PDA

View Full Version : Why Is LeBron So Bad In The Finals?

selrahc
06-17-2013, 11:28 AM
LeBron always plays like garbage in the finals... Why is that? Can anyone tell me why this is and why people consider him one of the GOAT if he cannot finish?

ReturnofJPR
06-17-2013, 11:32 AM
He is mentally weak and an overall dumb player.

Once his body begins to break down, he will be irrelevant unlike true greats who actually know the game like Tim Duncan, Shaq, or Kobe...

funnystuff
06-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Lebron could be playing better, but i think Pop is doing a great job on him.

Im just glad he isn't playing as bad as Kobe would in the finals.

TheMan
06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Easy. LeBron has no go to move. Teams have more time to focus and make a strategy to deny Bron his easy points. Even though LBJ's jumper has improved, he is still not an elite midrange player and his post game is really limited. That's why teams will pack the paint and give him his j, he just doesn't knock em down at a decent enough clip to open up driving lanes. If there ever was a "most overrated superstar player in NBA history", it's LeBron. Not hating, look at his FG% when you take away his restricted area shots and his regular season stats compared to his Finals stats. Superstars are suppossed to be better in the big stage, James is the opposite.

The Heat might still win this series but don't expect James to be the catalyst, it will be his teammates carrying his ass in game 6 and 7.

jzek
06-17-2013, 11:47 AM
kobe has won 5 of them though... :confusedshrug:

3 doesn't count as Shaq carried Kobe and could have done it with LeBron, TMac, etc.

Yao Ming's Foot
06-17-2013, 11:47 AM
- Focus on individual stats
- Only take the easiest shots
- Advanced stats love me
- Face tougher defenses and better coached teams in the Finals
-Schemes and players take away the easy shots
-Left with makeable jump shots for an average wing player
-LeBron doesn't like taking those, is unconfident and passes to other wings with either no jumpshots or no driving threat
-Gets the ball back later in the shot clock and still doesn't want to take the open jump shots so just crashed towards the rim

Ballin416
06-17-2013, 11:50 AM
It is a shame that today's best and biggest star seems to lose all confidence when it matters most. LeBron dominates in every facet of the game at all points of the season right up to the finals and if they lose this one, thats 2 huge chokejobs that I don't think he can mentally recover from.

When he gets close to the finish line and all the pressure is on, he is visibly uncomfortable and off his game and it seems the only reason he performed at such a high level last year was because he was playing against his summer work out buddy in Durant.

I hope he pulls off a Boston gm 6 otherwise, the hate is gonna be so strong and legitimate that not even the stans can defend him.

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Easy. LeBron has no go to move. Teams have more time to focus and make a strategy to deny Bron his easy points. Even though LBJ's jumper has improved, he is still not an elite midrange player and his post game is really limited. That's why teams will pack the paint and give him his j, he just doesn't knock em down at a decent enough clip to open up driving lanes. If there ever was a "most overrated superstar player in NBA history", it's LeBron. Not hating, look at his FG% when you take away his restricted area shots. It's atrocious. The Heat might still win this series but don't expect James to be the catalyst, it will be his teammates carrying his ass in game 6 and 7.

The dude is scared.. He has had plenty of easy shots where he has missed them.. THAT IS ALL.. It has nothing to do with his game.. Lebron does look tired but I believe its because he is scared.. That is just the truth... :rockon:

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2013, 11:51 AM
the difference is, Kobe found other ways to win in the finals, while lebron still trying to stat pad. :oldlol:

I AGREE... Kobe also never been passive like Lebron..

ReturnofJPR
06-17-2013, 11:54 AM
the difference is, Kobe found other ways to win in the finals, while lebron still trying to stat pad. :oldlol:

Exactly.

Kobe's knowledge of the game is light years ahead of LeBron's. It would be like if Kobe was a High School Senior, LeBron would be a 4th grader.

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2013, 11:54 AM
It is a shame that today's best and biggest star seems to lose all confidence when it matters most. LeBron dominates in every facet of the game at all points of the season right up to the finals and if they lose this one, thats 2 huge chokejobs that I don't think he can mentally recover from.

When he gets close to the finish line and all the pressure is on, he is visibly uncomfortable and off his game and it seems the only reason he performed at such a high level last year was because he was playing against his summer work out buddy in Durant.

I hope he pulls off a Boston gm 6 otherwise, the hate is gonna be so strong and legitimate that not even the stans can defend him.

TODAYS TOP PLAYERS ARE OVERRATED... I have written this about 1000 times this year...

funnystuff
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Yeah, and his name was prime Shaq. :lol

TheMan
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM

But he's already a better player than MJ ever was:rolleyes:

Zodiac
06-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Mentally exhausted from carrying his team through an extremely weak eastern conference.

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Exactly.

Kobe's knowledge of the game is light years ahead of LeBron's. It would be like if Kobe was a High School Senior, LeBron would be a 4th grader.

It has nothing to do with Knowledge.. All about THE FIRE THEY HAVE WITHIN... Lebron has a candle and its easily put out... :rockon:

Mass Debator
06-17-2013, 12:06 PM
He makes 25/8/6 look so damn bad. :facepalm

Diaw was backpedaling every time Lebron tried to drive. Doesn't he know better to just perform his step back jumper instead of trying to draw contact on a guy who is not even trying to make contact? What about a floater or hop-step or 360 spin off the dribble? How about stop being scared of Diaw's size and post him up and go around him from there instead of driving from the triple threat all the time? How about running around the perimeter through screens to knock some wind into a fatty who's 50% fat? Geez...talk about shrinking in the moment. :facepalm

ReturnofJPR
06-17-2013, 12:07 PM
didn't know prime Shaq was in the Lakers in 09 and 10.

:wtf:
:biggums:

the only decent game lebron has had this finals, he was outshined by Wade, maybe because Lebron doesn't want his teammates to out perform him. i.e. 2011 finals. :lol what a choker and loser he is.

Remember when he came into Game 4, during garbage time, to score 7 points in order to outscore Wade by 1. :facepalm

ILLsmak
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
He's not stupid. I think he's got anxiety which, I believe, comes from being overly sensitive. As someone who has anxiety, I understand what it can be like. However, I don't understand why it comes through in basketball for him. It shouldn't. He should be able to push it out of his mind.

I think the reason is that he doesn't really have "bad games" and he doesn't want to have them. He won't "ride it out." He is holding himself to a high level of perfectionism. It's like he's worried about how each game affects his legacy and that pressure affects him.

Pop has played him well, but let's be honest. They only have one player who can check him. The other players can only take away one thing, at most. So basically what Pop is doing is mixing it up. Seeing Diaw was a sad moment for Bron.

Plus, I really think there is underlying problems between Wade and Bron and I think Pop is playing to that, too, and not allowing them to get rhythm between them.

-Smak

thefatmiral
06-17-2013, 12:34 PM
he needs those fastbreak plays, lots of turnovers to look like how people believe how great he is. good ball control, fundamental team defense, have held him back.

guy
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm really starting to think the theory that Lebron didn't feel nervous last year because he was comfortable going up against Durant who was his friend, didn't try to intimidate him, and whom he had trained with actually holds weight now. Although I wasn't sure that he had gotten over his pressure issues unlike most people, now that we know that its pretty clear that he hasn't gotten over them, I am quite surprised.

K Xerxes
06-17-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm really starting to think the theory that Lebron didn't feel nervous last year because he was comfortable going up against Durant who was his friend, didn't try to intimidate him, and whom he had trained with actually holds weight now. Although I wasn't sure that he had gotten over his pressure issues unlike most people, now that we know that its pretty clear that he hasn't gotten over them, I am quite surprised.

No, this isn't the reason. If he chokes away this finals series again, it will be because the teams he's come up against know how to effectively shut him down in a 7 game series.

The biggest reason he dominated in the finals last year is that Scott Brooks is arguably the worst coach in the league, and was incapable of adjusting for LeBron in the post. By game 4, he still had Harden or Sefolosha (:facepalm) guarding LeBron down low with no immediate double team. Which meant LeBron could back down and hit simply layups.

Spurs and Mavs have zoned more often and always left a big man to prevent drive penetration. He is so visibly uncomfortable in this series. Now, that doesn't explain why he cannot drive past Boris Diaw - that part is mental. I guess when he feels uncomfortable on the biggest stage, he crumbles. He has no go to move to get easy buckets and gets discouraged when he bricks a jumper or gets blocked in a layup.

Game 6 and 7 could prove all of that wrong, but what a let down this season will have been if he closes this series off with more subpar play. One of the greatest regular seasons of all time followed by a poor playoffs performance.

OhNoTimNoSho
06-17-2013, 01:41 PM
I think Pop is just psychologically destroying lebron. I remember there was a interview with Bird where Bird said he would feel disrespected when the other team's best defender was not on him and he would go out and make it personal. Having Diaw on him must have destroyed Lebron's ego. Lebron really is a child inside a giant super body. Its like he needs a dad or something.

Pop just keeps playing these games with him, throwing new defenses at him, and everytime it makes lebron think about himself introspectively and it takes him out of the game.

Wade playing better than Bron was the worst thing that could have happened for the heat I think. Now Lebron is completely lost about his role, so he will defer to wade and they will both be out of rhythm

Kiddlovesnets
06-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Spurs just get his number, nothing more nothing less. Same reason why Kobe always plays poorly against Pistons.

upside24
06-17-2013, 02:13 PM
It sucks that the league's best player and once in a generation talent has confidence issues and cannot dominate in the Finals.

What a waste.

He may be the best in the RS but in the Finals I'd rather have KD.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-17-2013, 02:41 PM
3 doesn't count as Shaq carried Kobe and could have done it with LeBron, TMac, etc.

Thats the stupidest argument ever.
OK, KOBE could have won championships with Lebron, Tim Duncan, etc.

GTFO with that lame discussion.

Nick Young
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM
I think Pop is just psychologically destroying lebron. I remember there was a interview with Bird where Bird said he would feel disrespected when the other team's best defender was not on him and he would go out and make it personal. Having Diaw on him must have destroyed Lebron's ego. Lebron really is a child inside a giant super body. Its like he needs a dad or something.

Pop just keeps playing these games with him, throwing new defenses at him, and everytime it makes lebron think about himself introspectively and it takes him out of the game.

Wade playing better than Bron was the worst thing that could have happened for the heat I think. Now Lebron is completely lost about his role, so he will defer to wade and they will both be out of rhythm
bingo.

Ballin095
06-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Lol at all you guys acting like you're Lebron psychiatrist or something.

outbreak
06-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Anyone think it has to do with spoelstra not coaching him? a good coach would watch his problems and then drill into him a goto move and how to play in the big moment. Would change up when things aren't working. Spoelstra ddoesn't coach him at all, I'm fact for his whole career coaches just let him stat pad and Noones had the balls to challenge him. Imagine him under pop doc jackson he'd be so much better

Clifton
06-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Anyone think it has to do with spoelstra not coaching him? a good coach would watch his problems and then drill into him a goto move and how to play in the big moment. Would change up when things aren't working. Spoelstra ddoesn't coach him at all, I'm fact for his whole career coaches just let him stat pad and Noones had the balls to challenge him. Imagine him under pop doc jackson he'd be so much better
Sometimes I think I'm going insane when I watch NBA ball. It's like there is no coaching, at all. I really suspect that NBA coaches don't do anything more than the "okay, let's really buckle down on defense here, all 48 minutes, etc etc" stuff you hear at timeouts.

The way NBA players set picks and cut and move without the ball is just pathetic. Nobody ever seems to have any idea what to do unless they're on a run. Heat included. Nobody on the Heat can do anything unless they get hot by getting a few transition buckets first. Even Lebron. Almost all of his points this series are either garbage buckets or jumpers he made when the game was already decided. He doesn't approach it with any game-plan.

There was a moment in game 5, right after Lebron cut from the baseline to the low block on Green, caught a pass, and put it right in, when I thought "Lebron's not just the most talented player ever; he WILL BE the greatest player ever. And Spo's not such a bad coach after all." He proceeded to do nothing (Lebron) for the rest of the game. What would be easier than making Lebron the GOAT? Most college coaches could do it. My high school coach could have. You observe what works and adjust your game plan accordingly. The only guy in the NBA I see doing that is Popovich, and maybe Vogel, and also Rick Carlisle (forgot about him huh? So do I sometimes. I think he's an all-time great. Remember, he was Indiana's coach when they played .500 ball after the Brawl with their entire starting lineup out).

Andrei89
06-21-2013, 08:58 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 09:02 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
lol, how stupid are you to bump this?
You know one good game doesn't take away one bad game right?
So all this does is serve to remind everyone that Lebron does choke in the finals. He's done quite badly in 2/3 of the games. 1 good game does not make us forget.

Again, thanks for the bump :roll:

Andrei89
06-21-2013, 09:02 AM
So all this does is serve to remind everyone that Lebron does choke in the finals. He's done quite badly in 2/3 of the games. 1 good game does not make us forget.

u mad:rockon:

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 09:04 AM
u mad:rockon:
nah, why would I be bad at all?
This guy is exactly as i described.

He'll have 1 great game (game 7), but also continue to be passive and choke like this thread reminds us of.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. Lebron did not play well this series. Thanks again :oldlol:

Mr Exlax
06-21-2013, 09:06 AM
nah, why would I be bad at all?
This guy is exactly as i described.

He'll have 1 great game (game 7), but also continue to be passive and choke like this thread reminds us of.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. Lebron did not play well this series. Thanks again :oldlol:

I dunno Rip. You seem mad bro.

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 09:07 AM
I dunno Rip. You seem mad bro.
:confusedshrug:

I've said since april that heat will win, because of how stacked they are. I've also repeated this multiple times. So..... explain again why am I mad?

Andrei89
06-21-2013, 09:08 AM

I've said since april that heat will win, because of how stacked they are. I've also repeated this multiple times. So..... explain again why am I mad?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 09:14 AM

you were celebrating the Spurs victory in game 6 when there was 20 seconds left and they were up by 5. It crushed you that Lebron and Allen both made clutch 3s to send it to overtime and that Lebron performed so well in game 7 which is the most important game in the season and the only thing that should matter.

sportjames23
06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
All these threads getting bumped :roll: :oldlol: :lol

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 09:18 AM
you were celebrating the Spurs victory in game 6 when there was 20 seconds left and they were up by 5. It crushed you that Lebron and Allen both made clutch 3s to send it to overtime and that Lebron performed so well in game 7 which is the most important game in the season and the only thing that should matter.
Oh ray allen definitely did annoy me. not lebron though, he missed a couple of shots and had 2 turnovers in the clutch as usual. :oldlol:

But in the end his stacked team bailed his ass out, exactly as I said in april. So no surprise to me at all.

tmacattack33
06-21-2013, 09:22 AM

I guess you weren't watching Game 1, Game 4, and Game 6.

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Oh ray allen definitely did annoy me. not lebron though, he missed a couple of shots and had 2 turnovers in the clutch as usual. :oldlol:

But in the end his stacked team bailed his ass out, exactly as I said in april. So no surprise to me at all.

we must have not been watching the same game then. Because what i remember from game 6 was Lebron going ham in the 4th quarter after losing his headband both on the defensive end and on offense while Wade was on the bench and willing his team back in the game after they were down 10.

Unbiased_one
06-21-2013, 09:24 AM

In game 7, only 5 heat players scored, and one scored 3. A player on a max contract scored no points. Doesn't sound stacked to me.

Mr Exlax
06-21-2013, 09:24 AM

You've been in every single thread bashing him. The Heat won last night and you just strike me as salty about it. You just mad bro. I don't understand why you would be though.

Mr Exlax
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM

So wait, nevermind that he got his team back in the game and all that right? It's a team game. You know that right? Oh wait, you expect him to score every single point for his team. That's what it is! You ever hooped before bro?

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 09:31 AM
You've been in every single thread bashing him. The Heat won last night and you just strike me as salty about it. You just mad bro. I don't understand why you would be though.
I've already made a thread saying he did play well.

Again, everything goes along exactly the way I predicted. I have said the same things forever, and those things have not been proven wrong. I wasn't surprised or disappointed by this outcome at all. :confusedshrug:

I definitely wanted spurs to win, but being realistic, Heat were the ones that were suppose to win from the start.

Mr Exlax
06-21-2013, 09:34 AM
I've already made a thread saying he did play well.

Again, everything goes along exactly the way I predicted. I have said the same things forever, and those things have not been proven wrong. I wasn't surprised or disappointed by this outcome at all. :confusedshrug:

I definitely wanted spurs to win, but being realistic, Heat were the ones that were suppose to win from the start.

I can go in any thread today and see that you're mad bro. Again, I don't understand why. I could see if the Heat were playing against your team or whatever then yeah. I dunno. You're just mad to me man. Your "points" that you try to make scream that you don't know basketball to me. You evaluate it from a fan standpoint and not somebody that plays it.

Kingwillball
06-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Lebron played alot better 2nd half of series than first. Amazing what people come to expect from the guy. With that said i called Lebron would finish with over 25 ppg after gm 4. Lebron averaged 32 points ppg over final 4 games of series after slow start..

Mr Exlax
06-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Lebron played alot better 2nd half of series than first. Amazing what people come to expect from the guy. With that said i called Lebron would finish with over 25 ppg after gm 4. Lebron averaged 32 points ppg over final 4 games of series after slow start..

I honestly thought he wouldn't crack 20 ppg. That was what I saw from the SA defense in games 1&2. They would let anybody else score as long as it wasn't Lebron. Sending a second defender or having a primary and then 2 more basically off their men waiting on him to drive. Can't do too much against that but pass. I didn't think Pop was gonna switch up the defense either though. I wouldn't have. Those shooters would have to do it more than 5 minutes.

Derka
06-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah, you pretty much deserve to eat this thread.

Fox
06-21-2013, 10:16 AM
OP is probably the biggest idiot on the entire internet.

Andrei89
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Also,

let us not forget that he had a great finals last year also.

OP is a homosexual :roll: :roll: :roll: