PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Clippers to offer Griffin and Bledsoe to Lakers for Dwight Howard

bagelred
06-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m

Among scenarios Clips considering, sources say, is offer of Blake Griffin & Bledsoe in sign-and-trade pitch Lakers for Dwight after July 1

I don't know if any better sources on this, but it be interesting.

LongLiveTheKing
06-15-2013, 06:17 PM
ESPN is reporting it.

But Blake on the Lakers :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rubio2Gasol
06-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Take it.....seriously.

Real Men Wear Green
06-15-2013, 06:20 PM
A good deal for LA, but I don't know if LA will benefit.

strike first
06-15-2013, 06:20 PM
I'd take that in a heartbeat

chazzy
06-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Is Clippersfan86 included in the trade?

Batz
06-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Oh god no.

dbk123
06-15-2013, 06:23 PM
That would be a great deal for the lakers. Bledsoe has a lot of potential and griffin is already producing and is improving. I think the clippers are getting a bad deal here

bmulls
06-15-2013, 06:24 PM
And so it begins

fozi
06-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Will have the same problem with Dwight and Pau in terms of posting ..

The difference this time is that Blake cannot shoot..

I do not want to see blake in Lakers uniform, its a detriment more than its a benefit for the team ..

Oh yeah, MDA is the coach, he wont want him too ..

LongLiveTheKing
06-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!
Well that trade ended quickly.

Batz
06-15-2013, 06:25 PM
:applause:

b0bab0i
06-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Post Link to Sauces!

Bandito
06-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Bledsoe is an up and coming PG with the potential to be the starter in LA.

Griffin is an up and coming PF who might benefit from having Gasol there.

Gasol might benefit as he might come back and play as a Center and just dominate again.

Plus the Lakers get rid of a v4gina in Dwight.

Dwight will not have the spotlight anymore and in the Clippers he will undoubtedly be the main scorer and be reunited with Paul.

Everybody wins.

oh the horror
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
IMO if you're the Lakers and you know Dwight is out you take that deal.

COnDEMnED
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Thank the lord jeebus.. Griffin on the Lakers I do not want!!

TheMarkMadsen
06-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Please do this Lakers, Bledsoe would be a close to perfect fit next to Kobe

LongLiveTheKing
Not happening guys

Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

bagelred
Well that Deescalated quickly.

DuMa
06-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I'd just offer DJ and keep Bledsoe. but Blake? you gotta be out of your mind. Thats it, Im not trusting any ESPN source for trade rumors this summer. in WOJ I Trust!

daily
Is Clippersfan86 included in the trade?No, reports are that Clippersfan86 is untouchable as he's taken a full time position as Clipper Darrels houseboy

strike first
SMH

Lakers are fukking idiots

Inferno
Lakers should accept

Dwight wont prosper playing under MDA and somewhere he doesn't want to.

Remix
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Will have the same problem with Dwight and Pau in terms of posting ..

The difference this time is that Blake cannot shoot..

I do not want to see blake in Lakers uniform, its a detriment more than its a benefit for the team ..

Oh yeah, MDA is the coach, he wont want him too ..
whaaat.. Blake actually has a decent jumper and has been improving it year by year..

Rubio2Gasol
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I'd just offer DJ and keep Bledsoe. but Blake? you gotta be out of your mind. Thats it, Im not trusting any ESPN source for trade rumors this summer. in WOJ I Trust!

For who? Jamison?

COnDEMnED
SMH

Lakers are fukking idiots
If a sign and trade is necessary..Id rather do it for a good player or a team that isn't sharing the same building.

Lakers have had floppers in the past, Griffin I do not want.

daily
"Among scenarios Clips considering" or "Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures"

Neither of these guys are saying anything you could hang your hat on

If I were to bet one way or the other I'll always pick Stein over Wojo, Stein doesn't talk about this stuff unless he's got a good bead on it and he's tight with Shelbourne the Lakers beat writer. Wojo throws out so much crap it gets lost in the noise

bagelred
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM

I read an article on this. Lakers would rather take the cash savings if Dwight doesn't resign. They'd rather have Dwight just leave UNLESS they can get a true young franchise player back.....which you would think Griffin but.......

In other words, they aren't going to take random talent back just for the heck of it. They aren't paying luxury tax to do that. It's got to be a true franchise player back.

DuMa
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Also the Clippers would be stupid to trade Bledsoe when CP3 hasnt signed. Bledsoe is the insurance in the small chance that CP3 leaves. it would be stupid business sense to go from 2 PGs to zero

COnDEMnED
06-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Ring! Ring!

Lakers: Hello?

Clippers: Hi! we'd like to trade you Blake Griffin for...

Lakers: "Click"

Clippers: H...Hello?

NASH = BEST
06-15-2013, 06:39 PM

I was thinking this too.

Also, could be that CP3 may be forcing Clips Management to get D12 or he walks.

So in the end, it may work out best for both teams to swap players instead of losing CP3 and D12 to Atlanta (etc..).

STATUTORY
06-15-2013, 06:39 PM
What a DUMB idea not to accept that trade

losing all faith in the BusCheck brain trust

:facepalm

daily
06-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Ring! Ring!

Lakers: Hello?

Clippers: Hi! we'd like to trade you Blake Griffin for...

Lakers: "Click"

Clippers: H...Hello?

Problem with the Clippers is nobody is really in charge and rival GM's don't know who to talk to, the phone calls may come and come from different people.

All the Celtics talk and now this could very well all be true but could easily be coming from different factions within the Clippers

El Kabong
06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I was thinking this too.

Also, could be that CP3 may be forcing Clips Management to get D12 or he walks.

So in the end, it may work out best for both teams to swap players instead of losing CP3 and D12 to Atlanta (etc..).
That was my first thought.

Sounds like a hell of a deal for the Lakers. I'd be all over it if I were them.

Scholar
06-15-2013, 06:44 PM
I like the idea. Griffin is an exciting player who might definitely benefit from playing alongside Gasol. Bledsoe could replace Nash for the starting spot.

daily
06-15-2013, 06:45 PM
What a DUMB idea not to accept that trade

losing all faith in the BusCheck brain trust

:facepalm moved that facepalm

It would require an OK from Howard, Lakers cannot talk to Howard until July 1st other than extension talk.
Secondly if this is floated and the Lakers were to seriously throw in the towel on Howard why wouldn't they also listen to other offers before making a deal.

StocktonFan
06-15-2013, 06:46 PM
HELL NO

Why would the lakers want a guy out of his prime and lacks defense over a ex-DPOY. Lakers do not need offense but rather defense. Sure the PG position needs help, but there are plenty other routes to go. If this was for Pau and Ron i'd do it in a heartbeat, but not for dwight.

When guys like Kobe and Nash are on their last step, the first thing that goes is their defensive stance. so it's important to have a good center who can rotate over and create blocks or defensive plays in general. If dwight leaves, that's the end of any title-runs for a while.

At this point, i don't even think blake is good enough to build around. He may be a viable second option as he has been for the clippers, but nothing more. Specially for the lakers who demand players stepping up when they acquire them. I feel if we do get blake, his performance isn't going to change because he is offensive minded.

Zodiac
06-15-2013, 06:47 PM
There's a very simple reason the Lakers aren't doing this. It would be a PR nightmare in LA.

COnDEMnED
06-15-2013, 06:49 PM
HELL NO

Why would the lakers want a guy out of his prime and lacks defense over a ex-DPOY. Lakers do not need offense but rather defense. Sure the PG position needs help, but there are plenty other routes to go. If this was for Pau and Ron i'd do it in a heartbeat, but not for dwight.

When guys like Kobe and Nash are on their last step, the first thing that goes is their defensive stance. so it's important to have a good center who can rotate over and create blocks or defensive plays in general. If dwight leaves, that's the end of any title-runs for a while.
Dwight and Griffin on the Lakers? Can you imagine the free throw nightmares? Why not throw Josh Smith in there too.. we could make a NBA record for most free throws missed a game, then constantly break our own records.

bagelred
06-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Lakers.....the future is bright.....VERY bright.......

http://i.imgur.com/x82VWlO.jpg

IGOTGAME
06-15-2013, 06:52 PM
You have to take it. Howard isn't coming back.

DuMa
06-15-2013, 06:53 PM
And people are forgetting an important thing here. Dwight has to commit to the sign and trade. What makes you think he wants to play for the Clippers as well?

StocktonFan
06-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Dwight and Griffin on the Lakers? Can you imagine the free throw nightmares? Why not throw Josh Smith in there too.. we could make a NBA record for most free throws missed a game, then constantly break our own records.

dwight would be traded for a better package.

tpols
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM
HELL NO

At this point, i don't even think blake is good enough to build around. He may be a viable second option as he has been for the clippers, but nothing more. Specially for the lakers who demand players stepping up when they acquire them. I feel if we do get blake, his performance isn't going to change because he is offensive minded.
Wait.. Blake is out the one exiting his prime? Lol what.. Dwight is the one falling off, griffin is the young one about to enter his prime. You have it completely backwards.

And Lakers biggest issue defensively is on the perimeter.. Not down low. Bledsoe is one of the best young perimeter defenders in the NBA. Unless LA just wants to start from scratch they should definitely do this

Tmuston Beltics
06-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Lakers.....the future is bright.....VERY bright.......

http://i.imgur.com/x82VWlO.jpg

:pimp:

daily
06-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 2m
I'm told assumption that Lakers and Clippers never doing business together is "overblown."

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m
HOWEVER, and it's a big HOWEVER, Lakers first priority remains re-signing Dwight Howard

@BA_Turner: Clippers moving forward without Doc Rivers, now prepared to offer job to Brian Shaw or Lionel Hollins next week, sources say

StocktonFan
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Wait.. Blake is out the one exiting his prime? Lol what.. Dwight is the one falling off, griffin is the young one about to enter his prime. You have it completely backwards.

And Lakers biggest issue defensively is on the perimeter.. Not down low. Bledsoe is one of the best young perimeter defenders in the NBA. Unless LA just wants to start from scratch they should definitely do this

Yes it is in the perimeter because our guards get blown by every time by decent pointguards. One way to stop that is by secondary defense: centers who rotate over.

As for the first remark, it was a joking remark at Blake, who hasn't averaged his first-year stats but has been more efficient.

STATUTORY
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
:facepalm moved that facepalm

It would require an OK from Howard, Lakers cannot talk to Howard until July 1st other than extension talk.
Secondly if this is floated and the Lakers were to seriously throw in the towel on Howard why wouldn't they also listen to other offers before making a deal.

Bledsoe and Griffin together is better than Dwight, easily

it's not about how likely howard is to leave. a smart GM takes bledsoe and griffin over howard in a straight pickem

NASH = BEST
06-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Problem with the Clippers is nobody is really in charge and rival GM's don't know who to talk to, the phone calls may come and come from different people.

All the Celtics talk and now this could very well all be true but could easily be coming from different factions within the Clippers

Word is that Sterling and Buss are boys so I doubt there'd be any communication issues between these franchises.

That was my first thought.

Sounds like a hell of a deal for the Lakers. I'd be all over it if I were them.

I just don't see how they refuse it if they know Howard is likely to leave.

Griffin already has a large fan base in LA, it wouldn't be hard to turn him into the face of the franchise after Kobe leaves.

Kobe would love Griffin for his work ethic too, and would likely treat him differently than how he treated Howard. I can see both these dudes working hard together and building a strong bond.

Rekindled
06-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Word is that Sterling and Buss are boys so I doubt there'd be any communication issues between these franchises.

I just don't see how they refuse it if they know Howard is likely to leave.

Griffin already has a large fan base in LA, it wouldn't be hard to turn him into the face of the franchise after Kobe leaves.

Kobe would love Griffin for his work ethic too, and would likely treat him differently than how he treated Howard. I can see both these dudes working hard together and building a strong bond.

they obviously wouldnt admit that now otherwise it would imply they know dwight is leaving.

ispin69
06-15-2013, 07:09 PM
They should consider it. Good for both teams.

Kobe and Nash will retire in 1-2 years, this is for the future. Lakers get younger. Blake is young, Bledsoe is young and only getting better.

Dwight is leaving anyways esp after all their fans wanted to wrongfully blame him for this season. D12 and CP3 play together, they could still do some trade with the Celtics. Send DeAndre, Butler, Crawford and Willie Green for Pierce and KG.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mesb8mn

CP3
Billups
Pierce
KG
D12

:applause:

daily
06-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Personally Lakers are still better off letting Howard walk and not taking on contracts. Lakers have worked at positioning themselves for an overhaul in 2014 and taking on Griffins oversized contract would screw that up

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Bledsoe and Griffin together is better than Dwight, easily

it's not about how likely howard is to leave. a smart GM takes bledsoe and griffin over howard in a straight pickem

Blake plays ZERO DEFENSE and is way overrated on offense

BallsOut
06-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Dwight Howard + World Peace + Steve Blake + Jodie Meeks for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler and Jamal Crawford

Lakers
PG: Nash | Bledsoe
SG: Bryant | Crawford
SF: Butler | Ebanks
PF: Griffin | Jamison
C: Gasol | Hill

:bowdown:

Heavincent
06-15-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't understand why the Clippers would do that. They get robbed in that deal.

HEAT111
06-15-2013, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing this happening. I want to see Blake become the man on the team. He still hasn't shown yet if he's a legitimate super star hall of famer type of player. It was great to have Blake next to Paul although would have wished Blake had much more experience and raising up his potential.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Personally Lakers are still better off letting Howard walk and not taking on contracts. Lakers have worked at positioning themselves for an overhaul in 2014 and taking on Griffins oversized contract would screw that up

Exactly... They save 50mil in taxes and avoid the repeaters tax going forward

So thats 50 for howard + 30 for MWP

I am ok saving 80mil... Plus trade blake for cap space and get 17mil

So 97mil is good in savings...

With kobe coming from injury they r not winning sh!t anyways

daily
06-15-2013, 07:23 PM

The problem is in the new CBA Griffins 17.6 million dollar contract would eat up too much for a guy who's not a franchise level player.
griffin is good, he's exciting he's many things but he's not a cornerstone of your franchise level player. Lakers will have no trade assets and crappy draft picks the only thing they have for 2014 is massive cap space and to give it up roughly 30% of it on Blake Griffin would be a huge mistake

Fiasco
06-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Hell no thanks.

knickscity
06-15-2013, 07:26 PM
i dont see the Lakers dealing with the Clippers, even if Howard was walking.

It's not like he could walk to the Clippers.

Ca$H
06-15-2013, 07:26 PM

How about dump him to cleveland for the #1 pick plus a TPE?

Lakers- Bledsoe, TPE, Nerlens Noel(cost effective contracts)
Cavs- Griffin
Clippers- D12

LLK21
06-15-2013, 07:27 PM
PG: Bledsoe
SG: Kobe
SF: Metta
PF: Griffin
C: Gasol
Sixth Man: Nash

I would say yes if I was the Lakers.

iDunk
06-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Clipper fans overrating Griffin as always.

I do it in a heartbeat.

daily
06-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 6m
According to a team source, LAL has not even broached* the possibility of trading Dwight to LAC w/ in-house discussions as of yet

imnew09
06-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Yea trade Howard to the Lac so he can team up with cp3 to take over La. Fk no

Derka
06-15-2013, 07:39 PM
The Lakers are not going to do this unless Chris Paul is in the offer.

They're not going to trade to Clippers to give Chris Paul exactly what he wants and make their cross-town rivals better.

It's just not going to happen.

qrich
06-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Clippers aren't trading blake for Dwight

alenleomessi
06-15-2013, 07:54 PM
i will break my lower ribs and bite my d*ck if this happens

ispin69
06-15-2013, 07:54 PM
This makes so much sense.

Next year for the Lakers is already a crapshoot. Kobe half hurt and every OLD has fvck. Kobe's hideous 30 mil comes off and he will ask to come back for 10 mil/year - 2 years. Only one left on contract is Nash for 9 mil. Pau Gasol either you will trade him this year since he is expiring or bring him back for much less (7-8mil/year). That's two huge hideous contracts gone (30 mil and 20 mil)

Nash 9.7 mil
Kobe 10 mil
Pau 7 mil if he isn't traded this season or let him walk
Blake Griffin 17 mil
Bledsoe 3 mil

Who's out there in 2014?
Kobe (you already know he wants to be a laker for life)
Duncan (not going anywhere)
Paul George - Lakers should go hard after him but so will every other team, they will have cap space still to go after him.

Having nothing but cap space is stupid. Players want to play with other players, not be stuck somewhere and play alone.

Goldrush25
06-15-2013, 07:57 PM
I think everyone but the Lakers organization has figured out that Howard isn't coming back.

Jim Buss is too arrogant to pull this trade off. They think that they can convince Howard on the Laker brand. He doesn't want any part of it, he never did. So they'll risk losing him for nothing this summer which they will if this falls through.

They're ready to lose $5 dollars rather than give the Clippers $1.

The Real JW
06-15-2013, 07:59 PM
5 years later, Griffin isn't soft and floppy anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/3wKMhCc.jpg

StocktonFan
The lakers would ultimately be making a team in the same division BETTER... this makes 0 sense if the goal is to win a ring.

bagelred
I read if they can't do deal with Lakers, Clips will offer same package of Griffin/Bledsoe for Amar'e Stoudemire.

If I'm a Knicks fan, which I'm not, I would consider that........possibly.

Goldrush25
06-15-2013, 08:06 PM
The lakers would ultimately be making a team in the same division BETTER... this makes 0 sense if the goal is to win a ring.

If you think short term, yes.

The alternative is, if they don't move Howard, they become a significantly worse team than if they actually get something back for him. He isn't coming back to LA. Most people outside of LA can see this.

Regardless of what happens this summer, the Clippers are a better team than the Lakers. They should come to a realization that now is the time to rebuild. It shouldn't matter what next year's results yield.

If you think long term, they're making their own team better. They have no opportunity to bring in any free agents because of Kobe's albatross contract, so I don't see what alternatives they have for improving their roster.

Sarcastic
06-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I read if they can't do deal with Lakers, Clips will offer same package of Griffin/Bledsoe for Amar'e Stoudemire.

If I'm a Knicks fan, which I'm not, I would consider that........possibly.

Thank god.

SyRyanYang
06-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Do it Mitch.

daily
06-15-2013, 08:15 PM
If you think short term, yes.

The alternative is, if they don't move Howard, they become a significantly worse team than if they actually get something back for him. He isn't coming back to LA. Most people outside of LA can see this.

Regardless of what happens this summer, the Clippers are a better team than the Lakers. They should come to a realization that now is the time to rebuild. It shouldn't matter what next year's results yield.

If you think long term, they're making their own team better. They have no opportunity to bring in any free agents because of Kobe's albatross contract, so I don't see what alternatives they have for improving their roster.

You're overrating Blake Griffin.

Lakers have positioned themselves to have roughly 50 million in cap space in 2014. He's (Griffin) not worth tying up 18 million of that cap space and blowing up a plan that's been in place for a couple years now. Every new contract every trade has been made with 2014 in mind.

Howard was always a gamble that was win win in the end. If he stays great he's the kind of player worth building around, if he goes that's fine too, you got rid of Bynum which was huge and had a one year rental on your gamble.

Kobe's injury only reinforces the need to think past next season.

ispin69
06-15-2013, 08:17 PM
The people that keep saying they are positioning themselves with cap space for 2014.
Tell us who they are going after.

knickscity
06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
You're overrating Blake Griffin.

Lakers have positioned themselves to have roughly 50 million in cap space in 2014. He's (Griffin) not worth tying up 18 million of that cap space and blowing up a plan that's been in place for a couple years now. Every new contract every trade has been made with 2014 in mind.

Howard was always a gamble that was win win in the end. If he stays great he's the kind of player worth building around, if he goes that's fine too, you got rid of Bynum which was huge and had a one year rental on your gamble.

Kobe's injury only reinforces the need to think past next season.
I really hadn't noticed that everyone except Nash and roster holds are off the books.

Might make sense to just throw away next season, and gun for Wiggins if they have their 1st rounder.

loganwadams
06-15-2013, 08:20 PM
This won't happen.

COnDEMnED
06-15-2013, 08:38 PM
I think everyone but the Lakers organization has figured out that Howard isn't coming back.

Jim Buss is too arrogant to pull this trade off. They think that they can convince Howard on the Laker brand. He doesn't want any part of it, he never did. So they'll risk losing him for nothing this summer which they will if this falls through.

They're ready to lose $5 dollars rather than give the Clippers $1.
Id rather we lose him for nothing than give him to Donald Sterling.

Droid101
06-15-2013, 08:38 PM
The people that keep saying they are positioning themselves with cap space for 2014.
Tell us who they are going after.
LerBron, Kevin Love, any other big free agents who use their player option to opt out knowing the Lakers will get two or three new big stars?

It's not rocket surgery.

Darius
06-15-2013, 08:43 PM
lawl will never happen.

Griffin alone is worth more that post-back surgery Dwight. Griffin + Bledsoe? GTFO.

If Dwight didn't have back surgery different story... but he is no longer an elite player.

daily
06-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I really hadn't noticed that everyone except Nash and roster holds are off the books.

Might make sense to just throw away next season, and gun for Wiggins if they have their 1st rounder.

Yeah 14 open roster spots. Nash may retire at the end of next season, he's had enough issues injury wise that that's not far fetched. Depending on his injury bring back Kobe with the over 36 rules in mind then have at it. Clean sheet of paper rebuild.

pegasus
06-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Can the LAL even do a S&T while being over the cap?

The-Legend-24
06-15-2013, 09:22 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat. Pretty obvious that Blake > Dwight, throw in Bledsoe, Lakers would be stupid not to accept. Dwight ain't staying might as well do it.

SpecialQue
06-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Two things:

One, the Lakers would NEVER do a trade that would clearly make the other team a favorite to get to the finals in their conference. They're not going to intentionally become a worse team, they'll either try to keep Dwight or lose him. They're not helping you get better.

Two, pretty much every Laker trade has come out of nowhere, so they're the only NBA trade rumors that I never give any credit to.

daily
06-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Can the LAL even do a S&T while being over the cap?They can if the player is leaving the team, little more complicated than that but that's the gist of it.

ConanRulesNBC
06-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Damn... Lakers would be good with this deal...

Lakers:

C: Pau Gasol (or if they trade Gasol then start Jordan Hill)
PF: Blake Griffin
SF: Ebanks
SG: Bledsoe (until Kobe comes back)
PG: Steve Nash

When Kobe gets back:

C: Gasol/Hill
SF: Ebanks

6th man: Nash

Clippers trade DeAndre Jordan & Butler for Pierce & KG.

Clippers:

C: Dwight Howard
PF: Garnett
SF: Pierce
SG: Crawford
PG: CP3

SpecialQue
06-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Clippers trade DeAndre Jordan & Butler for Pierce & KG.

Clippers:

C: Dwight Howard
PF: Garnett
SF: Pierce
SG: Crawford
PG: CP3

:biggums:

D-Rose
06-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Would not be a bad deal for the Lakers IMO, but Blake isn't polished enough yet.

Heavincent
06-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Taking away Griffin and Bledsoe and replacing them with Dwight doesn't take them from first round fodder to championship favorites. No way.

DStebb716
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Dwight should give the Lakers two options: take the Clippers trade or lose me for nothing to Houston.

Except I don't really believe that the Clippers would offer them Blake.

ConanRulesNBC
06-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Taking away Griffin and Bledsoe and replacing them with Dwight doesn't take them from first round fodder to championship favorites. No way.

Even if they then find a way to still add KG and Pierce?

Heavincent
06-15-2013, 10:05 PM

I don't think they could afford that.

COnDEMnED
06-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Are you obsessing over this? Obsessing over KG and Pierce? It doesn't sound like its going to happen, especially if the trade pieces are already gone for Dwight. Which wont happen either.

Zedja
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Dwight should give the Lakers two options: take the Clippers trade or lose me for nothing to Houston.

Lakers would let him walk.

Meticode
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
it doesn't matter what the Lakers do. If they sign Howard, they're f*cked. If they trade him for Griffin+Bledsoe, they're still f*cked. If Howard walks, they're f*cked.

Either way, they're not winning anything in any of those three scenario to me because none of those players scream championship contender.

SpecialQue
06-15-2013, 10:19 PM

As others have stated, the Lakers would let Dwight walk and save the money.

NBASTATMAN
06-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I don't know if any better sources on this, but it be interesting.

THE CLIPS WOULD BE stupid giving up a young star for a older star with less of a work ethic.. The Lakers always get great deals.. CUPCAKE IS DA MAN IF GETS THAT

G-Funk
06-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Get Love in the trade and send Griffins ass to the T-wolves.

wakencdukest
06-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Wow, lots of mixed feelings about Griffins value. Personally, I think this rumor has no legs.

bdreason
06-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Good move for both teams. Lakers need to start re-building, and Griffin and Bledsoe can help with that.

Next step is to amnesty Kobe, then trade Gasol for some young talent or picks.

Sucks or Nash though. He thought he was signing on to win a title... and now he's in the middle of a rebuild instead.

talkingconch
06-16-2013, 12:25 AM
clippers can **** off, not giving u dwight and cp3 in the same divison ****s. cp3 to the lakers or nothing

PickernRoller
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
throw in Jamal Crawford for Duhon + some other stuff I gotta think and then maybe...maybe.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Good move for both teams. Lakers need to start re-building, and Griffin and Bledsoe can help with that.

Sucks or Nash though. He thought he was signing on to win a title... and now he's in the middle of a rebuild instead.

Rebuilding is not the word for team like lakers...

They can let go howard and buyout or use stretch provision on nash next summer and they will have ZERO payroll

Thats the summer when lebron, melo, wade, bosh, zbo and the entire nba is free agent...

I would take that over taking back blake/bledsoe... Both guys i dont care for

loganwadams
06-16-2013, 01:23 AM

Taking away Griffin would hurt us bad, no doubt. No idea what you're talking about how both teams would benefit from this.

KG215
06-16-2013, 01:33 AM
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/346029979479453696

I'm confused about how this thread got to 9 pages? Did everyone just ignore that Tweet that was posted on the 1st page?

Sarcastic
06-16-2013, 01:44 AM
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/346029979479453696

I'm confused about how this thread got to 9 pages? Did everyone just ignore that Tweet that was posted on the 1st page?

LA fans can't wrap their minds around the fact that both Dwight and Paul will be walking away from both teams.

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2013, 01:46 AM
it doesn't matter what the Lakers do. If they sign Howard, they're f*cked. If they trade him for Griffin+Bledsoe, they're still f*cked. If Howard walks, they're f*cked.

Either way, they're not winning anything in any of those three scenario to me because none of those players scream championship contender.

At least Griffin is young enough and is not in his prime. There is still room and time to improve. Will he get better? Who knows, but he has the potential. He is a all-star and is one of the most physically dynamic players in the game. Bledsoe is also very young and has room to grow.

This is not a terrible situation for the Lakers to be in. They would have two young players who have talent and potential. This is actually one of the best scenarios for the Lakers. Not sure why the Lakers would nix a deal like that, i'm guessing it has more to do with giving their rival Clippers a title contender.

At least you get some talented pieces who may someday fit with other players on a title contender. You are right, they are not contenders now with just them. They would need to make more moves for that to happen.

pejavelin
06-16-2013, 02:46 AM
If I was in their position I will immediately involve the Wolves on this and get kevin Love. They are comparable right now but Love is much desirable to build around than Blake.

Howard is gonna leave for nothing, why not get something in return so that kobe can try to get that 6th ring. :rockon:

Clutch
06-16-2013, 02:51 AM
Post Link to Sauces!
http://i.imgur.com/IK0pB.png

longtime lurker
06-16-2013, 02:54 AM
Both are overrated but realistically I don't think you'll land a free agent as good as Griffin and Bledsoe just puts the whole deal over top considering he fills a position of need and fills the athleticism, defense and youth movement the Lakers need.

Heavincent
06-16-2013, 02:58 AM
I don't really see why Howard is such a sought after free agent. He was the 2nd best player on a 45 win team, so why are people acting like he's the missing piece that will put a team over the top or something? I wouldn't even call him a superstar. Not to mention he's a locker room cancer and coach killer.

tomtucker
06-16-2013, 03:08 AM
lakers need to dump gasol and d

Doranku
06-16-2013, 03:15 AM
Griffin is basically Dwight Howard without the defense and with a little more heart.

Love Bledsoe, but I'd hate to see flop master Griff end up a Laker.

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 04:48 AM
If I was in their position I will immediately involve the Wolves on this and get kevin Love. They are comparable right now but Love is much desirable to build around than Blake.

Howard is gonna leave for nothing, why not get something in return so that kobe can try to get that 6th ring. :rockon:
This right here, everyone knows Love is walking too.

All Net
06-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Seems la won't because it's the Clippers..

yeboah159
06-16-2013, 05:30 AM
How are the clippers not getting robbed in this deal?

Blake is equal to Dwights current impact.
5 years from now....He`ll be better than Dwight.

And the lakers get a decent point guard on top? :coleman:

People acting like the Lakers would be doing the Clippers a favor.

David Stern better pull out 'basketball reasons' if this actually comes to fruition.

Nick Young
06-16-2013, 05:41 AM
Blake is a scrub, shit!:facepalm

Element
06-16-2013, 05:58 AM
If LAL takes this then Jimmy Buss deserves to get eyes poked out.

Post-ASB Dwight looked much healthier, focused and willing to sacrifice to win. If he walks we're f.ucked anyway so why let him walk? Just assume he's going to stay and get some much needed SF upgrades, we need someone who can hit the three and cover a lot of ground on defense quickly...

poido123
06-16-2013, 06:07 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]lakers need to dump gasol and d

Sammyp
06-16-2013, 08:28 AM
I don't understand this trade for either team. Blake is a young franchise player who is the perfect fit for CP3. Lakers don't need a PF and Blake is a terrible match for their system. Would be great to have Dwight and Blake on the same team but this trade sets both teams back (Clipper's may win more). Bledsoe good pickup for lakers...

STATUTORY
06-16-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't understand this trade for either team. Blake is a young franchise player who is the perfect fit for CP3. Lakers don't need a PF and Blake is a terrible match for their system. Would be great to have Dwight and Blake on the same team but this trade sets both teams back (Clipper's may win more). Bledsoe good pickup for lakers...

because gasol is still a viable forward right? :rolleyes:

I don't really see why Howard is such a sought after free agent. He was the 2nd best player on a 45 win team, so why are people acting like he's the missing piece that will put a team over the top or something? I wouldn't even call him a superstar. Not to mention he's a locker room cancer and coach killer.
just hype and risk averse simpleton GM's. they abide by the league orthodoxy view when it comes to players with no differentiated insight. "oh DWight?! DPOY, Best center in the league, MAx contract d'oh!"

Nick Young
06-16-2013, 09:12 AM
because gasol is still a viable forward right? :rolleyes:

just hype and risk averse simpleton GM's. they abide by the league orthodoxy view when it comes to players with no differentiated insight. "oh DWight?! DPOY, Best center in the league, MAx contract d'oh!"
The smart GMs who want to win would stay away from this guy, the dumb ones will offer him max contracts because he's "OMGZORZ BEST CENTER IN TEH LEAGUEZ" and his corniness will bring retarded children to the arena.

BoutPractice
06-16-2013, 09:20 AM
You may laugh at how Dwight played last season, but practically any trade that involves him has a clear winner and a clear loser.

tomtucker
06-16-2013, 10:51 AM
This is why you're a retarded Heat fan.

[B]that

Magic 32
06-16-2013, 12:44 PM
SF: Artest

:rockon:

loganwadams
06-16-2013, 12:58 PM
I think it's hilarious of all the Lakers fans that say this is a bad deal. Griffin has embarrassed y'all as of lately.

oh the horror
06-16-2013, 01:23 PM
I think it's hilarious of all the Lakers fans that say this is a bad deal. Griffin has embarrassed y'all as of lately.

People could say the same for you guys.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2013, 01:29 PM
SF: Artest

:rockon:

Bledsoe
SF: Brewer/Dwright/Wesley Johnson/ Clark/ M Barnes
PF: K Love

much much better spacing....Amnesty MWP and save 30mil...he is not worth it....

COnDEMnED
06-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Both are overrated but realistically I don't think you'll land a free agent as good as Griffin and Bledsoe just puts the whole deal over top considering he fills a position of need and fills the athleticism, defense and youth movement the Lakers need.
With everything you know about the Lakers, with everything you have heard in the past, with all of the history this team has...you have the gall to say the Lakers aren't capable of landing a free agent as good as Griffin and Bledsoe? Lakers think big fish not small to medium fish. Cap space, Cap space, Cap space!!! You don't **** up years of planning for a small fish.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2013, 02:15 PM
With everything you know about the Lakers, with everything you have heard in the past, with all of the history this team has...you have the gall to say the Lakers aren't capable of landing a free agent as good as Griffin and Bledsoe? Lakers think big fish not small to medium fish. Cap space, Cap space, Cap space!!! You don't **** up years of planning for a small fish.
according to some, lakers would still have money to sign a lebron/melo type player in 2014, even after acquiring BG and Bledsoe. i say you to take this deal if you're the lakers. you can flip BG, no problem regardless.

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Why dont the Lakers need a pf? Gasol? Gasol is in the final year of his deal and he plays C better anyways. And how is Griff a terrible player for Dantoni system? He actually fits it extremely well with his ability to run the court and get on the break.

Rekindled
06-16-2013, 02:29 PM
fck Griffin,Clark will be better than him next year. Trade Dwight for him then flip him to cavs for no.1+no.19.

pick up Len at no.1 to learn behind Gasol, pick Karasev at 19.

Nash/Bledsoe/Blake
Kobe/Bledsoe
Karasev/Wright
Clark/Hill
Gasol/Len

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2013, 02:33 PM
/
fck Griffin,Clark will be better than him next year. Trade Dwight for him then flip him to cavs for no.1+no.19.

Nash/Bledsoe/Blake
Kobe/Bledsoe
Karasev/Wright
Clark/Hill
Gasol/Len
how long would the lakers have to wait before they could trade blake griffin after acquiring him?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2013, 02:35 PM
/
how long would the lakers have to wait before they could trade blake griffin after acquiring him?

they can make it a 3 way with Twolves to begin with if they want Griffin for Klove....

remember Twolves do this cause he is signed for 5yrs while love is unhappy in Minny

i 4 once would prefer Klove over Blake griffin

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
they can make it a 3 way with Twolves to begin with if they want Griffin for Klove....

remember Twolves do this cause he is signed for 5yrs while love is unhappy in Minny

i 4 once would prefer Klove over Blake griffin
lakers can get more than kevin love for griffin. i'd rather have a package focusing on a top 3 pick than kevin love.

somebody posted this on LG and i couldnt agree more.

Love is so overrated on this forum its not funny.

He is undersized at the PF position, standing around 6'7 in socks.

He cannot stay on the court due to suffering various injuries all the time

He is a horrible defender down low, being undersized and lacking good athletic ability.

For someone who is supposed to play in the post, and get good close range shots he shoots a horrible percentage from the floor. This season he shot 35% from the floor and last season he shot 44%. That is bad for a guard much less a post player.

Those wishing and calling for Love a making a huge mistake. I do not want him here. Griffen is better and has much more potential then Love ever will

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 03:17 PM
lakers can get more than kevin love for griffin. i'd rather have a package focusing on a top 3 pick than kevin love.

In terms of overall performance, Kevin Love has been the more prolific scorer, averaging 25ppg this season and 20ppg in 2010-11 (vs. Griffin’s 21ppg each season). While Love’s FG% is lower than Blake Griffin’s (a full 8 percentage points this year), his TS% – the more accurate way of measuring efficiency – has been meaningfully higher each of the last few season. This has been primarily fueled by higher 3 point shooting as well as outstanding free throw shooting, Griffin’s Achilles heel. Love, although he has averaged less assists than Griffin, is probably the better all-around passer as well.

In terms of impact on the game, Love gets an edge here as well, with a higher career Offensive Rating (per BasketballReference.com) than Griffin’s.

Sarcastic
06-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Why stop at Kevin Love? Why not just flip him for Durant and Westbrook?

COnDEMnED
06-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Why dont the Lakers need a pf? Gasol? Gasol is in the final year of his deal and he plays C better anyways. And how is Griff a terrible player for Dantoni system? He actually fits it extremely well with his ability to run the court and get on the break.
But we don't WANT D'Antoni here any longer than he has to be, till whenever he gets fired. You start bringing in players to fit his system that's garbage then when you fire him you have to get rid of those system players too.

Fiasco
06-16-2013, 04:13 PM

Nash/Bledsoe/Blake
Kobe/Bledsoe
Karasev/Wright
Clark/Hill
Gasol/Len

This is what Lakers fans really think, folks.

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Why stop at Kevin Love? Why not just flip him for Durant and Westbrook?
Will probably get one of the two later

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 04:15 PM
This is what Lakers fans really think, folks.
Stfu

Sarcastic
06-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Will probably get one of the two later

Before or after Wiggins and Jabari Parker?

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Before or after Wiggins and Jabari Parker?
Before

KobesFinger
06-16-2013, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=G-Funk]In terms of overall performance, Kevin Love has been the more prolific scorer, averaging 25ppg this season and 20ppg in 2010-11 (vs. Griffin

Sarcastic
06-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Before

Seventh Woods is gonna have a sweet team to join.

longtime lurker
06-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Kevin Love is ridiculously overrated. I don't think Griffin is that much better but the wild card here is Bledsoe. He has all the tools to be a top 10 point guard in the league. I'm not a huge fan of Blake or Dwight but you'd have to think Blake, Bledsoe and 30 million in cap space is pretty good heading into 2014

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Seventh Woods is gonna have a sweet team to join.
Yup

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2013, 04:34 PM
[/B]

He puts up a lot of empty stats. His best record is 24-58 when he was a rookie. In two seasons where he started every game he played he won 41 out of a possible 128 games, including leading the Wolves to a 17-65 record (he played 73 games) when he averaged 20/15 back in 2010-11. Blake Griffin won 32 games with the 2010-11 Clippers. Personally I'd rather have LaMarcus Aldridge over both anyway.

Love's stats r like paus before he came to lakers ... Much better actually...

Imagine what would happen to him if he played with pau/kobe and nash...

Think of the spacing.... Bynum became an all star playing with kobe/pau... Love might become that plus some

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 04:38 PM
[/B]

He puts up a lot of empty stats. His best record is 24-58 when he was a rookie. In two seasons where he started every game he played he won 41 out of a possible 128 games, including leading the Wolves to a 17-65 record (he played 73 games) when he averaged 20/15 back in 2010-11. Blake Griffin won 32 games with the 2010-11 Clippers. Personally I'd rather have LaMarcus Aldridge over both anyway.
So u think those offensive rebounds and wide open jumpers won't help out the Lakers in the playoffs? He's a better option to have around Kobe Nash and Gasol. It allows Kobe and Gasol to be a 1-2 punch and makes it easier for Nash to kick the ball out.

G-Funk
06-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Kevin Love is ridiculously overrated. I don't think Griffin is that much better but the wild card here is Bledsoe. He has all the tools to be a top 10 point guard in the league. I'm not a huge fan of Blake or Dwight but you'd have to think Blake, Bledsoe and 30 million in cap space is pretty good heading into 2014
Lakers can still get Bledsoe in that three way trade.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2013, 04:44 PM

what does Griffin do better than Love....Dunk??? thats about it

Offense = Love
Defense = both dont play it
Rebound = love
3pt = love
provides spacing = love

injuries = griffin's are knee related...while Love's are freak accidents....

i said get love/Dwilliams for griffin

KobesFinger
06-16-2013, 05:44 PM
So u think those offensive rebounds and wide open jumpers won't help out the Lakers in the playoffs? He's a better option to have around Kobe Nash and Gasol. It allows Kobe and Gasol to be a 1-2 punch and makes it easier for Nash to kick the ball out.

Sure, his offensive rebounding would help but he's too reliant on his jumper and it isn't money like Dirk, Bosh, LMA etc. He's undersized, has short arms and doesn't help defensively.

outbreak
06-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Didn't see this actually happening. Orlando talked and was rumoured to have asked for girffin for howard and they said no when Dwight was beasting before he hurt his back. Why would they do it now as a sign and trade when they could off load griffin to an under the cap team for rookies and sign dwight with the space in free agency anyway? Yeha Dwight loses money but he's shown he doesn't care about that already

wagexslave
06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Lakers stay awful and the Clippers get significantly worse.

Please do it for the lulz.... F*** L.A. sports

Fiasco
06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Didn't see this actually happening. Orlando talked and was rumoured to have asked for girffin for howard and they said no when Dwight was beasting before he hurt his back. Why would they do it now as a sign and trade when they could off load griffin to an under the cap team for rookies and sign dwight with the space in free agency anyway? Yeha Dwight loses money but he's shown he doesn't care about that already

It's been speculated for months now that Howard and Paul want to play together. Coupled with the rumored animosity between Blake and Paul, it isn't hard to see why people would speculate this.

COnDEMnED
06-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Possibly because Chris Paul demands it, and there is no guarantee Dwight signs there if he becomes a free agent. CP3 can leave if he's not getting what he wants.