PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bennett is Jared Sullinger 2.0

tgan3
06-28-2013, 09:32 PM
They just look the same to me. Is the first pick justified?

Carbine
06-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Much more athletic, much more skilled shooting the basketball, much better handles.

IncarceratedBob
06-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Bennett has talent, one thing Sullinger lacks

SilkkTheShocker
06-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Sullinger is a better rebounder. And that's about where it ends

Meticode
06-28-2013, 10:59 PM
They just look the same to me. Is the first pick justified?
I totally disagree. Bennett is more athletic, is more powerful around the basket. He plays above the rim and Sullinger plays below the rim. Bennett can hit the outside shot and has a bigger wingspan.

Meticode
06-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Sullinger is a better rebounder. And that's about where it ends
And even that's debatable. In his sophomore year Sullinger played over 3 more minutes per game than Bennett and grabbed 1.2 more rebounds per game.

I know it's not all about stats, but just sayin'.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Lol theyre nothing alike

PleezeBelieve
06-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Bennett was an older freshman than Sullinger. Basically Sully was a full year younger his first year

andremiller07
06-28-2013, 11:13 PM
They are nothing like, one's a below the rim close to the bucket player the other one is athletic as and can score from anywhere.

Meticode
06-28-2013, 11:17 PM
They are nothing like, one's a below the rim close to the bucket player the other one is athletic as and can score from anywhere.
But yet...he's 2.0 of Sullinger. :oldlol:

ballup
06-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Bennett has talent, one thing Sullinger lacks
:biggums:
Sullinger is one of the best post players of his draft class.

jdm_dc_fan
06-29-2013, 05:03 AM
People outside of Boston don't realize how good Jared will be. Within a couple months he was getting double doubles. Literally improving game by game. He was bostons best rebounder. Boston fans were rooting for sullinger to take bass' starting position. Then he went under the knife. Looks like he is recovering really well an it's a permanent fix surgery too. Sullinger was a steal for Boston last year. Garnett said he was a really high iq player. Casual fans don't know this but KG doesn't call you by your name he calls you "rookie". For kg to give him praise means something. Sullinger is strong, good FT shooter, rebounder, can score back to the basket and straight up, high IQ and is going to be a double double machine. Worst case scenario in my opinion is a more offensive capable jj hickson.

SpurrDurr
06-29-2013, 05:24 AM
If Sullinger didn't have that injury on his back which is gonna limit his career, he would have been a really good player and a top 10 pick in the 2012 draft.

BoutPractice
06-29-2013, 05:25 AM
Jared Sullinger is a good player, and Anthony Bennett is nothing like him.

A lot of Bennett's appeal starts with his body - specifically his unique blend of raw power and quickness combined with a long wingspan. In contrast, Sullinger's body for his style of play is his main weakness.

senelcoolidge
06-29-2013, 05:49 AM
I was thinking Bennett was more like Elton Brand kinda.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Jared Sullinger is a good player, and Anthony Bennett is nothing like him.

A lot of Bennett's appeal starts with his body - specifically his unique blend of raw power and quickness combined with a long wingspan. In contrast, Sullinger's body for his style of play is his main weakness.

Sullinger's weight helps him, if he cut up he'd have to put on a shitload of muscle to be as effective.

absalom
06-29-2013, 09:35 AM
He is the second coming of Clarence Weatherspoon. :rockon:

bagelred
06-29-2013, 10:24 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kPREjvyuO_k/TZR958V-ZGI/AAAAAAAAA88/1a0Hyg7Vxjg/s1600/Tony_Bennett.jpg

Rubio2Gasol
06-29-2013, 10:32 AM
He looks Melo-ish in some clips but who really knows.

wang4three
07-02-2013, 11:36 AM
I didn't watch a lot of Bennett this past year, but to me he seems somewhat like Elton Brand. He may be a bit more athletic, but he seems to have Elton Brand qualities to him. Undersized, big wingspan, big body.. The thing is though, is whether or not it'll be imposing. I watched Elton Brand put up 20/10 2blks for years without it really doing anything. He never terrified his opponent and seemed like teams were ok with him getting his numbers because it never meant that they were going to lose.

Sullinger, on the other hand, is more of a smaller Zach Randolph type player. Plays below the rim, terrific soft hands, and is not exactly athletic. He does have a ZBo-like mean streak, but it doesn't come out often enough. If Sullinger didn't have all the injury issues, he could be a really nice player.

They are very different though.