07-09-2013, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE]LOS ANGELES -- Dwight Howard

Xsatyr
07-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Stay salty.

Eldrunko247
07-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Stay salty.
Keepin' it real. Dwight leaving is just not that big a deal to Laker nation.

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Bu bu bu it's all Kobe's fault :oldlol:

Now we're starting to see the truth about Howard from people who have actually interacted with him. This is hilarious he's getting exposed like this.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Lakers fans are SALTY. How does it feel you douchebags? A year ago you guys were bragging in my face. Have fun in the lottery with us!

KNOW1EDGE
07-09-2013, 12:19 AM

False.

If it wasn't that big of a deal they wouldn't even be talking about it, the FACT that they STAY commenting on it, and throwing mad salt, means they care and its a big deal.

You've never seen these guys throw salt when other free agents have left the Lakers, cuz it wasn't a big deal.

Eldrunko247
07-09-2013, 12:23 AM
False.

If it wasn't that big of a deal they wouldn't even be talking about it, the FACT that they STAY commenting on it, and throwing mad salt, means they care and its a big deal.

You've never seen these guys throw salt when other free agents have left the Lakers, cuz it wasn't a big deal.
It's not that big of a deal. People throw jabs at Dwight because they just don't respect him. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the 2014 off season.

Jacks3
07-09-2013, 12:25 AM
“He gets the ball on offense, oh my God, he doesn't know what to do".

:roll:

sportjames23
07-09-2013, 12:26 AM

Then why do they keep ripping on him?

Let that shit go, Lakers org. Let it go. This shit makes them look like a jilted ex-lover. Lakers are bigger than that.

FreezingTsmoove
07-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Well to be fair KAJ is the greatest scorer of all time. Cant compare Bananas to a sour ass lime

Zedja
Lakers fans are SALTY. How does it feel you douchebags? A year ago you guys were bragging in my face. Have fun in the lottery with us!
It's ok. The Lakers will take Vucevic from your hands in a few years anyways. :cheers:

iamgine
Well Howard pick the best place for him to win now and for years to come. He even gives up $30 Million in order to win.

At least Kareem is objective and don't talk about "can't handle the pressure in LA's bright lights" like Shaq. Shaq is an embarrassment. :facepalm

iamgine
07-09-2013, 12:29 AM
False.

I think reporters keep asking them about it.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 12:29 AM
It's ok. The Lakers will take Vucevic from your hands in a few years anyways. :cheers:
Haha, no fvck you. LA is getting exposed. No free agents have them in mind

Eldrunko247
07-09-2013, 12:30 AM

Let that shit go, Lakers org. Let it go. This shit makes them look like a jilted ex-lover. Lakers are bigger than that.
It's their way of saying Dwight was never Laker material in the first place and a don't let the door hit you on the way out. Even Pau who has a ****** was able to deal with the bright lights.

KNOW1EDGE
It's not that big of a deal. People throw jabs at Dwight because they just don't respect him. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the 2014 off season.

Nobody threw jabs at him when he was a laker. They were all happy to have him. They all praised him.

But as soon as he leaves, now they don't respect him, and now they throw jabs, and now they "don't care"??

Nobody is buying that. And I think we are all looking forward to the 2014 season :D

SamuraiSWISH
Everything was true though, and I hate both Shaq and Kareem. If you have an OUNCE of competitive fire in your body you wouldn't respect the player and person Dwight is ... Kareem's odd ass was right, Dwight is the same player in 2013 he was in 2009, only difference is he no longer has the same amount of athleticism.

Zedja
07-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Even I wouldn't want to sign with the Lakers right now. You're right about that this season. But soon they will. It's LA. Los Angeles baby. Hollywood. One of the greatest franchises in sports entertainment. The appeal will always be there. Maybe it's not so appealing right now. Give it a few years and we'll see :pimp:

And 1
07-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Doesn't Shaq always rip Dwight Howard? I'm not trying to say that the Lakers organization and its fans aren't the least bit salty, but it's not like this Shaq ordeal is a new thing (or that important, for that matter).

And KAJ chimed in before Dwight even officially left. People are trying to make something outta nothing.

daily
07-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 1h
Dwight says he wants to learn from Hakeem. Kareem said Dwight said the same thing to him and never heard from him again.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 12:33 AM
I hate people who say this. PLease make educated comments. He has a limited post game, but if you actually knew what you were talking about then you would know that 2011 and '12 Dwight were HUGE improvements. I hate people who just say things like this. Kareem doesn't know what the fvck he's talking about either. And fvck Dwight too.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Dwight says he wants to learn from Hakeem. Kareem said Dwight said the same thing to him and never heard from him again.
except he's actually worked with Hakeem before.you guys make the most baseless comments.

GOBB
07-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Dwight Howard is not Spencer Hawes. He was proclaimed as a top 5 player in the league. Best big man. Dominant big man. He cried his way out of Orlando and then has specific destinations he would play for. After one year playing for a prestigious franchise he cant handle it. What NBA greats have played for 3 teams in 3 years? The criticism is warranted given his talent. Lakers history with great big men is well documented and yet this "big" cant carry his own gym bags. You have 2 legendary bigs that played for LA dissing Dwight. Fair game. The get over it outcry is silly. No one told him to announce his "decision" on twitter. :confusedshrug:

HorryIsMyMVP
07-09-2013, 12:35 AM

To be fair those are the guys who were always ripping on him even before he went to Houston.

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Nobody threw jabs at him when he was a laker. They were all happy to have him. They all praised him.

But as soon as he leaves, now they don't respect him, and now they throw jabs, and now they "don't care"??

Nobody is buying that. And I think we are all looking forward to the 2014 season :D

Simple as this. If Dwight wasn't such a douchebag and distraction while he was a Laker no one would throw jabs. Guys like Shaq and Kareem take PRIDE in being Lakers and they don't care for Dwight's clown act. Like one poster said it's pretty much saying don't let the door hit you on the way out, not I wish you had stayed.

Kobr
07-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Doesn't Shaq always rip Dwight Howard? I'm not trying to say that the Lakers organization and its fans aren't the least bit salty, but it's not like this Shaq ordeal is a new thing (or that important, for that matter).

And KAJ chimed in before Dwight even officially left. People are trying to make something outta nothing.

This.

PickernRoller
except he's actually worked with Hakeem before.you guys make the most baseless comments.

And he has learned nothing......

Bynum in comparison......a post game you can actually watch.

People are just giving their opinions. Reporters ask and they chime in. Everyone is entitled to theirs. So now if you have an opinion = you're butthurt. Sorry but that logic is retarded and you should f'ck yourself.

Eldrunko247
Dwight Howard is not Spencer Hawes. He was proclaimed as a top 5 player in the league. Best big man. Dominant big man. He cried his way out of Orlando and then has specific destinations he would play for. After one year playing for a prestigious franchise he cant handle it. What NBA greats have played for 3 teams in 3 years? The criticism is warranted given his talent. Lakers history with great big men is well documented and yet this "big" cant carry his own gym bags. You have 2 legendary bigs that played for LA dissing Dwight. Fair game. The get over it outcry is silly. No one told him to announce his "decision" on twitter. :confusedshrug:
What Goober said.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 12:41 AM
And he has learned nothing......

Bynum in comparison......a post game you can actually watch.

People are just giving their opinions. Reporters ask and they chime in. Everyone is entitled to theirs. So now if you have an opinion = you're butthurt. Sorry but that logic is retarded and you should f'ck yourself.
Seriously. How many Magic games did you watch in 2011? How many? If you watched any you would have seen the massive improvement. Stop acting like what you say is fact when you have no idea what the fvck you're talking about.

PJR
07-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Dwight may not be the most polished offensive player, but he still manages to get 18-20, while still being the best rebounder and interior paint defender in the game. Dude was coming off back surgery last year and still lead the NBA in rebouding.

There is definite butt hurt coming outta the 213. They know they're about to feel those Cedric Ceballos years again. :roll:

secund2nun
07-09-2013, 01:04 AM
I hate people who say this. PLease make educated comments. He has a limited post game, but if you actually knew what you were talking about then you would know that 2011 and '12 Dwight were HUGE improvements. I hate people who just say things like this. Kareem doesn't know what the fvck he's talking about either. And fvck Dwight too.

+1

The hate has gotten insane. Howard in 2011 in the playoffs had a nearly 50 point 20 rebound game against Atlanta. LA fans need to stop being entitled and thinking the world revolves around their self proclaimed "world's best city".

Btw, beaches in Southern Cali suck.

KNOW1EDGE
07-09-2013, 01:08 AM
+1

The hate has gotten insane. Howard in 2011 in the playoffs had a nearly 50 point 20 rebound game against Atlanta. LA fans need to stop being entitled and thinking the world revolves around their self proclaimed "world's best city".

EXACTLY!! But he sucks though right? and has no offensive game right?

Just another example of blind laker homers throwing salt, its embarrassing.

iDunkOnFatKids
07-09-2013, 01:10 AM

Kareem must be a super asshole. Even his son didn't have nice thing to say about him.

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 01:11 AM
EXACTLY!! But he sucks though right? and has no offensive game right?

Just another example of blind laker homers throwing salt, its embarrassing.

People have been talking about Dwight's limited post game since before he came to Los Angeles. And if he left any other team than Lakers **** like you and second2nun wouldn't even care enough to post.

KNOW1EDGE
07-09-2013, 01:16 AM
People have been talking about Dwight's limited post game since before he came to Los Angeles. And if he left any other team than Lakers **** like you and second2nun wouldn't even care enough to post.

If he left any other team but the Lakers their fans would still be able to admit Dwight is good at basketball and they are sad he left. :hammerhead:

EDIT: and those people who supposedly have been talking about dwights limited post-game before he left the lakers are just as stupid as the people taking about it now

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Not a fanboy, but there are a lot of irrational Laker haters in this thread. Fact is, Dwight's offense is ****ing pathetic. Kareem said it. Shaq has hinted at it for a few years now.

DuMa
Lakers fans gonna continue being salty all season long huh?

PickernRoller
Seriously. How many Magic games did you watch in 2011? How many? If you watched any you would have seen the massive improvement. Stop acting like what you say is fact when you have no idea what the fvck you're talking about.

Lol WTF are you talking about anyway? Plz tell me. You mean to tell me Dwight improving physically somehow alters his skill level? If so kill yourself.

That's what's been discussed. That's what the comments address. Improving physically allows him to be more effective at what he already does. What he already does skill-wise is CRAP when considering his "potential". That does not mean his CRAP ain't effective or productive - putbacks, alley-oop dunks and that running hook that misses more than it hits.

There is no butthurt involved. This ain't now news. Dwight is a very athletic player who uses his athleticism to make up for what he does not have, SKILL. How does that make the correct observations false? He's still the same player he was in 09 - little to no improvements in 11'. As a matter of fact, his Free-throw shooting got worse. Playing in a system that packed the paint with guards relative to what he had in Orlando also doubled the turnover issue.

KNOW1EDGE
07-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Lol WTF are you talking about anyway? Plz tell me. You mean to tell me Dwight improving physically somehow alters his skill level? If so kill yourself.

That's what's been discussed. That's what the comments address. Improving physically allows him to be more effective at what he already does. What he already does skill-wise is CRAP when considering his "potential". That does not mean his CRAP ain't effective or productive - putbacks, alley-oop dunks and that running hook that misses more than it hits.

There is no butthurt involved. This ain't now news. Dwight is a very athletic player who uses his athleticism to make up for what he does not have, SKILL. How does that make the correct observations false?

So exactly what Shaq did??

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-09-2013, 01:21 AM

:biggums:

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 01:22 AM

Yes. The only difference is that Shaq was also more skilled while at the same time being more physically dominant when he established position down-low(Size+weight+post game). Might as well watch Shaq work on the post before you make any stupid comment. Due to Shaq's size, not as mobile as Dwight thus the defense differential.

lakeshow1
07-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Stay salty.

Stay off topic.

There isn't anything stated that is not correct.

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 01:25 AM
If he left any other team but the Lakers their fans would still be able to admit Dwight is good at basketball and they are sad he left. :hammerhead:

EDIT: and those people who supposedly have been talking about dwights limited post-game before he left the lakers are just as stupid as the people taking about it now

No one's saying Dwight not good at basketball. But these are actual NBA players that know more than any fans on this board that are making these comments. NBA centers that know what it takes to win multi championships and become true legends. Maybe you should read up on what Dwight's teammates in Orlando said about him when he left there too. Dwight reminds me of another Orlando superstar that bitched his way out of his situation because he thought the grass was greener on the other side and didn't win end up winning anything in Houston.

oh the horror
07-09-2013, 01:27 AM

You just finished reading an article where two legends of the game don't think much of Howard and this is where you went?

Look, most of you clowns can say whatever. Laker nation isn't crying about it. It just happened so you WILL hear opinions on the matter. But the fact remains at the end of the day no one is losing any sleep over it.

oh the horror
07-09-2013, 01:28 AM

You didn't see much of Shaq if you believe that.

Great passer, good hands and post moves dude. Stop.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 01:29 AM

There is no butthurt involved. This ain't now news. Dwight is a very athletic player who uses his athleticism to make up for what he does not have, SKILL. How does that make the correct observations false? He's still the same player he was in 09 - little to no improvements in 11'. As a matter of fact, his Free-throw shooting got worse. Playing in a system that packed the paint with guards relative to what he had in Orlando also doubled the turnover issue.
Your logic fvcking sucks. T-Mac was incredibly skilled too. What did a back injury do to him? You act like you know what the fvck your talking about but your really just a blink Lakers fan. You didn't watch him In '09 or '11 so my point is to shut the fvck up

oh the horror
07-09-2013, 01:34 AM
+1

Then you haven't been to the right beaches.

If your family wasnt so broke maybe you can venture into the nicer spots son.

KNOW1EDGE
07-09-2013, 01:37 AM
You didn't see much of Shaq if you believe that.

Great passer, good hands and post moves dude. Stop.

A great passer? lol

He had good post moves, ill give you that.

But the reason shaq was so successful is cuz he was able to bully, strong arm, and out basically move guys out of his way.

Sabonis was 20x more skilled than Shaq, but Shaq would just bully Sabas in the paint.

Shaq never had a soft touch around the hoop, never could score from more than 8 feet out, never had a very good hook shot, he was just strong, that was it.

MOST DOMINANT BIG MAN I HAVE EVER SEEN, but he wasn't a natural born basketball player, just a strong, athletic big man who used his abilities the right ways:applause:

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 01:39 AM
There are articles on non Lakers fans or anyone related to the Lakers all criticizing Dwight. Now can people kindly STFU about all this Lakers are salty crap.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/magic-basketblog/os-mbb-rashard-lewis-dwight-howard-comments-disrespectful-20130306,0,2360934.post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/07/dwight-howard-orlando-magic-los-angeles-lakers/1969913/
http://lakernation.com/jeff-van-gundys-rant-on-dwight-howard/

grantz
07-09-2013, 01:44 AM
+1

The water maybe dirty but cali will always have the hottest women.

secund2nun
07-09-2013, 01:45 AM

His offense, even at it's undeveloped form, is still decent. He scores at a high percent and can give you 20 ppg. I'll take that any day. I have been praising Dwight's abilities even when he was on LA.

secund2nun
07-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Then you haven't been to the right beaches.

If your family wasnt so broke maybe you can venture into the nicer spots son.

I've been all up and down the Southern Cali coast. Every beach there has non-clear water that is cold year round even in the summer.

oh the horror
07-09-2013, 01:47 AM
A great passer? lol

He had good post moves, ill give you that.

But the reason shaq was so successful is cuz he was able to bully, strong arm, and out basically move guys out of his way.

Sabonis was 20x more skilled than Shaq, but Shaq would just bully Sabas in the paint.

Shaq never had a soft touch around the hoop, never could score from more than 8 feet out, never had a very good hook shot, he was just strong, that was it.

MOST DOMINANT BIG MAN I HAVE EVER SEEN, but he wasn't a natural born basketball player, just a strong, athletic big man who used his abilities the right ways:applause:

Ok. :rolleyes:

oh the horror
07-09-2013, 01:49 AM
There are articles on non Lakers fans or anyone related to the Lakers all criticizing Dwight. Now can people kindly STFU about all this Lakers are salty crap.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/magic-basketblog/os-mbb-rashard-lewis-dwight-howard-comments-disrespectful-20130306,0,2360934.post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/07/dwight-howard-orlando-magic-los-angeles-lakers/1969913/

They won't read those dude. Apparently it's just because its the Lakers. Their fans are "entitled" and center of the universe.

Forget the BS this dude brought in Orlando or his ex teammates ripping him.

Forget people talking about his post game, just forget all of that. No it's because we're all so so mad.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 01:50 AM

Those are all criticizing his attitude. We already know he's a douchebag, but you Lakers fan criticize his skill level over hurt feelings.

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Your logic fvcking sucks. T-Mac was incredibly skilled too. What did a back injury do to him? You act like you know what the fvck your talking about but your really just a blink Lakers fan. You didn't watch him In '09 or '11 so my point is to shut the fvck up

Ok...so I didn't watch Dwight in 09' and 11' cause you say so. You got no way to prove a point or make any logical argument so you dismiss me as a blind Laker fan and you bring up T-Mac like it has any relevance on any of my points - it has none.

The theme with you is trying to "get back" at "Laker fans" who you claim "laughed off" at you and Magic fans when they got Dwight. So now, in a quest for revenge you go into every Dwight related thread and just troll left and right any Laker fan. Trolled the wrong person I guess.

His skill level is crap potential wise. Average for today's league, whether healthy Dwight, 09, 11 or "hurt" 12'. Dude has a lot of potential (which everyone is quick to point out) but not harnessed. He's either a low IQ moron that doesn't understand the need for a Basketball Pro to improve or, he doesn't care like most bigs in today's league because he can be successful with his athleticism alone - aka weak era for centers. Either or, I don't care. He's no longer in my team.

STFU.

oh the horror
07-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Those are all criticizing his attitude. We already know he's a douchebag, but you Lakers fan criticize his skill level over hurt feelings.

Yo you can punch the walls in your room and cry into your pillow all you'd like, the fact remains Dwight has SERIOUS holes in his game.

But hey, who the fu*k is Kareem Abdul Jabbar to argue with you man?

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Ok...so I didn't watch Dwight in 09' and 11' cause you say so. You got no way to prove a point or make any logical argument so you dismiss me as a blind Laker fan and you bring up T-Mac like it has any relevance on any of my points - it has none.

The theme with you is trying to "get back" at "Laker fans" who you claim "laughed off" at you and Magic fans when they got Dwight. So now, in a quest for revenge you go into every Dwight related thread and just troll left and right any Laker fan. Trolled the wrong person I guess.

His skill level is crap potential wise. Average for today's league, whether healthy Dwight, 09, 11 or "hurt" 12'. Dude has a lot of potential (which everyone is quick to point out) but not harnessed. He's either a low IQ moron that doesn't understand the need for a Basketball Pro to improve or, he doesn't care like most bigs in today's league because he can be successful with his athleticism alone - aka weak era for centers. Either or, I don't care. He's no longer in my team.

STFU.
I brought up T-Mac to show you how an injury can even effect a skilled player. Since you said an injury doesn't effect his skills. YOu DIDN'T watch the Magic consistently EVER or you wouldn't be making the comments you are right now. You're butthurt, and upset and you won't even admit it.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Yo you can punch the walls in your room and cry into your pillow all you'd like, the fact remains Dwight has SERIOUS holes in his game.

See the thing is I don't give a fvck where Dwight has holes in his game. I'll be the first one to admit that, but making sh!t up and passing it as fact is typical of you guys. Don't make comments when you don't know what the hell your talking about.

Heavincent
07-09-2013, 02:08 AM
[QUOTE]

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 02:12 AM
I brought up T-Mac to show you how an injury can even effect a skilled player. Since you said an injury doesn't effect his skills. YOu DIDN'T watch the Magic consistently EVER or you wouldn't be making the comments you are right now. You're butthurt, and upset and you won't even admit it.

Kobe 2005 then Kobe 2006. Kobe 2010-11 then Kobe 2012. Not that it applies.

You're still bringing an irrelevant example. You're just dumber than I though not to understand how it's irrelevant. But I'll let that work your brain up. Hopefully you get it in 5 days time if your brain allows it.

I have already said 09 and 11 Dwight skill level is average for today's league. Crap if you consider his potential. And I did watch Dwight in 09 and 11. You saying I didn't doesn't make it true. The comments and observations apply to all versions of Dwight, Dwight 12' being the worse, discounting his first 4 years or so of development. His post game is CRAP.

Admit you're a lost and now butthurt you got called out. Done here.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 02:12 AM
If Kareem hasn't seen improvement in Dwight, then he simply hasn't watched him. It's not rocket science.

oh the horror
07-09-2013, 02:13 AM
Most spot on assessment of Howard I have heard.

Because its the truth. We all saw it. Dude would bring the ball low, fumble, get stripped (a lot) or get tied up.

He absolutely HAS TO work on his post game or his shit won't evolve well as that athleticism fades.

Mad people out here were concerned about maxing him out for years.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player and defensively he's a beast but I believe Dwight is delusional about his offensive game.

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 02:14 AM
If Kareem hasn't seen improvement in Dwight, then he simply hasn't watched him. It's not rocket science.

That's like saying a baby learning how to walk is a comparable improvement to a skilled sprint runner putting 5 years into his craft.

Yep you're done.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Kobe 2005 then Kobe 2006. Kobe 2010-11 then Kobe 2012. Not that it applies.

You're still bringing an irrelevant example. You're just dumber than I though not to understand how it's irrelevant. But I'll let that work your brain up. Hopefully you get it in 5 days time if your brain allows it.

I have already said 09 and 11 Dwight skill level is average for today's league. Crap if you consider his potential. And I did watch Dwight in 09 and 11. You saying I didn't doesn't make it true. The comments and observations apply to all versions of Dwight, Dwight 12' being the worse, discounting his first 4 years or so of development. His post game is CRAP.

Admit you're a lost and now butthurt you got called out. Done here.
I brought up T-Mac because he also had a back injury. Those are more severe, especially to post players. You didn't watch jack sh!t so don't act like you did. You Lakers fans try to rewrite history. I don't care how shit Dwight is now and how he'll play in the future. I only care about his time in a Magic jersey. Now let me bold this for you so maybe you'll understand: If you don't see massive improvement in Dwight Howard from '09 then you simply haven't watched him.

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 02:22 AM
I brought up T-Mac because he also had a back injury. Those are more severe, especially to post players. You didn't watch jack sh!t so don't act like you did. You Lakers fans try to rewrite history. I don't care how shit Dwight is now and how he'll play in the future. I only care about his time in a Magic jersey. Now let me bold this for you so maybe you'll understand: If you don't see massive improvement in Dwight Howard from '09 then you simply haven't watched him.

That's like saying a baby learning how to walk is a comparable improvement to a skilled sprint runner putting 5 years into his craft.

Yep you're done.

----------
Vote Puig folks - only a few days left.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2013/fv/ballot.jsp?tcid=ASG13_HP_MW

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 02:26 AM

Yep you're done.

----------
Vote Puig folks - only a few days left.
How mad are you? Now your just making stuff up. :lol
Have fun either as a middle of the pack team or in the lottery with us :roll: :roll:

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 02:31 AM
How mad are you? Now your just making stuff up. :lol
Have fun either as a middle of the pack team or in the lottery with us :roll: :roll:

Ignore, ignore away.......ignore the whole world, saving face is what you do best. Novice...and to say I treated you nice. I am usually worse.

I always have fun being a Laker's fan, through the ups and downs. The drama, the unknown, the excitement, the success and the failure. You can't always win.

You're definitely worked up and mad. But it was clear since 2 pages back.

Xsatyr
07-09-2013, 02:35 AM
Stay off topic.

There isn't anything stated that is not correct.

Still salty.

The-Legend-24
07-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Have fun in the lottery with us!
We just had one of the worst seasons in franchise history, and we still made the playoffs. Meanwhile in Orlando.. :roll:

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 02:40 AM
Ignore, ignore away.......ignore the whole world, saving face is what you do best. Novice...and to say I treated you nice. I am usually worse.

I always have fun being a Laker's fan, through the ups and downs. The drama, the unknown, the excitement, the success and the failure. You can't always win.

You're definitely worked up and mad. But it was clear since 2 pages back.
What would I be mad about? My team is in a good position to be good soon. Tons of young players and cap space. Better than the senior citizens in LA :roll:

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 02:43 AM
What would I be mad about? My team is in a good position to be good soon. Tons of young players and cap space. Better than the senior citizens in LA :roll:

:rolleyes:

Weak....I don't know if you know who you're talking to or if you know and this is the best you got. Definitely done, good night.

Big_Dogg
07-09-2013, 02:43 AM

It is now :lol

Quizno
07-09-2013, 02:45 AM
dude, no :oldlol:

no matter what position orlando is in, the lakers will always be in a better position to win championships just by virtue of being the lakers. sorry, but it's true

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 02:46 AM
:rolleyes:

Weak....I don't know if you know who you're talking to or if you know and this is the best you got. Definitely done, good night.
Said that 3 times already! When will you log off?

ace23
07-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Not sure that Dwight had that running hook he has now in '09. He's definitely added some moves. Kareem just salty tbh

PickernRoller
07-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Not sure that Dwight had that running hook he has now in '09. He's definitely added some moves. Kareem just salty tbh

http://youtu.be/214VYNGaFb0?t=30s

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 03:02 AM
http://youtu.be/214VYNGaFb0?t=30s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCCrNbWo94

Nick Young
07-09-2013, 03:09 AM
[QUOTE] [SIZE="7"]

Nick Young
07-09-2013, 03:13 AM
Dwight may not be the most polished offensive player, but he still manages to get 18-20, while still being the best rebounder and interior paint defender in the game. Dude was coming off back surgery last year and still lead the NBA in rebouding.

There is definite butt hurt coming outta the 213. They know they're about to feel those Cedric Ceballos years again. :roll:
18 points on garbage buckets and freethrows. He's just a garbage man, you cant give him the ball when the defense is set and expect him to score, but he cries and whines when he doesn't get back to the basket post up opportunities.

He is Ben Wallace on offense but thinks he's Kareem.

LMFAO
07-09-2013, 03:15 AM
some mighty butt hurt Lakers . If their ponocha did not hurt so bad they would just wish him well and let it go.

DDensity
07-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Every Lakers fan who actually understands basketball was not upset about losing Dwight. There's no question he wasn't 100% but he was rounding into form towards the end of the year. Nonetheless, we saw him pout constantly about his lack of touches, despite the fact that he was getting stripped in the post constantly.

There's a simple way to determine whether a player is a superstar (he's not). If your team is down by 1 with 10 seconds left in the game, would you ever draw up a play for Dwight? What do you think he's going to do in that scenario? Some awkward attempt at a post, either being stripped or resulting in a horrible shot. Or, he goes to the line under pressure, where he's sure to shine. Come on.

Dwight is an amazing defensive player. The reason for that is his timing and athleticism, both of which are natural gifts. Any part of the game a big man would have to develop is completely lacking. Answer a simple question: what have you seen him add to his offensive game since 2009? The guy doesn't have a single go-to move you can rely on.

If big men weren't so hard to come by, he's the center equivalent of Tony Allen.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Every Lakers fan who actually understands basketball was not upset about losing Dwight. There's no question he wasn't 100% but he was rounding into form towards the end of the year. Nonetheless, we saw him pout constantly about his lack of touches, despite the fact that he was getting stripped in the post constantly.

There's a simple way to determine whether a player is a superstar (he's not). If your team is down by 1 with 10 seconds left in the game, would you ever draw up a play for Dwight? What do you think he's going to do in that scenario? Some awkward attempt at a post, either being stripped or resulting in a horrible shot. Or, he goes to the line under pressure, where he's sure to shine. Come on.

Dwight is an amazing defensive player. The reason for that is his timing and athleticism, both of which are natural gifts. Any part of the game a big man would have to develop is completely lacking. Answer a simple question: what have you seen him add to his offensive game since 2009? The guy doesn't have a single go-to move you can rely on.

If big men weren't so hard to come by, he's the center equivalent of Tony Allen.
Healthy Dwight is an obvious superstar. That's not debatable. Again, if you think his offensive game hasn't improved from '09 then you just haven't watched the Magic!

Soundwave
07-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Stay classy Lakers.

BoutPractice
07-09-2013, 03:40 AM
People always talk about Dwight's lack of skills. I see that as less of a problem than his lack of offensive feel for the game, which is much harder to "learn".

Back to the old legends... I noticed that most of them are either
- bitter old men who exaggerate the flaws of current players so they look better ("he's just a jumping fool", etc.)
- corporate and politically correct personalities who overrate the hell out of current players

And all of them are prone to selective memory, hyperbole, and have problems with the concept of rankings (they'll say multiple players, plays, games, are "the greatest they've ever seen").

As a result you rarely get an informed, valuable opinion from them.

LMFAO
07-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Stay classy Lakers.
:cheers:

tomtucker
07-09-2013, 03:56 AM
Everything was true though, and I hate both Shaq and Kareem. If you have an OUNCE of competitive fire in your body you wouldn't respect the player and person Dwight is ... Kareem's odd ass was right, Dwight is the same player in 2013 he was in 2009, only difference is he no longer has the same amount of athleticism.

+ 7 more kids to worry about (paying for)

Nebraskanball
07-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Damn, this anime watching weeaboo sure seems angry.

Fallen Angel
07-09-2013, 04:09 AM

Why the f*ck didn't Jabbar talk shit when the Lakers signed him? Where were all these Laker legends then?

These all reeks of butt-hurtism. Argue all you want and point out his flaws all you want, bottom line is Lakers still traded for him and begged him to stay. He didn't so now Lakernation is butt-hurt. Grow up.

First game Dwight plays @ Staples center against the Lakers he will get booed. That is fact, Dwight will get booed.

"b...bu...but we don't care if leaves. We couldn't care less".

Right. Dwight will get booed, there's a reason for that.

Two words: Butt. Hurt.

:yaohappy:

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Damn, this anime watching weeaboo sure seems angry.
not a weaboo but ok

Doranku
07-09-2013, 08:18 AM
What are people even arguing about? All of what Kareem said should be common knowledge by now.

There's nothing even remotely debatable about what he said. :confusedshrug:

Mr Exlax
07-09-2013, 08:35 AM
I wish Kareem would've said something about Dwight's offensive skillset after he had worked with Hakeem. He added some stuff that season and the season after that. This last season though. It was just so bad. Could've been the back surgery. Nobody looks the same a few months after the procedure.

Rubio2Gasol
07-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Now that he's gone - they can say what they actually think. Before they had to tip toe around their issues with him for fear of hurting his delicate feelings.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2013, 09:37 AM

32jazz
07-09-2013, 09:37 AM
You just finished reading an article where two legends of the game don't think much of Howard and this is where you went?

Look, most of you clowns can say whatever. Laker nation isn't crying about it. It just happened so you WILL hear opinions on the matter. But the fact remains at the end of the day no one is losing any sleep over it.

And they keep saying sour grapes ,but Shaq has been critical of Howard before he got to L.A. , while he was there ,etc......Shaq couldn't wait for Howard to leave so he can boast that Howard cannot walk in his shoes.

Doubt if Kareem feels threatened by D Howard & is usually diplomatic, but being honest about Howard .

And James Worthy was never a fan of Howard let it be known during Free agency & when Howard signed . If anyone read any past articles lately they would know. Just a few headlines you can google the articles :

"James Worthy is Not Impressed by Dwight Howard"-Yahoo Sports
Sep.13/2012

"Sounds Like Dwight Howard has to win James Worthy Over" CBS Sports Sept.13/2012

"Lakers Great James Worthy: Bynum Just as Good as Howard" NBA.com
July 16 2012(Before Howard signed)

"Worthy 'not a fan' of Dwight Howard" Atlanta Black Star
Sept. 13 2012

Many Laker greats have always been skeptical & underwhelmed by Dwight Howard.

guy
07-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Its true that Dwight probably couldn't handle the LA spotlight and he's not nearly as great as he thinks he is, and definitely not as great as past Laker centers. With that said, this is still the Lakers fault. They basically chose D'Antoni over Howard and surrounded Howard with a bunch of old guys and promised him POTENTIAL free agents. Anyone should be able to see that Houston was clearly a better basketball situation.

TheGreatDeraj
07-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I think Kareem, Shaq and worthy all have valid points to an extent. Dwight takes criticism personally instead of a challenge to get better.

Dwight did improve from 09 - 11, but not nearly enough to be an all-time great scoring center. He is a superstar and you can build a championship team around him, but just not as the number 1 scoring option. If Dwight would have listened to Kobe and others and played a Bill Russell like game where he was more focused on getting others open by setting hard screens, running the floor hard, locking down the paint and focusing on offensive rebound and deep paint position while kobe/pau/nash worked their offensive games we wouldn't be having this conversation, because Lakers would have had way more success with less drama.

But since he didn't and he thinks he is an amazing post player we are where we are. Even in his 45/20 playoff game he still had 8? 10? turnovers. He refuses to set solid screen. He prefers to make little to no contact then slip to the basket. He has poor hands and gets striped more than any center I've seen. In all his years in the league he has never learned to hold the ball high like pau, bynum and every other good laker center.

As for his actual post game he has a decent, not great, drop step, and spin. That's about it though. His running hook, jump hook, jumper are all lacking and he rarely if ever does a nice shimmy, a move then counter-move, a step through, an up and under or any advanced move. If you force him to take more than one dribble before his shot it's going to be a turnover or missed shot most of the time.

I know he was injured and will be better next year, but damn he is frustrating as hell to watch. Even though He doesn't seem to have a good feel around the basket, he still has the potential to be so much better offensively if he just had a couple go to moves with counters.

Take Your Lumps
07-09-2013, 11:13 AM
He is a superstar and you can build a championship team around him, but just not as the number 1 scoring option. If Dwight would have listened to Kobe and others and played a Bill Russell like game where he was more focused on getting others open by setting hard screens, running the floor hard, locking down the paint and focusing on offensive rebound and deep paint position while kobe/pau/nash worked their offensive games we wouldn't be having this conversation, because Lakers would have had way more success with less drama.

SVG convinced him to do exactly this during that 2009 championship run and they almost pulled it off on the back of his stellar defensive play during those playoffs.

There were several playoff games where he had 6-8 blocks. He had 9 blocks in game 4 vs. the Lakers. Just look at how hard he was going on that end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDDdcnl3DCc

After that Finals loss, Dwight's really shifted his focus away from the defensive end to try and develop some sort of post game as a #1 option and that's where the wheels began to fall off.

That Magic team would NEVER have beaten Lebron's Cavs if Dwight Howard was the #1 option. Everyone knew that but Dwight.

tpols
07-09-2013, 11:20 AM
SVG convinced him to do exactly this during that 2009 championship run and they almost pulled it off on the back of his stellar defensive play during those playoffs.

There were several playoff games where he had 6-8 blocks.

After that Finals loss, Dwight's really shifted his focus away from the defensive end to try and develop some sort of post game as a #1 option and that's where the wheels began to fall off.

That Magic team would NEVER have beaten Lebron's Cavs if Dwight Howard was the #1 option. Everyone knew that but Dwight.
Yup.. it was hedo creating when it counted and shooters knocking down looong shots.

Jameerthefear
07-09-2013, 11:35 AM

There were several playoff games where he had 6-8 blocks. He had 9 blocks in game 4 vs. the Lakers. Just look at how hard he was going on that end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDDdcnl3DCc

I guess that is why they doubled so much right? You know that's how shooters were open most of the time right?

mehyaM24
07-09-2013, 11:39 AM
left out in all of this?....kobe's leadership. this is third center he's ran out of town. why would free agents want to sign with a sidekick ballhogging aging chucker? they wouldn't....:lol

Replay32
07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
I agree with what shaq said. The only part I disagree with Kareem was the where he said Dwight has "peaked". Honestly we really don't know that. I think Dwight can get better offensively. We just have to see how that plays out. But watching dwight as a laker every night, I was shocked how poor fundamentally he was in the post and how many "dumb" fouls he would commit consistently.

Dwight didn't even show that he knew the proper way to post up. This could be due to the back injury, but it was very suprising.

I don't have a problem with him choosing Houston, if he felt that was the best fit for him. He was a free agent. He exercised his right as a free agent. His reasoning made sense. Seems like he wanted to learn from Mchale and Hakeem to get better. Plus Houston is younger with talent. Can't knock him for that.

But the lakers culture IMO starts and ends with Kobe Bryant (which is sad). This is a guy that in 2004 shot the lakers out of a chance to win a title by hogging the ball. That summer he became a free agent and refused to play with Shaq and was willing to "bolt" (just like Dwight) to the clippers. The lakers granted him his wish by trading shaq ASAP, so he changes his mind and signs with the Lakers. I find it funny that he was so butt hurt that he sent several tweets in response to Dwight's decision. He must of forgot about the summer of 2004.

There has been a divide in lakers land since the Kobe era of the lakers. There are true lakers fans who are rational and want whats best for the team. Then there are "kobe fans" who blame everybody under the sun except for kobe. Honestly I'm sick of it want it to end. Kobe is one of the greatest player I've ever seen, but the drama among players seems to gravitate to him. And has filtered down to the "Lakers" fan-base. I miss the showtime lakers so much. :lol

Kobe's leadership skills are not great to say the least. It's one thing to be a "hard ass", but when you step on the court your teammates should feel like they are part of a collective unit. I've been watching basketball since 1986, and kobe is the only player that I've seen Consistently break the offense and shoot the ball 8+ straight times in a game because it's "Kobe Time". Even if it means shooting or forcing a shot over a triple team. The lakers can be winning or losing. Bringing back Phil Jackson (the triangle) and Derek fisher really helped kobe leadership-wise because they are winners and people he respect. The lakers were able to win 2 more titles by kobe playing great ball, the leadership and "clutchness" of fisher and aqcuiring pau.

Now that fish and phil are gone again, this team has been a mess. Once again, nobody can tell kobe nothing not even his coach. The Lakers dropped the ball hiring D'antoni, but kobe tries too hard to be MJ as a player and a leader. At some point Kobe is going to have to take a step back (sacrifice) and be more team oriented as a leader and a player. And when are the lakers gonna get a quality SG to back up kobe?

Anyway...

Howard obviously wasn't feeling the lakers culture as a franchise, so he left. What's done is done. I not sure howard be the right guy going foward for the future anyways. He didn't show me anything last year in that regard. The lakers will bounce back like they always do.

MaxFly
07-09-2013, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE]

32jazz
07-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Quite funny given that I heard this complaint/observation from Laker Fans and Non-Laker fans alike quite a bit last season. Even a passive observation of a number of games last season would have drawn most to the same conclusion.

I think it will be good for him to work with Dream to further refine (or for some, completely develop) his offensive game. Kareem, while a legend, also doesn't seem like all that approachable, so I'm not surprised that Dwight, with his injuries, did pursue Kareem further in that goal.

While Kareem can be a bit aloof at times he has mellowed a bit with age & reached out to Howard whom he says he only met 1 time while in L.A.

He arrogantly snubbed Kareem's offer to help him offensively. Bynum was a young awkward 17 year old kid with bad foot work with whom Kareem worked wonders, Howard has relatively polished foot work.

After learning the very basic foundation of his ALL Star game Bynum snubbed Kareem as well & said he basically had 'learned all he could'from Kareem'(to paraphrase).

I believe Howard thought that his basic foot work was fine & beyond that Kareem could teach him little as he (like other young players) was uninterested in the greatest offensive weapon ever(skyhook). Like Kareem says young players think it's 'uncool':facepalm

But if I were Howard or any NBA player I would be like a sponge & learn every thing possible from every great who is willing to help. If he only learned 1 or 2 new things from Kareem that's 2 additions to his game.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Lakers fans gonna continue being salty all season long huh?
maybe we'll just switch teams every couple years like yourself.

grantz
07-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Dwight is a great player and will be top 3 in this league IMO. However, the way he handled the Laker team, the office, the fans -- all say one thing.

Dwight just doesn't respond well to pressure.

He's going to have a career season this year in Houston. I would be surprised if Houston gets out of the first round of the playoffs next season. Dwight persevering through a tough situation, leading, is something anyone has yet to see.

Dog Kobe all you want. He may not have made the wisest decisions every play, but he always faced the game head on.

Smoke117
07-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Yawwn..Shaq has always had a big mouth.

tpols
07-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Yawwn..Shaq has always had a big mouth.
Yea and so has Kareem right?

:oldlol:

Goldrush25
07-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Why can't it just be that Dwight Howard picked the team with the brighter future?

Even with Howard who (besides Lakers fans) thought they had any chance to challenge for the Western conference title? That team's window closed once Kobe snapped his Achilles.

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Why can't it just be that Dwight Howard picked the team with the brighter future?

Even with Howard who (besides Lakers fans) thought they had any chance to challenge for the Western conference title? That team's window closed once Kobe snapped his Achilles.

He wasn't even a Laker for one year. Nobody knows what the Lakers could have done to improve or who they would sign in the offseason. He never embraced being a Laker or even gave it a shot. That's why there's so much backlash. Team's fortunes can change quickly, if I asked you who had the better future 2 years ago between the Lakers and Rockets you'd say the Lakers. Dwight wanted no part in working towards something and he didn't even pretend to try while he was in LA.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-09-2013, 10:06 PM

Why can't people admit to Dwight's faults? :confusedshrug:

HorryIsMyMVP
07-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Why can't people admit to Kobe's? Dwight just sped the process of bailing on him up.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Why can't people admit to Kobe's? Dwight just sped the process of bailing on him up.

Not speaking for everybody, but I always do. Guy is a horrible "leader" and fake tough-guy. :lol

RRR3
07-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Not speaking for everybody, but I always do. Guy is a horrible "leader" and fake tough-guy. :lol
Inb4 Kobe Kidz

Legends66NBA7
07-09-2013, 10:32 PM

I guess it's usually because his positives outweigh the negatives, so it's good enough to not admit his clownish behavior.

TheOne
07-10-2013, 03:02 AM
LMAO at those 'can not handle pressure/spotlight' bullshit. Houston is a better team with a better chance of success. Simple as that. Lakers are screwed for the next few years. Good luck with Kobe as 1st option.

Bandito
07-10-2013, 05:10 AM

The Legends weren't talking about him leaving. They were talking about how unskilled he is on offense and that he's not a good offensive player at all. Dwight is an athletic Tyson Chandler at best.

Doranku
07-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Horrible leaders don't win back-to-back finals MVPs.

Fake tough guys don't walk out on a torn Achilles and wet two clutch FTs.

Take your L, fakkit.