PDA

View Full Version : ESPN insider predicts Nets go 64-18 and have BEST shot at winning championship at 36%

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2013, 10:43 PM
ESPN insiders are already picking the Nets to win the NBA championship!

Doolittle projects that the Brooklyn Nets will own a 64-18 record, one better than Miami, and a 36% chance of winning the NBA title.

The Nets certainly improved but they need to be healthy to win and even I don't believe that they will be fully healthy heading into the playoffs. They weren't healthy last season.:(

BTW, can someone post me ESPN insider "Power moves for east teams" please. Thanks.:cheers:

Bandito
07-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Because ESPN is always right about their predictions.

STATUTORY
07-03-2013, 10:44 PM
ESPN experts all picked Lebron's cavs over the celtics and the cavs over Orlando too

NugzFan
07-03-2013, 10:47 PM
wow, espn isnt even subtle about their love of the hyped teams. espn will drool over which ever team is the flavor of the month.

GrapeApe
07-03-2013, 10:47 PM
That is absurd if true.

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Although the Nets are a very good championship team IF HEALTHY, even I don't believe they will be healthy for the duration of the playoffs or even to start the playoffs. That's the thing that will hold them back. It's like a 2.0 of the Lakers when they had Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

So, does anyone have ESPN insider that can msg me "Power moves of the east teams" please. :D

KingTut
07-03-2013, 10:54 PM
With a unproven coach?

mrpibb
07-03-2013, 10:58 PM
k

filler

JimmyMcAdocious
Although the Nets are a very good championship team IF HEALTHY, even I don't believe they will be healthy for the duration of the playoffs or even to start the playoffs. That's the thing that will hold them back. It's like a 2.0 of the Lakers when they had Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

So, does anyone have ESPN insider that can msg me "Power moves of the east teams" please. :D

http://i.imgur.com/ziHXWAO.jpg

You going to eat out your sister afterwards?

cos88
ESPN experts all picked Lebron's cavs over the celtics and the cavs over Orlando too

they also predicted lakers will be 1st seed but then this happened:

7th seed
The Spurs point differential against the Lakers was 18.8 ppg, tied for the fourth largest margin of victory in the history of the playoffs, and the worst in Lakers franchise history. The Lakers were only the second team in the history of the playoffs to lose back-to-back home games by at least 20 points in each.

The Lakers were arguably the fourth worst team in the history of the playoffs.

:roll: :roll:

miles berg
Man I'm sorry but the Nets look GREAT.

Kidd has a great staff, his inexperience will be a non factor by mid-season once he sees all the quirks.

That team is absolutely loaded, how could anyone really think they will suck? They have everything, a perfect mix at PF/C, a clutch go to scorer at SF, a 20 ppt guy at SG that can carry your offense with his iso's which can end opponents runs, a legit all time great 6th man in Jet who was just miscast in Boston. He will excel in New Jersey, expect 15 ppg and Joe Johnson sitting during crunch time.

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2013, 10:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ziHXWAO.jpg

You going to eat out your sister afterwards?
Thanks.:cheers:

Zodiac
07-03-2013, 11:00 PM
this dumbass also said the Hawks power move should be to trade Al Horford for Tyler Zeller and Tristan Thomspon

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KG215
07-03-2013, 11:19 PM
It's A VC3!!!, you've done a great job working your way up the "Most Annoying Poster on ISH" power rankings the last couple of weeks.

DaSeba5
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff322/yinwest/Laugh.gif

ILLsmak
07-03-2013, 11:27 PM
They are insanely good, but I don't think they win 64 or are favorites for the championship. They could beat anyone, though. It wouldn't be a surprise to see them win a ring, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

-Smak

miles berg
07-03-2013, 11:30 PM
To me they are right there with LAC & OKC, that tier right below Miami.

ILLsmak
07-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Also @ high win count at the top, that's possible too because a lot of teams are gonna be tanking hard.

-Smak

Droid101
07-03-2013, 11:33 PM
To me they are right there with LAC & OKC, that tier right below Miami.
wtf? The Heat were a lucky bounce from losing to San Antonio.

raprap
07-03-2013, 11:36 PM
unproven head coach. I still think the heat, bulls and pacers are better. We will see though.

DaSeba5
07-03-2013, 11:38 PM

What does that have to do with what he said? Are the Clippers and Thunder on Miami's level, or even the Spur's level?

Legends66NBA7
07-03-2013, 11:42 PM
I think Miami and Brooklyn will be the Top 2 seeds and they will be in the ECF. I don't know about best record, though... It's not completely out of the question but they need a lot of luck too with injuries and how to give their veterans rest.

tmacattack33
07-03-2013, 11:44 PM
So what.

The Nets look good. And they have depth. They could lose Lopez and still be fine. Or Johnson.

KG is still one of the most agile big guys in the league, has good timing for rebounds, has elite vision for a big man which never goes away, and has a great jump shot.

I don't think they'll be 64-18, because to do that they'd have to play amazing from opening day onwards and they probably won't be able to do that, but by the end of the year this team should be an elite team.

DaSeba5
07-03-2013, 11:46 PM
I think Miami and Brooklyn will be the Top 2 seeds and they will be in the ECF. I don't know about best record, though... It's not completely out of the question but they need a lot of luck too with injuries and how to give their veterans rest.

It's always nice to have the best record (it really helped Miami in the Finals), but that shouldn't be their main priority in the regular season. Their main goal should be to stay healthy and well rested for the playoffs. There's no point of having the best record in the league if you are going to be in the playoffs injured and tired.

jzek
07-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Someone remind ESPN the Nets do not have prime KG and prime PP and their coach has zero experience. :facepalm

jimmy77x

Doolittle projects that the Brooklyn Nets will own a 64-18 record, one better than Miami, and a 36% chance of winning the NBA title.

The Nets certainly improved but they need to be healthy to win and even I don't believe that they will be fully healthy heading into the playoffs. They weren't healthy last season.:(

BTW, can someone post me ESPN insider "Power moves for east teams" please. Thanks.:cheers:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SpecialQue
They are insanely good

They haven't even played a fvcking game yet.

Legends66NBA7
07-03-2013, 11:53 PM
It's always nice to have the best record (it really helped Miami in the Finals), but that shouldn't be their main priority in the regular season. Their main goal should be to stay healthy and well rested for the playoffs. There's no point of having the best record in the league if you are going to be in the playoffs injured and tired.

Oh, I agree. But in the case Brooklyn will inevitably have to face Miami in the playoffs, I think that them securing the Top seed would be bonus points. I actually don't see much of the Net players getting injured for long outside of Brook Lopez. If their front court can stay healthy, it can still cause a lot of problems. Even their back court players can play big and post up well.

red1
07-04-2013, 12:03 AM
terrible post

alanLA92
07-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Nets will be a top 4 seed in the East but not 64 wins. :lol

Kiddlovesnets
07-04-2013, 12:35 AM
We have absolutely no backup SF/SG, now it looks like a huge mistake to have let Marshon go instead of Evans. Unless we manage to sign Kirilenko, Barnes and Belineli or at least two of the three, the next season aint gonna be easy for us. Will need everyone to stay extraordinarily healthy to compete for a 60wins record, and it's season over if either PP oe\r JJ goes down with an injury.

majorgoose
07-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Thats what they said about the lakers last season. :roll:

Andi
07-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Does anyone have West rankings ? Would appreciate

Bigsmoke
07-04-2013, 01:49 AM
I don't know.... KG looks pretty old and Pierce is too.

Deron Williams is Deron Williams and Brrok will learn from KG I think

niko
07-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Can the Nets go 64-18 and win the title? yes. No Doubt.

Is it likely? NO

I can think of a bunch of things that could go wrong, health, KGs moody ass deciding hed rather collect his money as a coach in Minny, just age in general (further decline on PP or JJ), Lopez foot not taking to the redesign on the screw and further surgery, and the fact there assistant coach has the backing of the celtic guys while Deron, etc. are firmly there for Kidd.

It just strikes me as way too many things to call the Nets a favorite. The Nets, to win the title need players to really improve across the board from last year. its a difficult challenge.

jimmy77x
07-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Can the Nets go 64-18 and win the title? yes. No Doubt.

Is it likely? NO

I can think of a bunch of things that could go wrong, health, KGs moody ass deciding hed rather collect his money as a coach in Minny, just age in general (further decline on PP or JJ), Lopez foot not taking to the redesign on the screw and further surgery, and the fact there assistant coach has the backing of the celtic guys while Deron, etc. are firmly there for Kidd.

It just strikes me as way too many things to call the Nets a favorite. The Nets, to win the title need players to really improve across the board from last year. its a difficult challenge.

Come on man i know you're just trying to be unbiased but there is no way on gods green earth the nursery home nets win 64 games this year, healthy or unhealthy. The rest i agree.

Flash31
07-04-2013, 01:57 AM
so
the heat after having a league best
66-16
and having the 2nd longest winning
streak in nba history
and having Birdman for a full season
and more improved roster
are Going to at least be 3 games worse

and the nets are going to go
from under 50 wins to 64
at least a 15 win swing
all while losing their best rebounder
and one of the nba best

along with having the oldest slowest roster in
the league,and by far the oldest starting 5

Really??

I realize every team in the league that looks
good on paper is hyped to the extreme as
Miami-Beaters but come on.

The only way theyll get even 60 wins is if all tge starting 5
play 30-35 min plus
in which case thats a bad idea

Have they heard of the 2012-2013 lakers

Names,Legends,Old age

Nash,Kobe,MWP,Gasol,Howard,Blake

all got mins and all got injured or worn out
in one way or another

64-18,best record WHAT??

niko
07-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Come on man i know you're just trying to be unbiased but there is no way on gods green earth the nursery home nets win 64 games this year, healthy or unhealthy. The rest i agree.

Yes, everything could break right and the Nets win the title. I just think there are too many ifs to call the Nets a favorite over those teams like SA,Miami and Indiana where we know waht we are getting.

MTing
07-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Miamis still gonna be 1st in the east IMO. Depending on D-Rose's comeback, they'll be a tough team to take down too. I think we matchup well with Indy and NY though.

bdreason
07-04-2013, 02:39 AM
I don't see the Nets as being a great regular season team. I certainly don't see them winning 64 games, nor should they be trying to win that many games. Their goals should be a top 4 seed, and everyone healthy.

Ancient Legend
07-04-2013, 03:14 AM
The Nets season will be like the Lakers' past season. Injuries due to age will derail them.

SamuraiSWISH
07-04-2013, 03:20 AM
This will be like an evolutionary version of colossally stacked disappointments such as the 2004, 2013 Lakers ... or they will end up being basically a dominant 2008 Celtics type squad.

But with a rookie coach in Jason Kidd, I'm not too convinced. I definitely have my doubts. Health, and further deterioration of Pierce and Garnett may make them suffer. But all of that could be off set by a developing Brook Lopez and a now healthy, and motivated Deron Williams (he needs to lose weight).

I think all of these guys playing together takes significant burden off each other, weight that at Pierce and KG's age they couldn't handle anymore together on the Celtics. But with Deron, JJ, and Lopez. They may end up being really good. I wouldn't mind seeing a Brooklyn v.s. Miami show down in the ECF.

Trentknicks
07-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Miamis still gonna be 1st in the east IMO. Depending on D-Rose's comeback, they'll be a tough team to take down too. I think we matchup well with Indy and NY though.
Totally agree, Pierce should lock down Melo and Paul George, will own their souls.

Spaulding
07-04-2013, 03:22 AM
http://cdn.lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/boshface.gif

SpurrDurr
07-04-2013, 03:42 AM
No way in hell that Nets can get 64 wins in the regual season.

They are gonna get killed by teams like Nuggets, Heat, OKC etc.

In the playoffs tho, the pace slows down and that will favor the Nets making them really dangerous.

brain drain
07-04-2013, 04:16 AM
Big names, old legs. It's always the same. Does anybody remember the predictions for last year's Lakers? Nash + Gasol + Kobe + World Peace + Dwight = guaranteed championship, right?

JoHnNyBoXeR
07-04-2013, 05:26 AM
i think the Nets are very good..And have improved this offseason so far.. But i think they only slightly improved by adding KG and Pierce.. f@ggot boy Humphries is out of NJ.. but he wasnt all that bad.. he was soft just by looking at him .. he has no indimidation factor whatsoever.. While KG after the game is eating a steak and bangiing his wife and the mistress at the same damn time.. Humphries gets some sushi and a manicure and pedicure combo.. LOLOL

BUt seriously, Pierce and Garnett are only slightly better at this point in their careers than Humphries and Wallace.. I actually think Pierce is done.. the dude is shot, Iman Shumpert owned him and embarassed him with tenacious D in the 1st round against the celtics.. He dominated Pierce so bad , it forced Doc Rivers to say Shumpert was the best player on the court in the series clinching game 6 win..

I heard they were making a run at Kyle Korver.. I think he has since been re-signed with Atlanta... correct?? Hes not a stiff 3 pt shooter like Steve Novak who has to catch the ball wide open and spot up and shoot his 3's.. Korver is an actual bball p[layer not just a shootrer.. I thought adding Korver to the Nets with his 3 point shooting ability and ability to run around screens and cut to the basket would make the Nets team significanty deeper adding Korver, KG and Pierce.. It would make them deeper and better

Blue&Orange
07-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Bradford Dolittle is an incredible smart guy, Knicks apparently are going to win 2 more games than the Pistons :lol :lol

:roll:

:lol

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Bradford Dolittle is an incredible smart guy, Knicks apparently are going to win 2 more games than the Pistons :lol :lol

He's right. Didn't the Knicks play .500 basketball when Amare came back? With him and Bargs I expect the Knicks to be about 3-5 games above .500.
But he's prediction about the Knicks is a typo or oversight.

Trentknicks
07-04-2013, 06:55 AM
He's right. Didn't the Knicks play .500 basketball when Amare came back? With him and Bargs I expect the Knicks to be about 3-5 games above .500.
But he's prediction about the Knicks is a typo or oversight.
Also brought to you by BSPN:

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/3972/atlanticdivisionpreview.png
#Taped

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Also brought to you by BSPN:

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/3972/atlanticdivisionpreview.png
#Taped
the celtics took the heat to 7 games the year prior to these polls. can you really blame them?:facepalm

Trentknicks
07-04-2013, 07:02 AM
the celtics took the heat to 7 games the year prior to these polls. can you really blame them?:facepalm
Well since the nets took a stackkedddd Bulls team to 7 games :oldlol:
So if being realistic is hating, what's saying the Knicks will be the 6th seed then?

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Well since the nets took a stackkedddd Bulls team to 7 games :oldlol:
So if being realistic is hating, what's saying the Knicks will be the 6th seed then?
well because 4 other teams are better than them right now and a 5th team (hawks) could depending on what they do this FA period. heat, nets, bulls and pacers all one tier above the knicks. knicks should move to NJ and be called the NJ Knicks.:lol

Blue&Orange
07-04-2013, 07:15 AM
well because 4 other teams are better than them right now and a 5th team (hawks) could depending on what they do this FA period. heat, nets, bulls and pacers all one tier above the knicks. knicks should move to NJ and be called the NJ Knicks.:lol
And last year they were supposed to be 8th\7th seed. Idiots will be idiots.

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2013, 07:20 AM
And last year they were supposed to be 8th\7th seed. Idiots will be idiots.
it's not the worlds fault that we expect the knicks to suck. i mean you guys were 25th in rebounding last season and instead of using the summer to fix your problems you go and get andrea bargnani who doesn't fix that problem. how can you call yourself a team when the moves you make are made just to counter what the nets are doing.:lol

love clowning on knicks fans.

Harison
07-04-2013, 08:54 AM
There is no way in hell nets win 64 games. Not because they cant, but because they will rest vets for the Playoffs, health is a factor too. Kidd wont be stupid to ride vets in RS, like Lakers did and Kobe was killed.

AirFederer
07-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Dear ESPN. Please do not send a sample of what you are injecting.:facepalm

ZHAKIDD532
07-04-2013, 09:25 AM
The off season isn't even over. How can they know who to pick?

rhythmic
07-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Only reason some people are pessimistic or doubting the Nets is because of what happened to LA this past season. It's funny, because LA never even had a chance to show the world their prowess. Injuries crippled their season and they never had a shot at showing just how good they can be together. Plus a terrible head coach didn't help.

I think Jason Kidd will be a great coach; I always respected his intelligence on the court and his vision. Never thought he was a naturally gifted player, morelike, a genius on the court. So I think (and hope) he will have a successful coaching career.

Garnett & Pierce are old but experienced; Garnett even at his age will still bring intensity, leadership and experience. Pierce will bring a scoring punch plus the ability to hit big shots. Then you still have Deron, who many considered the best PG in the world 2-3 years ago (when he consistently dominated Paul); plus two other pretty lethal scorers in JJ and Lopez.

If they stay healthy, they'll do well. I don't think KG or Pierce will mind sacrificing their stats to win another title.

Best of luck to Brooklyn, will be watching them a lot this upcoming season.

Kiddlovesnets
07-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Unsurprisingly, mad Knicks fans are trolling this thread.

LAZERUSS
07-04-2013, 02:48 PM
I believe that they should just give them the crown now. Why waste everyone's time with a long season, when we already know who the champion will be. These experts are never wrong.

HomieWeMajor
12-06-2013, 08:23 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/C3UqcY9Zt9lv2/giphy.gif

R.I.P.
12-06-2013, 08:35 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/C3UqcY9Zt9lv2/giphy.gif

Not like that, rookie. In the face. I want to be out of here. :lol

All Net
12-06-2013, 09:26 AM
:facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2013, 09:28 AM
ESPN was spot on with the Knicks. Epic fail here though.

Fresh Kid
12-06-2013, 09:44 AM
ESPN was spot on with the Knicks. Epic fail here though.
knicks are going to win more, and stop hating on my team bro, we on that comeback season ya heard?:coleman:

Fresh Kid
12-06-2013, 09:46 AM
espn was way off with this shit:roll: :roll:

R.I.P.
12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
espn was way off with this shit:roll: :roll:

Maybe they meant 18-64.

Fresh Kid
12-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Maybe they meant 18-64.
damn even 18 seems like a stretch:lol

jzek
12-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Further proof ESPN analysts > *

Come playoff time, I always bet a lot of money based on their playoff predictions because they are rarely wrong! :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Maybe they meant 18-64.
and best chance of winning the draft lottery championship.:oldlol:

shallehalle
12-06-2013, 10:54 AM
and best chance of winning the draft lottery championship.:oldlol:
no picks

kurple
12-06-2013, 10:57 AM
damn even 18 seems like a stretch:lol
doesnt the nets still have more wins than the knicks? or am i missing somehing?

kurple
12-06-2013, 10:57 AM
no picks
he knows, he was just trying to be funny

Fresh Kid
12-06-2013, 11:16 AM
doesnt the nets still have more wins than the knicks? or am i missing somehing?
yea tha nets have more losses, that's what u missing:lol

STATUTORY
12-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Stephen A: "Brooklyn is Coming y'ALL!"

BlackVVaves
12-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Unsurprisingly, mad Knicks fans are trolling this thread.

Haven't seen this egregious homer around since the Nets have settled into their own pile of feces. What, no Nets pride? :lol

poido123
12-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I reckon a Phil Jackson could turn this team around :confusedshrug:

They need a good coach, they have a whole heap of parts and no coach to get the best out of all the players...

Fire Kidd is a good start.

Jon Salley's 10
06-30-2019, 08:01 PM
ESPN were just 6 years too early :applause:

Bronbron23
06-30-2019, 09:25 PM

No chance In hell they win a chip. If a healthy kd couldn't win a chip with Westbrook in OKC why does anyone think he'll win a chip coming off an Achilles with Kyrie?