PDA

View Full Version : Strong rumour: Evans traded for Vasquez and Lopez

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 04:12 AM
Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 16m
Kings will not match New Orleans Pelicans 4 year, $44 million offer sheet to Tyreke Evans. Dealing for Vasquez and Lopez
(Aliene writes for the Sacramento Bee)

Big fan of Vasquez can't wait for him to be the starting PG, imo Lopez + Cousins as PF/C would be good to finally someone to protect the rim. Cousins played very well with Samual Dalembert a few years ago. Deal is better than losing Reke for nothing or overpaying Iggy.

Kings will have to move Patterson or Thompson now

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-04-2013, 04:32 AM
(Aliene writes for the Sacramento Bee)

Big fan of Vasquez can't wait for him to be the starting PG, imo Lopez + Cousins as PF/C would be good to finally someone to protect the rim. Cousins played very well with Samual Dalembert a few years ago. Deal is better than losing Reke for nothing or overpaying Iggy.

Kings will have to move Patterson or Thompson now
hmm...yeah JT becomes more expendable than Pat Pat, imo. I still hope they re-sign Aldrich. Hell, they may deal Chuck instead, since Pat Pat and JT are their only true PFs - all the other bigs are Cs. But Chuck is a rare player who actually wants to play in Sac, so it'll be interesting to see what they do to free up roster space.

This move would also put them overloaded at PG (Vasquez, Isaiah, Douglas, Jimmer). My guess is Douglas is the only safe one - defense first type. Wonder if a JT + Isaiah + pick for Granger or Deng would work. ...or Iggy! :rockon:

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 04:35 AM
hmm...yeah JT becomes more expendable than Pat Pat, imo. I still hope they re-sign Aldrich. Hell, they may deal Chuck instead, since Pat Pat and JT are their only true PFs - all the other bigs are Cs. But Chuck is a rare player who actually wants to play in Sac, so it'll be interesting to see what they do to free up roster space.

This move would also put them overloaded at PG (Vasquez, Isaiah, Douglas, Jimmer). My guess is Douglas is the only safe one - defense first type. Wonder if a JT + Isaiah + pick for Granger or Deng would work. ...or Iggy! :rockon:
Cousins imo can move to the 4 (when Lopez Is out there), he's skilled enough play both and with Lopez there we don't need Aldrich he does the same things but better.

As far as Douglas he's out of contract I'm pretty sure plus we just drafted that new PG I'm pretty sure this means unless they let Thomas go (which they won't) Douglas is the one who is gone. I love your trade Idea though I would be down for that.

bdreason
07-04-2013, 04:40 AM
Who would Pelicans want from the Kings?

Vasquez and Lopez both have serious value, and I wouldn't trade either of them for Thompson or Patterson.

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Who would Pelicans want from the Kings?

Vasquez and Lopez both have serious value, and I wouldn't trade either of them for Thompson or Patterson.
What?

The Kings just traded Evans for those two I was saying the next move Kings have to make is moving one of the PFs in a package with a SG to get a SF.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-04-2013, 04:43 AM
yeah I always forget to list McCallum. No way he misses making the team. I could tell Malone was genuinely pretty fond of him in the rookies' press conference. I also forget Douglas is a FA...but I'd like to think he's a shoe-in to be re-signed.

I think Malone would probably covet Deng more than Granger. So let's pretend that happens for JT + Isaiah + Jimmer (sorry Isaiah... :( ) and they re-sign Douglas, but not Aldrich or JJ. We'd get this:

Cousins
Pat Pat
Deng
McLemore
Vasquez
-------
R. Lopez
Chuck
Outlaw
Salmons
Thornton
Douglas
R. McCallum

I like it. Salmons can be amnestied if necessary, but that'd leave just Outlaw as the only backup SF and that's...:no:

Anyway, as long as the Kings do something, anything, I'll be pleased. :cheers:

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 04:46 AM
Anyway, as long as the Kings do something, anything, I'll be pleased. :cheers:

:cheers: The chemistry on that team would be fairly nice but damn that back up SF role:facepalm

bdreason
07-04-2013, 04:48 AM
I guess I'm confused as to why Evans just doesn't sign with the Pelicans.

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 04:50 AM
I think they have to move players to make space for him hence the trade

jcsrplumply
07-04-2013, 04:51 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-04-2013, 05:06 AM
I think they have to move players to make space for him hence the trade
well, can't the Kings just be d!cks and match the offer to prevent him from leaving in the first place? Hence why they technically are matching the offer to get something in return.

SpurrDurr
07-04-2013, 05:08 AM
Good trade for both teams.

Now NO can try to move Gordon, maybe for Granger?

Holiday
Evans
Granger
R. Anderson
Davis

Pelicans would become a POs caliber team immediately.

supe12sta12z
07-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Sorry Sixers, it looks like that 2014 pick is going to be a late lottery or out of lottery pick. Hope your efforts pay off.

dunksby
07-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Pelicans got robbed, great trade for the Kings. Vasquez> Evans and Lopez is icing on the cake. Cousins moves to PF and with Lopez starting they will have serious size.

anthonyRandolph
07-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Lopez is very underrated, but Vasquez isn't what you want at PG to see Mclemore develop. Vasquez is VERY ball dominant, dribbles until he finds the open man, still a solid player. His assists numbers in NO are inflated because he would pound the rock so much or pass it with time winding down on the shot clock. Can't say enough about how great Lopez was, actually a consistent post scorer, solid defender, and good shot blocker. We actually ran post iso's for him and he was consistent. I'd even go as far as saying if he became a better rebounder he could one day be an all star.

anthonyRandolph
07-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Pelicans got robbed, great trade for the Kings. Vasquez> Evans and Lopez is icing on the cake. Cousins moves to PF and with Lopez starting they will have serious size.
Vasquez > Evans is laughable. Kings are much more of a threat now though, and saying robbed is pretty funny saying this trade had to go down in order for the salaries to work.

SpurrDurr
07-04-2013, 05:22 AM

Robbed? It's a smart move for both teams.

Vasquez had a really solid season and will be a starter, but Lopez isn't a starting Center in my opinion.

Davis gained some weight/muscle in the last months and will keep bulking, he ll become one of the top center for sure, Anderson can start at PF.

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Lopez is very underrated, but Vasquez isn't what you want at PG to see Mclemore develop. Vasquez is VERY ball dominant, dribbles until he finds the open man, still a solid player. His assists numbers in NO are inflated because he would pound the rock so much or pass it with time winding down on the shot clock. Can't say enough about how great Lopez was, actually a consistent post scorer, solid defender, and good shot blocker. We actually ran post iso's for him and he was consistent. I'd even go as far as saying if he became a better rebounder he could one day be an all star.
Why Big Mac is a off the ball player without much ability to create his shot atm? Most his game is shooting off screens and 1 dribble explosion to the rim and exploding on the break. Vasquez sounds perfect for him takes all the pressure of Big Mac.

dunksby
07-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Vasquez > Evans is laughable. Kings are much more of a threat now though, and saying robbed is pretty funny saying this trade had to go down in order for the salaries to work.
Pelicans lost two assets and didn't get much in return, Sac on the other hand got exactly what they needed that's player wise of course.

anthonyRandolph
07-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Why Big Mac is a off the ball player without much ability to create his shot atm? Most his game is shooting off screens and 1 dribble explosion to the rim and exploding on the break. Vasquez sounds perfect for him takes all the pressure of Big Mac.
I assumed he was an iso player. He didn't mesh well with Gordon, and I viewed them as similar players. Love Vasquez's passion though, hopefully rubs off on CUZ

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 05:31 AM
I assumed he was an iso player. He didn't mesh well with Gordon, and I viewed them as similar players. Love Vasquez's passion though, hopefully rubs off on CUZ
Nah one of the big knocks on Big Mac is his passiveness at times and inability to create a shot for himself so Vasquez will help him out a lot by creating shots for him and running the team how it should be run. Also with Cousins it can only be a good thing having a guy who can spoon feed him 2-5 times a game get his confidence up and get him cutting harder to the rim.

BoutPractice
07-04-2013, 05:57 AM
I think it's a decent trade for both teams.

Moving Lopez to complement the departure of Vasquez and arrival of Holiday could help develop the star in waiting that's Anthony Davis - perhaps as a C alongside Anderson - while improving the Kings's frontcourt.

As for Tyreke Evans, he's always had question marks surrounding him, and the Kings clearly want to move on from him, but he brings talent, versatility and defense to the NO backcourt.

bdreason
07-04-2013, 06:03 AM

Don't see how it's a great trade for the Pelicans. They give away two solid players so they can overpay a tweener guard?

If I was the Pelicans, I would dare the Kings to match the offer, and if they did, I would walk away from the deal.

supe12sta12z
07-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Don't see how it's a great trade for the Pelicans. They give away two solid players so they can overpay a tweener guard?

If I was the Pelicans, I would dare the Kings to match the offer, and if they did, I would walk away from the deal.

They had to clear Lopez's salary to make the deal work. They would lose Lopez regardless. What if they took the gamble, waive Lopez, and the Kings match? They'd look pretty stupid wouldn't they?

They Pelicans did what they had to do to get the deal assured. With a S&T, they can focus on other free agents instead of having to wait until the 13th at the earliest to work out deals with other free agents.

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Damn Kings fans going ape shit over the deal on the forums how bad it is for the team......

I really don't think it's a bad move at all as long as we can land a semi decent SF in a packaged deal. Vasquez is going to help Big Mac, Cuz & Patterson a lot and those are currently 3 out of our main 4 players (Vasquez being the 4th). Sometimes you got to give up talent like Reke in order to get the right pieces, Kings got three solid tradable assets in Thornton, Thomas & Thompson so I'm sure we could land a SF. If the current team stays as it is the team is 2 deep in every position other than SF.

Reke will be a good player I have no doubt but it was wrong place at the wrong time with the Kings.

bigkingsfan
07-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Vasquez can't be that good, he reminds me of Ramon Sessions. He just doesn't seem like a long term plan to me, otherwise Pelicans wouldn't traded for Holiday. Robin Lopez = Cole Aldrich. I'd rather keep Evans for a year and see how he does with the new organization.

El Kabong
07-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Vasquez can't be that good, he reminds me of Ramon Sessions. He just doesn't seem like a long term plan to me, otherwise Pelicans wouldn't traded for Holiday. Robin Lopez = Cole Aldrich. I'd rather keep Evans for a year and see how he does with the new organization.
He's not, but he'll make a decent stop-gap until they can find a long term solution. Better than what they've had previously anyway.

qrich
07-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Was hoping Lopez would have been bought out and Clippers snag him up to backup DJ. But do like this move for the Pelicans, especially if Evans warms up to playing small forward and Gordon gets motivated after sitting out due to the team tanking. Holiday, Gordon and Davis will provide some solid stifling defense, while Gordon and Anderson can knock down shots at will from range. Then you have Holiday, Gordon and Evans penetrating well and Davis getting his with putbacks and garbage points. Could potentially sneak into the 8th seed.

Johnny Jones
07-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Good deal for both teams. Kings get a very solid center to back up cousins and a very solid Point Guard.

Sad to see Gravy go but it what it is.

Johnny Jones
07-04-2013, 09:45 AM
We traded for Holiday because we're trying to run more and Vasquez is more suited for a slower tempo system

Johnny Jones
07-04-2013, 09:51 AM
NBA Legion ?@MySportsLegion 1h
Reports that Tyreke Evans has been traded to the Pelicans for Greivis Vasquez and Robin Lopez are completely false.

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 09:53 AM
NBA Legion ?@MySportsLegion 1h
Reports that Tyreke Evans has been traded to the Pelicans for Greivis Vasquez and Robin Lopez are completely false.
Just seen that is that a valid tweeter thing?

Johnny Jones
07-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Just seen that is that a valid tweeter thing?
I have no idea. Somebody posted that on a Pelicans forum.

Is Ailene Voisin legit?

andremiller07
07-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I have no idea. Somebody posted that on a Pelicans forum.

Is Ailene Voisin legit?
She's a report/journalist for the Sacramento Bee which is everything Sacramento Kings in Sacramento

Zodiac
07-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Now NO can try to move Gordon, maybe for Granger?

Holiday
Evans
Granger
R. Anderson
Davis

Pelicans would become a POs caliber team immediately.
http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo50/angelstars5/Dancing-Guy-Loses-Shoes-on-Treadmill.gif

Johnny Jones
07-04-2013, 10:06 AM
She's a report/journalist for the Sacramento Bee which is everything Sacramento Kings in Sacramento
How good are her sources?

GOBB
07-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Pelicans are dumb signing Tyreke. I dont get this signing. :confusedshrug:

Charlie Sheen
07-04-2013, 10:11 AM
You don't have to pay your RFA's just cuz you hold the rights to match. Good move by the Kings.

Johnny Jones
07-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Pelicans are dumb signing Tyreke. I dont get this signing. :confusedshrug:
That pick we sent to you guys is going to be mid-1st round :lol :lol

FlawlessVictory
07-04-2013, 10:14 AM
I can't see this happening. There seem to be a lot of interest in both Lopez and Vasquez around the league. The Pelicans can create the cap room for Evans and get some value for the aforementioned two in the process.

33teeth
07-04-2013, 10:29 AM

He's a restricted free agent. They're afraid the Kings will match.

poido123
07-04-2013, 11:03 AM
http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo50/angelstars5/Dancing-Guy-Loses-Shoes-on-Treadmill.gif

:roll: :roll:

Fcking great gif!

Nastradamus
07-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Vasquez/Thomas/Fredette is a solid PG group for the Kings. I'd start both Mclemore and Thornton on the wings. Try and get a SF for Thompson.

FlawlessVictory
07-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Thornton is nothing more than a gunner and his only positive role on a team is as a 6th man/spark plug off the bench.

Kings badly need a quality SF who can defend - They obviously were interested in Iggy but pulled out for whatever reason.

If I were them, I would try to swing a trade for Deng, but only if he were willing to sign an extension as part of the deal. The problem is that salaries are very hard to match - Maybe the Bulls would consider effectively dumping Dengs salary for say Thomas or Jimmer (to replace the Nate role off the bench) and a draft pick.

Bulls are one of, if not the cheapest organisations in the league so anything that saves them money would probably get done.

If the Kings ownership are serious about turning them around, they have to focus on signing a couple of veteran, glue guys who are good at defense. The likes of Cousins and Mclemore will be wasted this year if they are allowed to operate in an unstructured environment with little or no leadership around them.

As I said earlier, I dont think the Pelicans should do a sign and trade with Lopez and Vasquez, but for the sake of argument lets say they did...

Vasquez, Mclemore, Deng, Patterson, Cousins

Bench: Lopez, Thornton, Thomas/Jimmer, Thompson and Hayes.

That is a good roster to move forward with and they may make some progress after being a joke for the last few years.

FlawlessVictory
07-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 2m
Per @ailene_voisin report on Kings/NO trade, no deal done but scenario would send Robin Lopez to Portland, Vasquez to Sac, Evans to Pelicans
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More

Makes sense. Cousins is a center and they have Hayes and Thompson to back him up. Don't need Lopez, but Vasquez would be a big upgrade for them imo.

33teeth
07-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Makes sense. Cousins is a center and they have Hayes and Thompson to back him up. Don't need Lopez, but Vasquez would be a big upgrade for them imo.

It only makes sense if they get something back from Portland.

WWRWestbrookDo?
07-04-2013, 01:31 PM
that makes sense since the Pelicans have that boy Jrue

BlazersDozen
07-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Portland will probably give picks. I believe they have enough under the cap to take on Lopez's contract.

33teeth
07-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Kings shouldn't give up Lopez to POR. They should move him to a team that can give them a late 1st or a few 2nd round picks for him.

dzav323
07-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Sactown should try and package Thornton to Chicago for Deng or Butler.

Vasquez/Thomas
Macklemore
Deng or Butler
Patterson
Cousins

That is a pretty intriguing lineup

GOBB
07-04-2013, 01:54 PM
That pick we sent to you guys is going to be mid-1st round :lol :lol

Enjoy having a player who isnt a shooter be it spot up, off the dribbles, coming off a screen and a player who needs the ball in his handles to be effective.

Sidenote: The pick is top 5 protected anyway. Its still gonna be a lottery pick. Wait you think Pelicans making the playoffs? Oh lawwwwwd

GOBB
07-04-2013, 02:06 PM
You're an idiot if you think Tyreke can't spot up.

He shot 42% from spot-ups this year :roll: :facepalm

He also had 1.22 PPP coming off screens this year. He can definitely play off-ball.

And thats why the Kings drafted Ben McLemore and have no problem letting Tyreke play for the Pelicans. Yeah he can definitely play off ball :oldlol:

Good luck with Tyreke Evans at SF spotting up.

GOBB
07-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Bro if they match he's going to play PG for them.

And Jrue Holiday is going to play what?

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-04-2013, 02:10 PM
You're an idiot if you think Tyreke can't spot up.

He shot 42% from spot-ups this year :roll: :facepalm

is 42% a high % when they're all wide open b/c no one is scared of his jumper? no.

GOBB
07-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Jrue Holiday is on the Kings?

Huh?

GOBB
07-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Yesterday, their coach said that he would love to have Reke next year. So I don't know why you said 'and have no problem letting Tyreke play for the Pelicans'.

My point is simple. If Tyreke was as good as you say he is playing off the ball. Why would Kings part ways with him and draft Ben McLemore? Oh because McLemore can do the things Tyreke cant when it comes to shooting.

I know Pelicans like Tyreke. I cant understand why after trading for Jrue Holiday is all. :confusedshrug:

If Reke is playing PG for the Pelicans what is Jrue doing?

Miles and Miles
07-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Any clarification on this trade? I can't see the Kings ended up with both Vasquez and Lopez for Tyreke. That would be great for us if it happened but just doesn't seem realistic. Change is good.

D-Rose
07-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Any clarification on this trade? I can't see the Kings ended up with both Vasquez and Lopez for Tyreke. That would be great for us if it happened but just doesn't seem realistic. Change is good.
It's been rumored that Lopez goes to Portland who will just absorb his contract.

Miles and Miles
07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
It's been rumored that Lopez goes to Portland who will just absorb his contract.

and Portland throws in what?

GOBB
07-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I never said that Reke would play point guard for us. You said 'And thats why the Kings drafted Ben McLemore' and I said 'Bro if they match Tyreke is going to play the 1 for them.

Ok misread.

Shade8780
07-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
In proposed 3-way deal, Kings send Tyreke Evans to Pelicans, Nola's Vasquez to Kings and Robin Lopez to Blazers. Port sends picks and cash.

#WojBomb

Johnny Jones
07-04-2013, 04:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--tyreke-evans-headed-to-pelicans-in-three-team-deal-172134174.html

Tyreke Evans headed to Pelicans in three-team deal