PDA

View Full Version : Oden to Miami?

Stat & Melo
06-21-2013, 08:52 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22499212/greg-odens-agent-says-there-is-mutual-interest-with-miami-heat

article says he is willing to sign for the minimum in order to have a shot. i think if he is in as good shape as they say he is, he will greatly help the heat off the bench this coming season if he can stay on the court of course.

Seems like he will go to either miami or cleveland..

thoughts?

BasedTom
06-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Hopefully his come back turns out better than Brandon Roy's did :(

KyleKong
06-21-2013, 08:57 PM
I really just want to see Greg Oden be healthy and compete. He was so dominate in college wondering what he could have become is actually really sad.

Bandito
06-21-2013, 08:58 PM
If he does and comes back to be a solid Center, as long as he don't expect touches the league is done. 3x rings for Lebron's time.

oh the horror
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
I think that's a waste of a roster spot.

ThickassGlasses
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Dude looked like he was starting to put it together before his last injury pulled him off the court.

So much potential.

oh the horror
06-21-2013, 09:01 PM
"Potential" is out of the window at this point.

Greg Oden is not a starter for your championship team.

inclinerator
06-21-2013, 09:08 PM
if he can stay healthy

Stat & Melo
06-21-2013, 09:14 PM

who said anything about a starter? its about him signing for the minimum, and trying to work himself back in. its literally a no-risk situation for Miami, if he sucks they can just cut him...

and his potential is not out of the window, its probably out of the window if your speaking in terms of of him being a superstar player, but not if your hoping he might be able to come back and rebound and play defense.

ProfessorMurder
06-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Somebody better give him more than the minimum just to stop Miami from grabbing him, just for the off chance he's healthy.

Kiddlovesnets
06-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Think hes going to run with Miami Heat's fast-pace offense?

Flash31
06-21-2013, 09:17 PM

woud be better than Rashard,Juwan,Jones

if he can just produce
hed be great

and since Odens defens and offense totally eclipses Andersens he could very well get 15,10 with 2 blocks in 20 min
if hes healthy
hell get spoonfed shots,as long as he can play d,doesnt matter as much if he can score

if he can play d,then it was a great acquisition

knickballer
06-21-2013, 09:19 PM
who said anything about a starter? its about him signing for the minimum, and trying to work himself back in. its literally a no-risk situation for Miami, if he sucks they can just cut him...

and his potential is not out of the window, its probably out of the window if your speaking in terms of of him being a superstar player, but not if your hoping he might be able to come back and rebound and play defense.

Pretty much this.

The heat have signed guys like Eddy Curry or Juwuan Howard over the years, basically players that give them nothing.

Like others mentioned it's a high potential low risk type of signing. If he's not healthy you just cut the guy and move on like nothing happened.

Flash31
06-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Somebody better give him more than the minimum just to stop Miami from grabbing him, just for the off chance he's healthy.

consiering he said hes not doing it for the money

and he made it clear cut
his 2 options are Mia 1st and Cle 2nd

If somebody does offer him a huge contract,itll be stupid
knowing the team that does theyll try to get their moneys worth and overplay him,even though he hasnt played in 4 years

Miami would be perfect bc he can get limited to max time,the heat will take it slow like they did andersen,and the focus wont be on him at all,hell get spoon fed opportunities and can play sparingly or until hes ready
like Birdman
who was playing 4-8 min his first couple of months
then 10-15

Inferno
06-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Just hoping his leg length problem has been solved somehow...

Wavves
06-21-2013, 09:47 PM

He's signing for the minimum? Him injured would be 10 times better than some of the other C's that the Heat have given some playing time over the past 3 seasons.

Trollsmasher
06-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Well, signing instead of Juwan is not really going take away anything from the Heat, is it?:lol

MMKM
06-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Miami owes it to Bosh to try to sign him. Bosh has been playing out of position and wrestling with 7 footers on the block for three years now. Unsung hero

Greg Oden 50
06-21-2013, 10:22 PM
oden should sign with spurs :rockon:

ispin69
06-21-2013, 10:32 PM
They had Joel Anthony but they hardly used him. I mean he's a great rebounder/rim protector/defense but he doesn't score or catch the ball well. Not sure how much of an upgrade an injury prone Oden is from that.

ProfessorMurder
06-21-2013, 10:34 PM
consiering he said hes not doing it for the money

and he made it clear cut
his 2 options are Mia 1st and Cle 2nd

If somebody does offer him a huge contract,itll be stupid
knowing the team that does theyll try to get their moneys worth and overplay him,even though he hasnt played in 4 years

Miami would be perfect bc he can get limited to max time,the heat will take it slow like they did andersen,and the focus wont be on him at all,hell get spoon fed opportunities and can play sparingly or until hes ready
like Birdman
who was playing 4-8 min his first couple of months
then 10-15

I don't care what he said about his options. If he was offered an extra million dollars to sign in New Orleans he would. Money is money, especially for a guy who's likely to break apart in a week.

Nobody is expecting anything from him no matter where he goes. There's no pressure.

plowking
06-21-2013, 10:39 PM
oden should sign with spurs :rockon:

I thought the Spurs were going to sweep Miami?

Sit down b!tch.

You have to be the worst poster on here, and that's speaking miles about how bad you are.

niko
06-21-2013, 10:41 PM
The last thing Miami needs is to spend their limited resources on a guy who is more than likely never going to get on the court.

Greg Oden 50
06-21-2013, 10:43 PM
I thought the Spurs were going to sweep Miami?

Sit down b!tch.

You have to be the worst poster on here, and that's speaking miles about how bad you are.

I dun care what lebron stans thinking about me............
Fact is Duncan almost singled handle the Miami Heat :roll:
Miami is just lucky that Parker & Gino kill themself,if not their plays,DUNCAN WILL GET HSI 5TH RINGS,4FMVP............:banghead:

DaSeba5
06-21-2013, 10:48 PM
The last thing Miami needs is to spend their limited resources on a guy who is more than likely never going to get on the court.

I don't see the big deal considering they had Howard, Harris, Curry, Varnado, and even James Jones basically doing nothing on the bench. There's no risk involved.

Goldrush25
06-21-2013, 11:12 PM

Provided that they sign him for the vet minimum, signing Oden doesn't deprive Miami of using the midlevel exception, as long as they sign him after the MLE has been expended.

DuMa
06-21-2013, 11:15 PM
if he does sign for the minimum. im betting we're only gonna see him for maybe 10 games max in the regular season. theyre gonna need someone to defend roy hibbert in next year's playoffs potentially and oden if it all works like birdman did this year, its definitely worth the risk of an roster spot.

plowking
06-22-2013, 12:16 AM
I dun care what lebron stans thinking about me............
Fact is Duncan almost singled handle the Miami Heat :roll:
Miami is just lucky that Parker & Gino kill themself,if not their plays,DUNCAN WILL GET HSI 5TH RINGS,4FMVP............:banghead:

You're wrong. You're always wrong. :oldlol:

Stop posting shit. No one wants to read it. You're a waste of space. :oldlol:

Electric Slide
06-22-2013, 12:16 AM
He should go to Cleveland if anywhere.

Greg Oden 50
06-22-2013, 12:22 AM
You're wrong. You're always wrong. :oldlol:

Stop posting shit. No one wants to read it. You're a waste of space. :oldlol:

No you always wrong,LeBron will never as great as Michael Jordan

plowking
06-22-2013, 12:26 AM

:oldlol:

What a f@ggot you are.

kaiteng
06-22-2013, 12:34 AM
I could be a steal. His size and defensive presence is what Heat need and even Oden went Mr. Glass Mode again they could just easily waive him.

KOBE143
06-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Should sign with the Phoenix Suns first to increase his value.. :confusedshrug:

Zodiac
06-22-2013, 12:42 AM
If he goes anywhere it should be to Phoenix

Jax
06-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Rest him the whole year.
Play only in the playoffs.

All Net
06-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Hope he stays healthly and produces but if he does? Miami are in good shape.

Greg Oden 50
06-22-2013, 01:54 AM

What a f@ggot you are.

LEBRON STANS IS MORON :roll:

Greg Oden 50
06-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Hope he stays healthly and produces but if he does? Miami are in good shape.

NO................
HE SHOULDN't SIGN WITH HEAT..........:no:
PLAY WITH LBJ WILL WADTED HIS TALENT:no:
LIMIT HIS DEVELOPMENT

All Net
06-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Oden spotted in Miami

And when asked if he was signing with the heat.."hopefully" supposedly...

http://i.imgur.com/JQbNAxO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xNYHIoc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7fApDs8.jpg

francesco totti
06-24-2013, 05:51 AM
low risk high reward signing

dbk123
06-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Oden spotted in Miami

dat nikka big as hell no homo

poido123
06-24-2013, 05:59 AM

What a f@ggot you are.

It is true. Get off your rags :lol:

KrizMiz
06-24-2013, 06:22 AM

juan howard ?

Greg Oden 50
06-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Oden spotted in Miami

HE WILL BE A SPURS SOON :banana:

AintNoSunshine
06-24-2013, 06:31 AM

:lol you sound like a 6yo there

Trollsmasher
06-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Oden spotted in Miami

Cool, seems he can stand:rockon:

Bring dat 2014 ring:rockon:

Haymaker
06-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Great! Now Lebron will not look like the oldest player in the roster.

Foster5k
06-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Damn! Oden looks like he's in game shape!

Seriously, this dude could of just got fat and lazy and said to hell with it. Instead, he's been working. That says a lot right there.

If this dude can even be 60-70% of what he could have been, the league is in BIG trouble if Miami gets him. Lebron, Wade, Bosh, 70% Oden = at least 3more championships easy.

arifgokcen
06-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Great! Now Lebron will not look like the oldest player in the roster.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BoutPractice
06-24-2013, 08:28 AM
If they somehow get him and he actually plays and doesn't get injured... Miami is officially one of the luckiest teams of all time.

2010splash
06-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Would make the Heat unbeatable if he can stay healthy. He doesn't even have to be 1/10 the player he was hyped up to be. 7 feet 290 lbs. of an interior presence prevents mediocre players like Hibbert from averaging 22/11. Nobody could stop them after this.

Zodiac
06-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Would make the Heat unbeatable if he can stay healthy. He doesn't even have to be 1/10 the player he was hyped up to be. 7 feet 290 lbs. of an interior presence prevents mediocre players like Hibbert from averaging 22/11. Nobody could stop them after this.
His knees are worse than Brandon Roy's and we all saw how that comeback went

TheReal Kendall
06-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Heat better sign him! THe center position is their weakest spot. That would move Bosh to PF if Oden can produce and show he's healthy.

I really enjoyed watching him play in college. This guy was playing with a messed up hand and shooting with his off hand so I know he's got a good work ethic.

He's just been unlucky so far. I don't like the Heat but give him a shot.

I wish he would come to Phoenix we would have him healthy and running like a stallion

InfiniteBaskets
06-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Would be great if this off-season meant signing Oden and then re-signing Birdman.

Even if Oden sees no playing at all, he's still an more intimidating to look at during the timeouts than 50 year old Juwan Howard and 47 year old Jamal Magloire.

The only other scrub center Miami has signed who has gotten no minutes possibly more intimidating than a 7'0 285 beast is Eddy Curry. And that's only because players were afraid of Eddy eating them.

steelpulse
06-24-2013, 11:17 AM
> ODEN JOINS KYRIE IN CLEVELAND WITH 1ST PICK AND BIG TIME FREE AGENT
> MIAMI 3-PEATS / OKC 2014 CHAMPS
> WADE RETIRES... MIAMI BIG 3 BREAK-UP

> THE DECISION PART 2
> THE RETURN OF THE KING
> LEBRON KYRIE ODEN THOMPSON ETC + YOUNG TALENT AND DEPENDABLE VETS

> LEBRON WINS A TITLE OR 2 IN CLEVELAND
> RETIRES IN CLEVELAND

:rockon:

secund2nun
06-24-2013, 12:00 PM
They had Joel Anthony but they hardly used him. I mean he's a great rebounder/rim protector/defense but he doesn't score or catch the ball well. Not sure how much of an upgrade an injury prone Oden is from that.

Joel is a pathetic rebounder. Also he is undersized at 6'9 and cannot defend big post scorers at all. The only 2 good things he can do is block and guard the pick and roll. He cannot defend the post against big centers/PFs, rebound, score.

Oden, if healthy enough to play, he an even better blocker, a far superior scorer, a much better post defender.

Nash
06-24-2013, 12:11 PM
imagine if he returns as a Hibber level type of player? Lebron's not 1,2,3,4 won't look so far away now...

Nash
06-24-2013, 12:12 PM
> ODEN JOINS KYRIE IN CLEVELAND WITH 1ST PICK AND BIG TIME FREE AGENT
> MIAMI 3-PEATS / OKC 2014 CHAMPS
> WADE RETIRES... MIAMI BIG 3 BREAK-UP

> THE DECISION PART 2
> THE RETURN OF THE KING
> LEBRON KYRIE ODEN THOMPSON ETC + YOUNG TALENT AND DEPENDABLE VETS

> LEBRON WINS A TITLE OR 2 IN CLEVELAND
> RETIRES IN CLEVELAND

:rockon:
the goat of the goat's right there

kshutts1
06-24-2013, 01:05 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22499212/greg-odens-agent-says-there-is-mutual-interest-with-miami-heat

article says he is willing to sign for the minimum in order to have a shot. i think if he is in as good shape as they say he is, he will greatly help the heat off the bench this coming season if he can stay on the court of course.

Seems like he will go to either miami or cleveland..

thoughts?
My thoughts are that it amazes me how stupid athletes can be. We all know that Phoenix has the best training staff. We all know that Oden is an injury waiting to happen. Best case scenario, for his health, is to go to Phoenix OR stop playing.

Zodiac
06-24-2013, 01:07 PM
A love the blatant ignorance to the fact that his knees are shot.

Fudge
06-24-2013, 01:10 PM
It's crazy to think that he's only 25.

Inferno
06-24-2013, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't say his knees are like Roy's. Roy actually had a condition where his cartilage degenerated. Oden, on the other hand, got one or two unlucky injuries and then was never able to rehab completely due to schedule conflicts and the feeling that he had to return to the court as soon as possible, so he kept on injuring his knees that weren't prepared to hold up at a 300 lb 7 foot man playing basketball.

With that said, looking at those photos, he looks in shape.

The_LA_Blakers
06-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Why wasn't this dude trying to get with Phoenix. They have the best training staff in sports and get guys to be 100% healthy. Look what happened to Grant Hill and Steve Nash the instant they left Phoenix.

Heck, look what Shaq did his year there, and look what the ghost of jermaine O'Neal did. He didn't look bad at all for spurts of the season.

A healthy Oden to Miami = 3peat.

If I'm Riley, I go and steal that entire training staff off of Phoenix. They could extend Lebron's career and get some more time out of Wade.

InfiniteBaskets
06-24-2013, 03:29 PM
If I'm Riley, I go and steal that entire training staff off of Phoenix. They could extend Lebron's career and get some more time out of Wade.

If only it were as simple as Riley going to a meeting with their training staff and sitting down with hands folded.

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/riley_300_fingers.jpg

Trollsmasher
06-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Why are people acting like every medical staff other Phoenix's are just a bunch of incompetent morons?

Goldrush25
06-24-2013, 03:31 PM
All kidding aside, Oden should sign with whoever is dumb enough to give him the most money.

The_LA_Blakers
06-24-2013, 03:32 PM
If only it were as simple as Riley going to a meeting with their training staff and sitting down with hands folded.

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/riley_300_fingers.jpg

Wouldn't be easy, but money (and rings) talk.

I can't believe no one else in the NBA has tried to steal them. If I own the Trailblazers, it would have been O's long ago. Those fools would have been wined and dined like they names was Neon Boudeaux. Believe that.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Blue_Chips_Movie_Poster.jpg

livinglegend
06-24-2013, 03:39 PM
low risk, high reward, DO IT RILEY!