PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with Cleveland.

LongLiveTheKing
07-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 2m
Source: Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with Cleveland
What do you guys think? Kyrie and Bynum wonder how good they'll be.

jzek
07-10-2013, 07:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CzgTJIC.jpg

It's Broussard. Wait until a more reliable source reports it.

AboutBuckets
Chris Broussard :coleman:

Just wait for Woj's update

DuMa
Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO now

Andrew Bynum and agent just got off phone with Cavs. That is who Bynum will choose. ESPN tweeted faster than I can type

another center FA ditching the Mavs. man alive, theyre having a bad offseason

LongLiveTheKing
07-10-2013, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CzgTJIC.jpg

It's Broussard. Wait until a more reliable source reports it.
:roll:

1~Gibson~1
07-10-2013, 07:57 PM
But if its true, then I love what CG has done for this team even though I rag on him a lot. I predict we'll end up in the playoffs this season playing either the Heat, Nets, or Pacers... I hope we play the Heat tho! :pimp:

I'd love to see him start.. If not oh well, we have loads of depth this year.

Kyrie Irving / Jarrett Jack / Chris Quinn*
Dion Waiters / Sergia Karasev / Carrick Felix*
Alonzo Gee / Earl Clark / CJ Miles
Anderson Varejao / Anthony Bennet / Kevin Jones*
Andrew Bynum / Tristan Thompson / Tyler Zeller

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 07:58 PM

Andrew Bynum and agent just got off phone with Cavs. That is who Bynum will choose. ESPN tweeted faster than I can type

:roll: :roll:

you're damn clueless. How do you know Dallas offered more $? or guaranteed more? Or gave more years?

1~Gibson~1
07-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Bynum had a two-year, $24 million offer from the Cavaliers, though only $6 million is guaranteed in Year 2. Bynum would need to reach a variety of incentives to collect the full $12 million for the 13-14 season...

DukeDelonte13
07-10-2013, 08:00 PM
if it's true only 6 mil is guaranteed than great signing.

ispin69
07-10-2013, 08:01 PM
:oldlol: Mavs dodged this trainwreck of a player. Way overpaid, too injury prone and will never play like that last year he played.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-10-2013, 08:01 PM
don't forget Mike Brown is Cleveland's coach...
http://www.thesportswonk.com/m/photos/get_image/file/9adf5b6d66b2cd3af1adfdfd3dab95f8.jpg

It's A VC3!!!
07-10-2013, 08:02 PM
What the Cavs are giving him is nothing extraordinary for a premier center like bynum IF HEALTHY. My question is why or if the Mavericks offered him something similar. The Cavs are a lock for the playoffs if Bynum and Kyrie remain healthy. they could even battle the knicks for the 6th seed.

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 08:02 PM
@ESPNSteinLine 38s

Cavs put number on table Mavs didn't want to match AND sent message to LeBron they'll try anything to improve roster for 2014 LeBron-a-thon

Yup, knew it was all about the $

DuMa
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
:roll: :roll:

you're damn clueless. How do you know Dallas offered more $? or guaranteed more? Or gave more years?

they had to offer something to bynum to get him to meet with them. They had plenty of time to counter offer what the Cavs offered Bynum publically so they had to offer something that was similar otherwise Bynum would have never met with them.

It's A VC3!!!
07-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Yup, knew it was all about the $
why would lebron ever want to play for the mavs in 2014? dirk would be one year away from possibly retiring then and the team would be lebron and nobody else. i'm a maverick fan. specifically a vince fan ( just wish mavs traded him to nets):( though. but i will tell you that mavs need to stop thinking about FA 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and just focus on winning now.

DukeDelonte13
07-10-2013, 08:04 PM
watch him have a set back in training camp and play 0 games this season.

Celtic_Pride
07-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Terrific move

If Bynum plays like he did in his last year with Lakers, they are in a great position to lure Lebron

If he fails, they get nothing to lose as he will not affect their cap in any way

SilkkTheShocker
Where is GOBB at?

DukeDelonte13
wow. Bynum's agent says Mike Brown was big reason on why he chose cleveland. Jarret Jack said something similar.

Young X
07-10-2013, 08:09 PM
76ers lost.

1987_Lakers
07-10-2013, 08:10 PM
If Bynum stays healthy the Cavs are easily making the playoffs next year.

It's A VC3!!!
07-10-2013, 08:12 PM
For the Mavericks to not match what could essentially be just $6 million for Bynum next season is sad. Mark said "the bank of Cuban is open". I guess he meant just for Dirk because he's not really showing the fan base what his intentions are. He won't get Lebron, or any other free agent without a superstar already there. They should have gotten Bynum for this price tag the Cavs did. Free Vince Carter, Mark!

ispin69
07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=UnIp6JhIU60

Kobe supports Andrew Bynum shooting 3's and 'testing the limits of his game'. :lol

Bandito
07-10-2013, 08:15 PM
wow. Bynum's agent says Mike Brown was big reason on why he chose cleveland. Jarret Jack said something similar.
Bullcrap, Carlyle is a better coach than potato head will ever be. He went to the Cavs because he offered more money.

D-Rose
For the Mavericks to not match what could essentially be just $6 million for Bynum next season is sad. Mark said "the bank of Cuban is open". I guess he meant just for Dirk because he's not really showing the fan base what his intentions are. He won't get Lebron, or any other free agent without a superstar already there. They should have gotten Bynum for this price tag the Cavs did. Free Vince Carter, Mark!
Cavs had a lot less to lose than the Mavs by guaranteeing that money. Cavs have lots of young and cheap talent on their roster. Mavs need that cap space to sign guys that will actually play a full season.

DirkNowitzki41

:biggums:

Mavs denied to match the offer the Cavs gave. That aint ditching

Bandito
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=UnIp6JhIU60

Kobe supports Andrew Bynum shooting 3's and 'testing the limits of his game'. :lol
Kobe is living rent free in your mind.:roll: :facepalm

RedBlackAttack
07-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Love this signing. It's like gambling with no consequences. Terrific offseason for the Cavs.

GOBB
07-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Anyone know the details of the 2 years? Curious to see what it looks like. Is there still a team option for year two or no? I'd be shocked if he took a 2yr deal with a team option in year 2.

Heavincent
07-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Best center in the league when healthy. Great move by the Cavs.

1987_Lakers
07-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Who knows, if Wade suffers a major injury & Bynum stays healthy next season you might see LeBron back in Cleveland soon.:lol

It's A VC3!!!
07-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Cavs had a lot less to lose than the Mavs by guaranteeing that money. Cavs have lots of young and cheap talent on their roster. Mavs need that cap space to sign guys that will actually play a full season.
So if Andrew does end up playing the entire 2013-2014 season or the majority of it, this will be another flop by Cuban. On the contrary though I believe that the Mavericks are losing a lot more because Dirk has one to two years left, maybe three. Last year was a complete waste as will the following year be. Mavs didn't get any big name free agent this year. why would they in any of the following years when dirk will be older or retired?

JtotheIzzo
07-10-2013, 08:22 PM
CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team is looking like its gonna battle for home playoff series now, and the best part is no PLEEZE BELIEVE on this bandwagon.

chips93
good signing low risk, high potential reward

im not gonna get too excited though, its pretty unlikely we get close to a full season from him.

Bullcrap, Carlyle is a better coach than potato head will ever be. He went to the Cavs because he offered more money.

carlisle is definitely a smarter coach, but maybe brown is a more likeable coach, and players would prefer playing for brown, even if carlisle is the better coach.

:confusedshrug:

GOBB
watch him have a set back in training camp and play 0 games this season.

:roll: Possible, but if the terms of the contract doesnt hurt financially then so be it. It drove me insane how much money dude made here not to play 1 game. But he's bowling, dancing and what not off the court.

SCdac
07-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Cuban continuing to get shatted on

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 08:23 PM
So if Andrew does end up playing the entire 2013-2014 season or the majority of it, this will be another flop by Cuban. On the contrary though I believe that the Mavericks are losing a lot more because Dirk has one to two years left, maybe three. Last year was a complete waste as will the following year be. Mavs didn't get any big name free agent this year. why would they in any of the following years when dirk will be older or retired?
Not everything is so black and white. It's more likely that Bynum will have a no show season than a good one. Mavs know that and their world class medical staff obviously played a role in not even matching the contract Cleveland offered. If he doesn't play a second, it doesn't hurt Cleveland. It would hurt Dallas though. We don't have any size right now, probably good to not spend remaining cap room on someone who no one is sure will even play.

Just wait ffs, the offseason just started! Look at the 2011 Mavs squad..so many key players were brought in trades, rather than splash FA signings. Relax.

It's A VC3!!!
07-10-2013, 08:25 PM
CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team is looking like its gonna battle for home playoff series now, and the best part is no PLEEZE BELIEVE on this bandwagon.
Slow down there buddy.
Here on my newly updated eastern conference brackets.

Heat
Bulls
Nets
Pacers
Knicks
Cavs
Pistons
Wizards
Each team should be a winning team in the east this year. :cheers:

FireMcFailPlease
don't forget Mike Brown is Cleveland's coach...
http://www.thesportswonk.com/m/photos/get_image/file/9adf5b6d66b2cd3af1adfdfd3dab95f8.jpg
:roll: :roll: :roll:

DirkNowitzki41
Cuban continuing to get shatted on

:wtf: i dont get whats so hard to understand. Mavs didnt match the 6 mill......

it was their choice.. its not like bynum chose cavs over mavs. mavs didnt even bring up an offer

chips93
Anyone know the details of the 2 years? Curious to see what it looks like. Is there still a team option for year two or no? I'd be shocked if he took a 2yr deal with a team option in year 2.

6 million of the contract is guaranteed in the first year, and the second year is a team option

according to woj

1987_Lakers
07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Cuban has had back luck since his title season in 2011.

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Cuban has had back luck since his title season in 2011.
You people are so retarded :roll: Mavs did not offer a contract! They turned down Bynum!

Blue&Orange
07-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Apparently Bynum likes Mike Brown. :confusedshrug:

chips93
07-10-2013, 08:29 PM
for perspective, the money guaranteed on bynums contract, is the same as what the cavs paid luke walton last season

from jason llyod

SilkkTheShocker
07-10-2013, 08:30 PM
You people are so retarded :roll: Mavs did not offer a contract! They turned down Bynum!

Mavs still haven't had much luck at all since 2011. The Calderon signing was almost a cry for help. Cleveland got Jack for a cheaper price and he is younger and a legit 6th man of the year candidate

1987_Lakers
07-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Enjoy watching your team slowly turn into a lottery team.:cheers:

Waits for a Lakers joke.

D-Rose
for perspective, the money guaranteed on bynums contract, is the same as what the cavs paid luke walton last season

from jason llyod
It's great for the Cavs...going to be a fun ass team this year.

SCdac
:wtf: i dont get whats so hard to understand. Mavs didnt match the 6 mill......

it was their choice.. its not like bynum chose cavs over mavs. mavs didnt even bring up an offer

Still continuing to miss out on the best talent in FA, whether self inflicted or not :confusedshrug:

Turning down Bynum is as bad as missing out on him IMO.

GOBB
07-10-2013, 08:33 PM
6 million of the contract is guaranteed in the first year, and the second year is a team option

according to woj

This means he didnt get any big offers from teams. And he was even more smart not to workout for teams knowing the potential money he could have thrown away. Unless he did that by not working out.

Anyway, thats a good deal by Cleveland because if he crashes and burns? He's not making a ton of $$$$ on you.

I wonder if say Cleveland picked up the team option how much of that would be worth.

Like the risk Cleveland is taking. And even if Bynum doesnt play by chance you still have a Andy V. More than capable Center.

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Mavs still haven't had much luck at all since 2011. The Calderon signing was almost a cry for help. Cleveland got Jack for a cheaper price and he is younger and a legit 6th man of the year candidate
Calderon is a legit starter in the league and a solid point guard. Wonderful locker room leader as well and going to fit well with Dirk. Got Jose and Devin for 10 mill a year and very happy about it.

2011 was an awesome year and just having a guy like Dirk walking through that hallway is plenty of luck. He's won everything there is to win.

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Enjoy watching your team slowly turn into a lottery team.:cheers:

Waits for a Lakers joke.

Wait...wait...tell me how many fewer games did the 12-13 Mavs win than the 12-13 Lakers? Jeez look at that disparity in roster and stars :eek:

Legends66NBA7
07-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Wait...wait...tell me how many fewer games did the 12-13 Mavs win than the 12-13 Lakers? Jeez look at that disparity in roster and stars :eek:

Aren't you a Lakers fan ? I think I've seen you mention that before on here.

SilkkTheShocker
07-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Calderon is a legit starter in the league and a solid point guard. Wonderful locker room leader as well and going to fit well with Dirk. Got Jose and Devin for 10 mill a year and very happy about it.

2011 was an awesome year and just having a guy like Dirk walking through that hallway is plenty of luck. He's won everything there is to win.

Ok.

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Aren't you a Lakers fan ? I think I've seen you mention that before on here.
Yup been a Lakers fan for like...12 years. Becoming less of a LA fan as the days go on though. But getting into the Mavs way more...my hometown team.

chips93
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM

white text doe

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
white text doe
Haha I saw it...even made it pink :lol

RedBlackAttack
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
This means he didnt get any big offers from teams. And he was even more smart not to workout for teams knowing the potential money he could have thrown away. Unless he did that by not working out.

Anyway, thats a good deal by Cleveland because if he crashes and burns? He's not making a ton of $$$$ on you.

I wonder if say Cleveland picked up the team option how much of that would be worth.

Like the risk Cleveland is taking. And even if Bynum doesnt play by chance you still have a Andy V. More than capable Center.
I really don't see any risk with this move. If he sits out all year? Don't exercise the team option. Basically, it was Bynum or a guy like Elton Brand or some other veteran with no upside.

Cavs just landed Andrew Bynum for roughly the same amount of guaranteed money as they paid for Jarrett Jack.

If he does come out and perform well, we have him locked in for at least two years. If not, cut him loose with no consequences and increased cap space.

Chris Grant :bowdown:

Cavs roster:

PG - Kyrie Irving / Jarrett Jack
SG - Dion Waiters / CJ Miles
SF - Alonzo Gee / Earl Clark / Sergey Karasev
PF - Tristan Thompson / Anthony Bennett
C - Andrew Bynum / Anderson Varejao / Tyler Zeller

So much versatility here... That bench is amazing.

PickernRoller
07-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Cavs are wasting cash on Bynum. If Bynum was sure of his capacity to play the game, and his overall well-being he would have practiced for other teams and would have shown this. AKA not leaving potential money on the table and finding a suitable contender. He's still f'cked up and that's a fact. You don't play hide and seek in this league.

Good luck Cleveland. Hopefully a miracle of god happens. If not, ohh well, more money wasted on a bum. 76ers were glad not to sign him back. Plus Mike Brown is there - both him and Bynum had beef when Bynum was a Laker.

At least the signing got RedBlack happy. Cavs need a boost - even if by a long shot. Risk is risk.

PleezeBelieve
07-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Excellent signing.

Cavs to win the Central?

SilkkTheShocker
07-10-2013, 08:54 PM
I see no way this is a risk for Cleveland. The only one that will suffer is Dan Gilbert's wallet. If anyone took a risk, it was Philly. And they ended up getting prison raped

RedBlackAttack
07-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Cavs are wasting cash on Bynum. If Bynum was sure of his capacity to play the game, and his overall well-being he would have practiced for other teams and would have shown this. AKA not leaving potential money on the table and finding a suitable contender. He's still f'cked up and that's a fact. You don't play hide and seek in this league.

Good luck Cleveland. Hopefully a miracle of god happens. If not, ohh well, more money wasted on a bum. 76ers were glad not to sign him back. Plus Mike Brown is there - both him and Bynum had beef when Bynum was a Laker.

At least the signing got RedBlack happy. Cavs need a boost - even if by a long shot. Risk is risk.
How is it a risk? Please explain. Cavs have protected themselves with the structure of the contract.

The reason I'm excited isn't just because of the signing... It's because the contract has been put together so well. I don't see any way that this can hurt the Cavs. Unless you think Elton Brand is far more valuable than Bynum at this stage.

chips93
07-10-2013, 08:55 PM

do you understand what guaranteed money, and team options are?

if you do, how can you see it as a risk?

we are getting potentially the 2nd best center in the league for 6 million guaranteed. how is that a risk not worth taking

veilside23
07-10-2013, 08:56 PM
I really don't see any risk with this move. If he sits out all year? Don't exercise the team option. Basically, it was Bynum or a guy like Elton Brand or some other veteran with no upside.

Cavs just landed Andrew Bynum for roughly the same amount of guaranteed money as they paid for Jarrett Jack.

If he does come out and perform well, we have him locked in for at least two years. If not, cut him loose with no consequences and increased cap space.

Cavs roster:

right that bench is prolly one of the deepest on paper and depending on how anthony bennett pans out they might get 5th seed in the playoffs .. even without bynum that cavs roster is already a playoff team.

chips93
07-10-2013, 09:00 PM
its kinda crazy that if everybody is healthy (which realistically is unlikely), one or more of anthony bennett, anderson varejao, tristan thompson, and andrew bynum will be getting less than 24mpg.

last year we had guys like samardo samuels, tyler zeller and (gulp) luke walton getting minutes in the big man rotation.

thats a pretty amazing upgrade.

GOBB
07-10-2013, 09:04 PM

Cavs roster:

Its Bynum there is always risk involved with him. :confusedshrug:

Its not a huge risk no doubt. But a risk nonetheless. How does he perform when he is on the floor? Has the year off humbled him or does he feel he is as good as he thinks he is? So he will try to command/control the team when honestly its Kyrie Irvings team not his? Will he buy into what Clev and Mike Brown are trying to establish? If so for how long?

And you say there is no risk involved with Bynum? Come on RBA. I hope it works out but you gotta be cautious with this guy even if he makes it on the court for yall.

1~Gibson~1
If Bynum can rebound the ball and play defense like he used to he is everything we need.

kamil
I know this is far fetched, but I hope this Cavs team tears LeBron* and the rest of the Heat organization and fanboys a very large a$$hole.

PickernRoller
07-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Too many posters to reply to.

How is throwing money away not risk? That's the first risk when you sign a player. Whether by little or by a lot. Last I checked anything above 1 mill is a lot. I guess I forgot that's pocket change for ISH.

Sometimes having a crappy center is better than having a center sidelined for the whole season. Even if no money is lost.

So there is risk. Whether people subjectively look at it as minimal is another thing entirely. Hopefully he at least plays a full game...hopefully.

bluechox2
07-10-2013, 09:09 PM
bynum said he hasnt ruled out returning to philly in the future to continue his bowling career

GOBB
bynum said he hasnt ruled out returning to philly in the future to continue his bowling career

F*ck you. :oldlol:

chips93
fwiw the cavs still have 2.5 million in the MLE to spend

maybe throw a deal at gary neal to be a backup shooting guard?

chips93
07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Too many posters to reply to.

How is throwing money away not risk? That's the first risk when you sign a player. Whether by little or by a lot. Last I checked anything above 1 mill is a lot. I guess I forgot that's pocket change for ISH.

Sometimes having a crappy center is better than having a center sidelined for the whole season. Even if no money is lost.

So there is risk. Whether people subjectively look at it as minimal is another thing entirely.

1 million evidently isnt a lot to dan gilbert

of course there is some risk, but its totally worth it. there is a risk i could get hit by a car tomorrow, but im not gonna sit inside all day.

the risk is totally worth the potential reward

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 09:11 PM

Amico said to keep an eye out for them in the AK47 run...not sure how it could get done but that'd be insane.

GOBB
07-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Waste. With Jack/Miles, there is no room for a Gary Neal.

PickernRoller
07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
1 million evidently isnt a lot to dan gilbert

of course there is some risk, but its totally worth it. there is a risk i could get hit by a car tomorrow, but im not gonna sit inside all day.

the risk is totally worth the potential reward

I hope it works out for you guys. I really do. I just have a hard time swallowing Bynum, with all that has happened. Throughout Bynum's career the only positive was 2012 and he f'cked it up letting Perk move him out of position. Then he went MIA with the 76ers like he did since he got to LA.

Dude just not worth a penny to me.

1~Gibson~1
07-10-2013, 09:14 PM

We're probably done for the summer. Jarret jack is gonna get almost as many minutes as a starter and the rest of the PT will either go to rookie guard Sergie Karasev or if he doesnt pan out CJ Miles... I think the roster is at 15 as well. Not sure

chips93
07-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Waste. With Jack/Miles, there is no room for a Gary Neal.

its 2.5 million to spare, and backup 2 is our greatest need right now.

how is it a waste if we are under the cap?

anyways, miles is really inconsistent

chips93
07-10-2013, 09:18 PM
We're probably done for the summer. Jarret jack is gonna get almost as many minutes as a starter and the rest of the PT will either go to rookie guard Sergie Karasev or if he doesnt pan out CJ Miles... I think the roster is at 15 as well. Not sure

ooh yeah, i didnt check that

id love for karasev to pan out. ive read about him and watched him at the nike hoop summit, and thats it, but he looks like a really fun player. great shooter, high iq, and has a bit of flair to his game.

Amico said to keep an eye out for them in the AK47 run...not sure how it could get done but that'd be insane.

that would be great, but i dont see how he doesnt command a lot more than 2.5

id think hes worth 5 a year, at least

D-Rose
07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah theres a better deal out there for Kirilenko..he opted out of 10 mill after all.

oh and...

@ESPNSteinLine 1m

Neither Atlanta nor Dallas, sources tell ESPN, made formal offer to Bynum after their respective sitdowns with the former All-Star this week

GOBB
07-10-2013, 09:23 PM
its 2.5 million to spare, and backup 2 is our greatest need right now.

how is it a waste if we are under the cap?

anyways, miles is really inconsistent

Not enough minutes. Its a waste because Neal will have to compete for minutes at SG with Waiters, Miles around. Jarrett Jack is gonna be the bread winner in terms of minutes played and the first guard off the bench. He can play either guard spot. I dont think Neal will get enough minutes to be effective for the Cavs which is why I see it as a waste. CJ Miles may have been inconsistent but if Bynum is healthy and with a healthy Andy V back who knows which way he goes.

I think Cavs roster is set for now. :confusedshrug:

Uncle Drew
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Woohoo.

chosen_one6
07-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I hope it works out for you guys. I really do. I just have a hard time swallowing Bynum, with all that has happened. Throughout Bynum's career the only positive was 2012 and he f'cked it up letting Perk move him out of position. Then he went MIA with the 76ers like he did since he got to LA.

Dude just not worth a penny to me.

I knew you liked the d*ck

Hotlantadude81
07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Yeah theres a better deal out there for Kirilenko..he opted out of 10 mill after all.

oh and...

Why wouldn't the Hawks offer a short contract? Who are they saving the money for?? Monta Ellis or Lebron next year?:lol

PickernRoller
07-10-2013, 09:36 PM
I knew you liked the d*ck

Since when?

LBJMVP
07-10-2013, 11:29 PM

what the hell, you called me an idiot for saying that was why he was not working out for teams...

whatever, i dont get why dallas wouldnt want to match 6 million dollars. that sounds cheap even for not knowing how bynum will turn out.

very good signing because now he should be motivated to work out and rehab knowing that he could potentially double his salary next year.

Meticode
07-10-2013, 11:50 PM
I love all the hate on the signing. People so ignorant on the signing. They see $24 million for two years and don't even read into it. He'll get $6 million this year. If he plays most of his games and makes his benchmarks this season he'll get $12 and Cleveland will likely exercise their second year option. If he shows up as a problem with his health or attitude, he gets basically a MLE and they let him walk and they keep their money next year and it doesn't set Cleveland back at all financially.

Great signing even if he plays 0 games this season. You basically take a chance without basically giving up nothing and gaining all of what you need if it works out.

Meticode
07-10-2013, 11:55 PM
The Cavaliers have a lot of potential interesting lineups with combo players like Jack, Waiters, Clark and Bennett.

Point Blank
07-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Yup been a Lakers fan for like...12 years. Becoming less of a LA fan as the days go on though. But getting into the Mavs way more...my hometown team.

You have a D-Rose username, you are/were Lakers fan for 12 years, and have a Mavericks avi? You my friend are confused..

DropStep
07-11-2013, 12:18 AM
The Cavs are looking so promising, if thier players stay injury free(i highly doubt that).

coin24
Great signing cavs:applause:
Hope Bynum returns to form:rockon:

Lebron23
If Bynum and Irving are healthy they are a playoffs team.

JtotheIzzo
07-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Slow down there buddy.
Here on my newly updated eastern conference brackets.

Heat
Bulls
Nets
Pacers
Knicks
Cavs
Pistons
Wizards
Each team should be a winning team in the east this year. :cheers:

I think finishing 6th would have them 'battling' for 4th.

andremiller07
07-11-2013, 12:23 AM
If the Cavs are healthy they are going to be fantastic to watch

LBJMVP
07-11-2013, 12:25 AM
If Bynum and Irving are healthy they are a playoffs team.

we are more than a playoff team if they are healthy...

operation upset miami in full progress.

Killbot
07-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Cavaliers did good. Bynum only gets a guarantee 6 million for 2nd year if things don't pan out. It is not a big heavy risk and it won't cripple the Cavaliers in terms of being able to make other transactions in case something goes wrong. If the team succeeds with Bynum healthy, they win. If they fail to make the playoffs, which I find hard to believe, they could aim for that final piece they need in a strong lottery draft.

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 12:59 AM
One thing I've learned over the last few years... take whatever Amico says with a whole salt shaker. Guy basically throws a bunch of shit on the wall and sees what sticks. There only seem to be a couple people with legitimate sources close to the Cavs... Jason Lloyd, Windy and of course the incomparable Woj.

Amico likes to pretend he's on the inside, but I'm pretty sure I have better sources.

That said, AK47 would be perfect. Doubt it happens though.

Zoobieshoes
07-11-2013, 01:02 AM
As a Laker fan I will support Bynum and the Cavs out east this season!!

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 01:20 AM
As a Laker fan I will support Bynum and the Cavs out east this season!!
:cheers:

I'll just put this here...

Andrew Bynum - Free Agent Video Scouting Report (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SMFAwJAKYJc#at=79)

:eek:

red1
07-11-2013, 01:22 AM
cleveland cavaliers :applause:

buddha
07-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
LeBron James
Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson
Andrew Bynum, Anderson Varejao

that team could be the GOAT team if Waiters improves, Anthony Bennett turns out to be a star, and Bynum stays healthy. 80-2

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
LeBron James
Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson
Andrew Bynum, Anderson Varejao

that team could be the GOAT team if Waiters improves, Anthony Bennett turns out to be a star, and Bynum stays healthy. 80-2
Why does it always have to be about James? Seriously, he plays for the Heat. He ain't leaving. He needs to stay there.

The Cavaliers should be focused on beating him, not wooing him.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Excellent signing.

Cavs to win the Central?
Thinking of that right now. I just think about how Cleveland, Indy, or Chicago will have to be a 5 seed, regardless of record.

I think Central has to be considered the best division in the league right now? 3 locks for the playoffs and a shot that all 5 teams make the playoffs. Not sure any other division can say that besides the Southwest perhaps.

buddha
07-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Why does it always have to be about James? Seriously, he plays for the Heat. He ain't leaving. He needs to stay there.

The Cavaliers should be focused on beating him, not wooing him.

because signing James is the only way the Cavs will ever beat him. You're probably right, I don't see him leaving Miami.. Unless, Bynum and Bennett go beast mode and Kyrie leads the Cavs to a top 4 seed.. I could see James jumping a sinking ship with Wade declining and Bosh being so soft.

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 02:08 AM
because signing James is the only way the Cavs will ever beat him. You're probably right, I don't see him leaving Miami.. Unless, Bynum and Bennett go beast mode and Kyrie leads the Cavs to a top 4 seed.. I could see James jumping a sinking ship with Wade declining and Bosh being so soft.
Were the Heat really that unbeatable last year? And, is their roster structured in a way that lends itself to them continuing to progress or regress? I'd say the latter.

I'm not saying the Cavs will beat the Heat, but I don't think that's an unbeatable team going forward. If the Cavs continue making the right kinds of moves, there's no reason to think they couldn't compete on that level eventually. For Cavs fans, it would be so much sweeter to beat James than to win with him. To me at least.

Let's just say, for argument's sake, Bynum comes back and plays like his 2011-12 self. He's only 25, so he stays with the Cavs longterm. Kyrie continues to improve, as does Dion and Tristan. Meanwhile, Bennett lives up to his top overall draft selection and becomes a beast. Certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Karasev lives up to his billing as the best pure shooter in last year's draft.

You don't think that team can eventually compete with the Miami Heat? With an aging Wade and even James starting to get up there in terms of mileage on his body? Kyrie and Dion are both 21 years old and Bennett is 20. They're going to be around (hopefully) for a long time.

chazzy
07-11-2013, 02:18 AM
He was better in 2012 than Dwight was this past year. Hope he can play out a full career

bdreason
07-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Cavs looking solid. Should be a playoff roster barring injuries.

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Andrew Bynum agrees to two-year contract offer from Cleveland Cavaliers
By Jodie Valade, The Plain Dealer

http://imgick.cleveland.com/home/cleve-media/pgmain/img/plain-dealer/photo/2013/07/-91389786bc885e0a.jpg

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A little more than a week ago, Andrew Bynum answered the phone without knowing the call would alter his future.

But after the 7-foot center with suspect knees talked to Cavaliers coach Mike Brown -- the same coach who guided Bynum to his best season in the NBA -- he was ready to not only listen to any free-agent offers from Cleveland, but also place the Cavaliers among the leading contenders for his services.

The result, after fielding offers from three teams over the course of three days this week, was that Bynum agreed to terms for a two-year deal with the Cavaliers on Wednesday. The incentive-laden contract is worth a guaranteed $6 million in the first season, and includes a team option for the second year, according to a league source. In all, if goals are met, it could be worth up to $24 million.

"Whatever Mike said, Andrew got off the phone and was actually excited to take the meeting," said David Lee, Bynum's agent, Wednesday evening. "I kid Mike that he should go into motivational speaking, but Andrew was extremely motivated and extremely excited."

And the Cavaliers are cautiously thrilled that their gamble to dangle a large amount of money in front of a player who missed the entire 2012-13 season with the Philadelphia 76ers pays off. The Cavaliers' deal -- authorized and heavily encouraged by owner Dan Gilbert and made possible by General Manager Chris Grant's careful hoarding of salary-cap space -- beat out offers from the Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks, who were hesitant to take a risk on Bynum's knees.

The move also allows the Cavaliers to retain their coveted salary-cap flexibility for 2014 when a run at possible free agent LeBron James has long been expected.

Questions still remain about Bynum's knees -- "It's not a slam dunk," one league executive said -- and even moreso about his heart, according to a league source. Bynum missed his only season in Philadelphia because of what first was a bone bruise, and later was a knee injury suffered while bowling. Since undergoing surgery on his knees in March, Bynum has gained about 15 pounds, Lee said.

Lee said he expects Bynum to be ready to play by the start of training camp -- even though he wouldn't permit his client to work out for teams.

"Actually, there was no reason to have him work out," Lee said. "His skill level's not in question, so there's no reason to work out. The reality is he has not picked up the ball in some time and he has to get his weight down. He's got to lose probably about 15 pounds, which is not a big deal. But to get on the floor you've got to reduce your weight, otherwise you risk injury."

The last time Bynum did pick up a ball, however, he had his most productive season in the NBA, averaging 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds in 2011-12 while playing for Brown and the Lakers.

The Cavaliers not only offered the prospect of being reunited with Brown, but the opportunity to rebuild in Cleveland with All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving -- who texted Bynum for all of Monday and most of Tuesday encouraging him to sign with the Cavaliers.

"It was the best situation," Lee said. "The team looks terrific. We could not find a negative."

Bynum joins guard Jarrett Jack and forward Early Clark as free-agent pickups this off-season. Jack and Clark are scheduled to sign their contracts Friday and be introduced to media at a news conference that day.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2013/07/its_a_gamble_but_andrew_bynum.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Really great to have a young potential superstar player who is willing to help recruit players for the good of the team. Good work, Kyrie. :cheers:

DukeDelonte13
07-11-2013, 07:52 AM

http://imgick.cleveland.com/home/cleve-media/pgmain/img/plain-dealer/photo/2013/07/-91389786bc885e0a.jpg

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A little more than a week ago, Andrew Bynum answered the phone without knowing the call would alter his future.

But after the 7-foot center with suspect knees talked to Cavaliers coach Mike Brown -- the same coach who guided Bynum to his best season in the NBA -- he was ready to not only listen to any free-agent offers from Cleveland, but also place the Cavaliers among the leading contenders for his services.

The result, after fielding offers from three teams over the course of three days this week, was that Bynum agreed to terms for a two-year deal with the Cavaliers on Wednesday. The incentive-laden contract is worth a guaranteed $6 million in the first season, and includes a team option for the second year, according to a league source. In all, if goals are met, it could be worth up to $24 million.

"Whatever Mike said, Andrew got off the phone and was actually excited to take the meeting," said David Lee, Bynum's agent, Wednesday evening. "I kid Mike that he should go into motivational speaking, but Andrew was extremely motivated and extremely excited."

And the Cavaliers are cautiously thrilled that their gamble to dangle a large amount of money in front of a player who missed the entire 2012-13 season with the Philadelphia 76ers pays off. The Cavaliers' deal -- authorized and heavily encouraged by owner Dan Gilbert and made possible by General Manager Chris Grant's careful hoarding of salary-cap space -- beat out offers from the Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks, who were hesitant to take a risk on Bynum's knees.

The move also allows the Cavaliers to retain their coveted salary-cap flexibility for 2014 when a run at possible free agent LeBron James has long been expected.

Questions still remain about Bynum's knees -- "It's not a slam dunk," one league executive said -- and even moreso about his heart, according to a league source. Bynum missed his only season in Philadelphia because of what first was a bone bruise, and later was a knee injury suffered while bowling. Since undergoing surgery on his knees in March, Bynum has gained about 15 pounds, Lee said.

Lee said he expects Bynum to be ready to play by the start of training camp -- even though he wouldn't permit his client to work out for teams.

"Actually, there was no reason to have him work out," Lee said. "His skill level's not in question, so there's no reason to work out. The reality is he has not picked up the ball in some time and he has to get his weight down. He's got to lose probably about 15 pounds, which is not a big deal. But to get on the floor you've got to reduce your weight, otherwise you risk injury."

The last time Bynum did pick up a ball, however, he had his most productive season in the NBA, averaging 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds in 2011-12 while playing for Brown and the Lakers.

The Cavaliers not only offered the prospect of being reunited with Brown, but the opportunity to rebuild in Cleveland with All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving -- who texted Bynum for all of Monday and most of Tuesday encouraging him to sign with the Cavaliers.

"It was the best situation," Lee said. "The team looks terrific. We could not find a negative."

Bynum joins guard Jarrett Jack and forward Early Clark as free-agent pickups this off-season. Jack and Clark are scheduled to sign their contracts Friday and be introduced to media at a news conference that day.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2013/07/its_a_gamble_but_andrew_bynum.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Really great to have a young potential superstar player who is willing to help recruit players for the good of the team. Good work, Kyrie. :cheers:

Wow can't believe a cavalier is actually help recruit, especially Kryie. Good news considering all the sh*t he's been getting from fans claiming he is a disinterested lazy diva.

rufuspaul
07-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Worst case scenario: Bynum doesn't play a game, Kyrie suffers another injury like he had at Dook, Bennett doesn't pan out.

Best case scenario: Everyone stays healthy, Cavs make noise in the playoffs, Lebron signs with the team in 2014.

fragokota
07-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Interesting signing by the cavs.Boy it seems that they try their best to bring lebron back in 2014

andremiller07
07-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Worst case scenario: Bynum doesn't play a game, Kyrie suffers another injury like he had at Dook, Bennett doesn't pan out.

Best case scenario: Everyone stays healthy, Cavs make noise in the playoffs, Lebron signs with the team in 2014.
Not sure if that is worst case cause you have a shot @ getting a top 5 pick in 2014 as well, Cavs this season are really in a no lose situation going forward, if they are healthy they are going to beast and if it all goes to crap (highly unlikely) they get a double chance sort of since the draft class is loaded.

Meticode
07-11-2013, 08:49 AM

As long as Michael Jordan isn't our GM, I'm fine with both scenarios.

rufuspaul
07-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Not sure if that is worst case cause you have a shot @ getting a top 5 pick in 2014 as well, Cavs this season are really in a no lose situation going forward, if they are healthy they are going to beast and if it all goes to crap (highly unlikely) they get a double chance sort of since the draft class is loaded.

This is true. Plus it's highly unlikely all that misfortune would happen. The Cavs have been smart and patient adding assets each season. Of course it helps to have 2 #1 picks. :oldlol:

Optimus Prime
07-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Great move by the Cavs. If Bynum is done and all he does in Cleveland is bowl then they lost very little. If Bynum returns to even near his old form they got one of the best bigs in the league.

That Bynum 3/Mike Brown pic cracks me up every time. You ain't Phil! Bombs away! :kobe:

GOBB
07-11-2013, 11:43 AM
what the hell, you called me an idiot for saying that was why he was not working out for teams...

You claimed he was healthy. I said no one knows and one of the reasons he didn't workout for teams is because he probably isn't healthy or confident. You talked up this Cleveland clinic crap when the guy has yet to go thru physical activities to demonstrate the knees are fine. Getting poked, prodded, check up is not the same as watching Bynum work out. You again fail to comprehend this point.

Bynum was cleared to practice with Sixers. Then afterwards swelling developed and he didn't practice again.

longtime lurker
07-11-2013, 12:19 PM

How come you didn't post a picture of Bynum in his Sixers jersey?

:lol too soon?

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
This is true. Plus it's highly unlikely all that misfortune would happen. The Cavs have been smart and patient adding assets each season. Of course it helps to have 2 #1 picks. :oldlol:
That is true, but I will again point out that the No. 1 pick which was Kyrie came from assets collected by Grant, not the team's own pick. I would say he is in the argument as being the best GM in the league over the last three years. Almost every move he's made has turned out well.

I hate all of the James talk, though. It would be nice if this organization could make a good move without him being brought up constantly. I really can't wait until he re-signs longterm in Miami. Looking forward to it.

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 01:05 PM
You claimed he was healthy. I said no one knows and one of the reasons he didn't workout for teams is because he probably isn't healthy or confident. You talked up this Cleveland clinic crap when the guy has yet to go thru physical activities to demonstrate the knees are fine. Getting poked, prodded, check up is not the same as watching Bynum work out. You again fail to comprehend this point.

Bynum was cleared to practice with Sixers. Then afterwards swelling developed and he didn't practice again.
I think one of the major reasons he didn't work out for any teams is that he's overweight right now and he hasn't been able to play in a while. Frankly, I don't want a guy that big who has had knee problems playing basketball while being 20 pounds overweight (at least) if I'm thinking about signing him. That's a recipe for disaster.

He did allow the Cavs to take an MRI of his knees, not just poking and prodding.

JohnnySic
07-11-2013, 01:28 PM
If Bynum is healthy they make the playoffs easily. Good pickup.

Meticode
07-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I hope he hits the gym hard. He's got about 3 months to lose about 20lbs.

jbryan1984
07-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Wow, this is an exciting time to be a Cavs fan. I have not felt that in many years. The guard rotation of Kyrie, Waiters and Jack is going to be sick. Watching Jack in the playoffs this year, I was reminded how underrated he really is. Dude is a beast. The Bynum signing makes it even better. I feel for Philly fans, he is going to get booed to hell when we play at Wells Fargo. The starting lineup will probably be Kyrie/Waiters/Gee/TT/Bynum. Our bench..... Varejao and Jack I expect will be first two off the bench. Then you got the Russian kid, Clark, Anthony Bennett. Its going to be a deep team and we want back in the playoffs :banana:

GOBB
07-11-2013, 01:42 PM
If Bynum is healthy they make the playoffs easily. Good pickup.

Without Bynum Cavs had a good chance to make the playoffs. Have you taken a look at the East lately?

pejavelin
07-11-2013, 01:45 PM
The Cavaliers have a lot of potential interesting lineups with combo players like Jack, Waiters, Clark and Bennett.

this is mike brown we are talking after all. you need the best bench in the league so he cant screw up the subs like he so awkwardly does. :biggums:

Jailblazers7
07-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Cavs looking solid. Should be a playoff roster barring injuries.

Yeah, but "barring injuries" looks to be pretty improbable with the roster they have now. They have a team that is better equip to deal with injury but they still have important players who have an injury-prone past.

I'll prob actually make a few trips up to Cleveland this year to watch the Cavs tho. Should be an interesting team.

Heavincent
07-11-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPhM1Y8EUdw

His back to the basket game is so nice.

Asiantastic
07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1001347_573349386049684_58112160_n.png

RedBlackAttack
07-11-2013, 06:59 PM
^^^I'm not sure why, but these things make me laugh.

It always ends with one guy saying "mj pls" or "bonum pls" and the other guy laughing it up. Very odd, but humorous.