PDA

View Full Version : Paula Deen... with her racist ass

HardwoodLegend
06-22-2013, 03:14 AM
A fan of "plantation style" weddings where black waiters are in white jackets serving the guests.

I wish I could watch her get blowbanged by a hard, fresh clique of black dique.

joe
06-22-2013, 03:28 AM
Didn't she just admit to using the N-Word in her life at some point? If that's all it was, this is another case of overly PC America. Sorry to inform everyone who doesn't know, but white people have all said the N word at some point in their lives. Cats out of the bag. Get over it. 99.9 percent of the people who say it never say it in a racist tone.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2013, 03:31 AM
An old white lady from the south having said the word ****** or had thoughts that arent PC is hardly shocking. That so many others are faking outrage is sad. If every old white person with racist thoughts against blacks got fired how many would be left?

Shit....if every black person who was racist got fired...same question?

Least she was somewhat real about it.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2013, 03:32 AM
However....

99.9 percent of the people who say it never say it in a racist tone.

...that isnt true.

Especially when the issue is old white people in the south. They came up in a whole other world.

Scoooter
06-22-2013, 03:40 AM
I can't help but say it in a racist tone.

joe
06-22-2013, 04:08 AM
However....

...that isnt true.

Especially when the issue is old white people in the south. They came up in a whole other world.

Are you black? J/c?

Me being white, I think a large majority of white people aren't racist. If you're cool, friendly, most white people do not care what color you are.

It doesn't say anything about Paula Deen that she said the N-word at some time in her life. She might be racist, she might not be racist, but we don't learn that from the fact that she said the N-word at sometime.

Immortal Bum
06-22-2013, 04:26 AM
the world really needs some type of predator that only targets white people. something beyond human. even in all our "social advances" too many of them are too cocky about their sense of human superiority. white people just aren't humble enough to accept the evolution of the world becoming more a blend. black americans simply need an education to get beyond this point, that's usually where their racism lays.

joe
06-22-2013, 04:29 AM
the world really needs some type of predator that only targets white people. something beyond human. even in all our "social advances" too many of them are too cocky about their sense of human superiority. white people just aren't humble enough to accept the evolution of the world becoming more a blend. black americans simply need an education to get beyond this point, that's usually where their racism lays.

What kind of crazy thinking is this?

Immortal Bum
06-22-2013, 04:37 AM
What kind of crazy thinking is this?

not crazy at all. i don't mean it in a racist way if that's what you think. i think black people need to be humbled through education, while white people need to be humbled through something more...drastic. there are so many of you (even spanish are white to me) that even if they have to share 5% of a country with blacks/brown, they act as is the place is going to hell. this is a clear sign of misplaced superiority complex as result of too much history reflecting said idea.

i love everyone, brother, i just white people would stop resisting change so much in America, and maybe even Europe. you can argue europe is white man land, but n. america has never been his land, yet he's desperate to claim it so, even in Canada via the french/english.

irriducibili
06-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Black people call themselves nikka, I dont get the problem with the n-word.

joe
06-22-2013, 06:26 AM
not crazy at all. i don't mean it in a racist way if that's what you think. i think black people need to be humbled through education, while white people need to be humbled through something more...drastic. there are so many of you (even spanish are white to me) that even if they have to share 5% of a country with blacks/brown, they act as is the place is going to hell. this is a clear sign of misplaced superiority complex as result of too much history reflecting said idea.

i love everyone, brother, i just white people would stop resisting change so much in America, and maybe even Europe. you can argue europe is white man land, but n. america has never been his land, yet he's desperate to claim it so, even in Canada via the french/english.

It isn't black people we don't like, it's violent, criminal, gangster trash. What was Chris Rocks old skit? Black people Vs...

There are very few white people who are legit RACIST- as in, they don't like a black person just because he's black. But I know MANY white people who distrust black people, because they've been burned in the past. Not by decent people, but by gangster trash. They dress a certain way, talk a certain way, and you learn to stereotype them. Sometimes you might be wrong, but better safe than sorry.

A black guy in a suit, holding a brief case... white people are not racist against you. A black guy at the store with his kids, just doing his thing and not bothering anyone.. white people aren't racist against you. Besides a small minority of idiots.

But a young black guy in a fitted hat, walking all "swaggy," limping up to you and asking you for a "ride," or a cigarette? Yes.. get away from me.

It's not a black-white thing. A decent person of any color would not trust these types, because you can't. How many times do you have to get robbed, see these types in fights, being arrested.. before you learn?

And I hate saying this because it seems like it's meant to appease you, but we judge other white people for the same thing. A ****** gets slanted looks and the same distrust.

This post is my true feelings on the subject, something that I think a lot of white people think but don't say. I think a lot of black people have these thoughts too, but maybe they'd feel like sellouts if they expressed them. And especially as the economy gets worse, you're seeing more and more gangster trash of ALL colors. Like so many people in my town being addicted to heroin and robbing others to feed their addiction.

Btw, my post didn't delve into "WHY" those types exist. I recognize that a lot of social and political factors have an effect on things, so what I'm saying doesn't discount that.

Immortal Bum
06-22-2013, 06:55 AM
I

Btw, my post didn't delve into "WHY" those types exist. I recognize that a lot of social and political factors have an effect on things, so what I'm saying doesn't discount that.

all you say me be right, but those social/political factors have much to do with racism, whether it be black dude wearing a suite or sagging his pants. the skin is what sticks out...and the history. america (and possibly the world) will never recover from those years of slavery, not to mention the chaos that came after.

bagelred
06-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Black people are probably the most racist people of any group. Not just against whites, but other minorities....so there's that.....

PHX_Phan
06-22-2013, 10:35 AM
It isn't black people we don't like, it's violent, criminal, gangster trash. What was Chris Rocks old skit? Black people Vs...

One problem among many is that people time and time again mistake what is the violent criminal / gangster type. Some people think just being black or mexican makes you one of those types. Others think wearing any piece of urban clothing and being black or mexican makes you one of these types.

Trayvon Martin is a good example of this.

chosen_one6
06-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Black people are probably the most racist people of any group. Not just against whites, but other minorities....so there's that.....

News flash: White people are the minority now

HarryCallahan
06-22-2013, 11:42 AM
all you say me be right, but those social/political factors have much to do with racism, whether it be black dude wearing a suite or sagging his pants. the skin is what sticks out...and the history. america (and possibly the world) will never recover from those years of slavery, not to mention the chaos that came after.

As a white guy, I can tell you that is not true, based on my experiences. I'm far more likely to trust regular black/Hispanic dude than a ******, but by the same token i'm also far more likely to trust a regular white/Asian/islander dude than a *****. You see?
It's more about assessing the way people dress/carry themselves, in this day and age.

Also, don't try and turn slavery into a racist thing. White people were enslaving blacks/Indians/chinese/other whites, so it wasn't a race thing (though a lot of slave-owners were racist, but it wasn't connected to slavery).

DeuceWallaces
06-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Didn't she just admit to using the N-Word in her life at some point? If that's all it was, this is another case of overly PC America. Sorry to inform everyone who doesn't know, but white people have all said the N word at some point in their lives. Cats out of the bag. Get over it. 99.9 percent of the people who say it never say it in a racist tone.

Lol look at this jackass. Every ****ing thread man; you're just a complete moron. Economics, science, culture, it doesn't matter the subject you always step in with some ignorant bullshit position.

Rasheed1
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Paula Deen lives in a world of excuses and fantasies (sorta like joe)...

She calls slaves "workers".. And refers to them as "family"... WTF kind of family is that?

I saw a video of her boohooing because her grandfather blew his own head off after the south lost the civil war and he lost all his "workers"... To be fair.. he also lost a son in the war and I totally understand being devastated over that... But she has this romantic view of those days and insinuates that blacks were happy being slaves and living like that.. The woman is in denial, and she is full of excuses for own behavior..

As far as blacks and racism, I know alot of ignorant blacks who judge white people they havent met, and make blanket statements about people.. I'm at war with them as much as I'm at war with ignorant excuse making white people.

The bottomline is that America is awash in ignorance and hatred and no-one goes untouched by it..

The excuses and the denials need to stop and people need to admit it and change their attitudes towards their fellow human beings.

some white people assume all blacks are criminals... I am not a criminal, and do not have any criminals in my family... Black people I know are executives, and FBI agents, pharmacists, lawyers..

Some black people think all white people are evil devils... I know some great white folks who are smart and caring & down to earth. These people are as close to me as any black person..

There are very few white people who are legit RACIST- as in, they don't like a black person just because he's black. But I know MANY white people who distrust black people, because they've been burned in the past. Not by decent people, but by gangster trash. They dress a certain way, talk a certain way, and you learn to stereotype them. Sometimes you might be wrong, but better safe than sorry.

^thats the problem... You should know better because run around this board spouting your "individualistic" rhetoric..

Yet you judge people by what they wear and by groups... and give the logic of "better safe than sorry"

Don't you think that logic goes both ways?

dont you think that black people have been burned by white people and then they develop the same attitude based on stereotypes?

Dont you see the poisonous cycle this creates?

arent you supposed to be a libertarian who doesnt see people as collectives?

I was gonna respond to the rest of what you said, but it was soo full of nonsense, that I wont even bother...

I'll just say that you sound like one big ball of confusion who operates based on stereotypes and lives in fear..

knickballer
06-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Do you realize slavery has always been a part of human history? Every empire had slaves, every nation tried to get some. Human labor is the greatest resource there is and nothing comes close to it.

Ancient Egyptians were the GOAT slave traders, the Arabs had a thriving slave trade in Africa centuries before the Euros came, the Romans made slavs of every group of people they conquered, Africans were enslaving eachother(then selling them off), then the European slave traders, etc, etc.

I may have read your post wrong but you seem to put it as a white phenomenon only which is extremely ignorant..

BTW, it's stupid to still use slavery as an excuse. I mean the Japanese got **** ****ed with two atomic bombs and yet are thriving.. The Germans were **** ****ed after the defeat of the third reich and yet are thriving.. And that was less than a hundred years ago..

Rasheed1
06-22-2013, 12:21 PM
BTW, it's stupid to still use slavery as an excuse. I mean the Japanese got **** ****ed with two atomic bombs and yet are thriving.. The Germans were **** ****ed after the defeat of the third reich and yet are thriving.. And that was less than a hundred years ago..

That analogy is stupid... The Germans and the Japanese live in their own societies, controlled totally by them.

Raymone
06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
News flash: White people are a minority group now

Wrong.

HardwoodLegend
06-22-2013, 12:36 PM

The residual effects of slavery and subsequent discrimination for a century.

You are highly naive if you can't understand the lasting impact this would have on a community. Not only socioeconomically, but psychologically and culturally.

HardwoodLegend
06-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I enjoy a plantation style wedding too.

I wouldn't see how any white person could be comfortable with it... especially in present times. Why do idiots think it's smart to mistreat the people who handle your food (waiters, servers, etc.)? I didn't need the film "Waiting..." to help me realize it's a dumb idea.

ballup
06-22-2013, 12:52 PM
I find it funny when people claim they aren't racist.

Mr Know It All
06-22-2013, 12:52 PM

Dear god this is stupidity at its finest.

ace23
06-22-2013, 12:55 PM
In the US? Nope.

TheMan
06-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Who's Paula Deen?

Kungfro
06-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Who's Paula Deen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1PsDyhNFBI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb4vhJaX1hw

Kblaze8855
06-22-2013, 01:20 PM
My mom went to a school that used the books the white schools threw away. Books that taught outdated science and more ****ed up than usual history.

My MOM.

Not my great grandmother(whos father was a slave by the way).

Blacks didnt get equal education....a few decades ago. And it was perfectly legal.

Id say my children and theirs have little escuse not to know what the world demands to be a success. But my mom was raised by a father who was taken out of school at 8 to work in the field. She wasnt encouraged to go to college right out of HS though she could(and eventually did).

Im the first generation who was expected to do anything.

TheMan
06-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Do you realize slavery has always been a part of human history? Every empire had slaves, every nation tried to get some. Human labor is the greatest resource there is and nothing comes close to it.

Ancient Egyptians were the GOAT slave traders, the Arabs had a thriving slave trade in Africa centuries before the Euros came, the Romans made slavs of every group of people they conquered, Africans were enslaving eachother(then selling them off), then the European slave traders, etc, etc.

I may have read your post wrong but you seem to put it as a white phenomenon only which is extremely ignorant..

Bad analogy, the US pumped millions of dollars to rebuild those countries as long as they accepted our military bases there (so they won't get anymore funny ideas)

Just2McFly
06-23-2013, 12:16 PM
bet she would suck my dick while i eat her delicious food tho

niko
06-23-2013, 12:57 PM
People are defending her like this was an isolated incident a while back. It's not, it's a pattern of behavior, some of it fairly recent. Enough that it's not her making a mistake, it's what she thinks.

And give me a ****ing break with people being overly PC, she's a cook on a show. TV exists because of advertising. If you do what she did, you lose advertising, you are worthless. In what job where you are worthless do you keep it.

MadeFromDust
06-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Boycott Food Network for their unbending intolerance!

Myth
06-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Boycott Food Network for their unbending intolerance!

They canned her though.

joe
06-23-2013, 09:21 PM
^thats the problem... You should know better because run around this board spouting your "individualistic" rhetoric..

Yet you judge people by what they wear and by groups... and give the logic of "better safe than sorry"

Don't you think that logic goes both ways?

dont you think that black people have been burned by white people and then they develop the same attitude based on stereotypes?

Dont you see the poisonous cycle this creates?

arent you supposed to be a libertarian who doesnt see people as collectives?

I was gonna respond to the rest of what you said, but it was soo full of nonsense, that I wont even bother...

I'll just say that you sound like one big ball of confusion who operates based on stereotypes and lives in fear..

I bet that logic does go both ways.

Is it a poisonous cycle? Yes and no. I think the bigger problem is the "burning." The stereotyping is just a reaction to the burning. If we stopped the stereotyping but continued to burn each other, what does that solve?

For about 20 years rappers have been bragging about robbing people, fighting, hurting, killing. A bunch of kids have taken on that persona. Why is it my fault when I stereotype them for my own well being? And not their fault for choosing that lifestyle to begin with? I've spoken to black people who stereotype those people all the same.

I see people as individuals politically, but there are groups in life that you have to watch out for. If you see a bunch of bald white guys riding motorcycles with Hells Angel leather jackets, you going to bump into them at the bar? It's just common sense.

And to display that it's not predominately about skin color... Iiii wouldn't bump into them either.

joe
06-23-2013, 09:34 PM
One problem among many is that people time and time again mistake what is the violent criminal / gangster type. Some people think just being black or mexican makes you one of those types. Others think wearing any piece of urban clothing and being black or mexican makes you one of these types.

Trayvon Martin is a good example of this.

If you think anyone who is black or mexican is that type, you're just racist. But in certain areas you really have to judge people by what they wear. It doesn't mean you never give them a chance, but your first impression is to be a little weary.

Where I live there's a heroin problem, and robberies are rising every year. Who is committing these robberies? It's not people in slacks and button ups. It's people in "urban clothing," walking around town all day and talking slang. When those type are at the basketball court, I leave my cell phone and mp3 player in the car. Not out of blind paranoia, but because I've been robbed in that situation before.

But that doesn't mean you never give them a chance. I have been wrong before. Sometimes you play ball with the guy you didn't trust, and he's the coolest dude you've met in a while.

I think everyone does what I'm talking about, but I'm just being completely blunt about it.

ConanRulesNBC
06-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Absolutely ridiculous that she was fired over saying something racist. I'm tired of people overreacting. Is it a horrible word? Yes. But worth being fired over? Not at all. Again, why can rappers and black people call each other that word all the time like it's a compliment and yet a white person says it and they have to lose their jobs?

joe
06-23-2013, 09:39 PM
My mom went to a school that used the books the white schools threw away. Books that taught outdated science and more ****ed up than usual history.

My MOM.

Not my great grandmother(whos father was a slave by the way).

Blacks didnt get equal education....a few decades ago. And it was perfectly legal.

Id say my children and theirs have little escuse not to know what the world demands to be a success. But my mom was raised by a father who was taken out of school at 8 to work in the field. She wasnt encouraged to go to college right out of HS though she could(and eventually did).

Im the first generation who was expected to do anything.

I think a lot of laws still negatively effect black people and have screwed up their communities.

HardwoodLegend
06-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Absolutely ridiculous that she was fired over saying something racist. I'm tired of people overreacting. Is it a horrible word? Yes. But worth being fired over? Not at all. Again, why can rappers and black people call each other that word all the time like it's a compliment and yet a white person says it and they have to lose their jobs?

There's more to it than just the word usage. You need to read up more on her past.

If she were videotaped laughing, high-fiving a black guy and saying "Right on, my n*gga!" or something friendly to that effect she probably wouldn't have been fired. It would have been odd and may have made the guy uncomfortable, but it wouldn't have caused the same uproar. So, the continuous comparison to the way rappers use it is ridiculous. Two totally different tones.

Rasheed1
06-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I bet that logic does go both ways.

Is it a poisonous cycle? Yes and no. I think the bigger problem is the "burning." The stereotyping is just a reaction to the burning. If we stopped the stereotyping but continued to burn each other, what does that solve?

For about 20 years rappers have been bragging about robbing people, fighting, hurting, killing. A bunch of kids have taken on that persona. Why is it my fault when I stereotype them for my own well being? And not their fault for choosing that lifestyle to begin with? I've

can you be any more stupid??? you base your your stereotypes on rap music and not any actual interaction you have had with real people of color?? how stupid is that? :oldlol:

If I judge everyone by some movies I see of white serial killers, that makes me an idiot...

you are basing your judgement on entertainment media.. thats stupid... you cant watch TV and think the images you see are a true reflection of everyone out in the world...

The world is alot more complex than what music and TV portray... TV and music are selling a product... its not reality... :facepalm

I see people as individuals politically, but there are groups in life that you have to watch out for. If you see a bunch of bald white guys riding motorcycles with Hells Angel leather jackets, you going to bump into them at the bar? It's just common sense.

I happen to know some bald white guys who ride bikes...They might be intimidating on sight, but they are good guys if you take the time to relate to them on a human level...

THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE ALL OF US...

you dont seem to understand that...

Like I said... you need to put away your fear of other human beings and wake up and live... it seems society has you scared...

you claim to be a libertarian.. They claim not to see humans in collectives and stereotypes, but yet you seem gripped by fear of collective stereotypes of people

you cant truly be free if you dont put yourself out there and give human beings a chance.. you cant be free and totally secure at the same time..

take a chance and meet that black guy who you are scared of.... talk to that bald white white guy... I bet you'll come away pleasantly surprised....

you cant live your life based on stereotypes fed to you by the media.. those stereotypes are simply there to perpetuate fear and make the media more money..

this is not to say there isnt any crime and bad people... but you really cannot judge people by the standard stereotypes put out there by american media and conventional thinking... there are way too many good people in all those groups and people would stop being afraid of their fellow citizens if they looked at them as human beings instead of "thugs" and "ghetto trash" and "W*ggers"

stop it

Rasheed1
06-23-2013, 10:29 PM

she is a product... maybe you dont understand that.

you cant be on food channel with all the controversy surrounding you.. It is bad for their image and they are gonna drop you..

if you are a viral racist? your videos on youtube? I guarantee your job will fire you...

they dont need the negative publicity... its really that simple..

she will cost them money and they cannot have that... :confusedshrug:

all the people who scream "free market enterprise" should understand that concept..

she has a right to say what she likes, but her employers also have a right to fire her for it..

very straight forward

niko
06-23-2013, 10:44 PM

you cant be on food channel with all the controversy surrounding you.. It is bad for their image and they are gonna drop you..

if you are a viral racist? your videos on youtube? I guarantee your job will fire you...

all the people who scream "free market enterprise" should understand that concept..

she has a right to say what she likes, but her employers also have a right to fire her for it..

very straight forward

Very well said.

Free speech pertains to the right to be free from government prosecution for criticizing them. When you make comments which devalue you at work and get fired that's free market, not free speech. She's 100% a product to draw advertising dollars. She devalued herself in that way, and she got fired. It's pretty simple.

MavsSuperFan
06-24-2013, 02:01 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

Americans 308,745,538 100.0 %
White or European American 223,553,265 72.4 %
Black or African American 38,929,319 12.6 %
Asian American 14,674,252 4.8 %
American Indian or Alaska Native 2,932,248 0.9 %
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander 540,013 0.2 %
Some other race 19,107,368 6.2 %
Two or more races 9,009,073 2.9 %

Not Hispanic nor Latino 258,267,944 83.6 %
Non-Hispanic White or European American 196,817,552 63.7 %
Non-Hispanic Black or African American 37,685,848 12.2 %
Non-Hispanic Asian 14,465,124 4.7 %
Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native 2,247,098 0.7 %
Non-Hispanic Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander 481,576 0.2 %
Non-Hispanic Some Other Race 604,265 0.2 %
Non-Hispanic Two or more races 5,966,481 1.9 %

Hispanic or Latino 50,477,594 16.4 %
White or European American Hispanic 26,735,713 8.7 %
Black or African American Hispanic 1,243,471 0.4 %
American Indian or Alaska Native Hispanic 685,150 0.2 %
Asian Hispanic 209,128 0.1 %
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander Hispanic 58,437 0.0 %
Some Other Race Hispanic 18,503,103 6.0 %
Two or more races Hispanic 3,042,592 1.0 %

Although non-hispanic whites like me should fall below 50% within like 2 decades at the latest. Still Whites will be a plurality for a long time. I have never understood why all other minority groups are considered a single homogenous unit. Its interesting how fast the demographics of this country have changed. This was based on the 2010 US census. I think like in the 1990s non hispanic whites were almost 90% of the country. in like 20 years it dropped to 63%.

Interesting Map about the predominant heritages of different districts. I was surprised to find out how many areas in America were german, instead of british.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg/800px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png

Jameerthefear
06-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Again, why can rappers and black people call each other that word all the time like it's a compliment and yet a white person says it and they have to lose their jobs?
I hate when white people say this. Like seriously, just think about it for like 10 seconds, and post back here.

joe
06-24-2013, 02:15 AM
can you be any more stupid??? you base your your stereotypes on rap music and not any actual interaction you have had with real people of color?? how stupid is that? :oldlol:

If I judge everyone by some movies I see of white serial killers, that makes me an idiot...

you are basing your judgement on entertainment media.. thats stupid... you cant watch TV and think the images you see are a true reflection of everyone out in the world...

The world is alot more complex than what music and TV portray... TV and music are selling a product... its not reality... :facepalm

I happen to know some bald white guys who ride bikes...They might be intimidating on sight, but they are good guys if you take the time to relate to them on a human level...

THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE ALL OF US...

you dont seem to understand that...

Like I said... you need to put away your fear of other human beings and wake up and live... it seems society has you scared...

you claim to be a libertarian.. They claim not to see humans in collectives and stereotypes, but yet you seem gripped by fear of collective stereotypes of people

you cant truly be free if you dont put yourself out there and give human beings a chance.. you cant be free and totally secure at the same time..

take a chance and meet that black guy who you are scared of.... talk to that bald white white guy... I bet you'll come away pleasantly surprised....

you cant live your life based on stereotypes fed to you by the media.. those stereotypes are simply there to perpetuate fear and make the media more money..

this is not to say there isnt any crime and bad people... but you really cannot judge people by the standard stereotypes put out there by american media and conventional thinking... there are way too many good people in all those groups and people would stop being afraid of their fellow citizens if they looked at them as human beings instead of "thugs" and "ghetto trash" and "W*ggers"

stop it

I'm always nice to you, but I've realized you're basically too dumb to know how dumb you are. You don't even get what I say 99% of the time.

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2013, 03:01 AM
An old white southern lady who once used the n-word, is this what people are freaking out about? Give me a break. Robert Byrd was a former KKK Grand Keagle and only death got him out of the Senate.

Additionally Deen was a huge backer of Obama in 2008 and featured Michelle on her program multiple times. This is more of a case of an overly PC society run amuck. Her employer is obviously free to do whatever is in the best interest of their business but this seems like a major knee jerk reaction on their part.

MAC system
06-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Lil wayne sets black people back more everyday than paula did with her comments.

ConanRulesNBC
06-24-2013, 08:17 AM
I hate when white people say this. Like seriously, just think about it for like 10 seconds, and post back here.

You can't have it both ways. You can't sit there and say what an awful word it is (and I agree it is a horrible word) and at the same time call each other "n*ggas" all the time in rap albums or just in a greeting to each other.

ConanRulesNBC
06-24-2013, 08:20 AM

very straight forward

Her fans would continue to watch her. I doubt many black people even watched her show to begin with.

From what I've read now, she's just an old white lady who said a bad word and had a really stupid idea for a party. Shouldn't be fired over it.

Rasheed1
06-24-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm always nice to you, but I've realized you're basically too dumb to know how dumb you are. You don't even get what I say 99% of the time.

Im not dumb at all.. I can see very well that you don't make any sense.. You're a walking contradiction of yourself and your supposed values..

you always seem to defend ideas that you claim you dont support.. You claim to be a free thinking libertarian, but yet you judge people in groups...

You have convoluted ideas that clash with you're supposed philosophy of the world.. You live in a fantasy

Of course I dont get what you say 99% of the time... You contradict yourself and make no sense..

you are a mess

Rasheed1
06-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Her fans would continue to watch her. I doubt many black people even watched her show to begin with.

From what I've read now, she's just an old white lady who said a bad word and had a really stupid idea for a party. Shouldn't be fired over it.

Its not just about whether black people watch or not.. Her act offends more than just black people and brings negative attention to the food network.

Im sure they figure she isnt worth the hassle..

Im sure the food network doesnt want to have to defend her nonsense, and they dont agree with her behavior..

Like I said, if your behavior brings shame and negative attention to your employer? they will fire you and move on. I dont know too many companies that would spend alot of time and money defending ridiculous behavior by its employees..

I hear she has more complaints coming .. An employee of hers says she called her a "little monkey" as a joke :facepalm

thats just ridiculous...Im sure food network wants no part of this BS..

Rasheed1
06-24-2013, 10:06 AM
You can't have it both ways. You can't sit there and say what an awful word it is (and I agree it is a horrible word) and at the same time call each other "n*ggas" all the time in rap albums or just in a greeting to each other.

Its about more than just the word n*gger..

Its about her attitude.. Im sure you can see the difference between a black guy saying "what's up my n*gga" (though I agree that it needs to stop) and an old white woman talking about slave parties, and fighting a suit in court because she is accused of racial and sexual harassment..

black people saying it each other doesnt excuse what Paula Deen is accused of doing at all..

thats just the usual copout people use whenever they get caught in a racial situation

"well they say it... Why cant we?"

Why do you want to say it?

I know Italians who joke around and call each other "wops" and "dago" ...

I wouldnt be rude enough to try and say it because Im not Italian and it is a sensitive thing..

If you have a sister and you joke around and call her a "fat ass", does that mean the next neighbor gets to call her a "fat ass" too?

I dont think so..

people act like they have no concept of CONTEXT.. Its not just about the words we use, it is also about the meanings they have and the intention behind the words.

MavsSuperFan
06-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know if she actually managed to have her plantation style parties?

If she did:facepalm

I wonder how much you have to pay a person to pretend to be a slave :(

kentatm
06-24-2013, 11:32 AM
99.9 percent of the people who say it never say it in a racist tone.

as per usual you are pulling shit right out your ass

but.... not shocked Paula Deen would be casually racist.

I think the bigger scandal with her is the fact that she hid her diabetes while telling everyone to cook food that is god awful for your body.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2013, 12:15 PM
There is no law abiding you from saying the "n" word. You should understand why it's controversial for whites to say it too. Anyways why does it matter? Are you really complaining that you're supposedly "not allowed" to say a racial slur? :biggums:

Poor oppressed white people

:coleman:

JMT
06-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Lil wayne sets black people back more everyday than paula did with her comments.

This.

Doesn't change the fact that Network is watching out for their product and justified in firing her if they care to.

But you hit the nail right on the head.

AlphaWolf24
06-24-2013, 06:39 PM
since this a "race" thread......

- I had a quik question.....

- In the city I live in....the Norte side of town has alot of First generation Mexican ( Agri workers) .....of course all the schools in that side of town are like 95% Mexican with 70% no english speaking households.

- Now the Norte side also has some nice areas to live ( new homes )...but it also has some bad pocket neibhorhoods.......anyways....oneday I was talking to one of my co workers ( who is Mexican and just baught a 350,000$ new house in the Norte side ).....he ( co worker) has 2 kids......I asked what school his kids were going to...

- He said he was driving his kids to a school 15 minutes away on the south side of town ( mostly white 70% )....He said that he didn't want his kids o go to the Mexican schools....:confusedshrug:

- I told that was F'ed up.....after he told me this , I started to notice that white, Black and 3rd 4th generation Mexicans all go to the south side schools.....

is that racists?.....or Generationists?

ConanRulesNBC
06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
There is no law abiding you from saying the "n" word. You should understand why it's controversial for whites to say it too. Anyways why does it matter? Are you really complaining that you're supposedly "not allowed" to say a racial slur? :biggums:

Poor oppressed white people

:coleman:

No, I would never call someone the "n" word. I think black people who call each other that though is just as bad as white people using it.

imnew09
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Caesars just parted ways with Paula too. What a blow... financially.

Goldrush25
06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Who cares? She's almost dead.

niko
06-26-2013, 04:18 PM
This.

Doesn't change the fact that Network is watching out for their product and justified in firing her if they care to.

But you hit the nail right on the head.

Hit what nail? The thread is about Paula Dean. Her purpose is to get advertisers. She ruined it. She got fired. How does Lil Wayne fit into that?

Rasheed1
06-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Hit what nail? The thread is about Paula Dean. Her purpose is to get advertisers. She ruined it. She got fired. How does Lil Wayne fit into that?

But But But Lil Wayne does it.. He's the real villan here :oldlol:

For real tho... I agree that Lil Wayne is an ass and a poor representative of the black community.. He's knucklehead rapper who says dumb sh*t for shock value... I hope he falls off soon

But I will also say that people who always bring up rappers when white people get caught acting like racists? these people are just using rappers as a copout and an excuse

niko
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
But But But Lil Wayne does it.. He's the real villan here :oldlol:

For real tho... I agree that Lil Wayne is an ass and a poor representative of the black community.. He's knucklehead rapper who says dumb sh*t for shock value... I hope he falls off soon

But I will also say that people who always bring up rappers when white people get caught acting like racists? these people are just using rappers as a copout and an excuse
I totally get people talking about Lil Wayne but that's a completely different topic. I hate when people do that, they are essentially trying to excuse a behavior, can't - so they point to something else.

The Paula Deen things too is so simple, it's not like someone is a garbageman and they make an offhand comment, and got fired. She's 100% her image, and she ruined her image. It's pretty cut and dried. ANd it's not like she's no longer allowed to make a living.

Rasheed1
06-26-2013, 04:33 PM
I totally get people talking about Lil Wayne but that's a completely different topic. I hate when people do that, they are essentially trying to excuse a behavior, can't - so they point to something else.

The Paula Deen things too is so simple, it's not like someone is a garbageman and they make an offhand comment, and got fired. She's 100% her image, and she ruined her image. It's pretty cut and dried. ANd it's not like she's no longer allowed to make a living.

Im in total agreement here..

To me? If lil Wayne was as crazy and as gangsta as he portrays himself to be? he would say racist things about jews and white people too... he'd call them all kinds of derogatory names and mock their history just like he does black culture.. but he would never do that because he knows it would cost him alot.. lets see him make a rap record about sandy hook or jews going into ovens or something and lets see how well that goes over in the public..

His minstrel show is only allowed to continue because he makes his own people look bad and perpetuates bad stereotypes about black folks... People can handle that...

I dont know if they could handle lil wayne talking about other races with the same disrespect that he talks about his own race...

the guy is a minstel show

andgar923
06-26-2013, 08:29 PM
since this a "race" thread......

- I had a quik question.....

- In the city I live in....the Norte side of town has alot of First generation Mexican ( Agri workers) .....of course all the schools in that side of town are like 95% Mexican with 70% no english speaking households.

- Now the Norte side also has some nice areas to live ( new homes )...but it also has some bad pocket neibhorhoods.......anyways....oneday I was talking to one of my co workers ( who is Mexican and just baught a 350,000$ new house in the Norte side ).....he ( co worker) has 2 kids......I asked what school his kids were going to...

- He said he was driving his kids to a school 15 minutes away on the south side of town ( mostly white 70% )....He said that he didn't want his kids o go to the Mexican schools....:confusedshrug:

- I told that was F'ed up.....after he told me this , I started to notice that white, Black and 3rd 4th generation Mexicans all go to the south side schools.....

is that racists?.....or Generationists?

Sadly I know exactly what you're referring too.

I think it's a generational thing mixed in with bigotry bordering on racism.

They're latino of convenience, meaning they only claim it when it's convenient for them, but otherwise shun their heritage and try to dissasociate themselves from their culture.

I work with a 3rd generation Mexican, but has no ties not she want any ties with her heritage. She gets mad if somebody speaks spanish, hates anything that's cultural but will always reminds you of how proud she is to be 'American'. She'll put down Mexican people, dismiss them, insult them etc.etc.

Its as tho she's ashamed of who she is and wishes she was white.

Sadly, there's many hispanics like her, and like you assumed it's mostly generational. Although one can't help to feel as some of it is bordering on racist.

My favorite part is when they speak out against anything Latino related but quickly say "And I'm Mexican" as if that excuses anything. I feel sorry for those type of people.

LJJ
06-27-2013, 08:01 AM
In light of the "Her employers have a right to fire her, because her comments and image makes her unnattractive to advertisers" crowd, this is also very true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BevNkLH-q8&feature=youtu.be

How long until Deen is back on tv and the status quo is restored? Couple of months? And rightly so of course.

Lakers Legend#32
06-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Could we just blow up the South? :applause:

YEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAWWWWW!!!: rockon: