PDA

View Full Version : LeBron makes vow before Game 4

thabisyo
06-12-2013, 07:39 PM
"As dark as it was last night, it can't get no darker than that, especially for me," James said Wednesday before the Heat's practice at the AT&T Center. "So I guarantee I'll be better for tomorrow (Game 4) for sure. I have to do whatever it takes. I mean, 7 for 21 isn't going to cut it. It's impossible for me to go 7 for 21, shoot 33 percent from the field and not have free throws. You have to figure out ways offensively that you can make an impact."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9377200/2013-nba-finals-lebron-james-miami-heat-says-struggles-continue

The King is coming :banana:

bluechox2
06-12-2013, 07:40 PM
not one shit was cared for his teammates

tikay0
06-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Aite. This is the moment of truth for Lebron. He guaranteed it. No excuses.

Mr. Jabbar
06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
He guaranteed to bring a title to Cleveland so I'll take this with a grain of salt

SpecialQue
06-12-2013, 07:49 PM
"As dark as it was last night, it can't get no darker than that, especially for me," James said Wednesday before the Heat's practice at the AT&T Center. "So I guarantee I'll be better for tomorrow (Game 4) for sure. I have to do whatever it takes. I mean, 7 for 21 isn't going to cut it. It's impossible for me to go 7 for 21, shoot 33 percent from the field and not have free throws. You have to figure out ways offensively that you can make an impact."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9377200/2013-nba-finals-lebron-james-miami-heat-says-struggles-continue

:lol

vegasbigshots
06-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Oh yeah. Finally he gets it.:rockon:

sportjames23
06-12-2013, 08:06 PM
He guaranteed to bring a title to Cleveland so I'll take this with a grain of salt

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

veilside23
06-12-2013, 08:08 PM
lets see this is the key point to this series... am sure spurs will give it all ...

it will be foolish for them if they let this slide and get back to series to miami....

Psycho
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
:applause:

Haks
06-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Lebron really needs to learn how to properly talk to the media. This shi* will get overblown by the media if he doesnt have a better game....smh

The_Yearning
06-12-2013, 08:39 PM
So he's basically crying out to the refs for help.

PickernRoller
06-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Anyone feeling worried about Stern visiting the Heat's locker room in San Antonio yesterday?

okayabc123
06-12-2013, 09:01 PM
I see Lebron shooting minimum 8 fts in the first quarter tomorrow. Heat will be up 14 by end of 1st. 34-20... book it! and blow up Spurs in the middle of 3rd quarter, final score 107-85...

Lebron's stat line, 10-16, 8 reb, 8 assist, and 15 ft... 37pts...

Myth
06-12-2013, 09:09 PM
I wanted to see a victory guarantee, not simply he will play better guarantee. That isn't hard after such a humiliating loss. This guarantee is almost pointless. He might as well guarantee that he will score in double digits.

longtime lurker
06-12-2013, 10:45 PM

How the hell do you score 15 points on 21 shots?

coin24
06-12-2013, 10:49 PM
This is too good:lol I see a big fail coming!
Little bronzey is shook:eek:

TMT
06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
This is the problem with Lebron. He shouldn't have to go out of his way half way through the NBA Finals and say that he's going to start trying harder to win now. :facepalm

BoogieWoogieMan
06-12-2013, 11:03 PM
It's impossible for me to go 7 for 21, shoot 33 percent from the field and not have free throws.

How is it impossible, if it happened? :yaohappy:

CavaliersFTW
06-12-2013, 11:08 PM
:roll: :applause:

also don't forget, not six, not seven!

coin24
06-12-2013, 11:25 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The Iron Fist
06-13-2013, 01:06 AM

7 wins 11 losses in the finals. What exactly is he the king of?

360crazy
06-13-2013, 01:13 AM
7 wins 11 losses in the finals. What exactly is he the king of?

Be patient grasshopper. You will soon learn at the end of these finals.

Jacks3
06-13-2013, 01:46 AM
:oldlol:

dbk123
06-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Inb4 15-20 shooting 40 pt game going 10-10 at the line

AintNoSunshine
06-13-2013, 02:21 AM
I wanted to see a victory guarantee, not simply he will play better guarantee. That isn't hard after such a humiliating loss. This guarantee is almost pointless. He might as well guarantee that he will score in double digits.

Well he did only scored 4 points midway thru the 3rd quarter:facepalm

360crazy
06-13-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm calling

37 points, 11 assists, and 13 or 14 rebounds on 53% shooting w/the Heat winning by 13.

Graviton
06-13-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm calling

37 points, 11 assists, and 13 or 14 rebounds on 53% shooting w/the Heat winning by 13.
I am calling 38 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists on 60% with Bosh getting a double double and Wade playing well as well.

R.I.P.
06-13-2013, 03:37 AM
He talked a big game before game four of the Mavs series, and then game five, and then game six and then there was no game seven. :oldlol:

360crazy
06-13-2013, 03:49 AM
I am calling 38 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists on 60% with Bosh getting a double double and Wade playing well as well.

Touche'.

(e)
06-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Was thinking this as well. :lol

SamuraiSWISH
06-13-2013, 03:53 AM
I am calling 38 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists on 60%
Not a chance in hell. He's not being guarded by old ass Paul Pierce, or the matador defensive technique of Danny Granger.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Not a chance in hell. He's not being guarded by old ass Paul Pierce, or the matador defensive technique of Danny Granger.

Yea.. I don't know why people think he's gonna turn on a switch. Dude will play better, maybe at his season averages, but I dont expect a "monster" performance.

26/8/7, imo.

strifed169
06-13-2013, 04:02 AM
12/15/5 imo

Kingwillball
06-13-2013, 04:20 AM
I am gonna go 27, 12,8.. 12 of 22 from the field.. As much as I would love for him to Drop 40 or even 30 there is no indication he will have that drastic of a scoring change.. He scores over 30 and HEat win however IMO the series is Over as Lebron will be Confident and Roll the rest of the series..

clutchinho
06-13-2013, 04:27 AM

This goin' be easy

AirMike
06-13-2013, 04:28 AM
I can't wait to read all the threads after Miami loses this game :oldlol:

Sakkreth
06-13-2013, 04:35 AM
29/12/7 on 50%

SamuraiSWISH
06-13-2013, 04:40 AM
Yea.. I don't know why people think he's gonna turn on a switch. Dude will play better, maybe at his season averages, but I dont expect a "monster" performance.

26/8/7, imo.
Me neither. I don't know what would even give the hint that LeBron has some switch, that he must have refused to flick the past 3 games ???

He's being guarded by a young, tough athlete who isn't cowering in fear to him. The team defense is going under screens, and JUST LIKE in 2007 daring him to beat them with his jumper.

LeBron, not backing up his prior statements of being "50 times better" seems tentative, can't hit the open looks, and usually refuses to even shoot the wide open shot. Even when he gets past the first layer of defense he always looks to dump it off first. Never commands attention at the rim by attacking and finishing with his superior physicality and athleticism. It's bitch made. He even avoids contact.

All of a sudden I'm supposed to believe LeBron has unrelenting confidence in these abilities? If he was truly a better shooter, he would've burnt the hell out of the Spurs the past three games and forced them to change their strategy. He hasn't ...

Sadly I'm expecting averages from this guy. He just doesn't consistently raise his game in the playoffs, no matter the opponent. It's so frustrating too, because there are times when I believe he's a top five all-time talent. And then he just befuddles me with a seeming loss of skill, lack of confidence, no go to moves, or just a general un-enthusiastic disconnect from the game. It's truly one of the most bizarre things I've seen in sports with this guy.

360crazy
06-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Me neither. I don't know what would even give the hint that LeBron has some switch, that he must have refused to flick the past 3 games ???

He's being guarded by a young, tough athlete who isn't cowering in fear to him. The team defense is going under screens, and JUST LIKE in 2007 daring him to beat them with his jumper.

LeBron, not backing up his prior statements of being "50 times better" seems tentative, can't hit the open looks, and usually refuses to even shoot the wide open shot. Even when he gets past the first layer of defense he always looks to dump it off first. Never commands attention at the rim by attacking and finishing with his superior physicality and athleticism. It's bitch made. He even avoids contact.

All of a sudden I'm supposed to believe LeBron has unrelenting confidence in these abilities? If he was truly a better shooter, he would've burnt the hell out of the Spurs the past three games and forced them to change their strategy. He hasn't ...

Sadly I'm expecting averages from this guy. He just doesn't consistently raise his game in the playoffs, no matter the opponent. It's so frustrating too, because there are times when I believe he's a top five all-time talent. And then he just befuddles me with a seeming loss of skill, lack of confidence, no go to moves, or just a general un-enthusiastic disconnect from the game. It's truly one of the most bizarre things I've seen in sports with this guy.

Did you watch the playoffs last year? Did you not see "the switch" against Boston? Did you not see "the switch" against indiana? If you didn't...Youtube is available. If you fail to acknowledge that he flipped a "switch" in those performances, I don't think you are a honest person.

SamuraiSWISH
06-13-2013, 05:26 AM
Did you watch the playoffs last year? Did you not see "the switch" against Boston? Did you not see "the switch" against indiana? If you didn't...Youtube is available. If you fail to acknowledge that he flipped a "switch" in those performances, I don't think you are a honest person.
He played extremely well in those games. Why does it take such DRASTIC measures for him to flip the switch? Why could he not even find it on his wall in the 2010 series v.s. the Celtics, or the 2011 Finals v.s. the Mavericks? Please explain ...

Graviton
06-13-2013, 05:34 AM
He flipped a switch against oldass half dead Paul Pierce guarding him, with Doc Rivers not even pressuring him or sending doubles, he just let Lebron rape them. Boston also had 0 size inside.

With Indiana it was more of a legit game, but still he was guarded by garbage Granger.

Indian guy
06-13-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm not confident at all. This Spurs D has him figured out almost way too well. LeBron, quite simply, will have to get ridiculously hot from the perimeter and given the stage, history is not on his side. For whatever reason, his jumper goes completely MIA in the Finals. He made something like 5 shots outside the paint against OKC last year too.

Graviton
06-13-2013, 06:04 AM
I'm not confident at all. This Spurs D has him figured out almost way too well. LeBron, quite simply, will have to get ridiculously hot from the perimeter and given the stage, history is not on his side. For whatever reason, his jumper goes completely MIA in the Finals. He made something like 5 shots outside the paint against OKC last year too.
Imagine if Spurs made the Finals that year lol, he got so lucky facing an inexperienced bunch of 22-23 year olds with a retarded coach and Perkins/Ibaka as the main big men. :roll:

He could have been 0-4 in the Finals.

360crazy
06-13-2013, 06:44 AM
He played extremely well in those games. Why does it take such DRASTIC measures for him to flip the switch? Why could he not even find it on his wall in the 2010 series v.s. the Celtics, or the 2011 Finals v.s. the Mavericks? Please explain ...

2010 vs Celtics...He was with the Cavs. The Cavs weren't a championship team. Lebron was a mvp player..but the cavs sucked.

2011...I don't know...but it served it's purpose and this is how

2012- You know what happens when the nice, friendly, I love my teammates that's why I pass" guy gets bullied by critics, kobe fanboys and other outsiders? They typically snap. http://pressboxperspectives.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lebron-james-looking-like-tad.jpg

Those 2012 performances were " I'm just trying to live my life but you keep ****ing with me, moments." I know what I'm capable of but I'm just trying to fit in" I don't want to standout but you're going to learn today who you're messing with. In real life the bully would bring a gun to school...hence why Lebron brought an ak47 of performances to the 2012 finals. Some people just don't know how to leave people alone and keep their stupidity to themselves. Lebron won a championship because of it.

Push him to the ledge and he will snap. Corner him and keep poking him with sticks...he will bite your head off. Leave him alone and he will play fetch and lick your face.

So go ahead keep talking stupid about this man...let the media talk stupid about him...IT"S OVER FOR THE OPPONENT.

2013- Just wait and see....I promise you a second ring.
Mark my words.

Fallen Angel
06-13-2013, 06:52 AM
2010 vs Celtics...He was with the Cavs. The Cavs weren't a championship team. Lebron was a mvp player..but the cavs sucked.

2012- You know what happens when the nice, friendly, I love my teammates that's why I pass" guy gets bullied by critics, kobe fanboys and other outsiders? They typically snap. http://pressboxperspectives.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lebron-james-looking-like-tad.jpg

Those 2012 performances were " I'm just trying to live my life but you keep ****ing with me, moments." I know what I'm capable of but I'm just trying to fit in" I don't want to standout but you're going to learn today who you're messing with. In real life the bully would bring a gun to school...hence why Lebron brought an ak47 of performances to the 2012 finals. Some people just don't know how to leave people alone and keep their stupidity to themselves. Lebron won a championship because of it.

Push him to the ledge and he will snap. Corner him and keep poking him with sticks...he will bite your head off. Leave him alone and he will play fetch and lick your face.

So go ahead keep talking stupid about this man...let the media talk stupid about him...IT"S OVER FOR THE OPPONENT.

Mark my words.

:roll:

Harison
06-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Lebron is due for a great game, but instead of telling it to the media, he should show up on court.

9erempiree
06-13-2013, 06:55 AM

Mark my words.

You are quite the storyteller. I enjoyed it very much so.

360crazy
06-13-2013, 06:56 AM

9erempiree
06-13-2013, 07:00 AM

Doesn't mean I believe it though but a good read.

360crazy
06-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Doesn't mean I believe it though but a good read.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Witness-lebron-james-546520_800_600.jpg

STATUTORY
06-13-2013, 07:20 AM

dat ni99uh certainly likes Disney fairy tales :roll:

but reality is more like game of thrones, the King is bout to get done Robb Stark style

SpurrDurr
06-13-2013, 07:24 AM
A small pep talk from Lebron and all his stans are back on his d1ck again.

From all those jump-on/jump off Lebron di1ck, it will eventually fall off :lol

360crazy
06-13-2013, 07:30 AM
A small pep talk from Lebron and all his stans are back on his d1ck again.

From all those jump-on/jump off Lebron di1ck, it will eventually fall off :lol

Yup and ring #2 here we come. So all your childish babble means nothing.

TheReturn
06-13-2013, 08:58 AM
http://pressboxperspectives.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lebron-james-looking-like-tad.jpg
All you need to know.

diamenz
06-13-2013, 10:26 AM
All you need to know.

i agree. constipation is def a problem on the road.

Scholar
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Ah, so instead of going 7-for-21, LeBron will go 7-for-20. Nice.

Kaspah
06-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Lol

"Okay it is impossible for me to post up such terrible numbers, so since I did these past few games, I am now promising i will play better."

:coleman: :hammerhead:

This dude is such a soft ass pansy.

No shit Sherlock, you're supposed to be leading your team and you look like a deer in headlights. I dunno how anyone can be a fan of this guy.

I like him as a point guard racking up assists way more than I like him being the captain of his team. He has no leadership, not alpha, and constantly being dissed one way or another.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Lol

"Okay it is impossible for me to post up such terrible numbers, so since I did these past few games, I am now promising i will play better."

:coleman: :hammerhead:

This dude is such a soft ass pansy.

No shit Sherlock, you're supposed to be leading your team and you look like a deer in headlights. I dunno how anyone can be a fan of this guy.

I like him as a point guard racking up assists way more than I like him being the captain of his team. He has no leadership, not alpha, and constantly being dissed one way or another.

You pretty much just summed up Derrick Rose,

Kaspah
06-13-2013, 10:43 AM
You pretty much just summed up Derrick Rose,

Hey bro.

These nuts.

My nuts, right here.

Stay off em.

pauk
06-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Aite. This is the moment of truth for Lebron. He guaranteed it. No excuses.

It will be extremly hard to follow up that game producing same or worse....

Trollsmasher
06-13-2013, 10:49 AM
I would love to see some G6 shit today, although it is hard to believe.

305Baller
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
http://ceoseats.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/death-stare.gif

Haks
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
34/6/7 blowout win for the spurs Lebron scores 14 points in garbage time

Zodiac
06-13-2013, 11:04 AM
It could get worse Lebron, you could shred your knee. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but yes it could indeed get worse. It can ALWAYS get worse

Kingwillball
06-13-2013, 12:06 PM

The last paragraph is completely wrong Lebron has had some of the best playoff games and series of any player since MJ..the only 2 series he has underwhelmed is this one and dallas 11 finals.. Unfortunately for him those are ones people remember most.

TMT
06-13-2013, 12:07 PM
http://ceoseats.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/death-stare.gif

Shows up once every couple of years.

DMV2
06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
The last paragraph is completely wrong Lebron has had some of the best playoff games and series of any player since MJ..the only 2 series he has underwhelmed is this one and dallas 11 finals.. Unfortunately for him those are ones people remember most.
It's the Finals, duh.

Good thing most people don't count 2007 Finals against him, that would make 3 terrible performances on the biggest stage.

He still has up to 4 games left in this series to make it better. Everybody(incl me) will STFU if he can prove us wrong.

SpecialQue
06-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I would love to see some G6 shit today, although it is hard to believe.

I've been thinking about this. What if Lebron goes wild like he did against the Celtics and has a monster game...but the Heat still lose because everyone else is playing like ass? This Spurs team isn't just going to roll over because Lebron's dominating, and he gets discouraged REAL easy. What happens if he tries really hard to win, scores a shitload of points, and then just barely loses?

Honestly, Lebron's the only player I'd ask this about. He has an interesting psychology, and I never know whether to expect him to play passive or take over. Typically, when he takes over, his team wins. I really want to know what happens if he takes over and his team loses at this stage.

Graviton
06-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Well Lebron got his averages, but damn Wade went all 2006 mode and Bosh stepped up with a double double as well. Wonder where Tony Montana is now.

"You can only win with rebounding big men! Wade is garbage and Bosh is soft! Lebron is carrying these scrubs!"

This is why having all-star teammates>having some role players that can only rebound or only play defense. At the end of the day you gotta score to win, and Wade/Bosh can both go off in any game, not to mention they are both good defensively and Wade is all over the place impacting the game multiple ways. His defense tonight was the reason why Heat played so well, not Lebron "can guard 5 positions".

All Net
06-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Props to Lebron he did step up..

IGOTGAME
06-13-2013, 11:36 PM
4 time MVP gets props for this. Standards have really changed.

IGOTGAME
06-13-2013, 11:36 PM
4 time MVP gets props for this. Standards have really changed.

2010splash
06-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Hahahaha, fools thought this series was over. Only thing proven is that LeBron = top 5 player all time and Miami Big 3 = all time GOAT level team.

Heat in 6. Too bad suckers!

PickernRoller
06-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Hahahaha, fools thought this series was over. Only thing proven is that LeBron = top 5 player all time and Miami Big 3 = all time GOAT level team.

Heat in 6. Too bad suckers!

:lol :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
06-14-2013, 10:02 AM
bump.

all the posters that talked shit about Lebron and predicted him to fail avoid this thread like the plague :lol

Andrei89
06-14-2013, 10:06 AM
This is too good:lol I see a big fail coming!
Little bronzey is shook:eek:

Eat your words you frog

:roll: :roll:

Tmuston Beltics
06-14-2013, 10:09 AM
:no: