PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better analyst? Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith?

CanYouDigIt
06-15-2013, 09:40 AM
http://americaswhiteboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Skip-Bayless-Douchebag-Lebron-James.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/785120/thumbs/s-STEPHEN-A-SMITH-SNL-large.jpg

Kblaze8855
06-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Be it Lebron, Tebow, Romo, Westbrook, Manning, Durant, Mayweather or whoever...Skip doesnt much talk about sports. He talks about in vague cliches and about how he thinks people......feel.

Smith at least will try to explain himself within the confines of the sport in question. But neither are anything more than usual sports fans. Just happen to be on tv.

Shade8780
06-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Stephen A. Smith. Neither of them are very good analysts but Skip is just terrible.

Vienceslav
06-15-2013, 09:48 AM
I think Skip plays a character to a certain degree on the show so you can't really tell if that's all he has got in terms of knowledge of the game.
And Stephen is immersed in the NBA circles and knows a lot of guys(or the amount of name dropping he commits creates that illusion).
I know the "analysis" they provide is really simple, but you can't expect them to break down plays like coach Dick does or say clutch does not exists like Henry Abbott.
The crowd that would appreciate that is a minority in comparison to the present crowd that watches the show and as every TV show they cater to their audience.

andremiller07
06-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Skip when it comes to boxing is just to funny, the dude literally knows nothing, I'm literally embarrased for him listening to him speak about the sport of boxing.

STATUTORY
06-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Skip Bayless easily. He creates narratives about the psychological makeup of players and social implications of their actions. greatest troll on tv

Trollsmasher
06-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Skip, because everything he says is absolutely hilariously idiotic and that implies that he knows exactly what he is talking about and what is trendy.

Stephen A. is more about the style of his speech. That Jay Pharoah parody is one of the best I've seen.

305Baller
06-15-2013, 10:04 AM
They both stink.

BoutPractice
06-15-2013, 10:12 AM
They're entertainers, not analysts, but Stephen A Smith seems more intelligent than Skip Bayless. Now whether it's because Skip is a better actor or whether he genuinely has below average intelligence, I don't know.

BlazersDozen
06-15-2013, 10:15 AM
They're entertainers, not analysts, but Stephen A Smith seems more intelligent than Skip Bayless. Now whether it's because Skip is a better actor or whether he genuinely has below average intelligence, I don't know.

I think he's an actor. I've caught him numerous times with a grin after he has said something troll-like.

Rubio2Gasol
06-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Neither analyze shit. One of the funniest videos I've seen is when Cuban asks Skip about the defensive sets Dallas ran to force Lebron off the ball - Skip was dumbfounded.

chosen_one6
06-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Push. Both of these f*ckers are idiots that just spew sh*t for ratings. SAS is at least funny sometimes in his delivery. Skip is like many of the trolls on this site.

daily
06-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Paper or Plastic?

Either way when you get them home they're both just trashbags

jazz873
06-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Skip is all shock value. So Stephen A

jzek
06-15-2013, 03:22 PM
SAS actually knows a thing or two about sports.
Skip is there just to say controversial things that will get ppl riled up.

kNicKz
06-15-2013, 03:34 PM
First Take is completely satirical. (especially skip) The show is gold. I find it entertaining as hell

TerranOP
06-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Skip for sure. He actually brings in stats to back up what he says. Neither are very good analytically, but SAS is just terrible. He ignores hard facts simply because he wants to argue with Skip.

Goldrush25
06-15-2013, 05:38 PM
They aren't analysts by trade. They're journalists. They are paid to give you their opinions.

You won't see many (if any) analysts that never played in the league. Analysts "analyze" because they have expertise based on experience.

Tim Legler is an analyst. He's paid to explain to you what you're watching.

OhNoTimNoSho
06-15-2013, 07:32 PM
If Skips bayless was just a dude that said the same shit all the other analysts you guys would barely know who he was. Instead, he says what others wouldn't say and this dude has a steady job, is high profile, and is often the topic of discussion. Now tell me what you think about him.

Rose'sACL
06-15-2013, 08:03 PM
both aren't good but i am really jealous of skip. Smith actually goes to most playoff games and has to go to different cities pretty much every day, skip only goes to the finals and a few other games and he gets paid a lot. That is my dream job.

DMV2
06-15-2013, 08:36 PM
First Take is completely satirical. (especially skip) The show is gold. I find it entertaining as hell
This. They can be very entertaining.

I love when they spend an entire show on the Jalen vs Skip feud when Jalen called Skip "Water Pistol Pete Jr." They got really emotional in it too. :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9QJ8SKtZw

I love that Steven A thinks athletes wants to do what he and Skip does for a living, meaning athletes want to be columnists and that they're starving to be in Jalen's position.

Heavincent
06-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Skip is a genuine idiot. He probably exaggerates some of his opinions for effect, but he actually believes most of the crap he says. His knowledge of sports is limited, so he just uses arm chair psychology and cliches instead.

MavsSuperFan
06-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Skip is a genuine idiot. He probably exaggerates some of his opinions for effect, but he actually believes most of the crap he says. His knowledge of sports is limited, so he just uses arm chair psychology and cliches instead.

With that said, lets be honest, every single sports fan is jealous of skip. His job is what we do for fun, and he makes $500k per year and has a net worth of $ 4 million.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/skip-bayless-net-worth/

He is doing something right. If he is an idiot what the **** are the rest of us doing wrong.

and from my understanding first take gets good ratings so his job is safe.

LeBird
06-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Be it Lebron, Tebow, Romo, Westbrook, Manning, Durant, Mayweather or whoever...Skip doesnt much talk about sports. He talks about in vague cliches and about how he thinks people......feel.

Smith at least will try to explain himself within the confines of the sport in question. But neither are anything more than usual sports fans. Just happen to be on tv.

This.

wakencdukest
06-16-2013, 12:04 AM
They both suck ass.

tpols
06-16-2013, 12:18 AM
I think he's an actor. I've caught him numerous times with a grin after he has said something troll-like.
He's always trolling lol

When they had that scoring meter for lebron before game 4 Steve a Smith said 37 points for Bron and skip was scoffing rolling his eyes giving the smirk look away..he knows exactly what he's doing.

He's more educated and probably has a higher IQ than 99 percent of Ish

tpols
06-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Nah he knows exactly what he's doing :lol

You would think people would've caught on during the tebow fiasco..having crowds of people behind him yelling at Steve smith as everyone chants all he does is win..DJ khaled and rick Ross song coming on in between commercials..he is the ultimate troll

SyRyanYang
06-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Skip has his agendas which can be annoying at times but he knows his shit.
SAS is an Ahole who doesn't know jack shit about basketball yet talks in a powerful, persuasive and convincing way (give credit to that). Reminds me a lot of one certain Coach Dick (or whatever).

LongLiveTheKing
06-16-2013, 12:44 AM
I think they are both fun to watch, I like how Stephen uses his emotions. I think SAS is better but they're both fun to watch. I actually enjoy First Take as long as you don't get to mad at what they say.

NumberSix
06-16-2013, 12:54 AM
I actually like Skip Bayless. Just take that show for what it is. It's not analysis or news. It's just fan opinions.

MetsPackers
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Skip is a clown the guy doesn't even really do any real journalism or go to games or practices or anything. The guy probably watches a lot less NBA than a lot of the guys on this site. He's never even met Lebron or Tebow or Durant or most big name athletes yet he makes a living trying to discredit them every day. I'd really be interested to know how much basketball the guy actually watches. I think I remember something online saying he was a star pointguard in high school but it was probably just bullshit. The dude is like 5'3" so i'm not really buying him being a big star. The guy is getting rich acting like a troll on tv so you can't really call him a moron but i'd rather not watch him and i'm glad he's never included on like any game halftime panels or anything. Shaq and Kenny are already pretty bad and Magic isn't much better. Throwing Skip into something like that would be horrible

andgar923
06-16-2013, 01:15 AM
None are analysts per se, they're talk show hosts.

Skip is brilliant at what he does. People may call him an idiot, but the man does his job perfectly, he knows what buttons to push and he does them excellently.

Stephen A imo is too chummy with the athletes, he tends to favor their side more only calling them out when it is very obvious to do so.

But they make a perfect team. Their chemistry is great and entertaining.

Now why they have Janelle or whatever that idiot's name is I don't know.

Mass Debator
06-16-2013, 01:55 AM
I like them both. I listen closely to Stephen A to pick up some new words for my vocabulary and for Skip, he's just a cool grandpa. Out of the two, I bet it's only Skip who has banged Ms. Champion.

senelcoolidge
06-16-2013, 02:48 AM
Stephen Ass Smith and Bayless both suck cocck. espn has become such a joke it's sad. but than again they fit into the garbage that tv networks know the dumb consumers will gobble up.

Lakers Legend#32
06-16-2013, 03:43 AM
That's like asking what hurts worse, a toothache or an earache.

Sharmer
06-16-2013, 05:49 PM
They're both two big mouths who seek headlines, they should not be considered analyst.