PDA

View Full Version : Woj: KG and Pierce to Brooklyn?

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:01 PM
The Brooklyn Nets are pursuing a blockbuster deal with the Boston Celtics to acquire future Hall of Famers Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The talks are centering around a package that would include Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shengelia, the expiring deal of Kris Humphries and three future first-round picks, sources told Y! Sports. Yahoo

Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:01 PM
This better not include Joe Johnson :facepalm

hawkfan
06-27-2013, 01:04 PM

How else would it work finally - Johnson and Humphries have to be in the deal.

Levity

It wouldnt. Most likely Marshon Brooks, picks?, and who knows what else. Humphries expiring contract?

Haymaker
Joe Johnson might be involved since I don't think the C's would want Humphries/Wallace and I don't think Nets would give Lopez away for two aging veterans.

ConanRulesNBC
06-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Wow... if the Nets end up with...

Lopez
Garnett
Pierce
Johnson
Williams

Contenders next season. Maybe Deron Williams finally gets motivated to play well again.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 31s
Possible Nets package includes expiring deal of Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shenglia and three first-round picks, sources tell Y!

zac
06-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Possible Nets package includes expiring deal of Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shenglia and three first-round picks, sources tell Y!

Full on rebuild. Rondo pissed.

Shade8780
Not Wallace!!

rhythmic
Shitty partner for Boston; why would they want Nets trash?
Seriously, besides Brooks and Lopez, there is nothing appealing for the Celtics on that roster.

hawkfan
Joe Johnson might be involved since I don't think the C's would want Humphries/Wallace and I don't think Nets would give Lopez away for two aging veterans.

Humphries and Wallace and Brooks plus picks works financially, but would the Celtics want that? Humphries expires. Wallace has 3 years left.

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Full on rebuild. Rondo pissed.

Eww, Boston's entering mediocrity.

bleedinpurpleTwo
No Lopez?
I hope Lopez is NOT included in the deal..... on the outside chance that Dwight Howard forces a sign-and-trade to Brooklyn. I would not mind Lopez as the centerpiece of such a trade.

ConanRulesNBC
If the Celtics do this they really might as well now look for offers for Rondo and Green and completely tank next season.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
C: Melo
PF: Sully / Humphries
SF: Green / Wallace
SG: Bradley
PG: Rondo

I think this trade is unfair but as long as we get rid of PP and KG and okay.

Haymaker
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
If this goes through, it's clear Boston will tank the season. Good luck on next year's lottery.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
If the Celtics do this they really might as well now look for offers for Rondo and Green and completely tank next season.
Wiggins!

bmulls
It wouldnt. Most likely Marshon Brooks, picks?, and who knows what else. Humphries expiring contract?

Salaries have to match bud. It would have to be JJ and Humphries.

Shade8780
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
There's no indication that Garnett has yet to be consulted about waiving his no-trade clause for such a possible deal, sources tell Y!

Only thing that could stop the deal but with Brooklyn having a potential team like that, I think he would. Kidd coaching KG and Pierce seems weird for some reason :lol

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 01:11 PM

I'm not sure this lineup would even average 80 PPG...

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Haymaker
06-27-2013, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

ConanRulesNBC
06-27-2013, 01:14 PM
There's no indication that Garnett has yet to be consulted about waiving his no-trade clause for such a possible deal, sources tell Y!

Only thing that could stop the deal but with Brooklyn having a potential team like that, I think he would. Kidd coaching KG and Pierce seems weird for some reason :lol

KG should waive his no-trade clause for this deal. He plays with Pierce again and joins Deron Williams and they might even still have Lopez and Joe Johnson. That's a really good starting lineup. Top 5 in the East for sure with Heat, Bulls, Pacers and Knicks.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:14 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2001-Etopps-in-hand-Joe-Johnson-Rookie-Card-/00/s/MjUyWDE4MA==/$(KGrHqZ,!iQF!9nH1I+8BQZuIY86t!~~60_35.JPG

ZHAKIDD532
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM

KG and Melo in the same city!!! HONEY NUT CHEERIOOOOOOSS!!!

That's a stacked starting five. I assume MarShon gets flipped for Minnesota's 1 in this scenario. So the depth chart looks something like this:

Deron Williams / Tyshawn Taylor
Joe Johnson / Bojan Bogdanovic (euro stash coming over this year)
Paul Pierce / Mirza Teletovic
Kevin Garnett / Reggie Evans
Brook Lopez / Andray Blatche

And JKidd as coach.

Wow...

rhythmic
I think that's what they are aiming for.

I know, I was just saying their goal would get accomplished with that lineup. :lol

Welcome Wiggins to Boston.

ciaguy23
Melo will not be a starter, this move directly sets up the josh smith move.........rondo, Bradley, green, sullinger, and smith......probably just going to flip Wallace (used a sixth man) at a later day with the combo of anyone of bass, lee, terry.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
If we're gonna tank, might as well go full on instead of getting JSmoove. And Smith isn't a Center, he's a PF/SF.

niko
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
I have trouble seeing Garnett agree to this. boston fans what do you think? It doesn't clear much space right?

bluechox2
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
I have trouble seeing Garnett agree to this. boston fans what do you think? It doesn't clear much space right?
could see nets trading garnet/lopez to clips for dj/griffin

BlackWhiteGreen

I threw up everywhere.

I'd want to see Wallace go elsewhere, he has a HORRIBLE contract and can't shoot.

niko
KG and Melo in the same city!!! HONEY NUT CHEERIOOOOOOSS!!!

That's a stacked starting five. I assume MarShon gets flipped for Minnesota's 1 in this scenario. So the depth chart looks something like this:

Deron Williams / Tyshawn Taylor
Joe Johnson / Bojan Bogdanovic (euro stash coming over this year)
Paul Pierce / Mirza Teletovic
Kevin Garnett / Reggie Evans
Brook Lopez / Andray Blatche

And JKidd as coach.

Wow...
If the nets were thinking of this, why not get a more seasoned coach? Kidd will be a spectator and this team can't run.

ZHAKIDD532
06-27-2013, 01:30 PM
It'd be good for Brooklyn. But it just doesn't make any sense for Boston. Trades that don't make sense usually don't happen.

hawkfan
06-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Rajan Rondo to Atlanta for Jeff Teague (sign and trade).

Josh Smith and Kyle Korver re-sign. We get a big to help out, like Paul Millsap.

Rondo-Korver-Smith-Millsap-Horford

gasolina
06-27-2013, 01:31 PM
If Garnett an Pierce agree to this then I have utmost respect for that organization. Taking one big one (Wallace's contract) to get Pierce and Garnett to contenders.

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 01:32 PM
I still don't think Brooklyn would be a real contender even with this trade. :confusedshrug:

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Humphries is an expirer next year which is always good but Wallace has one of the worst contracts in the league. He's gonna be making $30 million in the next three years which is serious overpaying. No cap flexibilty with him, Rondo's and Green's contracts :facepalm

hawkfan
06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
If Garnett an Pierce agree to this then I have utmost respect for that organization. Taking one big one (Wallace's contract) to get Pierce and Garnett to contenders.

They are getting 3 first round picks as well - that's the reason why they take on Wallace's deal, which is more tradeable after this season.

niko
06-27-2013, 01:34 PM
It'd be good for Brooklyn. But it just doesn't make any sense for Boston. Trades that don't make sense usually don't happen.

I don't know if i'd go so far that it doesn't make sense, Celts just don't do as well as they could elsewhere IMO but maybe elsewhere is drying up?

My brother in law who does the insurance for the Nets told me if the Nets can't get Dwight they were looking at Pierce and Garnett like two months ago and i laughed. (The people he spoke to on the nets, NOT player personnel people said they heard that.) Next time i hear something i'll relay it because i laughed it off.

Shade8780
Brooklyn would have a very weak bench if this trade goes through.

hawkfan
Humphries is an expirer next year which is always good but Wallace has one of the worst contracts in the league. He's gonna be making $30 million in the next three years which is serious overpaying. No cap flexibilty with him, Rondo's and Green's contracts :facepalm

Rondo gets moved for young players or for draft picks.

niko
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Rajan Rondo to Atlanta for Jeff Teague (sign and trade).

Josh Smith and Kyle Korver re-sign. We get a big to help out, like Paul Millsap.

Rondo-Korver-Smith-Millsap-Horford
Teague for Rondo?! :lol

hawkfan
06-27-2013, 01:36 PM

3 first round picks - that's why.

hawkfan
06-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Teague for Rondo?! :lol

Plus draft picks.
That's why.
Boston goes into total rebuild mode and collects a bunch of picks.

ZHAKIDD532
06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Brooklyn would have a very weak bench if this trade goes through.
Not worried about that. Same could've been said when the Celtics won in 2008 after they went for broke or early on in Miami or even last year in NY. Players emerge around star players.

ZHAKIDD532
06-27-2013, 01:39 PM
3 first round picks - that's why.
If this goes through 3 picks in the 20's, as many as 2 tonight. How do those really help?

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 01:39 PM

Not really, no. Pierce is a larger expirer than Humphries, and Wallace is trash. The picks are nice but are low, and that's a problem for me. If we got a third team involved and got a couple of mid teens pick next year I guess thats probably worth it. And rid of Wallace. I cant stress enough how much I don't want him on the Celtics.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Plus draft picks.
That's why.
Orrrr Rondo could pull a D-Rose and sit out all next year :banana: :banana: I just feel Rondo should be a Celtic for life.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Plus draft picks.
That's why.

Not sure you can combine players and picks in sign and trades, but if we got 2 1sts for it? I'd be tempted.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Not really, no. Pierce is a larger expirer than Humphries, and Wallace is trash. The picks are nice but are low, and that's a problem for me. If we got a third team involved and got a couple of mid teens pick next year I guess thats probably worth it. And rid of Wallace. I cant stress enough how much I don't want him on the Celtics.
If they added MarShon to the deal then I'd take it, but right now I don't think it's enough.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 01:44 PM
If they added MarShon to the deal then I'd take it, but right now I don't think it's enough.

If we could get rid of Terry or Lee in there too, that would be a great deal for us. Trade machine isn't working so I cant check it :rant

gasolina
06-27-2013, 01:44 PM
There should be a limit as to how many first rd picks a team can trade. How far off are they selling their picks now?

Brooklyn still needs a bench and might be gunning for slowest 1,2,3 combo in the league

veilside23
06-27-2013, 01:45 PM
hopefully they can buy some picks for sale to get support if this deal pushes through but i am wondering where will the 1st round picks be coming from 2014 or 2014 and 2015?

nets can benefit from this trade for now and i dont know in the future if it will but garnett will be off the books together with pierce

so they will be left with dwill and lopez and will have tons of cap space for 2015.

nets needs to get their hands on who ever is going to sell their pick.. the bench is weak after evans .... need to get a difference maker like neal or sign a vet ...

good for the nets if they can unload the contract of wallace bad for the celtics though wallace is washed up already.

Random_Guy
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM

Would Boston be shitty enough to actually tank? I mean to tank in the east you have a lot of teams to beat. I think this lineup can get 30 wins, is that enough to tank? Not really sure tbh

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't think the Celtics are going to land a lot for Pierce and KG because their trade partners are so limited. How many teams in the NBA would those guys essentially be willing to go to? Can't be more than 5.

Anything that Nets the Celtics expiring contracts and future picks (even bad ones) is a great deal. Especially because the Celtics need to be bad the next couple years at least to rebuild the right way.

I don't know what that means for the future of Rondo, but I'd probably move him as well. He's definitely worth some quality assets and the Celtics would obviously suck even more without him.

Ainge really should just ship Rondo, Pierce, and KG out for as many picks/young talent as possible. Suck for 2 to 3 years with a ton of cap space...in just a couple years the Celtics future could look amazing.

DMAVS41
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Would Boston be shitty enough to actually tank? I mean to tank in the east you have a lot of teams to beat. I think this lineup can get 30 wins, is that enough to tank? Not really sure tbh

Celtics should definitely move Rondo if they are serious about rebuilding.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
If we could get rid of Terry or Lee in there too, that would be a great deal for us. Trade machine isn't working so I cant check it :rant
Just tried it. Works for me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oxrb9ub

Kingwillball
06-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Wow... if the Nets end up with...

Lopez
Garnett
Pierce
Johnson
Williams

Contenders next season. Maybe Deron Williams finally gets motivated to play well again.

Yeah that is a Pretty Solid Lineup..Even though PP and KG are long pas ttheir best Days they wouldn't have to carry scoring Load.. Nets starting 5 all could average Double figures..Probably all those guys average 12 to 18 PPG..Something like Dwill 18,Lopez,17,JJ 16,PP 14,KG 12

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Just tried it. Works for me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oxrb9ub

Won't load for me :rant but I trust you. Nets have the richest owner in the league, they might as well, and its not like Terry or Lee are trash

veilside23
06-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Celtics should definitely move Rondo if they are serious about rebuilding.

if they do for whom then ? which team needs rondo the most right now?

1~Gibson~1
06-27-2013, 01:56 PM
THREE first round draft picks for two overpayed forwards who are likely to retired in years to com? If im Broklyn i'd pass. I sure Pierce and KG can still put up numbers in this league but I woudnt give up that much for Pierce and KG.

niko
06-27-2013, 01:58 PM
High 20 picks are worthless. You can get as many as you want in this draft and usually it's not much different. If the Celts just want them gone then do it but if people are trying to rationalize Boston is doing it for this huge haul they are getting i don't get it.

CanYouDigIt
06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 31s

I like Humphries and the 3 First Rounders as trade bait. But, if I'm a Celtic fan (which I am partially), I want a player that can make big shots like Pierce.

http://gyazo.com/d4bf11630eb60ca0869401a510aafdcd.png

Celtics get their 1-2 (or 1-3) punch for the next couple of years, a decent big that will expire next year to come off the bench, and a young offensively talented 2 guard that can also be used for good trade bait. Add some picks with that.

Brooklyn gets a huge 4-5 combo with Garnett and Lopez and a good 1-2 combo in Williams and Pierce.

Rondo- Bradley
Johnson- Lee- Terry- Brooks- Crawford- Williams
Green
Bass- Sullinger- Randolph- White
FA- Melo

Celtics are stacked with SGs to trade for a real back up 3 or starting 5.

Williams- Watson
Pierce
Wallace- Bogans- Stackhouse
Garnett- Evans- Teletovic
Lopez- Blatche

Brooklyn can try and resign all the players that will be FAs this offseason, and if they can, that teams looks great.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
if they do for whom then ? which team needs rondo the most right now?
I like that Hawks trade for Teague and draft picks if we have to trade him.

Haymaker
06-27-2013, 02:02 PM
if they do for whom then ? which team needs rondo the most right now? Indiana. Moving Hill to 6th man would be better to improve their second unit.

Haymaker
06-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14m
Celtics, Nets couldn't potentially complete deal 'til moratorium ends July 10, source says. Teams need Pierce's 13-14 salary to make it work

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 57s
Hearing Nets 22nd pick in this year's draft is NOT in play in Celtics-Nets talk. Future picks for Boston.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Indiana. Moving Hill to 6th man would be better to improve their second unit.

They have nothing they'd be willing to trade I'd want. Except perhaps Stephenson.

Carbine
06-27-2013, 02:09 PM
High 20's picks are worthless?

Tell that to OKC, Spurs, Chicago, Nuggets, Portland, Knicks, Pistons

veilside23
06-27-2013, 02:12 PM
I like that Hawks trade for Teague and draft picks if we have to trade him.

so if thats the case celtics will be loaded with picks the next couple of years...

that could potentially land wiggins/ parker / randle / gordon/ harison/

i dont have any information yet on 2015 players but who knows ....

alwaysunny
06-27-2013, 02:17 PM
THREE first round draft picks for two overpayed forwards who are likely to retired in years to com? If im Broklyn i'd pass. I sure Pierce and KG can still put up numbers in this league but I woudnt give up that much for Pierce and KG.

For other teams that makes sense, but the Nets are already committed to win-now mode, problem is this commitment has only been in papers in which we're still far from winning in actual games. This move puts the objective to reality and makes all decisions made in the past justifiable. Nets must make this happen, be it only 1 or 2 years from KG and Pierce, none of that matters when you're thinking short term goal.

niko
06-27-2013, 02:22 PM
High 20's picks are worthless?

Tell that to OKC, Spurs, Chicago, Nuggets, Portland, Knicks, Pistons
As trade chips. You can get them simply by purchasing them. If you can walk outside and pick something up for $1 do you do that or do you do a complex deal with me to get one?

ProfessorMurder
06-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Just let Pierce expire or trade him at the deadline. KG will retire at the end of the year.

That's 27 million off the books. Don't take on shit contracts.

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2013, 02:37 PM
No Lopez?
I hope Lopez is NOT included in the deal..... on the outside chance that Dwight Howard forces a sign-and-trade to Brooklyn. I would not mind Lopez as the centerpiece of such a trade.

Of course Lopez is not included in the deal lol, the Nets only trade him for Dwight or anything equivalent.

ballup
06-27-2013, 02:38 PM
For the Celtics, the very unattractive part of the deal are the extra years on the Wallace contract. His contract would be workable to trade away if his value wasn't near a career low. The picks would most likely be the '14, '16, and '18 picks. The deal isn't appealing imo.

niko
06-27-2013, 02:39 PM
I'd do the trade if I'm the Nets in a second (I see no downside) but one thing the Nets need to fix is their constant need to get attention. They leak every single thing they are working on, it doesn't help them get deals done. Having deals out there and the media saying "this deal sucks for the other team" every time is a huge negative and i can't understand why they let it continue always like this.

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 02:42 PM
The Nets would be immediate 100% contenders if this happened.:rockon:

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 02:44 PM
I'd do the trade if I'm the Nets in a second (I see no downside) but one thing the Nets need to fix is their constant need to get attention. They leak every single thing they are working on, it doesn't help them get deals done. Having deals out there and the media saying "this deal sucks for the other team" every time is a huge negative and i can't understand why they let it continue always like this.
very surprised that you didn't say something bad about the actual trade. the media part is true though. although this trade is a huge win for the nets, they would be very old and jj and pierce would be awful. but having kg would be a huge win for the nets.

niko
06-27-2013, 02:48 PM
very surprised that you didn't say something bad about the actual trade. the media part is true though. although this trade is a huge win for the nets, they would be very old and jj and pierce would be awful. but having kg would be a huge win for the nets.

I don't think the trade brings you a title if you want a negative thing. But i also don't see how it makes you worse in any single way, and it definitely makes you better. That's the point, right? As long as the nets don't give away future picks like candy (if it's 14/16/18 i probably still do the deal but i'm a bit more nervous because everybody cycles) it's a no brainer.

Every move Billy King tried to make in Philly made it to the media. It creates sometimes situations where a GM might pull back because of a huge backlash. The Dwight situation, Orlando was getting killed for the Net rumors, it really felt like the Nets were trying to bully them, yet it kept coming out everytime the parameters changed.

If you want another "negative" nitpicky thing it would have probably made more sense to have a coach like Karl unless you think Garnett only wants Kidd. Because Pierce, Garnett, JJ and Deron together are going to do what they want, Kidd is going to watch.

HurricaneKid
06-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Why on earth would Boston do this? There are just ZERO palatable contracts on BKLN. I mean if DWill and Lopez are out all thats left is Joe Johnson on one of the worst contracts ever, Wallace on one of the worst current contracts and Hump who is making 13M as a bench player. No thanks at all for any of that.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 02:49 PM
The deal could get bigger, as in more players going between Boston and Brooklyn.

The Celtics are discussing the possibility of including either guard Jason Terry or Courtney Lee in the package, sources tell Y! Sports.

YES PLEASE!

niko
06-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Nets will trade more players and take back more long term salary, possibly Lee or Terry (is he alive?) or both.

All Net
06-27-2013, 02:50 PM
What are nets thinking?

bluechox2
06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
YES PLEASE!
nets would have a win now starting 5 and if they get terry, a great 6th man

ballup
06-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Why on earth would Boston do this? There are just ZERO palatable contracts on BKLN. I mean if DWill and Lopez are out all thats left is Joe Johnson on one of the worst contracts ever, Wallace on one of the worst current contracts and Hump who is making 13M as a bench player. No thanks at all for any of that.
Humphries' contract will expire after next season. The picks are the true assets of the trade for the Celtics. If the Nets take Lee or Terry off the Celtics' hands without the Celtics acquiring more bad components, it makes the deal more worthwhile for them.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Good for them....

niko
06-27-2013, 02:53 PM

Terry is garbage. Literally every shot in the Knicks series he took was wide open and he didn't shoot a good pct. I think he died about game 4 and his corpse was actually a better player.

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
The Celtics are discussing the possibility of including either guard Jason Terry or Courtney Lee in the package, sources tell Y! Sports.

YES PLEASE!
Will Prokhorov be willing to even afford a bottle of water after this?:lol

Face it, the Celtics need a team like the Nets because no other team will take on nearly $20 million in the current CBA. I would rather have Lee. It would be sad to see Gerald go but this Nets team would have like two years to win, even possibly one.:facepalm
I thought the Nets were going to grow with this core for the next four years....
Now they want to add two new vital pieces and change the dynamic ten fold yet again. I don't like that approach but I can't complain.

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2013, 02:54 PM
YES PLEASE!

Actually having Lee as Nets backup SG/SF is a good idea, he can easily help our second unit and make the rotation more flexible. Terry is probably too old, Nets would end up buying him out anyway.

niko
06-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Actually having Lee as Nets backup SG/SF is a good idea, he can easily help our second unit and make the rotation more flexible. Terry is probably too old, Nets would end up buying him out anyway.

No sense in buying out Terry unless you have the whole roster filled, you can't take the money off the cap, it's only cash savings.

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't think the trade brings you a title if you want a negative thing. But i also don't see how it makes you worse in any single way, and it definitely makes you better. That's the point, right? As long as the nets don't give away future picks like candy (if it's 14/16/18 i probably still do the deal but i'm a bit more nervous because everybody cycles) it's a no brainer.

Every move Billy King tried to make in Philly made it to the media. It creates sometimes situations where a GM might pull back because of a huge backlash. The Dwight situation, Orlando was getting killed for the Net rumors, it really felt like the Nets were trying to bully them, yet it kept coming out everytime the parameters changed.

If you want another "negative" nitpicky thing it would have probably made more sense to have a coach like Karl unless you think Garnett only wants Kidd. Because Pierce, Garnett, JJ and Deron together are going to do what they want, Kidd is going to watch.
why, you think even with this lineup we can't beat miami? brook and kg would decimate miami and a healthy deron would push us over the edge. that's my opinion though.

bluechox2
06-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Terry is garbage. Literally every shot in the Knicks series he took was wide open and he didn't shoot a good pct. I think he died about game 4 and his corpse was actually a better player.
regardless, that experience the nets will get for 2 years is valuable, though i dont see how they can keep watson and blatche

Heavincent
PP and JJ on the same team doesn't seem right to me. Would be iso city.

niko
Will Prokhorov be willing to even afford a bottle of water after this?:lol

Face it, the Celtics need a team like the Nets because no other team will take on nearly $20 million in the current CBA. I would rather have Lee. It would be sad to see Gerald go but this Nets team would have like two years to win, even possibly one.:facepalm
I thought the Nets were going to grow with this core for the next four years....
Now they want to add two new vital pieces and change the dynamic ten fold yet again. I don't like that approach but I can't complain.

Prokorov doesn't want to be the Nets owner 5 or 10 years from now. He'll flip em - if you hear him talk this is not long term. (Note: You'll be just fine, you might even be better off with an owner with a longer term vision, it will definitely be a deep pockets person without a doubt.) So he's going for it.

If Nets fans wonder why i'm into this, i doubt you win a title (although you CLEARLY get better and it's a no brainer) and i want the Knicks to be pressured to not sit on their ass. :cheers: Go do it.

niko
06-27-2013, 02:58 PM
why, you think even with this lineup we can't beat miami? brook and kg would decimate miami and a healthy deron would push us over the edge. that's my opinion though.

You said this year you could beat Miami if things broke right too. Assuming Miami reloads, they'd be playing a completely different speed than you. I don't see you being fully healthy come playoff time and being able to keep up with them. Considering they juts won their SECOND title i don't think that's too much of a diss.

Garnett is still good, Pierce, watching him in the playoffs, he was SLOW.

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 02:59 PM
regardless, that experience the nets will get for 2 years is valuable, though i dont see how they can keep watson and blatche
watson is going and according to numerous reports, blatche is inching closer to signing the vet min with the nets. of course if some team swoops in and offers $15 mill for 3 years, he's gone. barring another team from offering a multi-million dollar deal, blatche will likely be a net.

UConnCeltics
06-27-2013, 03:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oe3w6xy

That plus 3 picks? absolutely do it.

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 03:04 PM
You said this year you could beat Miami if things broke right too. Assuming Miami reloads, they'd be playing a completely different speed than you. I don't see you being fully healthy come playoff time and being able to keep up with them. Considering they juts won their SECOND title i don't think that's too much of a diss.

our current roster should be able to beat the heat but they have no damn heart. brook just likes basketball and enjoys life, joe doesn't care if he wins or loses (after he retires the league will never hear from him again). watson doesn't care, deron talks about caring but he's a long-cry from chris paul's attitude. we need an attitude adjustment if we ever want to win and kg should definitely help in that department.

breaking: lawrence frank is lead assistant of the nets.

alwaysunny
06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
If this actually goes through we would have the best jumpshooting lineup BY FAR

Deron
Joe
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez

Good luck double teaming these 5 you'll leave one of other 4 with a wide open shot. :bowdown:

bluechox2
06-27-2013, 03:08 PM
i dont get some of you bashing pierce just cus of the knicks series, celtics team relied solely on him to do everything which took a toll in other areas.

i bet you, paying along side williams and johnson, hes gona be putting up 16 or more ppg on 50%+ shooting

bluechox2
06-27-2013, 03:09 PM

Deron
Joe
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez

Good luck double teaming these 5 you'll leave one of other 4 with a wide open shot. :bowdown:
taht is actually amazing, if the nets can pull this off

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 03:11 PM

He was gassed the whole series. He was everything to the team offensively after Rondo went down.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Tank FTW!

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Someone hop onto Photoshop and put Wiggins in a Celtics jersey!!

ballup
06-27-2013, 03:15 PM
i dont get some of you bashing pierce just cus of the knicks series, celtics team relied solely on him to do everything which took a toll in other areas.

i bet you, paying along side williams and johnson, hes gona be putting up 16 or more ppg on 50%+ shooting
Pierce declined hard this past season compared to seasons before. How is Pierce going to average above 50+% shooting when he has never gotten to 50% FG in his career?

kidd2dwill
06-27-2013, 03:21 PM
And Lawrence Frank is coming as assistant coach. :bowdown:

rhythmic
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM

Deron
Joe
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez

3 years ago, sure.
Now?

Garnett has aged, so has Pierce.
Johnson is really inconsistent, and Williams is a shell of his former self.
Lopez had a good year...I don't think you guys even have a superstar to be honest. Deron has really fallen off hard. Plus, you'll have the worst bench in the league with a really old starting five (plus a center who sustained a major injury two years ago).

Good luck.

veilside23
06-27-2013, 03:29 PM
cj watson + lee + blatche and a possible center in this year's draft is quite a decent bench + 2013 unrestricted free agents should be and join the team who knows maybe they will buyout pierce after this and pierce will go somewhere else that would give them a capspace to sign someone else cheap .

D12"Magic"
06-27-2013, 03:31 PM
The bench will be find

Barea-Lee-Bogdanovic-Dieng-Blatche sounds good

ConanRulesNBC
06-27-2013, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

jbryan1984
06-27-2013, 03:51 PM
The Russian dude would pay some mad luxery tax if JJ is not included in the trade.

veilside23
06-27-2013, 03:57 PM
The Russian dude would pay some mad luxery tax if JJ is not included in the trade.

am sure he wont mind that .. dude is the richest owner...

Rondo
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
How?

C: Lopez
PF: KG
SF: Pierce
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Deron Williams

How is that not a contending team?

Miami, Chicago and Indiana are better in that conference.

I love Pierce but he's way past his sell by date. KG too. The team with LeBron will shit on that, sadly.

Celtic_Pride
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
am sure he wont mind that .. dude is the richest owner...

He is not. Paul Allen(Trailblazers owner) is the richest owner in American sports!

Celtic_Pride
06-27-2013, 04:05 PM
I hate this trade for the Celtics. Taking back 3 years of Gerald Wallace for $30 million is worse than 3 late 1st round draft picks.

Not to mention you are already paying Green about $10 million who plays the same exact position

Hopefully KG doesn't waive his no-trade clause

no pun intended
06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Am I the only one who sees Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson as clones based on their playstyle? Would be interesting to see them together.

All Net
06-27-2013, 04:10 PM
How?

C: Lopez
PF: KG
SF: Pierce
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Deron Williams

How is that not a contending team?

Prime yes.. Not now.

MTing
06-27-2013, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

wang4three
06-27-2013, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

MMM
06-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Pierce an KG adjusting to new roles in BKN will make their decline appear more obvious. I just don't see how it will work for the Nets considering that they are going through other changes as well. Neither side having any continuity is actually a recipe for disappointment.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
People didn't watch the Celtics last year if they think Pierce is anything close to being the Paul Pierce we all know. He's not even a starter anymore, in terms of quality of play.

KG is bordering that, tho I think he has one more year in him.

netsfan549
06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
He is not. Paul Allen(Trailblazers owner) is the richest owner in American sports!

WRONG! Nets owner is richest check forbes

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

wang4three
06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Personally, I can't see Joe Johnson and Pierce co-existing on the floor together.

Also, I don't think this many veterans with a first time coach in Jason Kidd will help. KG is only like 3 years younger than Kidd. On the plus side, it's a low-risk move as KG will be an expiring contract after this season and it's Pierce's last season anyway.. So maybe it'll work. If it doesn't, you've got plenty of assets to move around. Possibly if Pierce isn't working out, you can move him around All-Star break when half his contract is already paid for.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Celtics and Nets continue to make significant progress on parameters of a Garnett-Pierce deal, sources in talks tell Y! Sports

Damn this might actually go down...

bagelred
06-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Celtics and Nets continue to make significant progress on parameters of a Garnett-Pierce deal, sources in talks tell Y! Sports.

Now THAT'S getting to a better State.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Boston had raised the Garnett-Pierce package with a Western Conference team, but very few places, if any, would go all-in like Nets on this.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Now THAT'S getting to a better State.
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpghttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1366/17/1366174361901.jpg

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Celtics, Nets deal has reached ownership level, league source tells Y! Jason Terry joins Pierce and Garnett in package, source says.

Ohh shittt

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Ohh shittt
Wowww

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 05:16 PM
The Nets would send back Reggie Evans, sign-and-trade for Keith Bogans and one more minimum level player as part of package, source says.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Wowww

As described I think we'd be getting the picks, Evans, Keith Bogans, Humphries, Wallace and that other guy from before AND another minimum contract. Assuming we'd just buy out Bogans and the other guy and the min contract player and maybe use that stretch provision on Wallace. Or package Wallace and Evans to a contender for picks and/or cap relief

EDIT: What you just posted :lol

Derka
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
No f*cking thank you.

The idea is to create financial flexibility here, not saddle yourself with Gerald Wallace's god-awful contract. Danny better be packaging him right back out the damn door for more picks and cap space because Wallace in a Celtics jersey ain't cutting it. And three picks in the low 20s? Spare me. I'd rather just ride it out one more year with Pierce and KG.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 05:22 PM
No f*cking thank you.

The idea is to create financial flexibility here, not saddle yourself with Gerald Wallace's god-awful contract. Danny better be packaging him right back out the damn door for more pics and cap space because Wallace in a Celtics jersey ain't cutting it. And three picks in the low 20s? Spare me. I'd rather just ride it out one more year with Pierce and KG.

Could package Wallace and Evans together elsewhere. I'm sure there are teams with expirers/picks who value rebounding and defence?

Also: the last pick would be in 2018, penty of time for Deron, Pierce and Garnett to decline and leave them mediocre.

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 05:22 PM
nooooooooooooooo. not reggie evans. reggie is one of my fav players and has the best personality in the nba. if he leaves i WILL shed a tear.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 05:24 PM
nooooooooooooooo. not reggie evans. reggie is one of my fav players and has the best personality in the nba. if he leaves i WILL shed a tear.
Mwahahahaha!!! >:)

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 05:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdt5F5JuFcA

Derka
06-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Could package Wallace and Evans together elsewhere. I'm sure there are teams with expirers/picks who value rebounding and defence?

Also: the last pick would be in 2018, penty of time for Deron, Pierce and Garnett to decline and leave them mediocre.

Evans and Wallace going back out the door and buying out the last year of Hump's contract...really the only way I'm interested in this.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Who knows? Maybe the 2018 Draft will be full of stars and we'll get a top 5 pick like the Pistons in '03 after we've won a championship with Wiggins, Rondo and Cousins as our core :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :lol

Celtic_Pride
06-27-2013, 05:35 PM
WRONG! Nets owner is richest check forbes

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45gffi/paul-allen-3/

iDunk
06-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Wait Celtics fans actually want this to go down?

veilside23
06-27-2013, 05:41 PM

doc leaving is already a sign of rebuilding why not tank and suck hard for a chance to get wiggins ....

bagelred
06-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 24s

Person involved in Nets-Celts talks confirms that deal is now at ownership level, as reported by @WojYahooNBA. Stay tuned...

Hope they have a Russian translator......

Derka
06-27-2013, 05:42 PM
F*ck no.

longtime lurker
06-27-2013, 05:45 PM
KG and Paul Pierce should retire in green. It just seems wrong seeing them in any other colour.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Evans and Wallace going back out the door and buying out the last year of Hump's contract...really the only way I'm interested in this.

Got no problem watching Hump ride the bench or again sent to a team who needs a rebounder for a young player/pick around 20.

We get a 2014 pick, and a pick 5 years from now when the Nets could easily be in the lotto.

D-Rose
06-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Proposed Nets-Celtics trade has been presented to Kevin Garnett to waive his no-trade clause, sources tell ESPN

According to others, this deal would be presented to KG once agreed to in principle...does this mean that? or discrepany in reporting?

D-Rose
06-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Holy ****

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m

No deal can be officially struck before July 10, but sources say Celts/Nets working toward agreement in principle on whole trade tonight

veilside23
06-27-2013, 05:53 PM
KG and Paul Pierce should retire in green. It just seems wrong seeing them in any other colour.

this is really what i want to happen.... :( sadly business wont let it happen...

niko
I'd like the trade to go down, and then a month from now Garnett decide NY is too much bullshit and then retire. :lol yeah, hate on me. It would be funny. Then mid season he could unretire and go to the Clippers.

BlackWhiteGreen
Holy ****

No deal can be officially struck before July 10, but sources say Celts/Nets working toward agreement in principle on whole trade tonight

This is down to the changes in salaries etc, I think.

So, who wants Evans and Wallace? All we want is an expirer and a pick

It's A VC3!!!
According to others, this deal would be presented to KG once agreed to in principle...does this mean that? or discrepany in reporting?
prior to being agreed in principle since you can't make the agreement with the nets yet without kg's approval. after kg's approval, their will be a principle agreement with the nets.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Holy ****

We've known that for about 2 hours now :lol

Rondo
06-27-2013, 05:55 PM
doc leaving is already a sign of rebuilding why not tank and suck hard for a chance to get wiggins ....

I think (and hope) we'll be better than some think next year. There'll be worse teams with a greater chance at him.

niko
06-27-2013, 05:55 PM

No one wants Wallace. You'd have to give the pick to get rid of him, not get it.

longtime lurker
06-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Holy ****

Wow this could be epic.

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 05:56 PM

idk why the celtics even do this. pierce expires next year and kg has a $6 mill buyout the year after. why not rebuild with veterans like paul and kg to help mentor the young players? and where does rondo fit in this plan? he's only 26 but will he really like playing with rookies?

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 05:59 PM
I'd like the trade to go down, and then a month from now Garnett decide NY is too much bullshit and then retire. :lol yeah, hate on me. It would be funny. Then mid season he could unretire and go to the Clippers.
all we have with paul and kg is one year anyways. paul expires in 2014, and kg 2015. we would have paul one year and kg for max two years. personally, i want the nets to keep this core and get away from a 35 year old and a 37 year old that would only stay a year or two and completely change the dynamic of this team. i think it's a stupid trade. even i thought that the nets could really only make a small move here and there to plug a few holes. i didn't even know something like this was possible.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 05:59 PM
I think (and hope) we'll be better than some think next year. There'll be worse teams with a greater chance at him.
Why would you want to be better than people think? So we can get that 10th seed? That's probably the worst spot to be in in the NBA. Too bad to be in the Playoffs, too good to get a top 10 pick. Absolutely no point of getting rid of KG, Pierce, Doc and KG if we just wanna be a 9th-10th seed.

niko
06-27-2013, 06:01 PM
all we have with paul and kg is one year anyways. paul expires in 2014, and kg 2015. we would have paul one year and kg for max two years. personally, i want the nets to keep this core and get away from a 35 year old and a 37 year old that would only stay a year or two and completely change the dynamic of this team. i think it's a stupid trade. even i thought that the nets could really only make a small move here and there to plug a few holes. i didn't even know something like this was possible.
I don't see much else you could do and the alternative is trading Hump for a different player and extending that player multiple years which locks you into not contending forever. I think it's as good as you are going to do.

bdreason
06-27-2013, 06:22 PM
So it would probably be something like;

KG, Pierce, and Terry

for

Humphries, Wallace, Brooks, Teletovic, and 3 1st round picks

Celtics get two young players with upside, and 3 1st round picks to rebuild.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mlbck8z

ProfessorMurder
06-27-2013, 06:30 PM

KG, Pierce, and Terry

for

I don't hate that. Wallace will look better in Boston than he did in Jerey/Brooklyn. 3 years is a lot though.

redboy
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Y! Sources: As Nets-Celtics finalize a deal, the onus belongs to Kevin Garnett to approve blockbuster dea

bdreason
06-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Is Wallace's contract subject to amnesty?

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Wow, so if KG waives the no trade clause, the deal is done. Hopefully nothing change between now and July 10.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 06:35 PM
At first I thought this would die down after a few hours but now it's almost done :eek:

Derka
06-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I just don't want Wallace. At all.

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Another pro for the Nets is that KG's contract has a buyout and both his and peirces expirers in two years could be used in another trade. Or in two years they could just let them retire and they would shed $27 Mill from the cap. Genius move from the Nets on all fronts. However, they should get the picks to be top 3 protected in '16 and '18.

sc19
06-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Oh how the Lakers and Celtics drop off instantly.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Kevin Garnett "doesn't want to be pressured into a quick decision," source familiar with his thinking tells Y! Sports. Teams want if soon.

bagelred
06-27-2013, 06:45 PM

Kevin Garnett "doesn't want to be pressured into a quick decision," source familiar with his thinking tells Y! Sports. Teams want if soon.

:facepalm So he'd rather stay on the go nowhere Celtics? Dat niggah be crazy.

Derka
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Think it over KG. Don't ask me why, but I really hope he torpedoes this. Brooklyn isn't winning anything with he and Paul anyway.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Dat niggah be loyal.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Think it over KG. Don't ask me why, but I really hope he torpedoes this. Brooklyn isn't winning anything with he and Paul anyway.
Why don't you want to trade them? I hate taking back Crash Wallace as well but this means we're rebuilding. I don't see any other teams that are contenders and would want KG and PP. We could always just use the stretch provision on Wallace and maybe trade him later on.

veilside23
06-27-2013, 06:50 PM

thats what you call loyalty unlike some other fan :D

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Golden State made an inquiry on Kevin Garnett with Boston on Wednesday, but there was no traction there, league sources tell Y! Sports.
hmmmm

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Why don't you want to trade them? I hate taking back Crash Wallace as well but this means we're rebuilding. I don't see any other teams that are contenders and would want KG and PP. We could always just use the stretch provision on Wallace and maybe trade him later on.

Wallace could also provide a good example to your young guys by the way he plays with reckless abandon and leaves everything on the court.

nbarumorz
06-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Am I the only Celtics fan strongly opposed to this? The deal just smells terrible right now for the Celtics. W/o making the move Rondo/Bradley/Pierce/Green/Garnett w/ Sullinger is a playoff team. And any playoff team, if they get hot at the right time, can make a run for the championship.

Why break up the band for a handful of mid/late first rounders, an expiring contract, and Gerald Wallace?

nbarumorz
06-27-2013, 06:53 PM
hmmmm

I like a potential trade with the Warriors much better as they have some desirable prospects.

MaxFly
06-27-2013, 06:54 PM

KG, Pierce, and Terry

for

Sigh... that Wallace contract is a killer... 3 years at 10.1M, not expiring until 2016... I wonder if our amnesty can be used on him, or whether that only applies to players who were on the team at the time of the new CBA...

I'm most concerned about what this means for Rondo. I would really like to keep him as part of the rebuild process.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Am I the only Celtics fan strongly opposed to this? The deal just smells terrible right now for the Celtics. W/o making the move Rondo/Bradley/Pierce/Green/Garnett w/ Sullinger is a playoff team. And any playoff team, if they get hot at the right time, can make a run for the championship.

Why break up the band for a handful of mid/late first rounders, an expiring contract, and Gerald Wallace?
Living in the past much? This current Celtics core is done.

G-train
06-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Would be a good trade for Brooklyn 3 years ago.

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 06:56 PM

Because if you trade Rondo and Green and tank like no team has tanked before, then with the luck of the Irish, you might be able to get Wiggins/ Parker/ Randle/ Smart plus 17 mill coming off the books this offseason, 3 picks and young guys.

niko
06-27-2013, 06:57 PM
If they let Garnett think on it a few days he'll approve. If they corner him and say TELL US NOW OR ELSE he'll torpedo this thing - he's not a person who likes new situations much nor is he afraid of people's thoughts on what he does. So if they really are pressuring him and telling him to decide today or not at all i don't see the logic.

BTW, no you cannot amnesty players you acquire in a trade.

G-train
06-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Sigh... that Wallace contract is a killer... 3 years at 10.1M, not expiring until 2016... I wonder if our amnesty can be used on him, or whether that only applies to players who were on the team at the time of the new CBA...

I'm most concerned about what this means for Rondo. I would really like to keep him as part of the rebuild process.

Correct you wouldn't be able to amnesty him.

However, a team with Rondo, Bradley, Green and Wallace could be a really athletic defensive unit.
Needs size and shooting, which it could still get this offseason, and they would still make playoffs.

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 06:58 PM

Rondo is 27, this is as good as hes going to be. Even if you guys do the fastest rebuild ever, Rondo will be going on or on the wrong side of 30. Better off flipping him for Cousins if thats possible.

nbarumorz
06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Because if you trade Rondo and Green and tank like no team has tanked before, then with the luck of the Irish, you might be able to get Wiggins/ Parker/ Randle/ Smart plus 17 mill coming off the books this offseason, 3 picks and young guys.

That is such a high risk move, that I think Danny Ainge may actually be considering it. Think if he completely dismantled the team, to the point where the Celtics win less than ten games this next year and have virtually no legitimate talent, and then just pray for the ping pong balls. Think if the ping pong balls **** over the celtics and miss out on all those guys -- then what the hell happens?!?

The Celtics have a decent team right now. Rondo, Green, and Sullinger are great pieces and Pierce/Garnett still clearly have value if used properly.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
hmmmm

Don't know who they'd have to offer. I like Bogut but he's injury prone. I like Barnes a lot but they'll want to keep him. Thompson same as Barnes... Plus with Curry, a future pick is worth less than the win-now Nets

nbarumorz
06-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Rondo is 27, this is as good as hes going to be. Even if you guys do the fastest rebuild ever, Rondo will be going on or on the wrong side of 30. Better off flipping him for Cousins if thats possible.

Cousins is a nutcase. Don't want him - even if Sacramento can drive anyone insane.

Thechosen1
06-27-2013, 07:07 PM
this is the elephant in the room GARNETT WANTS TO PLAY FOR DOC, STERN IS A WORTHLESS SCUMBAG, AND GARNETT ISNT TRYING TO PLAY FOR THE NETS....NEITHER IS PIERCE...they both wanna be in LA playing for Doc..

congrats stern, you have sabotaged a basketball team because of your idiotic bullishit rules that make no absolute sense

hope he breaks his leg today

Derka
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
This franchise does not *have* the luck of the Irish, especially not with regards to the draft.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
This franchise does not *have* the luck of the Irish, especially not with regards to the draft.
That's because I never donated any! I will next season.

Silenttristo
06-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Has there been any official word that Brooks is included in the package going to C's?

Derka
06-27-2013, 07:34 PM
I just wish there was some way we could get Al Jefferson out of all this.

PJR
06-27-2013, 07:35 PM
180 million in total salary commitments only to get destroyed by Miami, Indiana, or Chicago. :roll: :roll:

Brooklyn = trainwreck.

CelticBaller
06-27-2013, 07:37 PM
180 million in total salary commitments only to get destroyed by Miami, Indiana, or Chicago. :roll: :roll:

Brooklyn = trainwreck.
let them be :lol

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 07:42 PM

Brooklyn = trainwreck.

Destroyed? Miami would beat them and Chicago has the ability, but neither team would destroy them. I also doubt that the Pacers wouldve beaten the Nets this year. Both teams won the same amount of games this season and the Nets swept the Pacers in the season series. Not to mention that this trade dramatically improves the Nets as they basically trade non factors in Humphries, wallace and some bench players.

Also, who gives a sh*t about money, its not yours, its the multi-billionaire Russian owner that only wants to put the best team possible on the court, no matter the cost.

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Fvck this trade. This draft is crazzzyyy

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Fvck this trade. This draft is crazzzyyy
Word. Who cares about Garnett its all about Bennett now.

veilside23
06-27-2013, 07:53 PM
i think ainge is aware that the next year's draft is loaded with talent that he'd rather suck right now and snag some fresh legs and worry after... i think celtics is smart enough to know what it takes to win ..

even if healthy kg and pierce i think they would still win with the celtics ....

rondo will still be rondo but am not that sold on sullinger ... after rondo , green is the only thing bright after rondo ...

It's A VC3!!!
06-27-2013, 08:52 PM

Brooklyn = trainwreck.
1. They would match up well with Miami
2. They swept the Pacers 3-0 last season
3. They went to 7 games against the Bulls this post-season. Granted it was without Rose but with the addition of Paul and Kevin, the Nets will not get "destroyed" by the Bulls.:facepalm

And I always find it hilarious when people laugh at the Nets for spending an obscene amount of money. Dude, the owner has a net worth of $13 billion and claims to make $21 million every week. Money is not a factor. People laugh when teams don't spend enough money. That's understandable. But laughing at a super filthy rich multi, multi-billionaire for spending $180 million in one year when he will recoup that back in 10 weeks is hilarious.

JohnnySic
06-27-2013, 10:18 PM
This would be nuts if/when it happens...

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Fvck this draft. This trade is crazzzyyy

chazzy
06-27-2013, 10:55 PM
KG agrees to trade

1~Gibson~1
06-27-2013, 10:58 PM
NASTY starting lineup:

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Brook Lopez

what does their bench look like tho?

bmulls
06-27-2013, 10:58 PM
NASTY starting lineup:

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Brook Lopez

what does their bench look like tho?

Jason Terry off the bench

ThaRegul8r
06-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Looks like they did it.

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 10:59 PM
ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE

Kevin Garnett will agree to trade to Brooklyn and Celtics are sending KG and Paul Pierce to the Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

AngelEyes
06-27-2013, 11:03 PM
1. They would match up well with Miami
2. They swept the Pacers 3-0 last season
3. They went to 7 games against the Bulls this post-season. Granted it was without Rose but with the addition of Paul and Kevin, the Nets will not get "destroyed" by the Bulls.:facepalm

And I always find it hilarious when people laugh at the Nets for spending an obscene amount of money. Dude, the owner has a net worth of $13 billion and claims to make $21 million every week. Money is not a factor. People laugh when teams don't spend enough money. That's understandable. But laughing at a super filthy rich multi, multi-billionaire for spending $180 million in one year when he will recoup that back in 10 weeks is hilarious.

In the regular season... which means absolutely nothing. Pacers are the better team.