PDA

View Full Version : I'm fukkin done with the Cavaliers!!

PleezeBelieve
06-27-2013, 07:44 PM
:wtf:

Jameerthefear
06-27-2013, 07:45 PM
:roll: :roll:

Shade8780
06-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Wow wow wow wow wowwwww!

noob cake
06-27-2013, 07:50 PM
You are going to abandon Irving?

imnew09
06-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Irving is coming to the Lakers soon. You can hop on the lakerwagon.!

CelticBaller
06-27-2013, 07:51 PM
:oldlol:

Uncle Drew
Still shocked.

PleezeBelieve
You can have any player on this fukkin roster

Free Dion Waiters!!

Jameerthefear
06-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Irving is coming to the Lakers soon. You can hop on the lakerwagon.!
no one going to that sh1t team in a long time...

PleezeBelieve
06-27-2013, 07:54 PM
What the f*ck are the Cavs doing ??????

I need answers RIGHT NOW!

DStebb716
06-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Love how people talk about how shitty this draft is and then bitch like little school bitches when the pick doesn't go the way they want. This draft is equal in talent from one to about eight.

Cowboy Thunder
06-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Make a song about it brew

KyrieTheFuture
06-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Thank god get the **** out of our fan base you clown.

PleezeBelieve
06-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Love how people talk about how shitty this draft is and then bitch like little school bitches when the pick doesn't go the way they want. This draft is equal in talent from one to about eight.
Clown shut up. Bennet was at least two inches shorter than Battier, maybe three.

Cavs already have Tristan.

Cavs passed on Noel.

Cavs are a laughing stock nationally... again

HoopsFanNumero1
06-27-2013, 08:01 PM
http://i.minus.com/iUjtC1Bf7Zpex.gif

97 bulls
06-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Clown shut up. Bennet was at least two inches shorter than Battier, maybe three.

Cavs passed on Noel.

Lol

derb2k2
06-27-2013, 08:03 PM
lmao @ NOel ahahaha

GoRapz
06-27-2013, 08:05 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

veilside23
06-27-2013, 08:05 PM
so far the only good pick is porter .... oladipo is going to see the bench alot they already have afflalo

TheFan
06-27-2013, 08:06 PM
http://i.minus.com/iUjtC1Bf7Zpex.gif

Every pick he goes undrafted he loses money... so id be like that too...

HoopsFanNumero1
06-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Stern's the GOAT troll :lol

HeyIt'sMe
06-27-2013, 08:19 PM
so far the only good pick is porter .... oladipo is going to see the bench alot they already have afflalo

Afflalo won't be on the roster long.

The JKidd Kid
06-27-2013, 08:21 PM
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/350362482247864322

"latest draft scuttlebutt I'm hearing: Cavs still looking to move top pick. If they take anyone but Alex Len, it could be part of a trade..." - Chris Broussard

CavaliersFTW
06-27-2013, 08:47 PM

Cavs passed on Noel.

Just like we were the laughing stock for Waiters and Kyrie right? Look how awful they turned out to be :rolleyes:

DukeDelonte13
06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
whelp, i've always said this kid is a ROY candidate. Not concerned about his size as much as I am his work ethic and bball iq. He has a 7'1' wingspan and a good frame.

chips93
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Just like we were the laughing stock for Waiters and Kyrie right? Look how awful they turned out to be :rolleyes:

those guys fit though

i dont see how bennett fits with TT

CavaliersFTW
06-27-2013, 09:16 PM
those guys fit though

i dont see how bennett fits with TT
I do, TT is not a scorer and never will be. Bennet is a scorer. We desperately needed a scoring forward. Forget about "small forward / power forward" nomenclature for a moment, both these guys are "forwards" and can share the floor being that their skill sets differ the way they do. Unless we trade him it appears to me that the Cavs are building an old school style line up that is concerned more about team chemistry and locker room chemistry than it is "which talented player playing X defined position is going to carry scrubs". We're just playing 2 forwards, like NBA teams did before the separation of nomenclature ever existed.

Now, I'm not saying our talent is the same, but this sort of reminds me of oldschool NY Knicks (early 70's). Kyrie/Dion like Clyde/Monroe (except that neither Kyrie nor Dion can lockdown on D like Frazier could unfortunately) and Debusschere and Lucas would be akin to Thompson and Bennett. One of them will be scoring more (in this case Bennet) and the other (TT) will be asked to focus a bit more on rebounds and defense. All playing slightly out of position, but it won't matter one bit if they click. The only thing is, we have NO satisfactory center IMO. Zeller won't cut it, and Andy won't be healthy. TT is way too small to play as a serious center in the NBA (6-7 and 3/4 w/o shoes and neither heavily built or exceptionally long enough to make up for it). We will see how Bennet performs but I can see where they can use him. We need his offense.

sixer6ad
06-27-2013, 09:53 PM
What the f*ck are the Cavs doing ??????

I need answers RIGHT NOW!

I hope you seriously do go. It would give us instant credibility.

You'll be the first one on Bennett's ---- the first time he comes down and power slams someone through the rim.

Leave us. We want you to go. We like fans who have intelligence.

sixer6ad
06-27-2013, 09:55 PM

Cavs passed on Noel.

Do you even realize how much scoring we've picked up in the first round?

Straight_Ballin
06-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Cleveland logic:

"Vince Carter once played for a Canadian team and was pretty good, so lets draft Canadian players."

That about somes up the reasoning.

Inferno
06-27-2013, 10:03 PM
:lol :lol

I was trying to check realcavsfans for their reactions but the forums are private right now :lol

Straight_Ballin
06-27-2013, 10:04 PM
I'll head over there real quick.

WWRWestbrookDo?
06-27-2013, 10:05 PM
:wtf:

why? They went with a player that has more potential than anyone in this draft. IMO the only player that could become a superstar in this draft.

dbk123
06-27-2013, 10:11 PM
why? They went with a player that has more potential than anyone in this draft. IMO the only player that could become a superstar in this draft.
You are dumb. Bennet does not have the most potential. I'd say he's not even in the top 3

CavaliersFTW
06-27-2013, 10:33 PM
We needed a scoring forward to take the offensive load off Kyrie and Dion, so we got a scoring forward, I really don't see what the problem is :confusedshrug: time will tell how well he can play/mesh with the Cavs, there's nothing to be upset about yet

PleezeBelieve
06-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Bennett is a POWER FORWARD.

He won't even start.

What are you people talking about?

chips93
06-27-2013, 10:38 PM
We needed a scoring forward to take the offensive load off Kyrie and Dion, so we got a scoring forward, I really don't see what the problem is :confusedshrug: time will tell how well he can play/mesh with the Cavs, there's nothing to be upset about yet

i thought we needed defense more than anything

what do you think about tristan though?

tristan has gotten thrown in a couple trade proposals recently, maybe the cavs FO isnt that high on tristan, and saw PF as a position of need heading into the draft.

chips93
06-27-2013, 10:39 PM
:lol :lol

I was trying to check realcavsfans for their reactions but the forums are private right now :lol

i just skimmed through it, its not as bad as i thought

chris grant has built up a lot of good will with the cavs fans

bmulls
06-27-2013, 10:40 PM

Why not take Otto Porter if you want a scoring F

Bibby4Three
06-27-2013, 10:41 PM
I really hope the Cavs are pulling some type of trade or else this pick was a JOKE.

PleezeBelieve
06-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Draft Tristan two years ago @ #4 only to take Bennett #1 24 months later.

Awful

PleezeBelieve
06-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Who would defend this move?

It's an atrocious personnel move. Can't begin to understand how idiotic this pick was. Even ifthis guy is what they hope he is in offense, he's a complete liability on defense.

SMFH ... dude will be posted up like a .43 cent stamp

CavaliersFTW
06-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Who would defend this move?

It's an atrocious personnel move. Can't begin to understand how idiotic this pick was. Even ifthis guy is what they hope he is in offense, he's a complete liability on defense.

SMFH ... dude will be posted up like a .43 cent stamp
stop pretending you know how the future will pan out :oldlol:

BlazersDozen
06-27-2013, 10:56 PM
He better have a great work ethic to lose those 20 pounds he's gained so far this offseason...maybe more if the Cavs want him to be a combo forward because he won't be quick enough at 240 to play SF at all. I agree that he's a good shooter and all that but I've been saying weeks leading up to the draft that he reminds me of Rodney Rogers to a tee. Same size, same skill set but Bennett is more athletic.

Rogers Freshman Year @ Wake Forest
16.3 PPG
7.9 RPG
1.5 APG
1.8 SPG
0.6 BPG
57% FG
29% 3PT (Got it to 36% in his Junior season)
67% FT

Anthony Bennett Freshman Year @ UNLV
16.1 PPG
8.1 RPG
1.0 APG
0.7 SPG
1.2 BPG
53% FG%
38% 3PT
70% FT

I stand pat on my Rodney Rogers comparison

I<3NBA
06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
you're done with this pick yet you weren't when the Cavs FO lost Lebron? :lol

d.bball.guy
06-28-2013, 12:42 AM
They took a scoring forward, something Thompson isn't. I'm not sure what the rotation will be but if Bennett plays the 3, he better improve his quickness to play against quick SFs. I still would've liked them to pick Porter or Noel, though.

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Draymond Green played a lot @ the 3 this season off the bench and is the same body type and half the athlete Bennett is. Although Green has that edge to him I'm not really sure when Bennett is mentally like but people are making way to much about how he can't defend the 3, if Green can do it so can Bennett (if he wants).

LBJMVP
06-28-2013, 12:53 AM
cavs havent gotten one pick wrong in the last two years and your done with the team.

i never really liked you as a cleveland fan anyway... you talk shit about everyone we pick and then once there good you claim that you called it.

:lol

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Draymond Green played a lot @ the 3 this season off the bench and is the same body type and half the athlete Bennett is. Although Green has that edge to him I'm not really sure when Bennett is mentally like but people are making way to much about how he can't defend the 3, if Green can do it so can Bennett (if he wants).
Lol @ you bringing up Green.

Man, you people are clueless.

This guy is a POWER FORWARD. Why would you want him to be on the perimeter anyway?

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 12:55 AM
Lol @ you bringing up Green.

Man, you people are clueless.

This guy is a POWER FORWARD. Why would you want him to be on the perimeter anyway?

Green was a PF as well and he did ok dropping a bit of weight and adjusting to being able to defend SF's

LBJMVP
06-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Green was a PF as well and he did ok dropping a bit of weight and adjusting to being able to defend SF's

yes, and bennet is a much much better prospect than green.

tpols
06-28-2013, 01:58 AM
He better have a great work ethic to lose those 20 pounds he's gained so far this offseason...maybe more if the Cavs want him to be a combo forward because he won't be quick enough at 240 to play SF at all. I agree that he's a good shooter and all that but I've been saying weeks leading up to the draft that he reminds me of Rodney Rogers to a tee. Same size, same skill set but Bennett is more athletic.

Rogers Freshman Year @ Wake Forest
16.3 PPG
7.9 RPG
1.5 APG
1.8 SPG
0.6 BPG
57% FG
29% 3PT (Got it to 36% in his Junior season)
67% FT

Anthony Bennett Freshman Year @ UNLV
16.1 PPG
8.1 RPG
1.0 APG
0.7 SPG
1.2 BPG
53% FG%
38% 3PT
70% FT

I stand pat on my Rodney Rogers comparison
You want your first overall pick to be about as good as Rodney rogers:roll:

Hopefully your later first round pick becomes the next bobby Simmons. You guys are going places

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 03:04 AM
So Bennett is a SF right?

I thought Cavs hoped to recruit LeBron again

no pun intended
06-28-2013, 03:04 AM
So Bennett is a SF right?

I thought Cavs hoped to recruit LeBron again
Hiring Mike Brown was the nail in the coffin.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 03:07 AM
At least your team didn't draft Cody Zeller 4th overall.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

SpurrDurr
06-28-2013, 03:12 AM
At least your team didn't draft Cody Zeller 4th overall.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

I was about to post the same thing here.

Seriously, this draft seems like one of the weakest so far.... Zeller at 4th :roll:

DCL
06-28-2013, 04:56 AM
don't be mad at the cavs.

be excited that they have a great chance to get the #1 pick for the draft again next year.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
06-28-2013, 04:58 AM
Its a good choice actually, to think that it will be Decision v2.0 with Irving in a few years, some things never change.

senelcoolidge
06-28-2013, 05:28 AM
Cavs wanted desperately to trade that first pick. They couldn't and just said "fu#k it". Mike Brown liked Bennett they drafted him. Bennett looked shocked himself. Lots of pressure on that kid. Good luck to him. Bennett is a tweener. Not sure how he will pan out.

NumberSix
06-28-2013, 05:43 AM
Calm down people. Nobody knows the future. Lottery picks are just guesses.

GOBB
06-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Dont worry when the new season arrives you will be on the Anthony Bennett bandwagon hardcore.

chips93
06-28-2013, 09:16 AM
cavs GM chris grant said today that bennett is a power forward, as in they arent gonna try turn him into a SF

Jailblazers7
06-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Cavs can now play a really interesting small ball line-up.

Joey3000
06-28-2013, 10:16 AM
lol Bennett is already out of shape and he is a rookie. lol dude is gunna be fat as hell on that bench.

Shoulda taken Noel. I know his injury is a risk, but this is a gamble. Take the one with the most potential.

Take Your Lumps
06-28-2013, 10:21 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1619757/T9suqNX.gif

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Starting for the Cavs...

Kyrie 6'3
Waiters 6'4
No one
Bennett 6'6
Tristan 6'8

Welcome the Golden State Warriors of the Eastern Conference, folks. Whooopie!!

Carbine
06-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Going to be funny if Bennett turns into an all-star and Noel a bench player.

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Going to be funny if Bennett turns into an all-star and Noel a bench player.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pointguard
06-28-2013, 11:12 AM
He's a Baby Bron that will never mature into adolescent Lebron. But some Bron is better than no Bron, heck even bronchitis is better than no Bron.

toneloc103
06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Its a good choice actually, to think that it will be Decision v2.0 with Irving in a few years, some things never change.

A few years? try 5 sir. Kyrie can certainly leave, but it wont be for a while. Pleeze, come on dude. Step off the ledge. I have no problem with this pick. Dude can and will be a 3. He can score. While he is not a great defender, tell me what 3 outside of LBJ is? He will be fine. Lets let him play 1 game before the crap starts. i was totally against the Waiters pick last year. I wanted Barnes. I have no problem admitting I was wrong. We still need a rim defender though. We also still need some post scoring. Maybe we can sign Al Jeff, for the post work, but not sure who to get for the defense.

If you look at the Cavs last year, outside of Kyrie and Waiters at times, who could they count on to score? Already Bennett is an upgrade over Gee on the offensive end. TT is a garbage man, and Andy isnt a scorer either. Noel wouldnt have been either. Len is soft. Mclemore didnt fit a need. Porter would have been fine, but he has holes in his game too. Bottom line is no matter who the pick was, someone was gonna complain.

kentatm
06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
PB is :mad: :mad: :mad:

:lol

toneloc103
06-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Starting for the Cavs...

Kyrie 6'3
Waiters 6'4
No one
Bennett 6'6
Tristan 6'8

Welcome the Golden State Warriors of the Eastern Conference, folks. Whooopie!!

You claim to be a Cavs fan, and dont even know the lineup. If he would have gone with that lineup, which he wont, Gee would start at sf. You do remember we have Varejao right? If they were the Warriors of the East, which they arent, would that be a bad thing?

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 12:35 PM
You claim to be a Cavs fan, and dont even know the lineup. If he would have gone with that lineup, which he wont, Gee would start at sf. You do remember we have Varejao right? If they were the Warriors of the East, which they arent, would that be a bad thing?
Gee = no one

And Bennett is a small forward. Why do you think otherwise?

PJR
06-28-2013, 12:43 PM
If the Cavs wanted a non defending tweener forward, they could have just traded for Derrick Williams or Michael Beasley. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Gee = no one

And Bennett is a small forward. Why do you think otherwise?
Grant said in his presser last night Bennett is a power forward, who can play small forward in spots. The franchise was obviously going for the best player available regardless of position. They felt Bennett was the best guy there. I didn't personally agree, but I can live with it. I was deathly afraid it would be either Len or a guard. I wanted Noel and I could live with Porter or Bennett.

Grant has also been very good at evaluating talent since he came here, so I'll defer to him on this one. The kid obviously has a lot of upside. He's a talented offensive player. Now, defensively? Mike Brown has his work cut out for him.

KyrieTheFuture
06-28-2013, 01:07 PM
The only thing I can think of here is that the Cavs are drafting for people who they think can score without the benefit of plays/good coaching because they know Mike Brown can't do that. He won't draw up a system that maximizes players offensive abilities, especially if they're limited. What he can do is draw up a defense to mask players who are bad at it which is what we need for pretty much everyone on our team. Hopefully we can scrape a top 15/top 10 D together somehow and I think the offense will take care of itself.

DukeDelonte13
06-28-2013, 01:10 PM
The only thing I can think of here is that the Cavs are drafting for people who they think can score without the benefit of plays/good coaching because they know Mike Brown can't do that. He won't draw up a system that maximizes players offensive abilities, especially if they're limited. What he can do is draw up a defense to mask players who are bad at it which is what we need for pretty much everyone on our team. Hopefully we can scrape a top 15/top 10 D together somehow and I think the offense will take care of itself.

The offense certainly will now that the cavs have 3 guys that can create for themselves. Those same three guys can spot up as well.

toneloc103
06-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Grant said in his presser last night Bennett is a power forward, who can play small forward in spots. The franchise was obviously going for the best player available regardless of position. They felt Bennett was the best guy there. I didn't personally agree, but I can live with it. I was deathly afraid it would be either Len or a guard. I wanted Noel and I could live with Porter or Bennett.

Grant has also been very good at evaluating talent since he came here, so I'll defer to him on this one. The kid obviously has a lot of upside. He's a talented offensive player. Now, defensively? Mike Brown has his work cut out for him.

RBA I feel you, but didnt people say the same thing about Waiters last year? He never turned up defensively, but he wasnt an embarrasment as far as i can remember. I was curious about that Grant statement. in my opinion, he is a SF, not even a tweener. Isnt LBJ 6'8"? Isnt Melo? Isnt Jeff Green? I dont understand what the problem with him being the SF is. Maybe he will be a milsap -type..

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 01:41 PM
http://www.hulkshare.com/fssbno9g6cjk

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 03:26 PM
6500+ views on my opinion.

And ya'll doubt who I am? :cheers:

"I ain't asked for this
But when you keep doing dumb sh!t
This the answer you get!!"

JtotheIzzo
10-11-2013, 06:37 AM
semi-annual reminder bump

Meticode
10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
semi-annual reminder bump
I'm not sure why you waste the energy on him.

DukeDelonte13
10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
A couple of interesting things have surfaced since draft night:

East_Stone_Ya
10-11-2013, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=DukeDelonte13]A couple of interesting things have surfaced since draft night:

PleezeBelieve
10-11-2013, 09:35 AM
This thread has nearly 8000 views off one of my comments.

Yes, a single comment. :eek:

Reminds me of my retirement thread years back that a hatin-ass MOD deleted because it was too big... bigger than the board. Nearly 21,000 views in FIVE DAYS.

I am amazing.

kurple
10-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Why didnt you retire?

HEAT111
10-11-2013, 09:52 AM
This thread has nearly 8000 views off one of my comments.

Yes, a single comment. :eek:

Reminds me of my retirement thread years back that a hatin-ass MOD deleted because it was too big... bigger than the board. Nearly 21,000 views in FIVE DAYS.

I am amazing.

Pleeze Believe in your retirement.

PleezeBelieve
10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Why would I retire when I am a walking, breathing Legend?

What I say matters. People genuinely find me captivating.

Fukk retiring. Bump more of my classic threads like this one.

DukeDelonte13
10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Why would I retire when I am a walking, breathing Legend?

What I say matters. People genuinely find me captivating.

Fukk retiring. Bump more of my classic threads like this one.

Silk and TonyMontana wish they could reach PB's level.

NumberSix
10-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Cavs > dog-shit..... But only slightly.

MP.Trey
10-11-2013, 11:26 AM
has there been a number 1 draft pick that didn't start in his rookie season?
I'm curious
2007: Greg Oden but that's not really fair.
2001: Kwame Brown only started 3 games his rookie season, 20 the next.
1977: Kent Benson. Can't find specific start stats but only played 18.7 mpg his first season and 26.0 his second.
1972: LaRue Martin played 4 full seasons never averaging more than 17 mpg.

I'm sure there is some back in the 50's and 60's but that's as far as I bothered to go researching. I'm a big Bennet fan but that's not a good track record lol.

DukeDelonte13
10-11-2013, 11:41 AM
1977: Kent Benson. Can't find specific start stats but only played 18.7 mpg his first season and 26.0 his second.

I'm sure there is some back in the 50's and 60's but that's as far as I bothered to go researching. I'm a big Bennet fan but that's not a good track record lol.

he's not going into a situation where the cavs aren't relying on him to do big things, plus Tristan Thompson.

Orl, Wash, Phx, Charlotte all would have probably had him starting.

East_Stone_Ya
10-11-2013, 01:04 PM

thanks for the research :applause:

Kblaze8855
10-11-2013, 01:59 PM

He elbowed Kareem 2 minutes into his first NBA game then Kareem punched him...breaking Bensons Jaw and Kareems hand. I suspect he started since it was literally 2 minutes into the game so he must have started as a rookie. Then Kareem broke his face.

Just a little trivia for you.

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2013, 02:21 PM
He elbowed Kareem 2 minutes into his first NBA game then Kareem punched him...breaking Bensons Jaw and Kareems hand. I suspect he started since it was literally 2 minutes into the game so he must have started as a rookie. Then Kareem broke his face.

Do you know why Kareem wasn't an all-star in 1977-78 ? Was it because of injuries early on that kept him out of the voting ?

kshutts1
10-11-2013, 02:37 PM

I knew I recognized the name Kent Benson.