PDA

View Full Version : I think the Net's may regret hiring Kidd....

9erempiree
06-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I think if the trades happened before the hiring of a coach, Jason Kidd would never been hired to coach the Nets. I don't think he can handle the personnel of the team with the additions from the trade. Kidd is only 40 years of age and to be a coach in any league, you have to be at least older than that.

It comes to a point where age will garner you respect. What if someone needs to be benched? How will the team react? He's only a few years older than KG, Pierce and Terry. What about the seniority? Should veteran Nets' players get ignored in favor of Kidd's friends and former teammates?

George Karl would have been a better fit. Jerry Sloan as well but he wouldn't want to coach a team with Deron on it.

Carbine
06-29-2013, 04:13 PM
I think if the trades happened before the hiring of a coach, Jason Kidd would never been hired to coach the Nets. I don't think he can handle the personnel of the team with the additions from the trade. Kidd is only 40 years of age and to be a coach in any league, you have to be at least older than that.

It comes to a point where age will garner you respect. What if someone needs to be benched? How will the team react? He's only a few years older than KG, Pierce and Terry. What about the seniority? Should veteran Nets' players get ignored in favor of Kidd's friends and former teammates?

George Karl would have been a better fit. Jerry Sloan as well but he wouldn't want to coach a team with Deron on it.

Spo was 40 when he coached LeBron/Wade/Bosh. He seemed to do fine.

Vogel was 39 and controlled his team.

inclinerator
06-29-2013, 04:15 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/TheEndOfItAll/My%20GIFs%202/Funny/Lexi_Belle_Gunna_Get.gif

9erempiree
06-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Spo was 40 when he coached LeBron/Wade/Bosh. He seemed to do fine.

Vogel was 39 and controlled his team.

Those guys are coaches. Kidd is still fresh in their minds as a player. Very seldom, hardly at all, does a player retire and coach the following year. There's always that grace period, to learn and to step away so you get respect when you come back.

9erempiree
06-29-2013, 04:18 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/TheEndOfItAll/My%20GIFs%202/Funny/Lexi_Belle_Gunna_Get.gif

WTF...random gif.

Good laugh.:oldlol:

kentatm
06-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Those guys are coaches. Kidd is still fresh in their minds as a player. Very seldom, hardly at all, does a player retire and coach the following year. There's always that grace period, to learn and to step away so you get respect when you come back.

:rolleyes:

Kidd has basically been a coach on the court since Rick Carlisle came to Dallas.

He is one of the most respected former players in the game.

Players respecting his authority is not going to be an issue.

9erempiree
06-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Let's be honest here, Kidd has no experience and this roster is too much for any coach and a rookie one at that.

The JKidd Kid
06-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Let's be honest here, Kidd has no experience and this roster is too much for any coach and a rookie one at that.

Too much? What does that even mean?

kentatm
06-29-2013, 04:34 PM

A rookie coach named Bill Russell got his team to the division finals. He was even still a player on that team. He then coached them to back to back titles the next two years.

JMT
06-29-2013, 06:17 PM
If anything, the trade made Kidd's transition smoother. Guys like KG, Pierce and Terry don't need any babysitting, will set great examples for younger players and know the game.

Smart players make any coach's job easier.

9erempiree
01-02-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm right as usual.

So many fails in this thread.

It's A VC3!!!
01-02-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm right as usual.

So many fails in this thread.
There have been no quotes or statements by ANY Nets representatives proving your point. The Nets management is aware that the Nets problems are 10% Jason Kidd's and 90% the old, aging, broken roster. There is no coach that can make Brook's foot better, or Deron's ankles better, or Kevin's shot go in...etc...etc... The roster has showed signed of brilliance but more often than not they have shown that they won't play a lick of defense, won't rebound the ball and when the going gets tough, they will revert to isolation basketball to break them out of a funk.

People are too nice to the Nets. Don't mask the shitty roster problems by saying it's the head coaches fault that every Net besides Joe, Dray and Garnett have been consistently injured and that the team just sucks.

9erempiree
01-02-2014, 05:54 PM
The roster has showed signed of brilliance but more often than not they have shown that they won't play a lick of defense, won't rebound the ball and when the going gets tough, they will revert to isolation basketball to break them out of a funk.

Injuries aside, these problems you mentioned above are reflection of the coach. If they actually hustled and gave effort, they would at least look respectable.

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Source?

It's A VC3!!!
01-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Injuries aside, these problems you mentioned above are reflection of the coach. If they actually hustled and gave effort, they would at least look respectable.
To be honest how can you expect old, broken players to hustle and give effort. The only other old successful team in the league is the Spurs and they have been healthy this year. Again, does Jason Kidd have a part in the Nets struggles? Of course. However, 90% of the struggles are because we haven't had a star despite paying two players $100 million, and three max contracts and we basically have five role players for starters.

Put it this way, the Nets know that there isn't a coach out there that could repair this broken mess.

Dr. Ice
01-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Source?

google image search is your friend

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 06:09 PM
google image search is your friend
I can't find a video... you have any luck?

funnystuff
01-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Jameer trying to beat his meat. :bowdown: :bowdown:

inclinerator
01-02-2014, 06:15 PM
I can't find a video... you have any luck?
veronica moser

niko
01-02-2014, 06:17 PM
I think all of us one by one should post a thread saying Kidd's hiring was a mistake.

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 06:18 PM
veronica moser
link to the video? pm me

jzek
01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
opie is nostradamus irl

Jameerthefear
01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Jameer trying to beat his meat. :bowdown: :bowdown:
:lol

Jameerthefear