PDA

View Full Version : Mo Williams is struggling to get a Mid-Level type contract.

PJR
07-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Sports Whispers ‏@SportsWhispers 26m
Nate Robinson and Mo Williams are struggling to get a (good) contract offer thus far in free agency.

And he's only 30. Crazy to think this dude was the best player LeBron ever played with in Cleveland. :oldlol:

I<3NBA
07-12-2013, 11:21 AM
inb4 retards say Shaq is the best player Lebron's played with in Cleveland.

well, technically, he is. except that his best years was behind him when Lebron got him.

hawkfan
07-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Part of it is that he wants to be a starter, and at his age there aren't many of those jobs around.

qrich
07-12-2013, 11:22 AM
He's going to the Lakers. They like picking up Clipper left overs. Blake, Young and Kaman :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
07-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I was told by several Laker and Cavalier fans that Mo Williams was legit 2nd option on championship team not too long ago

kshutts1
07-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Mo really should be the first guard off the bench for a team like the Bulls, Heat, Thunder (assuming RJ could slide to the 2/3), Spurs, etc. He's not good enough to carry a team, or to make a bottom seed into a top seed, but he is good enough to take a top team and put them slightly more over the top. Same with Nate, though to a lesser extent. Good Nate has the same affect, whereas Bad Nate does not, and unfortunately BN shows up too often.

Mr Exlax
07-12-2013, 11:26 AM
but but but Lebron made him suck!

3peated
07-12-2013, 11:56 AM
mo had a really good year with utah last year i thought.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Nate Robinson must be scratching his head right now.

"Did ya'll not watch the playoffs? I led the Bulls while D-Rose was out, and we made a good run in the playoffs ! I played well vs the Heat too!"

Manlet always get the short end of the stick.

PJR
07-12-2013, 11:58 AM
mo had a really good year with utah last year i thought.

13/6 and missing half the season is a good year?

jzek
07-12-2013, 12:03 PM
LeBron made this guy an All-Star and now look... nobody wants him! And ppl say LBJ doesn't make his teammates better :oldlol: Not his fault Wade is washed up and Bosh has no balls.

DMV2
07-12-2013, 12:05 PM
13/6 and missing half the season is a good year?
Don't forget the Jazz were + .500 when he was out, and under or at .500 when he played.

jzek
07-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I was told by several Laker and Cavalier fans that Mo Williams was legit 2nd option on championship team not too long ago

Kobe won rings with Shaq and Pau while LeBron's best teammates in CLE is Mo Williams. Unbelievable how lucky Kobe is! :eek:

bagelred
07-12-2013, 12:09 PM

"Did ya'll not watch the playoffs? I led the Bulls while D-Rose was out, and we made a good run in the playoffs ! I played well vs the Heat too!"

It shows how much you can hurt your market value when you have an unstable personality.

WayOfWade
07-12-2013, 12:12 PM
If I remember correctly, he said to the Jazz that if he can't start, he doesn't want to be there.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 12:13 PM
This actually has more to do with the new CBA and him wanting to start but of course dick riders are going to make this about Lebron

Unbiased_one
07-12-2013, 12:13 PM

And he's only 30. Crazy to think this dude was the best player LeBron ever played with in Cleveland. :oldlol:

He's much younger than I realized...I thought he was an over the hill vet when I last saw him play in 2010.

secund2nun
07-12-2013, 12:17 PM
He might as well sign with Miami for vet minimum. He can shoot the 3 ball and fits well with Lebron.

DMV2
07-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Is there actually a team out there that would start Mo Williams? :lol

Xiao Yao You
07-12-2013, 12:20 PM
If I remember correctly, he said to the Jazz that if he can't start, he doesn't want to be there.

His agent said that wasn't true. Local media just reported he is gone though.

PJR
07-12-2013, 12:21 PM
This actually has more to do with the new CBA and him wanting to start but of course dick riders are going to make this about Lebron

That's the point, genius. 30 teams don't view Mo Williams as a viable starter, and aren't willing to offer him a respectable contract.

Blaming the New CBA? The same CBA where OJ Mayo just got 24 million over 3 years? :oldlol:

I<3NBA
07-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Is there actually a team out there that would start Mo Williams? :lol
the Cavs started him. made him a 2nd option even.

DMV2
07-12-2013, 12:29 PM
the Cavs started him. made him a 2nd option even.
3-4 years ago when he showed glimpse of All-Star potential. But as we can see he's not full-time starter material without LeBron.

OldSkoolball#52
07-12-2013, 12:31 PM

Mo Williams was on the short list for 6MoY candidates two years ago as well.

We are starting to see the ramifications of the new CBA and the heavy tax penalties it has ushered in. From here on out, many players won't be getting the kind of money they're accustomed to. It's going to be a completely different landscape IMO.

Mo's a good leader and a professional though, hopefully he can sign with a team that will get him some exposure next year and then sign a better contract. He'd be a much better fit next to Harden and Howard than Lin is tho, I'll tell you that

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
That's the point, genius. 30 teams don't view Mo Williams as a viable starter, and aren't willing to offer him a respectable contract.

Blaming the New CBA? The same CBA where OJ Mayo just got 24 million over 3 years? :oldlol:

Andre Kirilenko just took a 3 million dollar deal to come off the bench. I don't know why you bring up OJ Mayo because he's obviously younger than Moe Williams and has more upside. There is a glut of players at the PG position and Williams wants to start so obviously its going to be hard for him to get a contract unless he takes a pay cut. If this was the old CBA a team like the Rockets would sign him for the mid level, but I'm not even sure if they have that any more.

ILLsmak
07-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I'd say Andy V was definitely a better player than Mo and it's not even close.

It's pretty obvious Mo was incapable of playing PG, but was a really wet jump shooter.

He was the type of player who could shine in that system.

Accept it, if LeBron played up to his potential, that team could have won a ring.

-Smak

wakencdukest
07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
He's not a true point guard and was never that great. He had one really good year with the Cavs, but didn't he only make the all star team because someone else got injured?

tmacattack33
07-12-2013, 12:51 PM

:confusedshrug: ...okay...so he wants to start then. So this means that no team wants him as a starter.

He was supposed to be Lebron's Robin on a championship team. Yet no team wants to sign him as a starter.

Thanks for arguing in favor of the Lebron side of this argument. :rockon:

Kurosawa0
07-12-2013, 12:51 PM
He's a middling 6th man on a mediocre team. Worst All-Star ever.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
]
I'd say Andy V was definitely a better player than Mo and it's not even close.

It's pretty obvious Mo was incapable of playing PG, but was a really wet jump shooter.

He was the type of player who could shine in that system.

Accept it, if LeBron played up to his potential, that team could have won a ring.

-Smak
Someone cleary did not watch the 2009 nba playoffs.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
:confusedshrug: ...okay...so he wants to start then. So this means that no team wants him as a starter.

He was supposed to be Lebron's Robin on a championship team. Yet no team wants to sign him as a starter.

Thanks for arguing in favor of the Lebron side of this argument. :rockon:

And yes comparing a player 3 years ago in a completely different setting and comparing him to now actually makes sense right? Metta World Peace just got amnestied by the Lakers that means 3 years ago he was complete trash according to Lebron fan logic. :facepalm

DukeDelonte13
07-12-2013, 02:26 PM
he avaeraged over 17 pts a game and had a couple of 40+ games his first season as a cav. He delivered during the reg season and choked in the playoffs. He also wasn't the best player Lebron played with.

ukballer
07-12-2013, 02:29 PM
I'd be sad if Nate Robinson doesn't get re-signed by the Bulls. Dude was throwing up on the sidelines he was playing so hard for them. He's always reiterated how much he loves playing for them too, and that it's the closest team he's ever been on.

Twiens
07-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Seems like everyone is signing 1 year, minimum contracts. Nate and Mo will probably have to do the same.

ILLsmak
07-12-2013, 03:32 PM
]
Someone cleary did not watch the 2009 nba playoffs.

I watched every playoffs, myson.

Doesn't mean you win every year, but that team was capable.

-Smak

Godzuki
07-12-2013, 03:34 PM
he chucks and misses way too much and isn't very good at setting people up either. i wouldn't want Mo to be a PG on a team i liked. i thought his shot sucked last season when he was healthy, or rather he was extremely inconsistent from game to game.

flipogb
07-12-2013, 05:18 PM
He's going to the Lakers. They like picking up Clipper left overs. Blake, Young and Kaman :oldlol:
Butler, Turiaf, Barnes, Jamison

flipogb
07-12-2013, 05:19 PM
if Nate has to settle for minimum, it should be the Nets

Levity
07-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Utah fans, how was he post wrist injury? it was his nonshooting hand, correct?

Nezty
07-12-2013, 05:27 PM
LeBron made this guy an All-Star and now look... nobody wants him! And ppl say LBJ doesn't make his teammates better :oldlol: Not his fault Wade is washed up and Bosh has no balls.

False.

SamuraiSWISH
07-12-2013, 05:30 PM
I'd be sad if Nate Robinson doesn't get re-signed by the Bulls. Dude was throwing up on the sidelines he was playing so hard for them. He's always reiterated how much he loves playing for them too, and that it's the closest team he's ever been on.
Doesn't justify the contract he's trying to get. He's at best still just an explosive 6th man off the bench for scoring. He wants to get paid like a legit starter. He's not that valuable at all. Same reason we let Ben Gordon walk ... and they provide the same thing.

ihatetimthomas
07-12-2013, 05:55 PM
It shows how much you can hurt your market value when you have an unstable personality.

Nate Rob struggling to find a job has nothing to do with his personality. It has to do with him as a basketball player. He is not a building block for any team and he is not the type of player who will ever be in high demand. He is a replaceable player. He is def. talented and can score in bunches but given his limitations, no one is going to commit big money to him.

He will forever be a journeyman, but will always have a job. He is the type of guy you love filling your roster out, but teams wont make him a priority.

Xiao Yao You
07-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Utah fans, how was he post wrist injury? it was his nonshooting hand, correct?

He had his moments especially when Al was hurt. They could run with out Al and he was better in an up tempo game as was the rest of the team. He could start for the right team. I think in Utah he could with Hayward and Burks handling the ball more and Mo playing off the ball. The guy can shoot!

Charlie Sheen
07-13-2013, 11:55 AM
he avaeraged over 17 pts a game and had a couple of 40+ games his first season as a cav. He delivered during the reg season and choked in the playoffs. He also wasn't the best player Lebron played with.
In Cleveland? has to be z.

Chrono90
07-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Kobe won rings with Shaq and Pau while LeBron's best teammates in CLE is Mo Williams. Unbelievable how lucky Kobe is! :eek:

Lebron isn't lucky to be playing with prime Wade and prime Bosh? Three franchise players in one team? Not lucky ray allen hit that 3 in game 6? Please don't talk about Kobe like everything's all luck.

SilkkTheShocker
07-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Lebron isn't lucky to be playing with prime Wade and prime Bosh? Three franchise players in one team? Not lucky ray allen hit that 3 in game 6? Please don't talk about Kobe like everything's all luck.

Bosh averaged 12 points in the playoffs. Wade averaged 15 points.

STACKED!!!!

MastaKilla
07-13-2013, 01:19 PM
How are people making this about Lebron?

Mo was a starter before & after his cavs days.

This would be like attributing Lamar Odoms drop off to not playing with Kobe anymore. But of course if you did that, people would have a fit.

Mo was a 17 5 & 6 guy on good shooting before joining the cavs

Magic 32
07-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Bosh averaged 12 points in the playoffs. Wade averaged 15 points.

STACKED!!!!

Splitting stats.

Human Error
07-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Yes. According to them Mo Williams is a legitimate all-star and Daniel Gibson is a better shooter than any player that Kobe has ever played with.

SpecialQue
07-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Lebron sucks.

Magic 32
07-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Yes. According to them Mo Williams is a legitimate all-star and Daniel Gibson is a better shooter than any player that Kobe has ever played with.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2009/07/smush-parker-summer-league-200.jpg

jbryan1984
07-13-2013, 06:32 PM
That was four and five seasons ago dude. Mo has declined since 2009 (his best year by far). I mean, four to five seasons ago a lot of people wanted Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis starting for them too. Now look.

And as far as Nate goes, that really surprises me the way he played in the playoffs especially. He was playing at an all-star level in the playoffs.

secund2nun
07-13-2013, 07:16 PM
How are people making this about Lebron?

Mo was a starter before & after his cavs days.

This would be like attributing Lamar Odoms drop off to not playing with Kobe anymore. But of course if you did that, people would have a fit.

Mo was a 17 5 & 6 guy on good shooting before joining the cavs

Lamar was far superior than Mo ever was. Mo had one good shooting season before Lebron. That's it. Then when Lebron left literally the next season Mo's shooting % crashed.

Lebron had some pathetic supporting casts in Cleveland.

PickernRoller
07-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Lamar was far superior than Mo ever was. Mo had one good shooting season before Lebron. That's it. Then when Lebron left literally the next season Mo's shooting % crashed.

Lebron had some pathetic supporting casts in Cleveland.

So superior that Odom crashed harder when he left Kobe. :lol

Why do I bother really.

secund2nun
07-13-2013, 07:34 PM
So superior that Odom crashed harder when he left Kobe. :lol

Why do I bother really.

Kobe the shot jacker makes no one better you know that. Just look at how he failed to win a single playoff series in the 3 seasons he had without the best front court in the NBA and he was in his prime.

Odom crashed because he left LA, played for a new team in Dallas and was disinterested plus he aged. Also he is currently 33. He played his prime from age 25-31 in LA. Mo crashed while still in Cleveland literally months after Lebron left.

Also Mo was 27 when he crashed. Odom was 31.

Odom had a 17-8-5-2 season on the Clippers and had a 17-10-4 season on Miami before joining LA and this was before his prime years that he spent in LA. To compare Mo to Lamar is a joke. :roll:

PickernRoller
07-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Kobe the shot jacker makes no one better you know that. Just look at how he failed to win a single playoff series in the 3 seasons he had without the best front court in the NBA and he was in his prime.

Odom crashed because he left LA, played for a new team in Dallas and was disinterested plus he aged. Also he is currently 33. He played his prime from age 25-31 in LA. Mo crashed while still in Cleveland literally months after Lebron left.

Also Mo was 27 when he crashed. Odom was 31.

Odom had a 17-8-5-2 season on the Clippers and had a 17-10-4 season on Miami before joining LA and this was before his prime years that he spent in LA. To compare Mo to Lamar is a joke. :roll:

You're trying to bait me into a discussion that I am not even trying to have. Trolling 101, I passed the course. BTW don't tell me what I know or don't know. Keep your magic ball to yourself.

The initial premise was: When leaving the superstar teammate, who crashed harder? Odom did. So in short Kobe > Lebron. Aka you're moron. Irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant. But but.....Odom before Kobe....you should look at Williams stats before Lebron, not to shabby for his first 4 years.

inclinerator
07-13-2013, 07:48 PM
they are better than a ton of overpaid scrubs

secund2nun
07-13-2013, 07:53 PM
You're trying to bait me into a discussion that I am not even trying to have. Trolling 101, I passed the course. BTW don't tell me what I know or don't know. Keep your magic ball to yourself.

The initial premise was: When leaving the superstar teammate, who crashed harder? Odom did. So in short Kobe > Lebron. Aka you're moron.

No, you baited with your "This would be like attributing Lamar Odoms drop off to not playing with Kobe anymore. But of course if you did that, people would have a fit" statement.

I tell you the facts, but continue to stick your head in the sand. Btw you are the moron.

I displayed for you the facts and you got owned.

K Xerxes
07-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Took 3 pages to derail this into a redudant Kobe vs LeBron argument. Impressive.

PickernRoller
07-13-2013, 07:55 PM
No, you baited with your "This would be like attributing Lamar Odoms drop off to not playing with Kobe anymore. But of course if you did that, people would have a fit" statement.

I tell you the facts, but continue to stick your head in the sand. Btw you are the moron.

I displayed for you the facts and you got owned.

What facts? The facts are simple: Odom crashed harder than Mo when they left their respective superstar team mates. You owned my d1ck for a 10 second quickie......

Lol novice.

madmax
07-13-2013, 08:06 PM

LMAO...did these fools really claim that?:lol

secund2nun
07-13-2013, 08:08 PM
What facts? The facts are simple: Odom crashed harder than Mo when they left their respective superstar team mates. You owned my d1ck for a 10 second quickie......

Lol novice.

You are a fool if you are trying to pretend that Odom, a 17-10-4 big man before Kobe was somehow created by Kobe.

Bynum> any Lebron Cleveland teammate
Gasol> Any Lebron Cleveland teammate
Odom> Any Lebron Cleveland teammate

Magic 32
07-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Bynum> any Lebron Cleveland teammate

Not when he was injured, which he was in 08, 09 and 10.

Gasol> Any Lebron Cleveland teammate

Yes, and Kobe won two championship, while Lebron won 1 series against a good team in 4 playoff runs.

Odom> Any Lebron Cleveland teammate

Odom was awful as a second option. He could not be trusted in that role. Talented or not.

PickernRoller
07-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Let me get this straight. Are you second2nun trying to imply that Lebron created Mo Williams?

Just a heads up before you drill your @ss even harder:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2w57z4o.jpg

Before Cleveland:

Bucks: 17.2 PPG, 6.3 APG, 3.5 RPG on his career best: 48 FG%.

Why do I even bother....just ran out of lube.

Xiao Yao You
07-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Mo crashed? He's still god Odom is a joke!

PickernRoller
07-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Mo crashed? He's still god Odom is a joke!
Time Lebron stans left the thread: 3 minutes ago. :lol :roll:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rmtbme.jpg