PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller starting Game 4!!! WOW!!!

arifgokcen
06-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Wow

Wow

Wow

Everyone was talking about this but actually considering it

wow

i am speechless

SAN ANTONIO -- Looking to jump-start a sluggish offense, Miami Heat coach Erik Spolestra is considering changing his starting lineup for Game 4 of the NBA Finals and inserting the hot-shooting Mike Miller, sources said Thursday.

Miller is 10-of-11 shooting on 3-pointers in the Finals thus far and is shooting 50 percent from behind the arc in the postseason. He started 17 games in the regular season, mostly as a fill-in for Dwyane Wade when he was battling injuries, and the Heat were 13-4 in those games.

Miller started Game 4 of the Heat's series against the Milwaukee Bucks, a game the Heat won by 11 points.

If Spoelstra decides to make the change with Miami trailing the San Antonio Spurs 2-1 in the best-of-seven Finals, Miller would likely replace Udonis Haslem in the starting lineup to give the Heat more shooters in an attempt to spread the floor. The Spurs have been successful in packing the paint over the series' first three games and it has cramped the driving space for LeBron James and Wade.

That lineup started together twice in the regular season and averaged 107 points in wins over the Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics. It has played 22 minutes together in the playoffs, outscoring the opposition by nine points in that time.

In that configuration, James could end up starting the game as the Heat's defensive center and also spend extended time guarding Tim Duncan. Haslem has been good defensively on Duncan in the series but has struggled offensively.

No matter how the Heat start out, one of their priorities going into Game 4 is expected to be deploying more shooting lineups. That could mean reduced playing time for backup point guard Norris Cole and more for Shane Battier, who recently has been out of the rotatio.

305Baller
06-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Hes going to go even smaller? If true, Spo continues to be experimental.

1987_Lakers
06-13-2013, 02:10 PM
This reminds me of the 2011 Finals when the Mavs put Barea in the starting lineup after game 3. They did not lose another game.

TheReal Kendall
06-13-2013, 02:12 PM
So its:

Chalmers
Wade
Miller
LeBron
Bosh

Meh.

I think that gonna hurt their rebounding now. I thought they was running this lineup some already.

I don't feel like its the lineups that's hurting them. It's just LeBron playing like shit that's killing the heat.

kNicKz
06-13-2013, 02:14 PM
http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/2010-11/mike-miller-it-is-what-it-is.gif

Le Shaqtus
How much will this affect their defense?

Kungfro
I think that helps the Spur's offense more then it does the Heat.

aj1987
You get out-rebounded by 20 and you decide to go smaller?:facepalm
Dat Coach Spo logic. If it works though, :bowdown: .

ReturnofJPR
06-13-2013, 02:15 PM
So, the HEAT go smaller?

Even with Haslem in there, Splitter and Duncan were having their way in the post. Nobody can expect Miller to continue shooting at that clip, why mess with his off the bench rhythm, although Miller is playing out of this world (offensively only).

305Baller
This is the same deal as last year, instead of Battier its Miller.

BlazersDozen
It should be

Chalmers
Miller
James
Bosh
Andersen/Haslem

But I'm sleep

DuMa
its a 50/50 move because haslem has been guarding duncan well.

but i like it. it gives miami more spacing they desperately need for the starting unit

ReturnofJPR
06-13-2013, 02:17 PM

but i like it. it gives miami more spacing they desperately need for the starting unit

But...but....but...

Haslem is a great defender...Miller is a laughable defender. Miller gets lost on PnR's. Tonight is going to be interesting...

In short:

Miami loses rebounding and defense

Miami gains floor spacing and offense

1~Gibson~1
06-13-2013, 02:17 PM
At least he's trying. I think it'll help more than hurt. LeBron better box out Tiago Splitter though.

BlazersDozen
06-13-2013, 02:19 PM

They replace Wade with Miller & keep the rest of the line up the same, then they only add a more effective offense & lose a little perimeter defense.

K Xerxes
06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
You're going to put LeBron on Duncan?! How is having to exert more energy and effort defensively going to help his offensive game?

ReturnofJPR
06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
They replace Wade with Miller & keep the rest of the line up the same, then they only add a more effective offense & lose a little perimeter defense.

Is Mike Miller replacing Wade or Haslem?

If Miller replaces Haslem, it is a bad move. If he replaces Wade, it's a great move.

NASH = BEST
06-13-2013, 02:23 PM
It should be

Chalmers
Miller
James
Bosh
Andersen/Haslem

But I'm sleep

That was my first reaction to this news too.

Could end up being a good move, but has more potential to be disasterous.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Not Spo's decision. Anything related to changing game plan or rosters can be directed towards the god father.

EnoughSaid
06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
If this helps LeBron and Wade get going, then why not? I mean LeBron could definitely guard Splitter, or at least limit him. Pop could go small too though, and start Diaw instead of Splitter.

ispin69
06-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Might as well throw Ray Allen in too. They need shooters to help Lebron. Wade and Bosh creating their own shots but they miss soooo much, it's ridiculous. I would even say start Cole, he can shoot the 3 and drive. Chalmers was great but he was creating his own shots as well but he's probably better off the bench when they need someone to create shots.

BlazersDozen
06-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Is Mike Miller replacing Wade or Haslem?

If Miller replaces Haslem, it is a bad move. If he replaces Wade, it's a great move.

I doubt they're taking out Wade. I been telling my friend's that Wade shouldn't have even started Game 3.

TheReal Kendall
In what world is Mike Miller > Wade?

I know Wade been struggling but he does play D.

You gonna sacrifice something with either lineup.

Most of yall posting want the Heat to be like the Cavs when LeBron was there. Just put shooters on the floor and move out LeBron way. They not gonna win like that

ReturnofJPR
I doubt they're taking out Wade. I been telling my friend's that Wade shouldn't have even started Game 3.

You're right.

Wade's ego wouldn't be able to recover though...

DuMa
I would think this is dependent on TP's status for game 4. If no TP then they can afford to bring in less defense

taucesays
06-13-2013, 02:33 PM
There goes their defense. Spo thinks they can take down the Spurs by getting hot with 3's. I guess that might be their only chance if Bosh and Wade continue to deliver like high school players.

AirMike
06-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Lebron to Miller: "I've made my vow for this game, do you know what that means ? It means you better make your shots when I pass you the ball"

Pursuer
06-13-2013, 02:35 PM
I think D-Wade's up for a huge game tonight, if Miller starts. Something like 17 points in the first half.

ispin69
06-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Starting line up should be:

Norris Cole
Ray Allen
Mike Miller
Lebron
Joel Anthony

Or instead of Ray Allen, put in Birdman. They might be small but they will be faster and quicker. Way more shooters. Ray Allen and Cole can drive and beat their man to the rim. Joel Anthony is great on defense, rebounding, rim protector. Even Lebron has shown he can block Tiago Splitter.

Chalmers
Wade
Haslem
Birdman
Bosh

It's a deep bench so they can still score when the starters get their rest.

tomtucker
06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
start andersen !

tpols
06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Spurs coming out with

Parker
Green
Kawhi
Diaw
Duncan

then??

Cant have Thiago starting because he wont be able to keep up with miller at all..

Rubio2Gasol
06-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Thing is....Haslem is hitting his jumpers and offering other very important things. Maybe they drop Chalmers and Let Lebron guard Parker seeing as he's injured.

BlazersDozen
06-13-2013, 02:41 PM
In what world is Mike Miller > Wade?

I know Wade been struggling but he does play D.

You gonna sacrifice something with either lineup.

Most of yall posting want the Heat to be like the Cavs when LeBron was there. Just put shooters on the floor and move out LeBron way. They not gonna win like that

It's not about Wade being better than Miller. It's about Miller will cause a match up problem with Pop's defensive scheme of packing the paint in this series because he is a shooter & it will open up lanes for LeBron. You can't have Wade AND LeBron on the floor together against this defense because they are both guys who rely on getting into the paint to score & have inconsistent outside game which is why the Spurs are packing the paint.

Mass Debator
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM
This is a terrific plan!

Mike Miller is a great rebounder. I don't see how that line up rebounds any less. Splitter is the least of my worries on offense and I'm sure Lebron will handle him the same way Udonis can. Splitter is forced to guard either Lebron or Miller leaving a slight paint opening for Wade and Lebron.

I called this but I said it was unlikely. Miller and Allen starting in part of Chalmers and Haslem with Wade handling Tony on defense. Udonis vs Bonner/Diaw. Birdman vs Diaw/Bonner. Chalmers vs Neal. Battier vs Ginobili for 3-4 minutes until Wade comes back in. Cole vs TP when Wade is out.

Miller can also handle the rock pretty effectively and is a solid passer at his position. His only duties on defense is to chase Green around and rebound.

Spo finally using Lebron's versatility! He's not producing to his potential on offense anyway so let him roam the paint on defense and grab those rebounds for fast break opportunities. Lebron at PF creates will create so much headache for the Spurs.

fpliii
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Thing is....Haslem is hitting his jumpers and offering other very important things. Maybe they drop Chalmers and Let Lebron guard Parker seeing as he's injured.

Perhaps, but Windhorst (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9380625/2013-nba-finals-miami-heat-consider-moving-mike-miller-starting-lineup-game-4-sources-say) is speculating otherwise:

In that configuration, James could end up starting the game as the Heat's defensive center and spend extended time guarding Tim Duncan. Haslem has been good defensively on Duncan in the series but has struggled offensively.

DMV2
06-13-2013, 02:43 PM
I think D-Wade's up for a huge game tonight, if Miller starts. Something like 17 points in the first half.
Wade's struggles hasn't been in the first half. It's 3rd and 4th quarter is where he disappears.

He had 12 points on 5/10 shooting in first-half in Game 3. But only scored 4 points after halftime.

ReturnofJPR
06-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Spurs coming out with

Parker
Green
Kawhi
Diaw
Duncan

then??

Cant have Thiago starting because he wont be able to keep up with miller at all..

Good teams don't have to adjust to the HEAT. The Bulls and Pacers beat up the HEAT staying who they are...big. As will the Spurs. Think of the ridiculous advantage the Spurs will have in the following categories:

-Rebounds
-Offensive Rebounds
-Points in the Paint

Stay true to who you are...that's what great teams do. The flipside is starting Miller will help the HEAT in the following categories:

-Turnovers (both ways)
-Putting the Spurs in Foul trouble

It's going to be a great game tonight.

tpols
06-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Good teams don't have to adjust to the HEAT. The Bulls and Pacers beat up the HEAT staying who they are...big. As will the Spurs. Think of the ridiculous advantage the Spurs will have in the following categories:

-Rebounds
-Offensive Rebounds
-Points in the Paint

Stay true to who you are...that's what great teams do. The flipside is starting Miller will help the HEAT in the following categories:

-Turnovers (both ways)
-Putting the Spurs in Foul trouble

It's going to be a great game tonight.
If duncan guards bosh and Kawhi stays on Lebron, Splitter will have to stick with Miller.. not gonna work. And if splitter guards bosh then Duncan will be drawn out of the paint to guard miller.. again a disaster.

Theres no way Spurs can start splitter and duncan against this heat lineup.. it wont work. They can throw either Bonner or Diaw to chase Miller around..

On one hand Diaw is slower but hes a better rebounder and playmaker/passer, and on the other bonner will keep up better and is a better shooter. Pop has a big decision to make here.. Spurs most definitely will have to tweak their lineup to keep up.

Rubio2Gasol
06-13-2013, 02:57 PM
If duncan guards bosh and Kawhi stays on Lebron, Splitter will have to stick with Miller.. not gonna work. And if splitter guards bosh then Duncan will be drawn out of the paint to guard miller.. again a disaster.

Theres no way Spurs can start splitter and duncan against this heat lineup.. it wont work. They can throw either Bonner or Diaw to chase Miller around..

On one hand Diaw is slower but hes a better rebounder and playmaker/passer, and on the other bonner will keep up better and is a better shooter. Pop has a big decision to make here.. Spurs most definitely will have to tweak their lineup to keep up.

What if Greene Guards Miller and no one checks Wade beyond 17 feet - like they've been doing all series :coleman:

DirkNowitzki41
06-13-2013, 02:57 PM
This reminds me of the 2011 Finals when the Mavs put Barea in the starting lineup after game 3. They did not lose another game.

exactly what i thought

arifgokcen
06-13-2013, 02:59 PM
If this move results in 3 straight wins for miami
i would call spo top 3 coach

1~Gibson~1
Perhaps, but Windhorst (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9380625/2013-nba-finals-miami-heat-consider-moving-mike-miller-starting-lineup-game-4-sources-say) is speculating otherwise:Haslem is 3-7 this series. That's about average for a guy who doesn't get any plays called for him.

If I were Spo i'd start

Chalmers/Cole
Miller
LeBron
Bosh
Birdman

and bring Wade off the bench as a 6th man. and Ray Allen as a 7th. Most effective lineup imo.

Mr Exlax
What if Greene Guards Miller and no one checks Wade beyond 17 feet - like they've been doing all series :coleman:

That's what I was thinking.

305Baller
06-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Haslem is 3-7 this series. That's about average for a guy who doesn't get any plays called for him.

If I were Spo i'd start

Chalmers/Cole
Miller
LeBron
Bosh
Birdman

and bring Wade off the bench as a 6th man. and Ray Allen as a 7th. Most effective lineup imo.

:applause:

ReturnofJPR
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Haslem is 3-7 this series. That's about average for a guy who doesn't get any plays called for him.

If I were Spo i'd start

Chalmers/Cole
Miller
LeBron
Bosh
Birdman

That would be pretty sick...or even Wade as 7th. With floor spacing essential to the Heat's success, Ray Allen would be better in that capacity.

rwfletch22
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM
So how many times does Mike get toasted on PnR and wobbles up the court holding his back...

305Baller
06-13-2013, 03:05 PM
So how many times does Mike get toasted on PnR and wobbles up the court holding his back...

at least 3-4 times

1~Gibson~1
Spurs coming out with

Parker
Green
Kawhi
Diaw
Duncan

then??

Cant have Thiago starting because he wont be able to keep up with miller at all..If youre the Spurs you keep your lineup as is. You make then adjust to you not the other way around :lol

At least so how that would work for the first 6 minutes and then make a change if necessary. Im sure that's what Pop is thinking anyway.

leMVP
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAfRv8Ulvhm51DFcusiUGnI3dusHTcI NrJg-JX269ZXkQFGsbVvg

:bowdown:

DMV2

If I were Spo i'd start

Chalmers/Cole
Miller
LeBron
Bosh
Birdman

Lack of Birdman in the game maybe the reason why Leonard is averaging 12 rebounds per game.

leMVP
06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
On serious note, this a 50-50 call, he scarifies the defense to help out the offense, unless Dany green and Gary neal lights out again like Gm3.

tpols
06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
They could let Duncan straight shadow the paint for Wade and leave him even more wide open.:oldlol:

1~Gibson~1
06-13-2013, 03:08 PM
That would be pretty sick...or even Wade as 7th. With floor spacing essential to the Heat's success, Ray Allen would be better in that capacity.Yea the Heat have a lot of depth if they would just use it.

Remember they still have Joel Anthony for defense and rebounding and Battier for defense/shooting.

They also will have Ray Allen and Dwade as 6/7the men... that's almost too much firepower to be struggling as much as they are.

ispin69
06-13-2013, 03:18 PM
The issue is, Bosh and Wade aren't scoring well and they are a liability on defense/rebounding. They don't want to bench these guys because they are "stars" but the fact is, they are not contributing.

They need more Mike Miller/Ray Allen for shooting.
Cole can shoot and drive past his defenders.
Birdman is rebounding and hustle. Haslem can hit that rainbow shot.
Joel Anthony is the rim defender, defense, rebounding.

Wade and Bosh's minutes need to go down if they want to win.

bukowski81
06-13-2013, 03:54 PM
How much will this affect their defense?

A lot IMO, so far in this series Miller has been involved in most of Miami defense mistakes

LA_Showtime
06-13-2013, 05:15 PM
This move completely contradicts what Spoelstra said the other night--that the Heat needed to fix their defense, not their offense.

arifgokcen
06-13-2013, 05:43 PM
This move completely contradicts what Spoelstra said the other night--that the Heat needed to fix their defense, not their offense.
Well their offense was worse then their defense.Even though they left spurs shooters open,spurs actually made abnormal amount of contested shots like 53%.Thats incredible percentage.During the first two game that number was 25%(numbers may be wrong i dont remember the exact numbers)

RedBlackAttack
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
This move reeks of desperation. The series is far from over. Such a drastic change when they're already having problems matching SA's size seems incredibly risky to me, not as much from a physical standpoint, but a mental one.

If they make this move and the Spurs immediately eat it alive by pounding them inside and Miller isn't knocking down those shots at a 100 percent rate (no way he can keep this shooting up), then what? Go back to Haslem, when you've essentially publicly abandoned hope with that lineup already?

The series is 2-1... I know this game could be the series if the Spurs win, but go with what got you here.

RedBlackAttack
06-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Lack of Birdman in the game maybe the reason why Leonard is averaging 12 rebounds per game.
I don't think Birdman is capable of logging heavy minutes (20 or more) at this stage in his career and still maintaining effectiveness. If he could, they'd be playing him more. There's a reason he's averaging 15 minutes a game in the playoffs and it isn't because Spo doesn't like him.

Cousin Oliver
06-13-2013, 06:16 PM
This is a feast or famine move.

Reeks of desperation but maybe they need to be.

GrapeApe
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I like the idea of Wade coming off the bench. He would still play 30-35 minutes and he would come in fresh and ready to attack. It would keep more consistent pressure on the defense throughout the game and would keep Wade fresher for the 4th quarter. It won't happen though.

DonDadda59
06-13-2013, 06:27 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549244_10150681810251775_272910871774_9632633_2012 822543_n.jpg

+

http://sevaeunplugged.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/panicbutton.jpg

=

Pat Riley giving Spoelstra the chance to spend more time with his family.

buddha
06-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Lineup should be

PG - Norris Cole
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Mike Miller
PF - LeBron James
C - Chris Bosh

La Frescobaldi
06-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Spurs need to hammer wade every second he's on the court. Belly up on his side every time he stops, make him feel that knee, raise that doubt in a weak mind.

letting wade recover, or ignoring him, would be a colossal blunder.

TheBigVeto
06-13-2013, 07:39 PM
It's all over for the Spurs. Put Wade as DNP - sucks and have Miller shoot his way to be FMVP. Heat will repeat.

diamenz
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Lebron to Miller: "I've made my vow for this game, do you know what that means ? It means you better make your shots when I pass you the ball"

laugh of the week - would rep.

305Baller
06-13-2013, 08:08 PM
It's all over for the Spurs. Put Wade as DNP - sucks and have Miller shoot his way to be FMVP. Heat will repeat.

:oldlol:

PizzamanIRL
06-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Miller to go 0-4 from 3pt range in the first quarter and their plan to copy the Spurs to backfire.

arifgokcen
06-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Well he starts
interesting game its gonna be
spurs for the win

KungFuJoe
06-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Took all of 5 minutes to realize why Miller didn't get much PT.

His defense sucks.

1rkrage
06-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Scott Foster :bowdown:

DMV2
06-17-2013, 11:34 AM
0 points in 2 starts.

29 points off the bench during the first 3 games.

Big 3 + Allen didn't need him in Game 4 but they could have used him last night.