PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis will be a Top 5 player in the NBA next year

TonyMontana
06-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Anthony Davis will become the most impactful big in the NBA as early as next year(provided he stays healthy which he should).

This guy has all the makings to become a similar player to Garnett, but without the attitude. His jumper still needs a lot of work, but he has a very nice frame and athleticism to become the same kind of player on defense which was legendary on Kentucky.

One year in the NBA should have given him the adjustment he needs to dominate.

Johnny Jones
06-26-2013, 05:35 PM
:facepalm

Fuvk you bro.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Definitely possible. Dude can be a devastating defensive presence. Hope he stays healthy.

BlazerRed
06-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Wow OP you really are a ****ing idiot. . :facepalm

Also if anything Garnett's fierce competitive attitude made him better.

KyleKong
06-26-2013, 05:36 PM
All-Star? Maybe

dh144498
06-26-2013, 05:37 PM
:biggums:

fozi
06-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Havent ESPN offerred you something ? I see potential here, especially after the Jordan overrated thread.

KyrieTheFuture
06-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Has a player ever been top 5 his second year in the league?

dh144498
06-26-2013, 05:39 PM

shaq?

KyleKong
06-26-2013, 05:40 PM

http://static.tumblr.com/zou128p/qgdl95nzd/mask_shaq1.jpg

TonyMontana
06-26-2013, 05:42 PM

LeBron. Shaq. Duncan. bird. the latter 3 being top 5 in their rookie years.

the reason him being a top 5 is possible is because this era of bigman isn't that great. The best one is 37 year old Duncan and who knows how he'll hold up another year older and with more wear and tear. Whos the best after that? Marc Gasol? These guys are great players, but if Davis ends up being 3/4th as good as he should be, he will definetly be the best.

If I have a chance to have any player in the NBA on my team I'm picking Anthony Davis if I'm not allowed to pick LeBron or Durant.

these kind of guys make their biggest jump in their sophomore seasons so I'm expecting some awesome play from him.

outbreak
06-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Got the highest ceiling of the youngsters in the league at the moment, some of the good young guards will be great players but a great big man is something else (if he has the right guys around him). Top 5 next year? No way. He will improve greatly and be show more of why he was so hyped up though. I wouldn't rule out an all star appearance.

KyrieTheFuture
06-26-2013, 05:51 PM
shaq?
Word. I wasn't doubting that it had happened I was just curious.

WolfGang
06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Top 5 is a very big stretch. He'd have to be better than D.Rose, Westbrook, Carmelo, Kyrie and a bunch of other all-stars. He has the potential, but its highly unlikely he'll do it next year. If he did, I'd c*m in my pants.

I hope Rivers and Davis get more minutes this year.

KrizMiz
06-26-2013, 06:06 PM
maybe not next year, but over the next 4 years he can be one of the best!

TonyMontana
06-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Top 5 is a very big stretch. He'd have to be better than D.Rose, Westbrook, Carmelo, Kyrie and a bunch of other all-stars. He has the potential, but its highly unlikely he'll do it next year. If he did, I'd c*m in my pants.

I hope Rivers and Davis get more minutes this year.

All of those guys you listed are little guys(rose,westbrook,kyrie) and/or chuckers(all of them)

I'll take a 7 footer with some serious potential over these guys anyday. They can just impact the game more. None of those guys are even the most valuable on their own teams. Noah is the most valuable player on Chicago, Durant on OKC, Tyson Chandler on NYK. Cleveland sucks.

Austin Rivers is really bad too. I read something about how he was one of the least productive players in NBA History.

KG215
06-26-2013, 06:20 PM
What about Duncan? Wasn't he considered top 5 his second season? I'm sure Shaq and Duncan aren't the only ones, either. I imagine Bird, Magic, Kareem, Jordan, Wilt, and Russell were highly regarded by the second season.

Duderonomy
06-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Lebron. Shaq. Duncan. bird. the latter 3 being top 5 in their rookie years.

the reason him being a top 5 is possible is because this era of bigman isn't that great. The best one is 37 year old Duncan and who knows how he'll hold up another year older and with more wear and tear. Whos the best after that? Marc Gasol? These guys are great players, but if Davis ends up being 3/4th as good as he should be, he will definetly be the best.

If I have a chance to have any player in the NBA on my team I'm picking Anthony Davis if I'm not allowed to pick LeBron or Durant.

these kind of guys make their biggest jump in their sophomore seasons so I'm expecting some awesome play from him. in 2004 he wasn't even top 10 :facepalm Kobe, KG,Shaq,Tmac, Duncan, Pierce,Kidd,Nash,

TonyMontana
11-09-2013, 02:21 AM
BUMP!

No need to thank me kids

RoundMoundOfReb
11-09-2013, 02:26 AM
LOL Tony on a roll.

Myth
11-09-2013, 02:48 AM

Duncan should have been MVP in his 2nd season IMO.

Myth
11-09-2013, 02:52 AM
in 2004 he wasn't even top 10 :facepalm Kobe, KG,Shaq,Tmac, Duncan, Pierce,Kidd,Nash,

I don't think that was a far off statement. LeBron was 6th in MVP voting in his 2nd season (and it was likely that low because of team record) and averaged 27, 7, 7.

Trollsmasher
11-09-2013, 02:53 AM
Tony spot on as always:applause:

Micku
11-09-2013, 08:22 AM

What about Duncan? Wasn't he considered top 5 his second season? I'm sure Shaq and Duncan aren't the only ones, either. I imagine Bird, Magic, Kareem, Jordan, Wilt, and Russell were highly regarded by the second season.

Yup. Kareem won MVP in his second year and won his first championship also as the main guy (tho you can say Oscar was the real leader). Shaq, Duncan, Wilt, Russell, Bird, and a few others were considered top 5 in their second years.

One thing is for sure, Davis is looking very nice this year so far. Him and Kevin Love are probably the best PFs. It's still early in the season, so we'll see what happens.

Shade8780
11-09-2013, 09:25 AM
23 PPG, 12 RPG and 4 BPG... and he's 20 years old!!

O..M..F..G :bowdown: :applause:

Jameerthefear
11-09-2013, 09:37 AM
He's still not top 5 jackass.

plowking
11-09-2013, 09:48 AM
He's still not top 5 jackass.

Name 5 players better so far...

Anyway, I hadn't seen much of the guy prior to the Olympics, but as soon as I did, I thought he'd be great. Hes got a wiry frame, but hes strong, kind of like Jon Jones in MMA. Reminds me of Ibaka in that sense; not the biggest build, but strong as hell. Not to mention out of this world athlete, insane hops, and a great feel for the game. He knows where to be on offense, which is probably the most important thing.

Jameerthefear
11-09-2013, 09:51 AM

Anyway, I hadn't seen much of the guy prior to the Olympics, but as soon as I did, I thought he'd be great. Hes got a wiry frame, but hes strong, kind of like Jon Jones in MMA. Reminds me of Ibaka in that sense; not the biggest build, but strong as hell. Not to mention out of this world athlete, insane hops, and a great feel for the game. He knows where to be on offense, which is probably the most important thing.
Lebron
Kevin Durant
Paul George
Chris Paul
Kevin Love

Shade8780
11-09-2013, 09:51 AM

You can't base rankings on 6 games...

plowking
11-09-2013, 10:02 AM
You can't base rankings on 6 games...

In that case, we won't rank at all. Let the season unfold. But at the moment, hes been a top 5 player, or 6, at worst, through 6 games.

Jon_Koncak
11-09-2013, 10:03 AM
He's already better than Howard.Beast.

Jameerthefear
11-09-2013, 12:02 PM
In that case, we won't rank at all. Let the season unfold. But at the moment, hes been a top 5 player, or 6, at worst, through 6 games.
arguable. doubt he'll be top 5 by the end of this year though. all opinions though :cheers:

edrick
11-09-2013, 12:35 PM
You forgot a zero.

plowking
11-09-2013, 01:07 PM
arguable. doubt he'll be top 5 by the end of this year though. all opinions though :cheers:

I don't think he will either, but I'd still take him on my team over any other player in the league at the moment. I'm a big fan I guess.

Jameerthefear
11-09-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't think he will either, but I'd still take him on my team over any other player in the league at the moment. I'm a big fan I guess.
Woah. Even LBJ?

Legends66NBA7
11-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Lebron
Kevin Durant
Paul George
Chris Paul
Kevin Love

I agree with this.

plowking
11-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Woah. Even LBJ?

Lebron not included. And probably KD. Not sure about KD though.

Illuminati
01-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Wow. We've bumped at least 8 threads about Tony Montana predicting something about the future and almost all have became true.:wtf:

ArbitraryWater
01-09-2015, 03:45 AM
Props to OP... made a bunchy of ballsy prediction threads and most seem to end up right.

Wow OP you really are a ****ing idiot. . :facepalm

lel