PDA

View Full Version : Knicks close to acquiring Bargnani

iDunk
06-30-2013, 05:58 PM
@HowardBeckNYT 2m

Knicks appear close to acquiring Andrea Bargnani from Toronto, per source. NY offering Camby, Novak, 2 picks (1st rd/2nd rd).

Shade8780
06-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Bargnani :lol

DStebb716
06-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Good luck getting a rebound at MSG! Just kidding.

knickscity
Shoot me please.

iDunk
This could either be really good or really bad.

Haks
More Shooters Waheey!!!

livinglegend
06-30-2013, 06:02 PM
what a joke this franchise is :lol

1Time4YourMind
06-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Knicks acquiring Bargnani and 40 cans of primo pasta for Camby/Novak would be a more fair trade

Real Men Wear Green
06-30-2013, 06:04 PM
El Gringos wins.

Shade8780
06-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Grunwald should be shot if he does this trade.

Shade8780
06-30-2013, 06:07 PM
I have a better trade idea. Knicks trade a bag of potatoes to the Raptors for Bargnani and a pick.

iDunk
06-30-2013, 06:07 PM
It wouldn't be as bad if you took the picks out. I'd have a hard time throwing in a 2nd rounder.

Ujiri is a ****ing magician, that's for sure.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:08 PM
This could be a good move....we shall see

Trollsmasher
06-30-2013, 06:09 PM
They just need someone who will brick more shots and defend worse than Melo to make him feel good:lol

Electric Slide
06-30-2013, 06:10 PM
It wouldn't be as bad if you took the picks out. I'd have a hard time throwing in a 2nd rounder.

Ujiri is a ****ing magician, that's for sure.
Knicks are offering, how is that guy doing anything? Knicks are just idiots. :oldlol:

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:10 PM
They just need someone who will brick more shots and defend worse than Melo to make him feel good:lol

:coleman:

Young X
06-30-2013, 06:12 PM
One of the Knicks major problems is rebounding, yet they want a SOFT 7 footer who averages 3 rebounds per game? :oldlol:

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 06:12 PM
this is a good trade for the knicks if it happens. if he locks in defensively and goes after rebounds that is. if he just wants to shoot and do nothing else, he is not worth the money. stretch fours in the league are vanishing rather quickly. fours are now bruisers. i wanted him on the nets, but i'm satisfied with kg.

where does amare fit in with the knicks plans? are they seriously going to pay another $20 million for a bench player?

Scoooter
06-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Now we have someone to stand up to Kevin Garnett.

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Damn, Ujiri turned Bargs into a couple of manageable contracts and a 1st rounder? Well done.

Qwyjibo
06-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Well, at least it breaks down one shit contract (Bargnani) into two smaller shit contracts (Camby and Novak). Those should be easier to move when dismantling the rest of the team.

It's a start to cleaning up this god forsaken roster.

if he locks in defensively and goes after rebounds that is.
He hasn't done that in 7 years now. Forget about it happening.

DG#8
06-30-2013, 06:18 PM
wilds09's turnin' in his grave:D

D-Rose
06-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Damn, Ujiri turned Bargs into a couple of manageable contracts and a 1st rounder? Well done.
Camby can apparently be bought out for 1.25 mill in 14-15 so that's even better for Raps.

Will be huge for them if this goes down. Have no clue what the Knicks are thinking, Bargs is a step backwards.

Haymaker
06-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Knicks are hopeless. :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
06-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Knicks got there eyes on that 4th seed :applause: :applause:

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:23 PM

Knicks are hopeless? Have fun with tiago splitter and turnobili on your roster next season :roll:

All Net
06-30-2013, 06:24 PM
More shooters..just what they lacked.

KobesFinger
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Where's that guy who made a million threads with trade ideas to bring Bargnani to whatever team Melo was on?

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
they will be the 5th seed.

heat
bulls
nets
pacers
knicks

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:26 PM

heat
bulls
nets
pacers
knicks

:roll:

Soft ass brook lopez and deron doughboy williams aren't getting a 3rd seed son. Paul Pierce in a new system is going to crumble

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 06:30 PM

Soft ass brook lopez and deron doughboy williams aren't getting a 3rd seed son. Paul Pierce in a new system is going to crumble
even if your biased prediction is right and paul "crumbles", what about the upgrade from evans to kg. we won 49 games last year. just kg alone will win us 3-6 more games. our bench is going to improve as well when evans is our backup four. knicks out of the heat, bulls, pacers and nets, seem to be the only team taking a step backwards.

let's not forget that 49 wins despite having deron injured for the first half of the season.

hawkfan
06-30-2013, 06:32 PM
even if your biased prediction is right and paul "crumbles", what about the upgrade from evans to kg. we won 49 games last year. just kg alone will win us 3-6 more games. our bench is going to improve as well when evans is our backup four. knicks out of the heat, bulls, pacers and nets, seem to be the only team taking a step backwards.

let's not forget that 49 wins despite having deron injured for the first half of the season.

As heretical as this may sound, KG is real, real old. And Blatche should get more minutes to see how much he can develop. So KG could be in the way of Blatche.

I know - crazy, crazy - but the Nets have to find out if Blatche is someone who is starting-caliber on a playoff team.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:33 PM
You're really going to cite injuries when talking about your record to a knicks fan?

I'm done

SilkkTheShocker
06-30-2013, 06:35 PM

heat
bulls
nets
pacers
knicks

Pacers are most definitely better than the Nets. Your team really isn't that good. They couldn't even beat the Bulls C team.

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Does anybody have word on what years the first and second round pick are going to be ?

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Pacers are most definitely better than the Nets. Your team really isn't that good. They couldn't even beat the Bulls C team.

Silkk going in

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 06:38 PM
I know - crazy, crazy - but the Nets have to find out if Blatche is someone who is starting-caliber on a playoff team.
blatche is a starter in this league and the nets know that too. in 6 games that brook was out, blatche averaged 20 points and 9 rebounds. and in each of those games he really did average 20/9. he didn't have a game of like 30 points followed by a 12 point game. he was a very, very consistent 20/9. the problem is that our defense allowed like 11 more points with blatche as a starter. blatche just cares about scoring and his one on one defense is solid but his help defense isn't.
and as to kg playing less minutes in favor of blatche, i don't mind that one bit because i want kg to be as healthy as possible entering the playoffs.

SpecialQue
06-30-2013, 06:41 PM

KG215
06-30-2013, 06:43 PM
So the Knicks will continue to suck at rebounding and shoot even more 3's?

Yeah....that seems like the right direction to go.

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 06:44 PM
what does last season have to do with this season? so the bulls beat the nets in the playoffs, why not talk about how the nets swept the pacers 3-0 last year? i mean, your topic is about the nets v pacers, idiot. we couldn't beat the bulls last year because we had no heart. we addressed that issue ten fold yet you bring up last year as if its any indication as to what will happen the following year. especially when the team is under a new coach and just obtained two future hall of famers.:facepalm

qrich
06-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Thank you New York for making sure Sacks doesn't deal Butler for Bargnani.

And Indiana >>>> Nets as well. Hibbert/West will continue to wreck havoc on that front court.

Bandito
4th seed? I see it being a 10th seed:roll:

Crafty
But .. why?

kNicKz
what does last season have to do with this season? so the bulls beat the nets in the playoffs, why not talk about how the nets swept the pacers 3-0 last year? i mean, your topic is about the nets v pacers, idiot. we couldn't beat the bulls last year because we had no heart. we addressed that issue ten fold yet you bring up last year as if its any indication as to what will happen the following year. especially when the team is under a new coach and just obtained two future hall of famers.:facepalm

salty

Shade8780
Y! Sources: New York finalizing agreement with Toronto to acquire former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani. http://tinyurl.com/lz6wt6w

Qwyjibo
06-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Woj!

I can now believe!

SilkkTheShocker
06-30-2013, 06:47 PM

Delusional.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:48 PM
4th seed? I see it being a 10th seed:roll:

Lakers fans are able to talk right now? I thought the load of dwights balls in their mouths might muffle them. Keep sucking. You are the decision fans of yesteryear :roll:

HomieWeMajor
06-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Power shift

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Thank you New York for making sure Sacks doesn't deal Butler for Bargnani.

And Indiana >>>> Nets as well. Hibbert/West will continue to wreck havoc on that front court.
ok, won't argue your opinion but if the nets went 3-0 last season with "havoc hibbert/west" when they're front court was EVANS and lopez, your prediction seems a little whacky when kg is now the pf.
:confusedshrug:
like, so many people make predictions but its not based on analysis or any facts. the nets went 3-0 against them last year, nobody brings that up. the nets got better. nobody brings that up. these are things that separate knowledge and foolishness. THE FACTS.

eliteballer
06-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Don't know why everyone is piling on the Knicks. They don't need him to be a franchise guy. Just spread the floor and create mismatches.

Money? Knicks don't care.

Giving up assets? It's not much..

Eric Cartman
06-30-2013, 06:54 PM
El gringos:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z261/TheAceRock/RandyMarshJizz.jpg

kurple
06-30-2013, 06:55 PM
lol this ^^^

SpecialQue
06-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Net fans are all like http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/1-vince-mcmahon-wwe-funny-face.gif

qrich
06-30-2013, 06:56 PM
ok, won't argue your opinion but if the nets went 3-0 last season with "havoc hibbert/west" when they're front court was EVANS and lopez, your prediction seems a little whacky when kg is now the pf.
like, so many people make predictions but its not based on analysis or any facts. the nets went 3-0 against them last year, nobody brings that up. the nets got better. nobody brings that up. these are things that separate knowledge and foolishness. THE FACTS.

Making offseason moves by adding big names, while not considering chemistry, age, fit, etc. is the definition of delusional, and that is far from any sort of knowledge. Look at the Lakers this past year.

But hey, lets also ignore the fact that Indiana is essentially adding Danny Granger to their roster with expected improvements from young guys such as George, Hibbert and Stephenson. Ignore the fact that they weren't far off from the promised land and are making improvements. Its knowledge that they will drop from #2 to #4.

jimmy77x
06-30-2013, 06:57 PM
El gringos:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: so true

CHi1PriDe
06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Uriji will be the gm of the year :oldlol: just when barg was supposed to be amnestied too hah. A 7 footer that shoots a lil over 1 attempt at the rim who avgs 3 rebounds per game. and injury prone :facepalm Melo, barg, Chandler and stat costs almost 63 mil, smfh. Too bad the Knicks don't have any players I might interested in besides swish but he's a free agent. Knicks are gonna be too soft :roll:

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
El gringos:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

christian1923
06-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Does he have any offensive game besides shooting?

Johnny Jones
06-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Knicks got raped :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:00 PM
el gringos got it only half right, but I do take back anything I've said negatively about him.

red1
06-30-2013, 07:00 PM
lmao at el gringos

G-train
06-30-2013, 07:03 PM
What on earth are the Knicks doing?

RoundMoundOfReb
Great off season so far. Got rid of bc and bargs. Just need to get rid of gay and derozan's contract s and rebuild the right way.

It's A VC3!!!
Making offseason moves by adding big names, while not considering chemistry, age, fit, etc. is the definition of delusional, and that is far from any sort of knowledge. Look at the Lakers this past year.

But hey, lets also ignore the fact that Indiana is essentially adding Danny Granger to their roster with expected improvements from young guys such as George, Hibbert and Stephenson. Ignore the fact that they weren't far off from the promised land and are making improvements. Its knowledge that they will drop from #2 to #4.
what about them? you want me to draw similarities? how can i? dwight was injured for half of the season and when he ultimately came back, he was still in injury form and never reached 100%. on top of that, he doesn't even want to be there. our center brook lopez was injured for 6 games and returned back 100%. so there goes point number 1. the lakers added a 38 year old pg. our pg just turned 29. the lakers hired a coach that benched one of his star players, pau gasol because he wanted shooters. pau lost confidence and bashed his own coach. how does any of what i just said have to do anything with the nets? the nets are throwing stars on their team but are not asking them to be stars. nash and dwight were asked to be stars. pierce and kg are not going to carry any type of load they have been accustomed to. i don't know how you were able to draw any similarities between the lakers and the nets despite everything i just said to prove otherwise.

Qwyjibo
What on earth are the Knicks doing?
Throwing shit against a wall and hoping something sticks. Or as I like to call it "Colangelo Management".

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Also not a big casey fan so hopefulyy we can replace him in the near future.

SilkkTheShocker
06-30-2013, 07:05 PM
The Nets suck ass

qrich
06-30-2013, 07:05 PM
what about them? you want me to draw similarities? how can i? dwight was injured for half of the season and when he ultimately came back, he was still in injury form and never reached 100%. on top of that, he doesn't even want to be there. our center brook lopez was injured for 6 games and returned back 100%. so there goes point number 1. the lakers added a 38 year old pg. our pg just turned 29. the lakers hired a coach that benched one of his star players, pau gasol because he wanted shooters. pau lost confidence and bashed his own coach. how does any of what i just said have to do anything with the nets? the nets are throwing stars on their team but are not asking them to be stars. nash and dwight were asked to be stars. pierce and kg are not going to carry any type of load they have been accustomed to. i don't know how you were able to draw any similarities between the lakers and the nets despite everything i just said to prove otherwise.

Definition of delusional. Nets version of CF86 :oldlol:

I'd spend time explaining things to you, but the fact that you expect the Pacers to drop from being considered #2 to #4 while adding to their roster says enough in itself.

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Great off season so far. Got rid of bc and bargs. Just need to get rid of gay and derozan's contract s and rebuild the right way.
lol i feel like the raptors have been in rebuilding mode for like 5 years now and they have never had a top 5 pick in any of those year. they should've tanked and stacked top 3 picks until now rather than getting placers like demar or rudy for no reason.

just looked, they had a 5th overall in 2011 and got jonas.:confusedshrug:

man, how far they fell from those beloved vc days.:(

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Knicks are hopeless? Have fun with tiago splitter and turnobili on your roster next season :roll:

wait, what?

is that your comeback to a spurs fan?

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Definition of delusional. Nets version of CF86 :oldlol:

I'd spend time explaining things to you, but the fact that you expect the Pacers to drop from being considered #2 to #4 while adding to their roster says enough in itself.
what? the pacers were 3rd last season and had the same amount of wins as the nets (49). stop putting on a horrendous acting job and acting like they were miles ahead of the nets last year. yeah, their post-season run was great, but in the regular season when the pacers finished 3rd and i feel that they will finish 4th next year is not delusional.:facepalm

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:10 PM
1st round exit every year

word

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:11 PM
wait, what?

is that your comeback a spurs fan?

Please don't feed him.

qrich
06-30-2013, 07:11 PM
what? the pacers were 3rd last season and had the same amount of wins as the nets (49). stop putting on a horrendous acting job and acting like they were miles ahead of the nets last year. yeah, their post-season run was great, but in the regular season when the pacers finished 3rd and i feel that they will finish 4th next year is not delusional.:facepalm

Your right.

Nets will end up with 54 wins while Indiana drops to 46.

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:12 PM
word

i dont get it. :confusedshrug: your comebacks are awful.

my only guess is you are so upset at the trade and the knicks right now that all logic and common sense in your brain has been overtaken by anger and confusion.

iDunk
06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Its a gamble, that's for sure.

Rather have a gamble than a no hope/same team coming back.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:15 PM
i dont get it. :confusedshrug: your comebacks are awful.

my only guess is you are so upset at the trade and the knicks right now that all logic and common sense in your brain has been overtaken by anger and confusion.

I find your lack of 2nd round disturbing

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Your right.

Nets will end up with 54 wins while Indiana drops to 46.
never said how many wins pacers will end up with. they could achieve 52, 53 wins but will still be 4th. that's 3, 4 more wins than last year. both teams improved. idk how granger will fit into the pacers plans, especially with paul on the rise. nor do i know how kg and pierce will fit in. however, i think the nets will finish third, by a win or two more than the pacers. that assumption is not delusional, on any city, state, country, planet or galaxy.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Its a gamble, that's for sure.

Rather have a gamble than a no hope/same team coming back.

http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060628/060628_bargnani_vmed_5p.standard.jpg

not 1

not 2

not 3

not 4

not 5

not 6

not 7

ballup
06-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Tank master Punani! :bowdown:

Why you no come to the Celtics?:(

iDunk
06-30-2013, 07:17 PM
http://gamereax.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/bargnaninets1.gif

I'm bitter right now, but there's a little excitement somewhere in there..

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I find your lack of 2nd round disturbing

how so? if you want to compare the knicks vs nuggets the last 10 years or so, im all for it. :oldlol:

but dont try and change the subject of how the knicks just got raped.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:18 PM

hawked on Lopez weak ass

damn

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:19 PM
The first round pick is in 2016.

We got some second round picks after that. I don't think Novak stays and I don't really know how many moves the Raps are going to keep making, but it's a good start so far.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:20 PM
how so? if you want to compare the knicks vs nuggets the last 10 years or so, im all for it. :oldlol:

Knicks just got raped? By picking up a scoring option when we desperately needed one? Lets take a look at the Nuggets right now. The Hawks of the Western Conference. Koufus, Karl, and Iggy abandoned ship. What are your thoughts on Javale Mcgee starting next season?

longtime lurker
06-30-2013, 07:20 PM
You'd think the Knicks would know better than to trade with Ujiri. The man is a damn magician. This isn't a horrible trade for the Knicks as far as Barganis upside but the fact they're throwing in picks makes it an automatic loss. Seriously why throw in picks? Raptors should be giving them picks to take Bargani off their hands.

Haymaker
06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Amare stays? Who comes off the bench?

HomieWeMajor
06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
http://klat.com/sites/default/files/ujiri.jpg

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Bargs doesn't really have that great of an iso game. He can do that to a slower defender, but he gets stuck against a better one. Every time I see him try to create, it's either step back long 2 or 3 and driving to the rim where he usually doesn't convert. He's can hit the post up mid-range shot and pull up mid-range shot very well.

The Knicks just have to utilize him right. What happens to Stoudemire now ? Reduced minutes ?

T-Time3
06-30-2013, 07:24 PM
good lawd can u believe this shit oh ma gawd..
ladies, and gentlemen, your New York No Picks
SMH

Eric Cartman
06-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Amare stays? Who comes off the bench?

My guess would be Amare starts. Either way they're ****ed.

Blue&Orange
06-30-2013, 07:25 PM
I honestly expected nothing else from ish retards.

Nets give everything for two old washed up players, great trade. Knicks basically get Bargnani for a 1st rounder and get rid of two bad contracts and it's a bad trade :lol

Bargs contract ends exactly when Melo, Stat and Chandler contract's ends, it's perfect.

Bargs can't rebound and defend? Well Novak can't also. I guess people are missing the fact Bargs is not going to be the franchise player, he is not even going to be Knicks second best player.

All Knicks fans seens Bargs destroy the Knicks more than once, offensively he is a tremendous threat and now he is going to be coached by someone that made Amare a decent defender.

Real Men Wear Green
06-30-2013, 07:26 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060628/060628_bargnani_vmed_5p.standard.jpg

not 1

not 2

not 3

not 4

not 5

not 6

not 7
Better players in the draft that year?

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Knicks just got raped? By picking up a scoring option when we desperately needed one?

They desperately needed another inefficient scorer, who lack creativity and who's 3 point shot has been consistently dropping over the years ?

I hope Bargs can do well, but he's got a lot to prove on a much bigger stage (even though Toronto pretty big, it's not New York or LA). Don't expect him to do much outside of scoring. He's like a bigger Ben Gordon, but if he can get hot on offense, he can be effective.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Better players in the draft that year?

Kelly Olynyk? Lucas Nogueira?

Boston trying to speak up about the draft :roll:

Johnny Jones
06-30-2013, 07:30 PM

Keep trying Boston
Damn you are melting down HARD. :lol

longtime lurker
06-30-2013, 07:31 PM

Nets give everything for two old washed up players, great trade. Knicks basically get Bargnani for a 1st rounder and get rid of two bad contracts and it's a bad trade :lol

Bargs contract ends exactly when Melo, Stat and Chandler contract's ends, it's perfect.

Bargs can't rebound and defend? Well Novak can't also. I guess people are missing the fact Bargs is not going to be the franchise player, he is not even going to be Knicks second best player.

All Knicks fans seens Bargs destroy the Knicks more than once, offensively he is a tremendous threat and now he is going to be coached by someone that made Amare a decent defender.

I agree with you that ISH is full of retards. But you can't compare KG and Pierce who still have value to Bargani who has negative value. Really the only reason this would be a poor trade for the Knicks is the picks. Otherwise losing Novak and Camby is no big deal.

The JKidd Kid

Actually the Nets gave up a bunch of overpaid scrubs and 2 picks guaranteed to NOT be in the lottery and one POSSIBLE lottery pick for two old ALL STARS on SHORT TERM contracts.

Legends66NBA7
Damn, I never thought I would see the day there would be so many Bargnani avatars.

Did el gringos hack the Knick fans accounts ?

christian1923
06-30-2013, 07:32 PM
We need a PG!!! How much is collision gonna command? I really want him as a change of pace back up or maybe even start.

Electric Slide
Knicks fans - Bargs will improve like James Harden did with a better team and situation.

Everyone else that is rational -

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/nxkih3.jpg.gif

kNicKz
They desperately needed another inefficient scorer, who lack creativity and who's 3 point shot has been consistently dropping over the years ?

I hope Bargs can do well, but he's got a lot to prove on a much bigger stage (even though Toronto pretty big, it's not New York or LA). Don't expect him to do much outside of scoring. He's like a bigger Ben Gordon, but if he can get hot on offense, he can be effective.
he's better than Amare at this point so :confusedshrug:

G-train
06-30-2013, 07:34 PM

They are both bad trades.

kNicKz
Damn you are melting down HARD. :lol

april 2013 speaking on a meltdown

crazy

been watching the knicks **** themselves over for 20 years. This doesn't even bring me out of my seat

Real Men Wear Green

Boston trying to speak up about the draft :roll:
What's wrong with Olynyk? The Cs got an All-American with the 13th pick in the draft. Meanwhile Bargs was picked #1 and can't rebound or defend and scores inefficiently.

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Knicks fans - Bargs will improve like James Harden did with a better team and situation.

:wtf:

Which Knick fan said this ?

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 07:35 PM

nets gave up 6 players that didn't play and averaged a combined 25 ppg. nets received 3 players that averaged a combined 44 ppg. knicks are improving their shooting, i'm not knocking them but nets are not "giving up everything". they gave up nothing.

Blue&Orange
06-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Nice to see you still buthurt, knicks get raped? How dumb are you?

jimmy77x
06-30-2013, 07:36 PM

Everyone else that is rational -

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/nxkih3.jpg.gif

Yet Another RG account confirmed. How much of a loser do you have to be to have 10+ accounts :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:37 PM
he's better than Amare at this point so :confusedshrug:

Speaking of whom, what happens to him now ? They really going to bring him off the bench ?

Real Men Wear Green
06-30-2013, 07:37 PM
nets gave up 6 players that didn't play and averaged a combined 25 ppg. nets received 3 players that averaged a combined 44 ppg. knicks are improving their shooting, i'm not knocking them but nets are not "giving up everything". they gave up nothing.
They did send the Cs 3 first round picks.

Real Men Wear Green
06-30-2013, 07:40 PM
To be fair to NY, if you think Bargs' flaws are acceptable for his offense, the only asset they're surrendering is a first round pick. I wouldn't have done it because I don't think you can win with a big playing as soft as he does but he could complement Melo offensively. The D will just be trash whenever Chandler sits.

Legends66NBA7
What's wrong with Olynyk? The Cs got an All-American with the 13th pick in the draft.

Born in Toronto. :pimp:

kNicKz
Speaking of whom, what happens to him now ? They really going to bring him off the bench ?

I'm hoping we can somehow get rid of him lol. His contract might as well be a no trade clause though because of how big it is :facepalm

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Knicks just got raped? By picking up a scoring option when we desperately needed one? Lets take a look at the Nuggets right now. The Hawks of the Western Conference. Koufus, Karl, and Iggy abandoned ship. What are your thoughts on Javale Mcgee starting next season?

ah yes...changing the subject because you are losing this debate so badly :oldlol:

but ill play. koufus was traded - didnt abandon ship. karl was let go - didnt abandon ship. iggy just a FA who we can keep - didnt abandon ship. 0 for 3.

in fact the only guy you could say abandoned ship was masai - the guy who just raped the knicks

It's A VC3!!!
yeah, great for the celtics. i can't worry about that though. as a celtics fan, i'm sure your hoping they turn out lottery picks. right now, i just wrote on what the celtics got that is guaranteed. and that's the players i mentioned. i don't know if the picks will be worth. the 2016 and 2018 one could be very nice ( if nets get dont get kd, lol) but the nets window is too small to think about that.

Blue&Orange
The underrating of the Knicks is already in full force just like last year, let me just say what i said last year, good luck in finishing ahead of the knicks.

qrich

Nets gave up three firsts for an, at best, two year window.

Knicks gave up a first for what? A minimal upgrade with a huge salary? And what good is it to "dump" two "bad" contracts when you are receiving an atrocious one in return.

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 07:42 PM

They are more or less, desperate.

Real Men Wear Green
06-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Born in Toronto. :pimp:
I didn't follow Gonzga at all but the youtube vids I've watched make him look like he could be a roleplayer, and you don't get a lot more than that with the 13th pick. And if he fails, it's not like he's a #1 pick like a certain Bustnani..

The JKidd Kid
06-30-2013, 07:44 PM

Two of them are GUARANTEED to be non-lottery with one being a POSSIBLE lottery pick in 2018. So basically they gave up a pick that could maybe be decent, and two mid-late picks. Thats basically nothing. The trade is a huge win for the Nets on almost all fronts; Financially, talent-wise, locker room-wise and marketing

Legends66NBA7
I'm hoping we can somehow get rid of him lol. His contract might as well be a no trade clause though because of how big it is :facepalm

If he continues to get injured for the Knicks or any other team, I think it's time for him to also call it a career.

It's A VC3!!!
and also the celtics are too good to tank right now. although they lack a center, a front line of green and gerald and a back court of rondo, bradley and marshon are an 8th seed in the east. bradley, green and gerald are defensive specialists. idk the celtics plans but their roster isn't atrocious.

Young X
06-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Ujiri = GOAT GM

Hope the Knicks have fun with that 3 rebound averaging bum :oldlol:

Knicks lose AGAIN :oldlol:

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:47 PM

pretty sure the nuggets werent in this deal. hence im not butthurt about anything. knick fans sure are though. :oldlol:

qrich
I didn't follow Gonzga at all but the youtube vids I've watched make him look like he could be a roleplayer, and you don't get a lot more than that with the 13th pick. And if he fails, it's not like he's a #1 pick like a certain Bustnani..

I was hoping both those bigs would drop to the Clips at #25, knew Kelly was really unlikely. Dude is going to be a solid scorer as a third option and a great glue guy, but that is about it. Like you said though, unless you hit a home run, can't ask much more from #13. Some recent picks at 13:

Kendall Marshall, Markieff Morris, Ed Davis, Ty Hansbrough, Brandon Rush & Julian Wright.

I take Kelly over all of those.

WhySoInsecure?
To be fair to NY, if you think Bargs' flaws are acceptable for his offense, the only asset they're surrendering is a first round pick. I wouldn't have done it because I don't think you can win with a big playing as soft as he does but he could complement Melo offensively. The D will just be trash whenever Chandler sits.
All I know is that we get out of Novak's final year and get a guy who will expire next year at the same time as Tyson/Amare/Melo. This will set us up to only have Felton on the books 2 summers from now. Melo should still be solid and we can use the money to go after another star.

Bargs can split 20/30 with Amare and he'll allow us to put Melo in the post as 3 man instead of at the 4.

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Ujiri = GOAT GM

and hes still helping denver out - we get the knicks pick in 2016! :cheers:

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:49 PM
ah yes...changing the subject because you are losing this debate so badly :oldlol:

but ill play. koufus was traded - didnt abandon ship. karl was let go - didnt abandon ship. iggy just a FA who we can keep - didnt abandon ship. 0 for 3.

in fact the only guy you could say abandoned ship was masai - the guy who just raped the knicks

You are weak as ****

First: Trying to make side comments like "wow, weak comeback" and "wow you are losing so badly" when there hasn't even been a debate :roll: You came in here as a salty Nuggets fan calling out a random post of mine and have yet to form anything remotely resembling a debate, so rewind a bit.

Secondly, you won't even be in the playoffs next year so I'm going to skip the Karl shit entirely

Third, we got raped? The raptors are going to be really good next year with Steve Novak and Marcus Camby :roll: The Bucks will have a better record next year.

In short: The Knicks will be in the playoffs next year, the raptors and nuggets won't be :confusedshrug: I can live with that. Can you? The fact that you are posting in this thread shows how salty you are.

Real Men Wear Green
06-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Two of them are GUARANTEED to be non-lottery with one being a POSSIBLE lottery pick in 2018. So basically they gave up a pick that could maybe be decent, and two mid-late picks. Thats basically nothing. The trade is a huge win for the Nets on almost all fronts; Financially, talent-wise, locker room-wise and marketing
2016 and 2018 are unprotected. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/06/27/boston-celtics-brooklyn-nets-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-kris-humphries-gerald-wallace/2465013/) 2014 has "some" protection, not sure what that means. Also, the Hawks can swap picks that year. So there's no guarantee any of those picks are non-lottery, just a solid chance 2014 is non-lottery.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 07:51 PM
pretty sure the nuggets werent in this deal. hence im not butthurt about anything. knick fans sure are though. :oldlol:

says the dude religiously posting in this thread

textbook post-melo stress disorder symptoms

there is help nugzfan, your 2025 draft picks will surely be of help

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:54 PM
You are weak as ****

First: Trying to make side comments like "wow, weak comeback" and "wow you are losing so badly" when there hasn't even been a debate :roll: You came in here as a salty Nuggets fan calling out a random post of mine and have yet to form anything remotely resembling a debate, so rewind a bit.

you have mistaken salty for a very entertained observer.

Secondly, you won't even be in the playoffs next year so I'm going to skip the Karl shit entirely

love to hear the reasoning here

Third, we got raped

agreed.

In short: The Knicks will be in the playoffs next year, the raptors and nuggets won't be :confusedshrug: I can live with that. Can you? The fact that you are posting in this thread shows how salty you are.

damn this deal was worse for NY than i thought. i imagine you actually crying behind the keyboard. :oldlol:

raps may or may not make the playoffs. same for denver and new york. thats a different subject (for which i am willing to discuss in a different thread if youd like - feel free to start it up). but i do understand why you are trying to desperately to change the subject. masai and the raps just raped new york (that makes it twice for him IIRC). and since denver has a 2016 NY pick it does affect the nugget a little. i am enjoying this thread tremendously. :rockon:

NugzFan
06-30-2013, 07:56 PM
says the dude religiously posting in this thread

textbook post-melo stress disorder symptoms

there is help nugzfan, your 2025 draft picks will surely be of help

post melo has been great. our record got better and better. thanks.

if you really want to know why i am posting in this thread so much is because the knicks just got raped, its was awesome, watching knick fans (mostly you) cry so hard and it may help our 2016 pick. thats why :oldlol:

The JKidd Kid
06-30-2013, 07:59 PM
2016 and 2018 are unprotected. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/06/27/boston-celtics-brooklyn-nets-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-kris-humphries-gerald-wallace/2465013/) 2014 has "some" protection, not sure what that means. Also, the Hawks can swap picks that year. So there's no guarantee any of those picks are non-lottery, just a solid chance 2014 is non-lottery.

I was exaggerating, but they might as well be guaranteed. Also, in 2016 Brook Lopez will be in his prime and Deron Williams will only be 31, that alone will get them to the playoffs in the East, so they get another pick in the 20s. 2018 is the only question mark and its impossible to predict what will happen, but based on the what the Nets ownership has already done to become contenders, I doubt that they would ever let this team become a team that gets a top 10 pick.

D-Rose
06-30-2013, 08:01 PM
I can't believe this happened. Not only does Toronto dump Bargs but they also get 3 picks? :roll: Holy shit.

The JKidd Kid
06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
you have mistaken salty for a very entertained observer.

love to hear the reasoning here

agreed.

damn this deal was worse for NY than i thought. i imagine you actually crying behind the keyboard. :oldlol:

raps may or may not make the playoffs. same for denver and new york. thats a different subject (for which i am willing to discuss in a different thread if youd like - feel free to start it up). but i do understand why you are trying to desperately to change the subject. masai and the raps just raped new york (that makes it twice for him IIRC). and since denver has a 2016 NY pick it does affect the nugget a little. i am enjoying this thread tremendously. :rockon:

Me too man, after taking so much sh*t from Knicks fans this year, its great to see them lose the little credibility they once had. First KG and Pierce go to the Nets, now this! Its like Christmas! :banana:

1~Gibson~1
06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Good move. This gives Melo/Amare room to work down low and an extra man on the perimeter. Defensively they'll have to team rebound more, but then again... Its Amare and Bargs so you cant rely too heavily on it.

The even better news is that he'll likely be a backup as long as Tyson Chandler is in the game rebounding shouldn't be a major issue.

You cant win an NBA championship with Bargnani as your starting PF/C, but he'd be solid backup.

kNicKz
06-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Can someone please explain to me how getting 5 years of steve novak , marcus camby, and picks 3 years away for bargs is rape? People are acting like we gave up melo. Camby and Novak didnt even play in our post season last year. Bargs gives us scoring on the bench. This is a low key deal being hyped up by ish . Nobody wants to talk about us stealing tim hardaway jr in the draft :roll: I look forward to the regular season

qrich
06-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Bargnani was about to be amnesty waived.

And they get 3 picks.

That is how.

The JKidd Kid
06-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Now its 3 picks :lol

UtahJazzFan88
06-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Bargnani was about to be amnesty waived.

And they get 3 picks.

That is how.

It's not like the Knicks were going to get him through the amnesty.

jzek
06-30-2013, 08:07 PM
he will get roasted by the ny media... suicide move from him :facepalm

Young X
06-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Bargs averaged:

12 pts on 12 shots
3 rebounds AS A SEVEN FOOTER
Shot under 40%
Grabbed 128 rebounds while attempting 123 threes

Knicks should be contracted from the NBA :oldlol:

1~Gibson~1
06-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Are the picks first round or second round?

Either way I wouldn't waste 3 draft picks on Bargs :lol

NuggetsFan
06-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Better than doing nothing I guess. Not like New York has much to work with in terms of trade pieces and either way going to be paying out the ass/strapped with contracts so not like AB's is going to fck things up much.

But dam Knicks aren't exactly built for the future and feels like they have no 1st round picks left. Nuggets have one, right to swap on another, Raptors picking up another.

Gringos dreams come true. Melo + a big white guy that can shoot. He's wanted to pair Melo&Bargnani and Bargnani like players forever.

HomieWeMajor
06-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Does Charles Oakley do toughness training like Hakeem does post moves training? Knicks should send Bargnani to him if he does.

daily
06-30-2013, 08:17 PM
This feels like the trade was made only because the Nets made big moves

It's not a horrible trade but it's not something that makes you think "oh man why didn't my team do that" more like "phew, glad my team didn't do that"

bagelred
06-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Whatever....this is disgusting. I don't even want to talk about. 3 picks for a player that has a bad contract and the team is absolutely desperate to get rid of. Only the Knicks can do this.

I like Steve Novak, and despite his limiations, the team generally plays well when he's on the floor though. I could care less about Camby as he was a total zero last year, but still, the Knicks need to find size desperately.

Honestly....Bargnani better revert back to 3 years ago for this to pay off, which is unlikely.

WhySoInsecure?
06-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Whatever....this is disgusting. I don't even want to talk about. 3 picks for a player that has a bad contract and the team is absolutely desperate to get rid of. Only the Knicks can do this.

I like Steve Novak, and despite his limiations, the team generally plays well when he's on the floor though. I could care less about Camby as he was a total zero last year, but still, the Knicks need to find size desperately.

Honestly....Bargnani better revert back to 3 years ago for this to pay off, which is unlikely.
Not like the Knicks would have been able to move Novak's 3 years and 2 years of Camby taking up a seat on the bench for anything else.

We swapped bad contracts and got a guy who can give us some scoring off the bench now that JR is gone.

G-train
06-30-2013, 08:24 PM
He will be playing a role that could be performed by Tolliver or similar in a good system.
That is just the salary side, let alone the draft picks.
It's just bad GM work. Its the opposite to what good organisations are going.

Knicks should have been tidying up a core based around Melo/Chandler/Shumpert with role players. Instead they are still throwing cash around on poor overpaid defender and giving up draft picks.
They should be trying to offload guys like Amare, not taking on similar situations.

SMH.

WhySoInsecure?
06-30-2013, 08:35 PM
He will be playing a role that could be performed by Tolliver or similar in a good system.
That is just the salary side, let alone the draft picks.
It's just bad GM work. Its the opposite to what good organisations are going.

Knicks should have been tidying up a core based around Melo/Chandler/Shumpert with role players. Instead they are still throwing cash around on poor overpaid defender and giving up draft picks.
They should be trying to offload guys like Amare, not taking on similar situations.

SMH.
1. Nobody is taking Amare, not this year. We have to hope that he can be healthy enough to give us 60 games and 25-30min a pop.

2. There have been some rumors involving Chandler but I doubt anything will go down.

3. They didn't take on a longer contract, they moved two useless equally bad contracts for a guy who can be a decent role player off the bench.

4. Their core consists of guys going into their early 30s so they need to do what they can to remain competitive.

5. Outside of Carmelo and Shumpert they have no trade chips and since they have no cap space they really have no flexibility.

G-train
06-30-2013, 08:50 PM
1. Nobody is taking Amare, not this year. We have to hope that he can be healthy enough to give us 60 games and 25-30min a pop.

2. There have been some rumors involving Chandler but I doubt anything will go down.

3. They didn't take on a longer contract, they moved two useless equally bad contracts for a guy who can be a decent role player off the bench.

4. Their core consists of guys going into their early 30s so they need to do what they can to remain competitive.

5. Outside of Carmelo and Shumpert they have no trade chips and since they have no cap space they really have no flexibility.

1. Doesn't nullify my point. They added another Amare, and if anything they should have subtracted the current one, and if they cant then stick with one not 2.

2. If Chandler is traded they are total dumbasses if not already. They played him too much and he broke down, but for 28 mpg is an elite nba player.

3. They traded 3 draft picks as well for a worse shooter than Novak and a far worse rebounder/defender. What do you expect Bargs usage to be?

4. You remain competitive by rounding out your side with shooters who can defend, and smart contracts.

5. Every player has a price, if anything they needed to add via subtraction.

and 6. they cocked up their roster management last season which hasn't helped either.

bagelred
06-30-2013, 08:51 PM
We swapped bad contracts and got a guy who can give us some scoring off the bench now that JR is gone.

I wouldn't assume JR is gone so fast. I think JR is gone only if another team "blows him away" with an offer. Anything close to Knicks offer and he's staying, in my opinion. Which team is actually going to make JR a huge offer? Milwaukee? Phoenix? Let's see it happen first.....

WhySoInsecure?
06-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't assume JR is gone so fast. I think JR is gone only if another team "blows him away" with an offer. Anything close to Knicks offer and he's staying, in my opinion.
I know, I'm just being optimistic and hoping that he doesn't.

G-train
06-30-2013, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't assume JR is gone so fast. I think JR is gone only if another team "blows him away" with an offer. Anything close to Knicks offer and he's staying, in my opinion. Which team is actually going to make JR a huge offer? Milwaukee? Phoenix? Let's see it happen first.....

Agreed, in fact I know it to be true from the horses mouth.

Bcogswell
06-30-2013, 08:59 PM
http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/20130509__masai-ujiri-denver-nuggets-050913xp1.jpg

Euroleague
06-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Bargnani is a joke of a player. The Knicks continue to be one of the dumbest teams ever.

bagelred
06-30-2013, 09:07 PM
I know, I'm just being optimistic and hoping that he doesn't.

I can't believe i have to defend JR...:lol ...but why do you want him gone? The Knicks are clearly a more talented team WITH him. He was our 2nd best scorer by far last year. Despite his playoff disappearance, Knicks HAVE to keep him. He's talent, and Knicks with no cap space can't replace that talent.

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 09:07 PM
wow. didn't know it was three picks. how stupid can the knicks be? novak and camby are plenty but ujiri is trying to milk as much as he can. even throwing in one pick it too much, let alone 3.:facepalm
the knicks finished 25th in rebounding last season. bargnani fixes that how?:oldlol:

DG#8
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Euroleague "spoken truth" said it now I feel bargnani will redeem himself

WhySoInsecure?
06-30-2013, 09:13 PM
I can't believe i have to defend JR...:lol ...but why do you want him gone? The Knicks are clearly a more talented team WITH him. He was our 2nd best scorer by far last year. Despite his playoff disappearance, Knicks HAVE to keep him. He's talent, and Knicks with no cap space can't replace that talent.
He's by far the dumbest player in the league (and that's hard to pull off).
He had a nice stretch in the final quarter of the season but that was mostly against lottery teams. He's still a chuck and as bad as he was on offense, it was his defense that really hurt us in the playoffs. If he didn't gamble so much and got beat off the ball we'd never have Lance put up more than 10pts.

lpublic_enemyl
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
knicks got hustled. Masai :bowdown: :bowdown:

Heavincent
06-30-2013, 09:23 PM

What a shit trade. The Knicks now have two injury prone, grossly overpaid PF's who play no defense.

Zan Tabak
06-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Someone pinch me, and tell me this isn't a dream...

Thanks Knicks!! :cheers:

WhySoInsecure?
06-30-2013, 09:28 PM

What a shit trade. The Knicks now have two injury prone, grossly overpaid PF's who play no defense.
2 > 1

bagelred
06-30-2013, 09:34 PM
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 1m

UPDATE: Knicks trade for Bargnani will NOT be approved by NBA tonight. As a result, teams will have to restructure under 2013-14 cap figures

They'll need to rework it somehow.

Qwyjibo
06-30-2013, 09:38 PM
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 09:43 PM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
:oldlol:

the knicks are the worst franchise in all of sports. 3 picks and 2 players for a injury prone forward that conflicts with amare. so now the knicks have two forwards making a combined $30 million....:facepalm worst of all, one will be coming off the bench.:oldlol:
bargnani also gets a $500,000 trade kicker bonus. just give me that check bargz and you keep the rest.:pimp:

Nets fan 93
06-30-2013, 09:49 PM
So the Knicks will have to sign and trade one of their free agents

kaiteng
06-30-2013, 10:05 PM
So Bargnani's value is that low? Hmm, sure, please take him and his Primo pasta for anything.

Peteballa
06-30-2013, 10:05 PM
****ing Knicks :facepalm why do you guys do this to yourselves

longtime lurker
06-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Wait is 3 picks for real? Seriously there is no defending this trade if true. One pick was bad enough, but 3? Wow Knicks :facepalm There's literally no possible upside to this deal.

bluechox2
06-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Wait is 3 picks for real? Seriously there is no defending this trade if true. One pick was bad enough, but 3? Wow Knicks :facepalm There's literally no possible upside to this deal.

no, stupid net fans joined into the discussion about giving up 3 picks for their deal and then some idiots took that as the knicks and went with it
i dont see anywhere about giving up 3 picks, only 1 pick so far

Pistol Pete
06-30-2013, 10:21 PM
no, stupid net fans joined into the discussion about giving up 3 picks for their deal and then some idiots took that as the knicks and went with it
i dont see anywhere about giving up 3 picks, only 1 pick so far

Re-read the reports then, Knicks giving up 2016 1st, 2017 2nd rounder, and 2014 2nd rounder (OKC)

bluechox2
06-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Re-read the reports then, Knicks giving up 2016 1st, 2017 2nd rounder, and 2014 2nd rounder (OKC)

yea just saw from woj, yall were acting like they were 1st rounders

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 10:25 PM
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!

Read that it's till July 10th.

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2013, 10:29 PM

I knew there was one 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, not all 1st rounders. That would have been a bigger steal than it is.

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 9m
Already hearing whispers Kenyon Martin not interested in being signed-and-traded to Toronto, so teams will likely have to try another way.

longtime lurker
06-30-2013, 10:33 PM

Still a first rounder for Bargani is still waaay too much. Two seconds is a stretch but it's not like they'll matter anyways.

red1
06-30-2013, 10:40 PM
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!

are you ****ing serious

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50d1ffef69beddf37a000010/barack-obama-looked-irritated-when-jake-tapper-asked-him-the-gun-control-question-everyone-was-waiting-for.jpg

daily
06-30-2013, 10:44 PM
The trade is fine. It's a timing thing and slight adjustment for the new cap, it'll still go through

It's A VC3!!!
06-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Ken Berger @KBergCBS

One exec of Knicks' deal to acquire Bargnani, an overpriced luxury: "Now that the Nets put their wallet down, the Knicks had to keep up.

HarryCallahan
06-30-2013, 10:49 PM

Knick fan trying to say the Spurs are a mess..? :lol

Too much son, turn it down a little.

GatorKid117
06-30-2013, 11:20 PM
http://postmediacanada.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/preseasonm.jpg

Higher Meaning
06-30-2013, 11:20 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

bluechox2
06-30-2013, 11:24 PM
wud be a better deal if they just take amare

DStebb716
06-30-2013, 11:26 PM
I hate Bargnani, but let's be serious here... The second rounders are second rounders. Most of those picks are foreign players that never cross the pacific/atlantic or touch an NBA basketball. That first rounder is the only valuable piece. They'll be dumping two contracts that will make it equal to Bargnani's bad deal.

Bargnani can at least give them something off the bench. Good move. (I can't believe I just said that).

ALBballer
06-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Not a big of a fan of Bargs but why not. Camby and Novak are overpaid and both will regress. Bargs is still 27 and is 7 feet tall.

ClutchOver9000
06-30-2013, 11:45 PM
I hate Bargnani, but let's be serious here... The second rounders are second rounders. Most of those picks are foreign players that never cross the pacific/atlantic or touch an NBA basketball. That first rounder is the only valuable piece. They'll be dumping two contracts that will make it equal to Bargnani's bad deal.

Bargnani can at least give them something off the bench. Good move. (I can't believe I just said that).

Somehow, your post actually put me somewhat at ease. For that, I thank you... :cheers:

ILLsmak
06-30-2013, 11:49 PM
yall gon eat shit when Barg balls.

Dude is a talent, period. Haters gone hate.

Wait until he's on a contender. Dude has... balls of steel.

-Smak

D-Rose
07-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Some breaking news:

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Raptors just completed trade the of Andrea Bargnani to the Knicks, a source told Yahoo! Sports

They must have found a way.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Some breaking news:

They must have found a way.

NBA WATCH OUT!

Bargs will win MIP, possibly MVP if the rest of NY steps up, and the Knicks' only downfall will be if Melo and Bargs and coexist. Melo got dat ego and I don't know how he will handle playing next to a more talented player.

Grinder
07-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Bargnani would actually be a nice fit next to Tyson Chandler and Melo. Both of those guys are good enough rebounders to compensate for Bargnani and he's highly skilled offensively and also fills the need as a floor spacer.

flipogb
07-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Knicks should copy the old Lakers front court rotation, worked perfectly and spread the minutes nicely. one of Bargnani or Chandler will always be in the game and Amare will come in for either one, with all 3 getting 30+ mins.

Hoopz2332
07-01-2013, 02:25 AM

SpurrDurr
07-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Finally he ll get to play with a good defensive center, so we ll see if this new situation can help him.

Now Knicks will need to move Amare, but which team would want him?

bdreason
07-01-2013, 03:01 AM
Bargnani is pure garbage. Doesn't rebound, doesn't defend... and he's a stretch 4 who can't shoot. :oldlol:

Not sure what NYK are thinking.

SpurrDurr
07-01-2013, 03:09 AM
Bargnani is pure garbage. Doesn't rebound, doesn't defend... and he's a stretch 4 who can't shoot. :oldlol:

Not sure what NYK are thinking.

He's not a good player but he's been used as a scapegoat in Toronto.
Last year he barely played and yet the Raptors were still bad.
It's not his fault if Colangelo drafter him as 1st pick in a really weak draft.

He like almost everyone deserve a second chance, i wouldn't be surprised if he put up decent stats next season.
On top of that his contract is way better than Amare's one, 22m for a bench player.

Wavy Crockett
07-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Glen Grunwald:

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/KILLAspit.gif

bdreason
07-01-2013, 03:15 AM
I defended Bargs for years... but there is no more defending him. The Raptors were significantly better when he got hurt last year, and a rookie PF took his spot in the rotation. Raptors went on like a 10 game win streak just by benching Bargnani. :oldlol:

Clutch
07-01-2013, 03:20 AM
What are the chances he'll be the most hated Knick within the first 2 months of the season ?

I say 80%.

For the record,I still have the feeling Tyson will remain my most hated Knick.

kaiteng
07-01-2013, 03:25 AM
I defended Bargs for years... but there is no more defending him. The Raptors were significantly better when he got hurt last year, and a rookie PF took his spot in the rotation. Raptors went on like a 10 game win streak just by benching Bargnani. :oldlol:
Bargs did have a real flash of him being great two seasons ago before he got hurt though. Plus, his gameplan under Sam Mitchell is probably the best, until the next two coaches tried too hard to "improve" him.

Bargs is more of a damaged good now. So fix and use him right and he can be fine.

madmax
07-01-2013, 03:25 AM
Bargs averaged:

12 pts on 12 shots
3 rebounds AS A SEVEN FOOTER
Shot under 40%
Grabbed 128 rebounds while attempting 123 threes

Knicks should be contracted from the NBA :oldlol:

:lol
anyway, I already like what I see from Masai very much...more moves like this and Raptors may even make playoffs next season:eek:

Done_And_Done
07-01-2013, 04:11 AM
NBA WATCH OUT!

Bargs will win MIP, possibly MVP if the rest of NY steps up, and the Knicks' only downfall will be if Melo and Bargs and coexist. Melo got dat ego and I don't know how he will handle playing next to a more talented player.

Is this real life?

LongLiveTheKing
07-01-2013, 04:14 AM
NBA WATCH OUT!

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic. :biggums:

Rameek
07-01-2013, 04:21 AM
This organization is terrible!:facepalm :biggums:

SevereUpInHere
07-01-2013, 04:28 AM
Man, elgringos owns my soul.

Can't believe this actually happened.

Never really see this guy play, so can't comment much on his game, but he can't contribute any less than Novak and Camby did this year. Can't believe we gave a 40 yo a 3 year contract, we have actually done well getting out of Kidd and Camby's contracts. Time will tell on the others. We'll have some huge expirers year after next. Costs us more in the short term, but are out of Novaks final year at 3.7m.

Blue&Orange
07-01-2013, 06:04 AM
. Bargs contract ends when Melo, Amare and Chandler contract ends, it doesn't crippled the Knicks in any way.

. Knicks get rid of their two worst contracts, one of them that went beyond 14\15.

. Knicks give one late 1st round pick for a talent like Bargs, there was a time Knicks were giving away picks to only get rid of players and people were praising the GM (Walsh).

. If no team offer more than $5 mil to Jr (completely possible)

Felton\Prigi\Jr
Shump\Jr\Hardway
Melo\Hardway\Copeland
Amare\Bargs\CJ Lelsie
Chandler

Yep turrible team

Melo finally will be able to play consistently at 3, and Bargs will get to be coached by the guy that turned Amare and Copeland into ok defenders.

Good news for Amare also, he will be able to get back to his good ol' D'Antoni days, with Knicks going small, with Bargs as a stretch 4, giving all the space of the world in the paint for Stat.

U now idiots are mad when you see them saying Novak is a better rebounder, defender and shooter. :roll:

You just been waiting months in the shadows for something remotely bad (in your pea size brain) to happen to come out with your butthurt unfunny comments, how pathetic are u?

Kujo
07-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Good riddance Andrea. Finally. I would have settled for a just a 1st round pick. Anything else was icing on the cake.

I expect the Raps to waive Camby.

All Net
07-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Knicks fans are good to eat him alive..

fiddy
07-01-2013, 06:12 AM
Worse than the celtics-nets trade. :oldlol:

kurple
07-01-2013, 06:14 AM
everyone is laughing at the knicks. why cant the nuggets fans do that as well without being called butt hurt?

and raps fans needs to know that we got 1st dibs on that #16 pick. And you'll get the worst of ours or the knicks 1st round pick

:bowdown: to Masai. He'll be in the basketball hall of fame because of the knicks stupidity

kurple
07-01-2013, 06:18 AM
i just dont see bargs being that great playing off the ball. And we all know he's gonna do that 90% of the time playing with Melo

Trentknicks
07-01-2013, 06:20 AM
everyone is laughing at the knicks. why cant the nuggets fans do that as well without being called butt hurt?

and raps fans needs to know that we got 1st dibs on that #16 pick. And you'll get the worst of ours or the knicks 1st round pick

:bowdown: to Masai. He'll be in the basketball hall of fame because of the knicks stupidity
It's not nuggets fans, it poor excuses for them such as yourself and nugzfan, who happen to enter every knick related thread to post negative garbage. IF your so secure, then why consistently enter these threads to post rubbish?

The picks hurt, but knicks never build through the draft and turned two very minor contributors who never play into a solid rotational piece, don't see how it's so horrible? Not like Carter or any other Raptors player who bailed didn't play poorly to request a trade and let's not even begin to act like the raptors even remotely know how to use their players in the right situation.

kurple
07-01-2013, 06:33 AM
It's not nuggets fans, it poor excuses for them such as yourself and nugzfan, who happen to enter every knick related thread to post negative garbage. IF your so secure, then why consistently enter these threads to post rubbish?

The picks hurt, but knicks never build through the draft and turned two very minor contributors who never play into a solid rotational piece, don't see how it's so horrible? Not like Carter or any other Raptors player who bailed didn't play poorly to request a trade and let's not even begin to act like the raptors even remotely know how to use their players in the right situation.
no one wanna talk Nuggets, Bucks, Hawks, Wolves etc on ISH

should I stay away from the Knicks threads because some knicks fans might get their feelings hurt?

i've seen 30+ people say the knicks got raped or something similar. But some knicks fans always seems to make a huge deal about it whenever a nuggets fan says something like that

I dont hate this trade for the knicks. Bamby was useless and should have never been signed in the 1st place. But Novak IMO is a better fit than Bargs. Neither play defense, neither rebound, but at least one can be a threat from behind the arc.

And it's not like the knicks ****ed themselfs financially with this trade. They were ****ed long before this

Hoopz2332
07-01-2013, 06:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l5vfZxr.png

SevereUpInHere
07-01-2013, 07:28 AM
no one wanna talk Nuggets, Bucks, Hawks, Wolves etc on ISH

should I stay away from the Knicks threads because some knicks fans might get their feelings hurt?

i've seen 30+ people say the knicks got raped or something similar. But some knicks fans always seems to make a huge deal about it whenever a nuggets fan says something like that

I dont hate this trade for the knicks. Bamby was useless and should have never been signed in the 1st place. But Novak IMO is a better fit than Bargs. Neither play defense, neither rebound, but at least one can be a threat from behind the arc.

And it's not like the knicks ****ed themselfs financially with this trade. They were ****ed long before this

Teams have Novak completely figured out. I can't speak on Bargs cos I've barely even seen him play, but if you watched us at all over the end of the season, he was a complete liability. Glad he's gone.

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 08:12 AM
This is actually a good trade for the Knicks.
With AB, the Knicks don't have to rely on Amare. They can look to buy him out or trade him, probably buy him out.
AB's game is a better fit with Melo and Chandler on the floor.

chosen_wun
07-01-2013, 08:13 AM
What team trying to win a championship would willingly take on Bargnani ?...

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 08:14 AM

A team that doesn't want to rely on Amare Stoudemire and his injuries and lack of fit with Melo and Chandler.

Dro
07-01-2013, 08:16 AM
:lol

SpurrDurr
07-01-2013, 08:17 AM

You think the NY franchise ever tried to win a championship? I hope not cause that would be embarassing.

T-Time3
07-01-2013, 08:18 AM

knicks front office never dissapoint :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
why NY why :cry:

Real Men Wear Green
07-01-2013, 08:40 AM
I was exaggerating, but they might as well be guaranteed. Also, in 2016 Brook Lopez will be in his prime and Deron Williams will only be 31, that alone will get them to the playoffs in the East, so they get another pick in the 20s. 2018 is the only question mark and its impossible to predict what will happen, but based on the what the Nets ownership has already done to become contenders, I doubt that they would ever let this team become a team that gets a top 10 pick.
You are assuming the team will be good years into the future when two of the teams four or five best players are past 35 and there's no superstar. That's not a safe assumption.

chosen_wun
07-01-2013, 08:48 AM
A team that doesn't want to rely on Amare Stoudemire and his injuries and lack of fit with Melo and Chandler.
So you trade for another injury prone player who's even worse ?
:biggums:

Hoopz2332
07-01-2013, 08:49 AM
knicks front office never dissapoint :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
why NY why :cry:

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 08:53 AM
So you trade for another injury prone player who's even worse ?
:biggums:

Yea but no one really thinks AB's injuries are long term, unfortunately for Amare - most do.

East_Stone_Ya
07-01-2013, 09:09 AM
HAHAHHA Knicks fans you deserved it

RapsFan
07-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Seeing Bargnani play in NY will be hysterical. He had to be subbed out of games last season after 30 seconds because of all the boos from the home team. Anyone who thinks he will bring anything to the table is mistaken. Novak is better at this point. The 'unique skill set' he has is a total farce. It's code for 'big man who just shoot jumpers'. He's not even that good of a shooter. I am shocked anyone took him off our hands for anything other then a worse contract. To get a first rounder in the package, no matter what the number, is incredible.

Doko
07-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Seeing Bargnani play in NY will be hysterical. He had to be subbed out of games last season after 30 seconds because of all the boos from the home team. Anyone who thinks he will bring anything to the table is mistaken. Novak is better at this point. The 'unique skill set' he has is a total farce. It's code for 'big man who just shoot jumpers'. He's not even that good of a shooter. I am shocked anyone took him off our hands for anything other then a worse contract. To get a first rounder in the package, no matter what the number, is incredible.

Or maybe you're just a dumb hater? :rolleyes:
just sayin, ofc you know better than NY and GS GMs lol

PJR
07-01-2013, 09:44 AM
I swear the Knicks are the gift that keeps giving. Bargani is a terrible basketball player. Absolutely terrible. Can't guard anyone. Isn't even that great of a shooter. He's the worst rebounding 7 footer of all time. He makes Mark Blount and Eddy Curry look like Ben Wallace on the boards. And they give up three draft picks, no less??????? :roll:

fiddy
07-01-2013, 09:44 AM

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 09:46 AM
yall gon eat shit when Barg balls.

Dude is a talent, period. Haters gone hate.

Wait until he's on a contender. Dude has... balls of steel.

-Smak

No offense, but you have a history of being wrong on just about everything.

RapsFan
07-01-2013, 10:19 AM

I see you're still the Bargs homer you've been on the raptors forum for years. Reality is, opinions on this guy are pretty universal.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Weak frontline. NY is basically the Heat just without Lebron. :oldlol:

kshutts1
07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I don't understand the Bargs hate. Is it just because he was first overall? Or just because he's 7 feet and doesn't play like one?

But take out last year... and look at the three years before that. Pretty solid numbers. Don't ask him to be Reggie Evans or Tyson Chandler, because he's not... but he can score and shoot and create mismatches.

And it's not like the Knicks gave up a lot in rebounding and defense, anyway. Camby rarely played and Novak, while a better shooter, was worse at the other two.

knickswin
07-01-2013, 10:52 AM
giving up the pick is kind of dumb although maybe they are assuming they are still going to be a playoff team in 3 years which is not an unreasonable assumption. It's not like a pick in the 20's is that valuable.

it's kind of a risky move because Andrea was injured a lot last year and he played like crap. I don't actually hate it though. They're buying low with Bargnani because he's shown signs of being a talented offensive player and his game fits in very well with Carmelo and Tyson. I like Novak, but he's given the team nothing for two years in a row in the playoffs (can't put the ball on the floor = too easy to cover), and Camby is obviously a waste of space.

I'm really interested to see how Bargnani fits on the Knicks. I was starting to lose interest with this team, but this has me interested.

Zan Tabak
07-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't understand the Bargs hate. Is it just because he was first overall? Or just because he's 7 feet and doesn't play like one?

It's also because Toronto expected him to be the go-to-guy. And he failed miserably. He turned out to be basically Toni Kukoč (a poor mans version). With the opportunity he was given, most NBA players would of done a way better job.

So in a nutshell, he was frustrating as f**k to watch and the vibe that he just didn't care really started rubbing people in Toronto the wrong way.

He could be a decent option for the Knicks if they use him properly. They just have to accept who he is, and what he brings to the table.

knickswin
07-01-2013, 11:03 AM

But take out last year... and look at the three years before that. Pretty solid numbers. Don't ask him to be Reggie Evans or Tyson Chandler, because he's not... but he can score and shoot and create mismatches.

And it's not like the Knicks gave up a lot in rebounding and defense, anyway. Camby rarely played and Novak, while a better shooter, was worse at the other two.

I understand why Toronto hates him ... pretty much a bust ... lazy Italian attitude ... soft game ... but his game doesn't match the hate. he's pretty impressive at times, probably the most fluid player of his size in the league. really good fit for the knicks too and the change in scenery could help him although there's also a chance new york could eat him alive.

kshutts1
07-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I understand why Toronto hates him ... pretty much a bust ... lazy Italian attitude ... soft game ... but his game doesn't match the hate. he's pretty impressive at times, probably the most fluid player of his size in the league. really good fit for the knicks too and the change in scenery could help him although there's also a chance new york could eat him alive.

Too true. However, have some reasonable expectations (hard for this board to do) and Bargs should make you relatively happy as a fan. He's certainly not a go-to scorer, and he's not a defensive ace, but then again, Melo and Chandler, respectively, cover those "holes". Short of the Lakers, I think the Knicks are the best team fit for him. Not saying he will, or will not, work out, but it's the best fit currently, if he is to succeed.

bagelred
07-01-2013, 11:20 AM
giving up the pick is kind of dumb although maybe they are assuming they are still going to be a playoff team in 3 years which is not an unreasonable assumption. It's not like a pick in the 20's is that valuable.

The 2016 pick is the swapped pick to Denver, so if Knicks have a better pick than Denver, Denver takes the pick. So even if Knicks DID win the lottery, Denver's taking it anyway. And Toronto will get Denver's pick.

I hate giiving up 1st rounder, but its not gonna be a franchise changing pick like Clippers and Kyrie Irving. :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't understand the Bargs hate.
An in-depth explanation. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194061)

knickswin
07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Too true. However, have some reasonable expectations (hard for this board to do) and Bargs should make you relatively happy as a fan. He's certainly not a go-to scorer, and he's not a defensive ace, but then again, Melo and Chandler, respectively, cover those "holes". Short of the Lakers, I think the Knicks are the best team fit for him. Not saying he will, or will not, work out, but it's the best fit currently, if he is to succeed.

I'm not setting my expectations too high, but I think he will be a pleasant surprise to most Knicks fans cuz this dude's got more offensive game than anyone on the team not named Carmelo. I just worry that people will hate him before giving him a chance at all. that said, if he plays like he played last year, I will hate him too.

fragokota
07-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Those Knicks will never learn....it's a shame such a for the knicks fans to keep seing louzy teams year after year

bagelred
07-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Those Knicks will never learn....it's a shame such a for the knicks fans to keep seing louzy teams year after year

Exactly!!! When Knicks had 2nd best record in East last year, I just laughed my ass off. :oldlol: Pathetic ass franchise. They'll never learn.....

RapsFan
07-01-2013, 02:15 PM
As long as Knick fans realize they are getting a jump shooter, THAT'S IT, then he will meet your expectations. He does not create mismatches. You can literally put your worst defender on him, pretty much regardless of size. It's a huge myth that he has this vast offensive repertoire.

The 3 season's before last, you have to remember he had a GM who was doing whatever it took to justify his selection of 1st overall and the team built for years with Bargnani as the main cog. He was force fed the ball, regardless of how terrible he played.

The JKidd Kid
07-01-2013, 10:01 PM
You are assuming the team will be good years into the future when two of the teams four or five best players are past 35 and there's no superstar. That's not a safe assumption.

Thats not what I'm assuming actually. I am assuming that in 2016 and 2014, when our main players will either be in their prime, or in Joe Johnsons case, declining very little because his game is based off of skill, that the team will be good. What I said about 2018 is that based off of our ownerships track record, I highly doubt that they would let this team either miss the playoffs, or get a top 5 pick. Its also a much better assumption than assuming that theyll be bad, especially since our owner is willing to spend whatever is needed to make this team competitive.