PDA

View Full Version : Finals Game 7 where players show their true colors, Lebron > Kobe

Derivative
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Lebron
37 points, 12/23 FG, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals

lead team in points, rebounds, assist, steal, and WIN

Kobe
23 points, 6/24 FG, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 turnovers

choked on biggest stage and got carried by teammates and refs to win

Video evidence of 2010 finals game 7 being rigged:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnXxQlPC48

Trollsmasher
06-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Even Wade was better tonight than Kobe

Wade
23 points, 11/21 FG, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 turnover, steal and 2 blocks

black&scholes
06-21-2013, 12:59 AM
kobe is just a choker who got carried by good teammates and refs

kobe was carried by refs in 2002 and 2010, and was lucky that KG was injured in 2009 playoffs.

without shaq, refs' rigging, and KG's injury, Kobe would of won 0 rings.

tazb
06-21-2013, 01:01 AM
:roll: Arguably one of the best Game 7's in NBA history compared to the worst.

tazb
06-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Even Wade was better tonight than Kobe

Wade
23 points, 11/21 FG, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 turnover, steal and 2 blocks
:lol :roll:

SavageMode
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Kobe stans avoiding this thread like the plague.

Magic 32
06-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Lebron
37 points, 12/23 FG, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals

lead team in points, rebounds, assist, steal, and WIN

Kobe
23 points, 6/24 FG, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 turnovers

choked on biggest stage and got carried by teammates and refs to win

Video evidence of 2010 finals game 7 being rigged:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnXxQlPC48

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/v6OoOY5ahvs/hqdefault.jpg

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kobe_bryant_finger.jpg

14th season. Sliding out of his prime. Found a way. Truly heroic.

Kiddlovesnets
06-21-2013, 01:03 AM
:roll: Arguably one of the best Game 7's in NBA history compared to the worst.

lol this... Tbh there'd be little point bashing on Kobe if there were no kobestans trashtalking other players/teams. Think about it, why would you waste minutes or hours of your life hating on someone who's completely irrelevant in current NBA? I wouldnt, unless some stans keep bringing him up lol.

fozi
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Kobe is hurting you bad my friend.. I'm starting to think the girl he raped is related to you somehow.. Chill, the guy is probably doing something useful now rather than you having his D in your V..

Despite LeBron and Kobe, you and montana have to visit a shrink..

Leave the forum and the basketball alone my friend, you have a bigger issue i swear...

Ne 1
And Bron got outplayed by Jason Terry in the last 3 games of the 2011 Finals. A 34 year old bench player who's never made an All-Star game. :oldlol:

TylerOO
:applause: :applause:

Me and LeBron aint worried bout nothing

chosen_wun
06-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Hey now !!! Colby had 15 rebounds that he grabbed from all the bricks.

Hey nowwwww. Give him credit guys.

sportjames23
06-21-2013, 01:07 AM
It's gonna be like this all summer, ain't it? :oldlol:

RoseCity07
06-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Lebron is flat out better than Kobe in clutch situations and this series proves it. Kobe is a better jump shooter but Lebron does everything else better. That being said, when Lebron shoots well it's not even close.

Derivative
06-21-2013, 01:13 AM
**** Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Derivative
06-21-2013, 01:15 AM
And Bron got outplayed by Jason Terry in the last 3 games of the 2011 Finals. A 34 year old bench player who's never made an All-Star game. :oldlol:

lol u so mad

Derivative
06-21-2013, 01:24 AM
kobe fans avoiding this thread like the plague

tazb
06-21-2013, 01:28 AM
:lol true.

oh the horror
06-21-2013, 01:29 AM
Kobe is hurting you bad my friend.. I'm starting to think the girl he raped is related to you somehow.. Chill, the guy is probably doing something useful now rather than you having his D in your V..

Despite LeBron and Kobe, you and montana have to visit a shrink..

Leave the forum and the basketball alone my friend, you have a bigger issue i swear...

This.

It's getting scary around here.

oh the horror
06-21-2013, 01:30 AM

No. We're here. You're just ignoring us making fun of you.

Mr. Jabbar
06-21-2013, 01:33 AM
lebrons team >>>>>>> kobes team, gotta put things in perspective. What kobe did with that lineup is amazing, the cheat promised 7 titles when forming thats how cheaply and unfair it is. lebron has yet to prove himself without unprecedented help. and i truly think he never will

Kiddlovesnets
06-21-2013, 01:35 AM
lebrons team >>>>>>> kobes team, gotta put things in perspective. What kobe did with that lineup is amazing, the cheat promised 7 titles when forming thats how cheaply and unfair it is. lebron has yet to prove himself without unprecedented help. and i truly think he never will

But Kobe had a S-grade legendary coach while Lebron had a C-grade average coach. Just by looking at the Spurs you know how a great coach can turn the entire series/momentum around, had Lakers or Spurs hired Spolestra they'd not make it to NBA finals.

fozi
06-21-2013, 03:52 AM
But Kobe had a S-grade legendary coach while Lebron had a C-grade average coach. Just by looking at the Spurs you know how a great coach can turn the entire series/momentum around, had Lakers or Spurs hired Spolestra they'd not make it to NBA finals.

But then why didnt LeBron win before moving to miami if you're disregarding teammates ?

Why didnt he win when he had a C grade coach in Mike Brown ?

By your means, LeBron is better than MJ..

I personally dont need to justify who is doing what.. Resumes speak for itself

WayOfWade
06-21-2013, 03:55 AM
While we're all adding fuel to fire, LeBron also owns Kobe in Elimination Games in general.

imdaman99
06-21-2013, 03:55 AM
No. We're here. You're just ignoring us making fun of you.
can you find the thread he made about lebron james traveling against the bulls? this guy is the definition of bandwagoner.

as for OP, he was waiting to make his 317th thread about kobe. he has 821 posts, and 317 of the threads he's made are about kobe. the other 3 are about the lakers in general. kobe lives rent-free in his mind :rockon:

Doranku
06-21-2013, 03:58 AM
:roll: Bron's second option, 6"3' shooting guard went 11-21.

Kobe's second option, 7' Center went 6-17. :roll:

Kobe played a MUCH superior team than the LOSER San Antonio Spurs. Celtics had no one nearly as inferior as Scrubu Scrubobili as an integral piece to their lineup.

2010 Celtics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2013 Spurs

imdaman99
06-21-2013, 04:03 AM

Kobe played a MUCH superior team than the LOSER San Antonio Spurs. Celtics had no one nearly as inferior as Scrubu Scrubobili as an integral piece to their lineup.

not to mention those 2010 celtics embarrassed mr lebron james and forced him to quit on the cavs :oldlol:

NumberSix
06-21-2013, 05:05 AM
not to mention those 2010 celtics embarrassed mr lebron james and forced him to quit on the cavs :oldlol:
40 years.

Pots n pans.

RRR3
06-21-2013, 06:37 AM

Except Gasol had a much better playoffs than wade.

Derivative
09-29-2013, 09:49 AM
bump

asdf1990
09-29-2013, 11:29 AM
kobe being exposed again as being unclutch nothing new. Sure he can hit game winners against the likes of the bobcats, hornets and bucks in the regular season but when it gets serious in the playoffs he goes MIA

LAZERUSS
09-29-2013, 01:51 PM
There is no question that Kobe has been perhaps the worst Finals performer of any top-10 player of all-time. Having said that, though, Kobe was the main reason the Lakers got past Duncan's team's so often in the post-season.

As for Lebron, I think he has a solid case over the CAREERS of Kobe, Hakeem, and Bird. Clearly, another ring and FMVP, and he vaults well past them.

sportjames23
09-29-2013, 02:01 PM
There is no question that Kobe has been perhaps the worst Finals performer of any top-10 player of all-time. Having said that, though, Kobe was the main reason the Lakers got past Duncan's team's so often in the post-season.

As for Lebron, I think he has a solid case over the CAREERS of Kobe, Hakeem, and Bird. Clearly, another ring and FMVP, and he vaults well past them.

Da fuq?

LAZERUSS
09-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Da fuq?

Bird has an edge in rings..and that is it. Now, give me Hakeem's "edge's" over Lebron. Like rings, MVPs, FMVPs, 60+ game winning teams, scoring titles, post-season ppg, etc.

Once again, take a look at Lebron's nine year career. He simply has been a better player than any of those three. And barring injury, he will easily surpass all three of them on virtually any all-time list by the time he hangs it up.

zoom17
09-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Bird has an edge in rings..and that is it. Now, give me Hakeem's "edge's" over Lebron. Like rings, MVPs, FMVPs, 60+ game winning teams, scoring titles, post-season ppg, etc.

Once again, take a look at Lebron's nine year career. He simply has been a better player than any of those three. And barring injury, he will easily surpass all three of them on virtually any all-time list by the time he hangs it up.

:applause:

imdaman99
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
*BUMPED* :banana:

how many teams would have lebron james jumped to if he had to play the 2010 celtics in the playoffs every year? :roll:

zoom17
09-29-2013, 07:37 PM
*BUMPED* :banana:

how many teams would have lebron james jumped to if he had to play the 2010 celtics in the playoffs every year? :roll:

:facepalm This thread is about game 7s which lebron is better at.

Fresh Kid
09-29-2013, 07:43 PM
kobe won his 5th ring, where lebron won his 2nd asterisk ring, plus Lebron iz a bitch, hes not clutch like kobe, he dont have that heart, passion, competitiveness, and true grit like kobe, plus if it weren't for ray Allen and popavich there would be no game 7 in tha first damn place:no:

zoom17
09-29-2013, 07:46 PM
kobe won his 5th ring, where lebron won his 2nd asterisk ring, plus Lebron iz a bitch, hes not clutch like kobe, he dont have that heart, passion, competitiveness, and true grit like kobe, plus if it weren't for ray Allen and popavich there would be no game 7 in tha first damn place:no:

chill out and take a breather you sounding like a butt hurt ****** right now. BTW Lebron is better:roll: :roll: :roll:

Deuce Bigalow
09-29-2013, 07:53 PM

Kobe - 5
Lebron - 2
Wilt - 2

zoom17
09-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Kobe - 5
Lebron - 2
Wilt - 2

Lebron,Wilt>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

Deuce Bigalow
09-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Lebron,Wilt>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe
5 > 2

LAZERUSS
09-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Kobe - 5
Lebron - 2
Wilt - 2

Rings are TEAM achievements. And Kobe was a mere sidekick in THREE of his, and his teammates had to overcome his horrible play in another.

Using your criteria, Havlicek was MUCH greater than Kobe. He was a better sidekick in six of his Finals (and the reality was, he was probably even more of a key player than Russell in at least one of those, and perhaps two) and clearly a better Finals performer as THE guy.

The real mark of greatness?

The RECORD BOOK.

Jameerthefear
09-30-2013, 12:03 AM
op just made me get a newfound respect for lebron. what a smart and respectable poster. looks like ill have to knock wilt out of my top 10 though now.

air mamba
09-30-2013, 03:30 AM
you people need help, its not that serious.

:oldlol:

Fresh Kid
09-30-2013, 04:24 AM
chill out and take a breather you sounding like a butt hurt ****** right now. BTW Lebron is better:roll: :roll: :roll:
i sound butt hurt cuz kobe has more ringz and actually deserved his rings??:confusedshrug:

Hoopz2332
09-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Kobe's stats in game 7

Kobe Bryant G7 Stats:
21.4 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 5.1 APG, .9 SPG, 1.6 BPG, 2.0 TOPG, 39.5 FG%, 32.4 3P%, 70.2 FT%

-W/out Game 5

masonx20
09-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Too many bandwagons on this board. Some years ago you're all cheering for Kobe now you're cheering for Lebron just because his team is winning. What next? Steve Urkle?

FiveRings
09-30-2013, 09:36 AM
These guys have only played in one Finals game 7 a piece. Not exactly a very big sample size. An NBA Championship series takes 4 games to win. Not one game.

Kobe was 6/24 FGs, but also scored 11 points from the line which was huge, and of course the 15 rebounds. If you want to talk about bad Finals games, let's look at some of Lebron's and see how they compare to the game Kobe haters always bring up.

Game 3 vs the Spurs this year - Lebron James scores 15 points on 7/21 FGs, while grabbing 11 rebounds, 4 less than Kobe's game 7. Zero free throw attempts. Kobe helped will the Lakers to the win in part by outsmarting the Celtics and forcing them to foul him giving him 15 chances at the charity stripe, while in Lebron's game 3 he couldn't use his freakish talent and freakish athleticism to get himself even one trip to the line? Bryant's game 7 was way better than this Finals game from Lebron, especially seeing as LA won and Miami lost.

2007 NBA Finals game 1 - Lebron James scores 14 points on 4/16 FGs. Cavs lose. Bryant's game 7 way better.

2007 NBA Finals game 4 - Lebron James scores 24 points on 10/30 FGs. Only hits 2 free throws, which is 9 less than Kobe's game 7. Only 6 rebounds, which is 9 less rebounds than Kobe. Terrible game from Lebron as the Spurs complete the sweep. Bryant's game 7 way better than this Lebron Finals game.

2011 NBA Finals game 4 - Lebron in his prime scores 8 points on 3/11 FGs. Two free throws made. Lebron played bad most of this series, and lost games 4, 5, and 6. Three straight NBA Finals games lost against the Mavericks, who were huge underdogs, and Lebron had the second best player in the East as his teammate.

Lebron's game 7 was great, but he didn't play well for a good chunk of the series. He's had his share of bad Finals games just like Kobe has.

HurricaneKid
09-30-2013, 12:13 PM

2010 Playoffs Against Boston:

LeBron (QUIT THE SERIES!!)
26.8ppg, 9.3Reb, 7.3asst, 2.2stl, 1.2Bl on 44.7%

Kobe (Pinnacle of career as Finals MVP)
28.6ppg, 9.0Reb, 3.9Asst, 2.1St, .7Bl on 40.5%

To get 1.8ppg more Kobe took 23.3FGA/Gm to LeBron's 19.0.

I'm curious, are we suggesting LeBron is SOOOooo much better than Kobe that his quitting is >> Kobe's best?

HurricaneKid
09-30-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm sick of hearing people suggest that Kobe's G7 was anything less than a trainwreck. his performance was indefensible. Just because he stole reb from his teammates and corralled most of the boards Boston didn't compete for doesn't mean he played well. In the first half he was definitively the worst player on the floor by a wide margin. He calmed down and made some FTs but suggesting his play was a positive for the team is hilarious.

Here is a list of all the games, regular AND postseason, where LeBron has shot .250 on 24+ FGA and his team still won:

Here is a list of all the games, regular AND postseason, where LeBron has shot .250 on 24+ FGA:

SHORT LISTS.

FiveRings
09-30-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm sick of hearing people suggest that Kobe's G7 was anything less than a trainwreck. his performance was indefensible. Just because he stole reb from his teammates and corralled most of the boards Boston didn't compete for doesn't mean he played well. In the first half he was definitively the worst player on the floor by a wide margin. He calmed down and made some FTs but suggesting his play was a positive for the team is hilarious.

Here is a list of all the games, regular AND postseason, where LeBron has shot .250 on 24+ FGA and his team still won:

Here is a list of all the games, regular AND postseason, where LeBron has shot .250 on 24+ FGA:

SHORT LISTS.
Why the strict criteria of .250 on 24+ FGA? I posted above several NBA Finals games from Lebron that were MUCH worse than that.

Dirk's game where his team closed out the Heat and won the Championship was just as bad as Kobe's game 7, but Dirk has far less haters, so unlike in Kobe's case, people give Dirk credit for his play throughout the whole series rather than focusing on his one really bad game.

Dirk's game 6 - 21 points on 9/27 FGs. He was only able to get himself 2 free throws all game compared to Bryant who got himself to the line 15 times. 4 less rebounds than Kobe as well. Kobe had just as good of an all around game as Dirk, but Dirk doesn't get the hate Kobe does because Dirk is not a top ten all time player like Bryant is.

Hoopz2332
09-30-2013, 05:14 PM
These guys have only played in one Finals game 7 a piece. Not exactly a very big sample size. An NBA Championship series takes 4 games to win. Not one game.

Kobe was 6/24 FGs, but also scored 11 points from the line which was huge, and of course the 15 rebounds. If you want to talk about bad Finals games, let's look at some of Lebron's and see how they compare to the game Kobe haters always bring up.

Game 3 vs the Spurs this year - Lebron James scores 15 points on 7/21 FGs, while grabbing 11 rebounds, 4 less than Kobe's game 7. Zero free throw attempts. Kobe helped will the Lakers to the win in part by outsmarting the Celtics and forcing them to foul him giving him 15 chances at the charity stripe, while in Lebron's game 3 he couldn't use his freakish talent and freakish athleticism to get himself even one trip to the line? Bryant's game 7 was way better than this Finals game from Lebron, especially seeing as LA won and Miami lost.

2007 NBA Finals game 1 - Lebron James scores 14 points on 4/16 FGs. Cavs lose. Bryant's game 7 way better.

2007 NBA Finals game 4 - Lebron James scores 24 points on 10/30 FGs. Only hits 2 free throws, which is 9 less than Kobe's game 7. Only 6 rebounds, which is 9 less rebounds than Kobe. Terrible game from Lebron as the Spurs complete the sweep. Bryant's game 7 way better than this Lebron Finals game.

2011 NBA Finals game 4 - Lebron in his prime scores 8 points on 3/11 FGs. Two free throws made. Lebron played bad most of this series, and lost games 4, 5, and 6. Three straight NBA Finals games lost against the Mavericks, who were huge underdogs, and Lebron had the second best player in the East as his teammate.

Lebron's game 7 was great, but he didn't play well for a good chunk of the series. He's had his share of bad Finals games just like Kobe has.

lebron is a better game 7/elimination game player period.

Bandito
09-30-2013, 05:19 PM

I wouldn't recommend you losing time with these troll but nonetheless, nice use of logic:applause:

Derivative
12-02-2013, 09:38 AM
lol

retaxis
12-02-2013, 10:02 AM
children please..All great players begin their careers with a lot #controversy. e.g. Kobe choking away 2004 (with the best team in NBA history Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Gary Payton, Fisher, Phil) and 2008 against the celtics (both in his prime). Lebron James choking away 2011 against the Mavericks in his prime (new team and new identity fair enough to a degree), Magic Johnson AKA Tragic Johnson for choking away playoffs against Larry Bird. And even MJ choking in key moments against Detroit Pistons and Celtics. I don't know why children want to argue over their best players all day especially when you have boys like wilds/freshkid/russwest who loved Lebron and hoped he would come to New York and now hates everything about him because he doesn't. Key fact young lads: If you hate someone and despise everything they do (e.g. even how they celebrate wins) and excuse everything another player does despite it being 'bad' e.g. not passing up the right play/right shots) your demonstrating to all the adults here a sense of 'splitting' which is a common form of personality disorder (mental illness) where you hold your valued person in such high light that they can do no wrong where another person whom you hate can do no right. Remember kids, your dumber then you think :roll:

AintNoSunshine
12-02-2013, 10:05 AM
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/v6OoOY5ahvs/hqdefault.jpg

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kobe_bryant_finger.jpg

14th season. Sliding out of his prime. Found a way. Truly heroic.

What are you trying to say by posting those ugly fingers???