PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: GSW-Utah reach deal to unload salary

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 03:55 PM
‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Golden State has reached agreement with Utah on a trade to unload salary, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Bobcats2013
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
As the popular Radioactive song would say

"Welcome to the new age"

bagelred
07-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Supposedly, they want to do this regardless if its for Howard or not. I read a tweet say Iguodala is very interested in GSW too.

(e)
Haha this could turn into a nightmare for Laker fans...if they land Dwight.

D-Rose
@WojYahooNBA 43s

Teams are informing players involved in deal of the trade now, sources tell Y! Sports.

Big question...is it Bogut? If it is...that's huge and likely points to Dwight. Just RJ/Biedrins could be an Iggy move.

Or they're both connected...

3LiftHeatCurse
07-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Clippers #1 team in LA, division champs.

Warriors a deep playoff team.

Lakers struggling to make playoffs.

The owners won. The new CBA created parity. Lakers can't buy championships anymore, as the new tax repeater penalties are harsh and forces teams to be fiscally conservative.

LongLiveTheKing
Jefferson and Biedrins to the Jazz.

MastaKilla

How so? If he goes to GSW LA will get Barnes or Thompson instead of losing Howard for nothing

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 03:59 PM
RT @daldridgetnt: Source says the Warriors are sending Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson to the Jazz. Checking on what they're getting back

Wow..can sign Iggy and include Bogut in S&T for Dwight.

7secondsorless
It's Jefferson+biedrins

ZeN
b'dris and jefferson are being traded according to LA Radio

3LiftHeatCurse
How so? If he goes to GSW LA will get Barnes or Thompson instead of losing Howard for nothing

Aww poor Laker fan

JimmyMcAdocious
Why is Utah doing this?

Bobcats2013
07-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Why is Utah doing this?

#TankForWiggins

Dr. Cheesesteak
if this is only to clear space to sign Iggy, I approve. If it's to clear space to get Iggy b/c GSW is also getting Dwight and throwing in Klay or Barnes (or both!!) or just to straight up sign Dwight I do not approve!

Ca$H
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 26s
Source says the Warriors are sending Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson to the Jazz. Checking on what they're getting back.

bagelred
07-05-2013, 04:01 PM
The Warriors made 2 of the dumbest salary cap moves in recent history:

1. Amnestied Charlie Bell at a chance at DeAndre Jordan. That was absolutely retarded. They should have amnestied Biedrins or just not do at all, as they knew Jordan was going to get matched anyway.

2. Traded Stephen Jackson for Richard Jefferson and a bad draft pick. How dumb was that.

No Jefferson, No Biedrins....instead...this.

Take Your Lumps
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Andre Igoudala has reached agreement with Golden State on a four year, $48 million deal with the Warriors, league source tells Y! Sports.
Retweeted by David Aldridge

DuMa
wow. Warriors if they dont get Dwight, they already get better by unloading those 2 contracts for more flexibility to get assets

7secondsorless
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Woj. Reporting iggy to gs 4/$48 mil

DuMa
07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Andre Igoudala has reached agreement with Golden State on a four year, $48 million deal with the Warriors, league source tells Y! Sports.
Retweeted by David Aldridge

Warriors :applause: :applause: :applause: but it really puts a logjam in the F spots. Barnes/Iggy/Klay/Green

JimmyMcAdocious
07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Tremendous signing, even if they don't land Dwight. What a great fit.

chosen_one6
07-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Warriors :applause: :applause: :applause: but it really puts a logjam in the F spots. Barnes/Iggy/Klay/Green

Klay and Iggy can alternate at the 2 and 3.

Barnes and Green are meh anyway.

boozehound
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
barnes is out in a dwight SnT. Green is more of a 3/4 anyways and suited to a bench role

TylerOO
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Golden State is out of the Dwight sweepstakes.

flipogb
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM
they are closing in, they can now afford to lose Barnes AND Klay

Bobcats2013
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Why exactly?

TylerOO
07-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Why exactly?

No clue. Woj just tweeted it and I figured he knows his stuff :lol

imnew09
07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Why exactly?

can't or won't pay over cap.

Horde of Temujin
07-05-2013, 04:11 PM

Quite the contrary

chazzy
07-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Curry
Klay
Barnes
Iggy
Bogut

Fun team. Iggy can play 2-4 so they have versatility

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Cap experts saying Utah must be getting more in slary to give Iggy that deal..will have to wait on more details.

DuMa
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Klay and Iggy can alternate at the 2 and 3.

Barnes and Green are meh anyway.

Barnes had an incredible postseason. played much better than Iggy at times during their series imho.

Barnes is still a young player so i'm guessing they want to bring him along slowly behind Iggy. still if they dont clear the logjam, it may hurt Barnes' development.

Green is meh but i like his hustle. he will be a good bench player in this league.

Jyap9675
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
How exactly can they unload salaries? Does this mean they'd need to take a long term player? Hopefully they dont get rid of Barnes/Klay

JimmyMcAdocious
07-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Utah fans think they are getting Barnes back.

bagelred
07-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow, so this is over $20 million, probably $25 million of salary Utah is taking.....that's basically all of Utah's cap space.

Utah must be getting back 2 first round draft picks at a minimum.

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 04:19 PM
@warriorsworld on twitter is a warriros blog and saying they hear utah is getting Brandon Rush.

-Ken Berger confirms it.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Curry
Klay
Barnes
Iggy
Bogut

Fun team. Iggy can play 2-4 so they have versatility
uhh, I think Barnes would play 4. He's 6'8" and like 240lb already?

@warriorsworld on twitter is a warriros blog and saying they hear utah is getting Brandon Rush.

-Ken Berger confirms it.
nooooooooooo my favorite Warrior...

waseem780
07-05-2013, 04:23 PM
IF Barnes goes to Utah.
PG - Trey Burke
SG - Gordon Hayward
Sf - Harrison Barnes
PF - Derrick Favors
C - Enes Kanter

+ probably high pick(s) in 2014..

Top potential team in the league.

PickernRoller
07-05-2013, 04:24 PM
48 Mill....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rkpgchJOA

DuMa
07-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Who the hell is Utah trading away?

Bobcats2013
07-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 59s
Golden State is sending multiple draft picks to Utah to unload the $24 million, including 2014 first-rounder, sources tell Y!

ITS TIME TO WIN NOW

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Who the hell is Utah trading away?
non guaranteed contract of Kevin Murphy.

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm guessing this means no Jarrett Jack or Paul Millsap back to their teams.

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2013, 04:35 PM

-Ken Berger confirms it.

Cool!

non guaranteed contract of Kevin Murphy.

Also have McNeal's and the rights to Mario Austin, Peter Fehse, and Shan Foster to throw in. Marvin Williams would be better though.

Jyap9675
07-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I hate Biedrins and RJ...

Inferno
07-05-2013, 04:36 PM
ITS TIME TO WIN NOW

So we're keeping Rush?

waseem780
Can someone here give me an exact listings of trade for example

Utah sends Kevin Murphy
Utah Recieves 2014 first rounder,Richard jefferson,andris biedrins,brandon rush

Gsw sends:RJ,Biedrins,Rush,2014 first round pick
gsw recievs : Kevin murphy

Xiao Yao You
I'm guessing this means no Jarrett Jack or Paul Millsap back to their teams.

Biedrins and Jefferson make about the same as Al and Mo I think. Should still have the money for Paul.

bagelred
07-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Golden State will send first-round picks in 2014 and 2017 to the Jazz, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Two firsts.

bagelred
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
If you are the Jazz, how weird is it to use ALL your cap space to help out Warriors. For 2 probably not-so-high firsts? Weird, right?

It's almost as if Utah was waiting around to help GSW out.:oldlol: Utah made no offers to any big free agents....

SpecialQue
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/184s2npxnz0nrgif/ku-xlarge.gif

longtime lurker
07-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Two firsts.

So the soonest they'd be able to send a pick to the Lakers is 2018? :roll: yeah looks like Klay and Barnes are coming back if they trade for Dwight.

bagelred
07-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m
Beyond the two first-rounders to the Jazz, Golden State has included future second-round picks in deal too, sources tell Y! Sports.

A little better.....

Rubio2Gasol
07-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Slightly torn on this. I think Iggy is great for them - will slot in very nicely and what not in a position that the kind of already have covered. If they do end up keeping the 4 swingmen, Barnes is going to have to learn to play the 4 - which he is athletically capable of.

More reasonably - this opens up a trade possibility for Dwight. Unlike others, I think the natural trade is Barnes + Bogut - as Bogut is expiring and the Lakers amnestying Artest.....I can see that going down...except Woj says they're out.

That Barrnes + Bogut combo should be able to get them something - 14 million expirer who might even win you over into giving him a reduced multiyear contract at the end of the year + a pretty great rookie....that's a good package for many teams in this league.

Skep
07-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Love this trade for Utah. It means that the youth movement is on full force and we will be seeing a lot of PT this year from Burke/Burks/Hayward/Favors/ Kanter. Also means the Jazz will be able to have some power @ the trade deadline this year with their expiring contracts or they can choose to let them expire in 2014 and take a whack @ the 2014 FA class which is filled with studs. Great move for the future and maybe this team could make the playoffs this year if the young guys step up.

longtime lurker
07-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Slightly torn on this. I think Iggy is great for them - will slot in very nicely and what not in a position that the kind of already have covered. If they do end up keeping the 4 swingmen, Barnes is going to have to learn to play the 4 - which he is athletically capable of.

More reasonably - this opens up a trade possibility for Dwight. Unlike others, I think the natural trade is Barnes + Bogut - as Bogut is expiring and the Lakers amnestying Artest.....I can see that going down...except Woj says they're out.

That Barrnes + Bogut combo should be able to get them something - 14 million expirer who might even win you over into giving him a reduced multiyear contract at the end of the year + a pretty great rookie....that's a good package for many teams in this league.

The problem is G-State shot their load trading Jefferson and Biedrens to Utah. The soonest pick they can give the Lakers is 2018. Barnes and Bogut alone isn't going to get it done. It would have made sense to work out a trade with Howard first, then work out a deal with Denver to get Iggy. Now I don't think they have the assets.

Rubio2Gasol
07-05-2013, 05:20 PM
The problem is G-State shot their load trading Jefferson and Biedrens to Utah. The soonest pick they can give the Lakers is 2018. Barnes and Bogut alone isn't going to get it done. It would have made sense to work out a trade with Howard first, then work out a deal with Denver to get Iggy. Now I don't think they have the assets.

Lakers do not want any damn picks and they don't exactly have leverage. Barnes + Bogut is more than enough.

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Love this trade for Utah. It means that the youth movement is on full force and we will be seeing a lot of PT this year from Burke/Burks/Hayward/Favors/ Kanter. Also means the Jazz will be able to have some power @ the trade deadline this year with their expiring contracts or they can choose to let them expire in 2014 and take a whack @ the 2014 FA class which is filled with studs. Great move for the future and maybe this team could make the playoffs this year if the young guys step up.

We'll see. Jefferson/Rush might be the latest guys to keep Burks on the bench and the expiring contracts did nothing for them this year except put them in position to do this.

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
David Aldridge: Another shoe drops: Utah will indeed have to renounce its rights to Paul Millsap to make deal with Golden State, per source. \

Twitter @daldridgetnt

lame

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
@WojYahooNBA 1m

Before Golden State deals, Dwight Howard had narrowed his choices to the Lakers and Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Bobcats2013
07-05-2013, 05:27 PM
@WojYahooNBA 1m

Before Golden State deals, Dwight Howard had narrowed his choices to the Lakers and Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Either Woj isn't being told everything or the Warriors front office has balls of steel to take a gamble this big.

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Beyond the two first-rounders to the Jazz, Golden State has included future second-round picks in deal too, sources tell Y! Sports. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

At least 4 picks. I guess one of them could be as good as Murphy.

longtime lurker
07-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Lakers do not want any damn picks and they don't exactly have leverage. Barnes + Bogut is more than enough.

They have some leverage if Dwight really wants Golden State. Sign and trade is the only way he'll get there. And your comment about them wanting picks directly contradicts reports that they're willing to do a Barnes, Bogut + pick deal. They'd rather let Dwight walk and save significant money in salary.

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2013, 05:31 PM
The Warriors also had to renounce their rights to guard Jarrett Jack and forward Carl Landry. Golden State had the Bird rights to Jack, which meant they could sign him to a new contract despite being over the cap. But to get under the cap, the Warriors had to waive that right and now Golden State can't afford Jack or Landry.

San Jose Mercury-News

He'd be a nice pick-up for the Jazz.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Either Woj isn't being told everything or the Warriors front office has balls of steel to take a gamble this big.

Why? Seems like a good move either way. So they presumably lose two late first round picks, neither of which would probably be worth Iggy. :confusedshrug:

Bobcats2013
07-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Why? Seems like a good move either way. So they presumably lose two late first round picks, neither of which would probably be worth Iggy. :confusedshrug:

They lost 2nd rounders too and Brandon Rush.

BlazersDozen
07-05-2013, 05:43 PM
They lost 2nd rounders too and Brandon Rush.

& Jarrett Jack & Carl Landry

Essentially Rush, Jack, Landry, Jefferson, Biedrins, 4 draft picks for Andre Igudala

Bad move IMO

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2013, 08:22 PM
They'll get a huge trade exception as well. Enough to trade for almost anyone in the league.

bluechox2
07-05-2013, 08:24 PM
wait howd they lose jarret jack? hes a free agent

D-Rose
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
wait howd they lose jarret jack? hes a free agent
Had to renounce his bird rights...don't have cap space to sign him anymore...same goes for Landry.

WhySoInsecure?
07-05-2013, 08:43 PM

Essentially Rush, Jack, Landry, Jefferson, Biedrins, 4 draft picks to overpay Andre Igudala, even though they already have Barnes and Klay

Bad move IMO
Fixed

joshwake
07-05-2013, 10:19 PM
This is a good move by Utah. Why? because mid-market teams do not get stars through free agency... period. They get stars through the draft and then fill out the role players with the FA market. Think of it: Duncan, Ginobli, Parker; Westbrook, Durrant, Harden; Stockton, Malone, Williams. These are all stars that were drafted by mid-market teams. Tell me one star that Utah has gotten in the FA market.... The biggest names have been Boozer, Jefferson, Hornaceck etc... they are all role players on contending teams.

So you cannot win a title without stars on your team (unless everything falls into place like it did for the Pistons several years back) and you cannot get stars as a mid-market team through FA. There is no point in trying to pick up role players though FA if you don't have your stars yet and will actually just hinder developing and drafting star talent. This puts Utah in great position to acquire some star talent through the draft and to find out if they have any stars already. It also puts them in good position to pickup some role players in FA in the next few years. I am glad to see Utah finally has the balls to truly go with a youth movement, because otherwise it would just be more mediocre and average seasons. This is the only way Utah has any chance at a title.

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2013, 03:34 AM
This is a good move by Utah. Why? because mid-market teams do not get stars through free agency... period. They get stars through the draft and then fill out the role players with the FA market. Think of it: Duncan, Ginobli, Parker; Westbrook, Durrant, Harden; Stockton, Malone, Williams. These are all stars that were drafted by mid-market teams. Tell me one star that Utah has gotten in the FA market.... The biggest names have been Boozer, Jefferson, Hornaceck etc... they are all role players on contending teams.

Jefferson and Horny came via trade.

So you cannot win a title without stars on your team (unless everything falls into place like it did for the Pistons several years back) and you cannot get stars as a mid-market team through FA. There is no point in trying to pick up role players though FA if you don't have your stars yet and will actually just hinder developing and drafting star talent. This puts Utah in great position to acquire some star talent through the draft and to find out if they have any stars already. It also puts them in good position to pickup some role players in FA in the next few years. I am glad to see Utah finally has the balls to truly go with a youth movement, because otherwise it would just be more mediocre and average seasons. This is the only way Utah has any chance at a title.

Until Favors and Hayward get Hibbert and Batum type offers in the off-season.

InspiredLebowski
07-06-2013, 03:46 AM
Utah management ****ed this up. What other options did GS have to dump all that dead money? You DEMAND Thompson or Barnes, not a couple 1sts in the 20s. They say no? Who gives a shit, still plenty of space to wheel and deal. If I were a Jazz fan I'd be pissed off.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Utah management ****ed this up. What other options did GS have to dump all that dead money? You DEMAND Thompson or Barnes, not a couple 1sts in the 20s. They say no? Who gives a shit, still plenty of space to wheel and deal. If I were a Jazz fan I'd be pissed off.
Uhh, Jazz are pretty goddamn lucky to get what they got. Basically 2 1sts and some needed vets off the bench for free. Rush is a beast, too. They probably didn't even want Barnes or Thompson. They probably want to develop Hayward and Burks for themselves.

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2013, 04:35 AM

Pissed is when they give up 3 1sts and a huge TPE for Al Jefferson. :wtf:

bdreason
07-06-2013, 04:36 AM

Essentially Rush, Jack, Landry, Jefferson, Biedrins, 4 draft picks for Andre Igudala

Bad move IMO

This is false. Landry and Jack were both UFA's, and there is no way we would have been able to afford to bring them back... without dumping both Biedrins and Jefferson.

Also, we are actually in a much better financial situation right now, despite adding Iggy at 12m per. We are right at the cap, and around 12m from the luxury, with both our MLE and Mini-MLE to use. We could actually still bring back Jack and/or Landry (He may have signed with Clips) with the MLE.

brantonli
07-06-2013, 06:12 AM

Damn, I guess Jazz are tanking hard then, getting multiple first and getting laden with bad contracts. The Jazz GM better just wish the owner is happy paying Biedrins and Jefferson millions and millions to do nothing.

mugiwara
07-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Do we have to call the Jazz tanking, they have good young bigs. Lets call them developing. :)

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Choosing Biedrins/Jefferson over Millsap/Demarre=tanking

fiddy
07-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Aww poor Laker fan
poor no life :roll:

mrpibb
07-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Damn, I guess Jazz are tanking hard then, getting multiple first and getting laden with bad contracts. The Jazz GM better just wish the owner is happy paying Biedrins and Jefferson millions and millions to do nothing.

The contracts expire at the end of the year, so the Jazz aren't bridled with anything; furthermore, they got draft picks. This was a great deal for Utah, and it remains to be seen how possibly great the deal was for Golden State.