PDA

View Full Version : The Headband game >>>>> The flu game

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/924/170/LeBronBlockNoHeadBand_original.gif

The Numbers
32 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists

What Happened

Jordan had to fight the flu. But LeBron had to fight a team with 3 Basketball Hall of Famers AND the refs. The other team is playing with 8 guys.

The refs are taking over the game for the Spurs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Their Finals MVP is on full display trying to secure the trophy for them. Duncan is lighting up Bosh for 25 points in the first half alone.

http://www.basketball-refs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/joey-crawofrd.jpg

But before Joey Crawford can be presented the Finals MVP, LeBron, the two white guys,Ray Allen and Mario Chalmers decide to go on a huge run. They start dominating the game coming back from a 15 point deficit the refs built for San Antonio and in the process LeBrons headband comes off unleashing the sleeping genie from within.

Wish Number 1: Nearly outscoring the entire Spurs team in the 4th quarter all by himself

Wish Number 2: Single handily shutting down Tony Parker holding him to 6-22 shooting despite Tony Parker being one of the quickest players in the NBA and a point guard. LeBrons defensive versatility on full display and he did it all without help.

Wish Number 3: Winning the ****ing game.

We have all witnessed true greatness. LeBron added to his NBA LEAGUE HISTORY LEADING 31.8 PPG FACING ELIMINATION! Props to the entire Heat squad(except for Wade he ****ing blew) for coming up with clutch plays, but LeBron is the man that makes this happen and its time he gets his respect.

And not only was he dominant scoring the basketball. He was DOMINANT on the boards and shut down the opposing teams top scorer despite him playing an entirely different position. Did I mention he got 11 assists, getting his team look after look?

Cherish what your watching kids. There has never been a guy that could do these things.

See you f@gs in Game 7. Hopefully we can actually get some REAL REFS(not named Tony Brothers or Joey ****ing Crawford). Put my request in for Danny Crawford or Scott Foster.

#number6ix#
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Please kill yourself

Magic 32
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Please kill yourself

Pretty much.

LongLiveTheKing
06-19-2013, 01:43 AM
Okay calm down OP.

tazb
06-19-2013, 01:43 AM
It's up there with the legendary cramp game from last year.

kamil
06-19-2013, 01:44 AM
6/6 > 1/3 + flopping + collusion

LBJMVP
06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
people are overrating lebrons game alot.

if it wasnt for ray allen, lebrons legacy is ruined. simple as that.

Young X
6 turnovers
11-26 shooting
2 turnovers in the last 30 seconds
Bailed out by Ray Allen

Please kill yourself

BasedTom
Dont forget about Librarius Booker and Chambers, OP

it was a good game, but not really great bait on your part. 0/10 troll, apply yourself next time

Straight_Ballin
06-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Op is so dillusional that its laughable. At least make a point that any sane person may agree with.

Good try tho.

Mr. Jabbar
06-19-2013, 01:47 AM
montana with another gem :oldlol:

CarpeDiemKid
06-19-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm sick of your posts. You never back up anything and just go for shock value in titles. Yeah it was a great 11 minutes played by Lebron in the 4th but seriously you didn't even compare it to the flu game with any information or stats. So basically the fact is you = troll.

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
-Joins W.Unseld, M.Johnson, J.West, J.Worthy, and B. Russell as only players with triple-double in Finals elimination game.

-First with 30 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assist in Finals game since C. Barkley(93).

Spurs 4th quarter points: 19
LeBron 4th quarter points: 16

Most importantly......

Heat Win

http://i.imgur.com/yLTPH.jpg

Straight_Ballin
06-19-2013, 01:49 AM
Bailed out by Ray Allen 3.

Good effort tho.

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 01:49 AM
If Lebron had come through with under two minutes left, it mighta been.

But as of now, nope. Just a great game from Lebron, not legendary though.

But it's okay, Lebron's had other legendary playoff games that won't ever be forgotten.

Magic 32
06-19-2013, 01:50 AM
-Joins W.Unseld, M.Johnson, J.West, J.Worthy, and B. Russell as only players with triple-double in Finals elimination game.

-First with 30 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assist in Finals game since C. Barkley(93).

Most importantly......

Heat Win

http://global3.memecdn.com/virginity-lvl-90_o_232133.jpg

oh the horror
06-19-2013, 01:50 AM
This kid is allowed to freely post garbage trolling all the time. This is slowly becoming one of the worst sports message boards out there.

DetroitPistonFan
06-19-2013, 01:52 AM
:roll: OP is an idiot.

kamil

Most importantly......

Heat Win

Cool story bro. LeBron* is still a colluding flopper who needs superstars to sniff a ring and still struggles against scrubs.

6/6 > 1/3 + collusion + flopping

U mad as hell to be making so many threads trying to negate The GOAT, MJ.

sportjames23
Please kill yourself

This.

DuMa
06-19-2013, 01:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6jJgIFC.jpg

aspire
06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
I don't get these ridiculous Jordan comparisons. Can it please be stopped. James has nothing on Hakeem let alone Jordan.

kamil
06-19-2013, 01:56 AM
I don't get these ridiculous Jordan comparisons. Can it please be stopped. James has nothing on Hakeem let alone Jordan.

The LeBron* dickriders just won't stop... and TonyMontana is leading the herd.

It's like walking past a lineup of lawnchairs and tents in front of an Apple store 48 hours before an iPhone launch. These kids are losers.

Noob Saibot
06-19-2013, 01:57 AM

good shit Duma. Legendary picture. :bowdown:

Magic 32
06-19-2013, 02:03 AM
The LeBron* dickriders just won't stop... and TonyMontana is leading the herd.

It's like walking past a lineup of lawnchairs and tents in front of an Apple store 48 hours before an iPhone launch. These kids are losers.

Every generation of kids needs their hero to be the best.

Let's just hope that they grow up and realise that Jordan is The Beatles and their hero (Lebron) is Bono.

kamil
06-19-2013, 02:04 AM

Why is LeBron pulling on Duncan's jersey with his left hand?

Magic 32
06-19-2013, 02:16 AM
LeGOAT gonna LeGoat :rockon:

19 posts

wow

sportjames23
06-19-2013, 02:17 AM
LeGOAT gonna LeGoat :rockon:

Apr 2013 :facepalm

Ca$H
06-19-2013, 02:18 AM
OP Your mom should have swallowed you.

aspire
06-19-2013, 02:20 AM
The flu is a physically weakening condition, the headband just hides James' thinning hair

DFB
06-19-2013, 02:23 AM
Apr 2013 :facepalm

*Looks at Join Date* :hammerhead:

Straight_Ballin
06-19-2013, 02:24 AM
The flu is a physically weakening condition, the headband just hides James' thinning hair

epic post

/ISH

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 03:17 AM
All Jordan did in the flu game was score(38 points). His defense was suspect and he did nothing else to contribute.

LeBron was relied upon to SCORE(32 points), REBOUND(10), FACILITATE(11), defend the other teams top scorer(6-22 shooting by Tony Parker), and overcome a 15 point deficit created by the officials.

He did all of this with the other teams best player Tim Duncan(the best bigman in the league and probably a top 5 player ever) absolutely abusing the Heat teams weakness(interior defense!!!) for 30 points on 13-21 shooting. Karl Malone is famous for sucking in that game and getting absolutely held in check by the Bulls interior.

When you finally see that Jordan has the refs on his side and LeBron has to play against the refs who gave his team a 15 point deficit just for the hell of it, there is not a question which performance is more impressive.

TheMan
06-19-2013, 03:22 AM
Please kill yourself
This x 1000000000000000000000000000000000

oh and OP is a fakkit and should really kill himself, for real

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Headband game = greatest performance in sports history of the last 100 years. Easy.

TheMan
06-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Bailed out by Ray Ray doe

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Bailed out by Ray Ray doe

LeBron James: 32 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists

Ray Allen: 9 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists

:oldlol:

imdaman99
06-19-2013, 03:42 AM
everyone, i think its time to do what this poster was destined to become :applause:

click link and save braincells. you're welcome :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=286574

Round Mound
06-19-2013, 03:42 AM

-First with 30 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assist in Finals game since C. Barkley(93). Spurs 4th quarter points: 19

Most importantly......

Heat Win

:applause:

poido123
06-19-2013, 03:49 AM
Can the moderators ban this guy?

He is beyond annoying and is only posting this garbage to annoy other good posters on here and get a rise.

Heat won and Lebron played better, but carrying on with this GOAT nonsense is just ludicrous.

Graviton
06-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Guess you forgot the 4 crucial turnovers in that 4th quarter that almost gave the game away. But yea lets ignore that. :oldlol:

Guess you won't even give credit to Bosh for his amazing rebounding, clutch shotblocking and lockdown defense on Duncan in the 2nd half (Duncan was 2-8, had 0 points in 4th/overtime, couldn't get in position with tough Bosh fighting him). Few days ago you were dissing Bosh, propping up Horace ****ing Grant. There is no other big man I seen step up for his team in clutch situations with key plays more than Bosh, that includes 2012 and even 2011 playoffs. Whether it's rebounds, baskets, blocks, steals or the perfect defense and timing. Bosh gives you everything whenever you need it, he is a real winner and the ultimate teammate. Doesn't even complain about anything when he isn't utilized properly or given credit for his efforts. He is the best teammate for Lebron, they actually fit, they are both mentally tough and step up when their team needs them. :applause:

Wade can go **** himself though, dude almost cost them the game with his retarded, selfish plays and stupid jumpers from 15-18 feet early in the shotclock during the last few minutes of the game.

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 03:56 AM
Guess you forgot the 4 crucial turnovers in that 4th quarter that almost gave the game away. But yea lets ignore that. :oldlol:

Guess you won't even give credit to Bosh for his amazing rebounding, clutch shotblocking and lockdown defense on Duncan in the 2nd half (Duncan was 2-8, had 0 points in 4th/overtime, couldn't get in position with tough Bosh fighting him). Few days ago you were dissing Bosh, propping up Horace ****ing Grant. There is no other big man I seen step up for his team in clutch situations with key plays more than Bosh, that includes 2012 and even 2011 playoffs. Whether it's rebounds, baskets, blocks, steals or the perfect defense and timing. Bosh gives you everything whenever you need it, he is a real winner and the ultimate teammate. Doesn't even complain about anything when he isn't utilized properly or given credit for his efforts. He is the best teammate for Lebron, they actually fit, they are both mentally tough and step up when their team needs them. :applause:

Wade can go **** himself though, dude almost cost them the game with his retarded, selfish plays and stupid jumpers from 15-18 feet early in the shotclock during the last few minutes of the game.

Bosh was huge with the two OT blocks and the offensive rebound to Ray Allen. He played better at the end of the game when he made an effort to get inside.

He still got abused by Duncan for 30 points on 13-21 shooting. Don't really care when Duncan did his work, because he did it. 30 points is 30 points. I liked the Heats gameplan not to double him though. I'd rather have Duncan wear himself down trying to carry the team than let the Spurs shooters get on a roll.

Wade blows when his midrange game isn't working. And the only time it's been working for the past few months was the Game 4 of the Finals. I hope Miller and R. Allen get all of his minutes.

Graviton
06-19-2013, 04:03 AM
Bosh was huge with the two OT blocks and the offensive rebound to Ray Allen. He played better at the end of the game when he made an effort to get inside.

He still got abused by Duncan for 30 points on 13-21 shooting. Don't really care when Duncan did his work, because he did it. 30 points is 30 points. I liked the Heats gameplan not to double him though. I'd rather have Duncan wear himself down trying to carry the team than let the Spurs shooters get on a roll.

Wade blows when his midrange game isn't working. And the only time it's been working for the past few months was the Game 4 of the Finals. I hope Miller and R. Allen get all of his minutes.

You idiot it's not how you start, it's how you finish, that defines the heart of a champion. WTF did Duncan do when his team needed him most? Freaking nothing.

Wtf did Bosh do when his team needed him? PUT ON HIS BIG BOY PANTS AND DOMINATE HOWEVER HE COULD! Without Bosh Spurs would be celebrating their championship right now, he saved Lebron's legacy.

That's what you don't understand with Bosh, he is the toughest big man out there in clutch situations, his stats on paper may not look amazing but his impact on the court can be seen clearly. He did the same thing against OKC, and is doing it right now. He just does everything positive for his team that goes towards winning. But of course you are gonna just ignore all of his key plays and give all the credit to Lebron just to further your own agenda. Horace Grant and all. :oldlol:

Bosh should be the permanent #2 option, it's time to stop feeding Wade and his selfish ego.

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 04:30 AM
You idiot it's not how you start, it's how you finish

Every minute of the game is just as important. Points don't account for more if you score them in the 4th compared to the first.

Bosh should be the permanent #2 option, it's time to stop feeding Wade and his selfish ego.

Bosh can't create his own shot. And no it's not because "LeBron dominates the ball". Applies even when LeBron isn't playing. You can't give him the ball and watch him go to work like a guy like Tim Duncan does.

But thats not even his problem, I could care a less if he could create his own shot. Thats just a luxury.

His problem is consistency. For 80% of the time hes playing he is a glorified pick and pop shooter that gets abused on the defensive end. The other 20% of the time when he actually decides he wants to play inside(on both ends of the court) and play hard on defense diving for balls and blocking shots he is GREAT.

Wade gets a lot of credit for Game 4, but Bosh had an even better game. When Bosh is giving the team an inside presence, thats when the team is at their best. thats the teams main weakness.

uber
06-19-2013, 04:45 AM
Please kill yourself

/thread

Graviton
06-19-2013, 04:47 AM
Every minute of the game is just as important. Points don't account for more if you score them in the 4th compared to the first.

Bosh can't create his own shot. And no it's not because "LeBron dominates the ball". Applies even when LeBron isn't playing. You can't give him the ball and watch him go to work like a guy like Tim Duncan does.

But thats not even his problem, I could care a less if he could create his own shot. Thats just a luxury.

His problem is consistency. For 80% of the time hes playing he is a glorified pick and pop shooter that gets abused on the defensive end. The other 20% of the time when he actually decides he wants to play inside(on both ends of the court) and play hard on defense diving for balls and blocking shots he is GREAT.

Wade gets a lot of credit for Game 4, but Bosh had an even better game. When Bosh is giving the team an inside presence, thats when the team is at their best. thats the teams main weakness.

Dumbass, dont you understand, thats the point. Bosh ALWAYS steps up in elimination games, they have only lost a series in the playoffs once in 3 years, and in the one they lost Bosh actually played well. If Bosh was soft and disappeared when his team needed him, they wouldn't be so good. Even with Wade being a total net negative out there, Bosh and Lebron's heart and clutchness is putting them over the top.

And don't act like it's all Bosh's fault, Spo should be blamed as well for not using Bosh properly, he is the one telling Bosh to go camp at 3pt line so Wade/Bron can have space, he is the one drawing pick n pops for Bosh instead of posting him up or hitting him on the roll. When Bosh actually plays hard inside on both ends Heat are damn scary, because his defense is legit when he is motivated, he has all the skills needed for a big to make great impact. If he was given more than freaking 10-12 touches a game, he would showcase it. That's why he needs to be 2nd option over Wade, then you will see him be more consistent.

ripthekik
06-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Please kill yourself
ended the thread on the 2nd post right there.
this.

tazb
06-19-2013, 05:07 AM
Lmao I was just thinking, what's Kobe's legendary game in a Finals? The 6-24 game? :lol :facepalm

LeBron already has two in the Finals and other numerous ones in the playoffs and still counting. Can't recall any of Kobe's.

Wavy Crockett
06-19-2013, 05:09 AM
:oldlol: "Flu Game" That ***** Jordan had a hangover

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 05:19 AM

LOL, pretty much any hang over is gone the next day by about 5-6 in the evening.

Where the hell is a person going to get that sh*t faced in freaking Utah anyway? It's not like it's Vegas, and even in Vegas, I've partied straight through the night and drank to the point of being sick and still been good to go by early evening the next day.

funnystuff
06-19-2013, 05:31 AM
LOL, pretty much any hang over is gone the next day by about 5-6 in the evening.

Where the hell is a person going to get that sh*t faced in freaking Utah anyway? It's not like it's Vegas, and even in Vegas, I've partied straight through the night and drank to the point of being sick and still been good to go by early evening the next day.
They don't sell alcohol in Utah?

Wavy Crockett
06-19-2013, 05:35 AM

There's several factors to the length of a hangover.. Some last a couple hours, some a whole day. Anyway, if you have the flu you can barely get out of bed, much less play 48 minutes of basketball..

talkingconch
06-19-2013, 05:36 AM
there is no headband game, stop forcing lebron onto us

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 05:39 AM
There's several factors to the length of a hangover.. Some last a couple hours, some a whole day. Anyway, if you have the flu you can barely get out of bed, much less play 48 minutes of basketball..

I don't see it. Even harsh hang overs are out of the system by early evening the next day. Especially for a 220 pound athlete. There's no where to party in Utah anyway, so that doesn't make any sense.

I don't think he had the "flu", he had food poisoning, I thought that right away as he came out for warm ups.

Neither holds a candle to LeBron overcoming his male pattern baldness for a couple of quarters though.

Wavy Crockett
06-19-2013, 05:44 AM
I don't see it. Even harsh hang overs are out of the system by early evening the next day. Especially for a 220 pound athlete. There's no where to party in Utah anyway, so that doesn't make any sense.

I don't think he had the "flu", he had food poisoning.

Just because you assume there's no place to party in Utah means he couldn't get access to alcohol? The food poisoning thing is unlikely also; He would have been releasing his bowels and vomiting on the court.

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Just because you assume there's no place to party in Utah means he couldn't get access to alcohol? The food poisoning thing is unlikely also; He would have been releasing his bowels and vomiting on the court.

It just doesn't match up, why would you drink yourself to basically the verge of alcohol poisoning in Utah of all freaking places? :oldlol: Was there a Playboy party in town?

To be over 200+ pounds and be still hung over by 7 PM the next night is insane, lol, also we've never really seen that behavior from him before in other games, Jordan was generally the most stable game-in/game-out baller in the game. He was pretty much always ready to go for most games of his career, he decides to get sh*t faced to the point of looking like death before a pivotal NBA Finals game in the NBA city with the least party options? I just don't buy it.

Some idiot fan probably got word that some food was being sent up to his room and tampered with it. I've worked at a restaurant before, it's not hard to do at all. If you worked in a kitchen you could do it in 5 minutes.

Wavy Crockett
06-19-2013, 05:56 AM
It just doesn't match up, why would you drink yourself to basically the verge of alcohol poisoning in Utah of all freaking places? :oldlol: Was there a Playboy party in town?

To be over 200+ pounds and be still hung over by 7 PM the next night is insane, lol, also we've never really seen that behavior from him before in other games, Jordan was generally the most stable game-in/game-out baller in the game.

Some idiot fan probably got word that some food was being sent up to his room and tampered with it. I've worked at a restaurant before, it's not hard to do at all. If you worked in a kitchen you could do it in 5 minutes.

It's been known Jordan likes to gamble and drink. He was out 'til 3 am gambling in Atlantic City during the '93 ECF (down 0-2 might I add). The food poisoning thing doesn't add up either, he would be shitting himself if he got poisoned. All we can really do is speculate at this point, but it definitely wasn't the flu he caught.

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 06:00 AM
It's been known Jordan likes to gamble and drink. He was out 'til 3 am gambling in Atlantic City during the '93 ECF (down 0-2 might I add). The food poisoning thing doesn't add up either, he would be shitting himself if he got poisoned. All we can really do is speculate at this point, but it definitely wasn't the flu he caught.

He likes to gamble, but "drink" as in drink himself to the point of being hung over for a game ... never seen that from him or any evidence of him being alcoholic.

The amount you'd have to drink to be hung over the next day that late into the day is bordering on alcohol poisoning.

You can still perform tasks when food poisoned, it depends on how severe it is though. I'm sure athletes have played with the full on flu before too. The human body is adapted to be pushed to different levels.

Wavy Crockett
06-19-2013, 06:14 AM
He likes to gamble, but "drink" as in drink himself to the point of being hung over for a game ... never seen that from him or any evidence of him being alcoholic.

The amount you'd have to drink to be hung over the next day that late into the day is bordering on alcohol poisoning.

You can still perform tasks when food poisoned, it depends on how severe it is though. I'm sure athletes have played with the full on flu before too. The human body is adapted to be pushed to different levels.

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/michael_jordan2-306x400.jpg

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 06:16 AM
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/michael_jordan2-306x400.jpg

That's weed, dude, lol, and if he wants to do that after he retired, good for him.

I've never seen any evidence of him being drunk or hung over for any other game come tip off time ever.

If he was than he's actually 10x the athlete I thought he was, because he was dominating to that degree and playing drunk/hung over or with a drinking problem? LOL. That would be amazing.

To be honest I don't give two craps if a guy is doing lines of coke off a strippers tits 20 minutes before tip off, as long as they perform when it's game time. That said, the likelyhood of someone actually being good enough to dominate the NBA with a drinking or drug problem is bordering on impossible. The athletes in this league are simply too good.

sportjames23
06-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Look at this sorry ass Knicks fan questioning the GOAT.

It was reported back then that MJ had food poisoning from the hotel food. Someone said he had flu-like symptoms and NBC ran with it, calling it "The Flu Game".

Why the fvck would MJ get drunk during the Finals?

Wavy Crockett
06-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Look at this sorry ass Knicks fan questioning the GOAT.

It was reported back then that MJ had food poisoning from the hotel food. Someone said he had flu-like symptoms and NBC ran with it, calling it "The Flu Game".

Why the fvck would MJ get drunk during the Finals?

Why would MJ go gamble at 3 am down 0-2 during the Eastern Conference Finals?

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Why would MJ go gamble at 3 am down 0-2 during the Eastern Conference Finals?

Why not? Being out at 3 AM is not late if you can wake up at 12 PM and still have 6 hours before you have to go to "work".

Wavy Crockett
06-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Why not? Being out at 3 AM is not late if you can wake up at 12 PM and still have 6 hours before you have to go to "work".
Exactly, so this same excuse can be used for him drinking during the NBA Finals.

Soundwave
06-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Exactly, so this same excuse can be used for him drinking during the NBA Finals.

Yeah but staying up late in New York for a few hours versus getting alcohol poisoning in freaking Utah are two pretty different things. There's really nothing to suggest Jordan was an alcoholic.

If he was then he's GOAT by about 1000 country miles and no one is even close, to be able to dominate like that with a drinking problem would make him probably the greatest athlete ever period.

It means he was so dominant that no one could even touch him in this league when he drunk :lol

Food poisoning someone's meal really isn't that difficult either. Can be done very quickly by most kitchen staffs, most people have no idea what goes on in the kitchen, lol.

El Kabong
06-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Do you guys ever get sore jaws from opening your mouths so wide to make sure that you catch every drop of LeBrons load down your throat?

For ****s sake, yes, LeBron played well in the 4th (and you conveniently ignore all the bad things he did), but you guys way are so desperate to claim LeBron as the GOAT that you lose your minds anytime he does something.

delmar
06-19-2013, 08:02 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ripthekik
06-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Do you guys ever get sore jaws from opening your mouths so wide to make sure that you catch every drop of LeBrons load down your throat?

For ****s sake, yes, LeBron played well in the 4th (and you conveniently ignore all the bad things he did), but you guys way are so desperate to claim LeBron as the GOAT that you lose your minds anytime he does something.
this

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 08:39 AM
lol Not even close. One big difference is that Jordan wasn't invisible for 80% of the game.

LMAO @ people trying to paint this game as a Lebron victory. :oldlol: I don't care how many points he had in the 4th, he showed again that he is useless when he doesn't get his transition buckets or build up a head of steam going to the basket. Even last night when he finally scored a basket or two on a post-up in the 4th, it was because of Miami's epic spacing. Just Lebron on an island with no one within 10 feet of him. Anyone trying to paint last night as a Lebron victory is kidding themselves - dude exposed himself as a very limited player again, and was invisible for most of the game. Nearly every one of his baskets in the 4th came within 5 feet of the rim save for that late 3 - and that was after he clanked the first one.

Guy is just a very limited offensive player. All nonsensical talk (GOAT this, GOAT that) needs to die after this fail of a series where he has been wretched and/or invisible for like 80+% of the Finals. Real talk.

TheMan
06-19-2013, 09:17 AM
lol Not even close. One big difference is that Jordan wasn't invisible for 80% of the game.

LMAO @ people trying to paint this game as a Lebron victory. :oldlol: I don't care how many points he had in the 4th, he showed again that he is useless when he doesn't get his transition buckets or build up a head of steam going to the basket. Even last night when he finally scored a basket or two on a post-up in the 4th, it was because of Miami's epic spacing. Just Lebron on an island with no one within 10 feet of him. Anyone trying to paint last night as a Lebron victory is kidding themselves - dude exposed himself as a very limited player again, and was invisible for most of the game. Nearly every one of his baskets in the 4th came within 5 feet of the rim save for that late 3 - and that was after he clanked the first one.

Guy is just a very limited offensive player. All nonsensical talk (GOAT this, GOAT that) needs to die after this fail of a series where he has been wretched and/or invisible for like 80+% of the Finals. Real talk.
Let us not forget that if Leonard hits both FTs, people would be talking about how he was a turnover machine and looking lost on offense in the last minute, he would be getting crucified and labeled a choker. He better buy Allen a very expensive ring.

You Bron stans may fool casual fans but not those who know the game:oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Let us not forget that if Leonard hits both FTs, people would be talking about how he was a turnover machine and looking lost on offense in the last minute, he would be getting crucified and labeled a choker. He better buy Allen a very expensive ring.

You Bron stans may fool casual fans but not those who know the game:oldlol:

Seriously. These fans are blind. :oldlol:

Fact: he was invisible through 3 quarters, bricking shots (even open layups!) and looking scared. Then he gets some buckets in the 4th (most at the rim, with a few garbage/broken plays that went in his favor; also a couple of post-ups with no one anywhere near him due to Miami's spacing). Then he again starts clanking shots and committing crucial TO's (two TO's in the last 40 seconds of regulation and 3 in the final 3:00 - shades of the Pacers series) and is bailed out by his team's offensive rebounding and Ray Allen.

Sorry, but this dude is nowhere close to the GOAT. He was exposed this series to anyone with an objective eye. Limited game, mentally fragile. Invisible for 80% of a Finals series. Period.

deja vu
06-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Ya'll gonna act like LeBron didn't almost choke the game away in the final minutes?

deja vu
06-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Drunk and still dominate! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: GOAT

K Xerxes
06-19-2013, 09:39 AM
His game is Boston game 6. Considering what was on the line (he was still ringless), the choking the year before, and him almost single-handedly destroying the Celtics in 3 quarters... tough to top that.

The game he just played is nowhere near close to it. He was horrible in the first three quarters and almost cost them the game at the end. Credit to him for the comeback and that huge three, but comparing this to the flu game and Boston game 6? You kidding me, right?

chazzy
06-19-2013, 09:45 AM
The game he just played is nowhere near close to it. He was horrible in the first three quarters and almost cost them the game at the end. Credit to him for the comeback and that huge three, but comparing this to the flu game and Boston game 6? You kidding me, right?
Yeah, long term this game will be put up there with his game 6, but I thought he only played incredible for about 8 minutes in the 4th. He was dominant all throughout his game 6

El Kabong
06-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Seriously, if I were a Heat fan I'd be pissed all the LeBron fans are claiming he is the key to the victory while ignoring the clutch blocks and rebounds from Bosh, the 3 from Allen and even something like Anderson hitting his free throws.

I'd say LeBron did 2 really good things in the 4th. The block on Duncan and the 3 he hit (after massively bricking it on his previous attempt).

plowking
06-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Seriously, if I were a Heat fan I'd be pissed all the LeBron fans are claiming he is the key to the victory while ignoring the clutch blocks and rebounds from Bosh, the 3 from Allen and even something like Anderson hitting his free throws.

I'd say LeBron did 2 really good things in the 4th. The block on Duncan and the 3 he hit (after massively bricking it on his previous attempt).

I'm a long time Heat fan, and my thoughts are that Lebron spurred us to victory. He is the one that got us back into the game. His energy alone lifted this team. His 18 points or whatever it was in the 4th, and his impact on defense was the biggest point of the game. Yes, Ray Allen hit a 3, Bosh had blocks, and I for one realize this. But it was one player out there who got us to that point. That 8 minutes is some of the best basketball I've ever seen from a player. Looked possessed out there.

plowking
06-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Seriously. These fans are blind. :oldlol:

Fact: he was invisible through 3 quarters, bricking shots (even open layups!) and looking scared. Then he gets some buckets in the 4th (most at the rim, with a few garbage/broken plays that went in his favor; also a couple of post-ups with no one anywhere near him due to Miami's spacing). Then he again starts clanking shots and committing crucial TO's (two TO's in the last 40 seconds of regulation and 3 in the final 3:00 - shades of the Pacers series) and is bailed out by his team's offensive rebounding and Ray Allen.

Sorry, but this dude is nowhere close to the GOAT. He was exposed this series to anyone with an objective eye. Limited game, mentally fragile. Invisible for 80% of a Finals series. Period.

Typical Jordan idiot.
I remember when your main routine was to knock Kobe, not that you cared much. But you're actually trying to put Lebron down now. :oldlol:

Scared of the pending future, and your boy possibly being overshadowed by Lebron.

TheMan
06-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Typical Jordan idiot.
I remember when your main routine was to knock Kobe, not that you cared much. But you're actually trying to put Lebron down now. :oldlol:

Scared of the pending future, and your boy possibly being overshadowed by Lebron.

2011 Finals:no:

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 10:08 AM

2011 Finals:no:

Never mind that - THIS Finals has been a travesty for the supposed "greatest player in the world". :oldlol:

305Baller
06-19-2013, 10:09 AM
:cheers:

guy
06-19-2013, 10:10 AM
He had some great moments and he had some awful moments. He was so up and down throughout the game. If he had played the exact same and they had lost due to reasons that had nothing to do with him i.e. Manu and/or Kawai not missing FTs, Ray missing that 3, he would've been considered responsible and a choke artist for it and rightfully so cause of his horrible first 3 quarters and crucial turnovers at the end of the game. Its not an all-time great game if that would've been the response had the outcome been different with him having the exact same game. Sorry, it can't be. For the flu game, even if they had lost that game it still would've been considered an all-time great game, very much like Isiah's twisted ankle game is still considered an all-time great game despite them losing.

plowking
06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Never mind that - THIS Finals has been a travesty for the supposed "greatest player in the world". :oldlol:

Much like the 96 Finals for the supposed best player then at the time. :oldlol:

guy
06-19-2013, 10:15 AM

I definitely don't think he's that limited. He's clearly had better games where he's shown that he's more capable then that. He's just incredibly mentally fragile, which makes him play like shit at the worst times. That is the biggest reason why the GOAT talk is ridiculous.

Indian guy
06-19-2013, 10:15 AM

I'm not seeing how 23/10/8/43% against a #3 ranked defense in a tied series is a "travesty". Just how much of a travesty do you consider the '96 Finals for MJ then?

305Baller
06-19-2013, 10:18 AM
LeBron played OK for his standards. It was a team effort.

guy
06-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Much like the 96 Finals for the supposed best player then at the time. :oldlol:

1 bad finals out of 6 is not comparable to 3 bad finals out of 4 :oldlol:

plowking
06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
1 bad finals out of 6 is not comparable to 3 bad finals out of 4 :oldlol:

23/11/8 is bad? :oldlol:

Leading scorer in the series, second leading rebounder, most assists, most steals... etc.

dh144498
06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Heat didn't win because of LEbron. In fact, it was Lebron that almost cost the Heat the game with his unclutch turnover and unclutch shooting. Ray Allen, the greatest 3 point shooter of all time, bailed his azz out.

juju151111
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm not seeing how 23/10/8/43% against a #3 ranked defense in a tied series is a "travesty". Just how much of a travesty do you consider the '96 Finals for MJ then?
The bulls were up 3-0 in that series. Not even close to the something

K Xerxes
06-19-2013, 10:25 AM

Leading scorer in the series, second leading rebounder, most assists, most steals... etc.

On 43% shooting and less than 30% 3PT...

Take out the statpadding he did in game 2, 3 and 4, and you're looking at around 20 points on 40%.

But, ultimately, if he pulls this series out with a huge game 7 (after a 30 point triple double in game 6) and FMVP... yeah, he's saved his series. The fact that every other star has struggled too doesn't hurt him either.

guy
06-19-2013, 10:25 AM

What series have you been watching? Stats are misleading. Always have been cause there's no context attached to it. There's no way this has been a good series for someone of his standards. No need to refer to stats when its pretty fresh in our memory.

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 10:27 AM

Most of his production has come when his team was up big. He has consistently disappeared when the game is at all in question, and has been invisible for 80% of the series. He's looked completely lost on offense despite the Spurs playing the weakest defense ever on him (Splitter? Diaw? :oldlol: Giving him 6-10 feet of cushion at all times even inside the arc? :oldlol:).

I'm not sure how anyone can try to defend how ineffective and neutered he's looked this series. This guy is USELESS when he doesn't get to build up a head of steam going to the basket.

guy
06-19-2013, 10:31 AM
On 43% shooting and less than 30% 3PT...

Take out the statpadding he did in game 2, 3 and 4, and you're looking at around 20 points on 40%.

But, ultimately, if he pulls this series out with a huge game 7 (after a 30 point triple double in game 6) and FMVP... yeah, he's saved his series. The fact that every other star has struggled too doesn't hurt him either.

This. He'd obviously deserve it because no one else has really stood out, and the Heat have relied on numerous different players in each win. That doesn't mean he's had a good series for someone of his standards. Its not like that would be the first time its happened.

plowking
06-19-2013, 10:32 AM
What series have you been watching? Stats are misleading. Always have been cause there's no context attached to it. There's no way this has been a good series for someone of his standards. No need to refer to stats when its pretty fresh in our memory.

Every single star is playing bad. Its that type of series. In Jordan's case it was just him. While Kemp, Rodman, Payton, etc were all balling.

Frozen1
06-19-2013, 10:34 AM
I think some lebron stans only watch the box score.

If you take away his stat padding in games 2 and 4, he would be around 20 PPG on a less FG%.

Jax
06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Heat didn't win because of LEbron. In fact, it was Lebron that almost cost the Heat the game with his unclutch turnover and unclutch shooting. Ray Allen, the greatest 3 point shooter of all time, bailed his azz out.
How did he bail him out if Its a team game? :biggums:

Indian guy
06-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Most of his production has come when his team was up big.

Care to give an example? I can somewhat understand Game 2, although he was basically involved in every single play when Miami blew it open, but other than that, in which game has "most" of his production occurred with the game out of reach? His efficient triple-double in Game 1 came with the contest being competitive all night. He was awful throughout Game 3, a game that got out of reach pretty early, so no stat-padding there. He was fantastic in Game 4 from start to end. His best stretch in game 5 actually came when the game was at its most competitive(first half). His best stretch in Game 6 came when Miami needed him most. Where's the stat-padding??

He has consistently disappeared when the game is at all in question

The only 2 "close" games of this series have been Game 1 and Game 6. He was quiet in Game 1, and scored 18 points and basically assisted on all the other baskets too in the 4th + OT of Game 6.

and has been invisible for 80% of the series.

Which basically implies he has been invisible for more than 3 of the 4 qtrs of every game. Yet somehow, he has achieved averages of 23/11/8/43% against an elite defense? Something doesn't add up.

I'm not sure how anyone can try to defend how ineffective and neutered he's looked this series.

I think fear of current/future MJ comparisons have tainted how you're viewing him. One sub-par series is NOT going to alter LeBron's legacy. When you've achieved as much as him, you've earned comparisons to the GOAT. He has still had a fantastic regular season, has been the best player of the playoffs and if he manages to lead his team to a Game 7 victory with a good game, a fairly decent finals too. That would complete a 2 year run that can only be matched by 2 players in NBA history. How do you discredit him then?

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Every single star is playing bad. Its that type of series. In Jordan's case it was just him. While Kemp, Rodman, Payton, etc were all balling.

lmao @ you even mentioning Jordan's name next to this clown. Dude has been completely exposed this series. Completely. Invisible. Dared to score and looks lost.

TheMan
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Just look at the FG%, :oldlol:

BBallZen83
06-19-2013, 10:46 AM
For Christ's sakes people. Where is the middle ground. Lebron came up huge in the 4th quarter with that run to give them a lead. For some reason, god knows why, Spoelstra went away from the line up that was working and almost cost the game. Lebron had 2 HUGE turnovers that also almost cost us the game, BUT he had a HUGE 3 that even put ray in position to hit that game tying shot. See how that works people. intellectual honesty without a stupid and immature agenda.

plowking
06-19-2013, 10:47 AM
lmao @ you even mentioning Jordan's name next to this clown. Dude has been completely exposed this series. Completely. Invisible. Dared to score and looks lost.

Whatever.

Jordan clearly always got the best of the defense, and never had bad series.

guy
06-19-2013, 10:47 AM

Ummm, no. Rodman was great on the boards. Thats it. The whole team shot like shit. Jordan overall was aggressive and still shot as well as the rest of his team. The exact opposite is true of Lebron in this series.

And as far as the rest of the stars go, Pippen was much worse offensively then Jordan. Payton did not play well either. Kemp had a good series, but his series wasn't any better then Duncan's.

We aren't talking just about every single star. We're not comparing Lebron to Tony Parker, a 37 year old Duncan, or a broken down Wade. Just like we weren't comparing Jordan to Kemp, Payton, or Rodman.

Ne 1
06-19-2013, 10:48 AM
I want Miami to win more because I've become a bigger LeBron fan than a Bulls fan over the years.

:coleman:

guy
06-19-2013, 10:52 AM
The only 2 "close" games of this series have been Game 1 and Game 6. He was quiet in Game 1, and scored 18 points and basically assisted on all the other baskets too in the 4th + OT of Game 6.

He said when the game is at all in question, so you can't just look at the final box score and say its only been close in 2 games. The game was somewhat close at some point in every game including games 2-5, only for it to be blown open sometime before the 4th, with Lebron being passive and/or shooting like shit and doing nothing about it when the Spurs did that in their wins.

guy
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
It boggles my mind how people can rely on stats to judge a player's performance when the game is right in front of you. Its somewhat understandable, not necessarily excusable though, to do it when years have gone by, but the series is still going on :oldlol: Its not that hard to see he's been bad for his standards.

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
It boggles my mind how people can rely on stats to judge a player's performance when the game is right in front of you. Its somewhat understandable, not necessarily excusable though, to do it when years have gone by, but the series is still going on :oldlol: Its not that hard to see he's been bad for his standards.

If you're talking about Lebron then wtf. He's been better than his stats indicate, since the stats don't include his defense and in games 1 and 2 the fact that San Antonio had their whole defense geared to guard him.

And last night in the fourth quarter, there were plays that he didn't get credited with the assist, but he was the one who drew the double team and created the plays. And of course his defense on Parker isn't seen in any statistic.

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Which basically implies he has been invisible for more than 3 of the 4 qtrs of every game. Yet somehow, he has achieved averages of 23/11/8/43% against an elite defense? Something doesn't add up.

Elite defense? You really are going to sit there are act like the Spurs have played "elite defense" on Lebron this series? :oldlol: If they guarded MJ like this he'd average 40 ppg on 55% shooting. I guess guarding him with pudgepots like Diaw and 7-footers like Splitter while giving him a 7-9 foot cushion at all times is "elite defense."

Blue&Orange
06-19-2013, 11:29 AM
In 13 games Lebron had 8 minutes against the Pacers where he dominated, and had 8 minutes against the Spurs where he dominated, everything else it's been mediocrity, stat padding and being carried by his teammates. Lebron isn't Tiago Splitter.

guy
06-19-2013, 11:29 AM
If you're talking about Lebron then wtf. He's been better than his stats indicate, since the stats don't include his defense and in games 1 and 2 the fact that San Antonio had their whole defense geared to guard him.

And last night in the fourth quarter, there were plays that he didn't get credited with the assist, but he was the one who drew the double team and created the plays. And of course his defense on Parker isn't seen in any statistic.

Defense geared towards him? They're giving him free jumpshots, which he's mostly been been bricking, and guarding him effectively with fat slow Boris Diaw a good chunk of the time. Not to mention he's missing alot of the easy opportunities at the rim he has been getting anyway, and he's only shooting 5 FTAs per game, which shows how not aggressive he's been.

His defense last night was great, and in spots throughout the series, but its been nothing thats really worth noting.

TheMan
06-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Elite defense? You really are going to sit there are act like the Spurs have played "elite defense" on Lebron this series? :oldlol: If they guarded MJ like this he'd average 40 ppg on 55% shooting. I guess guarding him with pudgepots like Diaw and 7-footers like Splitter while giving him a 7-9 foot cushion at all times is "elite defense."

ripthekik
06-19-2013, 11:39 AM

hey lebron fans, we actually watched the game. We know how he played this series. It's not what his stats say. Don't think everyone is so easy to fool :oldlol:

plowking
06-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Defense geared towards him? They're giving him free jumpshots, which he's mostly been been bricking, and guarding him effectively with fat slow Boris Diaw a good chunk of the time. Not to mention he's missing alot of the easy opportunities at the rim he has been getting anyway, and he's only shooting 5 FTAs per game, which shows how not aggressive he's been.

His defense last night was great, and in spots throughout the series, but its been nothing thats really worth noting.

Hedging two big men to the side of the court Lebron's on every time is called gearing a defense towards a certain player. He barely ever has a lane to drive.

Young X
06-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Comparing Lebron in this games/series to MJ is a joke. Can anyone imagine MJ struggling against Boris Diaw?

Stop comparing this frontrunner to Jordan, MJ would COOK this Spurs team.

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Hedging two big men to the side of the court Lebron's on every time is called gearing a defense towards a certain player. He barely ever has a lane to drive.

And yet they're giving him 7-9 feet of space even inside the arc. Why does he not trust his midrange jumper? Why can't he take a pullup J? Why does he look like a deer in headlights when he can't get his patented head of steam and barrel to the basket? In short: why is he useless when he can't get to the rim? GOAT? My ass. :oldlol:

madmax
06-19-2013, 11:55 AM
are OldSchool and guy the two most insecure Jordan ******gers on this board or what now?:lol I know they have some competition here, but the bitterness and venom coming from these two is pretty hilarious to read...LMAO

guy
06-19-2013, 11:56 AM
are OldSchool and guy the two most insecure Jordan ******gers on this board or what now?:lol I know they have some competition here, but the bitterness and venom coming from these two is pretty hilarious to read...LMAO

Where am I wrong?

chosen_wun
06-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Nothing close to the flu game. It was a good game tho.

rhythmic
06-19-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't care about comparing LeBron's performance to MJ's etc., but I will say he stepped for his team and delivered in the 4th.

Great performance, props to LeBron!!!

guy
06-19-2013, 11:58 AM

UNCONTESTED JUMPSHOTS :oldlol:

there really isn't much else to say :oldlol:

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 12:00 PM

Defense isn't just one guy guarding one guy.

Every time there was a possibility of him driving into the paint, there were Spurs players overcommitting to his side.

I'll give you video of it when I'm home if you want.

plowking
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Comparing Lebron in this games/series to MJ is a joke. Can anyone imagine MJ struggling against Boris Diaw?

Why throw out bullshit like this? Jordan averaged 27ppg on 41% shooting against the Sonics in 96. Lebron would have destroyed that team. 30ppg triple doubles while shooting 55%.

See how easy that was?

guy
06-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Nothing close to the flu game. It was a good game tho.

This. I'd say overall he had a good game, but its hardly even close to an all-time great game. No reason for it to be compared to Jordan's flu game or many of his other games, and there's also no reason for it to be compared to many of even Lebron's games.

nathanjizzle
06-19-2013, 12:03 PM
6:13- tie game (82-82)
5:28 - lebron makes 1 of 2 free throws (82-85)
4:45- lebron makes driving layup (84-87)
4:01- lebron misses 17 foot shot (84-87)
3:17- lebron offensive charge, turnover (84-87)
1:27- parker makes 26 foot jumper over lebron to tie the game (89-89)
:39- lebron turnover (91-89)
:28- lebron bad pass, turnover (93-89)
:23- lebron misses 26 foot 3 (94-89)
:20- mike miller offensive board, lebron makes 3 pointer (94-92)
:07- lebron misses 26 foot 3 pointer (95-92)
:05- ray allen hits 3 to tie the game.

plowking
06-19-2013, 12:07 PM
6:13- tie game (82-82)
5:28 - lebron makes 1 of 2 free throws (82-85)
4:45- lebron makes driving layup (84-87)
4:01- lebron misses 17 foot shot (84-87)
3:17- lebron offensive charge, turnover (84-87)
1:27- parker makes 26 foot jumper over lebron to tie the game (89-89)
:39- lebron turnover (91-89)
:28- lebron bad pass, turnover (93-89)
:23- lebron misses 26 foot 3 (94-89)
:20- mike miller offensive board, lebron makes 3 pointer (94-92)
:07- lebron misses 26 foot 3 pointer (95-92)
:05- ray allen hits 3 to tie the game.

How did Heat get to tie game? That's crazy after being down 12!!!

I missed the game, can you post the play by play for that bit as well?

guy
06-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Defense isn't just one guy guarding one guy.

Every time there was a possibility of him driving into the paint, there were Spurs players overcommitting to his side.

I'll give you video of it when I'm home if you want.

Well I never said it was.

All the analysts have been saying the same thing. There's no reason for him to not be aggressive and not get to the foul line more and that the Spurs have been giving him open jumpshots that he should be hitting. I don't know what world some people are living in trying to excuse that.

Young X
06-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Why throw out bullshit like this? Jordan averaged 27ppg on 41% shooting against the Sonics in 96. Lebron would have destroyed that team. 30ppg triple doubles while shooting 55%.

See how easy that was?
So you're comparing that Sonics defense to the Spurs giving Lebron FREE JUMPSHOTS and guarding him with 400 pound Boris Diaw? No way Lebron plays that well vs. the Sonics especially when you consider how bad/mediocre he plays in the Finals.

Bottom line MJ would COOK this Spurs team BADLY.

Andrei89
06-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Yes. I am also waiting for him to post the play by play on how the hell the Heat got back into this.. :confusedshrug:

Note that he also left out his 3 pointer with 20 seconds left...

plowking
06-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Bottom line MJ would COOK this Spurs team BADLY.

Yep. And Lebron would destroy the Sonics team.

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 12:11 PM

And Lebron tore up Paul George, a second team all-defender.

He also hasn't done bad against Kawhi Leonard in this series.

He also did fine against Sefalosha in last year's Finals.

Diaw guarded him well for 20 minutes of Game 5 and 10 minutes of Game 6 until last night's fourth quarter happened and Lebron took advantage of it.

So I just listed 3 good to great defenders that Lebron has done well against. You listed 1 that he has done poorly against.

If Boris Diaw was the only player in the NBA, then yeah, I'd take MJ easily over Lebron and there'd be no comparison. MJ would drill mid range jumpers over Diaw and his cushion all day. But, there are 300 players in the league at any one time. Diaw is just one of them.

Young X
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Yep. And Lebron would destroy the Sonics team.
Not when you consider how terrible he plays in the Finals (for his standards).

Bandito
06-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah Ray Allen was awesome in that headband game.

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 12:26 PM
This dude was 1-9 from the field and had 9 points from the 4:45 mark of the first quarter through the end of the 3rd quarter (that's 31+ minutes of game time, in case you're wondering) and people say that he hasn't disappeared and/or been rendered ineffective for long stretches? People have the nerve to act like this series has been a good one? :oldlol:

K Xerxes
06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Here's the thing. We don't expect LeBron to come out with all time great games every night, or even every playoffs. He has already given us (arguably) two 10 top all time performances (Game 5 vs Detroit and Game 6 vs Boston - the latter is in my top 5). We just expect him to deliver consistently. It shouldn't require trailing 10 points in an elimination game to get this guy to be ultra aggressive. That's just mindboggling. He has underperformed this finals - and post season - and this is after a regular season where people were starting to compare him to Jordan.

For all intents and purposes, he had a very good game tonight and if he leads the Heat to the victory on Thursday, his incredibly mediocre finals will get shrugged under the carpet in a few years time. But it really shouldn't have been this difficult and LeBron should have played better.

Sarcastic
06-19-2013, 01:25 PM
What's lost in this is that Jordan doesn't even know what it means to face elimination in the finals, because he eliminated everyone he faced. Game 6 was elimination for the other team.

STATUTORY
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM

but as soon as the game got close Bron reverted back to the same scared, shot bricking, deferer that his legacy is built on. It was ray allen that got his team over that hump.

1~Gibson~1
06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
people are overrating lebrons game alot.

if it wasnt for ray allen, lebrons legacy is ruined. simple as that.agreed. a lot of people are just caught in the moment. you cant really compare playing basketball without a headband to playing with the flu :facepalm

kamil
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
agreed. a lot of people are just caught in the moment. you cant really compare playing basketball without a headband to playing with the flu :facepalm

It was actually food poisoning, I think Marv Albert even called it as 'flu-like symptons'

Apparently MJ and his trainer ordered pizza the night before and everyone had the same stuff except for MJ, and he got sick.

That game however, compared to LeBron's* desperation game 6 is without a fcking headband is still nothing compared to what MJ did.

Still goes to show, MJ is the vastly superior GOAT, never once being eliminated in finals, and never once allowing a game 7. Dude was driving to the lane and SCORING at will, where as LeBron* is missing those same drives.

I'm getting really fcking tired of LeBron*-stans raving about this beta-MJ.

KG215
06-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Here's the thing. We don't expect LeBron to come out with all time great games every night, or even every playoffs. He has already given us (arguably) two 10 top all time performances (Game 5 vs Detroit and Game 6 vs Boston - the latter is in my top 5). We just expect him to deliver consistently. It shouldn't require trailing 10 points in an elimination game to get this guy to be ultra aggressive. That's just mindboggling. He has underperformed this finals - and post season - and this is after a regular season where people were starting to compare him to Jordan.

For all intents and purposes, he had a very good game tonight and if he leads the Heat to the victory on Thursday, his incredibly mediocre finals will get shrugged under the carpet in a few years time. But it really shouldn't have been this difficult and LeBron should have played better.
Bingo. The first 8 or 9 minutes (until Wade came back in) of the 4th quarter was the first time this series I felt like I was watching the regular season/MVP version of LeBron. Why did it take being down 10 in the 4th quarter with your season on in the line to finally wake-up? I mean give him his props for at least showing up with aggression when he did, because he dominated most of the 4th quarter; but it shouldn't have come to that for the "real" LeBron to finally show up in the f***ing Finals.

I've said it several times, and it may sound stupid, but the best way to describe his Finals so far is that he's been consistently underwhelming. He's not delivering, dominating, or even trying for long stretches of games, and it's perplexing since he has all the talent and physical advantages in the world.

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Bingo. The first 8 or 9 minutes (until Wade came back in) of the 4th quarter was the first time this series I felt like I was watching the regular season/MVP version of LeBron. Why did it take being down 10 in the 4th quarter with your season on in the line to finally wake-up? I mean give him his props for at least showing up with aggression when he did, because he dominated most of the 4th quarter; but it shouldn't have come to that for the "real" LeBron to finally show up in the f***ing Finals.

I've said it several times, and it may sound stupid, but the best way to describe his Finals so far is that he's been consistently underwhelming. He's not delivering, dominating, or even trying for long stretches of games, and it's perplexing since he has all the talent and physical advantages in the world.

Then you are not very good with your basketball judgement, because Lebron had 13 points and 3 assists in those 8 minutes combined with great defense.

That is not just regular season MVP basketball.

That projects to 65 points and 15 assists per game for 40 minutes played. I don't think I remember any MVP ever doing that.

Watching that brilliance and then coming out with the conclusion of "hey, it's about time he played like his regular season MVP self" is highly perplexing and not very intelligent.

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
What's lost in this is that Jordan doesn't even know what it means to face elimination in the finals, because he eliminated everyone he faced. Game 6 was elimination for the other team.

Thats what happens when you have the best coach of all-time, another MVP caliber player in Scottie, and the best rebounder in NBA History in Rodman while no other teams talent on the roster can even compare.

LeBrons team was in a hole because of the refs. Once the refs started letting the Heat actually play they took off.

For the kids playing that Ray Allen card, thats basketball deal with it. If Tony Parker doesn't make a lucky three pointer defended beautifully by LeBron it isn't needed in the first place.

Trollsmasher
06-19-2013, 02:32 PM
It was Jordan that kept them out of the G7 in 93 right? Oh wait...

Nuff Said
06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
but as soon as the game got close Bron reverted back to the same scared, shot bricking, deferer that his legacy is built on. It was ray allen that got his team over that hump.

Lebron made 1/2 late threes that out Miami in the game and he was screaming his ass off to get the ball for the last shot but ray Allen took the shot instead. Ray even said he saw lebron but he wanted the shot for himself.

Sarcastic
06-19-2013, 02:36 PM
It was Jordan that kept them out of the G7 in 93 right? Oh wait...

Yea he put up 33/8/7 on 50% in game 6 to end the series vs the Suns.

Nuff Said
06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
How is this called the headband game if he played without the headband?

Trollsmasher
06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Yea he put up 33/8/7 on 50% in game 6 to end the series vs the Suns.
Hitting the gamewinner or at least having a hand in the play, right?:lol

Sarcastic
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Thats what happens when you have the best coach of all-time, another MVP caliber player in Scottie, and the best rebounder in NBA History in Rodman while no other teams talent on the roster can even compare.

LeBrons team was in a hole because of the refs. Once the refs started letting the Heat actually play they took off.

For the kids playing that Ray Allen card, thats basketball deal with it. If Tony Parker doesn't make a lucky three pointer defended beautifully by LeBron it isn't needed in the first place.

Phil Jackson only became the best coach of all time because he coached Jordan, and then because of the work he did with Jordan, he got the Laker job to lead Shaq. Jordan made Phil, just as he made Scottie Pippen, who was probably the weakest minded player ever. Dude was petrified of the Pistons and the Knicks during those runs. He is a career 16 point per game scorer. Wade is a legitimate superstar that has carried Lebron through most of the meaningful moments of this series.

Wade/Bosh >>>>> Pippen/Rodman or Grant.

KG215
06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Then you are not very good with your basketball judgement, because Lebron had 13 points and 3 assists in those 8 minutes combined with great defense.
You're reading comprehension is just awful. I said those 8-9 minutes of the 4th quarter was the first time this series I felt like the regular season (where he was phenomenal)/MVP version of LeBron showed up. Meaning that was the first time I thought LeBron was playing loose, attacking, and imposing his will on the game like no other player in the NBA is capable of doing.

It wasn't a knock and I have no idea how you read it that way, but whatever.

That projects to 65 points and 15 assists per game for 40 minutes played. I don't think I remember any MVP ever doing that.

The f**k are you talking about? I'm sure you could find plenty of players that had around 13 points and 3 assists in an 8-9 minute stretch in a crucial 4th quarter of an NBA Finals game. I don't what the hell the projections are all about, because he didn't have 65 points and 15 assists. He stepped-up, and played like the MVP he is in the 4th quarter last night.

Watching that brilliance and then coming out with the conclusion of "hey, it's about time he played like his regular season MVP self" is highly perplexing and not very intelligent.
I'm not implying he should average 65 points and 15 assists per game, dubmass. I'm saying that was the first time this series I felt he was aggressive on the offensive end and actively looking to impose his will instead of being passive because he couldn't make jumpers. With the 3 shooters (Allen, Miller, and Chlamers) on the floor and Wade on the bench, he had adequate space, yes, but he also posted up hard a few times, and attacked the basket.

That's what I meant by the "MVP/regular season version" of LeBron. That was the first time this series, with the game on the line, he stepped up in the 4th quarter and just imposed his will. Quit being so damn protective and sensitive.

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Hitting the gamewinner or at least having a hand in the play, right?:lol

No, scoring every Chicago point in the 4th besides the game winner was enough.

KG215
06-19-2013, 02:47 PM
:confusedshrug:

Jordan didn't have the best rebounder of all-time when he won his first 3 championships and was averaging 31-6-11-3 on 56% FG; 36-5-7-2 on 53% FG; and 41-9-6-2 on 51% in the Finals. And I'm pretty sure Wade was still an MVP caliber player in 2011 when LeBron failed to win a ring. Probably could sa the same thing to a lesser extent in 2012, but obviously not so much about this year. Although he was very good in the regular season before he got hurt.

And if we're talking about most talent in the league, who the f**k has as much talent as the Heat? Not only do they have best top-end talent in the league with their Big 3, not many teams have the same caliber of quality depth they have. The Heat are the most talented team in the league right now.

Rake2204
06-19-2013, 02:48 PM
The last time James did not wear a headband for an NBA game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kl0Z-6HLlw

KG215
06-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Just gotta ride this one out and let the LeBron fanboys have their fun. His best games in this series have essentially been what Jordan was averaging in the Finals throughout the first 3-peat; just with more rebounding but a lot worse efficiency.

guy
06-19-2013, 02:55 PM

That is not just regular season MVP basketball.

:oldlol: WHAT THE ****

Trollsmasher
06-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Well, that obviously was not enough, because they would lose:lol

Trollsmasher
06-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Just gotta ride this one out and let the LeBron fanboys have their fun. His best games in this series have essentially been what Jordan was averaging in the Finals throughout the first 3-peat; just with more rebounding but a lot worse efficiency.
You are not handling it well though:lol

Such butthurtness

K Xerxes
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM

He was on a Boston game 6 tear in that 4th quarter stretch. I give him credit for showing up in elimination games as well as anybody in history, but he needs to stop being so reactionary and impose his will earlier on in a series to prevent it getting to this situation.

Ultimately, it's his mentality. I just get the feeling that he doesn't want to dominate on his own and he doesn't want to marginalise his team mates. He's too sensitive. I think that Wade comment after Indiana got to him - he went out of his way being passive to get others involved when it really wasn't the time for that. And he gets too easily discouraged when things aren't going his way - until it actually do or die (in these last two years).

The LeBron that says '**** it, to hell with this' is probably the best player I've ever seen along with Jordan. If only he could reach into it more, we'd be looking at a real contender for GOAT. As it stands, even if he wins, he's still not close and I don't think he ever will be.

guy
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM

Jordan didn't have the best rebounder of all-time when he won his first 3 championships and was averaging 31-6-11-3 on 56% FG; 36-5-7-2 on 53% FG; and 41-9-6-2 on 51% in the Finals. And I'm pretty sure Wade was still an MVP caliber player in 2011 when LeBron failed to win a ring. Probably could sa the same thing to a lesser extent in 2012, but obviously not so much about this year. Although he was very good in the regular season before he got hurt.

And if we're talking about most talent in the league, who the f**k has as much talent as the Heat? Not only do they have best top-end talent in the league with their Big 3, not many teams have the same caliber of quality depth they have. The Heat are the most talented team in the league right now.

I've always said this. The supporting casts of championship teams that are built around one great player usually get overrated as time goes by (same thing can be said about the great players themselves, but I wouldn't say its to the same degree). 15-20 years from now, no one is going to remember how bad Wade and Bosh have been in these playoffs and the numerous times they have disappeared in games, and the same can be said about their role players. Just like today, no one remembers the times Pippen or the Bulls' role players disappeared in games. All people will do will look at boxscores and conclude he had enough help every single game and didn't have to put his team on his back numerous times, just like how people do today with Jordan.

Shit, just last year Wade put up 23/5/4 in the playoffs, and people just generally ignore his stats cause the performance is fresh in their memory and say Lebron carried the Heat. 15-20 years from now, people will look at his stats and his total resume in general and call him one of the greatest 2nd options ever, specifically pointing to that run.

Now, I'm not saying its one extreme or the other i.e. Jordan/Lebron carried their teams singlehandedly to the title or they had all the help in the world. I think its usually somewhere in the middle.

DMAVS41
06-19-2013, 03:20 PM

This. Relative to their competition...the Heat are stacked.

Why? They are essentially slumping...and are still going to ****ing win the title. It's a testament to 3 things.

1. The greatness of Lebron
2. Their stacked team
3. Relatively weak competition

diamenz
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
montana's 'jordan is overrated thread' seemed to be dying out, so he had to troll again.

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lebron-flop-2.gif

KG215
06-19-2013, 03:39 PM
[/B]

This. Relative to their competition...the Heat are stacked.

Why? They are essentially slumping...and are still going to ****ing win the title. It's a testament to 3 things.

1. The greatness of Lebron
2. Their stacked team
3. Relatively weak competition
OKC comes the closest in terms of matching their top-end talent, but they don't have the depth the Heat have. And teams like the Nuggets and Spurs have as good or better depth, but don't have the star power the Heat have. There's not a team in the league, in my opinion, that comes close to matching the Heat in terms of talent. They've not only got elite "star power" they've got VERY good depth comparatively speaking.

After ther Big 3, they've got some very high quality role players in Chalmers, Allen, Battier, Miller, Andersen, Haslem, and Andersen; who, collectively, give you about every thing you need to support 3 stars like LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Now, Miami's 2 best players don't fit well together, but this supporting case his VERY good, especially when you start comparing it to other teams in the league. I'd trade OKC's 4-12 players for Miami's without hesitation.

And like you said, the Heat have essentially been "slumping" the last 2 rounds and they're still probably going to win a ring. 2/3rds of their Big 3 were wildly inconsistent and LeBron had to carry them in the ECF; and in the Finals all 3 have been inconsistent and bad at times. Go back to 2011 and Bosh, the 3rd option, averaged 18.6 PPG and 8.5 RPG in the playoffs; but the supporting cast and depth wasn't nearly as good as it is in 2013. The Miami front-office has done a very good job of surrounding James, Wade, and Bosh.

They still have their flaws in that their 2 best players aren't the best fit, and they can be attacked inside, but they're still the most talented team in the league 1-10, and I'm not the 2nd most talented team is even all that close.

KobesFinger
06-19-2013, 03:46 PM
It's up there with the legendary cramp game from last year.

You're a LeBron stan but that sounds like sarcasm

dh144498
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
everytime I look at this thread, it reminds me of the "Jordan is the most overrated" thread, and all this remind me of how effing retarded TonyMontana and all his lebron stan followers in this thread are. :oldlol:

chazzy
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Biggest knock on Lebron this series is his refusal to take the open jumpers being conceded to him and his massive dropoff in efficiency. Lebron shot a 64 TS% in the regular season and has shot 49 TS% in the finals. I'm not sure when the last time I've seen a superstar shoot that poorly, let alone have that kind of dropoff. He's had 2 great games, 3 bad ones, one solid game. Last night was arguably the only game he was the best player on the floor.

TonyMontana
06-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Phil Jackson only became the best coach of all time because he coached Jordan, and then because of the work he did with Jordan, he got the Laker job to lead Shaq. Jordan made Phil, just as he made Scottie Pippen, who was probably the weakest minded player ever. Dude was petrified of the Pistons and the Knicks during those runs. He is a career 16 point per game scorer. Wade is a legitimate superstar that has carried Lebron through most of the meaningful moments of this series.

Wade/Bosh >>>>> Pippen/Rodman or Grant.

In Phils first year with LA he transformed Shaq from a guy getting swept every year into the most unstoppable force in basketball history.

If Shaq had Phil Jackson for the duration of his prime like Jordan did, Shaqs "peak" would have been much longer and he would be more regarded by casual fans. Phil knew how to get the most out of his superstars.

How many rings does Jordan have without Phil?
How many rings does Pippen have without Phil?
How many rings does Kobe have without Phil?

The answer to all of them is 0. Meanwhile Phil has 5 titles without Jordan/Pippen, and 6 titles without Kobe. Shaq is the only star hes ever coached thats won elsewhere.

Jordan made Pippen?
Is that why Pippen had a career year in 1994 without Jordan?
Is that why Pippens career record and playoff record is better than Jordans?
Is that why Jordan has 5 seasons without Pippen and all 5 are losing records?
Is that why Jordan is 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen?

The 1994 Bulls only lost 2 less games than they did with Jordan, and thats because Pippen was allowed to play at an MVP level. He was by far the best non big in the NBA that year.

Dwyane Wade between 07-10 couldn't win a single playoff series. Wade has only won series if he has a 1st Team All NBA frontcourt player on his team(Shaq and then LeBron). He is a nice player, but as a 6'3 guard his impact on the game is limited like Jordan and Kobe. Neither of them could win series alone either. Pippen was one bad call away from a probable finals berth WITHOUT Jordan.

Comparing Dwyane Wade of 2013 to any version of Pippen Jordan had is ****ing hilarious kid.

And I'm pretty sure Wade was still an MVP caliber player in 2011 when LeBron failed to win a ring. Probably could sa the same thing to a lesser extent in 2012, but obviously not so much about this year. Although he was very good in the regular season before he got hurt.

Why are we talking about 2011 Wade. Just checked my calender and its 2013. The current version of Wade has been terrible aside from a handful of games.

The Heat have the most talent in the league because LeBron James is on their team.

When one guy has to lead the team in points, rebounds, and assists while also being the guy who is relied upon to shut down anyone ranging from PGs to PFs if they get hot the team is not as stacked as one might think.

Whoever has LeBron James on their team is going to have a huge advantage, because there is not a single player in the league that is even close to what he brings.

Miami has a glaring weakness in the interior. Bosh brings it sometimes, but not consistently enough for it not to be the kink in the armor. Jordans Bulls didn't have the same frontcourt weakness. It is amazing that this team is winning championships with such a glaring weakness inside(the most important part of the court). LeBron James is truly amazing to have on your roster.

diamenz
06-19-2013, 10:23 PM
/headache

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Biggest knock on Lebron this series is his refusal to take the open jumpers being conceded to him and his massive dropoff in efficiency. Lebron shot a 64 TS% in the regular season and has shot 49 TS% in the finals. I'm not sure when the last time I've seen a superstar shoot that poorly, let alone have that kind of dropoff. He's had 2 great games, 3 bad ones, one solid game. Last night was arguably the only game he was the best player on the floor.

Durant fell from 64.7 TS% in the regular season to 52% TS% in Round 2 vs Memphis.

Melo's entire playoffs is at 49 TS%.

Jacks3
06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
49% TS with single-coverage against a team that's literally giving him open, clean jumpers.

Embarrassing.

KG215
06-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Durant fell from 64.7 TS% in the regular season to 52% TS% in Round 2 vs Memphis.

Melo's entire playoffs is at 49 TS%.

Durant was playing one of the two best defenses in the league, facing constant double and triple teams, and they weren't giving him wide-open 15-footers. If the Spurs tried to play this defense on Durant, he'd average 35+ a game, and do it on 65% TS.

juju151111
06-19-2013, 11:15 PM

Scottie pippen was injured most of 98 n got knocked out. Of the Gm because of his back in 98. Mj still led them to the W

KG215
06-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Why are we talking about 2011 Wade. Just checked my calender and its 2013. The current version of Wade has been terrible aside from a handful of games.
Why couldn't LeBron win in 2011 when Wade was still in MVP form?

The Heat have the most talent in the league because LeBron James is on their team.

When one guy has to lead the team in points, rebounds, and assists while also being the guy who is relied upon to shut down anyone ranging from PGs to PFs if they get hot the team is not as stacked as one might think.

I can't think of any other team that, collectively, has a better 2nd and 3rd option (when Wade is healthy or at least trying, which I admit, hasn't been often in the playoffs) on top of having the same amount of quality depth the Heat have.

Yes, LeBron plays a large part in the Heat having the most talent in the league, but how is that any different than Jordan's Bulls? The Bulls had the most talent in the league because, in large, of Jordan himself.

KG215
06-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Scottie pippen was injured most of 98 n got knocked out. Of the Gm because of his back in 98. Mj still led them to the W
And that was old, well past his peak Jordan. Let's see if LeBron is still winning championships at 34-35 years old with his broken jumper and loss of athleticism.

Calabis
06-19-2013, 11:19 PM
So a guy with a ailment is being compared to the loss of a thick ass headband

It's considered one of the*greatest games of Jordan's careerand in NBA Finals history, as he scored 38 points to help lead the Bulls to a 90-88 victory against the*Jazz*in Utah, despite battling a physical ailment that made him visibly weak. The Bulls went on to clinch their fifth title in Game 6."Yes, 100 percent poisoned for ('The Flu Game')," Grover said on TrueHoop TV. "Everyone called it a 'Flu Game,' but we sat there and we were in the room, we were in Park City, Utah, up in a hotel. Room service stopped at like 9 o'clock. And he got hungry, and we really couldn't find any other place to eat so we ordered ... I said, 'Hey, the only thing I could find is a pizza place.' He said, 'All right, order pizza.' We had been there for a while, so everybody knows what hotel ... I mean Park City (didn't have) many hotels back then. Everybody kind of knew where we were staying."So we order a pizza, they come to deliver it, five guys come to deliver this pizza. And I'm just ... I take the pizza, and I tell them, I said, 'I got a bad feeling about this.' I said, 'I just got a bad feeling about this.' Out of everybody in the room, he was the only one that ate. Nobody else ... then 2 o'clock in the morning, I get a call to my room. I come to the room, he's curled up, he's curled up in the fetal position. We're looking at him. We're finding the team physician at that time. And immediately I said, 'It's food poisoning.' Guaranteed. Not the flu."

tmacattack33
06-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Durant was playing one of the two best defenses in the league, facing constant double and triple teams, and they weren't giving him wide-open 15-footers. If the Spurs tried to play this defense on Durant, he'd average 35+ a game, and do it on 65% TS.

Why would anyone play Durant the same way they do Lebron? I don't think any coach in the NBA (or even high school) would be so stupid as to do that.

And no, Lebron is not getting single covered. They are overcommitting secondary defenders to surround Lebron in case he drives and packing it in the paint. This most easily can be done when Wade is in the game, since then the rest of the 4 Spurs players only need to guard 3 Miami players. Which is why Lebron's played best with Wade off the court.

KG215
06-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Why would anyone play Durant the same way they do Lebron? I don't think any coach in the NBA (or even high school) would be so stupid as to do that.

And no, Lebron is not getting single covered. They are overcommitting secondary defenders to surround Lebron in case he drives and packing it in the paint. This most easily can be done when Wade is in the game, since then the rest of the 4 Spurs players only need to guard 3 Miami players. Which is why Lebron's played best with Wade off the court.
Durant was being defended the same way in terms of over-committing defenders; and, on top of that, most of the time he caught the ball the Rockets and Grizzlies were sending an extra defender at him.

Yes, the Spurs are over-committing, but they're not really doign so until LeBron nears the lane. There's be quite a few times this series, with Diaw, Splitter, or Duncan on him, LeBron has dribbled backout about 25 feet from the basket, slowly measured up his man, and either settled for a jumper or passed it off.

He's facing mostly single coverage when he catches the ball. If he could shoot a damn jump shot, something a player of his caliber should have the ability to do, it wouldn't be an issue. And it's not even that he can't do it. It's that he's so mentally fragile, when he misses a few, it plays mind games with him, and he has a hard time recovering. He's still able to impact the game in other areas, but he becomes a non-factor scoring wise and, in stretches, a non-factor offensively because he'll be so passive.

Calabis
06-19-2013, 11:27 PM
LeBron James: 32 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists

Ray Allen: 9 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists

Ray Allen game saving 3 pointer which saved ur lord and saviors ass

and Pippen was playing with a bad back and was like 5 for 17. Please quit with the stupid Jordan vs Lebron posts

Round Mound
06-20-2013, 02:45 AM
In Phils first year with LA he transformed Shaq from a guy getting swept every year into the most unstoppable force in basketball history.

If Shaq had Phil Jackson for the duration of his prime like Jordan did, Shaqs "peak" would have been much longer and he would be more regarded by casual fans. Phil knew how to get the most out of his superstars.

The answer to all of them is 0. Meanwhile Phil has 5 titles without Jordan/Pippen, and 6 titles without Kobe. Shaq is the only star hes ever coached thats won elsewhere.

Jordan made Pippen?

The 1994 Bulls only lost 2 less games than they did with Jordan, and thats because Pippen was allowed to play at an MVP level. He was by far the best non big in the NBA that year.

Dwyane Wade between 07-10 couldn't win a single playoff series. Wade has only won series if he has a 1st Team All NBA frontcourt player on his team(Shaq and then LeBron). He is a nice player, but as a 6'3 guard his impact on the game is limited like Jordan and Kobe. Neither of them could win series alone either. Pippen was one bad call away from a probable finals berth WITHOUT Jordan.

Comparing Dwyane Wade of 2013 to any version of Pippen Jordan had is ****ing hilarious kid.

Whoever has LeBron James on their team is going to have a huge advantage, because there is not a single player in the league that is even close to what he brings.

Miami has a glaring weakness in the interior. Bosh brings it sometimes, but not consistently enough for it not to be the kink in the armor. Jordans Bulls didn't have the same frontcourt weakness. It is amazing that this team is winning championships with such a glaring weakness inside(the most important part of the court). LeBron James is truly amazing to have on your roster.

sportjames23
06-20-2013, 03:05 AM
You trollin' agreeing with this dumbass, Round Mound, or are you making fun of him?

sundizz
06-20-2013, 03:15 AM

Some of the truest words ever spoken on this forum. Well done. :bowdown: :cheers:

guy
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM

How many years did Jordan, Pippen, and Kobe when they were at an elite level play without Phil?

Jordan made Pippen?

So 2013 Wade isn't the same as 2011 Wade, but every year Jordan played with Pippen, Pippen was 1994 Pippen?

tmacattack33
06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
How many years did Jordan, Pippen, and Kobe when they were at an elite level play without Phil?

So 2013 Wade isn't the same as 2011 Wade, but every year Jordan played with Pippen, Pippen was 1994 Pippen?
s
No, but Pippen's level of play did not drop like Wade's had over the course of any two years. Because Wade's game relies heavily on athleticism and Pippen had pure skills like passing, great defenive anticipation, and three point shooting...and he was 6'9 with long arms and that never changes, while Wade is 6'4.

Calabis
06-20-2013, 12:44 PM
s
No, but Pippen's level of play did not drop like Wade's had over the course of any two years. Because Wade's game relies heavily on athleticism and Pippen had pure skills like passing, great defenive anticipation, and three point shooting...and he was 6'9 with long arms and that never changes, while Wade is 6'4.

This post proves you did not watch the 98 playoffs. Pippen was struggling with a bad back and was a shell of his former self. Its amazing how Wade 15ppg on 45% is somehow vastly inferior to Pippen 16 ppg on 41%. Also Lebron is in his prime, while Jordan was 35 years old. Also Jordan didn't have another 20/10 guy on his roster ie Bosh in his prime to go to.

guy
06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
s

Maybe not to the same degree but his level of play did drop from one time to another here and there through the dynasty. But most don't remember that 20 years later, just like most won't remember Wade's drop off 20 years from now. People will look at Wade's resume and say Lebron either won or lost with a good amount of help i.e. a former Finals MVPs, scoring champion, 1st team all-nba player that was putting up 21-26 ppg/5-7 rpg/4-5 apg in the three years so far that he's played with Lebron.

tmacattack33
06-20-2013, 01:15 PM
This post proves you did not watch the 98 playoffs. Pippen was struggling with a bad back and was a shell of his former self. Its amazing how Wade 15ppg on 45% is somehow vastly inferior to Pippen 16 ppg on 41%. Also Lebron is in his prime, while Jordan was 35 years old. Also Jordan didn't have another 20/10 guy on his roster ie Bosh in his prime to go to.

I watched it but I was 11 years old and my focus wasn't on the Bulls, it was on the Magic ( i think that was the year Penny dropped 40 points in Miami twice and they still lost). I probably only watched 3 Pacers-Bulls games and probably every Finals game.

So yeah, you could be right. But just going by the stats you can't just compare scoring and scoring efficiency...that's the one thing Wade does better than Pippen. Pippen was a better rebounder, passer, and defender though...one of the most complete players of all time.

Bandito
06-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Don't forget that according to OP Rodman was a dominant bigman like Shaq:roll:

plowking
06-20-2013, 01:50 PM
I watched it but I was 11 years old and my focus wasn't on the Bulls, it was on the Magic ( i think that was the year Penny dropped 40 points in Miami twice and they still lost). I probably only watched 3 Pacers-Bulls games and probably every Finals game.

So yeah, you could be right. But just going by the stats you can't just compare scoring and scoring efficiency...that's the one thing Wade does better than Pippen. Pippen was a better rebounder, passer, and defender though...one of the most complete players of all time.

Pippen was not a better passer than Wade.

Ill Will
06-20-2013, 01:55 PM
i like the part where Lebron had to battle the refs

dh144498
06-20-2013, 01:56 PM
how OP concluded that losing a piece of head gear is harder than playing through a game with the flu is beyond my comprehension.
:wtf:

KG215
06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Rodman missed something like 20-30 games in '96 and '97 and Jordan still managed to lead the Bulls to 72 and 69 wins; and Pippen missed, what, around 40 games in '96? And 35 year old MJ still managed to lead the Bulls to 62 wins.

I can't really remember how badly it affected them in the playoffs, but I know in '98 Pippen wasn't himself. That was past his peak, at the tail-end of his prime, MJ, too. LeBron is at his absolute peak right now, on a very talented and deep team; so Wade being a little older and injured, and not playing up to his old standard shouldn't be an excuse, nor should it automatically just be looked at as some unimaginably great championship run. Especially when you consider how unbelievably weak their path through the East was.

TheMan
06-20-2013, 02:09 PM
how OP concluded that losing a piece of head gear is harder than playing through a game with the flu is beyond my comprehension.
Safe to that OP is either a troll or an idiot...or both.

TheMan
06-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Totally agree:cheers:

So we are in agreement that LeBron's team is more stacked the Jordan's Bulls, shows you just how much better MJ is than LBJ!:applause:

TonyMontana
06-20-2013, 02:21 PM
I can't think of any other team that, collectively, has a better 2nd and 3rd option (when Wade is healthy or at least trying, which I admit, hasn't been often in the playoffs) on top of having the same amount of quality depth the Heat have.

Yes, LeBron plays a large part in the Heat having the most talent in the league, but how is that any different than Jordan's Bulls? The Bulls had the most talent in the league because, in large, of Jordan himself.

Jordans Bulls only won 2 less games without him in the lineup. Jordan was a part of that, but the team was still a contender without him.

To say this Miami cast would beat any other team when you take each "star" off the team is hilarious. The Heat would have loss to a Rose and Dengless Bulls team if it wasn't for LeBron.

Just look at the Finals series. If you take LeBron and T. Parker off of their teams who do you think is winning. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Or LeBron and Paul George. All I have to do is look at the teams the Heat struggled with and how LeBron was the only thing keeping them afloat.

Jordans Bulls never had the interior problems that the current Heat do. When they did, they were analed by the Magic, a team that finally had comparable talent to the Bulls roster. First time in the entire 90s.

So a guy with a ailment is being compared to the loss of a thick ass headband

It's considered one of the*greatest games of Jordan's careerand in NBA Finals history, as he scored 38 points to help lead the Bulls to a 90-88 victory against the*Jazz*in Utah, despite battling a physical ailment that made him visibly weak. The Bulls went on to clinch their fifth title in Game 6."Yes, 100 percent poisoned for ('The Flu Game')," Grover said on TrueHoop TV. "Everyone called it a 'Flu Game,' but we sat there and we were in the room, we were in Park City, Utah, up in a hotel. Room service stopped at like 9 o'clock. And he got hungry, and we really couldn't find any other place to eat so we ordered ... I said, 'Hey, the only thing I could find is a pizza place.' He said, 'All right, order pizza.' We had been there for a while, so everybody knows what hotel ... I mean Park City (didn't have) many hotels back then. Everybody kind of knew where we were staying."So we order a pizza, they come to deliver it, five guys come to deliver this pizza. And I'm just ... I take the pizza, and I tell them, I said, 'I got a bad feeling about this.' I said, 'I just got a bad feeling about this.' Out of everybody in the room, he was the only one that ate. Nobody else ... then 2 o'clock in the morning, I get a call to my room. I come to the room, he's curled up, he's curled up in the fetal position. We're looking at him. We're finding the team physician at that time. And immediately I said, 'It's food poisoning.' Guaranteed. Not the flu."

Yeah we all know Jordan can score. Its the only thing he did at an elite level. LeBron was doing that on top of shutting down the other teams top scorer single handily and dominating the boards as well. His defense and rebounding was even more impressive than his scoring(32 points).

Because Pippen wasn't necesarily a better player that year, he just had more opportunity to show them what he was capable of. He was always that guy. He was on the Bulls for the entirety of his prime. LeBron had a prime Wade for maybe one year.

Pippen was a long versatile 6'8 defender every year(probably the best perimeter defender ever). He is a great complimentary player to a guy like Jordan who just wants to score, score, score. Wade on the otherhand is a 6'3 guard that can't really do anything offensively out of the paint. 2013 Wade is a liability when his mid range game isn't falling and with his knee acting up his defense is also becoming suspect. Comparing the impact of 2013 Wade and any Pippen is hilarious.

Don't forget that according to OP Rodman was a dominant bigman like Shaq:roll:

A dominant interior presence. 8 of the 9 top rebounding seasons in NBA History are by Dennis Rodman. There is a reason George Karl said Rodman should have been the 1996 Finals MVP.

guy
06-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Because Pippen wasn't necesarily a better player that year, he just had more opportunity to show them what he was capable of. He was always that guy. He was on the Bulls for the entirety of his prime. LeBron had a prime Wade for maybe one year.

Pippen was a long versatile 6'8 defender every year(probably the best perimeter defender ever). He is a great complimentary player to a guy like Jordan who just wants to score, score, score. Wade on the otherhand is a 6'3 guard that can't really do anything offensively out of the paint. 2013 Wade is a liability when his mid range game isn't falling and with his knee acting up his defense is also becoming suspect. Comparing the impact of 2013 Wade and any Pippen is hilarious.

Ummm, no. Pippen wasn't always as good as he was in 1994. He clearly wasn't as good in 91 or 98 as he was in 94 for example. He was arguably only that good while playing with Jordan in 96.

LBJMVP
06-20-2013, 02:48 PM

have you ever drank?

your hangover is gone in like an hour or two...

its impossible to have a hangover till a night game.

heck if you sleep untill like 2 your sleep through the hangover and wake up fans.

all you have to do is chuck water to get rehyrdated and you good.

KG215
06-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Bullshit on LeBron only having a prime Wade for one year. Wade was fine last year after he drained his knee. He averaged 23-5-4-2-1 in the playoffs last year, and had a couple of big games against the Pacers. He averaged 23-6-5-1-1 in the Finals and there were times I thought he was having the second biggest impact on the game behind LeBron.

God, you're a pathetic excuse for a fan. As long as it applies to LeBron, you're ok with excuses and molding facts to fit your agenda. But if it's Jordan, the same things can't apply. Jordan wasn't winning his 1st 3-peat with a big man any better than Chris Bosh; yet you act like Jordan always had a dominant big and LeBron is playing with an incompetent frontcourts. You also apparently think Jordan was worth just 2 wins on those Bulls teams.

I mean the shit you post is just beyond ignorant. There's a reason almost everyone else thinks you're a joke. I've still never seen you even attempt to address the fact that Jordan was a stronger player mentally than LeBron which is a HUGE deal. No, you stick to "LeBron has to do more for his team and his overall stats are better" and apparently don't think the mental aspect of basketball, especially in the playoffs and Finals, is just as important as the skills and ability as you possess.

plowking
06-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Totally agree:cheers:

So we are in agreement that LeBron's team is more stacked the Jordan's Bulls, shows you just how much better MJ is than LBJ!:applause:

Yeah, sure, whatever. I've never cared to argue the topic.

tontoz
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM

Let's be real though Jordan was known to exaggerate his illnesses. His teamates used to joke about it behind his back. And he didn't look very sick when he had the ball in his hands.

tmacattack33
06-20-2013, 04:29 PM

LOL. Wade is an above average passer at best.

Pippen was a great passer, close to elite.

If Wade was a great passer, that would be very useful right now since he can't athletically dominate everyone anymore right now.

KG215
06-20-2013, 04:38 PM
LOL. Wade is an above average passer at best.

Pippen was a great passer, close to elite.

If Wade was a great passer, that would be very useful right now since he can't athletically dominate everyone anymore right now.

Indian guy
06-20-2013, 04:39 PM
so Wade being a little older and injured, and not playing up to his old standard shouldn't be an excuse

There's a difference between not playing up to one's old standard, and flat out sucking. Wade has played about as poorly as a #2 player has played on a superstar-led championship team since the '03 Spurs. But unlike '03, this is the era of the super teams, where each team has multiple stars - making Wade's mediocre production that much more inexcusable. If LeBron does lead his team to a championship with his "2 superstars" being the definition of mediocrity, then it truly would be an incredible accomplishment. Especially considering he has once again had an amazing postseason - 25/8/7/49%/27.5 PER, all while facing 3 consecutive Top 6 defensive teams.

DMAVS41
06-20-2013, 04:44 PM
There's a difference between not playing up to one's old standard, and flat out sucking. Wade has played about as poorly as a #2 player has played on a superstar-led championship team since the '03 Spurs. But unlike '03, this is the era of the super teams, where each team has multiple stars - making Wade's mediocre production that much more inexcusable. If LeBron does lead his team to a championship with his "2 superstars" being the definition of mediocrity, then it truly would be an incredible accomplishment. Especially considering he has once again had an amazing postseason - 25/8/7/49%/27.5 PER, all while facing 3 consecutive Top 6 defensive teams.

I agree with this, but you do have to factor in the relatively weak competition.

The Heat are essentially slumping and they still might win the title. It's a testament to the greatness of Lebron, but also the extremely weak competition this year.

K Xerxes
06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Especially considering he has once again had an amazing postseason - 25/8/7/49%/27.5 PER, all while facing 3 consecutive Top 6 defensive teams.

That is not an amazing postseason. In fact, he has been relatively poor this postseason considering the regular season he had and the 2012 playoff run. You don't even need the numbers - he has been too passive at times and has not hit the jumper with consistency.

He's played good defensive teams, but that's what you expect in the playoffs. But you also expect your superstars game to step up from the regular season, and his has gone down.

It doesn't really matter if he wins tonight and goes to win more championships, but this playoff run is nothing to be proud about.

sportjames23
06-20-2013, 05:26 PM

Let's be real though Jordan was known to exaggerate his illnesses. His teamates used to joke about it behind his back. And he didn't look very sick when he had the ball in his hands.

MJ never made a big deal about injuries or sickness. You must be thinking about today's pvssy ass players.

And did you watch the game? Dude was sick.

SamuraiSWISH
06-20-2013, 05:27 PM
That is not an amazing postseason. In fact, he has been relatively poor this postseason considering the regular season he had and the 2012 playoff run. You don't even need the numbers - he has been too passive at times and has not hit the jumper with consistency.

He's played good defensive teams, but that's what you expect in the playoffs. But you also expect your superstars game to step up from the regular season, and his has gone down.

It doesn't really matter if he wins tonight and goes to win more championships, but this playoff run is nothing to be proud about.
:bowdown:

Truth

KG215
06-20-2013, 05:30 PM

Pretty much this. Has he been bad or anything? Not really, but in context, it hasn't been some amazing postseason run. The competition he's gone through has been pretty weak for the most part. I know they were good defensive teams, but the Bulls didn't have two of their best defenders and two very key players in Deng and Hinrich; and the Pacers were one of the worst offensive teams in the league this year. And obviously the Bucks were a bad playoff team. Their 38-44 record speaks for itself.

I know the standards may seem ridiculously high to some, but that's the company LeBron has put himself in. That's how great he was last season and postseason, and how great he was this regular season. So, even if you were to just ignore the games and focus on the numbers, 25-8-7 on 49% shooting is great for almost every other player in NBA history; but when you start wanting to compare him to someone like Jordan (which these threads always turn into for the LeBron fanboys) even the numbers don't really stack-up. Then you go with what your eyes actually told you from watching the games (no idea why people throw out the numbers acting like it's going to help, the games are still very fresh on our minds) and LeBron has been pretty underwhelming throughout the playoffs.

He's had one great series and three so-so series. There's been nothing great about it.

KG215
06-20-2013, 05:34 PM

The "superteam" argument might hold some merit if the Heat had gone through any of those other "superteams" this year. And besides, what other team truly qualifies as a "superteam" right now? Maybe the Thunder? And obviously after Westbrook went down, they were no longer a threat to get to the Finals. So I'm supposed to be more impressed by this Miami/LeBron run because it's the era of supposed "superteams"?

TonyMontana
06-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Yep exactly.

People talk about the Heat are way better than everyone. Thats because LeBron is on another planet than everyone else and whoever has him is going to be a threat no matter what. Without LeBron the team is the Brooklyn Nets at best.

The team their playing in the Finals has Tim Duncan, maybe a top 5 player EVER and even at his age he is still the top bigman in the NBA. He is WAYYYY better than anyone on the Heat aside from LeBron. Then they got Parker another Finals MVP hall of famer who is currently in his prime. This is a team that steamrolled through the Western Conference. They went 12-2 to get to the Finals.

tontoz
06-20-2013, 05:48 PM
MJ never made a big deal about injuries or sickness. You must be thinking about today's pvssy ass players.

And did you watch the game? Dude was sick.

I did watch the game. He looked terrible whenever a time out was called. With the ball in his hands he looked fine.

I have no doubt he was under the weather but not nearly as much as he made out. And yes he was notorious among his teamates for playing up his illnesses to impress the media.

KG215
06-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Yep exactly. People talk about the Heat are way better than everyone. Thats because LeBron is on another planet than everyone else and whoever has him is going to be a threat no matter what. Without LeBron the team is the Brooklyn Nets at best.
No, they're better than everyone else because they have LeBron AND they still have, collectively, the best 2nd and 3rd options in the league, and a very solid cast of supporting players. They have the high-end talent on top of quality depth. Something no other team in the NBA has right now.

Yes, LeBron is the biggest reason, but it's absurd to say it's only because of him. Their management has done a very good job of adding good role players since LeBron has been there.

The team their playing in the Finals has Tim Duncan, maybe a top 5 player EVER and even at his age he is still the top bigman in the NBA.
Yet, he's far from the caliber player he was when he cemented himself as a legit top 10 player of all-time. You're overstating it as top 5 ever because, at best, that's highly debatable, but he's most certainly top 10. He's 37 years old and, while he turned the clock back some this year, he's still nowhere nearly as impactful (mostly on offense) as he was in his prime and at his peak.

Then they got Parker another Finals MVP hall of famer who is currently in his prime.
Who's been wildly inconsistent this series and has played through a hurt hamstring.

This is a team that steamrolled through the Western Conference. They went 12-2 to get to the Finals.
So what? They got to play half a D-League team in the 1st round, were actually in a dogfight in the 2nd round until Curry hurt his ankle, and avoided the team that took them out last year because Westbrook got hurt. Their only really impressive series was the WCF, but that Grizzlies team probably isn't there if Westbrook doesn't get hurt. You, like LeBird (you two may be the same person, wouldn't surprise me), are really trying to oversell how good this Spurs team is.

They're far from a weak Finals opponent, but it's not some juggernaut right now because their "star power" is either old and past their prime (Duncan and Manu) or playing hurt (Parker). They've got a great coach, a great system, and very good role players/depth, that helps keep things intact when the "star power" isn't delivering. Same thing can be said about the Heat, especially in the Finals since LeBron has really struggled in some games.

TonyMontana
06-20-2013, 06:02 PM
No, they're better than everyone else because they have LeBron AND they still have, collectively, the best 2nd and 3rd options in the league, and a very solid cast of supporting players. They have the high-end talent on top of quality depth. Something no other team in the NBA has right now.

Yes, LeBron is the biggest reason, but it's absurd to say it's only because of him. Their management has done a very good job of adding good role players since LeBron has been there.

Yet, he's far from the caliber player he was when he cemented himself as a legit top 10 player of all-time. You're overstating it as top 5 ever because, at best, that's highly debatable, but he's most certainly top 10. He's 37 years old and, while he turned the clock back some this year, he's still nowhere nearly as impactful (mostly on offense) as he was in his prime and at his peak.

So what? They didn't have to face the team that beat them last year, they go to play half a D-League team in the 1st round, and things were made much easier on them in the second round after Steph Curry hurt his ankle. Their only really impressive series was the WCF, but that Grizzlies team probably isn't there if Westbrook doesn't get hurt. You, like LeBird (you two may be the same person, wouldn't surprise me), are really trying to oversell how good this Spurs team is.

They're far from a weak Finals opponent, but it's not some juggernaut right now because their "star power" is either old and past their prime (Duncan and Manu) or playing hurt (Parker). They've got a great coach, a great system, and very good role players/depth, that helps keep things intact when the "star power" isn't delivering. Same thing can be said about the Heat, especially in the Finals since LeBron has really struggled in some games.

How are the Spurs a weak Finals opponent? Oh because they don't have a 25 PPG scorer that captivates simple minded fans. :oldlol:

Tim Duncan is still a top 5 player in the NBA today. I challenge you to name a bigman who had a better season than him. The only players that unquestionably impact a game more are LeBron and Durant.

And Tony Parker is a top 10 player too. Hes just getting defended well by LeBron, someone who is way better than him or anyone else on the planet.

Lol @ downplaying the Spurs 12-2 record through their conference. Has a team dominated the Western conference as badly as San Antonio just did since the 01 Lakers? I doubt it, but feel free to check.

KG215
06-20-2013, 06:13 PM
How are the Spurs a weak Finals opponent? Oh because they don't have a 25 PPG scorer that captivates simple minded fans. :oldlol:
I said, "far from a weak Finals opponent," but great reading comprehension skills. I'm saying they're still a very good team.

Tim Duncan is still a top 5 player in the NBA today. I challenge you to name a bigman who had a better season than him. The only players that unquestionably impact a game more are LeBron and Durant.
You can absolutely make a case for Marc Gasol this year if we're going by the regular season, but yes, Duncan is the best big man if we're going by the playoffs. That's not my point. If we're comparing his overall impact to what it used to be, it's not the same. Just because he's the best in today's gamem doesn't somehow make beating him anymore impressive than it would've been in another year where he might've been a borderline top 5 big man in the league, which would've been the case in the 90's -- this version of Duncan, not prime/peak Duncan.

And Tony Parker is a top 10 player too. Hes just getting defended well by LeBron, someone who is way better than him or anyone else on the planet.
Again, I'm not disputing that. But Parker has been inconsistent the whole series, and LeBron hasn't been his primary defender the whole series. LeBron's defended him better than anyone else, though.

Lol @ downplaying the Spurs 12-2 record through their conference. Has a team dominated the Western conference as badly as San Antonio just did since the 01 Lakers? I doubt it, but feel free to check.
The Wes, after Westbrook got hurt, was pretty weak. And I don't need or have to check shit. OKC's run through the West was probably more impressive because they swept the defending champs (much better 1st round opponent than the injury riddled Lakers) took out the Lakers in 5 in the second round, and took out a Spurs team that was crushing everyone in 6. Their 12-3 record to get through the West last year was more impressive than the Spurs 12-2 record to get through the West this year. San Antonio's 12-2 run through the West this year doesn't mean they're better than other teams that went something like 12-3 or 12-4 to get through the West.

Seriously, why are the most obsessive and worst stans incapable of using context? It's the exact same bullshit Kobe stans use like "Shaq couldn't win until he got Kobe" or "No other top 10 player had a 2nd option as weak as Pau Gasol". It's like you guys are wired to only use hyperbole, post things that provide shock value, and have no ability to put things into any kind of context.

OldSchoolBBall
06-20-2013, 06:19 PM

How can you call this a "super team era" when his competition prior to the Finals was a joke? Which team had as much or more talent than Miami? Which EC team could be considered a "super team"? And when the Spurs' "big 3" are playing no better than Miami's?

By average game score this series:

Lebron: 20.9
Wade: 15.0
Bosh: 14.4

Duncan: 15.0
Parker: 12.0
Ginobili: 6.0

So yeah, Lebron is outplaying a 37 year old Tim Duncan, but that's not exactly something to boast about given that he's in his prime. But whoever you consider to be the best player on SA, they haven't had as much help from their supporting stars as Lebron has had.

97 bulls
06-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I did watch the game. He looked terrible whenever a time out was called. With the ball in his hands he looked fine.

I have no doubt he was under the weather but not nearly as much as he made out. And yes he was notorious among his teamates for playing up his illnesses to impress the media.
To be fair, people thought he had been poisoned. The flu thing is just easily accepted. I beleive he was given something.

The real truth, Grover says, is that Jordan was poisoned.*"100 percent," Grover says on TrueHoop TV. "He was poisoned for the 'flu game.' Everyone called it a flu game, but we sat there. We were in the room." Grover explains:*We were in Park City, Utah, up in a hotel. Room service stopped at like nine o'clock. He got hungry and we really couldn't find any other place to eat. So we said eh, the only thing I can find is a pizza place. So we says all right, order pizza.*We had been there for a while. Everybody knew what hotel. Park City was not many hotels back then. So everyone kind of knew where we were staying.*So we order pizza.*Five*guys came to deliver this pizza.*I take the pizza and I tell them: "I've got a bad feeling about this. ... I've just got a bad feeling about this."*Out of everybody in the room, [MJ] was the only one who ate. Nobody else had it.*And then 2 o'clock in the morning I get a call to my room. Come to the room. He's curled up in the fetal position. We're looking at him, finding the team physician at that time.*Immediately I told him it's food poisoning.*Not the flu

TonyMontana
06-20-2013, 06:56 PM
You can absolutely make a case for Marc Gasol this year if we're going by the regular season, but yes, Duncan is the best big man if we're going by the playoffs. That's not my point. If we're comparing his overall impact to what it used to be, it's not the same. Just because he's the best in today's gamem doesn't somehow make beating him anymore impressive than it would've been in another year where he might've been a borderline top 5 big man in the league, which would've been the case in the 90's -- this version of Duncan, not prime/peak Duncan.

No you cannot. Tim Duncan is absolutely superior to Marc Gasol and anyone that says otherwise doesn't know the game.

Here are Duncans per 36 minutes this past year compared to 02-03(what people consider his best year)

02-03: 21.3 PPG, 11.8 RPG, 2.7 BPG
12-13: 21.3 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 3.2 BPG

Duncan is still the exact same player when hes actually playing. The only difference is he can't do it for as long anymore and he doesn't have that extra gear. For these reasons he is definitely not as good as he was 10 years ago, but to think the difference is from a "hall of fame top ten player ever" to a "role player" is hilarious.

I don't care about where Duncan would rank any other year. It's irrelevant because Duncan has been BY FAR the best bigman in the NBA in this year and its proven. Seeing where he'd rank in another era is all based on hypothetical with no substance.

The Wes, after Westbrook got hurt, was pretty weak. And I don't need or have to check shit. OKC's run through the West was probably more impressive because they swept the defending champs (much better 1st round opponent than the injury riddled Lakers) took out the Lakers in 5 in the second round, and took out a Spurs team that was crushing everyone in 6. Their 12-3 record to get through the West last year was more impressive than the Spurs 12-2 record to get through the West this year. San Antonio's 12-2 run through the West this year doesn't mean they're better than other teams that went something like 12-3 or 12-4 to get through the West.

Oh so now the West is weak too? Thought that was just the East?

Tell me who isn't weak? :oldlol:

And let me get this straight. You talk about how San Antonio is weak, and then when you want to support your argument of OKC being more impressive you go ahead and say "took out a Spurs team that was crushing everyone". :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LeBron put up 29-11-8 on that OKC team with also in case you didn't know.

OKC is overrated. Another team without a dominant inside presence. Except instead of LeBron James to bail them out, they have Kevin Durant who isn't nearly as good.

Indian guy
06-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Pretty much this. Has he been bad or anything? Not really, but in context, it hasnt exactly been some amazing postseason run.

Context of what? 25/8/7/49%/27.5 PER against quality defensive competition is a great postseason no matter what criteria you use. You have already conceded GOAT status to him if you don't find that impressive.

I know they were good defensive teams, but the Bulls didn't have two of their best defenders

3 consecutive top 6 defensive teams are not "good" defensive teams, they are the best. Considering how much your boy struggled against Memphis, I would think you would have more respect for top quality defense, but maybe your agenda doesn't allow that.

Also, Chicago's 2 best defenders are Noah and Butler. Deng's injury turned out to be a blessing in disguise. LeBron has always owned Deng.

and the Pacers were one of the worst offensive teams in the league this year.

Which has what do with LeBron's performance, exactly? It didn't stop them from scoring at an elite level against Miami. They needed a great series from LeBron to pull the series off.

And obviously the Bucks were a bad playoff team.

As all first round opponents tend to be.

I know the standards may seem ridiculously high to some

Whatever the standards are, he is meeting them. He's currently putting up a higher PER than MJ did during his 2nd championship playoff run, all while collectively facing superior defensive competition than any superstar has faced. His raw averages aren't out-of-this-world great because of the slow, defensive minded approach of his opponents, but the per minute production speaks for itself. LeBfon is doing just fine by ANY standard. Haters better get down on their knees and pray Miami loses tonight, because if LeBron wins ring #2, his numbers, mvps and finals mvps over the last 2 years will assure that he gets compared to 1 player only. And that's the reason why everybody is scared sh!tless.

KG215
06-20-2013, 07:45 PM
No you cannot. Tim Duncan is absolutely superior to Marc Gasol and anyone that says otherwise doesn't know the game.

Here are Duncans per 36 minutes this past year compared to 02-03(what people consider his best year)

02-03: 21.3 PPG, 11.8 RPG, 2.7 BPG
12-13: 21.3 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 3.2 BPG

Duncan is still the exact same player when hes actually playing. The only difference is he can't do it for as long anymore and he doesn't have that extra gear. For these reasons he is definitely not as good as he was 10 years ago, but to think the difference is from a "hall of fame top ten player ever" to a "role player" is hilarious.
And anyone that thinks 2013 duncan is as good as 2003 Duncan doesn't know basketball. I mean you've clearly proven that over and over again with your LeBron dickriding agenda, but now it's just become laughable.

Where did I say he was a role player? Duncan is still a VERY good basketball player, but he can't consistently have the same high-end impact on a game and series like he could 7-10 years ago.

I don't care about where Duncan would rank any other year. It's irrelevant because Duncan has been BY FAR the best bigman in the NBA in this year and its proven. Seeing where he'd rank in another era is all based on hypothetical with no substance.
Fine, but trying to prop-up LeBron's run by going through 37 year old Duncan doesn't hold little merit. It's not anymore impressive than going through the best big man in the league in other eras. Not saying 2013 Duncan being the best big man is the worst or anything, but when you put into context, it shouldn't be something you use to prop-up LeBron, which is clearly what ou're trying to do.

Oh so now the West is weak too? Thought that was just the East?

Tell me who isn't weak? :oldlol:
The West has more quality depth in terms of teams. However, there were really only 3 legit championship contenders this year: Miami, OKC, and the Spurs. San Antonio's run to the Finals was not overly impressive, and a 12-2 record in doing so doesn't make them more dominant than past West teams that might've lost a few more games on their way to the Finals. Again, context.

And let me get this straight. You talk about how San Antonio is weak, and then when you want to support your argument of OKC being more impressive you go ahead and say "took out a Spurs team that was crushing everyone". :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
I thought the Spurs were playing better in the playoffs entering the WCF last year than they were this year. They were destroying teams and that actually carried through to the 3rd game of the WCF. OKC got hot, switched up how they defended Parker and the pick-n-roll, and got the backdoor sweep.

And again, I'm not saying the Spurs are weak. Either you're just reading the words you want to read to try and help your agenda, or you have reading comprehension problems. I'm saying they're a very good team, but they've got flaws. This won't be a team that's remembered as one of the best teams to lose in the Finals or anything like that. Not when their superstar player is 37 and on his last legs, and another key component of the Big 3 is 36 and has been awful in all but one game. They're a good solid Finals team that got mildly lucky that the only other team in the West that might be better than them lost their second best player.

And while I agree LeBron is clearly better than Durant, Durant managed to average 30-8-5 on 53% shooting against the Spurs last year in the WCF,, and they weren't giving him wide-open 15-footers.

KG215
06-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Context of what? 25/8/7/49%/27.5 PER against quality defensive competition is a great postseason no matter what criteria you use. You have already conceded GOAT status to him if you don't find that impressive.
How so? That wouldn't be an overly impressive playoff run for peak Jordan, and he's the GOAT. Nor would it be anything special for peak Kareem who I have 2nd behind Jordan.

3 consecutive top 6 defensive teams are not "good" defensive teams, they are the best. Considering how much your boy struggled against Memphis, I would think you would have more respect for top quality defense, but maybe your agenda doesn't allow that.
What the hell does Durant have to do with this? Durant struggled against Memphis, so what? He's not being compared to Jordan. This has nothing to do with Durant vs. LeBron and I don't know why or where you got that impression. It's about TonyMontana's "LeBron > Jordan" agenda.

I have absolutely no problem in admitting LeBron is pretty clearly better than Durant. I've said it quite a few times over the last two years.

Also, Chicago's 2 best defenders are Noah and Butler. Deng's injury turned out to be a blessing in disguise. LeBron has always owned Deng.
They're not teh same team defensively without Deng and Hinrich. If you can't see that or figure that out yourself, you're helpless.

As all first round opponents tend to be.
Not 38-44 bad. Actually, I take that back, that's pretty common in the East.

Whatever the standards are, he is meeting them. He's currently putting up the same PER as MJ did during his 2nd championship playoff run, all while facing superior defensive competition than any superstar has faced. His raw averages aren't out of this world great because of the slow, defensive minded approach of his opponents, but the per minute production speaks for itself. LeBfon is doing just fine by ANY standard. Haters better get down on their knees and pray Miami loses tonight, because if LeBron wins ring #2, his numbers, mvps and finals mvps over the last 2 years will assure that he gets compared to 1 player only.
Ahh yes, PER. Let's use that as the only metric of measure. I'll just ignore what my eyes are telling me and use PER. If you think this playoff run, as a whole, is better than any of Jordan's 3-peat runs, again, you're helpless. Last year's was at least close to being on par with them, this one isn't.

And if anyone is comparing him to Jordan, and bypassing Bird, Magic, Russell, Wilt, and Kareem, after ring #2, then they're just as ignorant and delusional as you and TonyMontana. I mean I expect it from you two, because you're probably the two most LeBron-obsessed posters on ISH other than pauk. But I'll be sorely disappointed if other, more objective, posters are doing the same thing.

Winning a ring tonight would put him into the top 10 in my opinion. But it'd be absurd to vault him all the way to the top, and saying things like "he can only be compared to 1 other player now."

Trollsmasher
06-20-2013, 07:58 PM
KG215 may be even more butthurt than Magic32. Gotta keep an eye on those two to announce this postseason butthurt MVP after G7.

Calabis
06-20-2013, 07:59 PM

Not debating Pippen at his peak, I was talking about the 1998 playoff run, he was in pain and not close to what he was like in the first three peat. He even aggravated the hell out of his back on a dunk in the finals. Jordan was 35 at the time and had to carry his team. Let's see what Lebron is doing at 35. This dude with a different Lebron vs Jordan thread every other day is being a moron. Let Lebron finish his career first, he has no case against MJ at this point.

Also I'm starting to laugh at the Kobefans....they are now seeing a generation who can not recall how great prime Kobe really was, creeping into the forums.

Indian guy
06-20-2013, 08:01 PM
I thought the Spurs were playing better in the playoffs entering the WCF last year than they were this year.

That's mainly because their competition through the first 2 rounds last season was a joke. Utah and LAC? Please. When they faced a similar team in LAL in the 1st round this postseason, they made a mockery of them. GSW and Memphis aren't quite OKC level, but they can still be considered great teams. SA, because of their far superior defense compared to last season, is a BETTER team this year than last - the year when everybody was talking about them in historic terms through the first 2 games of the WCF. There's simply no way to downplay what a terrific team LeBron will be beating IF he wins tonight. Personally, these Spurs are the best WC team I've seen since their '07 selves. As someone who has obsessively followed LeBron's career since '06, they are certainly the best team I've ever seen him go up against.

Not when their superstar player is 37 and on his last legs

There you go your BS again. He maybe 37, but he is still the game's best big man. While LeBron plays for a team that's very weak inside. TD's current advantage over his opponent is no different than what it used to be in his prime.

And while I agree LeBron is clearly better than Durant

Thus your endless crusade against him this postseason :oldlol:. You are so ****ing butthurt and agenda driven it's just sad. At least I can understand the fear LeBron infuses in MJ and Kobe stans. At least they have something to protect. What do you have to protect, besides just being butt-hurt that nobody considers the game's #2 player close to the #1 guy? What do you gain from hating on LeBron and endlessly trolling about him?

Durant managed to average 30-8-5 on 53% shooting against the Spurs last year in the WCF

Which would be relevant if SA was still the same defensive team, except they are 7 spots higher this season and CLEARLY a superior team than last year because of it.

Calabis
06-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah we all know Jordan can score. Its the only thing he did at an elite level. LeBron was doing that on top of shutting down the other teams top scorer single handily and dominating the boards as well. His defense and rebounding was even more impressive than his scoring(32 points).

Dude you should really stop posting, if you are going to talk out your ass. He was a elite defender and that is why he grabbed a DPOY and is near the top of the list in blocks by a guard, as well all time steals list. He was a lock down defender in his prime. Also he is one of the best/if not the best(Bird can argue) "Game on the line" players to ever lace them up...can't say that about Lebron at this point.

Also, the only time he was ever as ball dominant as Lebron...ie dribbling out the shot clock damn near every possession, was when he was moved to point guard....all he did in that span, is put up better all around numbers than Lebron(32/8/8).

Indian guy
06-20-2013, 08:19 PM
That wouldn't be an overly impressive playoff run for peak Jordan, and he's the GOAT.

Uhh, LeBron's currently posting a higher playoff PER than '92 MJ, which I consider to be MJ's best season. So no, his current run would be impressive for peak MJ too.

What the hell does Durant have to do with this?

He has EVERYTHING to do with this, you dumb****. You're pissing me off now with your BS. Your endless troll-fest all postseason concerning LeBron is about your boy, alright? You're not fooling anyone. You don't give a **** about MJ. You're just looking to vent frustration over your boy being such a distant #2 to LeBron, and feigning disbelief over MJ/LeBron comparisons is a convenient template for you to discredit LeBron.

They're not teh same team defensively without Deng and Hinrich.

I can guarantee you that Miami would've had more offensive success against Chicago had Deng been healthy. Butler was AMAZING in that series on both ends.

Not 38-44 bad. Actually, I take that back, that's pretty common in the East.

Chicago routinely faced teams this bad in the 1st round during their championship runs.

I'll just ignore what my eyes are telling me and use PER.

You mean your BS, agenda-drive eyes where you endlessly troll in game threads about Miami receiving special help from the refs, nitpicking every single thing LeBron does and being overtly critical of the opposition's mistakes to downplay LeBron's competition? Oh yeah, please do tell me what you see with your eyes. You've clearly proven yourself to be someone we should be taking seriously :rolleyes:

Dumbass :oldlol:. Has been trolling all ****ing playoffs and doesn't even have the remotest self-awareness to know his place.

If you think this playoff run, as a whole, is better than any of Jordan's 3-peat runagain, you're helpless.

I didn't say say it was better, what I have said is that LeBron has clearly accomplished enough over his career, and particularly the last 2 seasons, to have earned a comparison with the GOAT. The stats, the mvps and the team success doesn't lie. He will have to win tonight, of course, to further help his case.

And if anyone is comparing him to Jordan, and bypassing Bird, Magic, Russell, Wilt, and Kareem, after ring #2, then they're just as ignorant and delusional as you and TonyMontana.

You're the one who has latched on to the MJ/LeBron comparison to downplay anything he has accomplished this postseason, idiot. You are the one who keeps saying we can only compare him to the GOAT because of last year and this year's regular season, but now suddenly you are going to feign disbelief over LeBron surpassing other top 10 greats, something which NO ****ING BODY has even talked about? All we've said is that based on his 2 year run(assuming he wins today), he'll be doing something that can only be compared to MJ. Doesn't mean he has leapfrogged the rest of the greats. There's a difference between comparing runs and comparing careers.

I mean I expect it from you two, because you're probably the two most LeBron-obsessed posters on ISH other than pauk.

I don't think I'm anywhere close to being as LeBron-obsessed as you've been over the last 2 months.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Dude you should really stop posting, if you are going to talk out your ass. He was a elite defender and that is why he grabbed a DPOY and is near the top of the list in blocks by a guard, as well all time steals list. He was a lock down defender in his prime. Also he is one of the best/if not the best(Bird can argue) "Game on the line" players to ever lace them up...can't say that about Lebron at this point.

Also, the only time he was ever as ball dominant as Lebron...ie dribbling out the shot clock damn near every possession, was when he was moved to point guard....all he did in that span, is put up better all around numbers than Lebron(32/8/8).

Didn't the Bulls lose 6 of those 11 games?

KG215
06-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Yeah we all know Jordan can score. Its the only thing he did at an elite level.
Can't believe I've let myself get sucked into multiple arguments with someone that actually believes this. I learned the hard way with the Kobe fanboys and I'm going through it again with the LeBron fanboys.

K Xerxes
06-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Can't believe I've let myself get sucked into multiple arguments with someone that actually believes this. I learned the hard way with the Kobe fanboys and I'm going through it again with the LeBron fanboys.

You said LeBron gets in your top 10 if Heat win... who would he replace if I may ask?

tpols
06-20-2013, 08:25 PM
25/8/7? Kobe did better than that back in 01

29/7/6:oldlol: in his peak defensively as well.

Lebron doesn't touch Jordan if he can't even match a 21 year old Kobe. The way he's folded in the finals.. Jordan would never ever do. He went from 57 percent shooting in the regular season to what 40 percent in the finals?

A 17 percent dropoff accompanied by 5+ less ppg. Those have got to be records. All passiveness.

TonyMontana
06-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Where did I say he was a role player? Duncan is still a VERY good basketball player, but he can't consistently have the same high-end impact on a game and series like he could 7-10 years ago.

The amount of players that ever \put on an NBA jersey that can impact the game like Duncan of 7-10 years ago is like 5 guys long. Don't see what your point is.

There you go your BS again. He maybe 37, but he is still the game's best big man. While LeBron plays for a team that's very weak inside. TD's current advantage over his opponent is no different than what it used to be in his prime.

Ding ding ding

that KG guy doesn't get it.

Duncans age is irrelevant when he is still the best bigman in the NBA. He gives his team an edge at the most important position every single night because of that fact.

As a 6'6 guard Jordans ability to impact a game defensively is limited.

LeBrons help defense is so much better than Jordans ever was. He is longer, bigger, stronger, faster. He covers more ground. LeBron is always in perfect position to help.

Jordan is the better one on one defender, but me and every other high bball mind value team defense over one on one defense where a pick/screen can render a great one on one defender useless. The NBA game is a game of constant picks and screens.

When Jordan was put into LeBrons position where he had to do it all how did the team do? Was he able to win 60+ games when hes relied upon for everything? Ill look it up.

47-35

Thats a long ways away from the 60+ Games LeBron has been able to win doing that role with Cleveland and Miami.

Heavincent
06-20-2013, 08:27 PM
This thread is utterly ridiculous in every way. Don't even know what else to say.

Young X
06-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Other than '95, every one of MJ's playoff runs are better than Lebron's current one. Hell, Kobe's playoff run in '09 is better than Lebron's current run, title or no title.

KG215
06-20-2013, 08:35 PM
You said LeBron gets in your top 10 if Heat win... who would he replace if I may ask?
Well, I put a little more emphasis on peak play/dominance that career resume. I think he has a good argument over Hakeem, although I think Hakeem's two-year run in '94 and '95 was superior to LeBron's in '12 and '13; and I'd give an edge to peak Hakeem over peak LeBron because Hakeem at his peak was arguably the best two-way player ever. But overall resume...LeBron has an edge, and I don't just completely ignore that or anything.

I'd have to think about it. I go back-and-forth with Hakeem and Kobe at #10, and I'm not sure a 2nd ring would warrant Kobe's spot, although I do think LeBron's peak is better than Kobe's. So maybe I shouldn't have definitively said he'd be in my top 10, but I think he certainly has a case. A 3rd ring and he moves up to #8 ahead of Kobe and Hakeem, and right behind Duncan and Shaq. But, then again, if he as another regular season next year as impressive as this one, you could probably legitimately start talking about top 5 all-time if he finishes it off with a ring, unless he has another somewhat underwhelming postseason like he's had this year.

KingLeBronJames
06-20-2013, 08:41 PM
The amount of players that ever \put on an NBA jersey that can impact the game like Duncan of 7-10 years ago is like 5 guys long. Don't see what your point is.

Ding ding ding

that KG guy doesn't get it.

Duncans age is irrelevant when he is still the best bigman in the NBA. He gives his team an edge at the most important position every single night because of that fact.

As a 6'6 guard Jordans ability to impact a game defensively is limited.

LeBrons help defense is so much better than Jordans ever was. He is longer, bigger, stronger, faster. He covers more ground. LeBron is always in perfect position to help.

Jordan is the better one on one defender, but me and every other high bball mind value team defense over one on one defense where a pick/screen can render a great one on one defender useless. The NBA game is a game of constant picks and screens.

When Jordan was put into LeBrons position where he had to do it all how did the team do? Was he able to win 60+ games when hes relied upon for everything? Ill look it up.

47-35

Thats a long ways away from the 60+ Games LeBron has been able to win doing that role with Cleveland and Miami.
As a LeBron fan, let me say this. This is a stupid statement. :facepalm Michael didn't feel well through out the game and still manage to dominate. LeBron choked and finally done something in the 4th. But he still sucks in his series. He needs to redeem himself by repeating.

The-Legend-24
06-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Dude is shooting like 42%, and they're sagging off him daring him to shoot open jumpers..

:roll:

KG215
06-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Can't believe I wasted any amount time arguing with someone who thinks this playoff run of LeBron's is better than '92 Jordan because of PER, and another guy who thinks the only thing Jordan did at an elite level was score.

thabisyo
07-06-2013, 10:33 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/1016581_406271402822297_202042151_n.jpg

Problem solved :banana:

Magic 32
07-06-2013, 10:38 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/1016581_406271402822297_202042151_n.jpg

Man that is ceepy!

Don't blend the 90's with PED freaks of today.

sportjames23
07-06-2013, 10:58 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PJR
07-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Bruh :roll: :roll: :roll: