PDA

View Full Version : Tanking for Andrew Wiggins

crisoner
07-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm sure all of you have seen this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GLsK-ZoL9sY#at=19

6'8 205 pounds....

This kid is the next one people.
When we all saw LeBron we knew as well.

So what teams have the best chance tanking for him?

And how good do you think he will be?

Psycho
07-10-2013, 06:08 PM
A rich man's Kobe. Nothing special.

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Prime candidates of suckage:

Celtics
Sixers
Magic
Bobcats
Blazers
Jazz
Suns

Well we tried, but 25 games in our record is 7-18 so we better tank:
Kings
Wizards
Raptors
Pistons

That's a shit load of teams. This is why people need to shut up about the Lakers being able to tank with the current roster..they'll win more games than all these suckers. And another reason why I hate the logic that the Mavs should blow it up too. There's enough contenders already, bruh.

Bucket_Nakedz
07-10-2013, 06:25 PM
idk y. i see a mix of tyreke and derozan, and both sure aren't all-star caliber players

bagelred
07-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Woooo!!!! Incredible!!!!

America's got the best players baby!! Nothing beats America. :cheers: Take THAT rest of the world.:banana:

Jailblazers7
07-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Woooo!!!! Incredible!!!!

America's got the best players baby!! Nothing beats America. :cheers: Take THAT rest of the world.:banana:

Well, he did decide to play high school ball in America so he could face a higher level of competition.

bagelred
07-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Well, he did decide to play high school ball in America so he could face a higher level of competition.

Duh!!! Where else are Americans gonna play ball? :hammerhead:

Doranku
07-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Sometimes he looks like afro Kobe to me, sometimes like Grant Hill.

I dont see the Lebron, seems Lebron was bulkier in college.
wat

ispin69
07-10-2013, 06:43 PM
99% dunks and layups
yes those are smart high percentage shots but..
confirmed for no post game
too predictable, some fancy spin move and layup/dunk

inb4imownedforknowingnothingasusual

qrich
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Tanking for Aaron Holiday and/or Marcus LoVett Junior >> this scrub.

TheFan
07-10-2013, 06:51 PM
wat
highschool.

NumberSix
07-10-2013, 06:53 PM
I generally don't judge players until I see what they can do in the NBA.

ReturnofJPR
07-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I hope the Raptors get him...

It'll probably be the Utah Jazz though.

StocktonFan
07-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Am i the only one that is not impressed with dunks? I mean it shows very little skill outside athleticism.

I'd rather see post up skills, shooting ranges, defense etc.

Ca$H
07-10-2013, 07:14 PM
A rich man's Kobe. Nothing special.

Kobe = upper middle class man's Jordan
Jordan = rich man's Kobe

So you are saying Wiggins = Jordan:eek:

2LeTTeRS
07-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Lmao @ people still believing worst record = #1 Pick. If that was the case Anthony Davis would be in Charlotte now.

el gringos
07-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Closer to Harrison Barnes than Lebron. Yes this time of year ish was suggesting "tanking for Barnes"

alenleomessi
07-10-2013, 08:55 PM
99% dunks and layups
yes those are smart high percentage shots but..
confirmed for no post game
too predictable, some fancy spin move and layup/dunk

inb4imownedforknowingnothingasusual
sounds like lebron who is still by far the best player in the world...

being great at few things >>>> being decent at all

cotdt
07-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Lakers should trade Gasol and Nash to tank next season.

alenleomessi
07-10-2013, 08:57 PM

Celtics
Sixers
Magic
Bobcats
Blazers
Jazz
Suns

Kings
Wizards
Raptors
Pistons

That's a shit load of teams. This is why people need to shut up about the Lakers being able to tank with the current roster..they'll win more games than all these suckers. And another reason why I hate the logic that the Mavs should blow it up too. There's enough contenders already, bruh.
not gonna happen

veilside23
07-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Closer to Harrison Barnes than Lebron. Yes this time of year ish was suggesting "tanking for Barnes"
i like harrison barnes alot but no .. wiggins will be someone special

chips93
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM

this time last year barnes was coming of an ok freshman year, and nobody projected him as being the number one overall pick.

branslowski
07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
He reminds me of Kobe a little.

2018-2030= Wiggins Era.

beastee
07-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Legit size and length...good hangtime on his dunks. Kobe looking release on his jumper...and he drives similar to Lebron. MJ told me though, the book on him is to force him left. All his drives are from the right. ALL of them. Tons of lobs from the left though. Force him left. :rockon:

The Macho Man
07-10-2013, 09:19 PM

Celtics
Sixers
Magic
Bobcats
Blazers
Jazz
Suns

Kings
Wizards
Raptors
Pistons

:kobe: :kobe: :kobe: :kobe:

15-10 at worst

KG215
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
He reminds me of Kobe a little.

2018-2030= Wiggins Era.
So he'll be better by his 4th season than Durant who will probably be peaking at that time?

JellyBean
07-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Now if bad teams actually got the #1 pick, I would say the Bobcats. But since terrible teams don't get that lucky anymore, I am gonna say

Toronto
Minnesota
Phoenix
Detroit
Washington
Orlando
Philly
Sacramento
Dallas
Portland
New Orleans
Utah

branslowski
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
So he'll be better by his 4th season than Durant who will probably be peaking at that time?

It's an opinion but yes. I've only been confident in 3 highschool players my whole life...Kobe, LeBron, and Wiggins. (only player I was super wrong on was KG, I thought he was gonna be too weak to sustain an NBA career)

Anyway I've debated this same type of topic with a few friends of mines way back in 8th grade....I said by time Lebrons 4th/5th year in the league, he would be better than T-Mac, Ray Allen, Iverson, and Vince Carter...their reaction was basically the same as yours....And I ended up being right..

Dolphin
07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
this time last year barnes was coming of an ok freshman year, and nobody projected him as being the number one overall pick.

Barnes played two years at North Carolina. Sorry, as a college fan I had to correct you. lol

And Barnes didn't have an ok year. He disappointed people because he was labeled as a potential #1 pick coming out of high school, but he certainly didn't just do ok as a soph at UNC. 17/5 is quite good playing in one of the best conferences and while also not being nearly as aggressive as he needed to be.

He was still one of the best players in the ACC.

DStebb716
07-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Teams that have zero chance of getting him barring a huge trade/injury (based on team talent or lack of first rounder):

New York
Brooklyn
Miami
San Antonio
OKC
Denver
LA Clippers
Chicago
Indiana
Golden State
Houston
Memphis

Teams that will LIKELY be JUST too good to get in the early lottery:
LA Lakers
New Orleans
Minnesota
Washington
Detroit
Atlanta
Portland
Dallas

Then my top ten worst teams at the moment (in order):
10. Cleveland (if Andrew Bynum is healthy then they'll be in the playoffs)
9. Boston
8. Toronto
7. Milwaukee
6. Sacramento
5. Phoenix
4. Charlotte
3. Philly
2. Utah
1. Orlando

ralph_i_el
07-10-2013, 09:58 PM
This kid has the combination of hops/length/quickness that tells me that he'll at least be an all star. People bring up guys like Derozen or Green, but Wiggins looks like he's at another level in terms of agility.

None of us really know how good of a jump shooter or passer he is because we haven't seen him play. That's what this year at Kansas is for:rockon:

That being said, many posters in this thread have the Wizards as a possible lottery winner this year and I think (barring a exploading ACL's and knees) their worst case is just barely missing the playoffs

warriors blatantly tanked last season to save their top-7 protected pick last year and then drafted Barnes. Barnes is a great athlete and a hell of a ballplayer but he's 1 or 2 notches below wiggins in terms of athleticism.

KG215
07-10-2013, 10:10 PM
It's an opinion but yes. I've only been confident in 3 highschool players my whole life...Kobe, LeBron, and Wiggins. (only player I was super wrong on was KG, I thought he was gonna be too weak to sustain an NBA career)

Anyway I've debated this same type of topic with a few friends of mines way back in 8th grade....I said by time Lebrons 4th/5th year in the league, he would be better than T-Mac, Ray Allen, Iverson, and Vince Carter...their reaction was basically the same as yours....And I ended up being right..
Ok, but Durant is already better than all of those guys. Durant, right now, is better than 4th year LeBron and Durant likely won't be peaking until Wiggins is in his 4th season. And yes, I'm aware that's the season LeBron led the Cavs to the Finals, but I still think this version of Durant (2013 Durant) was better than any pre-2009 version of LeBron.

So if Wiggins is that good by his 4th season (and this is my opinion mostly) he's going to be really, really damn good.

Flash31
07-10-2013, 10:13 PM

Celtics
Sixers
Magic
Bobcats
Blazers
Jazz
Suns

Kings
Wizards
Raptors
Pistons

wizards dont think will try to tank much longer

Det has Josh Smith,Drummond,Monroe

theyre trying to win

Bobcats just plain suck but eh Ben Gordon and Jefferson isnt great
but theyll improve their wins

The Raps are tricky,theyre either going to tank
or try the playoffs,they almost made them this yr
until the league literally screwed them over 4 games
and had to apologize

Lowry,Derozan,Gay,Arthur,Valuncias
with Ross and Bargnani
and some rooks
they could still end up winning 40 games

Boston rolled out a tank special,PHI got worse
and Orl is still in tank mode
and the Kings got Worse

Inferno
07-10-2013, 10:18 PM
People act like teams wont be fine with getting Parker, Smart, Gordon, Randle, the Harrison Twins, etc.

It's not just tanking for Wiggins...

branslowski
07-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Ok, but Durant is already better than all of those guys. Durant, right now, is better than 4th year LeBron and Durant likely won't be peaking until Wiggins is in his 4th season. And yes, I'm aware that's the season LeBron led the Cavs to the Finals, but I still think this version of Durant (2013 Durant) was better than any pre-2009 version of LeBron.

So if Wiggins is that good by his 4th season (and this is my opinion mostly) he's going to be really, really damn good.

I totally disagree with ur statement that Durant in his 4th year was already better than LeBron at the same point. Durant hasn't even had as dominant a season as LeBron ad in 06' (his 3rd year) Bron put up 31ppg 7reb 6ast on 48%fg and followed that year up with 27-6-6 and a Finals appearance.

But on this future guessing tip, we can agree to disagree. I just feel it in my soul.

Flash31
07-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Teams that have zero chance of getting him barring a huge trade/injury (based on team talent or lack of first rounder):

New York
Brooklyn
Miami
San Antonio
OKC
Denver
LA Clippers
Chicago
Indiana
Golden State
Houston
Memphis

LA Lakers
New Orleans
Minnesota
Washington
Detroit
Atlanta
Portland
Dallas

9. Boston
8. Toronto
7. Milwaukee
6. Sacramento
5. Phoenix
4. Charlotte
3. Philly
2. Utah
1. Orlando

cavs had two 1st picks
and are trying to win

Im leaning towards Bos
They rolled out a tank special
lost all d.have 0 O on perimeter

Rondo,Bradley all d 0 O
Evans,Humphries 0 o
And green

Its like theyre trying to OutBobcat the Bobcats
and beat the Nets in terms of Tank mode

A league worst pg ft shooter with no jumpshot
coming off acl surgery who avoids contact

a defender with 0 offensive game

two rebounders who cant shoot or defend

And a horrible bench

They got the Nets/Bobcats tank special on their hands

and on top of that theyre boston,big market,One of NBAs preferred favs

Wiggins is Canadian and
well the league screwed over Tor 4 times last season
and they havent gotten anything for Bosh
and theyre only Canadian team and big market
themselves its only fair

Put Canada on the map again

Hometown Canadian in Canada,even if the only win 40-50 games
they could get huge and extremely profitable for the NBA and Canada

Steve Nash brought huge buzz
and notoriety just for thinking of joining

Carter put Canada on the map

KG215
07-10-2013, 10:34 PM
I totally disagree with ur statement that Durant in his 4th year was already better than LeBron at the same point. Durant hasn't even had as dominant a season as LeBron ad in 06' (his 3rd year) Bron put up 31ppg 7reb 6ast on 48%fg and followed that year up with 27-6-6 and a Finals appearance.

But on this future guessing tip, we can agree to disagree. I just feel it in my soul.
I didn't say 4th year Durant was better than 4th year LeBron. I said current Durant (2013, 6th season) is better than any pre-2009 version of LeBron. I know you will disagree because LeBron got his team to the Finals in 2007, but I still stand by my slightly biased opinion. People are really sleeping or underrating how damn good Durant was this year.

branslowski
07-10-2013, 10:47 PM
I didn't say 4th year Durant was better than 4th year LeBron. I said current Durant (2013, 6th season) is better than any pre-2009 version of LeBron. I know you will disagree because LeBron got his team to the Finals in 2007, but I still stand by my slightly biased opinion. People are really sleeping or underrating how damn good Durant was this year.

I happen to think Durants pass year was simply amazing, wat he had like 28ppg 8reb and a little over 4ast per game, and shot over 50%fg and 40% 3pt with a sky high ft% over like 90...I'd still take 06', 07', and 09' LeBron over Durant Current. Bron avg like 29ppg 7reb 8ast with 50%fg that year..Outscored current Durant by 1pt while still sh!tting on him in the assist apartment. I do think though if Westbrook wasn't on the Thunder, Durant would avg something around 32ppg 9reb and 7ast with those same high %'s.

I also wouldn't say Durants year was being underrated...Most are saying it was second best to LeBrons year with some saying it was better than Bron this past year.

wang4three
07-10-2013, 10:50 PM
All these guys have sick mixtapes coming out of high school. Perry Jones comes to mind. I think this kid is good, but I don't see how he's LeBron good. LeBron demonstrated much more all around talent and an NBA body at the same age.

Wang Zhi Zhi
07-10-2013, 10:53 PM
All these guys have sick mixtapes coming out of high school. Perry Jones comes to mind. I think this kid is good, but I don't see how he's LeBron good. LeBron demonstrated much more all around talent and an NBA body at the same age.
nice name bro:cheers:

Lamar Odumbb
07-10-2013, 11:01 PM
He looks like a Kyrie Irving/ Kobe hybrid. He has Irvings handles and post spin moves and Kobe's body control.

Dave3
07-10-2013, 11:04 PM
He looks like a Kyrie Irving/ Kobe hybrid. He has Irvings handles and post spin moves and Kobe's body control.
Lol, his handles are pretty sloppy bro, that's one of his weaknesses. He's more like Wade with length and a better vertical.

Xiao Yao You
07-11-2013, 01:35 AM

New York
Brooklyn
Miami
San Antonio
OKC
Denver
LA Clippers
Chicago
Indiana
Golden State
Houston
Memphis

LA Lakers
New Orleans
Minnesota
Washington
Detroit
Atlanta
Portland
Dallas

9. Boston
8. Toronto
7. Milwaukee
6. Sacramento
5. Phoenix
4. Charlotte
3. Philly
2. Utah
1. Orlando

The way Burke has looked the Jazz are certainly the worst team at the moment.

BallsOut
07-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Not impressed honestly. Dude was just spinning and dunking over high school midgets.

Where's the mid range game, post up game, 3pt range, lock down defense?

moe94
07-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Not impressed honestly. Dude was just spinning and dunking over high school midgets.

Where's the mid range game, post up game, 3pt range, lock down defense?
You're not impressed but every analyst, scout and coach in the country is slobbering all over him but YOU are left unimpressed.

BallsOut
07-11-2013, 01:53 AM
You're not impressed but every analyst, scout and coach in the country is slobbering all over him but YOU are left unimpressed.

I call it as I see it. I don't go with media hype and flashy dunks. Show me actual skillset, especially when you're getting hyped as the #1 pick.

MMM
07-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Even if Wiggins is special he is not worth tanking for.

LeBron could not get Cle over the hump
Howard maxed out at getting his team to the finals
Shaq was unable to get the Magic to a title

That doesn't even take into account that tanking will put the special talent in a position where the pressure of carrying a bad team will hurt is optimal development.

Johnny Jones
07-11-2013, 01:56 AM
People are slobbering over his athletic ability. There are questions about his work ethic, defense, strength, shooting, etc.

DuMa
07-11-2013, 01:59 AM
Even if he is all world talent..... He will have a lot of hype and expectations. Only a handful of players has been able to meet that kind of hype. Shaq/Lebron etc.

AND when he gets here, he will have to work his tail off to be ever considered elite with strongest position in the NBA. LeBron, Durant, Melo, Smoove, Gay, PG24, its deep.

Dont buy into any player's hype in HS. its just not worth it.

moe94
07-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Even if Wiggins is special he is not worth tanking for.

LeBron could not get Cle over the hump
Howard maxed out at getting his team to the finals
Shaq was unable to get the Magic to a title

That doesn't even take into account that tanking will put the special talent in a position where the pressure of carrying a bad team will hurt is optimal development.
Are you really as retarded to suggest that Lebron and Dwight's tenures in Cleveland and Orlando were failures becaus they couldn't secure a ring? The money, alone, they brought to those franchises off the fact of being superstars in the league was enough. The fact that they made those teams relevant from obscurity was enough. Reaching finals was enough. I mean, what would be the other option? Sign multiple lesser players, while spending more cash, in the hopes of duplicating the success of superstars who are apparently not worth it?

Johnny Jones
07-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Back when Austin Rivers was the #1 recruit in the country people thought he was going to be the next Kobe. Look where he is now.

moe94
07-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Back when Austin Rivers was the #1 recruit in the country people thought he was going to be the next Kobe. Look where he is now.
No one thought that ever.

Johnny Jones
07-11-2013, 02:08 AM
No one thought that ever.
:facepalm

Please tell me you're joking. Austin Rivers was certainly compared to Kobe.

Fiasco
07-11-2013, 02:12 AM
I really hope this guy busts unless he ends up in Toronto.

moe94
07-11-2013, 02:21 AM
:facepalm

Please tell me you're joking. Austin Rivers was certainly compared to Kobe.
Rivers never even had Mayo hype. You're reaching.

SpurrDurr
07-11-2013, 02:39 AM
Raptors will tank and draft him next year.

Johnny Jones
07-11-2013, 02:45 AM
Rivers never even had Mayo hype. You're reaching.
Now I know you're trolling.

Shade8780
07-11-2013, 03:13 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219488

People are comparing Rivers to Ellis in this thread, with most people disagreeing with the Kobe comparison. If you thought he'd be that good, you're stupid.

bdreason
07-11-2013, 03:15 AM
It's not just Wiggins. Scouts are claiming the top 5-10 prospects are possible All-Star caliber NBA players.

Johnny Jones
07-11-2013, 03:18 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219488

People are comparing Rivers to Ellis in this thread, with most people disagreeing with the Kobe comparison. If you thought he'd be that good, you're stupid.
lol only two guys compared him to Ellis in that thread.

And you can tell how hyped he was by that thread. Somebody thought he'd be a 20/5/5 guy in his prime :lol

http://hoops-nation.com/community/topic/1562-is-austin-rivers-the-next-kobe-bryant/

arifgokcen
07-11-2013, 03:47 AM
Whats his vertical.Some of his dunks are just nasty.He looks like he goes even higher than lebron.I never thought that was possible.

chazzy
07-11-2013, 03:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYpwWYw7lvc

Randle vs Wiggins from last year. Shows them in a game setting as opposed to a dunk mix

CelticBaller
07-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Celtics tanking for you boy

shallehalle
07-11-2013, 08:59 AM

Randle vs Wiggins from last year. Shows them in a game setting as opposed to a dunk mix
The thing that really stood out to me is that Wiggins was guarding Randle, when Randle was no where to be found on D against Wiggins

sundizz
07-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I'd stake my reputation on this guy.

The only players I knew would be special coming out of high school was Lebron.

I feel this same way about Wiggins. If you watch Harrison Barnes high school mixtape...it is clear how much of a different tier above Wiggins is.

His athleticism seems to be top 5 ever. I've never seen someone in high school (that is a legit prospect) get this high in such a variety of ways, speeds, etc.

He has absolute ridiculous usable bounce.

I predict he'll average 18.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 3.5 apg as a rookie. This can change depending on the team..but I'm pretty sure that is what is going to be.

His 4th year stats will be 27.8 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 4.5 apg, 1.9 spg, 1.4 bpg

He's not a Kevin Durant level scorer from what I see yet though. KD can shoot lights out like few ever have. He scores because of his skill, not his size only. This kid will score around the basket a lot easier, but it is unlikely he'll get on the type of shooting rolls Durant gets on. Considering he only averaged 23.4 ppg his senior year predicting this high of ppg is going out slightly on a limb. Scoring is something people love to do...and the fact that he isn't putting up 30+ at high school is a bit surprising.

Inferno
07-11-2013, 11:17 AM
It's not just Wiggins. Scouts are claiming the top 5-10 prospects are possible All-Star caliber NBA players.

Yes. This is what I'm trying to say. I'm sure many teams looking for that one final piece to become contenders would be fine with either Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Gordon, Smart, Andrew Harrison, or any of the other projected top picks.

Inferno
07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Whats his vertical.Some of his dunks are just nasty.He looks like he goes even higher than lebron.I never thought that was possible.

A quick Google says 44 inches, but I'm not sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it is though, because he's 80 inches tall and can get his head even with a 120 inch rim.

alenleomessi
07-11-2013, 11:23 AM
i think he gets at least 20/5/5 as a rookie

TheReal Kendall
07-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Well we know he can jump and dunk that's for sure.

These mixtapes suck. They really don't show how skilled these guys are.

It's mostly dunks but I'll wait til he play in college to judge him

JtotheIzzo
07-11-2013, 11:31 AM

Randle is a PF and Wiggins is a SF, so for Wiggins to be guarding him in the post is nice to see. Randle did find his way to the rim, but I worry that his bulldog mixed with up and under game might not translate well with 7 footers lurking about and athleticism at all positions.

Wiggins is great in the open court, I think he covered the floor in 3 dribbles in one part of the highlight real. he still has some 'kid' elements in the appearance of his game, but the potential is staggering. kid is legit.

JtotheIzzo
07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Even if he is all world talent..... He will have a lot of hype and expectations. Only a handful of players has been able to meet that kind of hype. Shaq/Lebron etc.

AND when he gets here, he will have to work his tail off to be ever considered elite with strongest position in the NBA. LeBron, Durant, Melo, Smoove, Gay, PG24, its deep.

This is dumb. He is already a better option than Rudy f*ckin Gay, are you kidding? And I think ANY team would today trade him for Josh 19 footer Smith or PG24, and half the team along with them.

Haters get blinded by the limelight, hell, I even think if you got the NYKs management drunk enough they'd admit to be willing to swap him for Melo too. LBJ and KD, not yet.

chips93
07-11-2013, 11:41 AM
chad ford does his tiers system for rankings prospects

the top tier is for cant miss, franchise type talents. the secont tier is for likely all-stars. in this draft he had nobody in either of the top two tiers. he says that he could have as many as 7 guys in the top two tiers next year

BoutPractice
07-11-2013, 11:57 AM
chad ford does his tiers system for rankings prospects

the top tier is for cant miss, franchise type talents. the secont tier is for likely all-stars. in this draft he had nobody in either of the top two tiers. he says that he could have as many as 7 guys in the top two tiers next year
> I'm pretty confident there's at least one All-Star in the 2013 draft. Even 2000, often called one of the worst draft ever, had 3 All-Stars and Turkoglu who probably should've been one.

heavensdevil
07-11-2013, 12:35 PM
The Raptors need to tank!!!, The Franchise deserves Wiggins.

Djahjaga
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
I generally don't judge players until I see what they can do in the NBA.

We can all do that. The hard part is analyzing players in lower levels/other leagues.

He looks great to me. Good around the basket and the perimeter. Has a real dribble-drive game. Shoots well. Passes decently.

Defense is the hardest to judge, but he has all the tools to be a devastating defender in the NBA come time.

Attitude and work ethic are always the question. Most of these guys could become stars if they worked as hard as Kobe, Lebron, CP3, etc.

DuMa
07-11-2013, 03:12 PM
This is dumb. He is already a better option than Rudy f*ckin Gay, are you kidding? And I think ANY team would today trade him for Josh 19 footer Smith or PG24, and half the team along with them.

Haters get blinded by the limelight, hell, I even think if you got the NYKs management drunk enough they'd admit to be willing to swap him for Melo too. LBJ and KD, not yet.

Hilarious how you guys are on this kid's nuts before he has played an minute of meaningful basketball.

Djahjaga
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM
I'd stake my reputation on this guy.

The only players I knew would be special coming out of high school was Lebron.

I feel this same way about Wiggins. If you watch Harrison Barnes high school mixtape...it is clear how much of a different tier above Wiggins is.

His athleticism seems to be top 5 ever. I've never seen someone in high school (that is a legit prospect) get this high in such a variety of ways, speeds, etc.

He has absolute ridiculous usable bounce.

I predict he'll average 18.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 3.5 apg as a rookie. This can change depending on the team..but I'm pretty sure that is what is going to be.

His 4th year stats will be 27.8 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 4.5 apg, 1.9 spg, 1.4 bpg

He's not a Kevin Durant level scorer from what I see yet though. KD can shoot lights out like few ever have. He scores because of his skill, not his size only. This kid will score around the basket a lot easier, but it is unlikely he'll get on the type of shooting rolls Durant gets on. Considering he only averaged 23.4 ppg his senior year predicting this high of ppg is going out slightly on a limb. Scoring is something people love to do...and the fact that he isn't putting up 30+ at high school is a bit surprising.

Absolutely ridiculous. His rookie stats will definitely be 18.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3.3 pg.

You're closer on his 4th year stats, but I think it's clear from these videos that they'll be more like 27.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 4.9 apg, 1.8 spg, and 1.5 bpg.

:rolleyes:

FreezingTsmoove
07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
If all you think Wiggins does is dunk then :facepalm . Get the **** off youtube mixtapes and actually watch a Wiggins HS game for goodness sakes. Why post in a Wiggins thread if you know absolutely nothing about him

IGOTGAME
07-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Exactly. There may be 4 or more perennial all stars in this draft.

Wiggins
Parker
Randle
Exum

These are all superstar talents. Then there are guys like Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart, both I'm not as high on.

IGOTGAME
07-11-2013, 03:30 PM
If all you think Wiggins does is dunk then :facepalm . Get the **** off youtube mixtapes and actually watch a Wiggins HS game for goodness sakes. Why post in a Wiggins thread if you know absolutely nothing about him
Skill wise he isn't as advanced as Kobe or Lebron at the same age.