PDA

View Full Version : Who are your winners/losers of the night?

WhySoInsecure?
06-27-2013, 11:39 PM
:confusedshrug:

CelticBaller
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Celtics, Ainge raped this team badly

chips93
06-27-2013, 11:42 PM
tristan thompson is the big loser of the night :(

WhySoInsecure?
06-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Celtics, Ainge raped this team badly

With Doc gone they probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Idk about taking on Wallace but they set themselves up for the future with all of the draft pick that they got.

Zodiac
06-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Hawks have grabbed this draft by the ankles and taken it's lunch money

Nogueria
Schroeder
Muscala
Neto

And they just bought Ricky Ledo

bluechox2
06-27-2013, 11:48 PM
we got tim hardaway, back from the dead!

Fudge
06-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Hawks have grabbed this draft by the ankles and taken it's lunch money

Nogueria
Schroeder
Muscala
Neto

And they just bought Ricky Ledo
Who?

Fudge
06-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Winners:
Brooklyn
New Orleans

Losers:
Boston
Charlotte (imo)

WhySoInsecure?
06-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Winners:
Brooklyn
New Orleans

Losers:
Boston
Charlotte (imo)

Idk about New Orleans, I feel like 76ers got the better end of the deal.

With Noel, MCW, 1st rounder next year and other scrubs that they picked up in this draft, 76ers might just have won the night.

Kurosawa0
06-28-2013, 12:11 AM

With Noel, MCW, 1st rounder next year and other scrubs that they picked up in this draft, 76ers might just have won the night.

I actually agree. Turned one young asset into three.

fsvr54
06-28-2013, 12:13 AM
I think the Wolves did great

Le Shaqtus
06-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Magic did good with Oladipo, I'm glad we didn't pick Noel.

SilkkTheShocker
Charlotte and Boston lost big time imo

daily
I think the Wolves did greatThere's something you don't hear everyday :lol

Le Shaqtus
06-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Charlotte and Boston lost big time imo

When does Charlotte NOT lose big time?

SilkkTheShocker
06-28-2013, 12:16 AM

True. When you are in there situation, you need to swing for the fences. Zeller doesn't have Noel's upside imo

Kurosawa0
06-28-2013, 12:18 AM

Yeah, if there was a team needing to go for upside it was Charlotte.

Jax
Heat pick #30 for Lebron =)

Fudge

You're right. I should include Philly in the winners list as well. For me, NOP was a winner because they got LUCKY Noel slipped to #6. Who were they targetting prior to the draft? Burke? Basically flipped that and got an All-Star PG. Definitely a winner to me.

But yes, you're correct, i forgot Philly also got MCW and that 2014 pick.

ProfessorMurder
Brooklyn wins even without their solid picks.

SilkkTheShocker
06-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Brooklyn wins even without their solid picks.

Agreed. They won the right to be better than the Knicks, but thats about it. Thats high payroll just to lose to Indy, Chicago, or Miami

Kurosawa0
06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
You're right. I should include Philly in the winners list as well. For me, NOP was a winner because they got LUCKY Noel slipped to #6. Who were they targetting prior to the draft? Burke? Basically flipped that and got an All-Star PG. Definitely a winner to me.

But yes, you're correct, i forgot Philly also got MCW and that 2014 pick.

Its just tough that New Orleans gave up next year's pick too. Then again, getting a young, all-star point guard for two first rounders is a deal most teams would make.

WhySoInsecure?
06-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Its just tough that New Orleans gave up next year's pick too. Then again, getting a young, all-star point guard for two first rounders is a deal most teams would make. I'd take a shot at having two young 7 footers instead.

They should have gotten rid of Eric Gordon, let Noel take his time in rehab and shot for the stars next year.

I'm not convinced that they'll make the playoffs next year. (correction, there's no way in hell they'll finish higher than tenth in the west next year)

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Philly
Atlanta
Utah

All three were BIG TIME winners tonight. Changed their organizations in one 'weak' draft.

Detroit
Phoenix

Got perfect fits for their team. Pistons have overtaken the Cavs as the new young team to look forward to. They draft in a very pragmatic, common sense approach.

Losers:

Cavs - LMAO .. they have a franchise PG who doesn't play defense. No small forward. Two undersized PFs. And a PF who plays Center and can't stay healthy. After three years in the top 5 with FOUR top 4 selections, you really have to question what this team is trying to do from a philosophical, team aspect.

Wonder Bread Kid
06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Spurs.

They finally gonna get that number! :oldlol:

d.bball.guy
06-28-2013, 12:28 AM
I think New Orleans and Philly both won. MCW was supposed to go to the Sixers even without the Trade, right? The Sixers got the better side of the deal but I still think the Pelicans did good too.

bagelred
06-28-2013, 12:28 AM
we got tim hardaway, back from the dead!

Why couldn't we get Tim Hardaway AND Glen Rice?! :rant

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Whichever team finally landed that Roberson guy is the winner

Fudge
06-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Whichever team finally landed that Roberson guy is the winner
OKC, i'm pretty sure.

WayOfWade
06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Utah won today. They finally got a serviceable point guard.

Zodiac
06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Do note that Atlanta accquired Jared Cunnignham in the trade and they are likely to S&T Josh to the Cs now that Pierce and KG are gone

supe12sta12z
06-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Its just tough that New Orleans gave up next year's pick too. Then again, getting a young, all-star point guard for two first rounders is a deal most teams would make.

The pick they gave up was not important if you analyze it. It was top 5 protected. So they won't be losing a Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, or Gordon if they're in position to land them.

A core of Holiday, Gordon, and Davis is pretty nice. And they'll have Vasquez, Anderson, and Rivers coming off the bench. I think they did a solid job of taking a couple of steps forward tonight.

hangintheair
06-28-2013, 12:39 AM
I like the Otto Porter pick by the Wiz. Kindly what they need. A first five of Wall, Beal, Porter, Nene and Okafor is pretty solid.

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 12:48 AM
As a Kings fan I was hoping for either Noel or Ben Mac we got Ben Mac so really happy.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Do note that Atlanta accquired Jared Cunnignham in the trade and they are likely to S&T Josh to the Cs now that Pierce and KG are gone

For who?

Patrick Chewing
06-28-2013, 12:53 AM
I like the Otto Porter pick by the Wiz. Kindly what they need. A first five of Wall, Beal, Porter, Nene and Okafor is pretty solid.

Been saying this for a while, with a healthy John Wall and a nice, young, supporting cast around him, the Wizards can be a 50 win team.

R.I.P.
06-28-2013, 12:59 AM
Mavs had a great draft. Worst case Larkin is a change of pace back-up PG. Best PnR PG in the draft and he gets to play it with this guy called Dirk Nowitzki. Then got Ricky Ledo in the 2nd round, who is unquestionably a lottery talent. If he wants this and gets his head right the Mavs have their SG for the next 10 years. Also Texas

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2013, 01:03 AM
tristan thompson is the big loser of the night :(No he's not. Before the draft management already stated that we weren't looking to draft a starter. Bennett will likey come off of the bench and he'll be a great 6th man or 7th man imo. I don't like him as a starter though. He need to work on his lateral quickness and shed a few lbs. to defend SFs in this league. He'll get burned on defense against starting PFs too. Backup PFs? Idk, we'll see.

nosfan773
06-28-2013, 01:03 AM
The pick they gave up was not important if you analyze it. It was top 5 protected. So they won't be losing a Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, or Gordon if they're in position to land them.

A core of Holiday, Gordon, and Davis is pretty nice. And they'll have Vasquez, Anderson, and Rivers coming off the bench. I think they did a solid job of taking a couple of steps forward tonight.

Well by getting a Jrue Holiday and not an injured Noel (who you somewhat redshirt), you ensure you're not going to be in that position anyways. I think you need to tank one more year. I think we blew our load too soon. We should have had patience for one more year.

d.bball.guy
06-28-2013, 01:16 AM
No he's not. Before the draft management already stated that we weren't looking to draft a starter. Bennett will likey come off of the bench and he'll be a great 6th man or 7th man imo. I don't like him as a starter though. He need to work on his lateral quickness and shed a few lbs. to defend SFs in this league. He'll get burned on defense against starting PFs too. Backup PFs? Idk, we'll see.
If so then Bennett is a great pick. Maybe a year off the bench while working on his quickness and losing weight then maybe come back as a starting 3 for his soph season.