View Full Version : Kobe wants 7 rings and 3 more years

20Four
06-23-2013, 04:45 AM
Source: Kobe wants another title
Updated: June 14, 2013, 6:36 PM ET
By Ramona Shelburne | ESPNLosAngeles.com
EMAIL
PRINT
Kobe Bryant set off a mild panic among Los Angeles Lakers fans Friday afternoon when he selected "The Last Chapter" as the slogan that best represents his comeback from a ruptured Achilles tendon.

"The Last Chapter" sounds a lot like "The Last Stand," the quote Phil Jackson gave when he decided to return for his final season with the Lakers in 2010-11 and seemed to imply Bryant was thinking of retiring after next season.

Bryant
Far from it, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Friday.

Bryant wants to be "back next season with a vengeance," the source said. And he wants "two more cracks at it to win seven NBA titles at least."

In other words, it's highly unlikely next season will be his last. Bryant and Derek Fisher lead all active players with five NBA titles, although the Spurs' Tim Duncan could tie them if San Antonio beats the Miami Heat in this year's Finals.

Bryant has always publicly maintained that he will play only while he's able to perform at an elite level. Next season is his final one under contract with the Lakers. A source with knowledge of the Lakers' thinking told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the team was planning to open extension talks with Bryant as soon as it was allowed to under NBA rules, which ironically came right after he ruptured his Achilles in a game against Golden State on April 12.

Both sides would love to see Bryant retire as a Laker, sources said. But the Achilles injury complicated the issue, especially the timing of talks about an extension.

It would be difficult for the Lakers to bring Bryant back at his current salary of $30 million a year with the salary-cap restrictions in the new collective bargaining agreement. But the team is determined to treat Bryant well and with the respect befitting his contributions to the franchise during his career, the source said.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Lakers Index. Blog

Bryant is still in the early stages of recovery from his injury, but he is determined to return by the start of next season and be just as good as he was this season, when he averaged 27.3 points on 46.3 percent shooting, 6.0 assists and 5.6 rebounds a game, all higher than his career averages, at the age of 34.

Earlier this month, he told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that he hopes to play in the Lakers' season opener.

"That's the challenge," Bryant told McMenamin. "With the tendon, there's really only so much you can do. There's a certain amount of time that they deem necessary for the tendon to heal where you don't overstretch it and now you never get that spring back.

"So you just have to be patient, let the tendon heal, and then when that moment comes when they say, 'OK, we can take off the regulator, so to speak, and now it's on you to train as hard as you can to get back to where you want to be,' that's going to be a good day."

That day hasn't come yet, but it's getting close. The closer it gets, the more determined Bryant seems to be growing

Most motivated player ever....Lets go lakers!!!!!

All Net
06-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Better sign dwight then.

coin24
06-23-2013, 04:52 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Never lose faith in the Mamba, he will return stronger than ever:rockon:

ispin69
06-23-2013, 04:52 AM
It's fate. He may never play again.

coin24
06-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Better sign dwight then.

Yeah, cause hes a real beast in the playoffs:oldlol: Those post moves:bowdown:

KyleKong
06-23-2013, 06:08 AM
Yeah, cause hes a real beast in the playoffs:oldlol: Those post moves:bowdown:

At least Dwight played in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

Soundwave
06-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Of course he wants 7. It's part of his bizarre Jordan worship/obsession.

Sakkreth
06-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Unreal task, Stern is retiring.

poido123
06-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Good luck to him. All depends on how his team and his recovery turns out.

They really need a new coach IMO and a slight tweaking of the roster.

The_Yearning
06-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Old.

BigTicket
06-23-2013, 07:55 AM
The only way Kobe could realistically get 2 more rings is if the Lakers use the amnesty rule, and he goes ringchasing somewhere.

poido123
06-23-2013, 08:00 AM
The only way Kobe could realistically get 2 more rings is if the Lakers use the amnesty rule, and he goes ringchasing somewhere.

If he did that, going to the Bulls he would get those 7 rings.

Xiao Yao You
06-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Dream on Kobe! :oldlol:

3LiftHeatCurse
06-23-2013, 08:35 AM

#23 ---> #24

Olympic numbers : #9 ---> #10

Not sure why he's so dumb. Jordan has 6 FMVP's to go with those 6 rings.

Soundwave
06-23-2013, 08:36 AM
#23 ---> #24

He'll never admit it, but I've always thought that's why he changed his number :lol

He's obsessed with MJ.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-23-2013, 08:42 AM
He'll never admit it, but I've always thought that's why he changed his number :lol

He's obsessed with MJ.

Normally I would say it's good to try and beat MJ, but the problem with Kobe is he's a sociopathic lying manipulator.

"I never liked Jordan growing up" he used to say. Meanwhile, we have pictures of the snake wearing MJ's Bulls jerseys before Kobe ever set foot in the NBA.

The obsession is psychotic, he copied MJ's way of talking, biting the jersey, the style of MJ's fadeaway jump shot, the way Jordan celebrates championships...... and then he tries to deny it.

For years, everyone knew that Kobe had a room filled with every VHS tape of anything Jordan, including hundreds of his games, and kobe would study it 24/7. Then he'd go out in the media and act like he invented the shit.

Dude is honestly the most unlikeable pathetic sports figure I have ever witnessed. Also most overrated.

deja vu
06-23-2013, 08:43 AM
LeBron vs. Kobe in the finals. Do it Mr. Successor-to-Stern (whatever his name is).

PotOdds
06-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Part Jordan but now also part LeBron.

If Jordan was still around as LeBron ascended, MJ would have wanted 10 chips to reaffirm that no one could touch him. Kobe is seeing that LeBron can get one, maybe two more with the Big 3. After that, even more if James pairs up wisely.

Right now, only one that could stop LeBron from MJ is Kobe. I wouldn't bet my money on it tho.

Blue&Orange
06-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Kobe & Lebron want a lot of things, they obsess over those things, they scheme to get those things... Jordan? He just did it.

FPJ
06-23-2013, 09:24 AM
7 rings is quite a target but as always, faith works in Kobe's favor since Rashard or Mike Miller might not come back next year and there will be an open spot on the roster.

rzp
06-23-2013, 09:45 AM

If Jordan was still around as LeBron ascended, MJ would have wanted 10 chips to reaffirm that no one could touch him. Kobe is seeing that LeBron can get one, maybe two more with the Big 3. After that, even more if James pairs up wisely.

Right now, only one that could stop LeBron from MJ is Kobe. I wouldn't bet my money on it tho.

LOL

Xiao Yao You
06-23-2013, 09:47 AM

Kobe won 3 as 2nd fiddle so one more from James and he's got more as the man.

Harison
06-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Better sign dwight then.

I see what you did there :lol

InfiniteBaskets
06-23-2013, 09:59 AM
If he did that, going to the Bulls he would get those 7 rings.
I know you're a bulls fan but Kobe would never go and try to build his legacy on that team.

pegasus
06-23-2013, 10:54 AM
I know you're a bulls fan but Kobe would never go and try to build his legacy on that team.
He already has a legacy, one of the best ever. He would just be trying to add to it. He can certainly help the Bulls or the Pacers get past the Heat and win a chip, and that would be an incredible feat considering his mileage and the injury he's coming back from.

Ol Dirty Bastard
06-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Aren't Lakers in rebuild mode? That squad has no depth at all.

InfiniteBaskets
06-23-2013, 12:01 PM
He already has a legacy, one of the best ever. He would just be trying to add to it. He can certainly help the Bulls or the Pacers get past the Heat and win a chip, and that would be an incredible feat considering his mileage and the injury he's coming back from.

I think it's possible, though not likely that Kobe might join the Pacers, but the Bulls? The one team in the entire league the most revered SG of all time helped build? That would just further fuel the fire of, "Look at Kobe betraying the city that has loved him since his rookie years, this is something Jordan never had to do" or you might have other people calling Kobe a ring-chaser.

On top of that, you have Kobe freely giving up top-dog status to Derrick Rose. When Dwight came to LA, some detractors initially surmised Dwight would be the man, the leader, of the Lakers. Kobe put those talks to rest easily, but would he be able to do the same with a Derrick Rose?

DDensity
06-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I think everyone in LA will gladly watch Kobe for as many years as he wants to continue playing. The only caveat is that he can't be making ~30M a year if he really expects to continue contending. Take a pay cut commensurate with your gradually declining ability (he's been a complete liability defensively for a while) and no one will have a single issue.

Kobe will never play for another team, so get those wild ideas out of your heads. He'd retire before that happened.

francesco totti
06-23-2013, 12:12 PM
he cant win a ring as the man anymore. Those days are gone.

Bandito
06-23-2013, 12:52 PM
I think everyone in LA will gladly watch Kobe for as many years as he wants to continue playing. The only caveat is that he can't be making ~30M a year if he really expects to continue contending. Take a pay cut commensurate with your gradually declining ability (he's been a complete liability defensively for a while) and no one will have a single issue.

Kobe will never play for another team, so get those wild ideas out of your heads. He'd retire before that happened.
If I was him I wouldn't take a paycut because I like money but I think you are right that if he wants to win he will have to get a paycut. Maybe he will do it after next season when his contract ends.

Kiddlovesnets
06-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Well the way the Lakers are getting worse every year indicates that hes not getting another title, not even another trip to NBA Finals.

joeysms55
06-23-2013, 02:51 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/992870_557234450981427_900491086_n.jpg

BGriffin's Dad
06-23-2013, 02:58 PM

seriously why doesn't he take a pay cut.. if he really wants to contend, giving the Lakers some cap flexibility would be a great start

he has plenty of money

Doctor Rivers
06-23-2013, 03:00 PM
seriously why doesn't he take a pay cut.. if he really wants to contend, giving the Lakers some cap flexibility would be a great start

he has plenty of money

I think the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring so even if Kobe wanted to take a pay cut, he can't.

BGriffin's Dad
06-23-2013, 03:03 PM
I think the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring so even if Kobe wanted to take a pay cut, he can't.

in 2014 he can when he signs a new contract

Soundwave
06-23-2013, 03:33 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/992870_557234450981427_900491086_n.jpg

Hero ball defined. :lol

SamuraiSWISH
06-23-2013, 03:56 PM
#23 ---> #24

Not sure why he's so dumb. Jordan has 6 FMVP's to go with those 6 rings.
He's not dumb, but he shot his dream of being better than MJ by doing this. The #24, the #10 on the Olympic team. The aping of the mannerisms, celebration, focus on replicating and imitating Jordan's moves. Doing all that at a high level made him the 2nd best SG ever, sure. But by doing all that the best he could EVER become is a clone of MJ. A slightly diluted, knock off version. And as he's seen in the eyes of many who watched Jordan.

It takes a re-invention, something different to eclipse MJ. The only one with the potential or had the potential to do this was LeBron. The guy had a unique game and skill set. A basketball evolutionary melting pot of Magic, Bird, Pippen, and a dash of Jordan. He was obviously INSPIRED by MJ, thus wearing the #23 for seven years as an homage to the greatest, but he didn't try to mimmic him or manufacture moments like Jordan's classics.

See Kobe's jumping celebration after 2009 Finals -> Jordan's celebration after "The Shot"

See Kobe jumping on the scores table at home after winning the Finals in 2000, and 2010 -> Jordan's celebration after 1992, and 1997 Finals.

See Kobe manufacturing his own "He Can't Guard Me" game v.s. Shane Battier in 2009 playoffs -> Jordan's "He Can't Guard Me" game against the then "Jordan Stopper" Gerald Wilkins in 1993 playoffs.

LeBron is creating his own legacy, on his terms, with his own game. On that level I've always respected him.

The 48 special
The game winner v.s. Magic
The 45 / 15 pissed off Superman game v.s. Celtics
The game 7 of the 2013 NBA Finals

Even the "Decision" is unique, I don't see MJ doing it. In a way I still consider it a punk move, and lack of true competitive spirit but it was a unique move on his part to team up with friends. And then it changed the fabric of the league, and everyone wants to form super teams now.

LeBron is the only one with the shot of being GOAT and having a different legacy than Mike. Kobe tried way too hard to be MJ, so he never could ultimately surpass him. They're too similar. At least aesthetically.

Bandito
06-23-2013, 04:20 PM
He's not dumb, but he shot his dream of being better than MJ by doing this. The #24, the #10 on the Olympic team. The aping of the mannerisms, celebration, focus on replicating and imitating Jordan's moves. Doing all that at a high level made him the 2nd best SG ever, sure. But by doing all that the best he could EVER become is a clone of MJ. A slightly diluted, knock off version. And as he's seen in the eyes of many who watched Jordan.

It takes a re-invention, something different to eclipse MJ. The only one with the potential or had the potential to do this was LeBron. The guy had a unique game and skill set. A basketball evolutionary melting pot of Magic, Bird, Pippen, and a dash of Jordan. He was obviously INSPIRED by MJ, thus wearing the #23 for seven years as an homage to the greatest, but he didn't try to mimmic him or manufacture moments like Jordan's classics.

See Kobe's jumping celebration after 2009 Finals -> Jordan's celebration after "The Shot"

See Kobe jumping on the scores table at home after winning the Finals in 2000, and 2010 -> Jordan's celebration after 1992, and 1997 Finals.

See Kobe manufacturing his own "He Can't Guard Me" game v.s. Shane Battier in 2009 playoffs -> Jordan's "He Can't Guard Me" game against the then "Jordan Stopper" Gerald Wilkins in 1993 playoffs.

LeBron is creating his own legacy, on his terms, with his own game. On that level I've always respected him.

The 48 special

Even the "Decision" is unique, I don't see MJ doing it. In a way I still consider it a punk move, and lack of true competitive spirit but it was a unique move on his part to team up with friends. And then it changed the fabric of the league, and everyone wants to form super teams now.

LeBron is the only one with the shot of being GOAT and having a different legacy than Mike. Kobe tried way too hard to be MJ, so he never could ultimately surpass him. They're too similar. At least aesthetically.When I saw the pictures of him doing that I just went:facepalm
I am a fan of Kobe but like you said he just tries to hard to be like Mike.

Deuce Bigalow
06-23-2013, 04:25 PM
When I saw the pictures of him doing that I just went:facepalm
I am a fan of Kobe but like you said he just tries to hard to be like Mike.
Celebrating = copying MJ now?

Bandito
06-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Celebrating = copying MJ now?
He has never jumped like that when he won the other FInals matches and he did now? Yeah right...

sc19
06-23-2013, 05:10 PM
He can come off the bench for Heat with veteran minimum.

BBallZen83
06-23-2013, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=Deuce BigAnyone celebrating = copying MJ now?[/QUOTE]
Come on brosef. Anyone without a kobe lobotomy knows he has cloned himself after Jordan.

ispin69
06-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Even if he finds a way to circumvent the injuries (i highly doubt, there will be many more soon to come..most players don't quit, its the injuries that force them into retirement) there is no way he wins as ALPHA. And if he can't, those won't truly be HIS rings. He'll have won those as a role player.

Quizno
06-23-2013, 05:35 PM
yeah, because 28 pts 6 assists and 5 rpg on 46% shooting isn't enough to win as the top player on your team :facepalm

he's not playing any worse than he did in 09 and 10. the problem with the lakers hasn't been kobe

TonyMontana
06-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Only way he gets 7 rings is if he rides LeBron/Duncan/Durant to titles or if LA finds a way to get multiple all-stars under age 30. Kobe is irrelevant. Doesn't defend, isn't a shooter, doesn't provide an interior presence. The only role he can do is hogging the ball and taking 25 shots, but at this point he isn't good enough to warrant that. Same boat as a guy like M. Beasley. Noone wants those guys that cant provide a role other than chucking shots up .

inclinerator
06-23-2013, 05:41 PM
he should be aiming for 12 rings

Deuce Bigalow
06-23-2013, 05:52 PM
He has never jumped like that when he won the other FInals matches and he did now? Yeah right...
Yeah I'm sure he was like I'm going to jump like Jordan right now...Dude's just celebrating a championship. No one has jumped before in the history of mankind?

Bobcat4Ever
06-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Normally I would say it's good to try and beat MJ, but the problem with Kobe is he's a sociopathic lying manipulator.

"I never liked Jordan growing up" he used to say. Meanwhile, we have pictures of the snake wearing MJ's Bulls jerseys before Kobe ever set foot in the NBA.

The obsession is psychotic, he copied MJ's way of talking, biting the jersey, the style of MJ's fadeaway jump shot, the way Jordan celebrates championships...... and then he tries to deny it.

For years, everyone knew that Kobe had a room filled with every VHS tape of anything Jordan, including hundreds of his games, and kobe would study it 24/7. Then he'd go out in the media and act like he invented the shit.

Dude is honestly the most unlikeable pathetic sports figure I have ever witnessed. Also most overrated.

Kill yourself.

Scholar
06-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Unreal task, Stern is retiring.

Yeah, makes sense. Stern wants the Lakers and Kobe to win so much that he vetoed the CP3 trade.

longtime lurker
06-23-2013, 07:56 PM

The 48 special

LeBron is the only one with the shot of being GOAT and having a different legacy than Mike. Kobe tried way too hard to be MJ, so he never could ultimately surpass him. They're too similar. At least aesthetically.

I swear you guys read waaaay too much into things.

Bandito
06-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah I'm sure he was like I'm going to jump like Jordan right now...Dude's just celebrating a championship. No one has jumped before in the history of mankind?
Yes but is not only that jump, is the change to 24, his mannerisms, even his game is identical to MJ. It's just a lot of things about him.

TheGreatDeraj
06-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Lakers going to win the title next year. Laker/Kobe haters had a dream season this year with all the bs that went on this year.

2012-2013 Lakers season recap (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296734)

Take a look in there at all the crap the Lakers had to overcome

-3 coaches
-injuries to their top 10 guys

Kobe
-Dwight
-Gasol
-Nash
-Metta
-Blake
-Jamison
-Hill
-Clark
-Meeks

Come one what other team had that kinda injury problems.

It's not like they were a well oiled machine to begin with: Nash, Dwight, Meeks, Jamison, Clark were all new players. Because of their 3 coaches and lack of training camp with D'Antoni they really never had time to learn a system.

Next year is going to be good. Kobe is going to be the most motivated to win a title since the 08 loss to Boston.

Blake
Kobe
Metta
Pau
Howard

Nash
Meeks
Ebanks
Clark
Hill

D'Antoni better start Blake and keep Nash healthy by limiting his minutes. Gasol/Dwight were working much better together before the Kobe injury. The defense was getting better. They were 7-1 in the final month.

Lakers beat the Heat if they make it both make it to the finals next year. Over a 7 game series Gasol/Howard would beat them up inside worse than the Pacers' West/Hibbert could. Plus they have Kobe on the perimeter getting buckets instead of Paul George. Metta can get physical and guard Lebron with Gasol/Howard protecting the paint.

You think Howard's not going to prove the hater's wrong next year? He wasn't 100% and that's obvious. Guarantee his post game is markedly improved next year. Next year his post game is going to look more like 2010 than 2012. He anchored the defense pretty well last year and that was with a surgically repaired back and a torn labrum.

Sure, Gasol looked old last year...with knee tendinitis and plantar fasciitis. With Jordan hill back from surgery and the emergence of Earl Clark, Gasol can get more rest.

There was a reason for the Lakers hype before this season. It never came to fruition because of some bad decision and some uncontrollable outside factors, but title # 17 is coming. Kobe wants 7 titles, which would put him one over Jordan and Kareem and give him his goal of giving the Lakers 18 titles, more than Boston, and most importantly the most in NBA history.

ispin69
06-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Kill yourself.

Is this type of behavior allowed? Advocating suicide? Yet this post remains and nothing has been done.

:facepalm

Koresh
06-23-2013, 08:29 PM

Definition of DENIAL

: refusal to satisfy a request or desire
a (1) : refusal to admit the truth or reality (as of a statement or charge) (2) : assertion that an allegation is false
b : refusal to acknowledge a person or a thing : disavowal
: the opposing by the defendant of an allegation of the opposite party in a lawsuit

COnDEMnED
06-23-2013, 09:55 PM
LeBron vs. Kobe in the finals. Do it Mr. Successor-to-Stern (whatever his name is).
Adam Silver. A dude groomed personally by David Stern for years. If people are thinking this is the chance to get the old NBA back, they are going to be disappointed. This guy will be a Stern clone.

bond10
06-23-2013, 10:13 PM
imagine the semis next year

Bulls vs Heat
Thunder vs Lakers

Heat vs Lakers

Glory to the NBA !

Rose'sACL
06-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Adam Silver. A dude groomed personally by David Stern for years. If people are thinking this is the chance to get the old NBA back, they are going to be disappointed. This guy will be a Stern clone.
He has been NBA's commissioner since 1984. Wtf are you talking about? People who cry want NBA of the 90s back as most current viewers grew up in the 90s .

2013 Lakers
06-23-2013, 10:32 PM
He has been NBA's commissioner since 1984. Wtf are you talking about?

The 50s, 60s and 70s, obviously.

bagelred
06-23-2013, 10:40 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305051

MaxFly
06-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Yes but is not only that jump, is the change to 24, his mannerisms, even his game is identical to MJ. It's just a lot of things about him.

Quick question... why was 24 significant to Bryant?

G-Funk
06-24-2013, 12:14 AM
7 rings 4 finals MVP= Top 3 All-time and he knows this

G-Funk
06-24-2013, 12:16 AM
imagine the semis next year

Bulls vs Heat
Thunder vs Lakers

Heat vs Lakers

Glory to the NBA !
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

INDI
06-24-2013, 12:20 AM

Kobe wore the number 24 in highschool. When he was drafted he couldnt get the number because George Mcloud had it.

G-Funk
06-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Quick question... why was 24 significant to Bryant?Kobe picked #24 because that was his number as a kid, he wanted that number when he first came to Los Angeles but it was already taken. So he multiplied 2 and 4 to get 8

Bandito
06-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Quick question... why was 24 significant to Bryant?
Because he never wanted to be Jordan. I read once that Kobe listened to the media and kids talking about Jordan but that he wanted to be more than him. He wanted to kids saying that they wanted to be Kobe not Jordan. I read that in a magazine and I cannot don't have any links but I do remember that.

So by choosing 24 he's saying that he is the next in line. He doesn't want to be another 23 but the heir to the throne.

Straight_Ballin
06-24-2013, 12:58 AM
Fvck the rings, if he comes back scoring 27ppg on 46+% shooting and the Lakers make they playoffs, then that's impressive considering coming back from an Achilles injury is very difficult.

Solid Snake
06-24-2013, 01:05 AM
I can see how people can say that Kobe copies Jordan, but to use the manner in which he celebrates as evidence of copying is ridiculous. Whatever someone does during celebration is spontaneous, random motions of the body fueled by happiness/giddiness. You don't "copy" that shit. You people sound stupid as hell to even suggest that.

dbk123
06-24-2013, 01:33 AM
lets see him average atleast 20ppg coming off injury first

chosen_one6
06-24-2013, 01:55 AM
It's cool to have crazy work ethic and a desire to win and all...but we all know pro athletes are delusional and think they can do things when in reality they really can't (recent example is Brandon Jennings thinking they could beat the Heat.)

Kobe is NOT going to be the same player. I can't wait for the Kobe d*ck riders to see this.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-24-2013, 04:41 AM
I can see how people can say that Kobe copies Jordan, but to use the manner in which he celebrates as evidence of copying is ridiculous. Whatever someone does during celebration is spontaneous, random motions of the body fueled by happiness/giddiness. You don't "copy" that shit. You people sound stupid as hell to even suggest that.

Sociopaths like Kobe are manipulative and everything is contrived, man. He copied everything to a T.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2qn1g11.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2jfmw0n.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
06-24-2013, 04:46 AM

whats next, you gonna compare how similar they are when clapping? :facepalm

those are standard things to do...

3LiftHeatCurse
06-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Unaware little Kobe-stan

If it's standard now, you can thank Jordan for it.

INDI
06-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Sociopaths like Kobe are manipulative and everything is contrived, man. He copied everything to a T.

I guarantee I can find pictures of lebron, paul pierce, and ray allen, pumping their fists, chewing shirts, jumping etc.... Besides, kobe had the epic chewing shirt moment when he hit a game winning basket at the end of the season with his shirt in his mouth!!! Really though who else does that???

Kobe chewing shirts>>> Jordan chewing shirts

INDI
06-24-2013, 07:39 AM
7 rings 4 finals MVP= Top 3 All-time and he knows this

I dont believe that he needs 7 to make the top 3. One key thing that people forget is that kobe is 3-4 seasons away from being the leading scorer of alltime. I gaurantee WHEN that happens the world will go nuts.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-24-2013, 07:46 AM
I guarantee I can find pictures of lebron, paul pierce, and ray allen, pumping their fists, chewing shirts, jumping etc....

I just showed you Rip Hamilton copying MJ, AS A TEAMMATE with the Wizards. So if you find other players also using the pump fist, it's cause all these guys worship MJ. LeBron wore #23 in his honor for petes sake.

The chewing jersey thing, you won't find much though. That's strictly kobe copying MJ. LBJ doesn't do it, nor does PP, i can't think of other stars who do it.

but none of those guys took it to another level and copied every single thing. Only Kobe did. Kobe took it to the pathetic swagger jock level.

Jordan is GOAT, back then he was worshipped by the world in a way you will never understand since you didn't grow up in the 90's. No athlete in the past 15 years even comes close to the atmospheric stardom of Jordan during the 90s. Not Messi, not Lance Armstrong, not Kobe, Not LeBron, not Tom Brady, nobody. So you young kids don't really understand.

INDI
06-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I just showed you Rip Hamilton copying MJ, AS A TEAMMATE with the Wizards. So if you find other players also using the pump fist, it's cause all these guys worship MJ. LeBron wore #23 in his honor for petes sake.

The chewing jersey thing, you won't find much though. That's strictly kobe copying MJ. LBJ doesn't do it, nor does PP, i can't think of other stars who do it.

but none of those guys took it to another level and copied every single thing. Only Kobe did. Kobe took it to the pathetic swagger jock level.

Jordan is GOAT, back then he was worshipped by the world in a way you will never understand since you didn't grow up in the 90's. No athlete in the past 15 years even comes close to the atmospheric stardom of Jordan during the 90s. Not Messi, not Lance Armstrong, not Kobe, Not LeBron, not Tom Brady, nobody. So you young kids don't really understand.

I think many players copy MJ and other greats. The thing with Kobe is he did it and was able to be idolized in a similar manner. We view kobe through a fishbowl, there are others but they are not watched the same way we watch kobe.

years ago the lakers had a player named laron profit, his entire mannerisms was kobe like. Even to the point where he would make a shot and announcers would say something about kobe thinking it was him.

why is no one on ish not talking about laron??? Because he doesnt have kobes status, and no one wouldve ever even noticed the similarities had he not played next to the man

MaxFly
06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Because he never wanted to be Jordan. I read once that Kobe listened to the media and kids talking about Jordan but that he wanted to be more than him. He wanted to kids saying that they wanted to be Kobe not Jordan. I read that in a magazine and I cannot don't have any links but I do remember that.

So by choosing 24 he's saying that he is the next in line. He doesn't want to be another 23 but the heir to the throne.

So he made this decision when he was 14? In 1992? I think this highlights the dangers of "I once read" arguments. :rolleyes:

Bandito
06-24-2013, 10:11 AM
So he made this decision when he was 14? In 1992? I think this highlights the dangers of "I once read" arguments. :rolleyes:
Of course there are no facts to what I am saying as it is just conjecture but when you put all the detail about him in the light it brings a lot of suspicions if he does wants to be the next Michael Jordan. Or maybe he pick it up subconsciously by watching a lot of tapes ofhim.

TheGreatDeraj
06-24-2013, 11:16 AM
fuggin idiots talking about Kobe copying MJs fist pump like he was the only dude to ever fist pump!

Los Angeles Lakers 1984-1985 Championship Part 7/7
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gi41E4YL9E)

:40 in you see a player fist pump on the bench after a great magic pass

3:00 you see Kareem fist pump after a big shot.

Worthy also fist pumps at about 3:15

as for the jersey chewing here is kobe's response:

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/02/kobe-bryant-reveals-the-gross-reason-why-he-chews-on-his-jersey-during-games

cliffs- "It's disgusting, but my father taught me when your mouth gets dry, just suck the sweat out of your own jersey," he says. "There's no bravado to any of it; it's just a disgusting little trick."

believe it or not doesn't matter.

I guarantee every single person has subconsciously copied some of there mannerisms copied from a parent or someone else they've looked up to.

INDI
06-24-2013, 03:14 PM

If u make a decision at 14 to be greater than the best ever in a chosen field, and you make it into the top 10 ever in that field, you deserve everything that comes your way.

whether you fall short or not it should always be applauded