PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction: Rose wins MVP and FMVP next season

Psycho
06-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Bulls gonna bring home the hardware :cheers:

tikay0
06-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Great. Another thread where the trolls come along and tell us how much Rose sucks.

Thanks Psycho. :facepalm

Wavy Crockett
06-28-2013, 04:43 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

imnew09
06-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Considering Nets just upgraded their rosters while the Bulls just sitting there...

SilkkTheShocker
He is trying to match Nash in undeserved MVPs :applause:

(e)
Definitely a bold prediction. Not unrealistic though.

The East could be fun next year. Miami, Chicago, Brooklyn, and Indiana.

Young X
06-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Bold Prediction: OP is a faqqot

Trollsmasher
06-28-2013, 04:56 PM
That is very bold

There is a bigger chance that Wiggins will play in the NBA next season.

K Xerxes
06-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't think he'll win MVP, but FMVP is definitely on the cards. Bulls are arguably the best team when healthy.

Pretty weird to think that a bit over a year ago, we were primed to fully contend with Rose coming back from those niggling injuries in the regular season (still the best record with him missing 27 games) and our roster finally being healthy. We all know what happened against Philly, but we could have been looking at an MVP and 2x FMVP at the age of 24.

Shame really, but the future is bright. We have the tools to beat the Heat and win it all for sure.

SamuraiSWISH
06-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I wish, but highly doubtful. I predict LeBron to win DPOY.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Mvp is unlikely because of all the media hate he's been getting recently for not playing. People are already discrediting his 1st mvp. fmvp is defs a possibility. Bulls should contend next year.

K Xerxes
06-28-2013, 05:03 PM
I wish, but highly doubtful. I predict LeBron to win DPOY.

Y'know, I was thinking of making a thread about that. Although I don't think LeBron's the best defender or would deserve it, it seems like the right time for the media to really push LeBron as DPOY. With him coming second last year (I didn't even think he was that good compared to his usual standards in the regular season tbh) and doing a superb job on Parker in the finals, the narrative of LeBron as the next MJ would be set to take the next step with a DPOY.

But an MVP, DPOY and FMVP next would be something LeBron did that MJ never did (and only Hakeem did in the past - the year that MJ was out, mind you). And it would give him a trifecta MVPs and FMVPs, which is also something Jordan never did.

Could see the media going for it (assuming Heat win it all next year - FAR from guaranteed).

Jailblazers7
06-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Considering Nets just upgraded their rosters while the Bulls just sitting there...

Nets are this the next 2012-2013 LA Lakers.

SamuraiSWISH
06-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Y'know, I was thinking of making a thread about that. Although I don't think LeBron's the best defender or would deserve it
He's top five at worst, a good man defender when he tries, but terrific help / team / rotation defender all the time. He's very Scottie Pippen like in that regard. He was deserving in 2011, and 2012. I don't think any defender is significantly better than him. I could see him winning one very soon. I think the media next season will try to get the MVP into someone else's hands though. You can bank on a Charles Barkley, Karl Malone type push for someone else as long as it isn't the same old, same old ... IE LeBron James.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-28-2013, 05:14 PM
He's top five at worst, a good man defender when he tries, but terrific help / team / rotation defender all the time. He's very Scottie Pippen like in that regard. He was deserving in 2011, and 2012. I don't think any defender is significantly better than him. I could see him winning one very soon. I think the media next season will try to get the MVP into someone else's hands though. You can bank on a Charles Barkley, Karl Malone type push for someone else as long as it isn't the same old, same old ... IE LeBron James.
I see kd winning mvp this year.

KG215
06-28-2013, 05:16 PM
OP, didn't you make a thread not too long ago claiming Carmelo would win MVP next year?

SamuraiSWISH
06-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I see kd winning mvp this year.
Me too, and not because he's the better player. And then I see LeBron possibly taking it personal, and then thoroughly out playing him possibly in the Finals, while defending him extremely well as he did on Christmas and Valentine's Day this season.

TheAnchorman
06-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Me too, and not because he's the better player. And then I see LeBron possibly taking it personal, and then thoroughly out playing him possibly in the Finals, while defending him extremely well as he did on Christmas and Valentine's Day this season.
1993 anyone?

K Xerxes
06-28-2013, 05:22 PM

If he could lock into man-to-man defense more often in the regular season, the DPOY is his. But there are too many times when he loses attention and lets his man blow right past him, making him look like an 'average' man defender. I cut him some slack because he already has so much mileage on his body and has a lot of offensive burden anyway.

He really does have all time great help defense imo. Dude can affect a whole side of the court by just his presence.

If he's not winning MVP, he's winning DPOY. There's a chance he wins both perhaps.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Based on everything we have seen the Bulls should win 55-64 games if even...somewhat healthy. They stay within 5 wins of the Heat with the thunder not a runaway out west hes got a shot at another MVP.

You come back to an average team and win 60 MVP talk is coming.

tikay0
06-28-2013, 05:31 PM
I don't see it. He's gonna need at least the whole first half to get his game back on point. Maybe even the whole year.

Isn't there a criteria where the MVP winner has to have at least 4-6 player of the month awards?

I don't see Rose playing at the highest level he can for a majority of the year like that.

Even if we get 60 wins, that doesn't mean he'll be putting up MVP numbers. It means his impact is tremendous. You need the impact and stats to win the award.

funnystuff
06-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Everyone forgets how trash healthy Rose was in the 2011 playoffs.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Player of the month? No.

He had one in 2011 and won.

Hell he had one in 2010.

Nash and duncan have won MVPs without winning a single player of the month. The only person who cares that award exists is pauk.

tikay0
06-28-2013, 05:38 PM
NVM then, I thought that was a criteria. Either way, I think Rose is gonna need the first half of the year to adjust, and the second half of the year to round out for the playoffs.

His first half of the year stats will hurt his overall stats. KD's primed for an MVP.

If the Bulls do win 60 games, and Rose puts up average numbers, then the narrative will be, our TEAM is a well oiled machine with Thibs running the show.

Chances of Rose getting MVP off an ACL injury year is 15-20%.

jrong
06-28-2013, 05:53 PM
That is definitely a bold prediction.

SamuraiSWISH
06-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Everyone forgets how trash healthy Rose was in the 2011 playoffs.
Rose wasn't trash in the 2011 playoffs, and he wasn't even healthy.

TheFan
06-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Kevin Durant takes the MVP.
Durant and Rose will dispute the FMVP.

buddha
06-28-2013, 07:19 PM
pretty bold, considering his muscle doesn't remember how to ball.

Solefade
06-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Y'know, I was thinking of making a thread about that. Although I don't think LeBron's the best defender or would deserve it, it seems like the right time for the media to really push LeBron as DPOY. With him coming second last year (I didn't even think he was that good compared to his usual standards in the regular season tbh) and doing a superb job on Parker in the finals, the narrative of LeBron as the next MJ would be set to take the next step with a DPOY.

But an MVP, DPOY and FMVP next would be something LeBron did that MJ never did (and only Hakeem did in the past - the year that MJ was out, mind you). And it would give him a trifecta MVPs and FMVPs, which is also something Jordan never did.

Could see the media going for it (assuming Heat win it all next year - FAR from guaranteed).

I don't understand why you guys don't think he deserves it. He influences the way certain offenses play (he has to be accounted for because of how much ground he covers) and is the most versatile defender in the league. He made a strong case this year in the ECF and Finals. Whether you think he should win or not is a different discussion but it's absurd to think he doesn't deserve to be considered for it.

I do agree that this past year, he did coast through the season on defense but he's the best defender in the NBA when he wants/needs to be.

PS D. Rose ain't winning shit this upcoming season.

poido123
06-28-2013, 08:23 PM
I don't understand why you guys don't think he deserves it. He influences the way certain offenses play (he has to be accounted for because of how much ground he covers) and is the most versatile defender in the league. He made a strong case this year in the ECF and Finals. Whether you think he should win or not is a different discussion but it's absurd to think he doesn't deserve to be considered for it.

I do agree that this past year, he did coast through the season on defense but he's the best defender in the NBA when he wants/needs to be.

PS D. Rose ain't winning shit this upcoming season.

More like, you don't want him to win shit this season :pimp:

I'm not going to say too much, but we might have a better Rose than before this year. He took his time and now we may see the rewards.

cos88
04-15-2014, 09:45 PM
I don't think he'll win MVP, but FMVP is definitely on the cards.
Shame really, but the future is bright. We have the tools to beat the Heat and win it all for sure.

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/irV8Z.gif