PDA

View Full Version : CJ Leslie

Rowe
06-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Thoughts on out "2nd draft pick"

Heard its a 3 year deal

Was the best player available through the entire 2nd round.

franchize
06-28-2013, 09:25 AM
He went undrafted

Rowe
06-28-2013, 10:30 AM
He went undrafted
And we signed him.

percelloveknicks
06-28-2013, 11:00 AM
I dont know nothing about him, was it a steal or what?

franchize
06-28-2013, 11:40 AM
I dont know nothing about him, was it a steal or what?

I think so. He was projected to go late 1st. He was definitely better than some of the scrubs that got taken. And he was definitely better than some of the foreigners who, once again, won't even show up.

Scoooter
06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
I was shocked to see how far he fell. A couple of years ago he was one of the the high-schoolers you were always hearing about.

Patrick Chewing
06-29-2013, 02:45 AM
Dude has some serious ups on offense and on defense. If he can bulk up just a bit, he can be a force off the bench against teams like Indy, Jersey, and Miami.

franchize
06-30-2013, 08:15 PM
He's a tweener with tons of talent but no real position. Usually, that forces you into the 2nd round. Not completely undrafted though.

Blue&Orange
07-05-2013, 07:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=aq1w6nckBxY

Steal?

el gringos
09-19-2013, 12:33 PM
He's a tweener with tons of talent but no real position. Usually, that forces you into the 2nd round. Not completely undrafted though.
If he can gaurd wings he might find a role on this team. He had a lot of length as a wing and supposedly has a lot of lateral quickness in beating pg's in the testing at combine.

I don't think mwp will have the quickness needed to cover wings and might end up a backup pf in the small ball lineup.

Don't get too excited about his offensive position- the question to you is will he be able to defend wing players in the nba?

kNicKz
09-22-2013, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=aq1w6nckBxY

Steal?

certainly

Draz
09-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Looks like good talent.

kNicKz
10-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but he seemed pretty useless tonight. He's a lot smaller than I pictured him being as well.

Rameek
10-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but he seemed pretty useless tonight. He's a lot smaller than I pictured him being as well.
First preseason game think you jumping the gun a bit.

kNicKz
10-10-2013, 01:55 PM
First preseason game think you jumping the gun a bit.

Where do you honestly see him in terms of contribution?

I would rather have Artest out there than Leslie.

PG- Felton/Udrih/Pablo
SG- Shumpert/JR/Hardaway
SF- Melo/Artest
PF- Bargnani/Kmart/Leslie?
C- Chandler/Aldrich/ Possibly Stat

I just don't see him contributing with our depth

Rameek
10-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Where do you honestly see him in terms of contribution?

I would rather have Artest out there than Leslie.

PG- Felton/Udrih/Pablo
SG- Shumpert/JR/Hardaway
SF- Melo/Artest
PF- Bargnani/Kmart/Leslie?
C- Chandler/Aldrich/ Possibly Stat

I just don't see him contributing with our depth
Well the guy is SF/SG. It doesnt have to be immediate unless there's an injury. It's about devekopment for him mostly for the future.

franchize
10-11-2013, 08:20 AM
I had no problems with us giving this kid a shot. That being said, he looked like a bum. Granted it was his first pre-season game. Nothing wrong with taking a look at an undrafted free agent. But if he continues to show he can't play, we need to have the common sense to send him packing early.

Rameek
10-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I had no problems with us giving this kid a shot. That being said, he looked like a bum. Granted it was his first pre-season game. Nothing wrong with taking a look at an undrafted free agent. But if he continues to show he can't play, we need to have the common sense to send him packing early.
They dont necessarily have to send him packing. It's a 15 man roster. Didnt Leslie get a partial guaranteed contract?

Tyler is still on the roster although injured, Aldrich looks like a stiff himself. Even if all these players are on the team that leaves 1 spot. I like the idea of Powell making it personally.

el gringos
10-11-2013, 01:58 PM
I thought Aldrich looked good as a 4th/5th big.

I was a hater when Aldrich was in the draft and supposed to be a top 5 pick. If Tyler is better I'm happy because IMO Aldrich as 5th big is better than Kurt Thomas and Camby last year

franchize
10-11-2013, 04:39 PM
They dont necessarily have to send him packing. It's a 15 man roster. Didnt Leslie get a partial guaranteed contract?

Tyler is still on the roster although injured, Aldrich looks like a stiff himself. Even if all these players are on the team that leaves 1 spot. I like the idea of Powell making it personally.

I agree about Powell. I thought he looked pretty good. Plus he hits his free throws...which seems like a rarity among big men now.