PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's shooting

Le Shaqtus
06-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Who else was in awe last night from his shooting last night? He was hitting almost everything they gave him. He was shitting on everyone in the second half, a bunch of nice 3's and that dagger from mid range left my jaw hanging.

gengiskhan
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Who else was in awe last night from his shooting last night? He was hitting almost everything they gave him. He was shitting on everyone in the second half, a bunch of nice 3's and that dagger from mid range left my jaw hanging.

I was waiting for this LBJ to show up!

not looking for even caring for Wade.:bowdown:

Practice shot after practice shot 3 pointers. even with bouncing the ball once. :bowdown:

attacking the rim at will. :bowdown:

playing killer defense on Parker & destroying his stats. :bowdown:

He was holding himself back for god knows what stupid reason. :facepalm

Finally went on the takeover mode.

fpliii
06-21-2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shooting.cgi?player_id=jamesle01&year_id=2013&shot_distance=16-3P&is_playoffs=1

.455 from midrange for the series

BBallZen83
06-21-2013, 11:05 AM
He changed his mentality as the series dragged on. Couldnt have come at a more crucial time.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Wow. So he did what 90% of NBA superstars should be able to do. HIT WIDE OPEN SHOTS. Let's just stop debating this. Lebron is the GOAT. So great that the Spurs sag off him from 6 feet away and dare him to hit jumpers. MJ never went through that hellacious type of defense.:oldlol:

tmacattack33
06-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Wow. So he did what 90% of NBA superstars should be able to do. HIT WIDE OPEN SHOTS. Let's just stop debating this. Lebron is the GOAT. So great that the Spurs sag off him from 6 feet away and dare him to hit jumpers. MJ never went through that hellacious type of defense.:oldlol:

He is good enough to force the Spurs into that type of defense. Therefore, he gets credit for scoring. He (his threat of driving) created those open jumpers.

Mike Miller would hit those open jumpers too...but his threat of driving the basketball is not great enough to force people into sagging off of him. Therefore, he is not a super-star.

Not too difficult to understand.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 11:30 AM
He is good enough to force the Spurs into that type of defense. Therefore, he gets credit for scoring. He (his threat of driving) created those open jumpers.

Mike Miller would hit those open jumpers too...but his threat of driving the basketball is not great enough to force people into sagging off of him. Therefore, he is not a super-star.

Not too difficult to understand.

Lmao. Most superstars a threat with their penetration. That doesn't mean you literally sag off them from 6 feet away. Gave him the Rondo treatment in the Finals. Bahahahahaha.

Difference between MJ and Lebron. Lebron doesn't dictate or control a defense. MJ does.

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 11:33 AM
This. Why so impressed?
They gave him WIDE OPEN shots last night. Any star would have been able to capitalize on those long ago. But lebron finally was able to do so in 1 out of 7 games :oldlol:

we gon act like he hit tons of tough shots now? :rolleyes:

tikay0
06-21-2013, 11:36 AM
This. Why so impressed?
They gave him WIDE OPEN shots last night. Any star would have been able to capitalize on those long ago. But lebron finally was able to do so in 1 out of 7 games :oldlol:

C'mon man. This is the same fan base that hyped up his screen setting. What do you expect?:oldlol:

plowking
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Lmao. Most superstars a threat with their penetration. That doesn't mean you literally sag off them from 6 feet away. Gave him the Rondo treatment in the Finals. Bahahahahaha.

Difference between MJ and Lebron. Lebron doesn't dictate or control a defense. MJ does.

Isn't making them crowd the paint dictating the defense? They gave up open 3's all series long to his teammates so they could stop Lebron.

I'd say that's a player dictating how defense is played for your team.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-21-2013, 11:40 AM
This. Why so impressed?

It is somewhat impressive considering he hit SAID shots he hasn't ALL series (didn't hit them back in '07 either). You're right though. He SHOULD be knocking those down. The guy is WIDE open. :oldlol:

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 11:41 AM

I dont think you know what dictating the defense means...clearly Lebron was dictating the defense by forcing the Spurs to sag off of him and respect his driving ability. All the NBA analysts even mentionned that you cannot stop Lebron you can only contain him somewhat by allowing him to take jumpers

tikay0
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Isn't making them crowd the paint dictating the defense? They gave up open 3's all series long to his teammates so they could stop Lebron.

I'd say that's a player dictating how defense is played for your team.

No. The spurs are dictating what lebron should do. Hit wide open jumpers. Opposing teams double and triple MJ as soon as he touches the ball AKA Shaq treatment. Opposing teams literally give Lebron free shots that he was scuuuuuured to take until game 7.

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
It is somewhat impressive considering he hit SAID shots he hasn't ALL series (didn't hit them back in '07 either). You're right though. He SHOULD be knocking those down. The guy is WIDE open. :oldlol:
I think a big part of why everyone was so surprised and shocked was that... he was missing those wide open shots earlier. We were actually SURPRISED to see him make them in game 7:eek:

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
This. Why so impressed?

well Kobe wasnt able to in game 7 with his 6-24 FG :roll:

tikay0
06-21-2013, 11:44 AM

Sorry bro, but teams don't give wide open jumpers to Kobe.

tpols
06-21-2013, 11:44 AM
I was surprised how they were playing him with some of those threes.. Like staying TEN feet off him and letting him dribble into a rythym where it literally was a practice shot smh..

You have to crowd him a bit and then when he drives step back completely leaving him open for the long two. That's what they were doing in the past.. No idea why they gave him wide open threes like that.

ripthekik
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
lol, was he wide open with 2 feet of space in front of him?
:roll:
thanks buddy

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Hmm i wonder why...maybe because Kobe couldnt drive to the basket for shit in the past few years and is always relying on taking fade aways and low percentage shots? :confusedshrug:

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 11:53 AM
lol, was he wide open with 2 feet of space in front of him?
:roll:
thanks buddy

why would they they give him space? its not like Kobe is as dangerous as Lebron when it comes to driving to the basket. The defenders play him tight because they are more afraid of his fade aways than his driving abilities

tmacattack33
06-21-2013, 11:53 AM

Well then he shoulda drove to the basket. But he couldn't do it and didn't do it, because he wasn't good enough.

Electric Slide
06-21-2013, 11:54 AM
why would they they give him space? its not like Kobe is as dangerous as Lebron when it comes to driving to the basket. The defenders play him tight because they are more afraid of his fade aways than his driving abilities
Kobe prefers to shoot jumpers because it looks cooler.

It doesn't matter that it's a lower percentage shot because it's not as good for YouTube mixes.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Hmm i wonder why...maybe because Kobe couldnt drive to the basket for shit in the past few years and is always relying on taking fade aways and low percentage shots? :confusedshrug:

Hmmmmm, in his prime Kobe would destroy you in the triple threat, and would never be given WIDE OPEN SHOTS. :facepalm

You're acting like Lebron blew past a fat ass Boris Diaw, being single covered. Yes, when he gets to the rim, he's met by multiple defenders (just like any superstar :facepalm ), but he couldn't initially get past a fat ass Boris Diaw. :facepalm

tikay0
06-21-2013, 11:56 AM
It's funny. You guys are just gonna act like Lebron is this deadly, skilled assassin, when suckas were starting, "I'm done with Lebron" threads just a few days ago. :oldlol:

Worst stans in the history of the NBA.

Jacks3
06-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Well then he shoulda drove to the basket. But he couldn't do it and didn't do it, because he wasn't good enough.
Did you even watch Kobe in his prime? WTF.

Jacks3
06-21-2013, 11:58 AM
C'mon guys. Stop hating.

Hitting WIDE OPEN jumpers is legendary stuff.

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Hmmmmm, in his prime Kobe would destroy you in the triple threat, and would never be given WIDE OPEN SHOTS. :facepalm

You're acting like Lebron blew past a fat ass Boris Diaw, being single covered. Yes, when he gets to the rim, he's met by multiple defenders (just like any superstar :facepalm ), but he couldn't initially get past a fat ass Boris Diaw. :facepalm

And still Kobe was never as efficient as Lebron...whats your point? are you trying to say that the Spurs purposely let Lebron score? they had no other way to stop him other than giving him those shots.

and obviously you`re not gonna blow by anyone when all your defender does is give you space to deny the drive and give you the shot. He was getting to the rim pretty much at will when he was guarded tight by Leonard and kicking it out for wide open shots for his teammates

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:03 PM
And still Kobe was never as efficient as Lebron...whats your point? are you trying to say that the Spurs purposely let Lebron score? they had no other way to stop him other than giving him those shots.

and obviously you`re not gonna blow by anyone when all your defender does is give you space to deny the drive and give you the shot.

Let me reiterate. Lebron couldn't get past OR hit a jumper on a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Yes, you heard me correct. He couldn't get past a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Boris Diaw was guarding Lebron. Yes, I said it.

Where was Lebron's post game? His vaunted and "improved" post game. :oldlol:

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Let me reiterate. Lebron couldn't get past OR hit a jumper on a fat ass Boris Diaw.

Lebron averaged 25pts, 11rebs and 7 ast on 45%FG and 35% from 3point while making clutch plays and knocking down 5 threes in game 7. I guess thats called being shutdown nowadays :rolleyes:

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Lebron averaged 25pts, 11rebs and 7 ast on 45%FG and 35% from 3point while making clutch plays and knocking down 5 threes in game 7. I guess thats called being shutdown nowadays :rolleyes:

A majority of his efficient scoring came from stat padding/front running time.

Let me reiterate. He couldn't get past a fat ass Diaw.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't rewrite history, and act like Lebron shut it down in the Finals. If you have any ounce of credibility, you're not gonna act like Lebron was dominant.

Le Shaqtus
06-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I made a thread about LeBron praising his awesome game 7, he came through when his team needed him most, thats all you can ask of your star player. Not so butthurt kids can cry about him winning or making excuses.

I'm not a fan of LeBron, in fact I think he's a prima donna sissy, and his stans on this board are pathetic. But he had a game for the ages, he lived up to his hype and hit shot after shot and led his team to a title like an All Time Great should. I know some of you are still salty as shit and it shows, you're gonna have to live with LeBron being clutch and winning a title fair and square.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I made a thread about LeBron praising his awesome game 7, he came through when his team needed him most, thats all you can ask of your star player. Not so butthurt kids can cry about him winning or making excuses.

I'm not a fan of LeBron, in fact I think he's a prima donna sissy, and his stans on this board are pathetic. But he had a game for the ages, he lived up to his hype and hit shot after shot and led his team to a title like an All Time Great should. I know some of you are still salty as shit and it shows, you're gonna have to live with LeBron being clutch and winning a title fair and square.

Ray Ray saved dat ass.

Electric Slide
06-21-2013, 12:23 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't rewrite history, and act like Lebron shut it down in the Finals. If you have any ounce of credibility, you're not gonna act like Lebron was dominant.
I'm sure Duncan in the interior had nothing to do with it. Nope, it's just the fact that he couldn't beat Diaw. :facepalm

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm sure Duncan in the interior had nothing to do with it. Nope, it's just the fact that he couldn't beat Diaw. :facepalm

Did you read my previous post. :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM

oh yea i totally saw how Lebron wasnt able to get past Boris Diaw in the 2nd half of game 6 and game 7. Did you see how shook Lebron was? Boris Diaw held Lebron to only 37pts in game 7 (which isnt the most important game of the whole year or anything) and all of those points came in garbage time anyway. right?

and Boris Diaw also shut down Lebron in game 6 even though Spurs had a 10 point lead going in the 4th and were 1 quarter away from the championship. Its not like Lebron had anything to do with that comeback and he never went into beast mode after his headband was knocked off. right? :applause:

K Xerxes
06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Eh, LeBron was far from dominant in the finals, but he stepped up big time in game 7 to lead his team to a championship. And, in this day and age, that's what ultimately counts.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
oh yea i totally saw how Lebron wasnt able to get past Boris Diaw in the 2nd half of game 6 and game 7. Did you see how shook Lebron was? Boris Diaw held Lebron to only 37pts in game 7 (which isnt the most important game of the whole year or anything) and all of those points came in garbage time anyway. right?

and Boris Diaw also shut down Lebron in game 6 even though Spurs had a 10 point lead going in the 4th and were 1 quarter away from the championship. Its not like Lebron had anything to do with that comeback and he never went into beast mode after his headband was knocked off :applause:

Did you watch game 7? Diaw guarded Lebron like 3 times. The majority of his defenders were mismatches on rotations. :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Did you watch game 7? Diaw guarded Lebron like 3 times. The majority of his defenders were mismatches on rotations. :facepalm

bu bu but... Lebron was guarded by Diaw who shut him down and prevented him from making an incredible comeback in game 6 :cry:

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:31 PM
bu bu but... Lebron was guarded by Diaw who shut him down and prevented him from making an incredible comeback in game 6 :cry:

Aren't you a Pistons fan? :confusedshrug:

Get off Lebron's dick. :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Aren't you a Pistons fan? :confusedshrug:

Get off Lebron's dick. :facepalm

this right here is the answer of someone who got proven wrong and has nothing else to come back with

how mad are you on a scale from 1 to 10?

:mad: /10

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:38 PM
this right here is the answer of someone who got proven wrong and has nothing else to come back with

how mad are you on a scale from 1 to 10?

:mad: /10

Proven wrong? I clearly stated Lebron couldn't get past or score on Diaw efficiently. You insinuated that I said Diaw guarded him the entire Finals. :facepalm

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:39 PM
If anything, I proved you wrong, by pointing out who guarded Lebron a majority of the time in game 7. I gave you an easy out, but you decided to go 1 on 1 with the great one. :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Proven wrong? I clearly stated Lebron couldn't get past or score on Diaw efficiently. You insinuated that I said Diaw guarded him the entire Finals. :facepalm

So you`re saying that Diaw was guarding Lebron the majority of the time but then you say that Lebron`s 25pts, 11rebs and 7ast average for the finals happened on scrubs during garbage time? cool story bro.

whatever fits your agenda i guess

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:43 PM
If anything, I proved you wrong, by pointing out who guarded Lebron a majority of the time in game 7. I gave you an easy out, but you decided to go 1 on 1 with the great one. :facepalm

Leonard was on Lebron majority of game 7... is he a scrub defender?

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:44 PM
So you`re saying that Diaw was guarding Lebron the majority of the time but then you say that Lebron`s 25pts, 11rebs and 7ast average for the finals happened on scrubs during garbage time? cool story bro.

whatever fits your agenda i guess

You're not good at this debating thing. You're twisting words at this point.

I never said Diaw guarded him a majority of the time.

Yes, a majority of his efficient scoring came in front running, stat padding time.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Leonard was on Lebron majority of game 7... is he a scrub defender?

When Leonard was guarding Lebron, his sole purpose was to give him wide open shots. The majority of Lebron's defensive opposition were mismatches on switches.

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
When Leonard was guarding Lebron, his sole purpose was to give him wide open shots. The majority of Lebron's defensive opposition were mismatches on switches.

that was the purpose of every single defender that was guarding him...even your boy Diaw. thats the only way they could contain him. But it still wasnt good enough

tikay0
06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
that was the purpose of every single defender that was guarding him...even your boy Diaw. thats the only way they could contain him. But it still wasnt good enough

Um, yes it was. The Spurs had the rings in their hands in game 6. EPIC CHOKE JOB.

Lebron came through in game 7, but he was still given wide open jumpers. Congratulations. You can hit wide open jumpers. :rockon: :banana: :applause:

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Um, yes it was. The Spurs had the rings in their hands in game 6. EPIC CHOKE JOB.

Lebron came through in game 7, but he was still given wide open jumpers. Congratulations. You can hit wide open jumpers. :rockon: :banana: :applause:

once again you seem to not understand that Lebron forced them to back up and give him open jumpers. You cannot both stop Lebron from driving and also denying him the shot. You are acting as if the Spurs were trying to lose the game on purpose by letting Lebron score.

Magic Johnson was given the same shooting room when he was playing in the finals agaisnt the Celtics. Does that make his accomplishments any less good? What are you trying to prove exactly? that Lebron and Magic Johnson arent as good shooters as Reggie Miller and Ray Allen? :hammerhead:

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:13 PM
once again you seem to not understand that Lebron forced them to back up and give him open jumpers. You cannot both stop Lebron from driving and also denying him the shot. You are acting as if the Spurs were trying to lose the game on purpose by letting Lebron score.

Magic Johnson was given the same shooting room when he was playing in the finals agaisnt the Celtics. Does that make his accomplishments any less good? What are you trying to prove exactly? that Lebron and Magic Johnson arent as good shooters as Reggie Miller and Ray Allen? :hammerhead:

I very much understand that the Spurs were giving him jumpers. What did I say that says otherwise?

My point is, Lebron should be able to make wide open jumpers. Yes, you give him the jumper, then he should kill you with the jumper. Is that so hard to understand? He did it in game 7. Congrats.

The thing is, you couldn't MJ either of those things. You couldn't dictate what you were going to do with MJ because he would beat your defense regardless.

He barely was able to get by his initial defenders on a majority of isolation matchups.

And let me reiterate, Boris fuggin Diaw was shutting his ass down, when they were matched 1 on 1. In case you want to twist my words and act like I said he guarded him a majority of the game. :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I very much understand that the Spurs were giving him jumpers. What did I say that says otherwise?

My point is, Lebron should be able to make wide open jumpers. Yes, you give him the jumper, then he should kill you with the jumper. Is that so hard to understand? He did it in game 7. Congrats.

The thing is, you couldn't MJ either of those things. You couldn't dictate what you were going to do with MJ because he would beat your defense regardless.

He barely was able to get by his initial defenders on a majority of isolation matchups.

And let me reiterate, Boris fuggin Diaw was shutting his ass down, when they were matched 1 on 1. In case you want to twist my words and act like I said he guarded him a majority of the game. :facepalm

Boris Diaw didnt shut any one down. Lebron simply missed some open shots because he isnt a great shooter. Neither was Magic johnson but he still is a top 5 player of all time and they both find other ways to score and impact the game. What you are trying to argue is that Lebron isnt as good as Jordan. But then again who is? what are you trying to prove?

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Boris Diaw didnt shut any one down. Lebron simply missed some open shots because he isnt a great shooter. Neither was Magic johnson but he still is a top 5 player of all time and they both find other ways to score and impact the game. What you are trying to argue is that Lebron isnt as good as Jordan. But then again who is? what are you trying to prove?

My main point was that Lebron's game 7 wasn't all that, considering he was doing what 99.9% of superstars would be able to do from game 1. HIT OPEN SHOTS.

Stop being all butthurt, and defending your god.

And yes, Boris did shut Lebron down. Couldn't get past him or hit jumpers on him. That's quite sad.

Peteballa
06-21-2013, 01:26 PM
When LeBron doesn't make his shots, he is a failure. When he does make them, it's because he's supposed to make them. Dude can not win in your eyes.

Oh well. 2x Finals MVP and champion. You all can talk all of the shit you want.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:28 PM
When LeBron doesn't make his shots, he is a failure. When he does make them, it's because he's supposed to make them. Dude can not win in your eyes.

Oh well. 2x Finals MVP and champion. You all can talk all of the shit you want.

No, when he does make them, "FINALLY YOU ***** BOY ****!".

Then when his stans say things like, "One of the greatest Finals performances ever!"

Me: "Woah, let's calm down now. Dude was making WIDE OPEN jumpers. Be easy."

RRR3
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Um...LeBron was guarded much more on jumpers against Indiana and had a better series. Regardless of his midrange game, he is a good 3Pt shooter and the spurs were retarded to sag off him so much last night.

Peteballa
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM

Then when his stans say things like, "One of the greatest Finals performances ever!"

You're right. He hit almost all of his jumpers. 5 three's from a guy really not known for his 3 pt shooting. 37/12 in the biggest game of his entire career.

Yeah, it was a ****ing great finals performance. You think it's easy hitting a jumper with that much pressure on you, ESPECIALLY if it's open?

You are the type of ****boy who's never played a game of basketball in his life. Hitting shots in rhythm, when someone is guarding you and you aren't consciously thinking about the shot, is the easiest way to hit shots if you aren't a knockdown shooter (Like Ray, Mike Miller, Danny Green, etc), especially for someone like LeBron, who has shown mental weakness at times.

For LeBron to hit shot after shot, with the Spurs saying "Shoot it, we know you'll miss it" by backing off, while the entire world is watching, is extremely impressive. It's a physical representation of LeBron overcoming his mental issues and destroying the Spurs.

RRR3
06-21-2013, 01:32 PM

He hit contested jumpers consistently in 2011 playoffs before finals. You need to stop acting like LeBron doesn't make tough shots

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
You're right. He hit almost all of his jumpers. 5 three's from a guy really not known for his 3 pt shooting. 37/12 in the biggest game of his entire career.

Yeah, it was a ****ing great finals performance. You think it's easy hitting a jumper with that much pressure on you, ESPECIALLY if it's open?

You are the type of ****boy who's never played a game of basketball in his life. Hitting shots in rhythm, when someone is guarding you and you aren't consciously thinking about the shot, is the easiest way to hit shots, especially for someone like LeBron, who has shown mental weakness at times.

For LeBron to hit shot after shot, with the Spurs saying "Shoot it, we know you'll miss it" by backing off, while the entire world is watching, is extremely impressive. It's a physical representation of LeBron overcoming his mental issues and destroying the Spurs.

LMFAO. Lebron's the only superstar where you can get away with saying the most retarded things like,

"You think it's easy to hit WIDE OPEN shots with that much pressure?" :oldlol:

Got damn kid. That's the sorriest shit I've heard all year. Sorry ass Lebron stans.

PistonsFan#21
06-21-2013, 01:35 PM
My main point was that Lebron's game 7 wasn't all that, considering he was doing what 99.9% of superstars would be able to do from game 1. HIT OPEN SHOTS.

Stop being all butthurt, and defending your god.

And yes, Boris did shut Lebron down. Couldn't get past him or hit jumpers on him. That's quite sad.

defending my god? lol. says the guy thats butthurt because his boy didnt play a single minute in the finals and was just out there warming the bench while Lebron put in work. Were you hoping that Tmac would get his 1st ring but your dreams got shattered in game 6. is that why you`re upset?

99.9% of superstars..yeas keep making up stats. Wade was given room on most of his shots too and couldnt make most of them either. I guess he isnt a star or maybe he is part of the 0.1%. What about Magic Johnson?

Lebron is part of the 0.00001% of superstars that are so dangerous with the drive that they are forcing their opponents to give them open shots. Thats my made up stat. Am i doing it right?

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:35 PM
He hit contested jumpers consistently in 2011 playoffs before finals. You need to stop acting like LeBron doesn't make tough shots

I give him full credit for 2011. The guy beasted. But why does he have such ******l moments? Why does he get so shook?

RRR3
06-21-2013, 01:37 PM
I give him full credit for 2011. The guy beasted. But why does he have such ******l moments? Why does he get so shook?
I don't know. Why is Rose afraid to play?

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM
defending my god? lol. says the guy thats butthurt because his boy didnt play a single minute in the finals and was just out there warming the bench while Lebron put in work. Were you hoping that Tmac would get his 1st ring but your dreams got shattered in game 6. is that why you`re upset?

99.9% of superstars..yeas keep making up stats. Wade was given room on most of his shots too and couldnt make most of them either. I guess he isnt a star or maybe he is part of the 0.1%. What about Magic Johnson?

Lebron is part of the 0.00001% of superstars that are so dangerous with the drive that they are forcing their opponents to give them open shots. Thats my made up stat. Am i doing it right?

Lebron's so dangerous with his drive that he couldn't get past Diaw and hit floaters or mid range shots. Where was his post game?

Melo has a better first step, and ability to create off the dribble than Lebron. You don't defenders giving him wide open looks. Yes, Melo is a retard and takes some shit shots, but the defender is still on his ass like glue.

Look, I never said Lebron wasn't great. I'm saying his game 7 wasn't some epic, out of this world performance. Let's put things into context. He hit open jumpers, and doesn't have the iso or dribbling ability to break his man down.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't know. Why is Rose afraid to play?

Because he just came off an ACL injury, and he knows his body much more than some ass clown on ISH.

Why did Rose play last year through groin injuries, back spasms, turf toe? Guess what that got him? Oh yeah, an ACL injury!!! :facepalm

Peteballa
06-21-2013, 01:41 PM
LMFAO. Lebron's the only superstar where you can get away with saying the most retarded things like,

"You think it's easy to hit WIDE OPEN shots with that much pressure?" :oldlol:

Got damn kid. That's the sorriest shit I've heard all year. Sorry ass Lebron stans.

Yeah, ask anyone on this forum, I'm such a LeBron stan. Totally.

I'm defending him because he had an exemplary performance and you are one of the few people tearing him down. EVERYONE, Skip ****ing Bayless said it was the greatest game of his career. I wouldn't go that far, but he had a great game.

They dared him to shoot, and with that much pressure, yeah, it's tough to make open shots. That's why Mario Chalmers missed those two free throws, it's why Kawhi missed one in game 6. 50% of basketball is mental dude, I guess you don't understand that.

For LeBron to hit those shots like he did was impressive, especially for someone who hasn't made his living in his career as a jumpshooter. It was a great performance.

You are a troll so I'm done talking to you, because what I'm saying won't get through to you, but I'll repeat it one last time - for a player with that much pressure on him to hit shots THAT CONSISTENTLY, especially from three point range, in GAME 7 OF THE FINALS, is incredible. Remember the shitshow back in 2010? The pressure affected everyone - even Kobe shot 6-24, a lot of it because of how huge a game it was. This isn't to detract from Kobe at all, but it's just an example of how pressure can affect shooting, even, yes, wide open shots. Especially wide open shots.

It wasn't an out of this world performance. It wasn't an epic performance. However, it was still a fantastic night for him, and if you can't see that you are a ****ing idiot.

RRR3
06-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Because he just came off an ACL injury, and he knows his body much more than some ass clown on ISH.

Why did Rose play last year through groin injuries, back spasms, turf toe? Guess what that got him? Oh yeah, an ACL injury!!! :facepalm
Yeah and he's been cleared to play.

Fwiw LeBron can actually score efficiently in the playoffs. Melo can't.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:42 PM
At the end of the day, you can use all the semantics you want, but let's be real. He didn't look anywhere near the face of the NBA, and the best player in the world. The guy looked like a shook puppy dog for the majority of the series, and got saved by Ray Ray.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah, ask anyone on this forum, I'm such a LeBron stan. Totally.

I'm defending him because he had an exemplary performance and you are one of the few people tearing him down. EVERYONE, Skip ****ing Bayless said it was the greatest game of his career. I wouldn't go that far, but he had a great game.

They dared him to shoot, and with that much pressure, yeah, it's tough to make open shots. That's why Mario Chalmers missed those two free throws, it's why Kawhi missed one in game 6. 50% of basketball is mental dude, I guess you don't understand that.

For LeBron to hit those shots like he did was impressive, especially for someone who hasn't made his living in his career as a jumpshooter. It was a great performance.

You are a troll so I'm done talking to you, because what I'm saying won't get through to you, but I'll repeat it one last time - for a player with that much pressure on him to hit shots THAT CONSISTENTLY, especially from three point range, in GAME 7 OF THE FINALS, is incredible. Remember the shitshow back in 2010? The pressure affected everyone - even Kobe shot 6-24, a lot of it because of how huge a game it was. This isn't to detract from Kobe at all, but it's just an example of how pressure can affect shooting, even, yes, wide open shots. Especially wide open shots.

You fail. You're still trying to tell me that Lebron hitting WIDE OPEN jumpers was some magnificent feat?

I agree with you though, for LEBRON to hit those jumpers was impressive. I couldn't believe my eyes when he was hitting WIDE OPEN jumpers. I swear I thought he was gonna clank each and everyone of them like the games before.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah and he's been cleared to play.

Fwiw LeBron can actually score efficiently in the playoffs. Melo can't.

WTF does being cleared to play have anything to do with anything? Did a doctor physically crawl into his body, and feel what he was feeling? Was a doctor practicing in Rose's body, and feeling his physical limitations.

Of course he was cleared to play. It's called a timetable. That doesn't mean shit.

Jax
06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Jordan never faced the zone...he played on on one his whole career. Drible one guy-layup, drible one guy step back open jumper, post up one guy fadeaway jumper...
Lebron gets past one guy and meets 2 other guys in front of the rim. They said: we're not gonna win if we let him drive to the basket, let him shoot and pray.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Jordan never faced the zone...he played on on one his whole career. Drible one guy-layup, drible one guy step back open jumper, post up one guy fadeaway jumper...
Lebron gets past one guy and meets 2 other guys in front of the rim. They said: we're not gonna win if we let him drive to the basket, let him shoot and pray.

Yep, he just played against elite C/PFs that were allowed to camp in the paint, and body check your ass without any repercussions. :facepalm

Not to mention, his path to the rim was WAY harder than what Lebron has to deal with. *cough* HAND CHECK *cough*

P.S. They weren't allowed to zone, but there weren't any 3 second violations back then, so in essence, if your near your man, you can still technically camp the paint 3 players deep just like a zone, without being called for a 3 second violation.

KingBeasley08
06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
LMAO how do you even hate on his performance? Pathetic Pedo

Rysio
06-21-2013, 02:33 PM
he had about 15 feet of space on every jumpshot. if you cant make wide open jumpers you dont belong in the nba.

aburre21
06-21-2013, 03:36 PM
he had about 15 feet of space on every jumpshot. if you cant make wide open jumpers you dont belong in the nba.

ask any great shooter what's the most difficult shot and they'll tell you it's the one that's wide open

Rashard Lewis has a problem, something he didn't have to worry about much during his two seasons with the Washington Wizards.

The wide-open 3-point shot. The everyone-is-paying-attention-to-LeBron-Wade-Bosh shot. The shot that players work on endlessly in practice yet come to loathe in games.

"Got to get used to it," the veteran forward said as the Miami Heat continued training camp, "because that's the hardest shot in basketball. I may have to hold it for a couple of seconds, so I can get somebody closing out to me."

To a degree, it sounds preposterous, that in a league loaded with length, athleticism, speed, that an outside shooter would prefer defensive company before launching.

Yet it practically is a universal truth, one the Heat's shooters will have to deal with while LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are attracting attention elsewhere.

"When you're playing a game, you're so used to playing instinctively," Heat forward Shane Battier said, as he snapped his fingers to mimic the typical split-second timing of NBA decisions. "When you get a wide-, wide-open three, you're naked. You have time to think and rationalize, and that's counterintuitive to how we normally play. We normally play instinctively -- time to think and time to react only. But when you have time to think in basketball, calculation often leads to miscalculation."

With so many scorers elsewhere on the court, there is plenty of time for calculation for the Heat's 3-point shooters. As a rookie last season, point guard Norris Cole couldn't believe how open he was at times.

"Sometimes you're surprised that you're that wide open," he said. "Normally, when you shoot shots, you just shoot in repetition. But in a game, when you find yourself just wide open, it kinds of shocks you."

At a time when some say widening the court would open up the game, the Heat created vast expanses for their shooters last season and are expected to so again.

But that also becomes a head game for a newcomer, with center Josh Harrellson, brought in to stretch defenses, admitting it's not always easy to take the 3-pointer with defenders staying home, often double-teaming James, Wade and Bosh.

"It becomes," Harrellson said, "a thought process. 'Oh, I'm this wide open, should I take a dribble for a layup? Should I take one dribble in for a jump shot?' There's a lot of thought that goes into it.

"If you're that wide open, you really don't know what you want to do. A lot of people might think, 'Why don't you shoot a layup, you were wide open?' So there's a lot of different thoughts that go through your head at that time."

For his part, Ray Allen, the NBA's all-time leader in 3-point conversions, has long gotten over such concerns.

"A shot is a shot, really, for me," the Heat's prime offseason acquisition said. "It's not really just the wide-open shot. It's just really how the ball's delivered to you."

Allen, in fact, said the toughest part of being left open might be the waiting game.

"I think if you're waiting on the 3-point line, that's probably the toughest shot," he said. "You're waiting, you're waiting, you're waiting, and then you have to kind of reposition your feet. That to me is probably the toughest shot, because there's not really a rhythm shot.

"When you catch in a rhythm, you're leaning forward. So if you don't get it, you got to make sure you kind of get your momentum going back into that shot."

Yet if you watch Battier, who is used to open shots having previously played with Yao Ming with the Houston Rockets, he consistenly positions himself in the corner in a leaning position, poised for both the wait and the open look.

"I still prefer a wide-open shot versus a contested shot every day of the week, so I'm different," he said. "But there is something to it.

"When you're so wide open, most guys catch the ball, they try to get the seams right, take a breath, and then shoot it. That's not what we practice. We practice catching . . . shooting. Catching . . . shooting."

these are great shooters complaining about being to wide open :lol

you idiots don't know basketball and have never played the game in your life. STFU!

tikay0
06-21-2013, 03:40 PM
ask any great shooter what's the most difficult shot and they'll tell you it's the one that's wide open

these are great shooters complaining about being to wide open :lol

you idiots don't know basketball and have never played the game in your life. STFU!

You've got to be the dumbest nikka in the game. When you are CONSISTENTLY wide open, there's no excuse to miss a shot.

I don't think you've ever played basketball. When you lose your man, and you have no hand in your face, please tell me how hard that shot is. There's a reason why they're called gimmes.

Lebron wasn't only missing wide open 3's. He was missing wide open mid range jump shots.

When people say that wide open shots are difficult, they're talking about situations where a 3pt. shooter has all the time in the world, and there's LITERALLY no one in the play. By himself on an island.

When you're in the flow of the game, and the defense is giving you wide open shots that's not the same as an isolated situation in which you've been getting a hand in the face the whole game, and then you all of a sudden get a wide open look, so it messes with your head.

Context you jackass. CONTEXT.

aburre21
06-21-2013, 03:43 PM
You've got to be the dumbest nikka in the game. When you are CONSISTENTLY wide open, there's no excuse to miss a shot.

I don't think you've ever played basketball. When you lose your man, and you have no hand in your face, please tell me how hard that shot is. There's a reason why they're called gimmes.

Lebron wasn't only missing wide open 3's. He was missing wide open mid range jump shots.

When people say that wide open shots are difficult, they're talking about situations where a 3pt. shooter has all the time in the world, and there's LITERALLY no one in the play. By himself on an island.

When you're in the flow of the game, and the defense is giving you wide open shots that's not the same as an isolated situation in which you've been getting a hand in the face the whole game, and then you all of a sudden get a wide open look, so it messes with your head.

Context you jackass. CONTEXT.

nah, LeBron played 70+ regular season games and had played 16 playoff games and during the season and for most of the post season he wasn't used to being defended that way. He had to adjust. The Spurs were literally sagging like 5 feet of Bron and weren't even really contesting his jumpers and that threw him off. It's the same principle, you ****in idiot

tikay0
06-21-2013, 03:47 PM
nah, LeBron played 70+ regular season games and had played 16 playoff games and during the season and for most of the post season he wasn't used to being defended that way. He had to adjust. The Spurs were literally sagging like 5 feet of Bron and weren't even really contesting his jumpers and that threw him off. It's the same principle, you ****in idiot

Good Lord you're a jackass. First off, Lebron should be able to hit WIDE OPEN shots. Let's get the semantics out of the way. Second off, he had full games to adjust to that throughout the entire Finals. He finally adjusted in game 7.

Ya bish.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 03:48 PM
3rd off. He still doesn't have to adjust ya jackass. They were giving him WIDE OPEN looks on MID RANGE jumpers. Anyone that has to adjust to that is a straight up mental midget moron. :facepalm

Ray Ray saved ya boy.

Peteballa
06-21-2013, 03:58 PM

Don't bother. You won't be able to explain it to him. He doesn't know shit about shooting a basketball.

tmacattack33
06-21-2013, 04:02 PM
This is hilarious.

If the other Heat players were beating their man and creating open shots for Lebron, and Lebron was scoring all his points off of other people like Birdman does, that is one thing.

But Lebron created almost all these shots for himself. The defense respected his drive so much that they gave him space to shoot. So he did.

Trying to take credit away from that is ridiculous. That is like if Durant scored on a lot of drives in one game due to the fact that his defender was guarding him so tightly that Durant would blow by him with ease time and time again and you tried to discredit Durant by saying "well damn, anyone could drive if the defense is out their trying to guard you step for step from as far away as the three point line" . That is the same exact thing in reverse.

The threat of the drive is a part of Lebron, and that is what allowed him to get these open shots. You can't separate that from Lebron. The threat of the long range jump shot is a part of Durant and can't be separated from him either. And those two things are some of the main reasons these two guys are so great.

And you can say similar things about pretty much everyone...you can switch Durant's name with Melo's up there. And you switch Lebron's name with D Rose's.

:facepalm
I can't believe I just had to explain that to someone on a basketball forum.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Don't bother. You won't be able to explain it to him. He doesn't know shit about shooting a basketball.

Says the guy that's been on Bron's nuts.

tikay0
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
This is hilarious.

If the other Heat players were beating their man and creating open shots for Lebron, and Lebron was scoring all his points off of other people like Birdman does, that is one thing.

But Lebron created almost all these shots for himself. The defense respected his drive so much that they gave him space to shoot. So he did.

Trying to take credit away from that is ridiculous. That is like if Durant scored on a lot of drives in one game due to the fact that his defender was guarding him so tightly that Durant would blow by him with ease time and time again and you tried to discredit Durant by saying "well damn, anyone could drive if the defense is out their trying to guard you step for step from as far away as the three point line" . That is the same exact thing in reverse.

The threat of the drive is a part of Lebron, and that is what allowed him to get these open shots. You can't separate that from Lebron. The threat of the long range jump shot is a part of Durant and can't be separated from him either.

And you can say similar things about pretty much everyone...you can switch Durant's name with Melo's up there. And you switch Lebron's name with D Rose's.

:facepalm
I can't believe I just had to explain that to someone on a basketball forum.

You didn't have to explain shit. Not a single person is disputing the fact that they weren't honoring his jumper, and were more worried about his driving ability. :facepalm

The point is, no other superstar would've pissed the bed that badly with as many wide open looks. No other superstar would've been that scared and hesitant to take wide open jumpers. Other players can attack the rim as well. The point is, none of them would have 5 feet of separation.

Ne 1
06-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Lol NBA players should make those shots in there sleep. Even high school players hit those shots routinely.

tmacattack33
06-21-2013, 04:07 PM
You didn't have to explain shit. Not a single person is disputing the fact that they weren't honoring his jumper, and were more worried about his driving ability. :facepalm

Butthurt much? :confusedshrug:

Not really. This has been the best experience I've ever had as a sports fan.

I think the guy who just wrote like 20 posts in this thread trying to discredit Lebron with a terrible argument is the butthurt one.

7_cody
06-21-2013, 05:18 PM
tikay0 is the only one in this thread so far that has an ounce of basketball knowledge

Personally, I am sick of explaining to the casual fans how embarrassing and humiliating it is that you are given a wide open MID-RANGE shot, or 3 pointer if you want it all seven games and you can only capitalize 1 out of 7 games. Sticking to that strategy, and assuming that the Spurs continue to use the same strategy regardless, the Heat should have swept the Spurs.

Play Dirk, MJ, Kobe, Bird, or other great legendary players the same way and they will average an extreme PPG on high efficiency until you adjust

It's simple, take away the drive, then a complete player will hit the shot routinely. Take away the shot, a complete player will drive, send the help on the drive, a complete player will bounce it to the open man for an open dunk or kick it out for the open shot. A complete player cannot be stopped by going under every screen, giving 5-10 feet of separation. That is embarrassing for a player that is supposed to be one of the very best to ever play, according to the casual fan.

7_cody
06-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Not really. This has been the best experience I've ever had as a sports fan.

I think the guy who just wrote like 20 posts in this thread trying to discredit Lebron with a terrible argument is the butthurt one.

You should be thankful that he is teaching you some bball basics

AlphaWolf24
06-21-2013, 05:27 PM
all the respect in the world has to go to Lebron for improving his shooting....

( for those who don't play basketball competitvley or never understood what it takes to become a great shooter)

- Lebron James worked his tail off....I can see it....his release is slightly more centered ( due to his foot placement) his shot has a rythme instead of a hitch....and he has much more confidence ( due to his hard work)

- in order to get that much better in a gametime situation takes many...many many hours and 1,000's upon 1,000's of shots in your " off time"

- there is a reason he was " wide open"......you play him tight he can get past anyone / sucking in the defense leaving open 3 point shooters....

you pick your poison and hope he misses 25' footers.....that's all you can do.

7_cody
06-21-2013, 05:37 PM
all the respect in the world has to go to Lebron for improving his shooting....

( for those who don't play basketball competitvley or never understood what it takes to become a great shooter)

- Lebron James worked his tail off....I can see it....his release is slightly more centered ( due to his foot placement) his shot has a rythme instead of a hitch....and he has much more confidence ( due to his hard work)

- in order to get that much better in a gametime situation takes many...many many hours and 1,000's upon 1,000's of shots in your " off time"

- there is a reason he was " wide open"......you play him tight he can get past anyone / sucking in the defense leaving open 3 point shooters....

you pick your poison and hope he misses 25' footers.....that's all you can do.

You hope he misses 25' footers because you know that isn't a good enough shooter to make you pay consistently

LeBron is the best in the league, today, but he has some embarrassing weaknesses. If he was a respectable shooter (by NBA standards, no doubt he would rip the net in your local gym) then his man would play him tight, allowing him to go for the drive. Now the only way to stop the drive is to leave one of LeBron's teammates open (by sending the help). The Heat normally prefer this, this is basically their offense - surround LeBron with shooters and let him drive and kick (hence why LeBron and Wade can't play together well, they do the same thing and they both worsen the floor spacing for each other). Pop gambled that LeBron was such a poor shooter, especially in the Finals, that he wouldn't be able to hit the wide open shots on a consistent basis. Because his gamble paid off, except for game 7, it was also a lot harder for LeBron to play his drive and kick game. You shouldn't be able to stop a complete, legendary player like LeBron by simply giving him the shot. That is embarrassing. It is not that easy to stop other great players. A great, complete player can be stopped by a team, not an individual (because single coverage, for a great complete player is an automatic 2 or 3 points) but by doing so you are just giving his teammates high quality shots, so it isn't really worth it.

I realize that the above paragraph won't make any sense to the casual fan, but the fans that understand the defense that was played on LeBron will indeed understand the embarrassment and humiliation involved in such a defensive scheme towards LeBron

NBAller
06-21-2013, 05:41 PM
The Spurs chose their poison when it came to LeBron. Obviously they decided to die by the right poison because LeBron's money on drives and inside game.
Make him shoot cause if you get too close he blows by you for the higher percentage shot.
Give him some space and he has no choice but to shoot, the higher percentage shot. He's that great. Duncan said it himself in the post game interview.

He's one of the most complete players to play the game.

7_cody
06-21-2013, 05:49 PM
The Spurs chose their poison when it came to LeBron. Obviously they decided to die by the right poison because LeBron's money on drives and inside game.
Make him shoot cause if you get too close he blows by you for the higher percentage shot.
Give him some space and he has no choice but to shoot, the higher percentage shot. He's that great. Duncan said it himself in the post game interview.

He's one of the most complete players to play the game.

Ok, but he didn't do what you just said, except for game 7. All you did was repeat what a few other knowledgeable posters have been trying to teach you. The Spurs gave him the shot. So why didn't he knock them down routinely? Because he couldn't. Play other great players the same way, they are going to set Finals scoring records. A complete player can, consistently, (not just one game) hit and knock down wide open mid-range jumpers. Hell, he should have had 60 points in the first game, in then in game 2 Ray Allen and his other shooters would be lighting it up. Why? Because at this point he would be unstoppable. LeBron was not unstoppable, he was quite the opposite, very stoppable until he starting making wide open shots in game 7.

I wouldn't call it picking your poison, I would call it humiliation and embarrassment. Picking your poison would be like okay if we let him shoot, he's gonna kill us, but if we let him drive, he's gonna kill us even more. LeBron did not dominate the playoffs with his scoring. With the way that the defense played him, he should have set scoring records.

I guess he isn't as complete as you thought he is. I personally think that he is a very good player, the best today, but I would be humiliated and embarrassed if you were able to stop me 6 out of 7 games (or even severely slow me down in terms of scoring) by simply going under every screen and begging me to shoot wide open jump shots (not deep threes) with several feet of separation.

SamuraiSWISH
06-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Well it took 7 games, but LeBron finally took advantage of the looks San Antonio was begging him to take all series. Surprised LeBron doubted himself that much considering the year he had shooting the ball, and I can't believe it took him the entire series to take advantage of it. And the wide open three and mid range jumpers they were giving him were there for the taking all series, LeBron took advantage and put up 37 ppg. He should've averaged around 35 ppg for the series given the looks he was getting. He hit that wide open shot, and blew the damn game open. Props to LeBron, he played quite well. But I'm not amazed either, he had wide open looks all series and just didn't have the confidence to take advantage.

NBAller
06-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Ok, but he didn't do what you just said, except for game 7. All you did was repeat what a few other knowledgeable posters have been trying to teach you. The Spurs gave him the shot. So why didn't he knock them down routinely? Because he couldn't. Play other great players the same way, they are going to set Finals scoring records. A complete player can, consistently, (not just one game) hit and knock down wide open mid-range jumpers. Hell, he should have had 60 points in the first game, in then in game 2 Ray Allen and his other shooters would be lighting it up. Why? Because at this point he would be unstoppable. LeBron was not unstoppable, he was quite the opposite, very stoppable until he starting making wide open shots in game 7.

I wouldn't call it picking your poison, I would call it humiliation and embarrassment. Picking your poison would be like okay if we let him shoot, he's gonna kill us, but if we let him drive, he's gonna kill us even more. LeBron did not dominate the playoffs with his scoring. With the way that the defense played him, he should have set scoring records.

I guess he isn't as complete as you thought he is. I personally think that he is a very good player, the best today, but I would be humiliated and embarrassed if you were able to stop me 6 out of 7 games (or even severely slow me down in terms of scoring) by simply going under every screen and begging me to shoot wide open jump shots (not deep threes) with several feet of separation.
1, nobody's teaching me shit. especially not someone from this site.
2, you're stupidas F if you think lebron can't consistently hit wide open shots
3, the spurs chose their poison
4, lebron's one of the most complete players ever.

talkingconch
06-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Left wide open and finally hit them :oldlol: :oldlol:

diamenz
06-21-2013, 07:42 PM

why so defensive instead of posting reply?

NBAller
06-21-2013, 07:45 PM
why so defensive instead of posting reply?

that was a reply.

he has his opinion, i have mine.

this is also a reply.

WadeBronDonJuan
06-21-2013, 10:41 PM
This. Why so impressed?

Hahahaha. You Lebron haters have to jump in and bitch about anything and everything Lebron. You're f*cking obsessed with the guy more than fans are.

Even if you're open, it is a high pressure situation and that jumper that sealed the deal was clutch.

Forget it, why should I bother trying to talk reason to you mouth breathers.

raprap
06-21-2013, 11:00 PM
6-24

buddha
06-21-2013, 11:13 PM

Why would I be in awe? I saw a bunch of heat games this season, he was making jumpers like that every game. I was in awe games 1-4 when he played like a little girl.

Le Shaqtus
06-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Why would I be in awe? I saw a bunch of heat games this season, he was making jumpers like that every game. I was in awe games 1-4 when he played like a little girl.

Just a question :confusedshrug:

AintNoSunshine
06-22-2013, 12:11 AM

:oldlol: That's better than having him blow by the defender and dunking on Duncan's head right? What do you expect the defense to do?

By the way how is Tmac doing? Still not caring for sh!t i guess?

7_cody
06-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Hahahaha. You Lebron haters have to jump in and bitch about anything and everything Lebron. You're f*cking obsessed with the guy more than fans are.

Even if you're open, it is a high pressure situation and that jumper that sealed the deal was clutch.

Forget it, why should I bother trying to talk reason to you mouth breathers.

Of course it was a high pressure situation. It was the Finals. So what difference does that make? Every player gets nervous in the Finals, but you give other great players those kinds of looks all game long for 7 straight games in the Finals (with "high pressure shots") and they are going to catch fire. Try doing that to Carmelo, Kobe, Bird, Dirk, Durant, etc etc and watch them set scoring records.

7_cody
06-22-2013, 02:00 PM

You're taking this way too personal at this point. Either way, you haven't really refuted any of my arguments, so I guess there is no point in discussing bball with you anymore

bond10
06-22-2013, 03:31 PM
making wide open shots is the standard of great performances now?

Good lord what has the NBA come to.

NBAller
06-22-2013, 04:01 PM
You're taking this way too personal at this point. Either way, you haven't really refuted any of my arguments, so I guess there is no point in discussing bball with you anymore

we'd be going in circles. i said what i think, you said what you think...what more is there to say? you think what the spurs defense did was embarrass and humiliate lebron. i think they chose their poison...it's a matter of perception. and truth be don't i don't really care how you see it. i believe lebron can knock down jumpers on a consistent basis, you don't. ok.

he doesn't dominate with scoring...yes...i thought we all knew he wasn't a dominant scorer and more of a overall/complete player. he puts up at least 23ppg+ 5ast and 7rbs, while shutting down the spurs stars....during the playoffs. i think it all came down to they play him tight and allow him to blow by the defender or they sag off and force him to shoot which is his weaker spot (still very good at it) when it comes to offense...aka chosing thier poison.

Leftimage
06-22-2013, 04:02 PM
No. The spurs are dictating what lebron should do. Hit wide open jumpers. Opposing teams double and triple MJ as soon as he touches the ball AKA Shaq treatment. Opposing teams literally give Lebron free shots that he was scuuuuuured to take until game 7.

Let's face it, Lebron hitting jumpers makes him effectively ''unstoppable''. He get's open shots because he is otherwise going to score a lay-up. He is not triple-teamed because he will find the open man. There are instances in which you can only stand by and watch the destruction of LeGawd. Expect more of that as his jumpshot reaches full maturity in the following years.

tikay0
06-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Let's face it, Lebron hitting jumpers makes him effectively ''unstoppable''. He get's open shots because he is otherwise going to score a lay-up. He is not triple-teamed because he will find the open man. There are instances in which you can only stand by and watch the destruction of LeGawd. Expect more of that as his jumpshot reaches full maturity in the following years.

Lebron in the 2nd round: 23 pts. 43% FG
Lebron in the Finals: 25 pts. 44% FG

Please Lord Lebron, shine your glorious light down upon us. We have yet to witness thy magnficent domination of the game of basketball. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

We are all witnesses. :oldlol:

tikay0
06-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Lebron has transcended the game of basketball like I've never seen in my lifetime. :bowdown:

All hail King Lebron! :facepalm