PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley reveals truth on Dwyane Wade, Kareem story, and truth on Wade's future

3LiftHeatCurse
06-27-2013, 05:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPDqB7-t8aw

That right.

- Wade was seriously injured and playing on one leg
- Pat Riley says he probably shouldn't have even been playing
- Riley says he doesn't understand the criticism for being a warrior
- Talks about Wade reinventing himself for next season

ball4life27
06-27-2013, 05:44 AM
flash is back :roll:

cos88
06-27-2013, 05:48 AM
wade really needs to loose some pounds.

francesco totti
06-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Its not surprising, even stats show what i was watching..heat were looking alot of times better without wade then with him.

Now last year bosh got injured, this year wade. maybe next year lebron ( altho lebron got mentally injured in the first year :lol )

Having said that, spurs had issues with parker..pacers with granger. bulls with rose/deng. it proves heat is best team, that they are capable of overcoming injuries and health issues.

Smoke117
06-27-2013, 05:52 AM
It's definitely a good idea to lose some lbs. I don't really get all the people that say he was washed up either...it makes no sense when just 2 months before he was dominating during their win streak. He was obviously ailing out there.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-27-2013, 06:22 AM
It's definitely a good idea to lose some lbs. I don't really get all the people that say he was washed up either...it makes no sense when just 2 months before he was dominating during their win streak. He was obviously ailing out there.
Yeah....

Wade will lose some lbs this off-season and reinvent himself for next year.

aj1987
06-27-2013, 06:53 AM
I hope he starts using his bank shot again.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 07:17 AM
Clown is always injured. He got injured in the 05 playoffs. Entire 2007 and 2008 seasons. 2009 playoffs he had the back issues. 2012 playoffs he was playing injured. 2013 playoffs he was playing injured and had one of the worst post-seasons ever. Even in his rookie year he missed 16 games.

LOL. Maybe if he actually took the time to work and develop his games, he'd have a better chance of staying healthy. 10 years in the league and he still can't shoot the ball. Pathetic.

Haymaker
06-27-2013, 07:32 AM
His knee wasn't that bad. He was acting up most of the time.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 07:34 AM
How valid is the injury excuse if it happens almost every postseason? I have defended Wade a lot on here, but the guy wasn't a huge factor in the playoffs for the most part. I don't how many more rings Miami can win if he is at 50% every season before playoffs. They need him somewhat healthy if they want to keep this potential dyanasty going. And obviously Bosh shit the bed when he was relied on to carry some of the production. If Miami wants to keep it up, he is going to have to work on his game. The role players will be another year older and who knows how long LeBron will be at his current level. The Big 3 will probably have do more heavy lifting than they have done since 2011 to get the 3-peat.

Unforgiven
06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Injuries aside, Wade needs to develop a consistent jump shot. Clearly he is declining athletically, and he still has his moments, but when he can't get into the paint, he needs to find a way to be effective.

Also Wade finished the regular season fairly well, hopefully he drops some weight, and comes back healthy.

Rake2204
06-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Regardless of whether I want someone to win or not, it can be tough watching a player get endlessly criticized when it turns out he was supposedly severely injured the entire time. It can be a sticky situation for injured players, as they often have to decide between playing horribly and letting outsiders believe it's simply because he's now horrible, or honestly disclosing the severity of one's own injury and thus be labeled as someone pushing forward excuses and weakness.

Frozen1
06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
His knee wasn't that bad. He was acting up most of the time.

Yeah he was faking so much that he faked a fake knee drain going to game 7 of nba finals.

niko
06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Riley's been a great president and he's even a better coach but he's a lying snake in the grass. Are we using him as a reference now?

Anfernee
06-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Clown is always injured. He got injured in the 05 playoffs. Entire 2007 and 2008 seasons. 2009 playoffs he had the back issues. 2012 playoffs he was playing injured. 2013 playoffs he was playing injured and had one of the worst post-seasons ever. Even in his rookie year he missed 16 games.

LOL. Maybe if he actually took the time to work and develop his games, he'd have a better chance of staying healthy. 10 years in the league and he still can't shoot the ball. Pathetic.

Exactly. He's always injured because he hasn't taken conditioning and health seriously. He used to eat chicken fingers and cheeseburgers regularly during the season.

Haymaker
06-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah he was faking so much that he faked a fake knee drain going to game 7 of nba finals. You're so gullible.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-27-2013, 09:02 AM
This is the same guy who got carted off in a wheelchair for a shoulder injury. And the same guy who brought a box of tissues to the press conference to let you know he wasn't feeling well after the game.

tmacattack33
06-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Eh, that doesn't really mean too much because he probably won't be healthy next year either.

It does give him a valid excuse for sucking though.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Exactly. He's always injured because he hasn't taken conditioning and health seriously. He used to eat chicken fingers and cheeseburgers regularly during the season.
Yup. Dude's a clown. Terrible work-ethic.

PJR
06-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Yup. Dude's a clown. Terrible work-ethic.

Amazing. Here you have someone absent of a single athletic bone in his body talking down a world class athlete. As if you have any intel on his preparation and worth ethic. :oldlol:

I'd be willing to guarantee you haven't played competitive sports a day in your life.

Anfernee
06-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Amazing. Here you have someone absent of a single athletic bone in his body talking down a world class athlete. As if you have any intel on his preparation and worth ethic. :oldlol:

I'd be willing to guarantee you haven't played competitive sports a day in your life.

I'm not sure about Jacks3, but I'm in great shape.

On Wade, peep this piece from USA Today (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/heat/story/2012-01-02/Dwyane-Wade-embraces-healthier-diet-as-he-approaches-30/52331826/1) last year:

[QUOTE]Wade turns 30 later this month, and in his ninth pro season nutrition is as important to him as any other part of his regimen. That wasn't always the case: Even when he was on his way to being MVP of the NBA finals in 2006, Wade could get away with eating just about anything he wanted

Bigsmoke
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Pat is going to get on Wade's ass this summer :lol

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
As if you have any intel on his preparation and worth ethic. :oldlol:

What intel do I need? Dude has been in the league a decade and still hasn't developed a consistent jumper. Still hasn't developed a three. Has had seasons where he came into camp fat and out of shape to the point where Pat Riley has had to call him out in the media (see: 2010). Terrible diet. His work-ethic is terrible compared to the true GOATs. I mean, look at all the advancements LeBron has made in his game. Now look at Wade. The difference is startling.

Wade is only 31 and in his 10th season and is already a shell of his former self. That tells you all you need to know.

Embarrassing.

Well, you'd be wrong.

Kurosawa0
06-27-2013, 10:48 AM
So what was Chris Bosh's excuse? Wade hurt at least averaged almost 16, 5 and 5. All Bosh could give was 12 and 7. Not bad unless he's making close to $20 million per year... oh wait. :lol

Bigsmoke
06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
What intel do I need? Dude has been in the league a decade and still hasn't developed a consistent jumper. Still hasn't developed a three. Has had seasons where he came into camp fat and out of shape to the point where Pat Riley has had to call him out in the media (see: 2010). Terrible diet. His work-ethic is terrible compared to the true GOATs. I mean, look at all the advancements LeBron has made in his game. Now look at Wade. The difference is startling.

Wade is only 31 and in his 10th season and is already a shell of his former self. That tells you all you need to know.

Embarrassing.

Well, you'd be wrong.

Pat said in that interview that he's going to talk to Wade about what u said...

PJR
06-27-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure about Jacks3, but I'm in great shape.

On Wade, peep this piece from USA Today (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/heat/story/2012-01-02/Dwyane-Wade-embraces-healthier-diet-as-he-approaches-30/52331826/1) last year:

What exactly are you trying to prove? That Wade ate junk food, and wasn't as conscious of his diet when he was younger? Like practically the vast majority of US citizens?

I could link you to an article stating that a younger Michael Jordan loved cinnamon rolls, and would eat an entire tray of them in one sitting. Does that mean he didn't take proper measures in regards to his health & conditioning either? :facepalm

Some of ya'll dudes are characters, man.

PJR
06-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Well, you'd be wrong.

Basket weaving doesn't count.

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Why are we acting like the Wade we saw in the playoffs is the norm? We've never seen Wade play like that before for an extended stretch. He was obviously hurt...only morons and haters would dispute that.

And he did enough to come through when his team needed him the most.

And this whole injury thing is getting overblown...especially hilarious coming from Kobe fans. Kobe has essentially had nagging injuries since the 05 season to present. He's worn down at the end of the last 3 playoffs. In 2010...he was injured against OKC and if not for a stacked team and some luck...could easily have seen his team lose that series.

Why do people continue to act like we didn't just see Wade play great for months in the regular season. We just saw him put up 21/5/5 on 57% TS in the regular season...and he was absolutely great on both ends during the streak.

The thing with Wade that you don't see a lot of other guards do...is that he actually plays defense. Westbrook, Rondo, Paul, and Wade (might be forgetting someone) are really the only star guards in the league that play defense...and that matters.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 11:19 AM
It's not overblown.

He just had one of the worst post-seasons ever...because of (apparently) injuries.

2012 playoffs he was playing injured and struggled mightily (for his standards) outside those three games vs the Pacers, because of injuries.

2011 Finals Game 5 he gets injured and ends up paying nowhere his usual amount of minutes. Than he stinks it up in Game 6. Injury probably had something to do with that.

2009 playoffs. Playing with a bad back.

His entire 2007 and 2008 seasons were completely ruined because of injuries.

2005 playoffs. Get injured in the ECF. Costs the Heat a potential Finals appearance.

Rookie season--missed 16 games.

lol these Wade stans.

And this dude always bringing up Bryant.

:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-27-2013, 11:21 AM
If you're on the court, playing, there are NO excuses. People play with nagging injuries ALL the time.

Hell, half of the NFL does. :oldlol:

Anfernee
06-27-2013, 11:33 AM
What exactly are you trying to prove? That Wade ate junk food, and wasn't as conscious of his diet when he was younger? Like practically the vast majority of US citizens?

I could link you to an article stating that a younger Michael Jordan loved cinnamon rolls, and would eat an entire tray of them in one sitting. Does that mean he didn't take proper measures in regards to his health & conditioning either? :facepalm

Some of ya'll dudes are characters, man.

1. Read the article. Wade himself is acknowledging his terrible diet. The point we're making is he has not been serious about his diet and conditioning. This is proof.
2. Eating junk occasionally is different than regularly eating trash during the season when you're an athlete. No excuses.
3. The vast majority of the US population is fat. Wade is an athlete, he shouldn't be compared with the eating habits of average people.

PJR
06-27-2013, 11:46 AM
1. Read the article. Wade himself is acknowledging his terrible diet. The point we're making is he has not been serious about his diet and conditioning. This is proof.
2. Eating junk occasionally is different than regularly eating trash during the season when you're an athlete. No excuses.
3. The vast majority of the US population is fat. Wade is an athlete, he shouldn't be compared with the eating habits of average people.

He acknowledged his poor diet when he was a 23, 24 year old. :facepalm

You realize that you linking an article to where Wade 'embraces a healthier diet as he approaches 30', completely dispels the notion that he isn't serious about his diet or conditioning? :facepalm

AngelEyes
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM

This. There's no reason to believe he won't keep getting injured.

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 12:29 PM
It's not overblown.

He just had one of the worst post-seasons ever...because of (apparently) injuries.

2012 playoffs he was playing injured and struggled mightily (for his standards) outside those three games vs the Pacers, because of injuries.

2011 Finals Game 5 he gets injured and ends up paying nowhere his usual amount of minutes. Than he stinks it up in Game 6. Injury probably had something to do with that.

2009 playoffs. Playing with a bad back.

His entire 2007 and 2008 seasons were completely ruined because of injuries.

2005 playoffs. Get injured in the ECF. Costs the Heat a potential Finals appearance.

Rookie season--missed 16 games.

lol these Wade stans.

And this dude always bringing up Bryant.

:facepalm

So basically anytime Wade doesn't play great...it's because of an injury.

My point is that outside of 07 and 08...it just hasn't played a huge role. Players get hurt all the time.

I bring up Kobe because you conveniently ignore all the times Kobe has been hurt. He was hurt in the 00 finals, missed time during the 04 season,hurt during the 05 season (missed playoffs)...hurt during the 10 OKC series with a bad knee, hurt during 11 playoffs, missed entire 13 playoffs due to injury.

Shit happens...and there have been many more nagging injuries with Kobe throughout his career.

And until the playoffs this year....his level of play has always been extremely high.

So I'd wait to see how he plays next year and years after before writing him off the way you do.

Can't wait for next year. Howard is going to be great away from LA and Kobe...and I'd bet Wade is going to have a great year as well. And you'll look like the moron that you are yet again...as usual.

tpols
06-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Wadea always hurt.. its his playing style combined with his lack of practice. He doesn't practice his jumper enough and relies too much on reckless driving and tossing his body around for calls.

Its no wonder he broke down in his 10th season when Kobe didn't break down til his 17th.. mj didn't break down til past 98

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 12:44 PM
So basically anytime Wade doesn't play great...it's because of an injury.
Yes, according to the dumass Wade stans.

Like you. :oldlol:

My point is that outside of 07 and 08...it just hasn't played a huge role.
Hasn't played a huge role? Huh? It killed his 2012 post-season (look at how much his efficiency dropped compared to the regular season), 2013 post-season (one of the worst ever), potentially cost the Heat the 05 Championship, and definitely had major impacts on the 09 and 2011 post-seasons.

To go along with costing him two prime seasons.

Hasn't played a huge role? You're ****ing retarded. :oldlol:

I bring up Kobe because you conveniently ignore all the times Kobe has been hurt. He was hurt in the 00 finals, missed time during the 04 season,hurt during the 05 season (missed playoffs)...hurt during the 10 OKC series with a bad knee, hurt during 11 playoffs, missed entire 13 playoffs due to injury.
But he has nothing to do with the topic at hand. :confusedshrug:

Shit happens...and there have been many more nagging injuries with Kobe throughout his career.
He has nothing to do with this. We're discussing Wade. Kobe is irrelevant here.

What an idiot.

And until the playoffs this year....his level of play has always been extremely high.
Nobody is denying he's a great player. That doesn't change the fact that injuries have had huge impact on him throughout his career.

So I'd wait to see how he plays next year and years after before writing him off the way you do.
Probably get injured again no doubt.

Howard is going to be great away from LA and Kobe...
What do Howard or Kobe have to do with this thread or topic?

Damn you're a moron.

****ing retard.

:oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes, according to the dumass Wade stans.

Like you. :oldlol:

Hasn't played a huge role? Huh? It killed his 2012 post-season (look at how much his efficiency dropped compared to the regular season), 2013 post-season (one of the worst ever), potentially cost the Heat the 05 Championship, and definitely had major impacts on the 09 and 2011 post-seasons.

To go along with costing him two prime seasons.

Hasn't played a huge role? You're ****ing retarded. :oldlol:

But he has nothing to do with the topic at hand. :confusedshrug:

He has nothing to do with this. We're discussing Wade. Kobe is irrelevant here.

What an idiot.

Nobody is denying he's a great player. That doesn't change the fact that injuries have had huge impact on him throughout his career.

Probably get injured again no doubt.

What do Howard or Kobe have to do with this thread or topic?

Damn you're a moron.

****ing retard.

:oldlol:

So now when a player playing the 2nd option role averages 23/5/4 53% TS and comes up huge in important situations while helping a team win a title...his playoffs were "killed" by injury?

This is exactly what I'm talking about...it's absurd.

I'm not saying Wade hasn't been injured throughout his career. But outside of 05...what did it really cost his team other than hurt Wade's numbers? His teams from 07 through 10 just weren't good enough to do anything anyway. I don't see how you can go hard on him for his 11 playoffs. And the last two years they've won the ****ing title.

Stop acting like this year in the playoffs is the norm. It's not...****ing moron.

And if you can't see how bringing up another player (Kobe) and listing his numerous injuries to compare...then you are an even bigger moron that I thought.

And 13 now goes down as yet another year you'd rather have Wade on your team than Kobe. Right? Because Kobe was out with an injury....LOL

Just more evidence that you'd rather have Wade from 05 through 13 than Kobe...

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 01:01 PM
lol

I'm done with this moron. He's hopeless.

****ing retard.

This message is hidden because DMAVS41 is on your ignore list.

Thank you lord.

tpols
06-27-2013, 01:12 PM
lol

I'm done with this moron. He's hopeless.

****ing retard.

Thank you lord.
The arguments he uses are retarded.

Wade being injured the past two years didn't impact anything because they won the title.

And then he brings up 10 kobe:oldlol:

What?

And then you look at what kobe did in 10 averaging 30/6/5 and compare it to wades 16/5/5 on much lower efficiency.. its like wtf lol just total nonsense.

One can play through injury much better than the other because one is vastly more skilled

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Exactly. It's ridiculous.

The guy might honestly be retarded lol.

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 01:16 PM
The arguments he uses are retarded.

Wade being injured the past two years didn't impact anything because they won the title.

And then he brings up 10 kobe:oldlol:

What?

And then you look at what kobe did in 10 averaging 30/6/5 and compare it to wades 16/5/5 on much lower efficiency.. its like wtf lol just total nonsense.

One can play through injury much better than the other because one is vastly more skilled

Did you happen to not see the OKC series in 10? The only reason the Kobe injury didn't matter was because they won the series. It's literally the exact same thing you just said.

And you could make the same argument about 00 Kobe. So I don't see the relevance.

So either it matters or it doesn't. So I'll ask you this...who had the better year this year. Wade or Kobe?

bdreason
06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Injury isn't an excuse when it's chronic.

SamuraiSWISH
06-27-2013, 03:33 PM
All athletes eat like that ... MJ ate McDonalds all the time, LeBron eats chicken fingers w/ fries before games, Kobe ate greasy pepperoni pizza before games (including before the 81 point game).

These guy's burn so many calories it doesn't matter. Plus they are young. But at some point with age MJ and Kobe switched up the fuel they put in their body to sustain energy levels.

TheCorporation
06-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Dude is so out of shape!

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Dwyane-Wade-Vogue-Feature-2.jpg

http://juicytings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/chest-naked-wade.jpg

Day La Ghetto
06-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Pats really baffled by this to,but gets the ignorant way people hate on guys that are injured that play through it .dude shouldnt even of played in the postseason.everyone talks about his jumper sucking .sure when he was injured in the playoffs with no lift he was horrible, but he shot 42% from mid orange this season, his best percentage from midrange besides
09' where he shot almost 43%. if he didnt play after he got injured in late march there'd be no talk of this. 24ppg 54% during 27game streak. his jumper has never been great,but it has been respectable and better then average. Theres no way you shoot better then 50% + 20ppg as guard and have a broke jumper like people ate implying he hasnt has hIs whole career .hes never had a stretch like this because hes never had to play this injured.

G-train
06-28-2013, 01:27 AM
What a thread full of losers.

fpliii
06-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Absolutely ridiculous to blame Wade's postseason on anything except injuries. SMH...

Soundwave
06-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Dwade is actually more ripped than LeBron, he probably needs to lose some muscle, it's too hard on his knee to have that much upper body mass and having your knees have to absorb that much impact.

Cheeseburgers and chicken fingers honestly don't impact most pro athletes all that much, the amount of calories they burn, they actually probably need something that high calorie or they'll have to eat like 6 meals a day.

Michael Phelps, the swimmer, basically has no body fat, used to have three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions, and mayonnaise; two cups of coffee; one five-egg omelet; one bowl of grits; three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar; and three chocolate-chip pancakes ... for breakfast.

305Baller
06-28-2013, 01:51 AM
I wonder if I'm right...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301858

Rasheed1
06-28-2013, 01:58 AM
The thing that stuck out the most about what riley said was that he was talking about Bosh as though his spot is safe in Miami.. I figured they would be thinking about moving him if they could...

Maybe they cant?

Maybe they never wanted to?

I dont know but I noticed how Riley spoke about Wade & Bosh in the same tone as if it was certain Bosh will be back next year..

I never doubted Wade will be back