PDA

View Full Version : So Ray Allen Basically Saved LeBron's Legacy

Soundwave
06-20-2013, 06:09 AM
I mean if he misses that shot ... it's over, not only another Finals loss, but another situation in the clutch where LeBron threw up some bricks and turned the ball over in critical possessions (granted he did hit that one three, but missed a couple of other shots).

If that's how it had gone down and that's basically what it looked like ... LeBron would probably never live it down.

Jesus (Shuttlesworth) Saves.

KyleKong
06-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Yeah, not like LeBron shot a three to even keep them in game for Ray Allen to make his three.

Or how he dominated the 4th quarter.

:facepalm

Also by your logic Big Shot Rob saved Tim Duncan's, Kobe, and Shaq's legacy.

livingby3's
06-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Well also, if not for the Bosh's offensive rebound. The heat did it together, everyone did their part. one person screwed up that moment, entire team loses. stop stirring shit.

mugiwara
06-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Bosh & Allen. Worst 16 point 4th quarter in history, the three he hit right after the missed three was what really saved him. I don't know how you put up a stat line like that with how he looked visually!! this is why lebron is hated, he is clearly the best player in the league but barely lives up to his potential. Plays poorly and gets a 30point triple double.

aj1987
06-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Bosh & Allen. Worst 16 point 4th quarter in history, the three he hit right after the missed three was what really saved him. I don't know how you put up a stat line like that with how he looked visually!! this is why lebron is hated, he is clearly the best player in the league but barely lives up to his potential. Plays poorly and gets a 30point triple double.
WTF are you smoking? In what world is a 16 point 4th quarter the "worst 16 point 4th quarter" in the world? Do you think Bosh would've even bothered with the offensive rebound, if Lebron hadn't scored 16 points and kept the game close? Or would Ray's 3 pointer have mattered if the Heat were down 10-15 points in the final 25 seconds?

ripthekik
06-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Ray definitely did. Lebron had a tremendous start to the 4th quarter, but he choked it away AS USUAL. Then Ray made that shot. If Ray had missed.. then Lebron had just choked away his 3rd finals, exposed to the world for what he truly is.

So Lebron fans.. yall should be praying to Ray allen and sending him every penny you have really. He just saved your hero and your lives.

Wavves
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM

Lebron has such high expectations, that no player ever could live up to then.
You people are absolute jokes.

maybeshewill13
06-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Ray definitely did. Lebron had a tremendous start to the 4th quarter, but he choked it away AS USUAL. Then Ray made that shot. If Ray had missed.. then Lebron had just choked away his 3rd finals, exposed to the world for what he truly is.

So Lebron fans.. yall should be praying to Ray allen and sending him every penny you have really. He just saved your hero and your lives.
:applause:

2swift4u
06-20-2013, 08:14 AM
So Lebron fans.. all should be praying to Ray allen and sending him every penny you have really. He just saved your hero and your lives.

what's wrong with you? :facepalm

maybeshewill13
06-20-2013, 08:16 AM
what's wrong with you? :facepalm
He's right doe?

mugiwara
06-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Lebron has such high expectations, that no player ever could live up to then.
You people are absolute jokes.
Watching that game lebrons decision making was poor, he was aggressive but looking for the foul instead of the finish. Choosing to lay it up when he can go higher and harder, seemingly saving himself and then not playing d when he gets no whistle. He was bad and scored 16 points in the fourth, it made no sense but its what i saw.

miller-time
06-20-2013, 08:29 AM
It is almost like LeBron is playing a team sport.. weird?

Rake2204
06-20-2013, 08:54 AM
It is almost like LeBron is playing a team sport.. weird?Incredible concept, right?

miller-time
06-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Incredible concept, right?

I don't know how LeBron is getting away with it? Ray shouldn't have even been playing. Or if he had to be in the game, stand as still as a statue.

kNicKz
06-20-2013, 09:29 AM
but it didn't miss, and its going to game 7.... and the heat are probably going to win tonight

rule1223
06-20-2013, 09:30 AM
honestly lebron needs to dedicate atleast 15 minutes of his hof speech to ray allen for saving him from being the biggest joke in the history of the nba

kNicKz
06-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Also by your logic Big Shot Rob saved Tim Duncan's, Kobe, and Shaq's legacy.

sounds about right :confusedshrug:

lakers fans on here have usernames saying horryforMVP and such

Magic 32
06-20-2013, 09:31 AM
honestly lebron needs to dedicate atleast 15 minutes of his hof speech to ray allen for saving him from being the biggest joke in the history of the nba

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

jzek
06-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Without LBJ's 19 pts in the 4th, Allen wouldn't have to make that 3.

chosen_wun
06-20-2013, 09:51 AM
*Brings team back from defecit in an elimination game*

*Gets criticized for not scoring game tying 3*

InsideHoops

ripthekik
06-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Without LBJ's 19 pts in the 4th, Allen wouldn't have to make that 3.
If lebron didn't choke so hard at the end and turnover twice in a row, Allen wouldn't have to make that 3.

bagelred
06-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Forget the points Lebron scored in the 4th quarter. Those last few minutes he played AWFUL except for that 3 pointer.

jzek
06-20-2013, 09:57 AM
If lebron didn't choke so hard at the end and turnover twice in a row, Allen wouldn't have to make that 3.

If LeBron didn't score 19 pts in the 4th, Allen wouldn't have to make that 3. See? This could go on forever because one event is needed to get to the next event. Allen needed LBJ to choke... but he also needed LBJ to score 19 pts in the 4th so his 3 would matter.

Ne 1
06-20-2013, 10:00 AM
If LeBron didn't score 19 pts in the 4th, Allen wouldn't have to make that 3. See? This could go on forever because one event is needed to get to the next event. Allen needed LBJ to choke... but he also needed LBJ to score 19 pts in the 4th so his 3 would matter.

He turned the ball over at the most crucial moment of the game. But let's just ignore that because he scored 19 pts.

Ass Dan
06-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Well also, if not for the Bosh's offensive rebound. The heat did it together, everyone did their part. one person screwed up that moment, entire team loses. stop stirring shit.

great post. Two days later and I am STILL in awe of Ray's shot.

hawkfan
06-20-2013, 10:11 AM
I mean if he misses that shot ... it's over, not only another Finals loss, but another situation in the clutch where LeBron threw up some bricks and turned the ball over in critical possessions (granted he did hit that one three, but missed a couple of other shots).

If that's how it had gone down and that's basically what it looked like ... LeBron would probably never live it down.

Jesus (Shuttlesworth) Saves.

The way Fisher and Horry saved Kobe's?

Get real.

Kobe had help and LeBron has help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mav2iBA1cwo

Mr. Incredible
06-20-2013, 11:04 AM
How many tears were shed and bones broken after that play by these haters? :lol

nathanjizzle
06-20-2013, 11:09 AM

or you can judge by what he did after the game was tied in the 4th which began at 6 minutes.

plowking
06-20-2013, 11:14 AM
He turned the ball over at the most crucial moment of the game. But let's just ignore that because he scored 19 pts.

Every player is capable of making a mistake. Lebron was balling for the whole 4th quarter, and made a few turnovers. No big deal, since he redeemed himself.

I'm not quite sure how you can quantify this as a failure on Lebron's part when his play is the thing directly responsible for the win.

miller-time
06-20-2013, 08:45 PM
The way Fisher and Horry saved Kobe's?

Get real.

Kobe had help and LeBron has help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mav2iBA1cwo

Not to mention the refs in 2002...

talkingconch
06-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes he did.

Lebron will still be a choker even after the Heat win tonight. He collapsed in the final moments. Bricked three, turnover, almost backcourt violation during inbounds. Only stans are delusional

BBallZen83
06-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Can there be any semblance of a reasonable conversation. Lebron played great through most of the 4th. They inserted Wade into the lineup with about 4 mins to go, and things went down hill. Lebron had two very costly turnovers no doubt. He still hit that three to even give ray a chance to tie the game. Overall he had a great 4th quarter with 2 very costly errors. We still won the game.

BBallZen83
06-20-2013, 09:10 PM
And lets not forget, If lebron didnt orchestrate that 4th quarter run to get us back in the game, there would have been no game 7 in the first place.

DatAsh
06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Two things stick out to me here.

1. Miami hasn't won yet.
2. Lebron still has many more years to affect his legacy.

WWRWestbrookDo?
06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
lets not forget lebron did hit the 3 before Allen

Goldrush25
06-20-2013, 10:34 PM
The inherent problem with the standard that Lebron is held to, is that he is expected to do everything.

When the Spurs lose, do people by default blame Tony Parker? Nope. It's sometimes blamed on him, but other times it's Tim Duncan. Other times it's Ginobili.

When the Heat lose, it's always Lebron's fault according to critics. Every single time, it comes down to what Lebron didn't do. No matter how well he plays, he's blamed. If he has a high FG % and point total, it's because he didn't get everyone involved. When he shoots poorly and defers, it's because he's too passive.

And everyone knows I'm right. What kind of crap is that? No other player in history has been held to that standard. Someone explain to me why Lebron has to personally win every game for his team.

DMAVS41
06-20-2013, 10:41 PM
The inherent problem with the standard that Lebron is held to, is that he is expected to do everything.

When the Spurs lose, do people by default blame Tony Parker? Nope. It's sometimes blamed on him, but other times it's Tim Duncan. Other times it's Ginobili.

When the Heat lose, it's always Lebron's fault according to critics. Every single time, it comes down to what Lebron didn't do. No matter how well he plays, he's blamed. If he has a high FG % and point total, it's because he didn't get everyone involved. When he shoots poorly and defers, it's because he's too passive.

And everyone knows I'm right. What kind of crap is that? No other player in history has been held to that standard.

Because Lebron is chasing the greatest of all time. That is why he's held to an absurd standard.

The other top 10 players of all time all day crazy good things throughout their careers. And part of it is because of the 11 finals.

And his finals play this year. Good, but not great...and if they lose it's just hard to ignore.

The standard was created by guys like MJ, Shaq, Kareem, Duncan, Magic, Bird, and Hakeem...etc. I mean...do people forget just how dominant Shaq was just a decade ago? That is the standard...as it should be.

Until I see Lebron play great and lose a series on this Miami team...I think it's fair to say the standards are just fine.

Goldrush25
06-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Because Lebron is chasing the greatest of all time. That is why he's held to an absurd standard.

The other top 10 players of all time all day crazy good things throughout their careers. And part of it is because of the 11 finals.

And his finals play this year. Good, but not great...and if they lose it's just hard to ignore.

The standard was created by guys like MJ, Shaq, Kareem, Duncan, Magic, Bird, and Hakeem...etc. I mean...do people forget just how dominant Shaq was just a decade ago? That is the standard...as it should be.

Until I see Lebron play great and lose a series on this Miami team...I think it's fair to say the standards are just fine.

His critics already say he's not of that "GOAT" ilk, yet they still use the same standards. So they play both sides of it.

Either he's in that class or he doesn't deserve this level of scrutiny.

DMAVS41
06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
His critics already say he's not of that "GOAT" ilk, yet they still use the same standards. So they play both sides of it.

Either he's in that class or he doesn't deserve this level of scrutiny.

He's already done enough to put him in the top 11 of all time for sure.

But his legacy is not yet written...so we wait.

Xiengqichess
06-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Lebron gave himself a chance to be saved though!

Straight_Ballin
06-20-2013, 11:19 PM

This is total ownage. I don't even want to see the decimation if the Heat lose. It's pathetic enough that they couldn't sweep this old man trio.