PDA

View Full Version : Spurs trading for Marcin Gortat

Wonder Bread Kid
07-01-2013, 06:12 PM
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/351819578650800129

kamil
07-01-2013, 06:13 PM
If he replaces Splitter, this will be a good move. That guy was a COMPLETE scrub in the finals for San Antonio, dude couldnt do anything right.

Orlando Magic
07-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Heh... not good for the league.

Levity
I wonder what the offer towards the suns is. They could use help in every position, besides PG. I know the suns want to get rid of Gortat, now more than ever since drafting Len, but do spurs have pieces the suns would want? Would there be better trade partners out there for the suns?

Id imagine Danny Green would be one of the names involved. Mostly cause Kawhi will be off limits.

Wonder Bread Kid
Gortat/Baynes
Duncan/Diaw
Leonard/AK47
Green/Ginobili
Parker/Joseph

:cheers:

BlazersDozen
07-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Parker
Leonard
AK-47
Duncan
Gortat
???

bagelred
07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Sooooooooo..........why are they giving Gortat away for nothing?

DMAVS41
If they somehow get 47 and Gortat....they are going to be deadly if healthy next year.

SilkkTheShocker
I wonder who signs Splitter now.

Levity
07-01-2013, 06:19 PM

im thinking portland. potentially the mavs, if they lose out on every other center theyve been courting.

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 06:19 PM
If they somehow get 47 and Gortat....they are going to be deadly if healthy next year.

Weren't you just talking in another thread about how old they were? Jesus Christ, no posters contradicts himself as much as you.

Wonder Bread Kid
07-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Splitter would more than likely go to Suns in s&t for Marcin.

bigkingsfan
Too late.

SilkkTheShocker
im thinking portland. potentially the mavs, if they lose out on every other center theyve been courting.

Splitter/Leonard is a solid center combo.

bagelred
07-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Daryl Morey would get 4 1st round picks for Gortat. But the Suns will give him away to Spurs for cap space.

Sweet.

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 06:22 PM
If the Spurs getting Gortat and AK47, that will be real for the Heat to win again.

DMAVS41
07-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Weren't you just talking in another thread about how old they were? Jesus Christ, no posters contradicts himself as much as you.

What? How is it contradicting to say they weren't great in the finals....and say that adding two quality players (one of them being a perfect fit at center...the position they need help at the most) makes them a deadly team.

You people and your absolutes. A team either sucks or is great. A player is either terrible or the best ever.

Wake the **** up please...

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Splitter would more than likely go to Suns in s&t for Marcin.

Seems like kind of a lateral move, no? I know Gortat wanted out of Phoenix. But is one much better than the other? I didn't watch a lot of Phoenix last season. Maybe like 2 games.

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 06:25 PM
What? How is it contradicting to say they weren't great in the finals....and say that adding two quality players (one of them being a perfect fit at center...the position they need help at the most) makes them a deadly team.

You people and your absolutes. A team either sucks or is great. A player is either terrible or the best ever.

Wake the **** up please...

Please STFU. You have a history on here of flip-flopping as long as it fits your agenda. Don't deny it, son. We all know your little games.

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Why doesn't Cleveland trade for him?
Solid player with a cheap contract.
Stupid.

DMAVS41
07-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Please STFU. You have a history on here of flip-flopping as long as it fits your agenda. Don't deny it, son. We all know your little games.

Please give me some examples or STFU...

Wonder Bread Kid
07-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Seems like kind of a lateral move, no? I know Gortat wanted out of Phoenix. But is one much better than the other? I didn't watch a lot of Phoenix last season. Maybe like 2 games.

Gortat is a better finisher around the basket, shooter, pick and roll player.

Splitter is a better passer and maybe a better pnr defender.

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Why doesn't Cleveland trade for him?
Solid player with a cheap contract.
Stupid.

I would imagine because they already are paying big money to Varejao to play center. And there isn't enough minutes at PF with Thompson and now Bennett in the fold.

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I would imagine because they already are paying big money to Varejao to play center. And there isn't enough minutes at PF with Thompson and now Bennett in the fold.

They have 19 million in cap space.
They can move Bennett to small forward, and Varejao comes off the bench behind Gortat and Thompson.

Maybe the Cavs will go after Al Jefferson.
They need to do something.

Greg Oden 50
07-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Oden/Gortat/Baynes
Duncan/Diaw
Leonard/AK47
Green/Ginobili
Parker/Joseph

Carbine
07-01-2013, 06:41 PM
They have 19 million in cap space.
They can move Bennett to small forward, and Varejao comes off the bench behind Gortat and Thompson.

Maybe the Cavs will go after Al Jefferson.
They need to do something.

They don't need to do anything.

2014 Free Agent class is much better than this year.

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 06:43 PM
They don't need to do anything.

2014 Free Agent class is much better than this year.

Who wants to sign with a team that doesn't make the playoffs?
If a team wins, it's easier to get some free agents.
If Houston hadn't made it to the playoffs this year, it's unlikely Howard would be looking at them. If you look at his list, every team made the playoffs.

Carbine
07-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Money talks. Also, playing with Kyrie/Waiters/Bennett is appealing to anyone who wants to build something special.

SpecialQue
07-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Money talks.

And bullshit walks.

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Money talks. Also, playing with Kyrie/Waiters/Bennett is appealing to anyone who wants to build something special.

If Harden hadn't gotten the Rockets into the playoffs, then Howard and Smith wouldn't be looking to go there.

That's like a base foundation. Otherwise it's too much heavy lifting for the superstar player.

hawkfan
07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
And bullshit walks.

Minnesota has Rubio, Love and two first round picks this year. They should be able to compete for Howard and Smith, but that isn't happening.

Carbine
07-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Minnesota is not an appealing option at all for big time free agents because the team would lose one of their two big name players.

Totally different in Cleveland in 2014. Kyrie, Waiters, Bennett & Thompson aren't going anywhere for awhile.

TMT
07-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Looks like the Suns are trying to get rid of Gortat because of how much they love Len. So getting rid of his contract and required playing time is a must. That doesn't exactly make the S&T rumors for Splitter make sense though... and I would be crushed if we lost out Diaw in a deal like this.

TMT
07-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report 9m

New info: Source says Spurs apparently interested in Greg Oden and may slow things on the Gortat side. Heat are also interested in Oden.

Good move by Spurs. If we can somehow land Oden, no need to trade away anyone.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Spurs will land Oden and suddenly he will be healthy for the rest of his career. He was trolling the Blazers the entire time.

D-Rob to Duncan to Oden :facepalm

Haymaker
07-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Jesus Fvcking christ, Oden is broken, damaged goods. :facepalm WTF are they thinking?

O_City_Thunder
07-01-2013, 07:41 PM
While OKC just sits around and does absolutely nothing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SpecialQue
07-01-2013, 07:45 PM
While OKC just sits around and does absolutely nothing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I was thinking the same thing. They can't dump Perkins and do something, ANYTHING, to get Gortat?

wagexslave
07-01-2013, 07:57 PM
The Spurs can have him for nothing but draft picks for all I care as long as they take Michael Beasley along with him in the deal.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Maybe Presti's pride says to not do anything and let the current roster prove they can win a title? :confusedshrug:

TMT
07-01-2013, 09:28 PM
The Spurs can have him for nothing but draft picks for all I care as long as they take Michael Beasley along with him in the deal.

:oldlol: Michael Beasley is the exact opposite kind of person the Spurs are looking for on their team.

ElPigto
07-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Good move by Spurs. If we can somehow land Oden, no need to trade away anyone.

Huh?

:biggums:

wagexslave
07-01-2013, 10:48 PM
:oldlol: Michael Beasley is the exact opposite kind of person the Spurs are looking for on their team.
It's not all about what the Spurs want or it wouldn't be a trade. Sometimes you have to take the bad if you want the good.

leopoldstotch
07-01-2013, 11:24 PM
honestly i wouldn't be upset with taking Beasley for cheap and have him off the bench behind Leonard. Sure he'll be upset with it and wants to start, but got to set him straight if he wants to win a ring. :lol

leopoldstotch
07-01-2013, 11:25 PM
as for Gortat, if the Spurs somehow land him, and don't have to give up Diaw or a key component of the future, oh man. :applause:

El Kabong
07-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Maybe Presti's pride says to not do anything and let the current roster prove they can win a title? :confusedshrug:
Or his owner has given him a budget that he's not allowed to go over, so he's basically left to shuffle deck chairs at the moment.

ConanRulesNBC
07-01-2013, 11:47 PM
I never even thought of Gortat... holy crap that would be sick. He's a "Spurs type player" too.

Gortat
Duncan
Leonard
Green
Parker

Ginobili

Back in the finals next season. I'll be cheering for them too unless they play the Bulls.

veilside23
07-02-2013, 04:06 AM
gortat is one tough sob.... dude will be dunking all over em fools

SpurrDurr
07-02-2013, 04:30 AM
All these rumors are about big men... Oden, Gortat, AK47... seems like Lebron ended Tiago's journey in SA.

Anyway all solid names except for Oden but if he doesn't ask too much i'd be willing to take a bet on him.

Duncan mentoring an healhty Oden :bowdown:

wagexslave
07-02-2013, 04:43 AM
gortat is one tough sob.... dude will be dunking all over em fools
lol wut? Gortat practically never dunks. Dude is soft as ****.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Or his owner has given him a budget that he's not allowed to go over, so he's basically left to shuffle deck chairs at the moment.
that could be the case as well...

I'm starting to think this may be the actual perfect year for Brooks to actually work on some of those "project" players he seems to hate. Look at OKC's bench:

Thabeet
Adams
Collison
PJ3
Roberson
Liggins
Lamb
Jackson

Collison and Reggie Jackson will be the primary rotation players, right? Liggins and Thabeet came on w/ some mins late in the season, right? But Adams, PJ3, Roberson, and Lamb may as well get some good minutes to develop. Even if say just PJ3 and Lamb average 18~20 mins, I don't think that risks OKC doing any worse than a 3 seed. Hell, they could probably still get #1 seed if Brooks plays the project players.

kurple
07-02-2013, 05:16 AM
what does SAS have that PHX wants?

Haymaker
07-02-2013, 05:19 AM
what does SAS have that PHX wants? Splitter?

livingby3's
07-02-2013, 05:25 AM
I really don't see why Thunder is not targeting Gortat

kurple
07-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Splitter?
yeah maybe, how old is he again?

suns should be tanking hard, and i dont see that much upside in splitter

All Net
07-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Hardly a great source..

Doranku
07-02-2013, 06:46 AM
lol wut? Gortat practically never dunks. Dude is soft as ****.
Haven't seen much of Gortat, but I'm still confident that there is an absolute zero possibility he's softer than Splitter.

solar.hands
07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
honestly i wouldn't be upset with taking Beasley for cheap and have him off the bench behind Leonard. Sure he'll be upset with it and wants to start, but got to set him straight if he wants to win a ring. :lol
we can actually play small with beasly at 4

SpurrDurr
07-02-2013, 08:06 AM
we can actually play small with beasly at 4

None right in mind would want Beasly in their team, i'm sure Popovich feels the same.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Would rather not watch Miami play San Antonio again. My blood pressure just came down from the series.

B-Easy8
07-02-2013, 08:14 AM
None right in mind would want Beasly in their team, i'm sure Popovich feels the same.

Dude still has incredible talent he just needs to get over his mental issues.

A good, old team like the Spurs would set him straight.

Even if he isn't over the issues, on a deep team, he can come in and win you a game when he is hot and give the old starters a rest then can ride bench the next 5 to 10 games.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Dude still has incredible talent he just needs to get over his mental issues.

A good, old team like the Spurs would set him straight.

Even if he isn't over the issues, on a deep team, he can come in and win you a game when he is hot and give the old starters a rest then can ride bench the next 5 to 10 games.

Beasley's perceived talent has always been incredibly overrated.

BlazerRed
07-02-2013, 08:34 AM
I really don't see why Thunder is not targeting Gortat
Extremely surprised too.. he seems like the perfect replacement for the useless Perkins. They must have some confidence in Adams..

B-Easy8
07-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Beasley's perceived talent has always been incredibly overrated.

He played on my team so I know how much talent he has.

I have never seen someone with such little confidence. I really think he actually has a legit problem.

wagexslave
07-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Splitter?
Why? They just drafted Len and already have the Morris twins. Splitter isn't really needed.

Haymaker
07-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Why? They just drafted Len and already have the Morris twins. Splitter isn't really needed. Splitter could give them an experienced, healthy and level headed starting C to take some pressure off Len until he recovers from his injury and develops his game. Don't forget that they're trading Gortat because he's being a malcontent.

B-Easy8
07-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Why? They just drafted Len and already have the Morris twins. Splitter isn't really needed.

Tiago is an upgrade over the Morris twins.

I cant imagine the Suns would want Len to be the starting C from day one.

wagexslave
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Tiago is an upgrade over the Morris twins.

I cant imagine the Suns would want Len to be the starting C from day one.
What's the point in trading a starting caliber center for a backup caliber center... ?

wagexslave
07-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Splitter could give them an experienced, healthy and level headed starting C to take some pressure off Len until he recovers from his injury and develops his game. Don't forget that they're trading Gortat because he's being a malcontent.
Doesn't change the fact that it would still be a completely pointless trade for the Suns.

B-Easy8
07-02-2013, 09:45 AM
What's the point in trading a starting caliber center for a backup caliber center... ?

Gortat was unhappy all of last year. Maybe he is demanding a trade.

Surely the Spurs will have to throw in a little bit more than Splitter.

Bigsmoke
07-02-2013, 10:07 AM
i wanted Gortat or play for the Heat or Thunder

wagexslave
07-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Gortat was unhappy all of last year. Maybe he is demanding a trade.

Surely the Spurs will have to throw in a little bit more than Splitter.
I understand that he is unhappy and I am glad to see him get traded if he has that kind of attitude. But I think it's pretty safe to say the Suns could get better pieces for him from another team. The Suns need shooters. SGs or SFs. I'm sure there's a team out there that's willing to part with either a SG/SF or higher draft picks than the Spurs can offer for Gortat. I say wait for other offers. The offseason just started, no need to rush these things.

guy
07-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Spurs have about $18 million in capspace. They should be going after Al Jefferson and Andre Iguodala. Give them long-term contracts starting at about $9M each. Sell them on taking a few million less to compete for a championship. Why hasn't this been discussed? If they really want Manu back, offer him the minimum. If they can still swing the Gortat trade, then go for it. Imagine this lineup:

Starting 5:
Duncan
Jefferson
Leonard
Iggy
Parker
Bench:
Ginobili
Green
Gortat
Diaw
Neal
Mills
Blair

RoundMoundOfReb
07-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Good move for the spur s if it happens.

Carbine
07-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Spurs have about $18 million in capspace. They should be going after Al Jefferson and Andre Iguodala. Give them long-term contracts starting at about $9M each. Sell them on taking a few million less to compete for a championship. Why hasn't this been discussed? If they really want Manu back, offer him the minimum. If they can still swing the Gortat trade, then go for it. Imagine this lineup:

Starting 5:
Duncan
Jefferson
Leonard
Iggy
Parker
Bench:
Ginobili
Green
Gortat
Diaw
Neal
Mills
Blair

Nobody is discussing it because Iggy & Al won't entertain such offers.

ProfessorMurder
07-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I hope they get Gortat instead of Oden. You know what you're getting with Gortat, who knows what the f*ck Oden will bring?

SpecialQue
07-02-2013, 02:24 PM
I hope they get Gortat instead of Oden. You know what you're getting with Gortat, who knows what the f*ck Oden will bring?

His crutches.

Haymaker
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM

Exactly. Oden should be playing in D-league first to prove everyone that his knees are ok.

mentallooser
07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Spurs are usually excellent at gauging and maximizing talent. If they pick up Oden I think it'll be because they know he can actually contribute or be good for in practice. Gortat would be an absolutely excellent pickup. Very very good big who has never been properly utilized. Oden......SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Hurts to even think about, just like his knees.

D-Rose
07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't know whether to trust the "reporter" in the OP at all. He also said yesterday that Dwight's mind was made up on Dallas for sure...usually when someone tweets stuff like this it's some nobody but this guy is actually on some radio or tv show or something...but nothing he says is confirmed by or hinted at by any other major reporter.

I don't believe any of him honestly.