PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard on why he chose the Rockets

HoopsFanNumero1
07-07-2013, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE]

IncarceratedBob
07-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Jeez. What a pansy.

This dude is one of the most talented players of all time, but his head might not be on straight.

Take Your Lumps
07-07-2013, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=HoopsFanNumero1]

Clifton
07-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Colorado is where everyone from Houston goes for vacation. I worked at a restaurant about 5 minutes south of the Colorado border and every other person I met was from Houston too. I never took it as a sign from God to go to grad school in Houston though.

The sign from God is James Harden and Kevin McHale. He made the right decision, and it was a really obvious one for him. Everything he wants and needs is there.

Doctor Rivers
07-07-2013, 09:21 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/07/dwight-howard-its-a-clean-slate-for-me-its-a-fresh-start/

lolololol

Bandito
07-07-2013, 09:25 AM
That was funny Dwight, real funny. He must be a weird dude in real life. Like that dude who is funny just because of how weird he is.

gengiskhan
07-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Jeez. What a pansy.

This dude is one of the most talented players of all time, but his head might not be on straight.

so this is what we have become.

someone talks about religion, God, their head may not be straight.

this is what abortions, same sex marriage etc etc has done to human psyche. its actually considered normal.

Jomo23
07-07-2013, 09:32 AM
That was funny Dwight, real funny. He must be a weird dude in real life. Like that dude who is funny just because of how weird he is.

Q hay tipo??

Graviton
07-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Did God also give him a sign to impregnate 8 different women without marrying any of them? Because we all know traditional marriage and family values are so anti-christian. :oldlol:

KobesFinger
07-07-2013, 09:33 AM

this is what abortions, same sex marriage etc etc has done to human psyche. its actually considered normal.

I don't think God would approve of having 8 kids by 6 women

ILLsmak
07-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Jeez. What a pansy.

eh of all time? He's definitely one of the most talented players of today, and I think he will go back to being that. But nearly every all-time great big would shit all over him.

-Smak

gengiskhan
07-07-2013, 09:45 AM

& God would approve of 8 abortion instead of 8 kids by 6 women going by your avatar of "no regards for human life" :facepalm

& God would rather approve of rape in Colorado hotel room instead. :facepalm

Bandito
07-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Q hay tipo??
de donde eres? de que pueblO? Yo soy de arroyo!!!

Haymaker
07-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Q hay tipo??

Otro boricua? :cheers:

KobesFinger
07-07-2013, 10:04 AM
& God would approve of 8 abortion instead of 8 kids by 6 women going by your avatar of "no regards for human life" :facepalm

No, the Bible says sex before marriage is a sin, and Dwight isn't married. I'm not even religious and I know this, Dwight however was raised Christian.

And Kobe has nothing to do with this, nor does my tagline. My tagline is a reference to these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tag9UmmFfY8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYVUqjSCbE

Nezty
07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Otro boricua? :cheers:

Puerto Rico! :pimp:

AngelEyes
07-07-2013, 10:21 AM
He's still preachy about god even after he's knocked up half of Orlando's woman?

dr.hee
07-07-2013, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE]

It's A VC3!!!
07-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I doubt his logic would have worked if everyone in Colorado was giving him Charlotte business cards.:no:

Jomo23
07-07-2013, 10:29 AM
de donde eres? de que pueblO? Yo soy de arroyo!!!

Soy de Rinc

Jomo23
07-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Puerto Rico! :pimp:

Somos dos o tres parece. :cheers:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-07-2013, 10:31 AM
this dude will come up with 10000 reasons why he chose houston. the truth of the matter is, he decided he was going there way before july.

TheTenth
07-07-2013, 10:46 AM
:lol

Yeah, what a hyopthetical creator of the whole f*cking universe would care about is the free agency decision of Dwight Howard. Makes sense. Dwight seems to be a very intelligent person:applause:
This. :cheers:

3LiftHeatCurse
07-07-2013, 10:59 AM

He that hath no sin, cast the first stone.

Hotlantadude81
07-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Did God also give him a sign to impregnate 8 different women without marrying any of them? Because we all know traditional marriage and family values are so anti-christian. :oldlol:
No shit, right?

NASH = BEST
07-07-2013, 12:04 PM
This is exactly the reason why NBA players must be forced to go to college (right after high school) at least for 2 years.

Dwight made the right choice, not because he felt it was a better fit for him, but because God had someone give him a business card. :rolleyes:

COnDEMnED
07-07-2013, 12:06 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/07/dwight-howard-its-a-clean-slate-for-me-its-a-fresh-start/
Using god as a scape goat? This person is a bitch. Own up to your own decisions. If it was really about god, why all this flip flop about 30 million on the table? Do you really not trust in god that much that you have to question his divine intervention? Now im glad hes gone. I loathe the day he takes a shit, and the shape and color of it are a sign from god to tank a game on purpose. god works in mysterious ways...and is also a great scape goat for not owning up and taking responsibility for your own decisions, good or bad.

longtime lurker
07-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I got with an Israeli chick while I was on vacation in South Beach. God is telling me to move to Israel. :rockon: Shalom my brothers

STATUTORY
This is exactly the reason why NBA players must be forced to go to college (right after high school) at least for 2 years.

Dwight made the right choice, not because he felt it was a better fit for him, but because God had someone give him a business card. :rolleyes:

if diwght was allowed on a college campus there needs to be either an abortion clinic or a child daycare in the vicinity

cause contraception ain't in god's plan for dwight

ukballer
I can't be the only one here who takes this answer as a 'tongue in cheek' response, can I? :confusedshrug:

AngelEyes
07-07-2013, 12:11 PM
The thing about Dwight is that he is a whore... a rich whore, but nonetheless still a whore. Now see there are two types of whores, the kind of whore that ****s everything in their path and the whore that seeks attention at all times... Dwight is both of these.

longtime lurker
07-07-2013, 12:13 PM
I can't be the only one here who takes this answer as a 'tongue in cheek' response, can I? :confusedshrug:

Yes you are. It's typical Dwight who can't just man up and stand behind his decision. He needs to bring divine intervention into.

Jameerthefear
07-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Really? A blog post for a source?

dr.hee
07-07-2013, 12:21 PM

Why do you think he doesn't mean it? Don't see what's 'tongue in cheek' about his comment. Millions of people all around the globe believe they can influence the laws of the f*cking universe by talking to their imaginary friend. And many NBA players say stupid sh*t like that. Terry did the same when Dallas beat Miami. He gave all the credit to his invisible friend who gave him a second chance to win the title. Which makes sense, since otherwise he would have to live with a sh*tload of money and a dream job only. So sky daddy really bailed him out:applause:

I mean many people pray for their petty little problems, but to credit an invisible friend for making a decision between a payroll of 20 millions or 25 millions a year takes a special kind of narcissism.

spiegel
07-07-2013, 12:22 PM
orey to the Rockets owner" sir I told you hiring those actors was a great idea"

Jameerthefear
07-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Why do you think he doesn't mean it? Don't see what's 'tongue in cheek' about his comment. Millions of people all around the globe believe they can influence the laws of the f*cking universe by talking to their imaginary friend. And many NBA players say stupid sh*t like that. Terry did the same when Dallas beat Miami. He gave all the credit to his invisible friend who gave him a second chance to win the title. Which makes sense, since otherwise he would have to live with a sh*tload of money and a dream job only. So sky daddy really bailed him out:applause:

I mean many people pray for their petty little problems, but to credit an invisible friend for making a decision between a payroll of 20 millions or 25 millions a year takes a special kind of narcissism.
What a super cool and witty atheist! Hah! Stupid Christians and their imaginary friends!!

AngelEyes
07-07-2013, 12:33 PM
What a super cool and witty atheist! Hah! Stupid Christians and their imaginary friends!!

Can't we have a happy medium between the snarky, angry athiest and annoying, gullible religious freak?

COnDEMnED
07-07-2013, 12:33 PM

Sky Daddy... I laughed. That ones going into the brain file for future use. :cheers:

COnDEMnED
07-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Can't we have a happy medium between the snarky, angry athiest and annoying, gullible religious freak?
We do, they're called Wiccans.

NASH = BEST
07-07-2013, 12:44 PM
if diwght was allowed on a college campus there needs to be either an abortion clinic or a child daycare in the vicinity

cause contraception ain't in god's plan for dwight

:oldlol:

Sucks for Howard, specially since abortion clinics in Texas about to be scarce. Dude is going to end up with like 10 more kids before his contract in Houston is up. That $30 mill going to be missed. :oldlol:

TheFan
07-07-2013, 12:52 PM

NO.
Mediums died in the 90's.
Welcome to the 2000's and beyond, it is binary code, 1 or 0, either you are a super cool slacker or a ultra focused nerd with no social life, either you are a chewing gum fat @ss or a rambo gym rat.

Pick your side.

dr.hee
07-07-2013, 01:00 PM

Maybe this is way over your head, but I've talked about specific points, such as:
1)People thinking to be able to influence the laws of the universe by prayer. Not all Christian believe that by the way. Some are educated enough to know better.
2)Already successful athletes thinking god is responsible for even more success.
3)Millionaires thinking the creator of the universe is giving a f*ck about which contract they're signing. Jesus was all about the money, right?

Notice that each of this point applies to a very specific brand of Christianity. Which is clearly not related to some of the more sophisticated kind of believers who at least make an effort to appreciate reality. Also, I did not attack a belief in some kind of supernatural entity in general. If you'd go with some kind of Deism, that's an understandable position. So are some more educated ways to make the Christian doctrine work in today's world.

But if an NBA center thinks the creator of everything gives a sh*t about whether he plays for LA or Houston then yeah, he's a dumbass. If someone thinks there's some kind of supernatural thing out there, that's an interesting speculation. Believing you can alter the reality we live in by talking to bearded guy in heaven, so he'll change the laws of nature to improve your unimportant life, yes that's plain stupid.

So I don't see what's wrong with saying that Dwight is an idiot if he really said the stuff in the OP. Not for believing in god, but for thinking this god gives a sh*t about the team Dwight Howard is playing for next year. F*cking hypocritical for a Christian, too.

Jameerthefear
07-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Maybe this is way over your head, but I've talked about specific points, such as:
1)People thinking to be able to influence the laws of the universe by prayer. Not all Christian believe that by the way. Some are educated enough to know better.
2)Already successful athletes thinking god is responsible for even more success.
3)Millionaires thinking the creator of the universe is giving a f*ck about which contract they're signing. Jesus was all about the money, right?

Notice that each of this point applies to a very specific brand of Christianity. Which is clearly not related to some of the more sophisticated kind of believers who at least make an effort to appreciate reality. Also, I did not attack a belief in some kind of supernatural entity in general. If you'd go with some kind of Deism, that's an understandable position. So are some more educated ways to make the Christian doctrine work in today's world.

But if an NBA center thinks the creator of everything gives a sh*t about whether he plays for LA or Houston then yeah, he's a dumbass. If someone thinks there's some kind of supernatural thing out there, that's an interesting speculation. Believing you can alter the reality we live in by talking to bearded guy in heaven, so he'll change the laws of nature to improve your unimportant life, yes that's plain stupid.

So I don't see what's wrong with saying that Dwight is an idiot if he really said the stuff in the OP. Not for believing in god, but for thinking this god gives a sh*t about the team Dwight Howard is playing for next year. F*cking hypocritical for a Christian, too.
What he's doing affects you in no way, so why are you judging?
anyways, do we even have a real source on this? a fvcking blog post? I've found no other sources, but you guys believe whatever you see it seems

Foster5k
07-07-2013, 01:14 PM
I hope Dwight was smart enough to throw away all those business cards he got from strangers in Colorado.

I just hope the guy is happy and does well in Houston. I was going to write something to poke fun at Dwight, but that's been done already. At the end of the day, I hope he succeed. Maybe I'll make fun of him later whenever he does something stupid again.

BoutPractice
07-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Let him believe whatever he wants. As long as God wants him to work on his post game, I'm fine with it.

Clifton
07-07-2013, 01:23 PM
dr.hee has reached what the wise men of the ages have called the highest summit of wisdom. :bowdown:

I wonder if he'd be willing to tutor my children in how to be a man.

Foster5k
07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Also, Dwight might say he heard a message from God or whatever; however, in reality, we know the real reasons he chose Houston.

1. Get away from Los Angeles and the spot light.
2. Get away from D'antoni.
3. Get away from Kobe.
4. Go to a better contender.

All that other mumbo jumbo is just more theatrics. Hey, he did say he wanted to be an actor. Guy is getting his practice in.

dr.hee
07-07-2013, 01:30 PM
What he's doing affects you in no way, so why are you judging?

Isn't that the point of a message board? People talking about stuff not affecting them personally at all?

DStebb716
07-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Actually, the bible is full of rape. Rape that wasn't deemed as a negative in the "good book." Murder, rape and slavery. Three things that were supported in that novel.

**** you, bigot.

Foster5k
07-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Here's the convo Dwight and God had:

Dwight: Dear God, I need your advice on my NBA career. What should I do?

God: My son, fear not, for I am with you. Behold, I hold the universe and beyond in the palm of my hands. I am Alpha and Omega. The beginning, and the end.

Dwight: God it's YOU! Finally, after all these years of praying, you finally answer me.

God: Well, I was busy with other things like world hunger, wars, Tebow, etc.

Dwight: Oh.

God: But, anyways, choose Houston.

Dwight: You sure?

God: You dare question the almighty?

Dwight: Sorry God.

God: It's fine. I was just joking. Yes, I'm sure. I'm always sure. Go to Houston, work on your offense, work on your free throws, pay your tithe, pay your child support, invest, diversify your portfolio, and you'll be fine.

Dwight: Thanks God!

God: Anytime.

buddha
07-07-2013, 01:49 PM
lol.. Dwight might be as dumb as McGee

Is He Ill
07-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Sorry Somalia, God is too busy helping Dwight Howard make a decision regarding what team he will collect his $100 million from.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-07-2013, 02:08 PM

God: My son, fear not, for I am with you. Behold, I hold the universe and beyond in the palm of my hands. I am Alpha and Omega. The beginning, and the end.

Dwight: God it's YOU! Finally, after all these years of praying, you finally answer me.

God: It's fine. I was just joking. Yes, I'm sure. I'm always sure. Go to Houston, work on your offense, work on your free throws, pay your tithe, pay your child support, invest, diversify your portfolio, and you'll be fine.

God: Anytime. :oldlol:

HorryIsMyMVP
07-07-2013, 02:12 PM
You know those guys who were sent to Colorado were paid by the Rockets.

tomtucker
07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
[B]
true, did god tell him: no, dwight don

CelticBaller
07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
:oldlol:

Tmuston Beltics
07-07-2013, 02:30 PM
He's mentally challenged for sure.

ispin69
07-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Instead of those stupid billboards, all the lakers had to do was send LA people on vacation to Colorado. :oldlol:

I'm positive he met some hot beezies from Houston willing to give him a good time, na'mean. They have way hotter chicks than these fake azz self centered LA girls.

CavaliersFTW
07-07-2013, 03:04 PM

god isn't real... desert savages who didn't know where rain comes from made him up

CavaliersFTW
07-07-2013, 03:09 PM
He that hath no sin, cast the first stone.
Exodus 21:20
"Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result"

:roll: joke book... killing thy slave is punishable... however OWNING A HUMAN in the first place, is not! :roll:

salwan
07-07-2013, 03:20 PM

God: Anytime.

:bowdown:

Nick Young
07-07-2013, 04:00 PM
bitch making excuses for quitting when it gets hard.

He is happy to rot and retire a perrenial second round exit:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Scholar
07-07-2013, 04:02 PM
How can this guy feign being religious when he's fathered 8 kids out of wedlock with 8 different women? :facepalm

SpecialQue
07-07-2013, 04:07 PM
A message from God...or a warning from Satan?

http://i.imgur.com/17Zf0.gif

CavaliersFTW
07-07-2013, 04:11 PM
What if god was testing him with temptation and Dwight failed the test? :eek:

Dwight is going to heck!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/harold_jay_bucket/hell.gif

secund2nun
07-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Translation: I don't want to play with Kobe. The media will give Kobe all of the credit like they did when they stole the 2010 finals mvp from Gasol and gave it to Kobe. Also the media will shift all of the blame from Kobe to his teammates like they did in the 2008 NBA finals when they blamed Gasol while he went up against near prime KG, one of the best players of all time, and did better than Kobe while Kobe stunk up the joint going up against Allen.

K Xerxes
07-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Well he made the right decision for him - whatever the reasons - but I wonder what God was doing while he was banging all those different chicks outside marriage? Didn't God show him a sign after the first one that this is wrong and he should control himself?

BallsOut
07-07-2013, 04:27 PM
“It was on the Fourth of July,” Howard said. “That’s when I felt it was Houston. I was in Colorado. It seemed like every person that I met was from Houston. It was just so ironic. I’d walk around. Someone would ask for a picture. They’d give me a business card and it would say Houston on it. I was like, ‘Is everybody in Colorado from Houston right now?’ It was unbelievable.

“I was like, ‘You know what, this has to be from God.’ You pray for things to happen. You pray for signs, for God to show you things. It just seemed like, this was it.”

Source (http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/07/dwight-howard-its-a-clean-slate-for-me-its-a-fresh-start/)

Here's a quote from last year's decision by Dwight to join the Lakers:

"Sitting down in the hotel for four months is very tough for somebody like myself," Howard said. "I really appreciate things more now than I did before the surgery. I'm just happy to be here in L.A. I've been here for four months, and it's been home for me. It's been great. I started off walking around Beverly Hills and every day I had this one lady who would always come and say, 'Come to the Lakers! Come to the Lakers!' If she's watching, I'm here."

Source (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8256377/dwight-howard-traded-los-angeles-lakers)

This guy is an idiot. You want Dwight to join your team? Just follow him around in public and convince him to join your team during the offseason. He'll probably take it as a sign from God.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
07-07-2013, 04:30 PM
is blog.chron a good source...?

Clifton
07-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Well he made the right decision for him - whatever the reasons - but I wonder what God was doing while he was banging all those different chicks outside marriage? Didn't God show him a sign after the first one that this is wrong and he should control himself?
He probably did. Dwight probably has undergone more temptation, and has a rougher internal life, than you or I could ever imagine.

Remember, Dwight won't use birth control. For all we know, he has just as many baby mommas as he has extramarital partners. And that would put him well below the league average. God is probably much more angry at those who would try to conceal it, stifle the natural birth process, not take care of the kid, or snuff it out in the womb. For all we know, if he exists, Dwight is among his favorites in the NBA.

Another reason I would love Dwight if I were God is because it's so obvious that he's suffering internally out there. That he's really unhappy. That he has a conscience, and cares about people so that the poor way he's handled fame is totally ruining him. Other guys don't give a f*ck about... anything. He's got an innocence about him that you don't see too much of in pro sports.

04mzwach
07-07-2013, 04:36 PM
I believe God does amazing things, but I just don't understand Dwight. I can see God popping up in times of struggle, but this is just Dwight Howard deciding where he'll go play basketball for millions of dollars. It's his career and it's important to him, but it just seems like he's either making it up or exaggerating. It actually made me laugh and I'm Catholic myself. I believe in God.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-07-2013, 04:38 PM
this just confirms that God is indeed a Lakers fan.

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Would Dwight leave a team playing with Duncan, LeBron, etc instead of Kobe? Yea, I don't see it. Kobe doesn't make his teammates better.

Maniak
07-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Exodus 21:20
"Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result"

:roll: joke book... killing thy slave is punishable... however OWNING A HUMAN in the first place, is not! :roll:
:biggums:

you are really mentally challenged.

RoseCity07
07-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Colorado is a state that loves to screw over Laker fans.

CelticBaller
07-07-2013, 04:42 PM

let him be, bashing religion is probably the best part of his day

K Xerxes
07-07-2013, 04:42 PM
He probably did. Dwight probably has undergone more temptation, and has a rougher internal life, than you or I could ever imagine.

Remember, Dwight won't use birth control. For all we know, he has just as many baby mommas as he has extramarital partners. And that would put him well below the league average. God is probably much more angry at those who would try to conceal it, stifle the natural birth process, not take care of the kid, or snuff it out in the womb. For all we know, if he exists, Dwight is among his favorites in the NBA.

Another reason I would love Dwight if I were God is because it's so obvious that he's suffering internally out there. That he's really unhappy. That he has a conscience, and cares about people so that the poor way he's handled fame is totally ruining him. Other guys don't give a f*ck about... anything. He's got an innocence about him that you don't see too much of in pro sports.

Dwight doesn't need God. Evolution loves him - he's spreading his genes like a champ!

COnDEMnED
07-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Who did you really intend to quote? That is a real passage....

PickernRoller
07-07-2013, 04:48 PM
He decided on the Rockets long before that.........

He just didn't want to be in LA period. It wasn't because of the Rockets, hell if it was the Knicks making the pitch he would be a Knicks now. Mitch took what at face value was a great gamble and it didn't pay off because it was the wrong personal.

Maniak
07-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Who did you really intend to quote? That is a real passage....
i quoted who i intended to quote.

COnDEMnED
07-07-2013, 05:35 PM
i quoted who i intended to quote.
That's unfortunate, then.

Xsatyr
07-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Lol Aspen is Houston's playground. Rockets fans were convinced he was going to Houston when they heard he was in Aspen.

longtime lurker
07-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Source (http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/07/dwight-howard-its-a-clean-slate-for-me-its-a-fresh-start/)

Here's a quote from last year's decision by Dwight to join the Lakers:

Source (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8256377/dwight-howard-traded-los-angeles-lakers)

This guy is an idiot. You want Dwight to join your team? Just follow him around in public and convince him to join your team during the offseason. He'll probably take it as a sign from God.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lmaoooooooo. He's like a 8 year old trapped in an oversized man's body.

KyleKong
07-07-2013, 06:52 PM
WHY HE NO SIGN WITH NUGGETS IF HE LIKES COLORADO :rant