PDA

View Full Version : Prime Lebron vs Prime Jordan 1 on 1. Who wins?

Dionysus
06-29-2013, 10:40 PM
In a game to 11?

If Jordan got the ball first, LeBron would win 11-9. If LeBron gets first ball, he beats Jordan 11-0.

LeBron would be just too big, strong, and fast for Jordan to handle. Especially in a 1 on 1 game where Jordan doesn't have Pippen to defend LeBron (like he does the other teams best player). Jordan would be forced to contested jumpers, while LeBron just bulls him and dunks away.

What do you think?

Johnny Jones
06-29-2013, 10:42 PM
What do you think?
log out and don't come back.

Le Shaqtus
06-29-2013, 10:57 PM
At Insidehoops, we're all winners!

:banana:

K.Koscik
06-29-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't think so. Lebron's game is not suited for one on one. He is an open court player firstly and his biggest skill in the half court set would be running an offense, which isn't a factor in one on one. Jordan on the other hand could attack the basket better than even Lebron, but also has one of the greatest post games to boot (one of the most important facets of 1o1 basketball)

BBallZen83
06-29-2013, 11:14 PM
I would say Jordan. He has more if an offensive arsenal and better footwork.

imdaman99
06-29-2013, 11:29 PM
lebron needs a pick even when someone like jj barea is guarding him, who is gonna set the pick in a 1 on 1?

diamenz
06-29-2013, 11:35 PM
what are ya, kidding me? without anyone to pass the ball to, lebron would run out of options faster than you can say 'flop'. mj would use every single fundamental in the book in order to create a opening and make a fool of leborn.

SpecialQue
06-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Kobe.

*ducks*

Dionysus
06-29-2013, 11:46 PM
lebron needs a pick even when someone like jj barea is guarding him, who is gonna set the pick in a 1 on 1?

No player can guard LeBron 1 on 1 without help in the paint.

Magic 32
06-29-2013, 11:49 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2808181/borisHOF.gif
http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/michael-jordan-lol.gif

(e)
06-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Jordan would make Lebron his son.

tikay0
06-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Round of applause for ISH. :applause:

I was starting to lose hope in your guys' common sense. You guys proved me wrong. :applause:

secund2nun
06-29-2013, 11:55 PM
6'8 265 pound Lebron would push 6'6 215 pound Jordan around with ease for easy buckets in the paint. Lebron would win. 1 on 1 is about size first.

razzredazzre
06-30-2013, 12:02 AM
stfu

tikay0
06-30-2013, 12:04 AM
6'8 265 pound Lebron would push 6'6 215 pound Jordan around with ease for easy buckets in the paint. Lebron would win. 1 on 1 is about size first.

Lebron would get the ball stolen before he could even get into post position. :oldlol:

You think Lebron's gonna back him down from the 3 pt. line? :oldlol:

CAstill
06-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Horrible opinion! Jordan would abuse Lebron 1 on 1. Lebron's mechanics aren't good enough to just bully Jordan on the court in the half court set. Lebron isn't Shaq just taking people deep then destroying them, he's going to front up and try to penetrate and most likely try to finish with a move at the rim or some type of fadeaway both which Jordan can defend. Jordan could pull up from anywhere on the court and get to any spot for any shot, Lebron can't and doesn't do that. IMO Jordan seemed a lot more dominant in the post and his better footwork makes short work of Lebron.

razzredazzre
06-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Lets be real if there was an all-time 1 on 1 NBA tournament.. Kobe and Jordan are the favorites no question.. and Lebron is probably in the 3-10 range..

secund2nun
06-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Lebron would get the ball stolen before he could even get into post position. :oldlol:

Lebron is a very good ball handler it won't get stolen like that. Jordan must have had 100 spg in your eyes.

Also Lebron is very fast and very athletic. He is not some immobile center, he can handle the ball and then post up when he is near the paint, not at the 3 point line. Unless of course MJ was so good at D that you could not get past him ever godMJ!!!

You act like Lebron is Greg Oden. MJ would get bullied. Magic would also beat MJ in one on one.

Soundwave
06-30-2013, 12:22 AM
LeBron is a terrific player, but his first step and 1-on-1 dribble moves leave a lot to be desired, I've seen him struggle to get past some mediocre/average defenders 1-on-1 without someone setting a pick for him.

I remember the Bulls series a few years ago, where he couldn't get past Asik off the dribble, lol.

Jordan (prime) has one of the most explosive first steps in NBA history.

MJ also had the more reliable jump shot and probably even the better post game.

LeBron just doesn't have a lot of moves 1-on-1 and has neglected his post game development, he likes to play at the top of the key, which negates a lot of his size advantage and he is not a better shooter than Jordan either.

MJ's got this. As much as it pains me to say it, Kobe would be beat LeBron 1-on-1 as well. Maybe even DWade (prime). 1-on-1 is very different from 5-on-5.

tikay0
06-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Lebron is a very good ball handler it won't get stolen like that. Jordan must have had 100 spg in your eyes.

Also Lebron is very fast and very athletic. He is not some immobile center, he can handle the ball and then post up when he is near the paint, not at the 3 point line. Unless of course MJ was so good at D that you could not get past him ever godMJ!!!

You act like Lebron is Greg Oden. MJ would get bullied. Magic would also beat MJ in one on one.

Compared to MJ, Lebron WOULD look like Greg Oden out on the perimeter. :oldlol:

livingby3's
06-30-2013, 12:25 AM
So have we all hit any conclusion yet, so this thread dies? :confusedshrug:

memetherapy
06-30-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm a huge fan of Lebron's game, but you sir are all types retarded. There's at least a dozen players in the NBA who would consistently beat Lebron 1 on 1. Jordan is pretty much one of the best 1 on 1 players ever... if there was really some players who could beat him, it would be guys like Durant, Melo or Kobe.

MavsSuperFan
06-30-2013, 12:31 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2808181/borisHOF.gif
http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/michael-jordan-lol.gif

I have always wondered what is MJ laughing at?

LosBulls
06-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Well i don't "like" either of them, but LeBron lacks a good post game and has an inconsistent jumper so I give this one to Jordan just due to the fact that LeBron will have a harder time scoring.

diamenz
06-30-2013, 12:52 AM
this second2nun guy...

laughing my flucking ass off. lebron is so incredibly awkward in the post and lacks the creativity, reaction to a defense and just straight up go-to moves to be any threat at all. if he ever upped his post game (immensely) it would be a close one between mj and he, but right now it just ain't happening. mj would fundamentally destroy him and make him extremely uncomfortable defensively. not to mention the trash talking lebron would succumb to.

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lebron-flop-2.gif

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Charles Barkley would murk Lebron in the post

Wavy Crockett
06-30-2013, 01:43 AM
I have always wondered what is MJ laughing at?

http://youtu.be/gTXxsiTzkfY?t=4m48s

The-Legend-24
06-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Nobody there to set a pick for Bron? MJ got this, easily, no contest.

aburre21
06-30-2013, 01:55 AM
people like to bring up LeBron using picks.Tony Parker and Chris Paul use picks religiously and they're point guards, so did D Wade. Are you going to say that they're not quick and can't get by their defender? They're some of the quickest players in the league. You use Pick and rolls to get the defense out of position and off balance, to force them to react instead of just clogging the paint, etc.

andgar923
06-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Oh this is easy

imdaman99
06-30-2013, 02:21 AM
people like to bring up LeBron using picks.Tony Parker and Chris Paul use picks religiously and they're point guards, so did D Wade. Are you going to say that they're not quick and can't get by their defender? They're some of the quickest players in the league. You use Pick and rolls to get the defense out of position and off balance, to force them to react instead of just clogging the paint, etc.
BS, lebron needs picks because he usually cannot score on boris diaw 1 on 1. he needs to force duncan or tiago splitter to cover him. in a 1 on 1 game, there is no splitter, only MJ to try to score on. unless refs get involved and start giving lebron picks.

deja vu
06-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Jordan is the ultimate 1-on-1 player. Give him an inch of space and he'll drain a jumper on your face. Stick to him like a leech and he'll blow by you with his quick first step. LeBron as great as he is, is not a great jumpshooter.

Besides, MJ was the far better defender. So I'll give MJ the win 8 times out of 10.

plowking
06-30-2013, 02:52 AM
Lebron. The bigger player usually wins one on ones, especially when skill wise they're evenly matched.

Linspired
06-30-2013, 02:58 AM
Better trash talker wins.

aburre21
06-30-2013, 03:04 AM
BS, lebron needs picks because he usually cannot score on boris diaw 1 on 1. he needs to force duncan or tiago splitter to cover him. in a 1 on 1 game, there is no splitter, only MJ to try to score on. unless refs get involved and start giving lebron picks.

sure, if you say so :lol

****in doofus!

Soundwave
06-30-2013, 03:13 AM
To be honest I don't even think LeBron is the best 1-on-1 player on his team.

That's probably Wade when he is healthy.

plowking
06-30-2013, 03:22 AM
To be honest I don't even think LeBron is the best 1-on-1 player on his team.

That's probably Wade when he is healthy.

Of course. Wade would beat Lebron 1 on 1 as well. :oldlol:

Scott Burrell lost to MJ in 1 on 1, and the score was 7-6. Scott Burrell is exactly who you think he is. A nobody. Someone you don't know because he scored 6ppg in his NBA career, and was a teammate of Jordan's for one year.

He was 6'7 and about 10lbs heavier than Jordan. The bigger guy usually wins, and that goes hand in hand with this particular outcome. Burrell who isn't close to MJ's skill level, almost wound up winning. Because hes bigger and stronger. A 6'7 - 6'9 player is perfect for one on one. Size and speed are still intact.

Same goes for people saying Kobe would dominate in a one on one tournament today. Players like Carmelo, Lebron, Thaddeus Young, Josh Smith, etc would dominate.

Soundwave
06-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Of course. Wade would beat Lebron 1 on 1 as well. :oldlol:

Scott Burrell lost to MJ in 1 on 1, and the score was 7-6. Scott Burrell is exactly who you think he is. A nobody. Someone you don't know because he scored 6ppg in his NBA career, and was a teammate of Jordan's for one year.

He was 6'7 and about 10lbs heavier than Jordan. The bigger guy usually wins, and that goes hand in hand with this particular outcome. Burrell who isn't close to MJ's skill level, almost wound up winning. Because hes bigger and stronger. A 6'7 - 6'9 player is perfect for one on one. Size and speed are still intact.

Same goes for people saying Kobe would dominate in a one on one tournament today. Players like Carmelo, Lebron, Thaddeus Young, Josh Smith, etc would dominate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carmelo beat everyone in the NBA today 1-on-1. Probably him and Durant are the best in the NBA right now.

Vienceslav
06-30-2013, 03:57 AM
Where is genghis when he has a legitimate case to be mad for once?:roll:

BoutPractice
06-30-2013, 04:09 AM
It would depend largely on luck.

Current LeBron has a better 3 point shot than Jordan and uses his superior size better than he used to, so if he gets hot and gets the ball first, he'll win. If Jordan has the ball first, he'll win most of the time.

Mr. Jabbar
06-30-2013, 04:12 AM
gene-ban OP, we need to make sure his blood relatives in line of descent will never be able to make another post here

AirFederer
06-30-2013, 04:18 AM
MJ and it is not even close.

There is one thing Bron does better than MJ and that is passing. That`s not going to help him here lol.

Everything else is MJ by a country mile.

He would get inside Bron`s head very quickly.

MJ would smoke past Bron for a varity of dunks, and drain jumpers all day.

Prime Jordan, are you kidding me, that guy is GOAT.

Bron aint got no worries or post moves so forget about posting MJ up.

MJ would embarrass Bron, for sure. :bowdown:

alexd
06-30-2013, 09:37 AM
In a game to 11?

If Jordan got the ball first, LeBron would win 11-9. If LeBron gets first ball, he beats Jordan 11-0.

LeBron would be just too big, strong, and fast for Jordan to handle. Especially in a 1 on 1 game where Jordan doesn't have Pippen to defend LeBron (like he does the other teams best player). Jordan would be forced to contested jumpers, while LeBron just bulls him and dunks away.

What do you think?

:facepalm u talk like jordan was a bad defender or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4gigN2zMU4
jordan would eat lbj 1on1..lbj can t handle 1v1 situations that good.heck diaw gave him serious troubles.he could try to back down jordan but jordan is strong as hell.sure he would score points but he would lose the ball eventually.plus jordan has much much much better offensive game.mj could create space out of thin air.that s what separated him from other players.he didn t only count on his freakish athleticism like lebron,but he had sound fundamentals and knew how to get the room he wanted to shoot.

K Xerxes
06-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Probably Jordan.

But one-on-one is really irrelevant and ignores two of James' best attributes: passing and team defense.

I don't really care. When I say Jordan is the best basketball player ever, I always mean in a 5 on 5 context. That's the way basketball is played.

diamenz
06-30-2013, 11:30 AM
did i wake up in the twilight zone or something? what offensive threat is lebron besides three point shooting and driving & kicking? if he doesn't get past jordan the only option he has is to either flop or pass and ain't no one to bail him out on that one.

Trollsmasher
06-30-2013, 11:41 AM
LeBron would just drain threes over poor, small MJ. And then when MJ would finally get closer to him, he would drive past him like nothing. He could even eventually post him and back him down all the way under the basket.

The only thing that MJ has is midrange.He can't drive past superior athlete in LeBron, he can't shoot threes, he can't post him for an easier shot than a fadeaway.

Good luck with midrange and long twos against shots at the rim and superior 3 point shooting:lol

Dionysus
06-30-2013, 11:50 AM
LeBron would just drain threes over poor, small MJ. And then when MJ would finally get closer to him, he would drive past him like nothing. He could even eventually post him and back him down all the way under the basket.

The only thing that MJ has is midrange.He can't drive past superior athlete in LeBron, he can't shoot threes, he can't post him for an easier shot than a fadeaway.

Good luck with midrange and long twos against shots at the rim and superior 3 point shooting:lol

Only poster in this thread with brain.

diamenz
06-30-2013, 12:06 PM
lebron couldn't beat kobe, durant or even melo one on one - he does not have a strong enough offensive arsenal.

BBallZen83
06-30-2013, 01:42 PM
It's been brought up in this thread about LeBron's first step. He had what seems to me a much quicker first step in his Cleveland days than now. He used to blow by people easier. Is that due to him putting on some more weight to work on his post game?

plowking
06-30-2013, 01:48 PM
lebron couldn't beat kobe, durant or even melo one on one - he does not have a strong enough offensive arsenal.

But the mighty Scott Burrell could apparently take MJ to 7-6. Yet Lebron can't beat him? :oldlol:

Its like people haven't played one on one before... :oldlol:
A variety of moves? :oldlol:
You find a strategy that works and you keep repeating it. Usually the bigger guy wins. Keeps driving or backing down and gets higher percentage shots than the smaller guy.

kamil
06-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Only poster in this thread with brain.

Only reason you're agreeing with him is because he's the only one with an IQ low enough to match yours.

Trollsmasher
06-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Only reason you're agreeing with him is because he's the only one with an IQ low enough to match yours.
There is a 99,8% possibility that I have a higher IQ than you, so shut up.

Greg Oden 50
06-30-2013, 02:21 PM

lebron can't stop jordan with his poor man defence :roll:

Solid Snake
06-30-2013, 04:21 PM
http://youtu.be/gTXxsiTzkfY?t=4m48s

I gotta give you props, there's not a whole lot of people in the world that would've utilized Youtube's ability to not only link a video, but link from a specific time point in the video. Most people would've said "skip to 4:48," but you actually linked it to begin from that point. Nice job.

Living Being
06-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Regardless of how big, strong, or skilled LeBron is, he doesn't have the mentality to beat Jordan one-on-one. He would botch every attempt at trying to take it to MJ. His only hope would be shooting over the top from long range. If he could get hot or just lucky, he could have a chance. He would not get a dunk. MJ would drive to the hoop and shoot turn-around J's all day. He would probably get LeBron to bite on some of his fake palm-the-ball shots and get some dunks as well.

Living Being
06-30-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't know if it's been brought up in this thread yet, but what about Jordan vs Pippen? Didn't Jordan beat him? You tellin' me LeBron would do better than Pippen? Pippen was longer and probably stronger than MJ.

diamenz
06-30-2013, 05:46 PM
But the mighty Scott Burrell could apparently take MJ to 7-6. Yet Lebron can't beat him? :oldlol:

Its like people haven't played one on one before... :oldlol:
A variety of moves? :oldlol:
You find a strategy that works and you keep repeating it. Usually the bigger guy wins. Keeps driving or backing down and gets higher percentage shots than the smaller guy.

scott burrell almost beat jordan, but jordan beat pippen.

i think it's a bit different when it's professional players going at it than scrubs like you and i at the park. it's a little more complex than the bigger guy wins imo.

Lebron23
06-30-2013, 05:52 PM
A 17/18 yrs.old Michael Finlay beat a Prime Michael Jordan in 1991. Lebron would beat MJ because it's very difficult to guard Lebron 1 on 1.

PS:

The poster above me needs to shut his mouth. You are a dumb @$$.

kamil
06-30-2013, 05:57 PM
A 17/18 yrs.old Michael Finlay beat a Prime Michael Jordan in 1991. Lebron would beat MJ because it's very difficult to guard Lebron 1 on 1.

That was a game of HORSE between MJ and Finley, you moron.

Lebron23
06-30-2013, 06:02 PM
That was a game of HORSE between MJ and Finley, you moron.

Shut your mouth!! You are an untalented stiff. How many accounts do you have? You already posted with your 3 accounts in this thread.

diamenz
06-30-2013, 06:44 PM

PS:

The poster above me needs to shut his mouth. You are a dumb @$$.

very mature, my friend - it lends you tons of credibility, not to mention your avatar AND name AND location.

lefthook00
06-30-2013, 07:04 PM
If you look at both players objectively, you will understand that the iso/1-on-1 game is not LeBron's strength.

SilkkTheShocker
06-30-2013, 07:08 PM
LeBron is just a superior player to Jordan. He would win most of the time.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Best of 10, Jordan wins about 6-7 games. Anyone suggesting otherwise shouldn't be taken seriously.

diamenz
06-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Jordan is just a superior player to LeBron. He would win most of the time.

Leftimage
06-30-2013, 07:28 PM

Last I checked there was no 5 second offensive violation in 1-on-1 basketball matches. So yes. And this is how he would win.

Living Being
06-30-2013, 07:35 PM
I feel bad for LeBron. His biggest fans are the most retarded posters on this forum.

Greg Oden 50
07-01-2013, 02:07 AM

overrated defender,jordan would raped lebron :rockon:

Greg Oden 50
07-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Shut your mouth!! You are an untalented stiff. How many accounts do you have? You already posted with your 3 accounts in this thread.

lebron stans mad :facepalm

Greg Oden 50
07-01-2013, 02:10 AM

even leonard can owns lebron and beat him off the dribble :roll:

plowking
07-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure they had a 1 on 1 contest back in the 70's with a decent amount of purse to the winner. Something like 20 grand back then.

No surprise a 6'9 guy won the thing I believe. I'm sure he had the best iso, 1 on 1 moves in the league... Not.
Its like some of you haven't played 1 on 1 before. The bigger guy with a similar level of skill set usually takes it. I'd take Melo to beat Jordan a majority of the time too.

EDIT: Didn't Jordan lose to Stackhouse back in the day? lol...

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2013, 02:28 AM
Obviously MJ's skill set translates better to one v one caliber basketball. I'm not saying LeBron can't score, or can't defend, he does both at a high level ... and everyone at some point gets beat in one on one, but MJ's competitive tenacity, will power, athletic ability combined with his superior scoring skill set compared to LeBron make him the safer bet in these terms. LeBron is a great team player, an evolved Magic Johnson / Scottie Pippen.

Doranku
07-01-2013, 02:30 AM
Interesting question. Is there a shot clock? If not, the game would never end because LeBron would never get a high percentage shot to justify shooting the ball.

Remix
07-01-2013, 02:31 AM
lmao @ people actually thinking lebron would have a chance

"bigger guy usually wins" - that must be all there is to basketball.

yao is goat 1v1

KOBE143
07-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Both would be destroy by Prime Kobe in the same court at the same time..

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2013, 02:43 AM
MJ and Kobe have to be the absolute best one on one players the game has ever seen. Quite easily too. They are both quick, smart, athletic, skilled, tenacious, yet are guards that are big enough and long enough not to get frustrated by long defenders like ultra quick scorers such as Derrick Rose or Allen Iverson would. And at the same time can defend slightly bigger guys like LeBron, Melo, Magic, etc.

dh144498
07-01-2013, 11:40 AM
can lebron even beat Jason Terry 1v1?
:oldlol:

Dionysus
09-01-2013, 03:52 PM
can lebron even beat Jason Terry 1v1?
:oldlol:

Yes.

See ISH, post like this is trolling. Not my reality towards LeBron.

Also there's one big difference between me, silk, Tony, secondnum, funnystuff, exc. You know what that difference is? I ACTUALLY LIKE KOBE and I'm a fan of what he's done. Yes, he's overrated, but I like him. I even made 2 threads bashing his haters, yet Kobe stans act like I'm one of the LeBron stans who hates on him smh.

My main point is, this eras players>>>>any other era.

Jordan is overrated too.

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 03:54 PM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jason+Kidd+Dallas+Mavericks+v+Miami+Heat+Game+GF_U nHLBPPAl.jpg

Rikers Island

imdaman99
09-01-2013, 04:01 PM
lebron isnt even beating boris diaw in a 1 on 1 :oldlol:

Le Shaqtus
09-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Jordan>>>>>>>

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE5auU7uvwU

interesting

zoom17
09-01-2013, 04:17 PM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jason+Kidd+Dallas+Mavericks+v+Miami+Heat+Game+GF_U nHLBPPAl.jpg

Rikers Island

http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2013/06/lebron-james-champion.jpg
3-peat is coming Stay butt hurt :cheers:

SamuraiSWISH
09-01-2013, 04:18 PM
It would've already been a three peat if LeBron didn't get put in a straight jacket by ancient Jason Kidd. You do realize this, right? Guy failed his team on the biggest stage, as favorites in the Finals.

zoom17
09-01-2013, 04:21 PM
It would've already been a three peat if LeBron didn't get put in a straight jacket by ancient Jason Kidd. You do realize this, right? Guy failed his team on the biggest stage, as favorites in the Finals.

I don't hold on to stuff from the past there's nothing you can do about it.People like you just talk about the past because you cant hate on him now:roll: :roll:

zoom17
09-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Also he will retire in the top 5 all time hate him or not so as the years go on and he piles on more achievements your going to look dumb each and year bring up past failures:cheers:

SamuraiSWISH
09-01-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't hold on to stuff from the past there's nothing you can do about it.People like you just talk about the past because you cant hate on him now:roll: :roll:
I'm talking about the past because it's apart of the portrait that is LeBron James. It's more than relevant. It's still basically the worst performance within context for a superstar in the NBA Finals of all-time. It deserves to be mentioned.

zoom17
09-01-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm talking about the past because it's apart of the portrait that is LeBron James. It's more than relevant. It's still basically the worst performance within context for a superstar in the NBA Finals of all-time. It deserves to be mentioned.

:facepalm There is no point talking to someone like you what ever.

Dionysus
09-01-2013, 05:07 PM
:facepalm There is no point talking to someone like you what ever.

Don't mind the Jordan stans. They know Lebrons gunning for that GOAT spot and it scares them into insecurity.

kamil
09-01-2013, 06:08 PM
In a game to 11?

What do you think?

I think you're a whole new level of stupid.

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Don't mind the Jordan stans. They know Lebrons gunning for that GOAT spot and it scares them into insecurity.

He hasn't even gotten Kobe yet, who is a couple tiers below Jordan :roll:

red1
09-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Jordan 10-7

f0und
09-01-2013, 06:24 PM
jordan wins this.

imo, jordan has a better, smarter, more efficient offensive arsenal. jordan also beats him defensively.

but lets say they are equal in skills, when it comes to a battle of wills and mental toughness, jordan has him beat by miles. jordan is one of the most mentally toughest players in history. whereas lebron, we've seen several examples of him folding and mentally checking out in the worst of times. jordan would say a few discouraging words to lebron and lebron would bow down and accept defeat after the 3rd possession.

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Is lebron even stronger than Jordan was? Jordan was freakishly strong, bodying elite 7 footers and PF's, not 36 year old back up point guards like jason terry

SamuraiSWISH
09-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Jordan 10-7http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UED4WqwNU1c

b1imtf
09-01-2013, 06:44 PM
The first one to get to 11

zoom17
09-01-2013, 06:56 PM
He hasn't even gotten Kobe yet, who is a couple tiers below Jordan :roll:

:oldlol: He been past kobe.

arifgokcen
09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Is lebron even stronger than Jordan was? Jordan was freakishly strong, bodying elite 7 footers and PF's, not 36 year old back up point guards like jason terry

Dude trolling much..

MJ is one of the best one on one players and lebron is not however in 1vs1 match size matters a lot.

In the end MJ would probably prevail but it would be much closer than people think.Lebron is definitely stronger much stronger than MJ who was one of the strongest players of his position

CavaliersFTW
09-01-2013, 07:06 PM
log out and don't come back.
^- this

zoom17
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Dude trolling much..

MJ is one of the best one on one players and lebron is not however in 1vs1 match size matters a lot.

In the end MJ would probably prevail but it would be much closer than people think.Lebron is definitely stronger much stronger than MJ who was one of the strongest players of his position

kNicKz you should worry about your sorry ass knicks:roll: :roll:

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Dude trolling much..

He's like 1.5 inches taller than Jordan, you're acting like it would be bogues vs. larry johnson.

Here is a post up on kobe

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/986/053/hi-res-161382171_display_image.jpg?1361159796

Does kobe look dwarfed and overmatched? Absolutely not. Jordan was bigger/stronger/taller than kobe. Jordan was a huge SG who could play SF

Lebron is like 6'7" .25-.5

zoom17
09-01-2013, 07:13 PM
He's like 1.5 inches taller than Jordan, you're acting like it would be bogues vs. larry johnson.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/986/053/hi-res-161382171_display_image.jpg?1361159796

Does kobe look dwarfed and overmatched? Absolutely not. Jordan was bigger/stronger/taller than kobe. Jordan was a huge SG who could play SF

Lebron is like 6'7" .25-.5

He is stronger then him quit with this nonsense and why are you so opposed with lebron.

CavaliersFTW
09-01-2013, 07:13 PM

Jordan and Kobe are virtually identical in stature... everything from height to length to weight and as a result, probably also strength.

Kobe:
6-4 and 3/4 w/o shoes
6-11 wingspan
178-230lbs weight range throughout career

Jordan:
6-4 and 7/8 w/o shoes
6-11 and 1/4 wingspan
198-225lbs weight range throughout career

Saying Jordan was bigger stronger taller etc is misleading... up close and standing next to each other they looked near as makes no difference identical in size.

kNicKz
09-01-2013, 07:14 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ezasSnqd1qeto98o1_1280.jpg

Does Jordan look worried?

zoom17
09-01-2013, 07:18 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ezasSnqd1qeto98o1_1280.jpg

Does Jordan look worried?

what does prove Is he supposed to look worried?

sdot_thadon
09-01-2013, 09:42 PM
I feel like this would be an epic dogfight and could go either way any given game. Mj was Mj, we know his game and his advantages but how can anyone say Mj blows him away? I think guarding MJ would be the most difficult matchup Lebron could see, albeit he never faced a defender of Lebron's caliber either. Lebron would be the larger man with comparable speed and athleticism. Size is a big deal in a one on one game where it's man to man. Lebron's strength finishing would make life tough for Mj. On the flip side Mj would make his life tough far from basket. But let's not put blinders on guys.

Those saying Lebron would have no one to pass to and no picks.....um you think Lebron's heard of one on one ball? I'm sure he wouldn't be looking to pass and play a game more suited for the situation. I could also see things getting nasty given Goat's mean streak, but when provoked Bron has doled out punishment on the floor as well. I'd most definitely pay to see the game on pay per view like the dream/shaq publicity stunt from the 90s.

nathanjizzle
09-01-2013, 09:47 PM
jordan. he is alot more skilled than lebron.

SilkkTheShocker
09-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Jordan honestly wasnt better than Lebron at anything. Hell, even Bron is a better baseball player :oldlol:

jstern
09-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Jordan would make him go left.

In all seriousness. Jordan has played and won one on one against current NBA players. While with the Wizards he was making current stars look silly with fakes and skills. When it comes to one on one, one on one skills is > anything. So imagine a prime Jordan vs Lebron one on one. One on one is different than 5 on 5.

funnystuff
09-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Lebron probably.

TheMan
09-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Curious how the only posters picking LeBron are the known Bron stans like the OP, Silkk, TrollSmasher, FunnyStuff, Plowking, zoom17 etc. while everyone else whether they are MJ stans or not pick Jordan.:bowdown:

Jordan wins, he's simply the superior skilled player. Jordan wouldn't struggle against the likes of Diaw, Kidd or Marion...

There's a vid on YouTube where Bruce Bowen says Jordan was the toughest guy he ever defended against and it was a past prime Jordan. Mind you, Bowen guarded prime Kobe and athletic peak LeBron. I'll take his opinion 100000000 times over internet nerds like Plowking:oldlol:

deja vu
09-02-2013, 12:43 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/02/kobe-lebron-gif.gif

Baby Arm Johnso
09-02-2013, 02:22 PM
MJ and it is not even close.

There is one thing Bron does better than MJ and that is passing. That`s not going to help him here lol.

Everything else is MJ by a country mile.

He would get inside Bron`s head very quickly.

MJ would smoke past Bron for a varity of dunks, and drain jumpers all day.

Prime Jordan, are you kidding me, that guy is GOAT.

Bron aint got no worries or post moves so forget about posting MJ up.

MJ would embarrass Bron, for sure. :bowdown:

this!! was there anybody craftier than prime MJ. Lebrons footwork is not that special

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 02:31 PM
In a 1 on 1 game size matters.

LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster than Jordan. He's also a better defender that Jordan. You guys are trolling if you think Jordan would beat LeBron 1 on 1.

Even Scottie Pippen beat Jordan in a 1 on 1 in practice.:lol

TheMan
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM

LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster than Jordan. He's also a better defender that Jordan. You guys are trolling if you think Jordan would beat LeBron 1 on 1.

Stick to football, chappy.

zoom17
09-02-2013, 04:10 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/02/kobe-lebron-gif.gif

Bitch please

http://nbanewssource.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/a0cf0f1ffd84b82bf342377f86272486_large.png

madmax
09-02-2013, 04:11 PM

this.
how is a 6'5 man going to stop a 6'8 athletic freak, who has some 50-60 pounds on him anyway?:lol Jordan would have to resort to dirty plays and hope that Lebron somehow freaks out and chokes again. Otherwise, a smaller dude is always doomed

TheMan
09-02-2013, 04:22 PM
this.
how is a 6'5 man going to stop a 6'8 athletic freak, who has some 50-60 pounds on him anyway?:lol Jordan would have to resort to dirty plays and hope that Lebron somehow freaks out and chokes again. Otherwise, a smaller dude is always doomed
Another idiot chimes in:facepalm

Dirk Nowitzki > LeBron (size wins all the time according to these doofuses).

zoom17
09-02-2013, 04:27 PM

prime Yao ming > Dirk Nowitzi:roll: :roll: :roll:

aj1987
09-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Lebron has the handles though. Does Dirk?

HoopsFanNumero1
09-02-2013, 04:34 PM

Dirk is not an athletic freak.

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 04:38 PM

Dumbest post ever.

Does Dirk have the speed of LeBron? The strength? Can Dirk cross LeBron over and drive to the rim atleast 5 times? Is Dirk the defender LeBron is?

Just incase your're slow, the answer is no.

imdaman99
09-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Dumbest post ever.

Does Dirk have the speed of LeBron? The strength? Can Dirk cross LeBron over and drive to the rim atleast 5 times? Is Dirk the defender LeBron is?

Just incase your're slow, the answer is no.
how come lebron never defended dirk in the finals? its not as if he was conserving his energy for offense. he was busy getting lit up by terry and marion. the myth that lebron can guard all 5 positions.

dirk would beat lebron in a 1 on 1 as well. that jumper is wet :rockon:

TheMan
09-02-2013, 07:44 PM
how come lebron never defended dirk in the finals? its not as if he was conserving his energy for offense. he was busy getting lit up by terry and marion. the myth that lebron can guard all 5 positions.

dirk would beat lebron in a 1 on 1 as well. that jumper is wet :rockon:
Someone who gets it:applause:

We know LeBron cannot defend Dirk, like you said, if this whole myth of LeBron being able to defend all 5 positions were true, why didn't he defend Dirk in the Finals:confusedshrug: Dirk is Dallas best offensive player, LBJ is supposedly Miami best defender and can guard bigs according to Bron stans, so why didn't he???

BECAUSE HE CAN'T:oldlol:

In a 1 v 1, Dirk let's Bron have all the jumpers he wants, if Bron goes into the post, Dirk will swat Bron's bad footwork goofy shots...Dirk can beat you from outside and in the post.

Dirk kills LeBron in a 1 v 1, deal wit it.

TheMan
09-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Lebron has the handles though. Does Dirk?
Handles don't matter as much if you go back to the basket and back your man into the post a la Larry Bird. I think Dirk can manage that just fine:applause:

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Someone who gets it:applause:

We know LeBron cannot defend Dirk, like you said, if this whole myth of LeBron being able to defend all 5 positions were true, why didn't he defend Dirk in the Finals:confusedshrug: Dirk is Dallas best offensive player, LBJ is supposedly Miami best defender and can guard bigs according to Bron stans, so why didn't he???

BECAUSE HE CAN'T:oldlol:

In a 1 v 1, Dirk let's Bron have all the jumpers he wants, if Bron goes into the post, Dirk will swat Bron's bad footwork goofy shots...Dirk can beat you from outside and in the post.

Dirk kills LeBron in a 1 v 1, deal wit it.

Wtf are you smoking mate? Because I want some of that.:roll:

:oldlol: at the Idea of Dirk keeping LeBron from driving to the rack:roll:

diamenz
09-02-2013, 07:53 PM
mj would beat bron in a 1v1 the majority of times.

dirk? he'd kill bron every time.

SamuraiSWISH
09-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Pippen and LeBron 1 v 1 is a better matchup.

Jordan would shit on LeBron 1 v 1 overall, the majority of the time. MJ v.s. Kobe is the more interesting and competitive matchup. They're similar. The hardest player to defend is ironically the one most like yourself.

Pippen and LeBron share similar body types, skill sets, and mentality. More intriguing matchup, IMO.

SilkkTheShocker
09-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Amazing how bitter these posters are that LeBron keeps winning :oldlol:

Stay mad :lol

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 07:58 PM
mj would beat bron in a 1v1 the majority of times.

dirk? he'd kill bron every time.

:roll: :roll:

Comedy at It's finest:roll:

diamenz
09-02-2013, 08:07 PM
:roll: :roll:

Comedy at It's finest:roll:

huh?

oh you mean this? ya man, high-five!

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lebron-flop-2.gif

poido123
09-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Amazing how bitter these posters are that LeBron keeps winning :oldlol:

Stay mad :lol

This place is going to shit because of these trolls going hell for leather on here.

Montana, Silk, Dionysus, 9empire, Trollsmasher and probably more need to go.

Fudge
09-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Nah, Silkk cant put together coherent sentences, while Dinoysus or whatever his name is, actually can.

More like TonyMontana = Dionysus, and Silkk = Electric Slide, RG, etc

But yea, still sad. :oldlol:

TheMan
09-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Wtf are you smoking mate? Because I want some of that.:roll:

:oldlol: at the Idea of Dirk keeping LeBron from driving to the rack:roll:
:biggums:

Looks like you've never played pick up 1 v 1 basketball in your life so I'll give you a couple of defensive tips to enlighten you. I'll make it simple so you can keep up.

When you have two players, one is smaller and quicker, in this case LeBron, and a taller and slower player (Dirk), it is retarded for the big (Dirk) to go out and challenge the small (LBJ) player out on the perimeter because in one move LeBron can go past Dirk for an uncontested shot at the rim, so all Dirk has to do is let LeBron have all the jumpers to his little heart's content because LeBron, as we saw in the Finals, does not have a consistent jump shot. San Antonio let Bron shoot all the jumpers he wanted and his shot was off for basically every game except a couple. Dirk just sits there in the lane and if Bron wants to attack the rim for dunks, he'd basically would need to bull Dirk over and it's an easy offensive foul. Are you keeping up? That's why some of Miami's more productive line ups conaisted of LeBron with 4 shooters to create space and take away the defense' ability to have their bigs clogging the lane. In a 1 v 1,Dirk stays all the time within a few feet in front of the rim forcing James to either his flat footed post up game against a 7 footer or shoot mid range jumpshots (which we know LeBron can go cold for long stretches). Now if it was Dirk vs prime MJ, Dirk would have to kind of challenge MJ in the perimeter because, well, MJ can actually hit a jumper:bowdown:

Basketball 101, mate...you can thank me now.

PS, stick to soccer, you're clueless.

grantz
09-02-2013, 08:36 PM
I see more athletic players lose to more skilled players all of the time one on one.

See some mid aged white folk break down college kids with fundamentals.

If athleticism is the your only argument for LeBron beating Jordan, LeBron it's not gifted enough defensively to guard every position Jordan can score from. LeBron is not a gifted enough scorer to beat the most prolific scorer in nba history.

Being a Stan is fine and all, but don't get ahead of yourself.

zoom17
09-02-2013, 08:41 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/213p0qt.jpg

He will get by him every play lol

TheMan
09-02-2013, 08:50 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/213p0qt.jpg

He will get by him every play lol
We're talking 1 v 1...keep up:facepalm

zoom17
09-02-2013, 08:52 PM
We're talking 1 v 1...keep up:facepalm

That is what he will do to dirk he will blow by him like he is an elder:roll: :roll:

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Nah, Silkk cant put together coherent sentences, while Dinoysus or whatever his name is, actually can.

More like TonyMontana = Dionysus, and Silkk = Electric Slide, RG, etc

But yea, still sad. :oldlol:

I don't know who Electric slide is, but I can tell you that me, silk, and Tony are different people. I'm honored to be compared to the best posters on this forum none the less.

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
That is what he will do to dirk he blow by him like he is an elder:roll: :roll:

:roll: They think 7 foot slow Dirk can stop LeBron from scoring. Trolling at It's finest.:roll:

TheMan
09-02-2013, 09:02 PM
2011 Finals happened, it wasn't jus a horrible nightmare for you stans:oldlol:

Dirk got bragging rights on Bron Bron
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UNaf7nH_pDs/TfYJVT-968I/AAAAAAAAEPM/ZwNxeWxVzrw/s400/dirk+nowitzki+trophy.jpg

zoom17
09-02-2013, 09:03 PM
:roll: They think 7 foot slow Dirk can stop LeBron from scoring. Trolling at It's finest.:roll:

Idiots really I could get Lebron and Jordan I could get could go and would be a good battle But Dirk:facepalm

zoom17
09-02-2013, 09:04 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UNaf7nH_pDs/TfYJVT-968I/AAAAAAAAEPM/ZwNxeWxVzrw/s400/dirk+nowitzki+trophy.jpg

Heat about three-peat so all is good keep bringing up the past you pathetic person:cheers:

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 09:07 PM

Posting 3yr old pictures:roll:

Yawl still haven't got over LeBron's back to back finals wins.:roll:

TheMan
09-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Heat about three-peat so all is good keep bringing up the past you pathetic person:cheers:
They'd be threepeat champs right now if LeBron hadn't got merked by Dirk:confusedshrug:. They ain't winning this year, they're running on fumes and by a mircle shot by clutch Ray Ray, they barely won this year:oldlol:

Why you mad doe:confusedshrug:

HoopsFanNumero1
09-02-2013, 09:13 PM
They'd be threepeat champs right now if LeBron hadn't got merked by Dirk:confusedshrug:. They ain't winning this year, they're running on fumes and by a mircle shot by cluth Ray Ray, they barely won this year:oldlol:

Dirk shot 41% and had a pretty average Finals. Nothing special really.

Dionysus
09-02-2013, 09:16 PM
They'd be threepeat champs right now if LeBron hadn't got merked by Dirk:confusedshrug:. They ain't winning this year, they're running on fumes and by a mircle shot by clutch Ray Ray, they barely won this year:oldlol:

How did Dirk "murk" the Heat?:lol

zoom17
09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
They'd be threepeat champs right now if LeBron hadn't got merked by Dirk:confusedshrug:. They ain't winning this year, they're running on fumes and by a mircle shot by cluth Ray Ray, they barely won this year:oldlol:

Why is it that only lebron haters are the ones to bring up past failures ignoring his current accomplishments. There nothing you can do about it. So no I am not mad it must kill you seeing lebron winning multiple rings and continuing to own the NBA:pimp:

zoom17
09-02-2013, 09:18 PM
How did Dirk "murk" the Heat?:lol

You know you won a argument when People bring up the past.

TheMan
09-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Posting 3yr old pictures:roll:

Yawl still haven't got over LeBron's back to back finals wins.:roll:
This moron. You made a thread about an almost 30 year old video of Bobby Hansen/Michael Jordan, and you complain about pics from a few years ago?:roll:

How salty and insecure about GOAT MJ that you got to bring up 30 year old video of a crossover and missed lay up:oldlol: That right there tells me you know MJ > LBJ and it pisses you off to no end:lol

Stay mad, fakkit:applause:

TheMan
09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Dirk shot 41% and had a pretty average Finals. Nothing special really.
Unlike LeBron, Dirk showed up when it counted though. Compared to Bron's 2011 Finals, Dirk put up GOAT stats:oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
09-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Unlike LeBron, Dirk showed up when it counted though. Compared to Bron's 2011 Finals, Dirk put up GOAT stats:oldlol:

For whatever reason, Lebron sucked in that series. It's well established. But the myth that Dirk had this monster series and single-handedly beat the Heat is too wide-spread for me to ignore it. These were Dirk's stats: 26/9.7 on 41.6%. That's pretty mediocre, especially when you compare him to Wade's performance in those Finals. Even compared to Lebron, those stats are hardly GOAT worthy.

TheMan
09-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Why is it that only lebron haters are the ones to bring up past failures ignoring his current accomplishments. There nothing you can do about it. So no I am not mad it must kill you seeing lebron winning multiple rings and continuing to own the NBA:pimp:
I don't hate LeBron, his moronic fans irk though. Not mad at all, in fact I'm lucky to have witnessesd the GOAT win 6 chips and 6 FMVPs and never shit the bed like your idol did '07 and '11 and almost these last Finals:cheers:

gts
09-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Idiots really I could get Lebron and Jordan I could get could go and would be a good battle But Dirk:facepalm

English, try it.

diamenz
09-02-2013, 10:19 PM
lol three lebron stans ganging up on theman. guess that's what it takes - is a circle jerk, eh.