PDA

View Full Version : Eurohoops' Top 10 Free Agents Available From Europe

Euroleague
06-25-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/06/dribbling/28850

1. Vassilis Spanoulis

The MVP of the last Euroleague Final Four is the hottest name in the market and every big team in Europe is already making a run to get him, unofficially at this point. After getting 2.4 million euros net per season from Olympiacos, his rumored asking price is 3 million net per season. Only CSKA Moscow seems able to pay this kind of money, so expect a quite long serial.

2. Stephan Lasme

He was considered a lock to remain in Panathinaikos, until CSKA Moscow and 2.5 million euros net for two seasons entered the picture. The Greens announced that they are ending the negotiations with him, without a result. Still, he hasn’t signed yet with the Russians, so he is a free agent.

3. Kyle Hines

One more Euroleague champion who is a free agent, and he is asking for a big time raise. He was paid 375.000 US dollars net in Olympiacos, and he has already a 2 million dollars net for two seasons offer by the Reds on the table. Still, it’s rumored that CSKA is offering him more.

4. Bobby Brown

If you can’t get Spanoulis, he is probably the best alternative. The cornerstone of this year’s Siena can get at least a million euros net contract, and certainly there is a market for him in Spain, Russia, and Turkey, with Unics Kazan already demonstrating their interest.

5. Ioannis Bourousis

Despite a bad EA7 Milano season, Bourousis is still a more than capable center, as his Euroleague stats prove. He already has two offers on the table from Real Madrid and Galatasaray, and also Barcelona seems to be interested in him.

6. Zoran Planinic

He had one of his best seasons as the leader of Khimki, which can’t keep him due to financial reasons. Many rumors surround his destination at this point. However, as we have reported, CSKA Moscow is also closely monitoring his case (and that may also mean that Teodosic is at the exit door, but that’s another story).

7. Acie Law

The overlooked hero of Olympiacos is also a free agent, and at this point it’s more than possible that he will not stay in Greece. Spanoulis overshadowed him, but he was a leader, and the best player of Olympiacos in the first half of the Euroleague Final.

8. Gani Lawal

He was the player that stole the show in the Italian Finals, and Roma simply doesn’t have the money to keep him. He is considered the best alternative to the Hines and Lasme duo, so don’t be surprised if you see him ending up in Greece. Note that at this point, his salary is more than affordable for elite Euroleague teams.

9. Travis Diener

He has an Italian passport, and he is the best shooter available on the market. His name at this point is not mentioned a lot on the market, but after his season in Sassari, everyone took notes and expects the former teammate of Dwyane Wade to take the step to the next level.

10. Dimitris Diamantidis

He should have been at least number 2 on the list, only behind Spanoulis. The reason that he has been pushed down to number 10 is not his numbers this season, but the fact that he is virtually out of the market and will probably remain in Panathinaikos, no matter what.

Honorable mentions: Bostjan Nachbar, Devin Smith (close to remaining in Maccabi Tel Aviv), Antonis Fotsis (close to returning to Panathinaikos), Mirza Begic, Joe Ingles, Jonas Maciulis, Sasha Vujacic, Gal Mekel

Segatti
06-25-2013, 12:00 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/400x/25262749.jpg

zac
06-25-2013, 12:07 PM
When Acie Law is a top free agent, I lost any respect I had for a league.

Bosnian Sajo
06-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Acie Law :oldlol:

CanYouDigIt
06-25-2013, 12:08 PM
is Whitney Houston also a free agent?

chosen_wun
06-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Travis Diener ????

Im gonna cry.:roll:

DG#8
06-25-2013, 12:12 PM
most of them are not suitable for NBA style

Fiba basketball
06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
No Teodosic ?

Anyway this is very bad list .

KG215
06-25-2013, 02:35 PM
What kind of douche bag 5-stars his own thread?

DirkNowitzki41
06-25-2013, 02:35 PM
:lol :lol

PickernRoller
06-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Dude made a fresh thread for once and people are just trashing his thread. Seems the taste in this forum is already decided....

Euroleague
06-25-2013, 03:23 PM
No Teodosic ?

Anyway this is very bad list .

I don't agree with the list either, but it's from by far one of the top international basketball sites, so it is worth posting.

Anyway, Teodosic isn't a free agent. He has a player out option, which he has not exercised, and a team option, which the team has not decided to decline yet.

So for now, he is under contract with CSKA. I think he better hope they pick his option up, because if not, he's probably looking at a huge pay cut. I think they will keep him though, unless Spanoulis takes their offer.

Euroleague
06-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Anyway, unconfirmed reports are that Kyle Hines re-signed with Olympiacos for $2.4 million per season. So that takes him off the market if it is true.

R.I.P.
06-25-2013, 03:25 PM

That made me laugh. :roll:

R.I.P.
06-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Diamantidis would be the only one I

Euroleague
06-25-2013, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Diamantidis would be the only one I

Peteballa
06-25-2013, 03:31 PM
How's Stephane Lasme been over in Europe? I remember him when he was with the Heat in that horrible 07-8 season, surprised he never got any more looks in the NBA.

Johnny Jones
06-25-2013, 03:33 PM
:lol

Psycho
06-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Wow. The top free agent is a poor man's version of a poor man's Ricky Rubio. :lol

Euroleague
06-25-2013, 03:35 PM
How's Stephane Lasme been over in Europe? I remember him when he was with the Heat in that horrible 07-8 season, surprised he never got any more looks in the NBA.

He does very good in his specific role. On Panathinaikos they only asked him to play defense, guard pick and roll of centers in particular, and to finish lobs passes for dunks.

He is very good in that role, even outstanding.

But in anything beyond that, he's average or below average.

Overall though, he's light years better than someone like Joel Anthony.

I would say a good NBA comparison would be Chris Andersen. Lasme is smaller and more athletic though.

Euroleague
06-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Wow. The top free agent is a poor man's version of a poor man's Ricky Rubio. :lol

Rubio was one of the worst players in Euroleague, idiot.

Andrei89
06-25-2013, 04:36 PM

I am from Europe. They all suck.

Stick to the NBA sport..

HylianNightmare
06-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Dude made a fresh thread for once and people are just trashing his thread. Seems the taste in this forum is already decided....

Because
1. There is a sub forum to discuss euro ball

2. Euroleague is a douchebag

KG215
06-25-2013, 04:45 PM
I see you're still sticking to this hyperbolic, over-the-top, bullshit.

SpecialQue
06-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Euroleague posting this shit like everyone was dying to read it.

Euroleague
06-25-2013, 05:12 PM
I see you're still sticking to this hyperbolic, over-the-top, bullshit.

Every single European basketball fan in this forum has confirmed that Rubio was pure trash in Euroleague.

Yet you STILL LIE and claim he wasn't.

You will burn in hell, with all other liars.

SpecialQue
06-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Every single European basketball fan in this forum has confirmed that Rubio was pure trash in Euroleague.

:biggums:

TheReturn
06-25-2013, 07:15 PM
:roll: :roll:

niko
06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=Euroleague]http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/06/dribbling/28850

1. Vassilis Spanoulis

The MVP of the last Euroleague Final Four is the hottest name in the market and every big team in Europe is already making a run to get him, unofficially at this point. After getting 2.4 million euros net per season from Olympiacos, his rumored asking price is 3 million net per season. Only CSKA Moscow seems able to pay this kind of money, so expect a quite long serial.

2. Stephan Lasme

He was considered a lock to remain in Panathinaikos, until CSKA Moscow and 2.5 million euros net for two seasons entered the picture. The Greens announced that they are ending the negotiations with him, without a result. Still, he hasn

Dr.J4ever
06-25-2013, 10:30 PM

See, this is where you lose your credibility. Rubio had a ton of awards in both the ACB, arguably the toughest domestic league in Europe, and even the Euroleague where he won Rising Star and started at PG to win the title. Far from "trash".

Your list, however, is informative and straightforward. There I said something good about you. The Sixers should look at this list to complement their guard corps maybe.

Derka
06-25-2013, 10:33 PM

You are officially the Fred Phelps of ISH.

RRR3
06-26-2013, 07:01 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

GatorKid117
06-26-2013, 08:03 AM
The Travis Diener!

The lord and savior of the Magic a long time ago. Glad to see our Christ is still playing.

Fiba basketball
06-26-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't agree with the list either, but it's from by far one of the top international basketball sites, so it is worth posting.

Anyway, Teodosic isn't a free agent. He has a player out option, which he has not exercised, and a team option, which the team has not decided to decline yet.

So for now, he is under contract with CSKA. I think he better hope they pick his option up, because if not, he's probably looking at a huge pay cut. I think they will keep him though, unless Spanoulis takes their offer.

Jackson will stay in CSKA and since Pargo signed he will leave for sure and from what I heard he will go to Barcelona as a replacment for Huertas , I think he could get the same pay there .

Fiba basketball
06-26-2013, 11:27 AM
See, this is where you lose your credibility. Rubio had a ton of awards in both the ACB, arguably the toughest domestic league in Europe, and even the Euroleague where he won Rising Star and started at PG to win the title. Far from "trash".

Your list, however, is informative and straightforward. There I said something good about you. The Sixers should look at this list to complement their guard corps maybe.

Many of those awards are stupid . This season Papanikolaou was selected as rising star over Mirotic but Mirotic was put in 2nd all EL team . Krstic was 3rd best player on CSKA but he got selceted in all EL first team while Khryapa and Teodosic who played much better than him were in 2nd team .

A lot of players get hyped and becouse of that they win awards even when they don't deserve them .

CavaliersFTW
06-26-2013, 04:01 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hLfnzV9Oe1Q/UcqHb9DhuMI/AAAAAAAAEbg/1sbA-CDLqsI/s400/Stooges%2520gif.gif

HomieWeMajor
06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Rumor is that CSKA Moscow is gonna offer Nate Robinson a 50 Million Euro/3 year deal.

-HomieWeMajor

irriducibili
06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
@Euroleague, where you from?

Dro
06-26-2013, 04:12 PM
I can't lie, I laughed at Travis Diener, lol....I remember when he played for the Pacers....He's not even better than Ben Hansborough and Ben can't get any playing time...

Fiba basketball
06-26-2013, 06:33 PM
I can't lie, I laughed at Travis Diener, lol....I remember when he played for the Pacers....He's not even better than Ben Hansborough and Ben can't get any playing time...

He doesn't even play in EL . His team played in EC and wasn't succesfull at all , I don't see him getting offers from any better team that play EL .

Euroleague
06-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Every Euroleague fan here has already told you Rubio sucked in Euroleague on numerous occasions. Yet YOU continue to claim he was one of the best players in Euroleague.

You are a lying POS and a total scumbag.

Euroleague
06-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Many of those awards are stupid . This season Papanikolaou was selected as rising star over Mirotic but Mirotic was put in 2nd all EL team . Krstic was 3rd best player on CSKA but he got selceted in all EL first team while Khryapa and Teodosic who played much better than him were in 2nd team .

A lot of players get hyped and becouse of that they win awards even when they don't deserve them .

Yeah, but you have told that same moron over and over that Rubio was not good in Euroleague, and he has about 10 times responded to my posts by claiming that YOU said Rubio was one of the best players in Euroleague.

That Dr.J4ever guy is a total creep and a pathological liar.

iDunk
06-26-2013, 09:05 PM
https://imageshack.com/a/img4/1545/9rofp.gif

Dr.J4ever
06-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but you have told that same moron over and over that Rubio was not good in Euroleague, and he has about 10 times responded to my posts by claiming that YOU said Rubio was one of the best players in Euroleague.

That Dr.J4ever guy is a total creep and a pathological liar.

Hey buddy, it seems you think we forgot about you faking an interview with Spanoulis a couple weeks ago. We all remember that. Now that's creepy!

Dr.J4ever
06-26-2013, 09:42 PM

FIBA, whether they are hyped and the awards were stupid, I don't know. The point is MANY people in Europe obviously think he was a good player to get those awards. This is just logical.

He's on Spain's National Team, right? How can a "scrub" be on the 2nd best Nat Team in the world? Someone in Spain obviously thinks he's a good player.

Euroleague
06-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey buddy, it seems you think we forgot about you faking an interview with Spanoulis a couple weeks ago. We all remember that. Now that's creepy!

The only thing creepy is that you claim a real interview was faked. That is a REAL interview.

It was confirmed in Spanish media.

Euroleague
06-26-2013, 09:48 PM
FIBA, whether they are hyped and the awards were stupid, I don't know. The point is MANY people in Europe obviously think he was a good player to get those awards. This is just logical.

He's on Spain's National Team, right? How can a "scrub" be on the 2nd best Nat Team in the world? Someone in Spain obviously thinks he's a good player.

You are INSANE. EVERY Euroleague fan in the forum tells you numerous times that Rubio sucked in Euroleague and you KEEP saying he was a great player there.

You truly are a psychotic.

CavaliersFTW
06-26-2013, 09:52 PM
The only thing creepy is that you claim a real interview was faked. That is a REAL interview.

It was confirmed in Spanish media.
You made the entire thing up stop lying :facepalm

chips93
06-26-2013, 10:09 PM

wut

Euroleague
06-26-2013, 10:15 PM
You made the entire thing up stop lying :facepalm

The story is in Spanish media and French media.

It's NOT made up idiot.

Dr.J4ever
06-26-2013, 10:52 PM

It's NOT made up idiot.

It's really simple, SHOW THE LINK!

CavaliersFTW
06-26-2013, 10:59 PM

It's NOT made up idiot.
I demand to see the link.

outbreak
06-26-2013, 11:02 PM
people aren't arguing that rubio was a great player in euroleague, they are arguing against your constant criticism and your random claims that he was "the worst player in the whole of the euroleague". He was far from the worst player and was being given awards. Even if he didn't earn them it shows he was a solid player in the league and was seen as someone with great potential. You've claimed these awards are all marketing and media awards, why the hell would they hype up and give awards to someone you claim is the worst in the league? Who's the one over reacting on rubio? Just admit that he wasn't horrible and had potential, the way you carry on about how terrible it was makes me think he slept with your mom or something, but that's impossible because you live in Arkansas or some crap don't you?

Dr.J4ever
06-26-2013, 11:14 PM
people aren't arguing that rubio was a great player in euroleague, they are arguing against your constant criticism and your random claims that he was "the worst player in the whole of the euroleague". He was far from the worst player and was being given awards. Even if he didn't earn them it shows he was a solid player in the league and was seen as someone with great potential. You've claimed these awards are all marketing and media awards, why the hell would they hype up and give awards to someone you claim is the worst in the league? Who's the one over reacting on rubio? Just admit that he wasn't horrible and had potential, the way you carry on about how terrible it was makes me think he slept with your mom or something, but that's impossible because you live in Arkansas or some crap don't you?

Exactly... Okay FIBA, a quick check of Wiki and it says there Rubio was voted best PG of the Spanish ACB in 2008 and 2010.. Really? How on earth can a "scrub" be VOTED mind you by Euros? Maybe they're all PSYCHOS

Euroleague
06-27-2013, 03:10 AM

Rubio is easily one of, if not the worst player I have seen in Euroleague in the last 10 years.

And not one single Euroleague fan in this forum has ever said he was anything but a bad player in Euroleague.

People used to laugh at Rubio he was so bad. They actually created a new stats called air balls per game in Euroleague just because of Rubio, because he had something like 39 consecutive games where he shot at least one air ball.

And he was not being given "awards". ONE award. He got ONE award from Euroleague, which the official award itself i9s even stated as being a marketing award, and not based on play.

"The award is given to the player that is under age after July 1st before the start of the season, that best exemplifies that he is the new up and coming star on the rise in his age class."

It's not even based on how good you play.

If you want, I can list the stats of the guys that won the award, versus guys eligible that did not win the award, and you will be embarrassed as **** to even argue about this.

Not a single other "award" in his entire career even has anything to do with the Euroleague.

I am so damn sick of you people here talking about "facts" when all you are doing is making up endless bullshit that isn't even true.

ONE AWARD in Euroleague. ONE. An award that almost always does NOT go to a player based on play, but rather media attention.

Euroleague
06-27-2013, 03:16 AM
Exactly... Okay FIBA, a quick check of Wiki and it says there Rubio was voted best PG of the Spanish ACB in 2008 and 2010.. Really? How on earth can a "scrub" be VOTED mind you by Euros? Maybe they're all PSYCHOS

How the **** can you not grasp that the ACB and Euroleague are two different leagues?

Oh yeah right, your IQ is around 65.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2013, 08:13 AM
How the **** can you not grasp that the ACB and Euroleague are two different leagues?

Oh yeah right, your IQ is around 65.

Do you have a learning disability, Nazi? Or are you just playing stupid? What part of my quote did I mention that the EL and ACB are the same? Of course they are different leagues, but the ACB VOTED Rubio best PG in 2008 and 2010. Is this the same ACB that is reputed to be the best domestic league in Europe?

Of course it is!

kurple
06-27-2013, 08:19 AM
no. because this is an NBA forum

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Rubio is easily one of, if not the worst player I have seen in Euroleague in the last 10 years.

And not one single Euroleague fan in this forum has ever said he was anything but a bad player in Euroleague.

People used to laugh at Rubio he was so bad. They actually created a new stats called air balls per game in Euroleague just because of Rubio, because he had something like 39 consecutive games where he shot at least one air ball.

And he was not being given "awards". ONE award. He got ONE award from Euroleague, which the official award itself i9s even stated as being a marketing award, and not based on play.

"The award is given to the player that is under age after July 1st before the start of the season, that best exemplifies that he is the new up and coming star on the rise in his age class."

It's not even based on how good you play.

If you want, I can list the stats of the guys that won the award, versus guys eligible that did not win the award, and you will be embarrassed as **** to even argue about this.

Not a single other "award" in his entire career even has anything to do with the Euroleague.

I am so damn sick of you people here talking about "facts" when all you are doing is making up endless bullshit that isn't even true.

ONE AWARD in Euroleague. ONE. An award that almost always does NOT go to a player based on play, but rather media attention.

ONE Individual award in the Euroleague. Yes. But he also won the Euroleague Title as the team's top PG. Gabe already destroyed you before with all these arguments. so just please stop!

You know, did Rubio sleep with your mom or something? I mean you're being way irrational with all this. All we are saying is Rubio won Rising Star in the EL. Fact. He won a EL Title as the team's top PG. Fact. He won best PG in the ACB in 2008 and 2010, and led that league, not the EL, in steals .

That's it . That's all. Not a bad body of work. Okay Nazi, take your medications!

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Acie Law. :oldlol:
The scrub who was drafted and couldn't do anything in the NBA is one of the biggest euroleague free agents?

Sad.

Fiba basketball
06-27-2013, 09:29 AM

Rubio was a project, thats why he got all the hype and why he got playing time on Barcelona and Spains NT. Just look at his stats when he played for NT

In 2009 he had 6 ppg on 40% and 4 apg.
In 2010 he had 4 ppg on 36% for 2 and 12% for 3 and 5 apg.
In 2011 he had 1.5 ppg on 23% and 2 apg.

So no he wasn't good .

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Rubio was a project, thats why he got all the hype and why he got playing time on Barcelona and Spains NT. Just look at his stats when he played for NT

In 2009 he had 6 ppg on 40% and 4 apg.
In 2010 he had 4 ppg on 36% for 2 and 12% for 3 and 5 apg.
In 2011 he had 1.5 ppg on 23% and 2 apg.

So no he wasn't good .

Look FIBA, I won't belabor the point. If you Google Ricky Rubio, you will see a bunch of distinctions in both the ACB(Europe's toughest domestic league) and the Euroleague, where he won a title as one of the team's top guards. He led the ACB twice in steals and was that league's top PG a couple of years. If they have a bunch of fake trophies and awards in Europe, then I don't know. European ball, will then be even more of a joke, then I thought, if true.

Bottom line, on a team where JCNavarro averaged 24mpg for FC Barcelona's title team in 2009-2010, Rubio averaged 20mpg, 6.8ppg,4.1apg,3.3rpg,1.4spg. He didn't shoot well around 36% from 3 point range, okay, but in the EL Final Four Semis against CSKA, Rubio had 8 assist in 34 minutes and 10 points, i think. FC Barca went on to win the Title. Whatever your opinion on Rubio, and truth is, his legacy in Europe is really debatable because he slid badly his last couple of years, Rubio is far from a "scrub".

I believe, in Europe, you guys tend to overate shooting a little too much, and don't pay enough attention to a player's overall value. I could be wrong.

Fiba basketball
06-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Look FIBA, I won't belabor the point. If you Google Ricky Rubio, you will see a bunch of distinctions in both the ACB(Europe's toughest domestic league) and the Euroleague, where he won a title as one of the team's top guards. He led the ACB twice in steals and was that league's top PG a couple of years. If they have a bunch of fake trophies and awards in Europe, then I don't know. European ball, will then be even more of a joke, then I thought, if true.

Bottom line, on a team where JCNavarro averaged 24mpg for FC Barcelona's title team in 2009-2010, Rubio averaged 20mpg, 6.8ppg,4.1apg,3.3rpg,1.4spg. He didn't shoot well around 36% from 3 point range, okay, but in the EL Final Four Semis against CSKA, Rubio had 8 assist in 34 minutes and 10 points, i think. FC Barca went on to win the Title. Whatever your opinion on Rubio, and truth is, his legacy in Europe is really debatable because he slid badly his last couple of years, Rubio is far from a "scrub".

I believe, in Europe, you guys tend to overate shooting a little too much, and don't pay enough attention to a player's overall value. I could be wrong.

How many times did you watch Rubio play in Europe ? He was never a top pg, he was just so hyped that he got awards he didn't deserve. When you look at the stats you can't see how player played. For example on my favorite team we have 2 players ,Musli and Milosavljevic, with similar stats so if you look at the stats you would think they played about the same but Musli was horrible and one of the worst players on the team while Milosavljevic was the best player on the team. So you see stats don't tell you anything, they don't tell you how every time Rubio was on the floor opponents let him shoot and defended passing laynes so he was just hurting his team because he couldn't pass or score and when he didn't have the ball player who was guarding him could go help guard Navarro or someone else knowing Rubio won't do anything. As I told you if you don't belive me go to some forums about European basketball and ask there.

CavaliersFTW
06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Euroleague, I DEMAND to see a link to the Spanoullis comments you lied about.