PDA

View Full Version : kobe, Carmelo, Pau 2015 champs???

INDI
07-09-2013, 01:06 PM
The target is and has always been Melo for summer 2014. Kobe has played the big brother to melo for years. There is no chance to form a championship contender with the knicks in the forseeable future.

the lakers give melo just as large a market as new york, the ability to form a big three, his wife works mainly in LA so she would push him as well.

by the 2014-15 season I am positive kobe would be willing to play as a 1b to melos 1a and I can see a ultimate showdown against the heat in 2015.

what say you???

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Melo isn't a winner.

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Melo isn't a winner.

:coleman:

He won a NCAA championship

INDI
07-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Forgot to mention that with all of the money the lakers will have freed, they will be able to add some key role players similar to what the heat did in 2010

WayOfWade
07-09-2013, 01:10 PM
It's possible. I mean, it's incredibly unlikely, but still possible.

TheReturn
07-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Melo isn't leaving NY.

HurricaneKid
07-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Kobe and Pau will be well over the other side of the hill in 2 years. We'll see what kind of discount they will take and what they will be.

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Melo isn't a winner.Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen weren't winners either.

If the correct supporting cast is built around 1 or two 2 superstars in this league, that team is easily a contender.

alec613
07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
There's only 1 ball.
Then again, Kobe has always like Melo's attitude and his serious approach to the game

HurricaneKid
07-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Forgot to mention that with all of the money the lakers will have freed, they will be able to add some key role players similar to what the heat did in 2010

If the Lakers still have Pau and Kobe they won't have ANY room unless they start taking some really big discounts.

Zedja
07-09-2013, 01:15 PM
**** no that team is gonna suck

Haymaker
07-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Sure if they play with two balls.

alec613
07-09-2013, 01:19 PM
If the Lakers still have Pau and Kobe they won't have ANY room unless they start taking some really big discounts.

Which I'm pretty sure they will

INDI
07-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Melo isn't leaving NY.

His second best player is a oft injured and diminished amare and crazy jr smith

kobe/melo/pau >>> j.r./melo/amare.

la is a more winning franchise

more fun

wife works there

best friends work there (kobe and cpaul)

Can get greater endorsements, which leads to more money

Knicks are declining not improving and if they get bounced in the second round again, I guarantee he is gone

D-Rose
07-09-2013, 01:23 PM
It's going to be difficult for Melo to leave NY mostly because of the money. He'd first off opt out of $24 mill in 14-15 to become a FA and earlier in season would have to turn down a 3 year $75 mill extension from NY...I believe Lakers can offer 5 years $100 mill max.

INDI
07-09-2013, 01:29 PM
It's going to be difficult for Melo to leave NY mostly because of the money. He'd first off opt out of $24 mill in 14-15 to become a FA and earlier in season would have to turn down a 3 year $75 mill extension from NY...I believe Lakers can offer 5 years $100 mill max.

Melo in LA with Kobe would start a media frenzy, giving him all kinds of new endorsement deals. He will probably make more than he does with the knicks just because of that

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Kobe and Gasol will be done by 2015.

Kobe retiring after next season

Goldrush25
07-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Why do people think Melo and Kobe on the same team would work? All ball movement stops when they get the ball.

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 01:35 PM

Never missed the playoffs either.

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Why do people think Melo and Kobe on the same team would work? All ball movement stops when they get the ball.How in the world did Team USA win Gold with Kobe and Melo both starting?

Idk Gibson, both players probably sacrificed shots here and there to create better opportunities for their teammates :facepalm

If it worked on Team USA im sure it can work in LA. IDK about Champs, but contenders at the least.

HurricaneKid
07-09-2013, 01:41 PM

Why on earth would you be sure Kobe is going to take less??

D-Rose
07-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Melo in LA with Kobe would start a media frenzy, giving him all kinds of new endorsement deals. He will probably make more than he does with the knicks just because of that
Come on, you don't actually believe that bull shit...do you? Superstars can make endorsement $ ANYWHERE...look at LeBron in Cleveland. not to mention NY is a larger market than LA, so by your logic, you fail anyway.

alec613
07-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Why on earth would you be sure Kobe is going to take less??

Why on earth would you be sure Kobe's gonna debilitate the team's roster spending at age 36?

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2013, 01:46 PM

Wow, has it gotten really that bad for Melo stans? Next you guys are going to bring up his scoring title and jersey sales.

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2013, 01:47 PM
The target is and has always been Melo for summer 2014.
"Always" being defined as, "since Dwight Howard signed on with Houston."

Unbiased_one
07-09-2013, 01:48 PM
The target is and has always been Melo for summer 2014. Kobe has played the big brother to melo for years. There is no chance to form a championship contender with the knicks in the forseeable future.

the lakers give melo just as large a market as new york, the ability to form a big three, his wife works mainly in LA so she would push him as well.

by the 2014-15 season I am positive kobe would be willing to play as a 1b to melos 1a and I can see a ultimate showdown against the heat in 2015.

what say you???

Melo and Kobe are already the first and second options for their teams...no way they can play together.

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2013, 01:51 PM
"Always" being defined as, "since Dwight Howard signed on with Houston."

When they don't get Melo, the target will have "always" been Kevin Love. Than when they don't get him the target will have "always" been Paul Milsap :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
07-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Kobe and Melo wouldn't work together NOW much less in 2 years

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Wow, has it gotten really that bad for Melo stans? Next you guys are going to bring up his scoring title and jersey sales.

:facepalm

You are just a horrible poster.

You said he's not a winner but he won the NCAA championship in his first year in college as the main guy.

So how's he not a winner? Or are you gonna just forget that accomplishment?

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2013, 01:53 PM

You said he's not a winner but he won the NCAA championship in his first year in college as the main guy.

What has he won on the NBA level?

Scoring title.

great :applause:

Johnny Jones
07-09-2013, 01:55 PM

Scoring title.

Don't forgot about his Rookie Challenge MVP :applause:

AirTupac
07-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Kobe and Melo worked fine in the olympics. Kobe will most likely resign for 2 years or so (I feel like I can almost guarantee it especially since he wants to prove people wrong with his injury). He even stated he has probably 3 more good years in him. Kobe has a lottttttt of money so you never know if he resigns for 10-12 mill a year just for the sake of getting his 6th.

Unbiased_one
07-09-2013, 01:56 PM

Come on. Tyler Hansborough is probably the best college player of the last 15 years :lol:

INDI
07-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Come on, you don't actually believe that bull shit...do you? Superstars can make endorsement $ ANYWHERE...look at LeBron in Cleveland. not to mention NY is a larger market than LA, so by your logic, you fail anyway.

Its not about market but potential and buzz. Ex: while on the raptors Chris Bosh was a regular ball player. Now as a member of the heat, he has been on disney sitcoms and preparing for movies.

Melo will absolutely get more endorsements and will be more visible in LA

INDI
07-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Kobe and Melo worked fine in the olympics. Kobe will most likely resign for 2 years or so (I feel like I can almost guarantee it especially since he wants to prove people wrong with his injury). He even stated he has probably 3 more good years in him. Kobe has a lottttttt of money so you never know if he resigns for 10-12 mill a year just for the sake of getting his 6th.

Exactly!!! Kobe will resign for 10-12 so the lakers have the ability to put a championship caliber team around him for his last hurrah

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Don't forgot about his Rookie Challenge MVP :applause:

How could I forget!

Xiao Yao You
07-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Kobe and Carmelo with a shell of the old Gasol champs? :roll:

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2013, 02:01 PM

Scoring title.

Lebron just won 2 rings cause he had to join 2 other superstars and a bunch of allstars.

Melo never had a great team.

I don't even know why I'm responding to you:facepalm :banghead:

AirTupac
07-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Exactly!!! Kobe will resign for 10-12 so the lakers have the ability to put a championship caliber team around him for his last hurrah

Wouldnt surprise me if both Gasol and Kobe resigned in much cheaper contracts for that last run. Gasol has been loyal to the franchise more so than anyone recently. He's been through so much shit and yet Gasol still loves to play for the P+G. I feel like Kobe is smart enough to know that resigning at 10-12 mill give or take will give him the best chance to finally achieve his life long goal.

bluechox2
07-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Carmelo with a shell of the old Gasol and kobe as champs? :roll:
fixed

ClutchOver9000
07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Why all of a sudden is LA so interested in Melo? According to ISH, he's on the level of a Carlos Boozer. :rolleyes:

BTW... I dont see why Melo would go to LA to play w/ a 36 yr old Kobe who by then will have a shit ton of mileage on him and theoretically should have a noticeable decline and a 35 yr old Pau who's soft as hell and has been regressing each and every year.

Don't give me that market BS either, success-wise, the Knicks def aren't on the radar compared to the Lakers but NY is the largest market in the league.

bluechox2
07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
in ny, melo gets to be on tv alot, cant see holywood doing the same for poor acting

D-Rose
07-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Its not about market but potential and buzz. Ex: while on the raptors Chris Bosh was a regular ball player. Now as a member of the heat, he has been on disney sitcoms and preparing for movies.

Melo will absolutely get more endorsements and will be more visible in LA
I completely and utterly disagree. You have no proof: statistical or otherwise that shows that a star in LA gets more buzz and endorsements than if they're in NY. The freaking Knicks are given way more attention than any team if you consider the fact that they haven't been contenders in ages...the buzz of MSG and the largest city of America is far more than LA.

DuMa
07-09-2013, 02:29 PM
teams will be licking their chops to play that lineup... they will give up 109points on average every night

Goldrush25
07-09-2013, 02:47 PM
How in the world did Team USA win Gold with Kobe and Melo both starting?
Idk Gibson, both players probably sacrificed shots here and there to create better opportunities for their teammates :facepalm

If it worked on Team USA im sure it can work in LA. IDK about Champs, but contenders at the least.

Yeah ok. There's a difference when you have All-Star help off the bench. Melo and Kobe averaged 16 and 12 points respectively. They're going to be able to make a playoff push with those numbers? Horrible comparison.

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Lebron just won 2 rings cause he had to join 2 other superstars and a bunch of allstars.

Melo never had a great team.

I don't even know why I'm responding to you:facepalm :banghead:

He won a title with Wade and Bosh averaging 15 and 12ppg

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2013, 02:51 PM
He won a title with Wade and Bosh averaging 15 and 12ppg

Bro don't act like they didn't to other things to help.

Bosh with the rebound kick out to Allen for the 3. You forgot about that?

Lebron stans are so quick to forget

SilkkTheShocker
07-09-2013, 02:55 PM

Bro don't act like they didn't to other things to help.

Bosh with the rebound kick out to Allen for the 3. You forgot about that?

Lebron stans are so quick to forget

How could I forget Bosh scoring zero points in Game 7 :applause:

TheReal Kendall
07-09-2013, 02:58 PM
How could I forget Bosh scoring zero points in Game 7 :applause:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6471705344

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah ok. There's a difference when you have All-Star help off the bench. Melo and Kobe averaged 16 and 12 points respectively. They're going to be able to make a playoff push with those numbers? Horrible comparison.good comparison, the logic mustve flew over your head. If youd read the second sentence I clearly said that each player would have to take less shots for thr better of the team..

You know.. that thing that Kg/Pierce/Ray, Bron/Wade/Bosh, and even Duncan/Manu/Parker have all been doing for most of their careers.

Kobe being a year older in age makes it a little unrealistic tho (injuries, shots not dropping like they used to). I doubt Melo would want to play with Kobe at the end of his career. Maybe if he was a few years younger.

NumberSix
07-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Kobe will be 36-37 and Melo sucks.

COnDEMnED
07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Kobe and Pau would have to take massive pay cuts and maybe even come off the bench. Carmelo is a good scorer, but would probably need to be the second best player on the team in order to win a chip. He would need another quality player to come to LA with him to win a championship I think. Mark Gasol starting center, Pau backup center/PF? Kevin Love maybe? I don't know, I'd have to think about it. I don't think Melo could win as the man.:confusedshrug:

INDI
07-09-2013, 03:25 PM
I completely and utterly disagree. You have no proof: statistical or otherwise that shows that a star in LA gets more buzz and endorsements than if they're in NY. The freaking Knicks are given way more attention than any team if you consider the fact that they haven't been contenders in ages...the buzz of MSG and the largest city of America is far more than LA.

First off LA does have its own sense of buzz and the lakers are the most storied franchise. The lakers are the yankees of the nba and you know it. Add that to the fact that he would be playing with a top ten legend and the media will go crazy!!!

you act like its rocket science, the same thing will happen if kobe went to ny or chicago. Melo on a superteam with kobe and pau is better than anything hes ever had. He would have the beauty of contending for a championship for 2 seasons and then the lakers will put another superstar next to him in summer 2016 (kobe and pau expire)

Goldrush25
07-09-2013, 04:27 PM
good comparison, the logic mustve flew over your head. If youd read the second sentence I clearly said that each player would have to take less shots for thr better of the team..
You know.. that thing that Kg/Pierce/Ray, Bron/Wade/Bosh, and even Duncan/Manu/Parker have all been doing for most of their careers.

Kobe being a year older in age makes it a little unrealistic tho (injuries, shots not dropping like they used to). I doubt Melo would want to play with Kobe at the end of his career. Maybe if he was a few years younger.

LOL, what indication has either player ever given that they would ever modify their games and take less shots for the good of the team? Both of them think that they're the best offensive option every time down the court. Players don't magically change who they are.

Sure Kobe and Melo have demonstrated the ability to get teammates involved for stretches at a time, but once the road gets a little rough they invariably revert back to trying to be the entire offense. Just wouldn't work, because neither of them has the patience to make it work.

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2013, 04:55 PM
LOL, what indication has either player ever given that they would ever modify their games and take less shots for the good of the team? Both of them think that they're the best offensive option every time down the court. Players don't magically change who they are.

Sure Kobe and Melo have demonstrated the ability to get teammates involved for stretches at a time, but once the road gets a little rough they invariably revert back to trying to be the entire offense. Just wouldn't work, because neither of them has the patience to make it work.
One of Melo's preferred destinations was New York during the time of his trade speculation. Obviously Melo knew he was gonna have to sacrifice shots if he wanted to play along with Amare Stoudemire.

Kobe was not only sidekick to Shaq back then but was also willing to sacrifice when the twin towers Bynum and Pau were both playing at an all star level. He even shared the spotlight with Dwight Howard last year for the time being until he got injured.

Two examples of both players willing to take less shots. Not even mentioning that Kobe is gonna be a year older and probably wont take as many shots as a younger Kobe would.

Im nit even sure "touches" would be a problem. The game is 48 minutes long. This isnt 2k with 5 minute quarters dude.

Dagouch
07-09-2013, 04:58 PM
The Knicks will also have a tons of Cap Space as well to sign free agents on the flip side.

Let's see Kobe in action after his Achilles surgery first. Not sure if he can truly recover from that but who knows?

IGOTGAME
07-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Kobe will be 36-37 and Melo sucks.

we getting Wiggins, Exum or Parker tho.

Goldrush25
07-09-2013, 06:17 PM
One of Melo's preferred destinations was New York during the time of his trade speculation. Obviously Melo knew he was gonna have to sacrifice shots if he wanted to play along with Amare Stoudemire.

Kobe was not only sidekick to Shaq back then but was also willing to sacrifice when the twin towers Bynum and Pau were both playing at an all star level. He even shared the spotlight with Dwight Howard last year for the time being until he got injured.

Two examples of both players willing to take less shots. Not even mentioning that Kobe is gonna be a year older and probably wont take as many shots as a younger Kobe would.

Im nit even sure "touches" would be a problem. The game is 48 minutes long. This isnt 2k with 5 minute quarters dude.

Kobe didn't sacrifice with Bynum/Pau and Melo didn't sacrifice with Stoudemire. Their roles were not redundant so nothing had to be given up. Kobe and Melo's roles are redundant. They are both scorers.

Only time Kobe "sacrificed" anything is when he was playing with Shaq, and we saw how that turned out.

INDI
07-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Kobe didn't sacrifice with Bynum/Pau and Melo didn't sacrifice with Stoudemire. Their roles were not redundant so nothing had to be given up. Kobe and Melo's roles are redundant. They are both scorers.

Only time Kobe "sacrificed" anything is when he was playing with Shaq, and we saw how that turned out.

Kobe and shaq was scorers also, where did that get them? 3 rings!!!. Not to mention that i believe we will start to see kobe play predominantly from the post area as his game slows down. Spacing will not be an issue.

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2013, 06:29 PM

Only time Kobe "sacrificed" anything is when he was playing with Shaq, and we saw how that turned out.Melo has already showed that he doesn't mind playing with another scorer, he just wants to win games. See Allen Iverson.

Kobe Bryant at the age of 36, 37?? wouldn't mind having another scorer either, especially coming off of an injury. Besides, if their GM signs Melo to a contract, and Carmelo Anthony is now his teammate, HE HAS NO CHOICE but to take less shots.

Whether Kobe wants to or not, players don't run this league and if Carmelo chooses to go to LA Kobe WILL take less shots.

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 06:53 PM
What does the rest of the team look like? Kobe, Gasol and Melo isn't putting fear in the hearts of anyone.

INDI
07-09-2013, 07:21 PM
What does the rest of the team look like? Kobe, Gasol and Melo isn't putting fear in the hearts of anyone.

Neither does parker, manu, and duncan. The rest of the team will be role players

longtime lurker
07-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Neither does parker, manu, and duncan. The rest of the team will be role players

Parker, Duncan and Manu have played together for a long time. Their coach runs the perfect system to exploit their talents. The team has a young future all star in Kawahi Leonard and a sharp shooter in Danny Green. Duncan can still play defense at his age, Pau can't. The two teams are different as night and day.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-09-2013, 07:26 PM
pretty much. everybody assumes kobe isn't gonna miss a beat from that Achilles tear.

anyways, i really hope the lakers can unload nash's contract this season. it'll open more possibilities heading into next years free agency.

iDunk
07-09-2013, 07:33 PM
:lol

As long as D'Antoni is the coach, Melo isn't even looking at LA.

ralph_i_el
07-09-2013, 08:04 PM

But they never did get around to taking less shots...

1~Gibson~1
07-09-2013, 08:28 PM
But they never did get around to taking less shots...Melo and Amare didn't play much together, but the fact that he was willing to go to NY and share the spotlight with Amare is reason enough to believe that if he were to go to LA he wouldn't mind taking fewer shots if need be.

If there were enough shots to go around on a team with Carmelo and Iverson, there should be enough shots for Carmelo and Kobe.

Im not saying they'd win championships, I even doubt that Melo ends up in LA. But if you're saying that Kobe and Carmelo wont be able to share the ball because "there wouldn't be enough shots for both players" then you're crazy and that's something that im not even gonna argue anymore.

wfb
07-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Eh, who's going to play defense in that team?

Bandito
07-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Eh, who's going to play defense in that team?
Nobody plays defense on D'Antoni's playbook anyways:roll:

wfb
07-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Ooops, sorry I forgot. :D

bluechox2
07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
i thought lebron was coming, why the downgrade?

Anti Hero
07-10-2013, 12:21 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/480429_508437775894491_561142348_n.jpg

ClutchOver9000
07-10-2013, 12:32 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: ^^^

OldSkoolball#52
11-25-2013, 07:05 PM

what say you???

Well, we at least know Kobe will be there! :oldlol:

Fresh Kid
11-25-2013, 07:11 PM
:lol

As long as D'Antoni is the coach, Melo isn't even looking at LA.
U damn skippy:lol

STATUTORY
11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
if Kobe insist on courting melo and lakers sign him, then I am done with the team

OldSkoolball#52
11-25-2013, 07:17 PM
if Kobe insist on courting melo and lakers sign him, then I am done with the team

I never understood why people thought Kobe would want to play with Carmelo.

Kobe likes Carmelo, but he would never want to PLAY with him! Kobe wants to hog as many shots as possible. Win, lose, or draw. Kobe's top priority is shooting, point hording, and individual recognition. Above all else, especially including winning. Shooting and money are Kobe's top priorities.

LOL @ "he'll do anything it takes to win" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dude would never wanna see another shooter on his team like Carmelo. Even if it DID guarantee a title (which it wouldnt, but theoretically).

GreedBe

STATUTORY
11-25-2013, 07:20 PM
I never understood why people thought Kobe would want to play with Carmelo.

Kobe likes Carmelo, but he would never want to PLAY with him! Kobe wants to hog as many shots as possible. Win, lose, or draw. Kobe's top priority is shooting, point hording, and individual recognition. Above all else, especially including winning. Shooting and money are Kobe's top priorities.

LOL @ "he'll do anything it takes to win" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dude would never wanna see another shooter on his team like Carmelo. Even if it DID guarantee a title (which it wouldnt, but theoretically).

GreedBe

No I think Kobe understands he needs help for another chance at championship and he mistakenly sees Melo as a potential winner that's unfairly maligned by the media. He probably believes he can take Melo under his wings and together they can both prove the haters wrong.

In actuality, Melo can never be anywhere near the part of a championship team. You can't build around him and in a year his game is gonna look even uglier than it does now.

NugzFan
11-25-2013, 07:21 PM
His second best player is a oft injured and diminished amare and crazy jr smith

kobe/melo/pau >>> j.r./melo/amare.

la is a more winning franchise

more fun

:oldlol:

cos88
11-25-2013, 07:27 PM
trade the corpse of nash for jennings
trade gasoft for rudy gay before the trade deadline
sign shitnagni

jennings
kobe
young
gay
bargangi

5 chuckers
5 blackholes
2 rapists

2015 nba champions

Goldrush25
11-25-2013, 07:29 PM

Why should any of the other players take a paycut?

alec613
11-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Why should any of the other players take a paycut?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

chosen_one6
11-25-2013, 07:35 PM
trade the corpse of nash for jennings
trade gasoft for rudy gay before the trade deadline
sign shitnagni

jennings
kobe
young
gay
bargangi

5 chuckers
5 blackholes
2 rapists

2015 nba champions

:roll: :roll:

NumberSix
11-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Melo isnt joining a team coached by Mike D'Antoni.