PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's Anxiety Disorder

SamuraiSWISH
06-18-2013, 07:30 PM
I think, and it is an assumption but one that seems logical is that LeBron might have an anxiety disorder. Which explains why he plays so poorly in highly tense situations like the massive public spotlight like the NBA Finals. I legitimately think he has an anxiety problem. It might explain the rapid accelerating hair loss post 2010 due to stress and anxiety. He fears being disliked. The nail biting. The playing of hot potato with the rock when you're the most talented player on the floor. The stress of living up to hype and expectations Nike's "Witness" campaign. I think this idea needs to be legitimately explored.

MJ was probably a sociopath. The guy felt NO FEAR regardless of the situation. Which made his lack of fear of failure into success because he was going to do whatever it took to achieve his agenda ... which was winning, at all costs. Comments like LeBron before game 7 v.s. Indiana "it's just a basketball game" ... almost like he's calming himself down. MJ would get pissed and guarantee victories or dominant performances.

Maybe if LeBron gets on medication, or learn to deal with his stress, fear, and anxiety he would become the player he's capable of being.

keep-itreal
06-18-2013, 07:32 PM
so instead of saying "he's mentally weak, or he's soft or nervous" were just gonna call that anxiety disorder instead:rolleyes:

CavaliersFTW
06-18-2013, 07:39 PM
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/c/ce/Reggie-miller-choke.jpg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-18-2013, 07:41 PM
http://www.newparadiselaboratories.org/uploads/response_images/1336364503hmmm-gif.gif

ILLsmak
06-18-2013, 07:42 PM
I think, and it is an assumption but one that seems logical is that LeBron might have an anxiety disorder. Which explains why he plays so poorly in highly tense situations like the massive public spotlight like the NBA Finals. I legitimately think he has an anxiety problem. It might explain the rapid accelerating hair loss post 2010 due to stress and anxiety. He fears being disliked. The nail biting. The playing of hot potato with the rock when you're the most talented player on the floor. The stress of living up to hype and expectations Nike's "Witness" campaign. I think this idea needs to be legitimately explored.

MJ was probably a sociopath. The guy felt NO FEAR regardless of the situation. Which made his lack of fear of failure into success because he was going to do whatever it took to achieve his agenda ... which was winning, at all costs. Comments like LeBron before game 7 v.s. Indiana "it's just a basketball game" ... almost like he's calming himself down. MJ would get pissed and guarantee victories or dominant performances.

Maybe if LeBron gets on medication, or learn to deal with his stress, fear, and anxiety he would become the player he's capable of being.

I agree that MJ was a sociopath because he never got tired of winning. People think that's normal, but it's not. Think about it for a minute.

Then think about guys like Shaq. Shaq really got tired of winning. Shaq and Bron are similar in that they don't have to go all in. Bron is all in now, though...

He is anxious, no doubt, but not because of bball, like I said before it's because he is worried about how the press will slay him. He knows bball. I know I have had (at times) severe anxiety, but not so much playing bball. At least not when I played every day. Plus, anxiety doesn't affect you from getting boards, playing D, generally being physical. The only time anxiety would affect you would be when you had the ball in your hands.

But like I said, I don't understand it... anxiety does not equal mental weakness, I know this, but in LeBron's case he is mentally weak. Anxiety should not affect your hobby/job when it's that kind of a job. If you are so good at it. Dude needs to get over himself and realize everyone fails sometimes. He's failing by not wanting to fail. All he really has to do is go out there and go hard every night... and nobody will say shit cept the haters, but he's playing scared so that's making everyone wonder.

-Smak

Derka
06-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Diagnosis: an acute case of testiculus shrinkus.

Heilige
06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
I agree that MJ was a sociopath because he never got tired of winning. People think that's normal, but it's not. Think about it for a minute.

Why isn't it normal? Is it wrong to feel that way?

tmacattack33
I guess the op didn't watch rounds 1-3 (or at least round 3 if u think that the first two rounds are easy and not pressure packed), the entire playoffs last year especially the last two games of the ecf and the finals, and the ecf this year.

I mean Durant played like shit against Memphis and u don't think he has anxiety issues. He also got outplayed by Lebron in the finals last year, and played terrible against la in 2010.

poido123
Diagnosis: an acute case of testiculus shrinkus.

or regulus floppus when things get tight.

selrahc
06-18-2013, 07:57 PM

anti-anxiety medications work on the central nervous system and would cause lebron to be "slower" mentally and incapable of producing at 100%. what he needs to do is go out there and just try to give it 100%. just stop being a bitch and stop being so afraid of failure so that he can overcome his fear. if he hides in the corner and never tries he will never succeed.

this is what makes kobe so great. kobe gives it his all and sometimes he fails and sometimes he succeeds but at least he tries and that is why is has 5 championships. lebron will never be a winner if he always shys away from the ball at crucial moments.

Magic 32
06-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Why isn't it normal? Is it wrong to feel that way?

Google Horace Grant and pingpong.

Nilocon165
09-09-2016, 07:56 PM
goat

SouBeachTalents
09-09-2016, 08:06 PM
This was in full effect the last 3 games of the Finals

aj1987
09-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Wait, so you made this thread before one of the most epic G7 performances by any player ever? :oldlol:

What happened to CavsFTW, BTW? LeBron winning a title in Cleveland mentally ruined him?

ArbitraryWater
09-09-2016, 08:10 PM
OP exposed again lol

egokiller
09-09-2016, 09:06 PM
OP exposed again lol

This thread is 3 years old. It's quite possible that lebron has since overcame his Anxiety Distorder based on this years finals where he faced:

- injured Curry getting into foul trouble early each game
- no momentum Draymond due to suspension
- broken back iggy

Glad to see CLE win the chip but let's be realistic and add context to what actually happened. We could have seen an epic 3rd series showdown in 2017, but KD had to ruin it all by being a bitch and joined the team that made him their bitch in the WCF.

AintNoSunshine
09-09-2016, 10:40 PM
WTF? When OP posted this Lebron had already won a title with a great finals performance and also had one of the top 3 greatest performances ever, under tremendous pressure in Boston in game 6.

OP has got to be retarded.

Now that Lebron emerges as a 3 time champ at the age of only 31, OP looks even more of a fool.

SamuraiSWISH
09-10-2016, 01:27 AM
LeBron himself has said he has a fear of failure.

Mr Feeny
09-10-2016, 04:02 AM
LeBron himself has said he has a fear of failure.Has Lebron said "I have an overwhelming anxiety issue which causes me to play poorly"?
Really?

You're an idiot who made a dumb thread and was embarassed for doing so after lebron just pulled off the greatest comeback in finals history and the most impressive feat of mental strength you'll ever see.

MP.Trey
09-10-2016, 08:47 AM
LeBron himself has said he has a fear of failure.
Anybody who wants to win has a fear of failure. If you have no fear of failure, why the hell are you playing? Fearing failure is the only thing that keeps a great player working hard.

Ca$H
09-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Has Lebron said "I have an overwhelming anxiety issue which causes me to play poorly"?
Really?

You're an idiot who made a dumb thread and was embarassed for doing so after lebron just pulled off the greatest comeback in finals history and the most impressive feat of mental strength you'll ever see.

Kyrie hit the dagger. Bran was missing shots in the 4th quarter.

ArbitraryWater
09-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Wait, so you made this thread before one of the most epic G7 performances by any player ever? :oldlol:

What happened to CavsFTW, BTW? LeBron winning a title in Cleveland mentally ruined him?

:roll: :roll:

egokiller
09-10-2016, 09:56 AM

There was a point in the series where Bran looked lost and worried. It wasn't until Kyrie sparked a run that Bran regained his confidence and composure. Once that happened, I knew the Cavs would win the series. This is why Bran may never be a top 5 all time player. He just doesn't mentally have what the other guys on that list have, and it shows. He needs to work on his mental aspect of the game and not rely on teammates to jump start that alpha personality. The alpha personality needs to be instinctual, and it needs to be able to be turned on regardless of how your teammates are playing. This will be the difference maker in the 2017 finals.

SouBeachTalents
09-10-2016, 10:40 AM

LeBron led the team in 4th quarter scoring with 11, had the game saving block and hit the game clinching FT

SouBeachTalents
09-10-2016, 10:41 AM
There was a point in the series where Bran looked lost and worried. It wasn't until Kyrie sparked a run that Bran regained his confidence and composure. Once that happened, I knew the Cavs would win the series. This is why Bran may never be a top 5 all time player. He just doesn't mentally have what the other guys on that list have, and it shows. He needs to work on his mental aspect of the game and not rely on teammates to jump start that alpha personality. The alpha personality needs to be instinctual, and it needs to be able to be turned on regardless of how your teammates are playing. This will be the difference maker in the 2017 finals.

3 FMVP's and is arguably the GOAT elimination game performer, but just doesn't have that mental aspect.

If the haters still regurgitate this same bullshit after these Finals, they'll literally never give LeBron any credit, and will continue to make these Skip Bayless esque posts

SamuraiSWISH
09-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Anybody who wants to win has a fear of failure. If you have no fear of failure, why the hell are you playing? Fearing failure is the only thing that keeps a great player working hard.
That's not true at all. It's the weight of expectations and hype since he was a sophomore in high school. He's admitted he's afraid of failure. And other times praised guys like Jordan who were just relentless to win. Whatever the cost.

MJ wasn't self aware of his legacy as he played. He won and let the chips fall where they may. Millenials are almost too meta and self aware. Over think, and yes are afraid of failure. Thus why Bron has had issues at times even with his top 3 all time talent level.

Some guys play with a chip on their shoulder with nothing to lose and aren't afraid to fail. Thus why they're not afraid of the moment or a big shot. LeBron avoided those quite readily for a long time. MJ, Kobe, Kyrie, West, Bird, even Reggie. Those guys didn't get shook by the pressure of expectations.

Granted some of them didn't have the hype or great expectations of a LeBron James, admittedly.

Also this thread was made 3 years ago when he was very obviously shrinking to the moment until his headband got knocked off late in game 6 vs the Spurs. Up until that point he had a timid, 2011 esque series.

Don't revise history. I've given Bron credit where it's due. His douchey 20 something year old skinny jean wearing clown brigade for fans refuse to admit his historical faults.

Ca$H
09-10-2016, 11:05 AM
LeBron led the team in 4th quarter scoring with 11, had the game saving block and hit the game clinching FT

In the last 5 minutes Bran made 1 shot and missed 4. Not exactly a Jordan type of performance.

BigKAT
09-10-2016, 11:21 AM
In the last 5 minutes Bran made 1 shot and missed 4. Not exactly a Jordan type of performance.

I think that int he last 5 minutes both teams shot like 3/10 or something.

Actually, here's exactly how it went.

GSW up 87-83

Lebron scores 6 straight point.

Klay thompson evens it up.

Both teams fail to score for a good 3 minutes or so,
Kyrie scores 3pt, Lebron caps it off with a ft.

That's not that bad man.

Ca$H
09-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I think that int he last 5 minutes both teams shot like 3/10 or something.

Actually, here's exactly how it went.

GSW up 87-83

Lebron scores 6 straight point.

Klay thompson evens it up.

Both teams fail to score for a good 3 minutes or so,
Kyrie scores 3pt, Lebron caps it off with a ft.

That's not that bad man.

20% FG in the last 5 minutes is bad. The Warriors choking doesn't change the fact that Bran choked and Kyrie bailed him out.

retaxis
09-10-2016, 11:25 AM
That's not true at all. It's the weight of expectations and hype since he was a sophomore in high school. He's admitted he's afraid of failure. And other times praised guys like Jordan who were just relentless to win. Whatever the cost.

MJ wasn't self aware of his legacy as he played. He won and let the chips fall where they may. Millenials are almost too meta and self aware. Over think, and yes are afraid of failure. Thus why Bron has had issues at times even with his top 3 all time talent level.

Some guys play with a chip on their shoulder with nothing to lose and aren't afraid to fail. Thus why they're not afraid of the moment or a big shot. LeBron avoided those quite readily for a long time. MJ, Kobe, Kyrie, West, Bird, even Reggie. Those guys didn't get shook by the pressure of expectations.

Yeah those players are mostly sociopaths who don't care. When you have hundreds of people depending on you e.g. your family, your agents, your extended family, your crew, your fan base, your team etc etc on your success, everyone would have a degree of 'what if'

If those players weren't playing basketball, they would be ripping off your grandma or selling you fake insurance.

SamuraiSWISH
09-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Yeah those players are mostly sociopaths who don't care. When you have hundreds of people depending on you e.g. your family, your agents, your extended family, your crew, your fan base, your team etc etc on your success, everyone would have a degree of 'what if'

If those players weren't playing basketball, they would be ripping off your grandma or selling you fake insurance.
That's a ridiculous leap in lack of logic.

Mr Feeny
09-10-2016, 03:15 PM

Lethick had 11 4th quarter points including the greatest defensive play of all time to cap off the greatest finals performance of all time and maintain his position as "my game 7"

A 6/24 fan wouldn't understand :lol

Heilige
09-10-2016, 03:15 PM

Granted some of them didn't have the hype or great expectations of a LeBron James, admittedly.

Also this thread was made 3 years ago when he was very obviously shrinking to the moment until his headband got knocked off late in game 6 vs the Spurs. Up until that point he had a timid, 2011 esque series.

Don't revise history. I've given Bron credit where it's due. His douchey 20 something year old skinny jean wearing clown brigade for fans refuse to admit his historical faults.

Wouldn't you say Kobe was self aware of his legacy as he played especially in the Finals?

Also, how can someone stop being too meta and self aware?

SamuraiSWISH
09-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Wouldn't you say Kobe was self aware of his legacy as he played especially in the Finals?

Also, how can someone stop being too meta and self aware?
Kobe was self aware of his legacy too. Something he predetermined stubbornly how he was going to play. Regardless of the defense, or the own way in which he was performing during a game.