PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen - One of the biggest shots...

Pointguard
06-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Talk about critical, talk about clutch. Wow!

CJ Mustard
06-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Biggest shot in NBA history.

Boston C's
06-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Unbelievable...this will be a highlight that will play on til the end of time lol

Kews1
06-19-2013, 12:53 AM
no doubt, even though hes a dick for leaving Boston its nice to see him hitting the big shots still :applause:

Inferno
06-19-2013, 12:54 AM
It'll only go down in history if Heat win Game 7.

Pointguard
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
He didn't look where he feet were either. He was worth his contract in one game alone.

imdaman99
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
He didn't look where he feet were either. He was worth his contract in one game alone.
when you're ray allen, you dont need to look at your feet. you just instinctively know where that line is :hammerhead:

NumberSix
I still don't know how Miami even tied the game. Lebron chucking 3s and the heat getting offensive rebounds and then ray tying it up.

Kews1

true that, this is exactly what they signed him for

Fudge
06-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Man, give more or just as much credit to Bosh for tipping it out to Allen. Clutch ass shot regardless though.

One of the best games i've seen, easily.

Wally450
06-19-2013, 12:57 AM
His big 3 and two free throws were absolutely huge, so he is the definition of clutch.

Boston C's
06-19-2013, 12:58 AM
It'll only go down in history if Heat win Game 7.

thats nonsense...this shot will obviously mean more if miami wins the series but your talkin about one of the biggest shots in nba finals history...win or lose this shot will be remembered

Euroleague
06-19-2013, 01:00 AM
All those guys out there were choking (Manu, Duncan, Parker, Wade) and Popovich on the bench was choking...........

But Ray Allen hit probably the biggest shot ever. Considering the moment and situation when he hit that shot.

Tops any shot Jordan ever hit easily. The shot over Russell was nowhere near under that kind of situation or moment.

LBJMVP
06-19-2013, 01:01 AM
unreal shot...

cannot believe it went in still.

Inferno
06-19-2013, 01:02 AM
thats nonsense...this shot will obviously mean more if miami wins the series but your talkin about one of the biggest shots in nba finals history...win or lose this shot will be remembered

Yeah, I worded that wrong.

It'll definitely go down in history but it wont have too much meaning behind it if Heat don't win it all IMO.

strifed169
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM
The elevation Allen got on that shot was reminiscent of Lebron's GW on the Magic

Boston C's
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I worded that wrong.

It'll definitely go down in history but it wont have too much meaning behind it if Heat don't win it all IMO.

agreed...just thought different when you first said it all good though :cheers:

NASH = BEST
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
It was a great shot by Ray Allen :applause:

That S.O.B. cost me some money though :oldlol:

I hate the dude even more now :mad:

Rasheed1
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM
All those guys out there were choking (Manu, Duncan, Parker, Wade) and Popovich on the bench was choking...........

But Ray Allen hit probably the biggest shot ever. Considering the moment and situation when he hit that shot.

Tops any shot Jordan ever hit easily. The shot over Russell was nowhere near under that kind of situation or moment.

http://www.pdngallery.com/20years/sports/images/18_fernando_medina.jpg

uh... no it doesnt....he made the shot before that too.. and created the steal that led to that shot...

lets not get carried away

PejaNowitzki
Ray Allen hitting that monster 3 going backwards was pretty much the equivalent of dropping the mic on the Spurs. After going from being up by 5, to completely tied, that had to be enormously deflating.

Leftimage

Exactly. Regardless of this series' outcome, this game WILL be remembered - and Allen's shot will be one of it's most memorable features.

I thought Mike Miller's one-shoe shot would provide a long-lasting memory, and it literally got buried underneath a shit ton of sensational moments by both teams. Lebron's clank-then-swish 3 pointer sequence almost gave me a stroke.

I went from thinking '' Lebron's status as bad finals performer cemented'' to thinking ''Lebron's status as the GOAT in elimination games cemented'' in the blink of an eye.

Euroleague
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM

uh... no it doesnt....he made the shot before that too.. and created the steal that led to that shot...

Bullshit. Allen's shot had way more stress and way more hanging in the balance.

Jordan's shot did not have 1/10 the pressurized situation, and besides that, Jordan did a clear offensive foul on the play.

Boston C's
06-19-2013, 01:08 AM

As much as I love jordan he kind of has a point...not to say that jordan wouldnt hit that shot regardless of the situation because he def would but you can even compare his game winner against the cavs...if he missed that shot the bulls go home...if he misses the shot on russell the jazz still have to win it and even if they do the bulls have a game 7 to win it...rays shot was basically all or nothing...if he misses that shot the series is over period

again I'm damn sure that jordan would hit the shot if put in a similar situation...he was just so good that he never got to such a critical situation (no game 7's in the finals ever)

PickernRoller
06-19-2013, 01:09 AM
Biggest shot in NBA history.
:facepalm

Boston C's
06-19-2013, 01:11 AM

idk about greatest but its definitely up there...top 5 easily

Boston C's
06-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Exactly. Regardless of this series' outcome, this game WILL be remembered - and Allen's shot will be one of it's most memorable features.

I thought Mike Miller's one-shoe shot would provide a long-lasting memory, and it literally got buried underneath a shit ton of sensational moments by both teams. Lebron's clank-then-swish 3 pointer sequence almost gave me a stroke.

I went from thinking '' Lebron's status as bad finals performer cemented'' to thinking ''Lebron's status as the GOAT in elimination games cemented'' in the blink of an eye.

yea this game was ridiculous...im in czech its ****in 7 a.m here and im wired because of this game...thankfully im on vacation so i can sleep whenever i want lol

2swift4u
06-19-2013, 01:13 AM
that was a huuuuuuge shot!!! Now I really hope Miami wins the series and then that shot will go down in history as one of the biggest shots ever!

Pointguard
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
when you're ray allen, you dont need to look at your feet. you just instinctively know where that line is :hammerhead:

Yeah, sure. Lets just play the game by instinct now.

Pointguard
06-19-2013, 01:47 AM
As much as I love jordan he kind of has a point...not to say that jordan wouldnt hit that shot regardless of the situation because he def would but you can even compare his game winner against the cavs...if he missed that shot the bulls go home...if he misses the shot on russell the jazz still have to win it and even if they do the bulls have a game 7 to win it...rays shot was basically all or nothing...if he misses that shot the series is over period.

Yeah, it is a very big difference between if the shot misses and the season is over. Ray's shot not only tied the game but basically shifted the whole momentum as well. It was an absolute critical shot. If Jordan misses that shot he can still take 30 more shots the next game.

gengiskhan
06-19-2013, 01:57 AM

Ray allens was at home!

Jordan's was ON ROAD aka HOSTILE CROWD!!

Jordan's Game winner lifted the trophy.

dude77
06-19-2013, 03:46 AM

Ray allens was at home!

no .. how the f can anyone say this one isn't bigger ? .. like pointguard said .. the bulls weren't facing losing the championship .. they would've had another shot next game .. this was do or @#%$# die .. facing a crushing defeat and losing the title after such a long and successful season .. time running out .. stepping backwards into a really small space(could've stepped out of bounds) with time running out and someone running at you and nailing a 3 to tie it and stay alive .. lol are you kidding me ? .. doesn't get anymore badass than that .. this one is way more clutch

poido123
06-19-2013, 03:59 AM
no .. how the f can anyone say this one isn't bigger ? .. like pointguard said .. the bulls weren't facing losing the championship .. they would've had another shot next game .. this was do or @#%$# die .. facing a crushing defeat and losing the title after such a long and successful season .. time running out .. stepping backwards into a really small space(could've stepped out of bounds) with time running out and someone running at you and nailing a 3 to tie it and stay alive .. lol are you kidding me ? .. doesn't get anymore badass than that .. this one is way more clutch

Do we really need to argue Allen's amazing shot over Jordan? This serves nothing more than an opportunity for Jordan haters to troll. Fck off with that shit, both were huge shots and equally amazing.

tomtucker
06-19-2013, 03:59 AM
:eek: .....................you will not find a bigger shot in NBA finals history..........

Ancient Legend
06-19-2013, 04:00 AM
Biggest shot since Peter North's on Ginger Lynn.

All Net
06-19-2013, 04:05 AM
and to think it was a rebound that saved Miami for the three..how ironic hey.

dude77
06-19-2013, 04:15 AM
Do we really need to argue Allen's amazing shot over Jordan? This serves nothing more than an opportunity for Jordan haters to troll. Fck off with that shit, both were huge shots and equally amazing.

someone else brought it up so I wanted to comment on it .. jordan has plenty of clutch shots in his resume .. but it's retarded to say that shot is bigger than this one

hybridLB
06-19-2013, 04:20 AM
It's all about that footwork! how he got behind that line quickly without even looking and made the shot so fast!! GOAT Shooter! :cheers:

nashwade
06-19-2013, 04:21 AM
His big 3 and two free throws were absolutely huge, so he is the definition of clutch.

definitely this

Screamingdoom
06-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Clutchest player of all time?

NumberSix
06-19-2013, 04:53 AM
If Miami wins game 7, will Spurs fans think of that shot the way Heat fans think of the Allan Houston shot?

The_Yearning
06-19-2013, 04:55 AM
If Miami wins game 7, will Spurs fans think of that shot the way Heat fans think of the Allan Houston shot?

The Robert Horry 3 in game 5 2005 was way bigger.

SpaceJammeR
06-19-2013, 05:02 AM
the ball was bobbling in his hands when he released if you watch the replay. he also said it felt weird when he shot it but sometimes you just get lucky.

ChrisPosh
06-19-2013, 06:11 AM

Ray Allen's 3 >>>>>>>>> Any Jordan shot

I mean c'mon dude is you srs. Jordan was already a 5-time champion, his team was up 3-2 heading home and only down by a single point. The amount of pressure athletes face today, and the scrutiny absolutely wipes the floor any athlete of 90's had to deal with. Straight up, Jordan was never cornered into any true absolute do-or-die pressure in the finals. For Ray Allen his shot decides whether Miami's season was over (possibly the break up of the Big 3) or if they can survive the quarter to push to overtime. So much more riding on this scrambling tip-out shot, than Jordan's easy push-off jumper.

Trollsmasher
06-19-2013, 06:39 AM
It might have very well been the last shot of Ray's career.

GOAT shot:bowdown:

konex
06-19-2013, 06:51 AM
He altered LeBron's legacy last night :bowdown:

Sharmer
06-19-2013, 08:31 AM
And the Celtics fans thought Terry was a equal replacement. :roll:

Rays been on fire of late, shooting 60% from the field and 3pt in the series.

Lebron23
06-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Robert Horryesque 3 points shot by Ray Allen.

AintNoSunshine
06-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Robert Horryesque 3 points shot by Ray Allen.

LOL no, Horry has no movement and is strictly a spot up shooting. Ray was backpedalling without even looking at the bounds and just pulled up. Great great shot.

KayHaven
06-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Is anyone truly shocked....Ray has been doing this forever..ray in this year alone...has about 4-5 clutch shots that any H.O.F would die for...not to mention the 5-10 classic clutch shots he made during his Celtics tenure...and not to mention dozen more with the Sonics and Bucks

This is why it bothers me when he's not at the top or at least top 3 in "clutch" ratings...as much as I love Paul Pierce, the celtics lost many games in the past 5 years by not letting Ray take game winning shots...and that's no stab at Paul.

I understand at this point in Rays career you have to basically set him up...but I would rather pick for Ray Allen with only a ounce of space then trust 98% of the league with the ball..

Like Lebron said last night...even if Ray is 0-99 you can't give him the opportunity to make a big shot...or he will...

KayHaven
06-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Numbers never lie tweeted that No One has more game tying/winning 3's in the last 10 seconds of the postseason in the last 15 years than Ray...they have him at 5/8 on those attempts...and that's with him not amking many postseasons with that God awful sonics team

All Net
06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Numbers never lie tweeted that No One has more game tying/winning 3's in the last 10 seconds of the postseason in the last 15 years than Ray...they have him at 5/8 on those attempts...and that's with him not amking many postseasons with that God awful sonics team

amazing shooter...what a career he has had in those situations.

Rondo
06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I still don't know how Miami even tied the game. Lebron chucking 3s and the heat getting offensive rebounds and then ray tying it up.

Looks like you do know how they tied the game.

Rondo
06-19-2013, 10:34 AM
And the Celtics fans thought Terry was a equal replacement. :roll:

Rays been on fire of late, shooting 60% from the field and 3pt in the series.

I'd pay to see that.

Boston C's
06-19-2013, 08:33 PM
The Robert Horry 3 in game 5 2005 was way bigger.

its debatable...while horrys shot was huge as **** even if they lose they still live to fight another day

Allen's shot is the definition of do or die...season was riding on that shot in the NBA finals...off the top of my head I can't think of a shot bigger then allens...there probably are a couple if we really go back in time but I feel like this shot is a def lock for top 3 clutchest shots ever

ihoopallday
06-19-2013, 08:48 PM
:rockon:

Derka
06-19-2013, 08:53 PM
I think vintage Ray Allen would have leapt off his seat, watching old Ray Allen make that shot.

Unbelievable.

Pointguard
06-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Is anyone truly shocked....Ray has been doing this forever..ray in this year alone...has about 4-5 clutch shots that any H.O.F would die for...not to mention the 5-10 classic clutch shots he made during his Celtics tenure...and not to mention dozen more with the Sonics and Bucks

This is why it bothers me when he's not at the top or at least top 3 in "clutch" ratings...as much as I love Paul Pierce, the celtics lost many games in the past 5 years by not letting Ray take game winning shots...and that's no stab at Paul.

I understand at this point in Rays career you have to basically set him up...but I would rather pick for Ray Allen with only a ounce of space then trust 98% of the league with the ball..

Like Lebron said last night...even if Ray is 0-99 you can't give him the opportunity to make a big shot...or he will...

The best shooting I ever saw in the playoffs was Ray Allen on Bruce Bowen one year. Bowen was all over him and Ray was just Kabow, Kabow, Kabow.

Pointguard
06-19-2013, 10:16 PM
The elevation Allen got on that shot was reminiscent of Lebron's GW on the Magic

Yeah, he jumped extra high on that shot. There were several things of beauty about the shot.

His elevation
His classic form
The step back was perfectly spaced
The perfect arch in the shot
It not hitting the rim

ILLsmak
06-19-2013, 10:38 PM

Ray allens was at home!

yea but if MJ misses, they can still win the series. If Ray misses, it's likely over.

-Smak

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 11:14 PM
It's all about that footwork! how he got behind that line quickly without even looking and made the shot so fast!! GOAT Shooter! :cheers:

Yep, that sh*t was amazing.

I didn't think he did it myself and i was anxiously waiting the replay. And when I saw that he actually did get all the way behind the three point line, it was party time :rockon:

MadeFromDust
06-20-2013, 01:39 AM
That shot didn't surprise me one bit. :applause:

The poor decisions of Popazit and Manu served up that dish to him for OT and he took it. That's Ray Allen for you. I've seen it time and time again since his Milwaukee days. Can't say anything bad.

Bruise Bones would have stopped that though :oldlol:

Boston C's
06-20-2013, 01:43 AM
The best shooting I ever saw in the playoffs was Ray Allen on Bruce Bowen one year. Bowen was all over him and Ray was just Kabow, Kabow, Kabow.

Game 4 of the 2005 nba playoffs was one of the best torchings of bowen I ever seen...rays statline wasnt even close to one of his best games...he ended with lke 35 points or something but shot 60 percent and literally was doing anything he wanted to bowen getting where he wanted driving past him and shooting over him

Doranku
06-20-2013, 01:47 AM
That's about as big as it gets. Only way it gets bigger is if that was Game 7 instead of Game 6.

Insane shot. Ray is a God.

Ramza
06-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Wasn't there 2 seconds left on the shot clock after Ray hit that 3?
If he misses that shot, the clock would've ran out before someone could get the rebound and that's GAME.

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2013, 03:13 AM

I guess for those who think this MJ didn't have pressure forget that had MJ missed this shot, there was a good chance that Pippen probably doesn't even play game 7. And had there been a game 7, without Pippen, Bulls most likely lose to the Jazz.

Ray's shot was as clutch a shot can get though.