PDA

View Full Version : [Breaking] via ESPN: Lebron will start at CENTER tonight

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2013, 03:10 PM
:facepalm omg.... RIP Center position... you truly are a dead position in the modern era :cry:

BoutPractice
06-13-2013, 03:12 PM
LeBron looking for his Magic moment.
Unfortunately, this sort of gamble reeks of desperation on Spoelstra's part more than anything.

BlazersDozen
Now hold the **** on...

TheMarkMadsen
Timmy D bout to get his Lil Wayne on & Eat him alive.

Why is Spo panicking so much after one loss? Did Pop change his starting 5 & entire gameplan after game 2?

BoutPractice
06-13-2013, 03:14 PM
By the way, what's the exact source?

1~Gibson~1
06-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Im sure LeBron can hold his on against Splitter but if he has to guard TD then this series is over.

With that being said i'd have to see a link before I believe this :oldlol: ..... or Sportscenter

westsideozzie
06-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Tragic Johnson. This dude does not have Magic's skill set.

DMV2
Timmy D bout to get his Lil Wayne on & Eat him alive.

Why is Spo panicking so much after one loss? Did Pop change his starting 5 & entire gameplan after game 2?
If this forces LeBron to get in the post then it's a good move. That's the only way he'll beat them. Bosh has to be more aggressive too, though like he was vs OKC.

AirMike
inb4 nothing changes...

305Baller
Bron
Bosh
Miller
Wade
Chalmers???

TheMarkMadsen
06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
If this forces LeBron to get in the post then it's a good move. That's the only way he'll beat them.

Lebron gonna post up on Timmy D? Are you kidding me?

knickballer
So they are demoting Bosh to the bench? Makes absolutely no sense..

If they want a guy like Miller in the lineup just move Lebron to the 4

tmacattack33
So he'll be guarding Splitter I'm guessing.

No big deal there.

But then that means Haslem is out, and Miller will start.

Now that is a gamble. Miller seems like he is in pain every time he runs down the court...I don't know if starting him would be a good idea. It'd be best for him to play against tired starters or back ups. I don't think he's healthy and agile enough to play against rested starters.

1~Gibson~1
06-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Lebron gonna post up on Timmy D? Are you kidding me?maybe not but he could try the triple threat. Theyre gonna zone up on him anyway.

MavsSuperFan

Lebron doesnt have the size to take on a prime duncan in the post, but at this point with Lebron's all world talent I think he owns Timmy. 1 on 1 at least in the post

niko

No, Bosh is the 4. Lebron 5, Bosh, 4, Miller, the corpse of Dwayne Wade, and Mario Mother****ing overrated Chalmers.

tmacattack33
06-13-2013, 03:18 PM

LOL, Duncan will be not be guarding Lebron.

San Antonio can do whatever they want to on defense, it's their call. Just because Lebron is the "center" now doesn't mean they have to put Duncan on him.

Also, Lebron will be the "power forward" really. Who the F said he'd be the center? Probably ESPN or ABC or some sports media outlet trying to hype things up.

CavaliersFTW
Lebron is 6-7 to 6-7.5 w/o shoes on with a 7'0 wingspan. He's wide bodied sure, but he has NO LOW POST SKILL... I mean ZERO. Tim Duncan is probably at home recieving the news right now that Lebron will be guarding him in the post and playing Timmy down low on offense... Tim Duncan is about to f***ing feast tonight folks. This is a joke. You don't put Lebron at the center position for the first time in his life up against one of the greatest low-post big men of all time during the NBA Finals, this isn't even funny, Lebron is about to get massacred, I feel bad and I don't even like the guy :(

Foster5k
Good move by Pat Riley.

1. No matter how good Tony Parker is, Tim Duncan mustbe stoppped at all cost. Lebron is the best defender the Heat have.

2. Lebron has shown he has a decent post game, etc.

3. Mike Miller has been shooting lights out from the 3.

4. Tony Parker is coming off an injury.

Expect Wade and Bosh to go off. Expect Duncan to struggle versus possibly Lebron. Expect Miller to light it up from the 3. Expect Tony Parker to take it "easy" or get injured trying to do too much.

This is the biggest game so far for Miami this post-season. They win or lose here.

Levity
06-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Kawhi will be on Lebron still, so does that mean Splitter guards Miller on the perimeter? or does duncan? or does SA go small as well, and play a C that can guard the perimeter better.

BlazersDozen
06-13-2013, 03:20 PM
I have a feeling the Heat are going to push the ball on every possession tonight.

leMVP
06-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Assuming that Duncan plays the 4th.

Lebron can handle Tiago splitter for sure, but not timmy.

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Lebron doesnt have the size to take on a prime duncan in the post, but at this point with Lebron's all world talent I think he owns Timmy. 1 on 1 at least in the post
Are you f*cking kidding me? Do you know that Lebron is at a huge disadvantage in size, reach, smarts, and most importantly a well disciplined/practiced repertoire of SKILLS in the low post? Lebron is going to get murdered tonight I expected the Spurs to win this series but I did NOT expect them to embarass the Heat and Lebron, this won't even be fun to watch it's gonna be a sh*t show :(

Uncle Drew
06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Duncan career high.

branslowski
06-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Tragic Johnson. This dude does not have Magic's skill set.

Wat u mean? He can get boards and pass the ball just as good as Magic, witout the flare and showboating...He needs to get on Kobe/Jordan level.....Scoring is STILL THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME.

kNicKz
Genius? Or retarded?

We will see tonight

shortsoptional
I think this is an indictment on on LeBron's game actually.

They have to change lineups around and load up on shooters because he can't score unless he's going to the hole right now.

tmacattack33
06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
I think you guys are missing the point here...

This isn't about Lebron guarding Duncan. He'll be on Splitter most likely.

It's about the Heat inserting one of their three point shooters (Mike Miller) into their starting lineup to help with spacing (and Haslem will be the one who is benched to make room for Miller).

Benching Wade for Ray Allen was the other option. And there was no way Spoelstra was going to be man enough to do that.

ReturnofJPR
Are you f*cking kidding me? Do you know that Lebron is at a huge disadvantage in size, reach, smarts, and most importantly a well disciplined/practiced repertoire of SKILLS in the low post? Lebron is going to get murdered tonight I expected the Spurs to win this series but I did NOT expect them to embarass the Heat and Lebron, this won't even be fun to watch it's gonna be a sh*t show :(

Then why would Pat Riley do it?

*Obviously Eric Spoelstra is nothing more than a glorified assistant coach and a motivator...that's it

Kingwillball

I expect Heat to win this series Still and Your Boys are Spotted a gm right now..

305Baller
06-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Duncan career high.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/879624/penguin-scream-o.gif

Foster5k
:oldlol:

You act like Lebron is some scrub. Dude is an elite defender. Tim Duncan is old. Just from fatigue alone, Lebron will negate all the other disadvantages. I don't care how good you are. Age does play a factor.

tmacattack33
I think this is an indictment on on LeBron's game actually.

They have to change lineups around and load up on shooters because he can't score unless he's going to the hole right now.

It helps Wade too. Who is on Rondo level with his shooting now.

Levity
06-13-2013, 03:26 PM
I do think lebron is going to play in the post more tonight, but not in the sense everyone is thinking. i think we'll see lebron play in the post similar to the way kobe did this season against san antonio, a back to the basket play maker. Lebron isnt going to score alot backing duncan down on the low block, but seeing as how great of a passer he is, he'll be a much better play maker down there. and since theyre surrounding him with 3 pt shooters, it seems like thats exactly what they want to do.

All Net
06-13-2013, 03:27 PM
:eek:

kNicKz
06-13-2013, 03:28 PM
My prediction for tonight:

Free throws....

free throws everywhere.....

tazb
06-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Decent move.:applause:

1987_Lakers
06-13-2013, 03:29 PM
3 pages and still no prove that he will be starting at center.

fpliii
06-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Smart move, and their only choice (assuming LeBron actually plays like a center, and it's not a switch in name alone).

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Turn on ESPN

Uncle Drew
06-13-2013, 03:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9380625/2013-nba-finals-miami-heat-consider-moving-mike-miller-starting-lineup-game-4-sources-say

Alan Ogg
06-13-2013, 03:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9380625/2013-nba-finals-miami-heat-consider-moving-mike-miller-starting-lineup-game-4-sources-say

Alan Ogg
06-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Why on earth would you tip your possible strategies to the media before the game!:facepalm

tikay0
06-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Why on earth would you tip your possible strategies to the media before the game!:facepalm

Trying to get the Spurs out of sync, and scramble and panic. Pops is too smart. He knows the game.

For all we know, Lebron will play C for like 5 minutes, then go back to playing the 3 or 4 for the rest of the game.

miles berg
06-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Wat u mean? He can get boards and pass the ball just as good as Magic, witout the flare and showboating...He needs to get on Kobe/Jordan level.....Scoring is STILL THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME.

Not even close to the passer and, most importantly, the leader that Magic was. He is nowhere near MiJ or Magic, he is slightly above Kobe level, slightly.

InfiniteBaskets
06-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Trying to get the Spurs out of sync, and scramble and panic. Pops is too smart. He knows the game.

For all we know, Lebron will play C for like 5 minutes, then go back to playing the 3 or 4 for the rest of the game.

For all we know the Heat line up will be exactly the same as the previous 3 games and this is all just smoke blown by ESPN and its writers.

PleezeBelieve
06-13-2013, 03:54 PM
If the Heat are not up 10 or more by the end of the first quarter, this move will prove futile as the rest of the game is a match up situation anyway.

boozehound
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM

this is what they are doing. Moving Haslem to the bench. The OP is full of it. The source is that he will be guarding the center spot at times.

bukowski81
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM

Come on, Lebron is having trouble posting up Leonard.

Ne 1
06-13-2013, 04:03 PM
LeBron looking for his Magic moment.
Unfortunately, this sort of gamble reeks of desperation on Spoelstra's part more than anything.

Contrary to popular belief Magic didn't play center against Philly in Game 6 of the 1980 Finals. The media tend to spin-off things in order to add more drama and glamorize and romanticize history even at the expense of truth and accuracy. He took the jump ball at then opening tip, but the Lakers regular PF Jim Chones was the center for the game and took on Sixer center Daryll Dawkins. Magic played small forward on offense and the Lakers placed Magic in the best position to succeed by having him take on defense, PF Caldwell Jones, the least offensive threats among the starters in the Sixers starting 5.

This is not to say Magic was not phenomenal, but the whole thing was a ploy, a gimmick that paid handsome dividends. It was a stroke of genius from the Lakers coaching staff led by the Paul Westhead to announce to media that Magic Johnson would start at center in lieu of the hobbled Kareem.

PJR
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
All about getting to a good start. Better spacing will potentially get LeBron going early. With how well Miller has been shooting since he's been entered in the rotation, it's something to ponder for sure.

fozi
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
WOW... creative move, but i dont think it will work, you know if it didnt work for the 1st Q they'll go back to what they usually do is to play him at the 3 ..

Without LeBron at the perimeter i dont see how effective the three's Miller will take.. As a said, its an experiment for one quarter ..

Eric sought stats, and he's not trusting his premiere player to make shots from range ..

Crafty
06-13-2013, 04:06 PM
So...
Chalmers
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Lebron ...
Why not Lebron at 4 and Bosh at 5?

tikay0
06-13-2013, 04:12 PM
For all we know the Heat line up will be exactly the same as the previous 3 games and this is all just smoke blown by ESPN and its writers.

Exactly.

Nash
06-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Can anyone explain to me a bit more why they do this? Why not just start Lebron at the 4 instead of 5?

r15mohd
06-13-2013, 04:15 PM
So...
Chalmers
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Lebron ...
Why not Lebron at 4 and Bosh at 5?

Bosh on Duncan...Lebron on Duncan is too risky!

offensively, this is great...Splitter will be lost trying to guard Miller, does Duncan take Miller now and Splitter on Bosh?

I'm sure Leonard stays on Lebron...same for Wade and Chalmers matchups.

very interesting approach indeed

bdreason
06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Bron will play PF, Bosh will play C.

Chalmers
Wade
Miller
LeBron
Bosh

It's not like Haslem is significantly bigger than Bosh or LeBron.

LongLiveTheKing
06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Bosh is gonna be the 5 isn't he?

TheReturn
06-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Bosh will be the one taking the PF-type jumpers, while Lebron will be playing deep in the post. I could agree with people arguing LBJ is the 5 and Bosh the 4.

Mr. Jabbar
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM
The night where Duncan climbs the FMVP ladder...

Replay32
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Terrible and misleading thread.

SoCalLakersFan1
06-13-2013, 04:27 PM
The night where Duncan climbs the FMVP ladder...
Seriously. Do they think Duncan is gonna be like Kendrick Perkins out there?

MJ23forever
Bosh is STILL STARTING...why are people making a big deal out of this?

NEVER made a big deal when they were starting Battier....but now all of sudden when they start Miller, Lebron is the starting center....:coleman:

It's no different from when they went with the small lineup even in this series in spruts. If it doesn't work 2-3 minutes in just change it.

r15mohd
Bosh will be the one taking the PF-type jumpers, while Lebron will be playing deep in the post. I could agree with people arguing LBJ is the 5 and Bosh the 4.

it has to be this, Lebron can deter Splitter...nag him a lot for the least. to put Lebron on Duncan could backfire, Duncan is too skilled for that matchup and would own Lebron.

if all is true with ESPN reports...expect Lebron on Splitter and Bosh covering Duncan

kamil
06-13-2013, 04:29 PM
if all is true with ESPN reports...expect Lebron on Splitter and Bosh covering Duncan

Have they not been doing this already?

IGOTGAME
06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Assuming that Duncan plays the 4th.

Lebron can handle Tiago splitter for sure, but not timmy.
Pop will start Tiago. Bron can't guard him.. He will get in foul trouble. Bump this tonight.

arifgokcen
06-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Pop will start Tiago. Bron can't guard him.. He will get in foul trouble. Bump this tonight.
Hmm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So you say lebron cant guard a player who is averaging 6.3ppg on 44% and that player is a center.Well he doesnt have to guard him my friend

Kblaze8855
06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Nothing noteworthy will happen.

tmacattack33
06-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Have they not been doing this already?

It's espn bro. It sounds pretty crazy and attention grabbing to have Lebron be the starting "center", so they ran with it to generate some buzz.

And judging by the size of this thread, and the amount of twitter posts you can see when you search "Lebron starting center", it worked.

IGOTGAME
06-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Hmm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So you say lebron cant guard a player who is averaging 6.3ppg on 44% and that player is a center.Well he doesnt have to guard him my friend
You'll see. It will cause breakdowns etc.

jzek
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Spo = GOAT coach?

arifgokcen
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM
You'll see. It will cause breakdowns etc.
Ok then i will bookmark this and remind you after the game

Though i still think spurs will win tonight

BlazersDozen
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Would be cool if this was a smoke screen & Spo had a bunch of players wandering around the court until right before tip where he reveals his real starters are Chalmers, Miller, James, Bosh & Birdman

Mrofir
06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Would be cool if this was a smoke screen & Spo had a bunch of players wandering around the court until right before tip where he reveals his real starters are Chalmers, Miller, James, Bosh & Birdman

And Pop will scream like a little girl and crap his pants -- not.

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
This was a panic move on Spo's part - he has lost his f*cking mind out there, the team is basically coachless now

BlazersDozen
06-13-2013, 05:31 PM
This was a panic move on Spo's part - he has lost his f*cking mind out there, the team is basically coachless now

Not really, it's basically what they did with Battier but Battier is playing like shit & Miller is hitting shots so he's using Miller instead.

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Not really, it's basically what they did with Battier but Battier is playing like shit & Miller is hitting shots so he's using Miller instead.
Spo when he decided to start Lebron at C:
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/1-vince-mcmahon-wwe-funny-face.gif

SpecialQue
06-13-2013, 05:39 PM

That fool's bouncing off the walls and shit, foaming at the mouth. It's some Jacob's Ladder shit in that locker room. I kind of feel bad for the Heat. :(

KingLeBronJames
06-13-2013, 05:45 PM
LeBron is gonna destroy and own Tim Duncan. :D

TheReal Kendall
06-13-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't see how this will help the Heat

DonDadda59
06-13-2013, 06:06 PM
LeBron is gonna destroy and own Tim Duncan. :D

Timmy on hearing the news that Lebron wants another lesson on post play:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2650501/give-it-to-me-baby-o.gif

:D

Miami is already terrible at rebounding. If Spoelstra goes with this ill-conceived plan, look for Mr. Duncan to have a 20 RBS game.

Sakkreth
06-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Spoelstra.... LOL dude is nuts.

knicksman
06-13-2013, 06:28 PM
stop blaming spo.. Thats the only hope for lebron to score which is to unclog the paint

Bobcats2013
06-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Desperation tactic that might or might not work.

Big risk, big reward.

Kingwillball
06-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Desperation tactic that might or might not work.

Big risk, big reward.

Yeah but i dont agree with it honestly. Play Miller and Allen more than but go with what got u there just better tactics and execution. U lose this gm maybe u pull out a crazy stunt like that but that is just me.

diamenz
06-13-2013, 07:41 PM
if the heat try something unorthodox i think it's going to backfire on them. i don't think they have the kind of chemistry to pull something like that, and that quick.

sixer6ad
06-13-2013, 08:37 PM
No, Bosh is the 4. Lebron 5, Bosh, 4, Miller, the corpse of Dwayne Wade, and Mario Mother****ing overrated Chalmers.

Would Chalmers even start for another team? I have never seen a coat tailer like this dude who thinks he's the star of the team.

Cali Syndicate
06-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Inb4 heat gets dominated on the glass. I see the strategy though....they're daring the spurs to win the game through the paint not the perimeter. Or they hope the spurs match the small ball play. Big gamble.

Show us what you got lebron

albas89
06-13-2013, 08:53 PM
History repeating itself tonight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYNDWaEmqto

42 pts, 15 rebs, 7 assists... hmm sounds about right, maybe with a couple more assists.

Tonight we're gonna watch the greatest individual performance in Finals history... book it!:pimp:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
History repeating itself tonight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYNDWaEmqto

42 pts, 15 rebs, 7 assists... hmm sounds about right, maybe with a couple more assists.

Tonight we're gonna watch the greatest individual performance in Finals history... book it!:pimp:

:applause:

chips93
06-13-2013, 09:25 PM
wtf is this shit?

lebron started at pf, with bosh at center, and miller at sf.