PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Dwight "Unlikely" to Resign

frmsea2okc
06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Just saw on Mike and Mike. Chris "bigot" Broussard is sending in the story.
No tweets as of this minute. He said when asked by Golic the main reason for Howard not wanting to resign... D'antoni's system.

This seems like a no brainer. S&T for Blake.

FireMcFailPlease
06-27-2013, 08:54 AM
multiple sauces?!

way to ruin my draft night you selfish turd, dwight. I cant wait to hear all about you for 5 hrs tonight

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Watch a healthy Dwight dominate next season no matter what team he plays. Laughable that there are people that don't think he is the best center when healthy.

Mr Exlax
06-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Watch a healthy Dwight dominate next season no matter what team he plays. Laughable that there are people that don't think he is the nest center when healthy.

These people never actually watched him in Orlando. He's coming to Houston. We'll win a ring in the 2014-2015 season.

fiddy
06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
pls god s&t to clippers

fozi
06-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Thats just the beginning if true.

The Lakers will try to sell that Mike is not running his system, if it didnt work, they should let go of Mike..

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 09:04 AM
If that's the real reason, then Jim would be the biggest piece of shit to keep D'Antoni. Literally no one wants him there; the fans nor the players.

I'd rather we loss 8 million dollars then start an entire rebuilding process. Howard is the foundation into the future, it would be incrediblt stupid to keep an incompetent coach and let Dwight leave.

SCdac
06-27-2013, 09:04 AM
source or not, shouldn't surprise anybody... never seemed comfortable or wanted in LA

http://memecrunch.com/meme/7UOI/lol-kobe-and-dwight/image.png

All Net
06-27-2013, 09:10 AM
:(

FiveRings
06-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Dwight is a major clown but I can't even blame him for leaving if LA keeps D'Antoni around.

Welcome to the Lakers Blake Griffin.

frmsea2okc
06-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Source

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9427945/los-angeles-lakers-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

Just turn on ESPN or go to espn.com

poido123
06-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Tough break for the Lakers if true.

Howard has been an absolute nightmare for the team since he arrived.

Sooo, rebuild time?

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Not sure when to trust Broussard anymore. I used to laugh him off but he got the big 3 to Miami story before anyone, and the Doc story too..

ProfessorMurder
06-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Duh.

sic
06-27-2013, 09:26 AM
this is also about kobe trying to still be the lead for another 3 to 4 years and Howard will not want to play second banana for 3 to 4 more years.

fiddy
06-27-2013, 09:31 AM
this is also about kobe trying to still be the lead for another 3 to 4 years and Howard will not want to play second banana for 3 to 4 more years.
Agreed. I think this situation wouldnt that much of a problem for Blake. S&T seems like a reasonable solution, Dwight gets to stay in LA.

cos88
06-27-2013, 09:33 AM
poor lakers i feel so bad

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9325/vh.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/vh.gif/)

Bigsmoke
06-27-2013, 09:36 AM
sounds right.

aging roster, shitty coach, no draft picks, Kobe likely to never play at a superstar level from here on out....

I don't really want Dwight to play for the Bulls anymore after from what I saw last season.

miles berg
06-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Welcome to Dallas Dwight, you will love Cuban.

Magic 32
06-27-2013, 09:38 AM
poor lakers i feel so bad

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9325/vh.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/vh.gif/)

Better than this...

http://nbcsports700level.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/bynum.bowling.gif

HurricaneKid
06-27-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't really want Dwight to play for the Bulls anymore after from what I saw last season.

He had BACK SURGERY and a torn shoulder.

No one thought he would play the whole season and if you removed his first month or two he was GREAT. Still, he led the league in rebounds, led the team in DRTG by a HUGE margin, and despite his woes at the FT line led the team in TS%.

After BACK SURGERY.

I know plenty of people that hate his attitude and the decisions he has made the last few years. But he is still young and is one of the best 4-5 players in the league. For him to have gotten blamed for the Lakers mess last year is unfair and if I were him I would leave too.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 09:45 AM
source or not, shouldn't surprise anybody... never seemed comfortable or wanted in LA

Kobe: 5
Sperms: 4

hahaha idiot.

wang4three
06-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Chris Broussard is a puppet

BoutPractice
06-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Damn, please don't make me hope for you joining Dallas... I'd sort of assumed Houston was going to be his landing destination, and I was okay with that, now I'm going to be disappointed if the Mavs don't get him.

SCdac
06-27-2013, 09:49 AM

hahaha idiot.

traded Bynum away for nothing... Only idiots are Lakers FO for having faith in Howard

All Net
Who's taking Marion?

jzek
If it's from Broussard then you know it's not true. This guy is more of a TMZ reporter than an actual reporter with legit sources.

edrick
06-27-2013, 09:51 AM
If it's from Broussard then you know it's not true. This guy is more of a TMZ reporter than an actual reporter with legit sources.

He was right about Doc to LA...

All Net
06-27-2013, 09:56 AM

He was right about Miami big 3 and Doc to Clips.

Doctor Rivers
He was right about Doc to LA...

That was Stephen A who reported that back in May

PJR
:oldlol: The Lakers have slowly but surely turned into dumpster fire ever since "Fredo" has taken over the team. The man most responsible for the Lakers success the past two decade passed away back in February.

Houston makes too much sense for Dwight on paper.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Who's taking Marion?

I would imagine Cleveland.

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't think anyone is taking Marion. Didn't the Cavs already try & Marion is still on the Mavs roster.

I been saying for awhile that Dwight is going to Houston so I'm not surprised with this at all.

Dwight couldn't handle the pressure of playing in LA, the pressure of the expectations of him and the franchise & the pressure of playing alongside Kobe Bryant from the get go.

When D'Antoni was signed I knew Howard wasn't coming back. There is noway Howard can play in that offensive system. He has concerns about Houston's offense but I have faith that McHale can change it a bit to feature a post game as he was himself a post player in the league and probably understands Dwight's position of concern.

SilkkTheShocker
These people never actually watched him in Orlando. He's coming to Houston. We'll win a ring in the 2014-2015 season.

As long as they get rid of Lin first. I don't see him starting for a champion

cotdt
Can we get Griffin for him? I'd rather have Griffin than Dwight the drama queen.

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 10:00 AM

SAS broke the Doc Rivers story & Brossard is friends with LeBron so of course he was going to break the Big 3 story.

fiddy
06-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Can we get Griffin for him? I'd rather have Griffin than Dwight the drama queen.
Lets hope that Howards wants to stay in LA and likes the clips, otherwse we're screwed.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't think anyone is taking Marion. Didn't the Cavs already try & Marion is still on the Mavs roster. .

I wouldn't say the Dallas/Cleveland deal is dead. A lot can happen during the draft. There is no point for Cleveland to pull the trigger on anything yet.

loganwadams

Get that shit out of here

BlazersDozen

The Lakers aren't going to make help make their in city rival create a possible dynasty.

bmulls
06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
According to Broussard, the Mavs are slight favorites over Houston :rockon:

But then again it is Broussard

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't say the Dallas/Cleveland deal is dead. A lot can happen during the draft. There is no point for Cleveland to pull the trigger on anything yet.

Very true. I hope it happens because Dallas is Dwight's best fit.

fiddy
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
The Lakers aren't going to make help make their in city rival create a possible dynasty.
Their other option is to let him walk get nothing in return and become a lottery team. I think its a fair deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1674269-lakers-trade-rumors-clippers-weighing-blake-griffin-for-dwight-howard-offer

oh the horror
06-27-2013, 10:05 AM
People are talking about Griffin to the Lakers but with D'Antoni you'd have much of the same issues.

Bad coach for this roster.

The whole billboards going up around LA are a bandaid to the issue.

I think people kind of figured this guy isn't going to resign. Most don't care that much. But most are also irritated that D'Antoni is being kept around at this point given the miserable season and just the general way Mike handles himself.

Lakers need to start thinking about what they're gonna do here.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 10:06 AM
I can't wait for the Kevin Love Era for the Lakers :applause:

wagexslave
06-27-2013, 10:07 AM
he is the best cancer
fixed

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Their other option is to let him walk get nothing in return and become a lottery team. I think its a fair deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1674269-lakers-trade-rumors-clippers-weighing-blake-griffin-for-dwight-howard-offer

I read somewhere on the board that the Lakers would be happy to take the cap relief instead. Lakers are paying Kobe $30 million alone this season so I can see their point lol

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 10:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9427945/los-angeles-lakers-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

Howard, however, has concerns about the Rockets' style of play, sources say. While he likes the idea of playing for coach Kevin McHale, he sees that they play an up-tempo, perimeter-oriented style that does not feature post play.

To get Howard, the Rockets will have to convince him that they will play a style more conducive to his skills.

lol this dude is a ****ing clown.

The Rockets were a top-5 offense last year. Featuring him in the post would them significantly WORSE. He doesn't seem to understand that he's complete crap offensively and no coach in their right mind is going to "feature" him when they have Kobe/Harden level players who are far, far better players offensively. You can't be "featured" when you don't have a post-game, have no ranger, are a turnover machine, historically bad FT shooter AND a mediocre passer. Did this fool not see how bad the Lakers offense was in those 9 games without Bryant when he was the #1 option? Their offense was worse than the freaking Bobbacts. In the playoffs they had a offense that was over 7 points worse than Bobcats! He needs to realize his impact will always be about the defense and rebounding first.

Delusional bastard.

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
People are talking about Griffin to the Lakers but with D'Antoni you'd have much of the same issues.

Bad coach for this roster.

The whole billboards going up around LA are a bandaid to the issue.

I think people kind of figured this guy isn't going to resign. Most don't care that much. But most are also irritated that D'Antoni is being kept around at this point given the miserable season and just the general way Mike handles himself.

Lakers need to start thinking about what they're gonna do here.

This...kind of seems like the Lakers FO is sitting back and waiting for things to happen instead of making things happen.

Losing Bynum & Howard for absolutely NOTHING

cotdt
06-27-2013, 10:12 AM
If Lakers are blank slate by summer 2014, I'm not sure any big free agents would sign. Would Lebron sign? He'd probably be staying in Miami. Lakers would take a very long time to rebuild.

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 10:13 AM

lol this dude is a ****ing clown.

The Rockets were a top-5 offense last year. Featuring him in the post would them significantly WORSE. He doesn't seem to understand that he's complete crap offensively and no coach in their right mind is going to "feature" him when they have Kobe/Harden level players who are far, far better players offensively. You can't be "featured" when you don't have a post-game, have no ranger, are a turnover machine, historically bad FT shooter AND a mediocre passer. Did this fool not see how bad the Lakers offense was in those 9 games without Bryant when he was the #1 option? Their offense was worse than the freaking Bobbacts. In the playoffs they had a offense that was over 7 points worse than Bobcats! He needs to realize his impact will always be about the defense and rebounding first.

Delusional bastard.

Stan Van Gundy & Orlando Magic's fault

fiddy
06-27-2013, 10:14 AM
I read somewhere on the board that the Lakers would be happy to take the cap relief instead. Lakers are paying Kobe $30 million alone this season so I can see their point lol
Getting rid of Metta will save them about 30 million in total. Letting your second player go for free sounds just wrong.

STATUTORY
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
gotta say, i'm pretty pleased he will be leaving.

Scholar
06-27-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't even care at this point. If he stay, if he goes, whatever. He played with 0 desire all this past regular season and especially in the post season. Guy was getting owned by Timmy D, a man with one foot in retirement's doorway.
He should just come out publicly and admit that he's leaving so the Lakers organization can stop wasting time and resources on convincing him to stay.

cotdt
06-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Sign and trading Dwight was the best option all along. Dwight is a clown. Get him out!

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 10:18 AM
How many titles with the 2015 free agent duo of Kevin Love and Deandre Jordan lead the Lakers?

niko
06-27-2013, 10:21 AM
How many titles with the 2015 free agent duo of Kevin Love and Deandre Jordan lead the Lakers?
None?

Akhenaten
06-27-2013, 10:23 AM
and despite his woes at the FT line led the team in TS%.

just goes to show how goofy that "stat" is

bmulls
06-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Sign and trading Dwight was the best option all along. Dwight is a clown. Get him out!

We'll give you Marion and Roddy B :D

You can reunite Nash and Marion with D'Antoni.

Bigsmoke
He had BACK SURGERY and a torn shoulder.

No one thought he would play the whole season and if you removed his first month or two he was GREAT. Still, he led the league in rebounds, led the team in DRTG by a HUGE margin, and despite his woes at the FT line led the team in TS%.

After BACK SURGERY.

I know plenty of people that hate his attitude and the decisions he has made the last few years. But he is still young and is one of the best 4-5 players in the league. For him to have gotten blamed for the Lakers mess last year is unfair and if I were him I would leave too.

dude is 27 now? that's not that young

Pointguard
Watch a healthy Dwight dominate next season no matter what team he plays. Laughable that there are people that don't think he is the best center when healthy.

Yeah, well now that Wade and Kobe are out of the way he could be the second best player in the league with only challenges from Paul and Rose who are much better leaders and team players. Dwight will be top two rebounds, top two in blocks, top scoring center, tops in PER behind Lebron, near top in FG%, will likely be the best player in the post, and he can lead in all of those categories. He was a monster and gave every indication that he still will be that player.

And these are his first years in his PRIME. Crazy.

daily
06-27-2013, 10:26 AM

He throws so much stuff against the wall something has to stick sooner or later.

As for Doc To Clipps Ramona Shelbourne said there was rumblings about that a week before anyone.

I'm not say Brousard is wrong about Howard but his % of things he does get right is very small

Mark Stein is the one to watch. When he says something is up, somethings up.

oh the horror
06-27-2013, 10:26 AM
So now the murmurs are that he "likes LA and would like a reason to stay but doesn't like the system"

So if this is true is he putting pressure on them to fire the coach?

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Dallas will appreciate you Dwight. And Dirk is the perfect fit next to you. The stretch 4 you've always wanted that can close out games. And Carlisle is the perfect coach for you.

And the Mavs are better suited to surround you with talent than any other team after this year going forward.

Do it Dwight!

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 10:29 AM
So now the murmurs are that he "likes LA and would like a reason to stay but doesn't like the system"

Sounds like it but the Lakers have already said they are keeping D'Antoni and would take the cap relief if Dwight walks so seems like he has no leverage before free agency even started.

JellyBean
Good. Hope we don't re-sign this diva. Let Howard go play with somebody else. Great talent. But oh my word what a headache to have on the team.

bmulls

No. "I don't like the system" is PC speak for "I can't stand Kobe".

daily
06-27-2013, 10:30 AM

Same article says he also doesn't like playing with Kobe so maybe they can trade Kobe and fire D'Antoni

Bigsmoke
06-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Dallas will appreciate you Dwight. And Dirk is the perfect fit next to you. The stretch 4 you've always wanted that can close out games. And Carlisle is the perfect coach for you.

And the Mavs are better suited to surround you with talent than any other team after this year going forward.

Do it Dwight!

Dirk going to be in the league for what? another 2 years?

Dwight should just "Catch a body, head for Houston"

oh the horror
06-27-2013, 10:36 AM

He's "concerned" about Houston's style of play as well. Guy is a headache all the way around

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM

I could see Dirk playing 3 to 5 more years if the Mavs got Howard and another all-star type player next summer.

Dirk playing the Bosh type role for the remainder of his career would be deadly.

Dirk and Howard is literally the perfect fit on paper. Maybe it doesn't work out for some reason or another, but it should be absolutely perfect.

miles berg
06-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Dirk has 4 years left.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 10:43 AM
No. "I don't like the system" is PC speak for "I can't stand Kobe".
He also said he doesn't like Houston's system.

:facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 10:45 AM
What kind of discount you guys see Dirk taking to get that 3rd star?

oh the horror
06-27-2013, 10:45 AM
He also said he doesn't like Houston's system.

:facepalm

Which to me is crazy because Houston seems like a decent fit.

More and more its apparent he wants what he had in Orlando except he wants to force a new team to fit that mold

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM

A huge one. He's already talked about it. Dirk's salary will not prevent the Mavs from doing anything.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Like I said, the guy is delusional.

Dude must think he's Shaq or something.

No team in their right mind is going to make him the featured player on offense if they have a Harden or Kobe level player.

Delusional mutha****ka.

STATUTORY
06-27-2013, 10:48 AM

More and more its apparent he wants what he had in Orlando except he wants to force a new team to fit that mold

Dwight is a delusional megalomaniac narcissistic, he's not into pick and rolls even though thats where he's actually effective on offense because that means he has to share the spotlight with the point guard. He wants to be featured in an iso post offense where the rest of the players clear out to the three point line and the stage is left all for him.

He doesn't care about disrupting the team's offense or maximizing the team's offensive talent, only for him to get his camera time.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 10:48 AM
A huge one. He's already talked about it. Dirk's salary will not prevent the Mavs from doing anything.

Yea, I could legit see him going pretty low in order for the chance to win more rings.

Goldrush25
06-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Kobe will be the only one surprised when Howard signs elsewhere.

Kurosawa0
06-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Who's taking Marion?

I think Cleveland ultimately does. Outta do something like Marion and the #13 for #19. Dallas can draft a player to stash overseas and Cleveland gets a higher draft pick and their one year small forward rental.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM

Obviously, I don't know this for a fact. But I have heard in the past that Houston has a bad rep with players. They have a history of not treating their stars the way they feel should be treated apparently. And than you add in Morey who trades players like they are Pokemon cards. Dallas has reputation of having the best owner, amazing facilities, and just an overall better city than Houston.

FiveRings
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM

Give him Phil like he wanted in the first place. I'd much rather keep Dwight than get Griffin. Dwight didn't play close to his normal standards last season. He will be healthy and recovered this season.

Griffin would be nice to have, but LA's defense would really suck without Dwight. He was never a great offensive player, but we need his rebounding and defense. Both are going to be better next year, as will his explosiveness on offense.

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Like I said, the guy is delusional.

Dude must think he's Shaq or something.

No team in their right mind is going to make him the featured player on offense if they have a Harden or Kobe level player.

Delusional mutha****ka.

The one thing that Howard has actually said...or his camp has said that makes sense;

The Lakers and Rockets do play in systems that simply aren't good for him. I don't blame him for wanting to play in more defense oriented systems that play more in the half court.

And do you really blame him? Run and gun is so hard to win with...really only Lebron/Wade have been able to do it...and as good as Kobe/Harden are...they aren't anywhere near Lebron.

What we do know is that Dantoni is a horrible coach for Howard. I actually think McHale and the Rockets would be a great fit for Howard if they altered their style just a bit...but totally see why Howard has reservations about playing the rockets style.

bluechox2
06-27-2013, 10:56 AM
lakers shud package dwight and artest to a team tonight, ask jordan

STATUTORY
06-27-2013, 10:58 AM
The one thing that Howard has actually said...or his camp has said that makes sense;

The Lakers and Rockets do play in systems that simply aren't good for him. I don't blame him for wanting to play in more defense oriented systems that play more in the half court.

And do you really blame him? Run and gun is so hard to win with...really only Lebron/Wade have been able to do it...and as good as Kobe/Harden are...they aren't anywhere near Lebron.

What we do know is that Dantoni is a horrible coach for Howard. I actually think McHale and the Rockets would be a great fit for Howard if they altered their style just a bit...but totally see why Howard has reservations about playing the rockets style.

the problem is that howard is completely delusional about what he's actually capable of doing. his biggest asset is his athleticism and superior speed for the position. That is best exploited in a run and gun system. Instead he wants to be a low post back to the basket center purely for the sake of the glorification of his vanity and ego. Even though he SUCKS at it.

He was one of the worst ranked center when it came to points per possession in low post iso situations.

This guy is a passive aggressive effeminate CLOWN.

gengiskhan
06-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm glad Dwight is thinking right this time around.

HOU is a perfect place for him.

McHale is a perfect post-up HOF player to coach D-12

Hakeem is within his reach if he needs help.

1.Harden
2.D-12
3.Parsons
4.Asik
5.Lin

thats a Western conference winning line up.

2010splash
Kobe has now driven out the top 2 centers of their era. The Lakers are effed without Howard. No chance at winning anything without him.

Doctor Rivers
Can you even restructure a contract under the new CBA?

59. Can existing contracts be renegotiated?

A contract for four or more seasons can be renegotiated after the third anniversary of its signing, extension, or previous renegotiation (if the previous negotiation increased any season's salary by more than 4.5%). Contracts for fewer than four seasons cannot be renegotiated. A contract cannot be renegotiated between March 1 and June 30 of any year.
Only teams under the cap can renegotiate a contract, and the salary in the then-current season can be increased only to the extent that the team has room under the cap (and cannot increase the player's salary beyond the maximum salary). A renegotiation can only be used to provide a salary increase -- players can't take a "pay cut" in order to create more cap room for the team.
If the player agrees to waive a portion of his trade bonus in order to facilitate a trade (see question number 97 (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97)), his contract may not be renegotiated for six months following the trade.
Every category of compensation (base salary, likely bonuses, and unlikely bonuses) that are increased in the renegotiated season must also increase in all subsequent seasons of the contract. Raises (and decreases) in subsequent seasons are limited to 7.5% of the salary in the first renegotiated season.
A renegotiated contract can be extended simultaneously (see question number 58 (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q58)). If a player's contract is extended and renegotiated simultaneously in this manner, his salary may not decrease by more than 40% from the last season before the extension (after it is renegotiated) to the first season of the extension. For example, if the salary in the last season of a contract is renegotiated to $10 million and the contract is simultaneously extended, the salary in the first season of the extension cannot be less than $6 million.
Other rules for renegotiations:
A signing bonus cannot accompany a renegotiation unless the contract is extended simultaneously (see question number 58 (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q58)).
A rookie scale contract (see question number 48 (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q48)) cannot be renegotiated.
A contract cannot be renegotiated in conjunction with a trade.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Bigsmoke

The Rocket's system is like that because of the personal they have there. I don't see why Dwight wouldn't want to play for the Rockets.

young team, young star 2 guard, great coach.

... hell, McHale would work with Dwight like he did with KG and ect. AND he'll be closer to Hakeem Olajuwon's training gym.

gengiskhan
06-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Kobe has now driven out the top 2 centers of their era. The Lakers are effed without Howard. No chance at winning anything without him.

this Choker wants to play another 3-4 yrs on bum achilles tendons.

you get the idea how arrogant & narcissist this guy is.

holding the whole franchise hostage.

I hate LAL anyways. Glad they are suffering.

francesco totti
06-27-2013, 11:01 AM
You could see it from long way. When cuban said "amnesty kobe", he tried to appeal nice to howard..that if he joins dallas its his team not dirk.

dirk - howard will look great, but what about rest of team?

miles berg
06-27-2013, 11:01 AM
I can't wait to watch Dirk & Dwight play together, only 4 more months!

2010splash
06-27-2013, 11:03 AM
this Choker wants to play another 3-4 yrs on bum achilles tendons.

you get the idea how arrogant & narcissist this guy is.

holding the whole franchise hostage.

I hate LAL anyways. Glad they are suffering.
:roll: :roll:

miles berg
06-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Dirk is a FA next year.

That's what folks are talking about.

Dallas can add Dwight this year and another $30,000,000 in cap space next summer to build around him and Dirk.

Rumor has it Dirk is willing to take the minimum if needed.

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 11:08 AM
the problem is that howard is completely delusional about what he's actually capable of doing. his biggest asset is his athleticism and superior speed for the position. That is best exploited in a run and gun system. Instead he wants to be a low post back to the basket center purely for the sake of the glorification of his vanity and ego. Even though he SUCKS at it.

He was one of the worst ranked center when it came to points per possession in low post iso situations.

This guy is a passive aggressive effeminate CLOWN.

You are only focusing on offense. Howard wants to dominate defensively and on the glass as well. And playing run and gun just doesn't work that well for that unless you are the Heat. So you can't just look at it on one side.

And he doesn't suck at it. Howard as the featured player on a team is going to give you between 20 and 22 points. 13 to 15 rebounds. And play the best defense in the league at pf/c.

I really hope he comes to Dallas. If he's healthy...he's going to shock people how different he'll look playing for the right coach in Carlisle and an unselfish superstar like Dirk that doesn't dominate the ball and will gladly feed him in the post.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 11:08 AM

Here's the funny thing. The Rockets and Lakers "systems" is compromised of 95% of what the rest of the league does.

Lots of P&R. Spread the floor. Isolation plays. It works better for the Rockets because they have better shooters and athletes but yeah.

There is virtually no difference. :roll:

Dwight got 13 FGA per game last year. That's about the same as what he got in ORL as a #1 option. He got more post touches than any player in the league. If he just hit 60% of his free throws, he would have been scoring around 20 PPG.

It doesn't matter where he goes. Dallas. LA. Houston. Atlanta. None of these will be dumb enough post him every time down like he's freaking Shaq no matter how much he whines. He won't see anything close to a noticeable shift in either FGA or usage. He's going to be scoring the majority of his points on P&R action, offensive rebounds, FT's, broken plays and the occasional post-up no matter what team he joins. That's what this idiot doesn't seem to understand. The league is moving further and further away from those iso post-ups and he's certainly nowhere near good enough to change it back.

He's DELUSIONAL. 100% delusional.

:roll:

Droid101
06-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Perfect year to tank for Wiggins. Seriously.

Kobe sits out with his injury. Nash sits out a ton and just bench Pau.

They did the same thing with David Robinson and they got Tim Duncan. The rest is history.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:10 AM

This will be the last year of his 4 year deal. If Dallas does get Dwight, I wonder who they would target as the #3 guy....

PJR
Rumor has it Dirk is willing to take the minimum if needed.

Boy, stop.

STATUTORY

They did the same thing with David Robinson and they got Tim Duncan. The rest is history.

that would be a visionary move. Not sure if Jimbo can muster the will for it

DropStep
06-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Dwight has killed his career.

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Here's the funny thing. The Rockets and Lakers "systems" is compromised of 95% of what the rest of the league does.

Lots of P&R. Spread the floor. Isolation plays. It works better for the Rockets because they have better shooters and athletes but yeah.

There is virtually no difference. :roll:

Dwight got 13 FGA per game last year. That's about the same as what he got in ORL as a #1 option. He got more post touches than any player in the league. If he just hit 60% of his free throws, he would have been scoring around 20 PPG.

It doesn't matter where he goes. Dallas. LA. Houston. Atlanta. None of these will be dumb enough post him every time down like he's freaking Shaq no matter how much he whines. He won't see anything close to a noticeable shift in either FGA or usage. He's going to be scoring the majority of his points on P&R action, offensive rebounds, FT's, broken plays and the occasional post-up no matter what team he joins. That's what this idiot doesn't seem to understand. The league is moving further and further away from those iso post-ups and he's certainly nowhere near good enough to change it back.

He's DELUSIONAL. 100% delusional.

:roll:

If you think Dantoni/Rockets are going to play the same style as the Mavs...you are ****ing delusional.

And why does a team have to post him every time? Of course that isn't going to happen. But, if healthy, Howard should be more featured than he was in LA.

And a stretch 4 like Dirk is perfect offensively. And defensively the size of Dirk and Howard would be great as well...especially on the defensive glass. Howard literally does everything defensively that allows Dirk to rest a bit more on defense and won't be asked to do things he's not good at.

It's not just the offense. Dantoni just doesn't give a shit about defense...and I'm sure that rubs Howard the wrong way. I already said the Rockets would be a better fit, but I can totally see why Howard would rather play for Carlisle and in a more playoff oriented style than the Rockets.

God I hope this happens. I could be totally wrong of course, but I would bet a good amount that Howard absolutely tears shit up in Dallas this year if he comes.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Dwight has killed his career.

LOL

People said the same thing about Kobe in 03, LeBron in 2010, etc. If he wins wherever he goes, there will barely be a peep about this shit.

Goldrush25
06-27-2013, 11:17 AM

Yeah. Ask the Bobcats how tanking for the #1 pick has worked out.

STATUTORY
06-27-2013, 11:18 AM
LOL

People said the same thing about Kobe in 03, LeBron in 2010, etc. If he wins wherever he goes, there will barely be a peep about this shit.

comon man, kobe was what like 23/24 in 2003 with a developing game. Lebron was like 24/25 with an improving game and no history of injuries

Dwight is 27/28 with a game that plateued and a body that is damaged.

I very much dwight will have a career resurgence wherever he goes.

Pointguard
06-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Does Dallas have enough daily newspapers for him? I noticed that everybody has been putting him in the West Coast when he seems like he an East coast type of player.

The less likely candidates that Dwight could just do the leave LA without compensation:
Cleveland would be great for him. Portland too.

Nets seemingly got him into this situation... .

Atlanta

San Antonio

Guys that would try to be creative with sign and trade - LA at a big disadvantage tho:

Chicago - Noah

Outside chance
Miami - Bosh

Clippers - with Doc there with DJ or BG leaving, but it would be criminal to stay in LA

SilkkTheShocker
comon man, kobe was what like 23/24 in 2003 with a developing game. Lebron was like 24/25 with an improving game and no history of injuries

Dwight is 27/28 with a game that plateued and a body that is damaged.

I very much dwight will have a career resurgence wherever he goes.

all im saying the "Dwight's career is over" speculation is premature imo. If he wins another DPOY award this year, Orlando and LA go back to looking like the bad guys. But I agree with your points. Dwight's game is not going to age well at all. I've seen YMCA league players with better post games. Thank the Lord for that athleticism.

PickernRoller
So I just went ahead and read the article and all it said was "RUMORS", "RUMORS", "SAUCES", "SAUCES"......

The sheeps here turning this into 7+ pages as usual. Nothing to see here folks.

Wait till after July 1st before spouting filth.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Does Dallas have enough daily newspapers for him? I noticed that everybody has been putting him in the West Coast when he seems like he an East coast type of player.

The less likely candidates that Dwight could just do the leave LA without compensation:
Cleveland would be great for him. Portland too.

Nets seemingly got him into this situation... .

Atlanta

San Antonio

Guys that would try to be creative with sign and trade - LA at a big disadvantage tho:

Chicago - Noah

Outside chance
Miami - Bosh

Clippers - with Doc there with DJ or BG leaving, but it would be criminal to stay in LA

Chicago will never trade anyone in there core. Their franchise overvalues all their players. Remember when they were in every trade rumor in 2006? There names were involved in Kobe, KG, Gasol, etc talks. Than there core flamed out and they ended up trading for Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden instead :roll:

pegasus
06-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Howard, when healthy, is the best center in the league. He was a beast in Orlando and was playing much better in the second half of last season as his health improved. No matter what the idiots say, Kobe and he actually had a nice chemistry going, but now with Kobe out and D'Antoni still in charge, I can see why Howard wouldn't want to stay.

Dallas is the best place for him. Dirk and Howard would be deadly, but I don't like the idea that they would have to wait one year to get the other pieces to contend for a chip.

Cuban has to go all out and sign several good players on one-year deals like he did last year, even if that means overpaying them and going over the cap this time. Then next summer with Dirk taking a pay cut, he can sign another star and good role players on longer contracts while avoiding the luxury tax.

STATUTORY
06-27-2013, 11:32 AM
all im saying the "Dwight's career is over" speculation is premature imo. If he wins another DPOY award this year, Orlando and LA go back to looking like the bad guys. But I agree with your points. Dwight's game is not going to age well at all. I've seen YMCA league players with better post games. Thank the Lord for that athleticism.

we should thank dwight. look at the rate he's fathering kids, there's gonna be a whole new generation of nba players in bout 20 years with his athleticism.

SavageMode
06-27-2013, 11:32 AM
I don't blame Dwight. He is being under-utilized in LA playing with a Ball chucking hog like Kobe.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:35 AM
we should thank dwight. look at the rate he's fathering kids, there's gonna be a whole new generation of nba players in bout 20 years with his athleticism.

A new wave of super athletic porn stars :applause:

SpecialQue
06-27-2013, 11:36 AM
There

Will

Be

No

S&T.

inb4s&t

Blue&Orange
06-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Magic fans have to be the last ones to be mad at him, he didn't opt out like he wanted, and he accepted being traded to where he didn't want to be, so that he could help the franchise when he had no obligation.

This after a private discussion he had with management became public.

At least it's how i see it, i really don't believe Howard resigns with the Lakers.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't blame Dwight. He is being under-utilized in LA playing with a Ball chucking hog like Kobe.
His FGA/Usage in LA was almost exactly the same as it was in Orlando as a #1 option. He got more post touches than anybody in the league.

In 9 games without Kobe this season he averaged...12 shots per game.

He's not going to get more than 12-13 shots a game no matter where he goes.

STFU you idiot.

Pointguard
06-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Chicago will never trade anyone in there core. Their franchise overvalues all their players. Remember when they were in every trade rumor in 2006? There names were involved in Kobe, KG, Gasol, etc talks. Than there core flamed out and they ended up trading for Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden instead :roll:
They are kinda stiff but you wonder if they learned. They didn't see the big talent era coming for sure. Chicago was traumatized by all the bad draft picks they had the previous six or seven years at that time. But now, they are on a roll. Picking very well in the draft. The Nets were worse than the Bulls, but definitely made more big moves than anybody in the league recently. The Bulls also have definitely changed face from the six years ago, you speak of.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:38 AM

Im not a Kobe fan, but I really wouldn't blame him. This Lakers squad is full of terrible defenders. He was the only reason they were bad on defense instead of absolutely atrocious. Not to mention that MDA is a terrible fit for Dwight. This Lakers team is a mess.

Jameerthefear
06-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Magic fans have to be the last ones to be mad at him, he didn't opt out like he wanted, and he accepted being traded to where he didn't want to be, so that he could help the franchise when he had no obligation.

At least it's how i see it, i really don't believe Howard resigns with the Lakers.
well he did put us in a good situation in the end tbh. The young players have been great, and if we get a little lucky it won't take too long to rebuild..

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
They are kinda stiff but you wonder if they learned. They didn't see the big talent era coming for sure. Chicago was traumatized by all the bad draft picks they had the previous six or seven years at that time. But now, they are on a roll. Picking very well in the draft. The Nets were worse than the Bulls, but definitely made more big moves than anybody in the league recently. The Bulls also have definitely changed face from the six years ago, you speak of.

Will see, but I would not be shocked if something like that happens again. That franchise has an arrogance by the way they do things.

SavageMode
06-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Wonder how empty Staples Center Laker games will be with the Lakers roster being mediocre like 3/4 of the league. Laker fans have been spoiled with greats like Shaq and Foreign stars like Gasol to carry them.

Lakers have crumbled. It's time to accept and deal with a mediocre roster much like the Raptors/Bobcats/Pelicans/Wizards of the NBA.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:42 AM

first and last time I will ever agree with this guy. Dwight did them an amazing favor do what he did. He could have left that 3rd rate, po dunk franchise, high and dry. But he didn't. He opted in and went to LA. And the Lakers farm team got a nice rebuilding package in return. Guys like Harris and Harkless should be well developed by the time they force a trade to LA.

Mr Exlax
06-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Chris Broussard works for ESPN. He says multiple sources. ESPN picks up the story and also says mulitple sources, so it must be true. The shit that kills me about stories like these is that they're mindless fodder. What's any different than somebody else saying they have multiple sources that Dwight is likely to stay in LA? This has created an 8 page thread about what? A guess that somebody made? Folks let's at least wait till some actual facts are put into these stories.

SCREWstonRockets
06-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Would you stay after this debacle?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2i0b59x.jpg

Goldrush25
Chris Broussard works for ESPN. He says multiple sources. ESPN picks up the story and also says mulitple sources, so it must be true. The shit that kills me about stories like these is that they're mindless fodder. What's any different than somebody else saying they have multiple sources that Dwight is likely to stay in LA? This has created an 8 page thread about what? A guess that somebody made? Folks let's at least wait till some actual facts are put into these stories.

By the time facts come out, it will all be over and done with. What fun is that?

Jameerthefear
I'll say this as a Magic fan who watched Dwight all the years he's been here: Kobe had very little to do with his decline this year. His finishing ability was diminished a lot with the injury, and he couldn't bully people on the block like he did before the injury. Dwight actually has an array of post moves (look up actual game highlights.), but this whole year he looked uncomfortable and awkward moving around and trying to do them (hence why he turned the ball over a lot, but he's always had the turnover problem just not this bad). His go-to move (running hook) wasn't really falling, and he just didn't have much confidence at all in his game. If he gets healthy, I have no doubt he'll be back to where he was in Orlando.

Jameerthefear
06-27-2013, 11:46 AM
first and last time I will ever agree with this guy. Dwight did them an amazing favor do what he did. He could have left that 3rd rate, po dunk franchise, high and dry. But he didn't. He opted in and went to LA. And the Lakers farm team got a nice rebuilding package in return. Guys like Harris and Harkless should be well developed by the time they force a trade to LA.
fvck off. it's a mystery why Jeff always unbans your sorry ass.

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 11:49 AM
fvck off. it's a mystery why Jeff always unbans your sorry ass.

All im saying is there has to be reason why every star in Orlando's history has left on bad terms.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Silkk's perma ban hammer is way overdue. Do it, Jeff!

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Howard, when healthy, is the best center in the league. He was a beast in Orlando and was playing much better in the second half of last season as his health improved. No matter what the idiots say, Kobe and he actually had a nice chemistry going, but now with Kobe out and D'Antoni still in charge, I can see why Howard wouldn't want to stay.

Dallas is the best place for him. Dirk and Howard would be deadly, but I don't like the idea that they would have to wait one year to get the other pieces to contend for a chip.

Cuban has to go all out and sign several good players on one-year deals like he did last year, even if that means overpaying them and going over the cap this time. Then next summer with Dirk taking a pay cut, he can sign another star and good role players on longer contracts while avoiding the luxury tax.

That is exactly what will happen. Cuban isn't going to throw away this year if we get Howard...it's just a selling point that next summer the Mavs will likely be the best destination for free agents.

tomtucker
06-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Don't worry. The story will change 20 times before July 8th. Today he won't sign. Tomorrow Lakers will be in lead. Next day, Howard will be "intrigued" by Atlanta....yada yada.........

http://s3.ezlocal.com/img/p/2012/1/94920/25-state_farm_insurance_logo.jpg

fukk off with that state farm logo

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Broussard's sources are GMs and random personnel around the league.
Thus, like other reports, many NBA folks think there is a high likelihood of Dwight signing elsewhere. That may or may not result in a sign-and-trade (despite what Laker brass says, I would expect them to execute an S&T rather than lose Dwight for nothing).

Long way to go on this one. I don't expect real clarity until late July.

Jacks3
06-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Orlando Sentinel Magic beat writer Brian Schmitz:

Quote:
One of Dwight Howard's complaints in Orlando was no (or few) billboards of him around town. It mattered.

Dude is a ****ing clown! :roll:

crisoner
06-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Anyone saying playing with Kobe had something to do with his decline last year clearly has some stupid agenda as always and did not watch ANY Lakers game. Howard was feed the ball and just did not have the foot work or lift this season to make strong post moves. He got better gradually as the season went along, but it Dwight clearly looked like either:

A. He was playing himself back in to shape
B. He has lost some of his athleticism because of the injury...and this is the Dwight Howard we have to get use to now.

If it is A. then I hope the Lakers can keep him...or whatever team he goes to will be damn lucky to have him next year if the old Dwight returns.
If it is B. any team who gets him will be clearly paying a whole lot of $$$ for a bigman who will still be serviceable but a shell of his former self.

Where Dwight goes who knows....these Broussard ESPN sources have shown to be WRONG each and every time when it came to Howard in the past. No clue what happens....but there will be plenty of people chiming in the next few weeks. The circus has begun.

KyleKong
06-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Orlando Sentinel Magic beat writer Brian Schmitz:

Dude is a ****ing clown! :roll:

As much as I lov(ed) Orlando and Dwight Howard broke my heart when leaving, he is not entirely to blame. The way to whole Magic organization handled their superstar wanting to leave or sign was so insanely idiotic and horribly handled.

dazzer87
06-27-2013, 01:18 PM
No Sh!t everyone knew this when he sign with the lakers. Dude never looked happy playing for the Lakers. Another BIG rapist drove out of town........:facepalm

Heavincent
06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Howard needs to accept the fact that he won't be the #1 option on any team he goes to. Harden is a far superior offensive player, and so is Dirk. He acts like he got screwed in LA or something. Kobe is a million times the offensive player that Dwight is, so of course he's not gonna be the feature player. Hell, Pau Gasol is a better offensive player than Howard. If anyone got screwed, it was Pau. He was forced to stand outside the paint while Howard attempted his sorry ass post moves :oldlol:

fpliii
06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Mitch and Jim... :facepalm

If you have to choose between a coach and superstar, dump D'Antoni. Shit...

Da_Bulls_23
06-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Just saw on Mike and Mike. Chris "bigot" Broussard is sending in the story.
No tweets as of this minute. He said when asked by Golic the main reason for Howard not wanting to resign... D'antoni's system.

This seems like a no brainer. S&T for Blake.

I don't care how talented this guy is. Never seen such a selfish, indecisive, egotistical player in my life.

He has no credibility and any team should be wary of him. You can't build a team around someone who has no heart, shows no responsibility, and no professionalism.

He needs to grow up plain and simple. Lakers fans should be happy if he doesn't come back. He will just continue to bring negativity to the team. Sucks they gave up resources to get him but at this point just move on and see what's the next best course of action.

SCREWstonRockets
06-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Mitch and Jim... :facepalm

If you have to choose between a coach and superstar, dump D'Antoni. Shit...
Kobe likes Mike D.

fpliii
06-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Kobe likes Mike D.

Your point? I like Kobe as much as the next guy, but you have to cater to Dwight at this point. I think Kobe would rather contend for his last few seasons anyway, than spend them mired in mediocrity.

1~Gibson~1
06-27-2013, 01:52 PM
He'll probably end up in Houston unless he agrees to a sign-and-trade somewhere else.

R.I.P.
06-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Howard needs to accept the fact that he won't be the #1 option on any team he goes to. Harden is a far superior offensive player, and so is Dirk. He acts like he got screwed in LA or something. Kobe is a million times the offensive player that Dwight is, so of course he's not gonna be the feature player. Hell, Pau Gasol is a better offensive player than Howard. If anyone got screwed, it was Pau. He was forced to stand outside the paint while Howard attempted his sorry ass post moves :oldlol:

Perception is reality. Dirk is the most laid-back of Kobe and Harden. Dwight would be the #1 Maverick in the national media. Plus Dallas already has two of his best friends in Carter/Morrow there and the option to sign another buddy of his Monta Ellis as the long-term sidekick (if they can move Marion).

People always look at the Mavs roster and say they are old, but next year they could start with Ellis/Dirk/Howard and then they have some great financial flexibility to sign another max player next summer or some 2nd tier stars.

SCREWstonRockets
06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Your point? I like Kobe as much as the next guy, but you have to cater to Dwight at this point. I think Kobe would rather contend for his last few seasons anyway, than spend them mired in mediocrity.
I think Kobe has more pull in the organization than Dwight. If they are listening to anyone, it's Mamba.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-27-2013, 02:07 PM
For some reason, I don't think Kobe is sweating this whole Dwight Howard thing. I have nothing to back that up.
Indeed, Kobe is on record as actively recruiting Dwight.

R.I.P.
06-27-2013, 02:10 PM
For some reason, I don't think Kobe is sweating this whole Dwight Howard thing. I have nothing to back that up.
Indeed, Kobe is on record as actively recruiting Dwight.

I bet Kobe hates Dwight, but Kobe wants Dwight to stay, so the Lakers don

SCdac
06-27-2013, 02:12 PM

Totally agree with this.

Having said that, playing alongside somebody who's chasing scoring records (Kobe) is probably not the best for him at this time.

Bynum basically warned Howard that it would take a big adjustment to playing with Kobe. Don't think the adjustment to playing with Dirk would be as difficult. Harden I think is more Kobe-esque, but doubt he would have that "father" mentality that seemed to rub Dwight the wrong way.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I bet Kobe hates Dwight, but Kobe wants Dwight to stay, so the Lakers don

r15mohd
06-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Funny, but no.
Kobe and Dwight are both on record as being very friendly toward each other. Their relationship grew tremendously over the year. Kobe is actively recruiting Dwight. Of course, so are a bunch of others....esp the Houston guys.

ohh really...:lol :lol :lol

http://lauradimon.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/screen-shot-2013-02-16-at-7-06-20-pm.png

VIntageNOvel
06-27-2013, 02:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNxj6kUCYAAjvuy.jpg:large

Bigsmoke
06-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Dwight also stated that he wouldn't want to play for the Bulls because the city of Chicago itself is too cold for him :confusedshrug:

Suguru101
06-27-2013, 02:26 PM

:oldlol:

TheReturn
06-27-2013, 02:27 PM
:roll: :applause:

DuMa
06-27-2013, 03:01 PM
wow the amount of laker fans desperately hoping for a sign and trade look sad :lol

The-Legend-24
06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
:applause:

Is there any way we could get something in return or is that out of the question?

Doctor Rivers
06-27-2013, 03:14 PM
wow the amount of laker fans desperately hoping for a sign and trade look sad :lol

u posting is sad

talkingconch
06-27-2013, 03:17 PM
All Blame falls on Jim Buss

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2013, 03:19 PM

hahaha idiot.

5 rings, 3 were Shaq's gifts.

YAWN
06-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Which good team can sign him straight up?

Would be nice to send this ****er back east if a S+T can work out. I doubt he'd want to be in the same conference with Lebron though.

talkingconch
06-27-2013, 03:21 PM
He will ruin his entire legacy and image IF he leaves AND its another disaster. Book it

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
He will ruin his entire legacy and image IF he leaves AND its another disaster. Book it

LOL yea. What is he thinking leaving a team team paying a bunch of corpses max money. Who would want to leave that situation :oldlol:

boozehound
06-27-2013, 03:29 PM
right. Or he redeems himself if he leaves and has success like going back to the finals.

talkingconch
06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
right. Or he redeems himself if he leaves and has success like going back to the finals.

LOL yea. What is he thinking leaving a team team paying a bunch of corpses max money. Who would want to leave that situation :oldlol:

2 quotes that make no sense. Sweet.

FireDavidKahn
06-27-2013, 03:35 PM
The Dwightmare begins!:lol

SilkkTheShocker
06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
2 quotes that make no sense. Sweet.

Do you honestly feel the Lakers will be that good next season? 3 of their 4 best players are old and in decline. And their best player is coming off a pretty big injury. What incentive aside from extra cash is there for Dwight to stick around? Especially that no matter what Kobe will get the credit and he will get the blame? Not an ideal situation. Houston makes the most sense. And Dallas makes sense considering players love playing for Cuban.

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 03:43 PM

The more I think about it, the more I want the following to happen:

- Let Howard walk
- Keep Pau
- Rest Kobe for most of the season
- Give Blake majority of the minutes, and limit Nash's minutes
- Completely tank, win like 10 games

I don't think declining Pau & aging Nash will amount to more then 20 wins next season with our limited role players. That team minus Kobe & Howard would struggle. Or perhaps trade Pau for some expiring contracts + picks.

Then pray you get the #1 pick and draft Wiggins. Re-Sign rejuvenated Kobe to a new contract (around 5 million), and Pau (10 million) and sign LeBron.
In 2015, sign Westbrook...

Kobe would probably sign for less if he has a chance to win championships.

Nash (9), Wiggins (3), Kobe (5), James (20), Gasol (10) = 47 million
Westbrook (20), Wiggins (3), Kobe (5), James (20), Gasol (10) = 58 million

I'm sure they can make this work...
If they keep Howard, then they have no shot at Wiggins and will only be able to get 1 other big name in 2014. Just not sure Dwight is the future, mostly because of his weak mental state.

7_cody
06-27-2013, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

NugzFan
06-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Posts like rhythmic thesis just solidify my belief that laker fans are indeed the most ignorant fans out there.

longtime lurker
06-27-2013, 04:16 PM

Idiot. Why would he just walk and leave 30 million on the table while in a sign and trade he gets his money AND the team he wants.

Zedja
06-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Posts like rhythmic thesis just solidify my belief that laker fans are indeed the most ignorant fans out there.
Not all Laker fans are like him... don't clump all of us into that shit.

rezznor
06-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Idiot. Why would he just walk and leave 30 million on the table while in a sign and trade he gets his money AND the team he wants.
1. because the team would be gutted to trade for him
2. he doesn't care about the last year of the contract because he wants to be a FA in 3 years anyways.

All Net
06-27-2013, 04:24 PM
What a mess it is right now.

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 04:24 PM

Obviously I don't expect it to happen, more of a wishful predicament.
Pretty sure I never said it will happen...I'm just trying to envision a positive future for my team. I never said it was realistic, and its obviously a really (unrealistic) long shot

fos
06-27-2013, 04:25 PM

He's going to Dallas you whoreson.

PJR
06-27-2013, 04:28 PM

Um, you can no longer recoup the extra year in sign & trades in the new CBA, smart guy.

Scoooter
06-27-2013, 04:36 PM
D'antoni's 1-in, 4-out sets would be perfect for Dwight if he knew how to set a pick and catch a bounce pass. The Magic team that got to the Finals mostly shot threes. He seems in love with posting up, even though he's pretty bad at it.

And frankly, whether he's posting up or running the pick-and-roll, most possessions are going to end with him getting fouled and sent to the line. That's the real reason you can't really feature him offensively.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Um, you can no longer recoup the extra year in sign & trades in the new CBA, smart guy.

are you SURE about that?

longtime lurker
06-27-2013, 05:28 PM
1. because the team would be gutted to trade for him
2. he doesn't care about the last year of the contract because he wants to be a FA in 3 years anyways.

1. Assuming the reports of the Lakers valuing capspace over getting assets back for Dwight the team won't be gutted at all. Unless you consider 2 picks at the end of the first round gutting the team. :rolleyes:

2. Bullshit. He's 28 with a bad back and limited skills once his athleticism fades. This will be his last chance for a big contract.

rezznor
06-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Would you stay after this debacle?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2i0b59x.jpg
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dwight-howard-rockets-billboard.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-27-2013, 05:39 PM
who cares? if dwight walks and lakers go into rebuild mode, i'll just root for the miami heat. win/win

Levity
06-27-2013, 05:41 PM
D'antoni's 1-in, 4-out sets would be perfect for Dwight if he knew how to set a pick and catch a bounce pass. The Magic team that got to the Finals mostly shot threes. He seems in love with posting up, even though he's pretty bad at it.

And frankly, whether he's posting up or running the pick-and-roll, most possessions are going to end with him getting fouled and sent to the line. That's the real reason you can't really feature him offensively.

Spot on. Good man :cheers:

I enjoy hearing from posters with actual understanding of offenses and defenses.