PDA

View Full Version : So DH asked Houston

Pointguard
07-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Could they get another Superstar? I don't get him. Even Miami doesn't have three superstars.

bluechox2
07-01-2013, 10:04 PM
:lol musta been asking for kobe

G-Funk
07-01-2013, 10:06 PM
lakers already have 3

The JKidd Kid
07-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Harden isn't a superstar, so if they acquired another then they would only have 2.

Real Men Wear Green
07-01-2013, 10:08 PM
If true the correct reply would be, "sure Dwight, just sign for the minimum."

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Harden isn't a superstar, so if they acquired another then they would only have 2.

He would be the best player on the Nets.

Inferno
07-01-2013, 10:09 PM
source?

Apogee
07-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Taken entirely out of context. DH asked if they had any other plans of signing a star. He didn't flat out ask them to get one :facepalm

The JKidd Kid
07-01-2013, 10:24 PM

LMAO you can troll better than that. I'm very disappointed in you. :roll:

chosen_one6
07-01-2013, 10:26 PM
LMAO you can troll better than that. I'm very disappointed in you. :roll:

Who is better than Harden on the Nets? Deron?

The JKidd Kid
07-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Who is better than Harden on the Nets? Deron?

Im about 95% sure that most coaches would rather have Deron or Lopez than Harden. Harden doesnt play defense, has no midrange game, drives for contact instead of trying to make a layup, takes too many contested 3s, an overrated passer and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. People are just blinded by his youth and their longing for a new star in the league.

Rose'sACL
07-01-2013, 10:31 PM
this is getting ridiculous. Post the source and you will see that he doesn't ask for that. Hating on Dwight is the cool thing now.

bmulls
07-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Im about 95% sure that most coaches would rather have Deron or Lopez than Harden. Harden doesnt play defense, has no midrange game, drives for contact instead of trying to make a layup, takes too many contested 3s, an overrated passer and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. People are just blinded by his youth and their longing for a new star in the league.

I like Deron and I think Lopez is underrated, but Harden is clearly better than both of them.

SilkkTheShocker
07-01-2013, 10:33 PM

That's cute.

The JKidd Kid
07-01-2013, 10:33 PM
I like Deron and I think Lopez is underrated, but Harden is clearly better than both of them.

Hes really not, Deron is an all around great player, Lopez is the best scoring center. Harden is a taller Monte Ellis with a better 3 pt shot.

oh the horror
07-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Taken entirely out of context. DH asked if they had any other plans of signing a star. He didn't flat out ask them to get one :facepalm

Which is basically asking them to get one dude.

RRR3
07-01-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

mugiwara
07-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Deron>>harden
JOe= harden
pierce>harden
Kg>>harden
Lopez>> harden

The JKidd Kid
07-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Deron>>harden
JOe= harden
pierce>harden
Kg>>harden
Lopez>> harden

Deron > Harden
Joe< Harden
Pierce< Harden
KG=Harden
Lopez > Harden

G-Funk
07-01-2013, 11:00 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif
whats so funny? hes a star player but far from a super star

Pointguard
07-02-2013, 12:28 AM
So you are saying he implied it? LOL, All I said is that he asked could they sign another one. What's your problem???

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22597577/report-dwight-howard-wants-houston-to-add-third-superstar

disel
07-02-2013, 12:39 AM
You are a complete moron.. Harden is 23 and averaged 26-6-5 and took a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs by himself..LOL Lopez or Williams having his value.

disel
07-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Deron > Harden
Joe< Harden
Pierce< Harden
KG=Harden
Lopez > Harden
This just proves it even more. KG>Harden? lool.. Deron>? hahahaha

disel
07-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Hes really not, Deron is an all around great player, Lopez is the best scoring center. Harden is a taller Monte Ellis with a better 3 pt shot.
Harden is one of the best playmaking SG's in the league if not the best. Ellis? the more you speak the dumber you look.

The JKidd Kid
07-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Harden is one of the best playmaking SG's in the league if not the best. Ellis? the more you speak the dumber you look.

Ellis is actually a very good play maker at the SG position, compared to PGs no, but compared to SGs hes top tier (averages more assists than Harden as a second ball handler.) And yes Harden is a great young player, but people are blinded by youth and flashy play. People want to jump on the new star and claim that hes "taking over" or hes the "best player at his position" while completely ignoring what veteran stars have accomplished in this league. Guys like Deron Williams are proven and very accomplished players that have developed an all around game and understand how to improve the players around them. Deron Williams is an excellent passer, excellent shooter, knows how to create his own shot and play off screens, a very versatile defender and makes good decisions. It is very hard to find a flaw in his all around game. Harden however, still makes awful mistakes, forces passes and drives to the rim. Hes also a below average defender, which people seem to forget is half the game.

KGs defensive impact, toughness, effort, consistency, versatility and post play are just as important as Hardens 26 PPG on 43% shooting, I would actually consider those things to be more important.

Lopez has more worth than Harden because of the rarity of a player with Lopez's mix of size and skill at the center position. Not to mention his potential as a defensive anchor with his incredible length and bulk.

Harden is a great player and he has a lot of potential, but there are many established players in this league that bring more to a team than he does.

secund2nun
07-02-2013, 01:11 AM

KG at his age is still underrated and better than Harden.

disel
07-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Ellis is actually a very good play maker at the SG position, compared to PGs no, but compared to SGs hes top tier (averages more assists than Harden as a second ball handler.) And yes Harden is a great young player, but people are blinded by youth and flashy play. People want to jump on the new star and claim that hes "taking over" or hes the "best player at his position" while completely ignoring what veteran stars have accomplished in this league. Guys like Deron Williams are proven and very accomplished players that have developed an all around game and understand how to improve the players around them. Deron Williams is an excellent passer, excellent shooter, knows how to create his own shot and play off screens, a very versatile defender and makes good decisions. It is very hard to find a flaw in his all around game. Harden however, still makes awful mistakes, forces passes and drives to the rim. Hes also a below average defender, which people seem to forget is half the game.

KGs defensive impact, toughness, effort, consistency, versatility and post play are just as important as Hardens 26 PPG on 43% shooting, I would actually consider those things to be more important.

Lopez has more worth than Harden because of the rarity of a player with Lopez's mix of size and skill at the center position. Not to mention his potential as a defensive anchor with his incredible length and bulk.

Harden is a great player and he has a lot of potential, but there are many established players in this league that bring more to a team than he does.
KG is 36 and will be 37 by next season. He has maybe 1 or 2 at the max seasons left in him. 10 to 12 years left at an high level.Plus even right now anyone with an brain would tell you Harden>KG.

First of all Deron is much more expierenced and is his prime while James is still 3 to 4 years away from reaching there and is already on par with Deron if not better. No sane GM would take Williams over Harden.Thats just a fact.

disel
07-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Deron>>harden
JOe= harden
pierce>harden
Kg>>harden
Lopez>> harden
Atleast Kid sounds somewhat intelligent. You are in epic fail mode.Johnson>Harden? loool

Phantom_Blue
07-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Harden's talent is superstar level, but his mental game isn't there yet. Too bad they kept McHale, Hollins would have been a nice disciplinarian for these young guys.

atljonesbro
07-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Howard would be stupid to go to HOU. He won't mesh with Harden at all.

Plus Atlanta can go out and get him whoever the f*ck he wants

The JKidd Kid
07-02-2013, 01:45 AM
KG is 36 and will be 37 by next season. He has maybe 1 or 2 at the max seasons left in him. 10 to 12 years left at an high level.Plus even right now anyone with an brain would tell you Harden>KG.

First of all Deron is much more expierenced and is his prime while James is still 3 to 4 years away from reaching there and is already on par with Deron if not better. No sane GM would take Williams over Harden.Thats just a fact.

I disagree completely. Any GM that wants to win now will take Deron Williams over Harden 11 times out of 10. If youre rebuilding, then it is a completely different story. And again, if youre trying to win now, you want KG on your team no matter what. Theres a few little things called Defense, toughness, leadership and consistency, all which Garnett has and Harden does not. KG has just as much value if not more value than Harden because of the previous things mentioned if youre trying to win now, but again if youre aiming for the future its a completely different story.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-02-2013, 01:46 AM
A better way of discussing this would be: If you don't consider Harden a superstar, list the superstars in the NBA.

The JKidd Kid
07-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Atleast Kid sounds somewhat intelligent. You are in epic fail mode.Johnson>Harden? loool

No one said Johnson was better than Harden. I said Williams and Lopez were better/ had more value to a win now team than Harden.

The JKidd Kid
07-02-2013, 02:08 AM
A better way of discussing this would be: If you don't consider Harden a superstar, list the superstars in the NBA.

Lebron, Durant, CP3, Dwight, Kobe, Duncan, Melo (underrated defender), Westbrook, Gasol, healthy Wade, healthy Williams, healthy Bynum.

In my opinion, in order to be considered a superstar you have to be versatile offensively, Elite on one end of the floor and at least above average on the other. It also depends on your position, as to be an elite PG, you have to be a legitimate threat for 25 and 7 or 20 and 10 every night, same with big men. Wings have to be 25+/6/6 or 25+/8/4 rebounds and assists are interchangeable. However, the universal requirement is above average defense, whether that is in the form of stealing ability (Westbrook, CP3), shot blocking ability (Dwight, Gasol, Bynum, Duncan) or the ability to guard multiple positions effectively (Lebron, Durant, Williams, Wade, Melo).

Potential Superstars: Paul George, John Wall, Jrue Holiday, Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry (unathletic but both have quick hands), James Harden, Roy Hibbert, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo (Not Versatile on Offense), Kevin Love, Josh Smith.

There are others, but the overwhelming majority of these players lack any sort of defensive game which is literally half the game and can really restrict a teams ceiling and put an unnecessary burden on team mates.

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2013, 02:41 AM

Anyone that thinks Joe Johnson is better than Harden is a moron.

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Howard would be stupid to go to HOU. He won't mesh with Harden at all.

Plus Atlanta can go out and get him whoever the f*ck he wants

Not Chris Paul...

Doranku
07-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Why would he say "another"? Doesn't that imply there is a superstar already there?

Neither Dwight nor Harden are superstars.

Kobe, LeBron, and Durant are the only superstars in the league right now. People use the term superstars way too loosely these days..

COnDEMnED
07-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Drew Belzer ‏@DrewBelzer
So, Dwight asked the Rockets to add a 3rd good player to the team

Fallen Angel
07-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Why would he say "another"? Doesn't that imply there is a superstar already there?

Neither Dwight nor Harden are superstars.

Kobe, LeBron, and Durant are the only superstars in the league right now. People use the term superstars way too loosely these days..

So? Who f*cking cares? Stop arguing semantics. You're looking for something to hate on Dwight now, grasping at straws. It reeks of desperation actually.

You and I both know what Dwight was getting at when he asked that question.

What kind of nerd decides to post something like this? SMFH

Mr Exlax
07-02-2013, 08:39 AM
As a Dwight Howard fan, I didn't want to believe that he asked us this question. Then I thought about it and it's not too crazy. I mean, the 2 times champs have 3 max players on their roster. I blame them.

Nezty
07-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Could they get another Superstar? I don't get him. Even Miami doesn't have three superstars.

You're an idiot. :facepalm

And Dwight is LeBron 2.0

BoutPractice
07-02-2013, 08:51 AM
The JKidd Kid > So by your definition, Dirk and certainly Nash were never once superstars in the league. I don't think many people would agree with using criteria that exclude 2 former league MVPs from the category.

Doranku
07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
So? Who f*cking cares? Stop arguing semantics. You're looking for something to hate on Dwight now, grasping at straws. It reeks of desperation actually.

You and I both know what Dwight was getting at when he asked that question.

What kind of nerd decides to post something like this? SMFH

Coming from the nerd who posts 17 times a day on an alternate account. :roll:

No matter what the semantics are, the dude comes off as a clown. Harden, himself, and hoist of 3 point shooters (which suit Dwight perfectly) aren't enough. Guy has the audacity to essentially request another all-star caliber acquisition.

It's pathetic no matter how you slice it.

SilkkTheShocker
07-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Isn't Parsons up for a contract soon? I would imagine he gets a pretty good sized contract. And, I can't blame Dwight for asking. Dwight-Harden-Parson is a very good team. But its still missing that last piece.

The JKidd Kid
07-02-2013, 09:35 AM
The JKidd Kid > So by your definition, Dirk and certainly Nash were never once superstars in the league. I don't think many people would agree with using criteria that exclude 2 former league MVPs from the category.

Exactly, they were just elite offensive stars and hall of famers. Doesnt mean they were bad players, they were however liabilities and put a burden on their team mates. To be a superstar, you can't ignore half of the game and you can't have any negative effect on your team while you're on the court. Rose is another MVP that doesn't fit my criteria.

BoutPractice
07-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Well, that's certainly a consistent way of looking at it.

99.9% of reasonable fans would consider it more than a bit weird to leave an NBA MVP who led a team with no other all-star to the title going up against 7/8 HOFers out of the superstar discussion...

As for calling him a liability, this blurs the line between opinion and objectively false statement. Is Bill Russell, an 11 time NBA champion and 5 time MVP whom many call the greatest player of all time, a liability because he fails to meet your ridiculously narrow offensive criteria too? A player can't be a liability if putting him on the court is always better than putting him on the bench...

OldSkoolball#52
07-02-2013, 10:11 AM
If Houston plans to make any additional splashes, theyd better do it this offseason. Next year Jeremy Lin is makin $15,000,000! :roll:

paintingshade
07-02-2013, 12:45 PM
If Houston plans to make any additional splashes, theyd better do it this offseason. Next year Jeremy Lin is makin $15,000,000! :roll:

HOW IN THE WORLD is this still believed by anyone? Do you seriously not pay attention to anything? It's been explained thousands of times. For everyone but the Knicks, the contract counts as 8.37M per year.

Unbelievable.

OldSkoolball#52
07-02-2013, 01:15 PM
HOW IN THE WORLD is this still believed by anyone? Do you seriously not pay attention to anything? It's been explained thousands of times. For everyone but the Knicks, the contract counts as 8.37M per year.

Unbelievable.

I knew that.

yobore
07-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Haven't followed him recently, but Deron has had several seasons where he has been clearly the worst defender of any star. When he was with the Jazz he was allergic to any help defense. Only player I've ever seen be glued to poor shooters without the ball 30 feet from the basket.