PDA

View Full Version : Chris_Broussard: Sources: CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Chris Broussard & his multiple sauces:

@Chris_Broussard: Sources: CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back & forth to figure it out. Story up soon on http://t.co/IRyv1niwQm

hitman24
06-14-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't get it nowadays, where's the will to lead your own team?

Haymaker
06-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Will they also take paycuts?

scm5
06-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Resign Dwight, Nash and Pau for CP3.

CP3
Kobe
Metta
Clark
Dwight

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

bagelred
06-14-2013, 11:00 AM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/multiple-sources.gif

jzek
06-14-2013, 11:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NolyMUG.jpg

Bucket_Nakedz
06-14-2013, 11:01 AM
i hope it happens, they deserve each other. and when they fail... hilarity will ensue. the nba needs a good soap

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-14-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't get it nowadays, where's the will to lead your own team?

For that u need to be a leader....

For last 2-3 years all you hear from thesw 2 losers is how they want to leave rhe current team and go join and create a super team...

No swlf confidence in getting thing done alone or with current team....

Lakers are atleast old but what reason does CP3 have to leave his current team?

Pathetic nba has become

niko
06-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Would Lakers take Griffin? Then you could do it.

andremiller07
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Dj + Dwight that free throw shooting would be epic to watch game in game out. Add in the stone hands and low IQ and it's one of the best comedy's in the last decade.

bagelred
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM

Can Lakers do Sign And Trade? I thought they couldn't.

All Net
06-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Houston?

DMAVS41
Dallas?

:pimp:

Mr Exlax
So how are we gonna get Dwight and CP3? The Rockets are gonna be filthy good.

niko
06-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Can Lakers do Sign And Trade? I thought they couldn't.
You cannot receive a player in a S&T, you can give a player out in a S&T though. So the Knicks could trade JR (for example) in a S&T for a player already under contract. But we couldn't trade Novak for a player being S&T'd.

Jameerthefear
06-14-2013, 11:14 AM
woo in Orlando!

:cry:

niko
If you could send salary to the Lakers for Dwight or to the Clippers for CP3. Do you have anything they'd take? Otherwise this probably means you get no one.

Kurosawa0
Would the Lakers really say no to a Blake and DJ for Dwight deal?

Rubio2Gasol
06-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Do you have to dump salary to sign both?

bagelred
06-14-2013, 11:17 AM
You cannot receive a player in a S&T, you can give a player out in a S&T though. So the Knicks could trade JR (for example) in a S&T for a player already under contract. But we couldn't trade Novak for a player being S&T'd.

I see. So Lakers be like :yaohappy:

daily
06-14-2013, 11:18 AM

Lakers would take that in a heartbeat

daily
06-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Do you have to dump salary to sign both?They have to dump salary to sign one

bagelred
06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Same old story....Chris Paul and Dwight Howard trying to force their way to Milwaukee....I'm sick of this shit.

Rubio2Gasol
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm guessing the Lakers would be more open to trading Dwight than the Clippers would be to trading Paul.

Doubt they want Lin - but they'll take Asik and Parsons.

hitman24
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
we already knew about dwight..but didn't they say CP3 was one of the most competitive guys in the league?

kenny817
06-14-2013, 11:29 AM

CP3
Kobe
Metta
Clark
Dwight

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LMFAAAOOO

boozehound
06-14-2013, 11:32 AM
dude is a moron. he talks about a SnT between the lakers and clippers. Pretty sure teams over the tax cannot SnT.

All Net
06-14-2013, 11:33 AM
The preference for both players would be to play together for the Clippers, according to the sources. Because the Clippers don't have enough cap room to sign Howard as a free agent, it would take a sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers to make it happen.

The Clippers would be open to working out a deal, but they fear the Lakers would never trade Howard to them, according to the sources.

hm

boozehound
06-14-2013, 11:34 AM
If you could send salary to the Lakers for Dwight or to the Clippers for CP3. Do you have anything they'd take? Otherwise this probably means you get no one.
clearly they do. They have a ton of reasonably signed players along with salary in lin or asik.

You dont think that the clips wouldnt take parsons, one fo their young pf prospects and lin for him? Salaries dont have to match

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Mavs are in a bind because they already used their amnesty clause on Haywood which means they would have to find someone to unload Marion onto and then still clean out more space.

Rockets would have to trade about 3/4s of their team and maybe even Harden to make room, it's damn near impossible for them to do this in Houston and stay even remotely relevant in the title chase because their roster will be so bad out side of those 3 and maybe one other guy, plus they already have 0 picks as it is.

Then you have ATL, with all the cap room in the world, two first round picks, the ability to S&T Josh for more picks/role players, Mike Budenholzer at HC and Al Horford who is already on a very team friendly contract.

niko
06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
clearly they do. They have a ton of reasonably signed players along with salary in lin or asik.

You dont think that the clips wouldnt take parsons, one fo their young pf prospects and lin for him? Salaries dont have to match
Lin is hot garbage on a big contract. Why would they do that? They have Bledsoe. Asik would be a nice start. But you need about $12M more.

It would have to be enough to convince the Clippers to give up their leverage and Paul. And it has to be a lot of salary because if not, how do the Rockets use their cap space for Howard?

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Lin is hot garbage on a big contract. Why would they do that? They have Bledsoe. Asik would be a nice start. But you need about $12M more.

It would have to be enough to convince the Clippers to give up their leverage and Paul. And it has to be a lot of salary because if not, how do the Rockets use their cap space for Howard?
Rockets also have no picks to contribute to this trade.

knickscity
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Just go to the Hawks and call it a day.

Dwight Horford CP3 + draft picks Luo Williams coming back and some ring chasers.

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Just go to the Hawks and call it a day.

Dwight Horford CP3 + draft picks Luo Williams coming back and some ring chasers.
and...you know Al Horford, he only averaged 21/10 over Feburary and March and 17/10 on the year as the #2 option to "Josh I turn the ball over every-time I touch it Smith"

BlazersDozen
06-14-2013, 11:44 AM
I can't see the Lakers doing a S&T with the Clippers to make the Clippers better. That is their direct rival for money, attendance & so on.

andremiller07
06-14-2013, 11:45 AM
and...you know Al Horford, he only averaged 21/10 over Feburary and March and 17/10 on the year as the #2 option to "Josh I turn the ball over every-time I touch it Smith"
He said Horford after he wrote Dwight I think you missed it

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 11:47 AM
He said Horford after he wrote Dwight I think you missed it
I did, this is what happens when you get new neighbors who have 4 dogs that bark all night and then construction workers building houses next you at 7 AM.

You don't get sleep and start mis-reading things.

STATUTORY
06-14-2013, 11:47 AM
that's gonna be a very expensive and star studded 2nd round exit team if they team up :roll:

won't miss smiling face clown Howard one bit

Rubio2Gasol
06-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Rockets also have no picks to contribute to this trade.

Who wants these picks you are so eager to trade? Most certainly not the Clippers and the Lakers.

Lakers would probably take either Horford or Smith - and try to get Korver if possible.

Clipers would only take Horford and/or Jeff Teague.

Uncle Drew
http://i.imgur.com/IK0pB.png

andremiller07
I did, this is what happens when you get new neighbors who have 4 dogs that bark all night and then construction workers building houses next you at 7 AM.

You don't get sleep and start mis-reading things.
Horford/Howard would be insane tho I must say as much as I hate Dwight that's a killer PF/C combo.

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Who wants these picks you are so eager to trade? Most certainly not the Clippers and the Lakers.

Lakers would probably take either Horford or Smith - and try to get Korver if possible.

Clipers would only take Horford and/or Jeff Teague.

Huh, the Hawks aren't S&T'ing for Dwight or CP3, they can afford to sign both outright and still build a team.

The only person that the Hawks would S&T is Josh Smith.

knickscity
06-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Horford/Howard would be insane tho I must say as much as I hate Dwight that's a killer PF/C combo.
That core would give Miami fits and compete with the pacers Bulls and Knicks etc.

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Both are top notch rebounders as well. Al averaged 10 RPG basically as a PF playing the 5. We all know Dwight can rebound.

Add in some rookies and Corey Brewer and maybe a vet SG and it could be GG.

Rubio2Gasol
06-14-2013, 11:53 AM
I just realized the entire Atlanta roster is basically free agents....if you sign Paul Teague will definitely want to leave as well. Smith probably won't do them the favor of S&T seeing as he wants a max contract and the only place that's happening is somewhere with cap space to waste.

niko
06-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Based on the data on hoops hype, they could be down to 26 mil in salary obligations simply by not picking up team options on garcia, delfino and brooks. leaving them with a team of asik, harden, lin, parsons, t rob, t jones, donatas, royce white, greg smith, james anderson and patrick beverly. oh and tim ohlbrecht.

12 players, so no roster spot holds. and, effectively 32 million in cap space before any trades.

Sorry, i misread. So you need another $8MM to fit them both in. Have to convince Lakers to give up and take Asik & maybe one other?

andremiller07
06-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Imo keeping Jeff @ the point and just signing Dwight and using the rest of the $$ they got to get decent defensive/shooting players for floor spacing would be just as good as getting CP3.

R.I.P.
06-14-2013, 11:57 AM
dude is a moron. he talks about a SnT between the lakers and clippers. Pretty sure teams over the tax cannot SnT.

Agreed.

If the Broussard report (and who

Zodiac
Imo keeping Jeff @ the point and just signing Dwight and using the rest of the $$ they got to get decent defensive/shooting players for floor spacing would be just as good as getting CP3.
This could also work, Jeff has shown some enthusiasm about working with Budenholzer.

Corey Brewer would be perfect for this team if he would either

A.) Become a better 3PT shooter
B.) Stop jacking up 3PT shots

boozehound
Sorry, i misread. So you need another $8MM to fit them both in. Have to convince Lakers to give up and take Asik & maybe one other?
huh, maybe they didnt include the team options? which seems weird. Right, that cant work. Harden is 13, lin and asik right over 8........

My bad
Too bad there isnt a good and accurate salary site on the web (or is there and I just dont know it?)

So basically, they can have those 12 players and 38 mil in salary (~20 mil in space). trading away lin or asik along with trob adds another 11+

BlazersDozen
06-14-2013, 11:58 AM
When was the last time Atlanta signed a superstar player?

knickscity
06-14-2013, 11:59 AM
I just realized the entire Atlanta roster is basically free agents....if you sign Paul Teague will definitely want to leave as well. Smith probably won't do them the favor of S&T seeing as he wants a max contract and the only place that's happening is somewhere with cap space to waste.
The Hawks dont owe Smith no favors, they could renounce his rights, he's assed out, and CP3 and Dwight come in free and clear.

that's why i brought up the hawks, they can sign these guys without any help from other teams at all.

i actually forgot teague, but even with his QO, the team only has 22 mil in committed salary.

knickscity
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
When was the last time Atlanta signed a superstar player?
This post fits close to 90% of the league.

niko
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
huh, maybe they didnt include the team options? which seems weird. Right, that cant work. Harden is 13, lin and asik right over 8........

My bad
Too bad there isnt a good and accurate salary site on the web (or is there and I just dont know it?)

So basically, they can have those 12 players and 38 mil in salary (~20 mil in space). trading away lin or asik along with trob adds another 11+
Howard has a good option in Houston and he might crap it away too with this insistence.

Next time Larry Coon is on i'll ask him if the Rockets can do it and how, he'll go throught it in detail, he's great like that.

boozehound
06-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Howard has a good option in Houston and he might crap it away too with this insistence.

Next time Larry Coon is on i'll ask him if the Rockets can do it and how, he'll go throught it in detail, he's great like that.
thanks. Yeah, that seems the best fit to me. Great city, the lack of state income tax compared to cali (over 10%) is another 1.5+ million in his pocket every year, young team, well built, etc. I see it as his best opportunity.

bigwebb5000
06-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Chris Paul and Dwight Howard have been in consistent contact recently about the possibility of becoming teammates next season, according to league sources.

..."They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen," one of the sources said.

The Atlanta Hawks could make it happen. Atlanta, which is Howard's hometown, has the cap room to sign both players to maximum-salaried contracts.

Howard is not particularly fond of the idea of returning to Atlanta, but he would do so to team up with Paul, the sources said.

...The preference for both players would be to play together for the Clippers, according to the sources. Because the Clippers don't have enough cap room to sign Howard as a free agent, it would take a sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers to make it happen.

...But while trading Howard to a team in their own building seems unthinkable, the Lakers are not likely to get a better trade package elsewhere than say, Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9386386/chris-paul-dwight-howard-hoping-play-together-sources)

alexd
06-14-2013, 12:23 PM

CP3
Kobe
Metta
Clark
Dwight

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
nash and pau for the best player the clippers have right now :facepalm :facepalm

Derka
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Well they can't do it in LA...it pretty much blows the Doc/KG/Pierce to Clippers out the window. Way too many pieces have to move to make that happen AND keep CP3 and Dwight. LA can do one or the other.

GatorKid117
06-14-2013, 12:27 PM
I hope CP3 stays in LA. I want Bledsoe on the Magic.

1~Gibson~1
06-14-2013, 12:36 PM
If they both go to Houston im definitely jumping on the bandwagon.. for right now im still a Cavaliers/Knicks fan though.

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 12:39 PM
How insane would ATL's core be?

just with CP3/Dwight/Al/Lou Will

then you add in the picks, maybe a guy like Corey Brewer at the 3, vets.

daily
06-14-2013, 12:46 PM
thanks. Yeah, that seems the best fit to me. Great city, the lack of state income tax compared to cali (over 10%) is another 1.5+ million in his pocket every year, young team, well built, etc. I see it as his best opportunity.

They discussed this on LA radio the other day with a tax man. Lack of state taxes in states like Texas or Florida only saves him 600k per year because he still gets taxed in all the other states he plays games in. When you balance out the longer term and larger contract he could get from staying in LA he leaves nearly 25 million on the table by going to Houston

boozehound
06-14-2013, 01:00 PM
They discussed this on LA radio the other day with a tax man. Lack of state taxes in states like Texas or Florida only saves him 600k per year because he still gets taxed in all the other states he plays games in. When you balance out the longer term and larger contract he could get from staying in LA he leaves nearly 25 million on the table by going to Houston
but almost all of that is the extra year of the deal. right, its only 41 games. so, say he gets paid 20 mil per year (average across the 4 year deal to keep it simple). 10 mil for home games, 10 for road (we will not include that he has more division games in texas each year). That 10% difference on the 10 mil for home games is still a million per year.

ZeN
06-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Id be ecstatic to see Howard traded for Griffin and Bledsoe. That would create some awesome Nash to Griffin passes and Bledsoe would spend some time under Nash's tutelage. This would allow for Pau to go back to his natural Center position. Plus we get rid of the malcontent that is Howard. Very few people will genuinely miss Dwight.

DeAndre Jordan can stay on the Clipps.. I rather see the Lakers get nothing for D12 then to take on the awful talent/salary that is DJ.

Flash31
06-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Well thres only one team in the league that can afford Both while putting up a good supporting cast with them
and that team is ATLANTA

THEY HAVE ENOUGH CAP SPACE TO SIGN 3 BIG FA.

And if CP3 and Dwight take a paycut they could sign both and leave room for another substantial fa.

12-Horford
3 million-Teague

they have roughly 40 million in cap room

Now if CP3,Dwight are samrt theyll take paycuts and if Josh Smith is smart hell take a paycut as well to join them.

So something like
Cp3-13
Smith-14
Howard-14
Horford-12
teague-3

thats 56 million,along with thier draft picks and cap holds,that makes
8 players for the cap,sign some role players and boom great team,championship contender,2nd best team in the league

Bosnian Sajo
06-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Apparently a deal for Dwight would be centered around Griffin and Bledsoe...

Nash
Bledsoe
Clark
Griffin
Pau

This would be PERFECT, Nash will actually have someone to lob it up to instead of clumsy Dwight, Pau gets to play the his preferred position, and when Kobe comes back having Bledsoe off the bench as our 6th man gives us some much needed depth. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN MITCH :bowdown:

chips93
06-14-2013, 01:33 PM
If they both go to Houston im definitely jumping on the bandwagon.. for right now im still a Cavaliers/Knicks fan though.

not to be a dick or anything, but if you are planning on jumping on a bandwagon, based on certain conditions happening, then you probably arent a real fan to begin with.

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Teague could accept his QO and the Hawks would still be under 35 Mil on the PR.

Obviously Dwight and Horford in the post would allow Teague to play the 2 defensively, his 3PT shooting took a huge step up last year and in the last two months his mid-range game steadily improved.

Who knows how good Teague's mid-range game can be under Budenholzer.

But CP3, Teague, Corey Brewer, Al Horford, and DH12 with Lou Will coming off the bench plus John Jenkins and the rookies.

Holy Sheet.

That's not even talking about the fact that they could land a guy like Dieng, Gobert, or Adams with one of their firsts. Dieng in particular would be a perfect back-up to DH. Then maybe grab Adetokunbo or Jamaal Franklin with the other one.

Nash
06-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Atlanta is the only place.

Or Charlotte. :lol

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Atlanta is the only place.

Or Charlotte. :lol
If this happens the Heat have to be massively concerned, no way can you allow Bosh to match up on DH on defense.

And on the flip-side the Hawks could put Horford on Bosh and let DH stick with Birdman or Haslem/stick around the post.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
I want the heat to lose these finals and for cp3/dwight to join forces in ATL

Knowing lebron he would come west next summer to play for lakers and beat the crap out of durant every year then play Atl/bulls/indy/nyk

NASH = BEST
06-14-2013, 01:59 PM
I want the heat to lose these finals and for cp3/dwight to join forces in ATL

Knowing lebron he would come west next summer to play for lakers and beat the crap out of durant every year then play Atl/bulls/indy/nyk

Could see this happening too.

With Miami on the decline, Atlanta is CP3 and D12's best move.

It would be pretty bitch of CP3 to leave to the Clippers though.

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Could see this happening too.

With Miami on the decline, Atlanta is CP3 and D12's best move.

It would be pretty bitch of CP3 to leave to the Clippers though.
Why would it be bitch? He never asked to go to the Clippers, he got traded there he doesn't have a lot of ties there.

Ol Dirty Bastard
06-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Dwight Howard to cross the hallway and play for Clippers.

"Do It Mitch!"

:facepalm

NASH = BEST
06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Why would it be bitch? He never asked to go to the Clippers, he got traded there he doesn't have a lot of ties there.

I consider it to be a good situation for him, it is not like his team is bad. Why would you leave just to play with Howard, sounds kinda gay and bitch to me.

Zodiac
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
I consider it to be a good situation for him, it is not like his team is bad. Why would you leave just to play with Howard, sounds kinda gay and bitch to me.
The Clippers have peaked and reached their ceiling..

they're not a title contender in the West and that's what matters

daily
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM
but almost all of that is the extra year of the deal.
For a big man coming off of back surgery that extra year is huge. Big men don't last as long as others and their big payday window is smaller. He'll be 29 in a few months, he's had back surgery that left him hobbled for close to a year, he played but was clearly hindered. In 4 years he'll be 33 when it's time to renew, that extra 5th year he could have had on the contract could be looking very attractive.

BTW I'm a Laker fan and I honestly don't care if he stays or goes, I don't believe he's the future for the Lakers or anyone, he's a star level role player at best, limited game no real improvement over the years, doesn't seem to have the win at all costs attitude

NASH = BEST
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM
The Clippers have peaked and reached their ceiling..

they're not a title contender in the West and that's what matters

True, he'd have a better shot at the Finals immediately if he went to Atlanta with Howard, but I dont think the speculated roster wins anything soon either.

The Clippers have showed that they are willing to bend over backwards for that malcontent, and I dont agree that they've reached their ceiling.

Whatever happened to earning a Championship?

These "Let's team-up to make a Superteam" dudes are faking ******s man.

Trying to take shortcuts to a championship is the bitch way.

UConnCeltics
06-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Not sure how much space the Clippers need, but they could trade Butler/DJ/Bledsoe to Boston for KG and the numbers work out. Saves them about 12 million.

Would give them Crawford/Griffin/Green/KG/Summers/Wayns @ 24 million. Should be good to sign Dwight and CP3.

DirkNowitzki41
06-14-2013, 02:23 PM
and how does he know they have been texting?

ZeN
06-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Really.. Thats the part that you find difficult to believe?

Derka
06-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Not sure how much space the Clippers need, but they could trade Butler/DJ/Bledsoe to Boston for KG and the numbers work out. Saves them about 12 million.

KG already refused to accept that trade, though. The only way I see it happening is if Paul AND KG go to the Clips with Doc.

UConnCeltics
06-14-2013, 02:32 PM
KG already refused to accept that trade, though. The only way I see it happening is if Paul AND KG go to the Clips with Doc.
Pierce would have to be bought out then sign with the Clippers for him to go. Not sure for how much. MLE is the best they can do I think? Loses a good chunk of money doing that.

daily
06-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Because somebody in one of their camps leaked the story to drive up the price in the off season.

No Evans!
06-14-2013, 02:43 PM

The NSA duh

Derka
06-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Pierce would have to be bought out then sign with the Clippers for him to go. Not sure for how much. MLE is the best they can do I think? Loses a good chunk of money doing that.

The Celtics aren't buying him out. Both he and KG are getting traded to extract some value for the rebuild -OR- he and KG play this season in Boston and ride off into retirement.

This is literally Danny's *ONLY* opportunity to extract some valuable rebuilding pieces. Just buying out Paul Pierce to not even get under the cap would be a total waste.

Flash31
06-14-2013, 02:58 PM
True, he'd have a better shot at the Finals immediately if he went to Atlanta with Howard, but I dont think the speculated roster wins anything soon either.

The Clippers have showed that they are willing to bend over backwards for that malcontent, and I dont agree that they've reached their ceiling.

Whatever happened to earning a Championship?

These "Let's team-up to make a Superteam" dudes are faking ******s man.

Trying to take shortcuts to a championship is the bitch way.

earning,the LAKERS ARE THE TOTAL OPPOSITE ALONG with the Celtic,
the Two GREATEST FRANCHISES IN THE LEAGUE.

Shaq,Kobe demanding a trade or all stars and help,Kobe trying to get Dwight and CP3,Melo teaming up with Amare and Tyson,Deron trying to team up with stars,
Clippers trying to get more stars with cp3 and griffin,
or back then
Magic going to play with Kareem,the Big 0 moving,Barkley joining up with stars to win,the 80s Celtics,the Bulls signing everybody and anybody,the Knicks loading up on stars every chance they get,the MAGIC having trios of stars.

WINNING IS WINNING.People realised they dont want to end up like Barkley or Malone,and they dont want to waste their years like GARNETT and LeBron.
Even back then stars were teaming up,people didnt make such a huge deal bc,there were multiple teams with all stars and the fact that there wasnt a team so highly scrutinisized and hated on everything that whatever they did is magnified to an extreme and a huge negative is broufght on anything they do.

Before the heat joined up,people were complaining up stars taking too much money,eating the salary cap,and just caring about themselves and money,and then when the heat sacrificed money,stats,and individual success for team glory,and winning championships,people said they took shortcuts and cheated and were cheap.

Jordan never joined with Bird and Magic bc they all had great teams,and even then that analogy doesnt work bc theyre nothing like the heat even their ages.

Itll be more like T-Mac joins with Dirk and Kobe in 2004
or Bird joining up with Drexler and Grant.

Derka
06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
The NSA duh
:lebronamazed:

NASH = BEST
06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Before the heat joined up,people were complaining up stars taking too much money,eating the salary cap,and just caring about themselves and money,and then when the heat sacrificed money,stats,and individual success for team glory,and winning championships,people said they took shortcuts and cheated and were cheap.

I'm cool with dudes going to better situations if their teams are not committed to winning. But it's not like the Clippers suck, or the Cavs sucked.

The only dude that I understand why he would want to leave was Bosh a few years ago. The rest of them dudes are a bunch of ring-chasing-****.

The Lakers have proven that they will do whatever it takes to win, but Howard is impatient and (bottom-line) is trying to find a shortcut if he leaves.

Different sport but I give props to dudes like Dan Marino and John Elway who stuck it out, and in Elway's case, he ends up winning a championship.

bdreason
06-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I don't see it happening. In the end, I think CP3 resigns with Clips, and Howard goes to Houston in a S/T for Asik.

The-Legend-24
06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Please leave, Dwight.

BlazersDozen
06-14-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm cool with dudes going to better situations if their teams are not committed to winning. But it's not like the Clippers suck, or the Cavs sucked.

The only dude that I understand why he would want to leave was Bosh a few years ago. The rest of them dudes are a bunch of ring-chasing-****.

The Lakers have proven that they will do whatever it takes to win, but Howard is impatient and (bottom-line) is trying to find a shortcut if he leaves.

Different sport but I give props to dudes like Dan Marino and John Elway who stuck it out, and in Elway's case, he ends up winning a championship.

But the Cavs did suck. They were a lottery team without LeBron. Clippers are still a playoff team without Chris Paul.

UConnCeltics
06-14-2013, 05:16 PM
The Celtics aren't buying him out. Both he and KG are getting traded to extract some value for the rebuild -OR- he and KG play this season in Boston and ride off into retirement.

This is literally Danny's *ONLY* opportunity to extract some valuable rebuilding pieces. Just buying out Paul Pierce to not even get under the cap would be a total waste.
Not saying he should be bought out, but for CP3, Dwight, KG, and PP to all go to the Clips Pierce would need to be bought out.

gasolina
06-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Before the heat joined up,people were complaining up stars taking too much money,eating the salary cap,and just caring about themselves and money,and then when the heat sacrificed money,stats,and individual success for team glory,and winning championships,people said they took shortcuts and cheated and were cheap..
The only one I can give credit to is Bosh and Wade. Both players were legit all stars and are now treated as scapegoat by Lebron fans.

Also, don't act like it was a huge sacrifice. Nobody paid much attention to Bosh when he was losing in Toronto. The Heat and Wade were turning out 1st round exits before 2010. I'm pretty sure all three players are better off today than if they didn't join up

NASH = BEST
06-14-2013, 05:22 PM
If they end up signing with the same team I hope both them homos end up holding hands together while they're doing their press conference.

COnDEMnED
06-14-2013, 05:23 PM
They wouldn't even answer the phone if they knew what you were asking.

FiveRings
06-14-2013, 05:27 PM

CP3
Kobe
Metta
Clark
Dwight

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Lakers 2014 NBA Champions :rockon: Are the LA teams even allowed to make that sign and trade though, or does the new CBA make it impossible?

FiveRings
06-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Id be ecstatic to see Howard traded for Griffin and Bledsoe. That would create some awesome Nash to Griffin passes and Bledsoe would spend some time under Nash's tutelage. This would allow for Pau to go back to his natural Center position. Plus we get rid of the malcontent that is Howard. Very few people will genuinely miss Dwight.

DeAndre Jordan can stay on the Clipps.. I rather see the Lakers get nothing for D12 then to take on the awful talent/salary that is DJ.
I would also be ecstatic to see Dwight for Griffin. I'm not a big Griffin fan, but he can still get better, and he's better than anyone else LA could get for Dwight.

CP3 and Dwight on the Clippers is not getting it done in the Playoffs though. I can't see them beating OKC. And how unfair would this be to Orlando? They get Aflallo and we end up with Griffin :lol

Flash31
06-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Lakers 2014 NBA Champions :rockon: Are the LA teams even allowed to make that sign and trade though, or does the new CBA make it impossible?

it is impossible,
The Lakers are over the cap and the Clippers are over the cap and the salaries dont match so
it cant happen.

The new CBA has made it almost impossible for teams over the cap to do sign and trades.

Sarcastic
06-14-2013, 05:57 PM
A lot more plausible than the Celtics Doc Rivers PP KG deal.

oh the horror
06-14-2013, 05:59 PM

IMO Lakers make out pretty damn well if they happened upon Bledsoe and Griffin.

el gringos
06-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Huh, the Hawks aren't S&T'ing for Dwight or CP3, they can afford to sign both outright and still build a team.

The only person that the Hawks would S&T is Josh Smith.
Wouldn't Dwight demand to play with smith over horford?

Flash31
06-14-2013, 06:02 PM
The only one I can give credit to is Bosh and Wade. Both players were legit all stars and are now treated as scapegoat by Lebron fans.

Also, don't act like it was a huge sacrifice. Nobody paid much attention to Bosh when he was losing in Toronto. The Heat and Wade were turning out 1st round exits before 2010. I'm pretty sure all three players are better off today than if they didn't join up

24/11 to 18/9
27/5/5 to 22/5/5

from 18 fga to 12 fga
from 20 fga to 15
from 18 mill,max contract to a paycut
from a mx contract to 4 mill less

from being 1st options to 2nd and 3rd
from having glory and credit to being sidekicks and supporting pieces
from having control of the ball and the team ran through them all the time to having their touches,shots,opportunities limited
from playing their game to having to adapt and change with new players and accomadation

And well Wade won in 06,avg 35,5,5
and Bosh was one of the best big men in the league now is relegated to 3rd option,and having his game changed to fit the team

Theyre clearly better off for the team WINNING,
Individual Success and Glory,money,appraise
took a back seat and left for Championships,Winning,being the best,having a chance to go to the finals every year.

Im not much a LeBron fan at all,though playing the way he does and how he has improved he deserves credit,but at
the same time what these LeBron stans and haters dont realize is that its a TEAM game and thats precisely what Wade and Bosh did
sacrificed,not just them but everybody
Haslem,Miller,Allen,Battier,Chalmers for the betterment of the team,
for the TEAM.
They didnt sacrifice to get LeBron or be supporting pieces,they DID IT TO WIN.

And in Sports,especially in Basketball WINNING is the BE ALL END ALL.

DuMa
06-14-2013, 06:03 PM
any other sources besides broussard

ZeN
06-14-2013, 06:05 PM
24/11 to 18/9
27/5/5 to 22/5/5

from 18 fga to 12 fga
from 20 fga to 15
from 18 mill,max contract to a paycut
from a mx contract to 4 mill less

from being 1st options to 2nd and 3rd
from having glory and credit to being sidekicks and supporting pieces
from having control of the ball and the team ran through them all the time to having their touches,shots,opportunities limited
from playing their game to having to adapt and change with new players and accomadation

And well Wade won in 06,avg 35,5,5
and Bosh was one of the best big men in the league now is relegated to 3rd option,and having his game changed to fit the team

Theyre clearly better off for the team WINNING,
Individual Success and Glory,money,appraise
took a back seat and left for Championships,Winning,being the best,having a chance to go to the finals every year.

Im not much a LeBron fan at all,though playing the way he does and how he has improved he deserves credit,but at
the same time what these LeBron stans and haters dont realize is that its a TEAM game and thats precisely what Wade and Bosh did
sacrificed,not just them but everybody
Haslem,Miller,Allen,Battier,Chalmers for the betterment of the team,
for the TEAM.
They didnt sacrifice to get LeBron or be supporting pieces,they DID IT TO WIN.

And in Sports,especially in Basketball WINNING is the BE ALL END ALL.
wrong thread :roll:

Flash31
06-14-2013, 06:29 PM
wrong thread :roll:

was responding to somebodyelse,

got a little off track,It happens here with all threads

anyways

CP3&Howard to ATL it is
New Powerhouse

coin24
06-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Those 2 losers on the hawks = nets 2.0..

Rather see the lakers tank a year than resign dwight the no heart piece of shit. What's with all these so called "superstars" now. They just want to team up and take an easy path to a ring, no work ethic or pride:facepalm

CP3 is a career loser anyway, let the excuses fly but you all know its true..

joeyjoejoe
06-14-2013, 06:58 PM
For that u need to be a leader....

For last 2-3 years all you hear from thesw 2 losers is how they want to leave rhe current team and go join and create a super team...

No swlf confidence in getting thing done alone or with current team....

Lakers are atleast old but what reason does CP3 have to leave his current team?

Pathetic nba has become

Kinda reminds me of when Lakers sucked coz shaq left and kobe wanted to team up with another star or he was gonna walk n they brought in gasol, makes u wonder where kobe would be in terms of rankings without shaq and pau, my guess is no rings but maybe 2 or 3 mvps!!!

COnDEMnED
06-14-2013, 07:14 PM
any other sources besides broussard
Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 6m
Metta World Peace just said there is NO TRUTH to Dwight and CP3 rumored reports this morning (on AM 570 Radio)

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 2m
And, Metta World Peace also said he spoke to Dwight and CP (but again, this is Metta we're talking about here, so who knows)

https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters

ZeN
06-14-2013, 07:21 PM
since when is MWP an authoritative figure on these rumors? :oldlol:

COnDEMnED
06-14-2013, 07:22 PM
since when is MWP an authoritative figure on these rumors? :oldlol:
Don't shoot the messenger

PickernRoller
06-14-2013, 09:43 PM

Only dreams that wet u up at night.
----------------------------------------------------

Lakers will do their thing. Despite Jim Buss screwing things around. On a sidenote.....Chriss is a phagg0t.

SamuraiSWISH
06-14-2013, 09:44 PM
:facepalm @ this era of clowns "teaming up"

NewYorkNoPicks
06-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Multiple Sauces?

talkingconch
06-14-2013, 11:52 PM
probably wont watch nba for a while unless its to the lakers

sorry, still bitter because these two were supposed to team up for the lakers.

Vragrant
06-15-2013, 12:30 AM
we already knew about dwight..but didn't they say CP3 was one of the most competitive guys in the league?

A lot of marketing. I don't see how CP3 is anymore competitive than any of the other superstars in the league, hes just more vocal about it.

That being said, its not exactly easy to build a successful superteam, the chemistry and sacrifice has to be right like anyother team. The Knicks and the Lakers have already tried it and so far have failed.

maybeshewill13
06-15-2013, 01:02 AM
probably wont watch nba for a while unless its to the lakers

sorry, still bitter because these two were supposed to team up for the lakers.
Umm no, you were never going to get both. You were meant to get CP3.. then that was vetoed so you went after Dwight. How you propose you were ever going to be able to pay for Kobe, Dwight, Pau and CP3? :biggums: That alone is like 100m.

DixieNourmous
06-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Umm no, you were never going to get both. You were meant to get CP3.. then that was vetoed so you went after Dwight. How you propose you were ever going to be able to pay for Kobe, Dwight, Pau and CP3? :biggums: That alone is like 100m.

Lakers can off Pau Gasol and Nash, pay more lux tax and try again.

stickfigure87
06-15-2013, 07:19 AM

pau was apart of the trade for cp3.

paul + l.o = cp3
bynum + picks = dwight

also, remember that the lakers had actually shed salary when that trade was made. that was what made dan gilbert so angry.