PDA

View Full Version : Lakers' attempts to get Dwight into staying have reached new levels of desperation

DuMa
06-26-2013, 03:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNszKfACMAIaPg6.jpg:large

LoPro4u2c
06-26-2013, 03:37 PM
This has Jim Buss written all over it.

IncarceratedBob
06-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Wow a team wants their superstar to stay?

Unheard of

loganwadams
06-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Take that ugly shit off and replace it with this masterpiece

http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/blake-griffin-mural.jpg

PickernRoller
06-26-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/the-Decision-LeBron-James-ESPN.png

I haven't seen a more desperate attempt at getting a ring.......

tikay0
06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/the-Decision-LeBron-James-ESPN.png

I haven't seen a more desperate attempt at getting a ring.......

Take that damn Lebron avatar off. You're confusing the hell outta me. :oldlol:

Beatlezz
06-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Weak attempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVtqZgfFKgQ

^ This is how you do it.

PickernRoller
06-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.

:lol

This is too low man.

DuMa
06-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.

:lol

i cant believe that was done :lol

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2013, 03:49 PM
It's understandable but you'd think an organization of their caliber wouldn't have to do this. But facing a season without Bryant and Howard they probably miss the playoffs if Howard walks.

PTstyle272
06-26-2013, 03:51 PM
That video :lol

LoPro4u2c
06-26-2013, 03:52 PM
It's understandable but you'd think an organization of their caliber wouldn't have to do this. But facing a season without Bryant and Howard they probably miss the playoffs if Howard walks.

I don't remember them doing this when Kobe was a free agent.

PJR
06-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Jerry Buss rolling over in his grave.

Heavincent
06-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Don't really understand why. He's way overrated. He wasn't even the best player on a 7 seed team last year yet we have to listen to the constant media hype surrounding him and what team he goes to?

PickernRoller
06-26-2013, 03:55 PM
One more reason to kill Jim Buss. List keeps on piling.....

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't remember them doing this when Kobe was a free agent.
Bryant wasn't this wishy-washy plus their main competition was the Clippers from what I heard. Back then, that meant there was no contest.

TylerOO
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.

Was gonna post this. Absolutely pathetic :roll:

selrahc
trade his ass for al horford and teague. then the hawks can sign cp3.

DirkNowitzki41
06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ok that wins.

The-Legend-24
06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm fvcking embarrassed. A big ass poster for a bitchmade clown.

:facepalm

fpliii
06-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Dwight, you're bitch made if you leave LA.

SamuraiSWISH
06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Don't really understand why. He's way overrated. He wasn't even the best player on a 7 seed team last year yet we have to listen to the constant media hype surrounding him and what team he goes to?
Agreed. He's always been overrated. But the Lakers got a 75% version (sans his athleticism) of what he was from 2008 - 2012.

PickernRoller
06-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Agreed. He's always been overrated. But the Lakers got a 75% version (sans his athleticism) of what he was from 2008 - 2012.

I say take 5% off cause of the shoulder. 10% off cause of his ego in the infamous Memphis meeting with Kobe and 5% off cause of D'Antoni's system. So in short we got a 55% Dwight Howard. I think next season we will get 100% Dwight - twice as better, twice as good, second best player in the league behind the King.

SamuraiSWISH
06-26-2013, 04:17 PM
I say take 5% off cause of the shoulder. 10% off cause of his ego in the infamous Memphis meeting with Kobe and 5% off cause of D'Antoni's system. So in short we got a 55% Dwight Howard. I think next season we will get 100% Dwight - twice as better, twice as good, second best player in the league behind the King.
Dwight Howard without leaping ability is NOT a top five player in this league. Did you watch him this season? His shoulder used to get above the rim at times. Now? I saw him blow lay ups where he barely would've cleared a piece of paper on the ground. He's not shit without his athleticism. Basically a defensive role player.

Heavincent
06-26-2013, 04:26 PM

Even a fully healthy Howard isn't the transcendent superstar he's made out to be. Being healthy won't change the fact that his post moves stink and his historically bad FT shooting is a huge detriment to the team. Oh yeah, and he's a locker room cancer and coach killer.

SamuraiSWISH
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Even a fully healthy Howard isn't the transcendent superstar he's made out to be. Being healthy won't change the fact that his post moves stink and his historically bad FT shooting is a huge detriment to the team. Oh yeah, and he's a locker room cancer and coach killer.
He's not transcendent when healthy, but do you even know what that word means when describing basketball players? The list is short:

LeBron
Shaq
MJ
Magic
Bird
Wilt
Mikan

When healthy, and motivated to his full potential (Kobe's ego and delivery oppressed his motivations and Dwight acted passive aggressive for much of the season in spite) and the Lakers with just healthy Dwight and Kobe should've been a top three team in the league.

Even with the superficial fluff signing of a way over the hill Steve Nash, and a washed up Pau Gasol.

Ca$H
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm a Laker fan but if I'm D12 I would leave. I wouldn't place my future in the hands of Jim Buss and MDA.

fpliii
06-26-2013, 04:33 PM

Ummm...yes he is, without doubt. Offense, defense, rebounding are the three phases of the game. When healthy, he's the best combo in the latter two in the league, no question about it (and almost certainly the best in each, separately).

Even if you think he's below average among centers offensively, how can somebody who (when healthy) is almost certainly the best rebounder and defender not be a superstar (top 5 or so guys to me)?

Heavincent
06-26-2013, 04:37 PM
He's not transcendent when healthy, but do you even know what that word means when describing basketball players? The list is short:

LeBron
Shaq
MJ
Magic
Bird
Wilt
Mikan

When healthy, and motivated to his full potential (Kobe's ego and delivery oppressed his motivations and Dwight acted passive aggressive for much of the season in spite) and the Lakers with just healthy Dwight and Kobe should've been a top three team in the league.

Even with the superficial fluff signing of a way over the hill Steve Nash, and a washed up Pau Gasol.

I meant guys who I would want as my #1 option if I'm building a championship team. Dwight isn't one of those guys imo. I've seen people putting him in the conversation with Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and CP3, and I really don't think he belongs in that tier at all.

SamuraiSWISH
06-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I meant guys who I would want as my #1 option if I'm building a championship team. Dwight isn't one of those guys imo. I've seen people putting him in the conversation with Lebron, Durant, Kobe, and CP3, and I really don't think he belongs in that tier at all.
I agree. He's a neo, dumb, egotistical, childish version of Bill Russell. But only he acts like he can put the ball in the basket on a consistent basis. Dwight would be better if he realized his limitations, and strictly put his efforts on defense and cleaning the glass for slop points and put backs. He'd be a bigger impact player without his ego and agenda on offense.

Heavincent
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Ummm...yes he is, without doubt. Offense, defense, rebounding are the three phases of the game. When healthy, he's the best combo in the latter two in the league, no question about it (and almost certainly the best in each, separately).

Even if you think he's below average among centers offensively, how can somebody who (when healthy) is almost certainly the best rebounder and defender not be a superstar (top 5 or so guys to me)?

For a superstar, his offense leaves A LOT to be desired. Out of the top 10 players, he's easily the worst offensive player.

Hell, if we're going by last season, he's not even a top 10 player period.

SamuraiSWISH
06-26-2013, 04:50 PM
For a superstar, his offense leaves A LOT to be desired. Out of the top 10 players, he's easily the worst offensive player.
It doesn't help that he can't pass out of double teams to save his life. Thus an abundance of turnovers, making him even worse. Bad hands, weak offensive arsenal, can't read defenses, and can't pass. Stick to defense Howard, that's all you're good for anyhow.

fpliii
06-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Hell, if we're going by last season, he's not even a top 10 player period.

Right, but offense is of minimal importance to me from a superstar big. I want my center to lock down the paint, and crash the boards hard.

Of all the centers in the league, how many are giving more offensively than Dwight? Are any giving much more?

:confusedshrug:

Young X
06-26-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't care how much of a clown he is, any Laker fan who wants them to be successful that doesn't want Dwight back is an idiot. LA would be one of the worst defenses of all time without him.

Heavincent
06-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Right, but offense is of minimal importance to me from a superstar big. I want my center to lock down the paint, and crash the boards hard.

Of all the centers in the league, how many are giving more offensively than Dwight? Are any giving much more?

:confusedshrug:

I also want my superstar center to have a really good back-to-the-basket game. Howard doesn't really have that.

And given the current state of NBA centers, Dwight should be the best offensively by far considering the hype he gets, but he's not.

Heavincent
06-26-2013, 05:09 PM
It doesn't help that he can't pass out of double teams to save his life. Thus an abundance of turnovers, making him even worse. Bad hands, weak offensive arsenal, can't read defenses, and can't pass. Stick to defense Howard, that's all you're good for anyhow.

I forgot to mention how bad his hands are. He commits a lot of Kwame Brown esque turnovers.

fpliii
06-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I also want my superstar center to have a really good back-to-the-basket game. Howard doesn't really have that.

And given the current state of NBA centers, Dwight should be the best offensively by far considering the hype he gets, but he's not.

But which centers are better offensively? If he was an elite player on that end as well as being tops in D and rebounding, he would be the best in the game by a good margin.

9erempiree
06-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.

Is this real life?

Lebron is a bigger douche for leaving. I would have stayed too if I saw the pathetic-ness of that video.

SavageMode
06-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.
LOL God Damn. I can't even.

MAC system
06-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Because when he's healthy he's a top 5 player in the leagu, and the best big you ****ing dipshit

Human Error
06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
If Dwight is ever smart and understood what it is like to play with Kobe, he should leave.

SCREWstonRockets
06-26-2013, 07:32 PM
What is Dwight, a f*cking dog? Stay? This is what they come up with? This campaign just sealed the deal for Dwight leaving LA.

Ballin095
06-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah Dwight is leaving

COnDEMnED
06-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.
Oh My God... I've never seen an agenda filled OP get destroyed like this. This is something special right here. I don't know if he can recover from this.

Psycho
06-26-2013, 10:01 PM

:wtf: Only in America does 100-5-10-5=55 :facepalm

PickernRoller
06-26-2013, 10:03 PM
:wtf: Only in America does 100-5-10-5=55 :facepalm

75 - 5 = 70 - 10 = 60 - 5 = 55%.

I know you love me an all but.....bend over and take it rough.

DatAsh
06-26-2013, 11:32 PM

Scoring is all that matters.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 12:08 AM
If Dwight is ever smart and understood what it is like to play with Kobe, he should leave.
Yeah, who wants to play with a 5-time Champ and one of the best ever.

****ing moron. :oldlol:

fpliii
06-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Scoring is all that matters.

Hopefully this isn't the status quo forever...

oh the horror
06-27-2013, 12:32 AM
The more rumbling I hear out here in LA it would seem fans are NOT happy with this "campaign" and at this point a LOT are growing tired of the nonsense.

One thing is straight. This isn't Orlando. The basic consensus is if he wants to leave then there's the door ----->

Fallen Angel
06-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Dwight leave LA and come to Houston. Just look at all the fans who don't appreciate you. "There's the door", I have a feeling that's how the majority of LA feels about you. They don't appreciate you so leave so they can realize their franchise is pretty much garbage without you.

Houston baby! :rockon:

Quizno
06-27-2013, 12:38 AM
sign & trade, i don't want this loser. houston fans will see why if they get him. bitch made

thabisyo
06-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Weak attempt.

^ This is how you do it.

Ha ha ha ha Americans :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Goldrush25
06-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Well if I didn't think he was going before, he's definitely going now. That reeks of desperation. Not a Lakers-like thing to do.