PDA

View Full Version : Rival owners and GMs are PISSED about the Nets

SpecialQue
07-12-2013, 02:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets--deal-with-andrei-kirilenko-raises-suspicions-from-nba-rivals-180604173.html

[QUOTE]The signing of Russian free agent Andrei Kirilenko

Johnny Jones
07-12-2013, 02:42 PM
How are they salty? It's pretty obvious that AK was payed under the table.

Peteballa
07-12-2013, 02:44 PM
It's honestly a legitimate possibility.

rhythmic
07-12-2013, 02:44 PM

This.

KNOW1EDGE
07-12-2013, 02:45 PM

I mean, they are a little salty, but like you said, its fairly obvious that AK was paid under the table, and even if you don't think so, everyone else does, so the NBA should do its due diligence and look into it

IncarceratedBob
Honestly it is suspicious, russian billionaire with ties to military gangs and unsolved murders. He obviously thinks the rules dont apply to him. He's paying AK under the table, it's obvious

qrich

Pretty much.

If this is okay, but the Clippers-Celtics agreement wasn't, then it shows the hypocrisy of the league.

SpecialQue
I have zero doubt that some crooked shit is going on with the Nets. I love it though. This guy is ballsy as hell and actually has me turning into a Nets fan.

Levity
07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
i wonder if this will start a trend where owners will try to make under the table offers for players to sign for cheap

or maybe the nba will step in and really investigate whats going on, in order to please its owners and prevent this from being a common occurrence in the future.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 02:47 PM

Obvious how? This is all a result of the new CBA. A CBA that they signed off on! :oldlol: Chris Kaman was making 8 million last year took less money to sign with the Lakers. Ray Allen took less money last year to sign with the Heat and no one batted an eye lash. I'd like to even see the offers that these rival GM's made to Kirilenko.

SpecialQue
Pretty much.

If this is okay, but the Clippers-Celtics agreement wasn't, then it shows the hypocrisy of the league.

Bingo.

qrich
i wonder if this will start a trend where owners will try to make under the table offers for players to sign for cheap

or maybe the nba will step in and really investigate whats going on, in order to please its owners and prevent this from being a common occurrence in the future.

The first part has probably always happened, but none as obvious as this.

Didn't the Wolves lose like 4 firsts for a Joe Smith under the table deal?

qrich
07-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Obvious how? This is all a result of the new CBA. A CBA that they signed off on! :oldlol: Chris Kaman was making 8 million last year took less money to sign with the Lakers. Ray Allen took less money last year to sign with the Heat and no one batted an eye lash. I'd like to even see the offers that these rival GM's made to Kirilenko.

What other offers did Kaman receive? Or Ray Allen?

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
If anything, Mikhail Prokhorov is a 5 star stunner. A boss. A Russian mogul. This guy isn't afraid to pay $80 million of penalty tax. That's when you know that he's in a league of his own. :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Dan Gilbert is mad :lol

IncarceratedBob
07-12-2013, 02:51 PM
AK47 had a player option for 10 million this coming year.

He declined it and took 6 million for 2 years.

irondarts
07-12-2013, 02:51 PM
If it is somehow proven that AK got paid under the table, It will be very interesting to see how the Nets would be punished. I'd assume it would be pretty harsh. However, it probably won't ever get proven if it's true.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 02:52 PM

Ray Allen turned down more money with the Celtics and a no trade clause to sign with the Heat.

Kaman turned down more money to sign with the Lakers. He said so himself on twitter.

If anything Kirilenko overvalued himself and his a shitty agent. If this was the Spurs signing him for this much no one would make a peep.

Optimus Prime
In Soviet Russia AK47play for mini MLE no? :kobe:

SpecialQue
If it is somehow proven that AK got paid under the table, It will be very interesting to see how the Nets would be punished. I'd assume it would be pretty harsh. However, it probably won't ever get proven if it's true.

I'm pretty sure any money being exchanged in is Russia, where the NBA can't do shit.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 02:54 PM
AK47 had a player option for 10 million this coming year.

He declined it and took 6 million for 2 years.

Then either blame his agent or blame other teams for not making him offers.

SpurrDurr
07-12-2013, 02:55 PM
No shit, i'm pissed too as a Spur fan since he was in our radar.

Can't imagine how angry the rest of GMs and owners could be.

It's so ****ing clear that he's getting somehow the rest of the previous contract money under the table.

If NBA doesn't stop him now he's going to ruin the game.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 02:57 PM
No shit, i'm pissed too as a Spur fan since he was in our radar.

Can't imagine how angry the rest of GMs and owners could be.

It's so ****ing clear that he's getting somehow the rest of the previous contract money under the table.

If NBA doesn't stop him now he's going to ruin the game.

Do you have any idea what the Spurs were offering him? I know there was a failed sign and trade but I didn't get the details.

Johnny Jones
07-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Do you have any idea what the Spurs were offering him? I know there was a failed sign and trade but I didn't get the details.
Ak wanted around $8 million if I recall correctly.

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2013, 02:58 PM
7 million a year. The Wolves didn't want to help the Spurs nor AK out so they ended S&T talks.

qrich
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Ray Allen turned down more money with the Celtics and a no trade clause to sign with the Heat.

Kaman turned down more money to sign with the Lakers. He said so himself on twitter.

If anything Kirilenko overvalued himself and his a shitty agent. If this was the Spurs signing him for this much no one would make a peep.

And outside of those two teams, who else chased Ray? Clippers did until they decided Crawford was a better fit.

Did Kaman give up $7,000,000 to be a backup?

Sterling should've just went ahead and paid Paul in dinar while signing him to a 4 year minimum :rolleyes:

Mr Exlax
07-12-2013, 03:00 PM
What if AK-47 just really really wanted to win? LeBron and Dwade took less too right? We give players crap when they are about the money and now we give them crap when it's not about the money.

Johnny Jones
07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
What if AK-47 just really really wanted to win? LeBron and Dwade took less too right? We give players crap when they are about the money and now we give them crap when it's not about the money.
AK wanted around $8 million to play on the freakin Spurs. The same Spurs that made the finals this year.

I'm sorry but this is shady as fuvk.

madmax17
If anything, Mikhail Prokhorov is a 5 star stunner. A boss. A Russian mogul. This guy isn't afraid to pay $80 million of penalty tax. That's when you know that he's in a league of his own. :bowdown:Well if he isn't afraid of $80 mil in taxes then he isn't afraid of $94 mil either, so I doubt there is some foul play involved he could have payed $10 mil for Kirilenko if he wanted to and not give a shit about money&taxes.

PJR
This will definitely be thoroughly investigated. A blind man could tell you that.

But there is no way they will be able to prove such. Cash payments made back at the motherland to relatives. Untraceable. :pimp:

bagelred
07-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Salty as fvck! :oldlol:

You're kinda dumb.

Suuuuuuuure David Stern is gonna investigate...lol...just like the league investigated where all Prochorov's money came from. Sure.

If it was Lakers or Knicks, it would have already been denied.

Nets fan 93
07-12-2013, 03:04 PM
People never heard of taking less to join a contender? Ray Allen did it last year...I mean he expired. Didn't opt out. But the celtics offered him a nice contract.

D12"Magic"
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
So a guy who has made over $100 million in his career, decided to take a pay cut to play for a possible contender.

Kblaze8855
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Really wouldnt bother me if true.

The Warriors once offered Nate thurmond a liquor store as a signing bonus. I wouldnt mind going back to those days. Just to get a laugh at people outraged when Lebron signs to a rap label Buss founds for him at 20 million a season while he takes the minimum to join the lakers.

Burgz V2
07-12-2013, 03:06 PM
people keep saying "it's obvious" but why? Because they are both Russian? Give me a break. This is a journalist stirring the pot. A pot filled with salty GMs and sour owners.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 03:06 PM
And outside of those two teams, who else chased Ray? Clippers did until they decided Crawford was a better fit.

Did Kaman give up $7,000,000 to be a backup?

Sterling should've just went ahead and paid Paul in dinar while signing him to a 4 year minimum :rolleyes:

Guys give up money to play for championships all the time. Seems like the Spurs tried to work something out but the Timberwolves didn't want to comply.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--spurs--talks-for-andrei-kirilenko-end-without-deal-052544949.html

So he was looking for 8-9 million and took a 5-6 million dollar pay cut to win a possible championship. So where are all these teams clamouring to pay him his 8 million a year he was asking?

Nets fan 93
07-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Agreed. This is what I was thinking too.:cheers:
Congrats on getting Dwight Howard btw :)

qrich
07-12-2013, 03:07 PM
So he gave up $6 mil to play for a championship, but passed on a team that just made the finals and was a minute or so away from winning a championship?

3peated
07-12-2013, 03:08 PM
who cares, lol. scared money dont make money

boozehound
07-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Agreed. This is what I was thinking too.:cheers:
Congrats on getting Dwight Howard btw :)
wade took something like 500 k less. now, it may be that the market was not there for AK (I doubt it) or that he just really wanted to be in brooklyn. I would not be surprised if there are all sorts of sketchy russian endorsements (or other soft money) in line for him

Fiasco
07-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Pretty much.

Yup.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 03:11 PM
So he gave up $6 mil to play for a championship, but passed on a team that just made the finals and was a minute or so away from winning a championship?

You read the article I posted. By all accounts the Timberwolves didn't want to help the Spurs in a sign and trade. What options does he have left?

The JKidd Kid
07-12-2013, 03:11 PM

He didnt pass, the Wolves wouldnt sign and trade him and the Spurs could only offer him less than 2 mill. The Nets were the best combination of money, contention and friends.

You want him to accept a 6 mill contract to play for the Bobcats? :lol

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Well if he isn't afraid of $80 mil in taxes then he isn't afraid of $94 mil either, so I doubt there is some foul play involved he could have payed $10 mil for Kirilenko if he wanted to and not give a shit about money&taxes.
He can't legally give AK $10 million. The Nets only had the mini-MLE available which starts at $3.2 million. The uproar is because AK opted out of a $10 million 2013-2014 season with the Bulls and took a two year deal with the Nets worth nearly $7 million. That second year is a team option so I'm 90% positive that the Nets do not pick up the option in year two per an AK request so that AK can seek a multi-year deal elsewhere after winning a championship. According to his hopes, at least.

kamil
07-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't remember hearing this kind of backlash against the Miami Heat collusion.... :rolleyes:

buddha
07-12-2013, 03:15 PM
This looks like a job for the NSA. Put those tax dollars to good use and save the credibility of the association.

qrich
07-12-2013, 03:17 PM
You read the article I posted. By all accounts the Timberwolves didn't want to help the Spurs in a sign and trade. What options does he have left?

So if Paul signed for a 4 year MLE deal, it would have been just as fine "if" he had no other options :rolleyes:

ZeN
07-12-2013, 03:21 PM
So if Paul signed for a 4 year MLE deal, it would have been just as fine "if" he had no other options :rolleyes:
Are you comparing CP3 to AK47?

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 03:21 PM

I like how you completely choose to avoid arguing against the facts I've provided. People getting worked up over Andre freaking Kirilenko who's a passed him prime all star. Cry me a river build a bridge and get over it.

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Are you comparing CP3 to AK47?
Yeah, I didn't want to say anything but qrich's comparison was eons apart. no relevance to one another at all.

The JKidd Kid

You're grasping at straws here, my friend. :lol

hawkfan
This contract is gonna get stopped, otherwise everyone will do it.

Then AK47 can sign with the Hawks.

qrich
07-12-2013, 03:23 PM
I like how you completely choose to avoid arguing against the facts I've provided. People getting worked up over Andre freaking Kirilenko who's a passed him prime all star. Cry me a river build a bridge and get over it.

He could have signed with Dallas. Same with Atlanta. Or taken a similar deal with the Spurs. Stayed in Minny. Etc. Options did exist.

What is the difference between this under the table agreement and the one which the Clippers had with Boston?

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything but qrich's comparison was eons apart. no relevance to one another at all.

Hey, its ShadeyFan86 :bowdown:

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2013, 03:25 PM
This contract is gonna get stopped, otherwise everyone will do it.

Then AK47 can sign with the Hawks.
First of all I don't believe for one minute that anything fishy went on. AK didn't sign a multi-year deal locking him into this salary for the next three years. He basically signed a one year deal worth $3.2 million. Then he will opt out after this year and likely chase another multi-year deal. People are overreacting. But no, he won't join the Hawks.:lol

no pun intended
07-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Go Nets.

ILLsmak
07-12-2013, 03:27 PM
It's illegal, but if he was smart, he'd pay him after he retired.

-Smak

DuMa
07-12-2013, 03:31 PM
they can be pissed all they want but this is not the first time its happened and probably wont be the last. and unless they can prove so otherwise that he is getting paid under the table, theres really nothing more to talk about. its just their word against theirs.

The JKidd Kid
07-12-2013, 03:32 PM
He could have signed with Dallas. Same with Atlanta. Or taken a similar deal with the Spurs. Stayed in Minny. Etc. Options did exist.

What is the difference between this under the table agreement and the one which the Clippers had with Boston?

Atlanta and Dallas will both have trouble making the playoffs this season, so why would he sign with them? The Spurs were offering him less money to be a backup to the up and coming Kawhi Leonard. Minny was moving on with Kevin Martin. Considering that on the Nets he'll be the main backup for Pierce whos gonna play less than 30 minutes, and he gets to play with his good friend Deron, while signing an incredibly flexible contract for the amount that everyone else was offering him, the Nets just make the most sense under the table offer or not.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 03:39 PM

Atlanta and Dallas showed no interest and they aren't contenders. If he wanted to sign with Minny he wouldn't have opted out in the first place :facepalm Spurs didn't have the MMLE to offer. I mean would there be this much outrage if he signed with the Heat? He had a previous relationship with the owner and wants to play for a championship. Dwight Howard left 30 million on the table to goof around with his friends.

The difference between this and the under the table agreement with the Clippers and Boston is that there's no proof while the league found out about the Doc Rivers deal. Although I don't think that should have been vetoed either.

MTing
07-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Innocent until proven guilty. No one knows until the NBA finds evidence that Proky gave him a side deal.

The Iron Fist
07-12-2013, 03:45 PM
No one batted an eyelash when bosh, wade and James signed for less. Its amazing how quick Americans are to point fingers at everyone else while refusing to look at themselves.

veilside23
07-12-2013, 03:51 PM
prok is the 2nd richest owner of the nba ... even if there will be an investigation you think stern is fool enough to let him go just like that?

i doubt that there is something fishy about this. people do that just to get a ring. how much did Spurs gave to tmac? am sure there are teams that he could have gone to and get paid the right price. if you are a roleplayer and you want to win a ring its not rocketscience what you have to do to win a ring.. Hell not bashing just the perfect example the miami heat big 3 took a huge paycut just for them to win a ring... so why bother? if you cant beat them join them... sad that owners tend to just hope that their current team will win them all and not cost them alot.

i can remember a team that won a ring that didnt have to spend much...

Bajanmale
07-12-2013, 03:54 PM
How about investigating Kwame Brown for Paul Gasol trade!

RoundMoundOfReb
07-12-2013, 03:56 PM
im guessing prok promised ak a FO job after retirement. Doubt there is actually money being exchanged under the table .

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Your arguments are so flawed its laughable :oldlol:
First off don't compare Paul to ak, the former is the best pg in the nba and the latter is an over the hill sf who, at his best, was barley a allstar. Saying he could of signed with dallas or atl is stupid, they showed no interest, what makes you think he would get 8m a year from r them? He tried to go to san antonio, that was his first option, but minny ddint allow it. True, he could of stayed with minny and make 10m but he probably wanted a championship. Am I saying he's not getting money under the table? No, its a real possibility, but your argument SUCKS.

Bosnian Sajo
07-12-2013, 04:09 PM
And I bet if there is money under the table, prok will find a way to give it to him legally, be it after he retires in russia or get him a ridiculous endorsment deal.

(e)
07-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Miami got away with collusion. Nets will get away with paying a player under the table.

2LeTTeRS
07-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I know we all play detective nowadays, but the NBA can't punish him just because something seems suspicious. Evidence is needed, and I doubt any well ever surface.

R.I.P.
07-12-2013, 04:29 PM
It

AirFederer
07-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Maybe he just wanted to play for his old Russian pal? And on a contender too

Droid101
07-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Gary Payton, salary, 2002-2003, Supersonics: $12,600,000
Gary Payton, Salary, 2003-3004, Lakers: $4,900,000

Karl Malone, Salary, 2002-2003, Jazz: $19,250,000
Karl Malone, Salary, 2003-2004, Lakers: $1,500,000

But, nobody ever took a paycut to try to win a championship before. Nosiree.

D-Rose
07-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Gary Payton, salary, 2002-2003, Supersonics: $12,600,000
Gary Payton, Salary, 2003-3004, Lakers: $4,900,000

Karl Malone, Salary, 2002-2003, Jazz: $19,250,000
Karl Malone, Salary, 2003-2004, Lakers: $1,500,000

But, nobody ever took a paycut to try to win a championship before. Nosiree.
I see your point but this is a much more extreme case...He opted out of 10 mill, usually the assumption is that you look for more money when you do that. Not to mention he's not at that point in his career where GP and KM were.

monkeypox
07-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Stern created this problem by caving in to the owners on the CP3 trade. Now any time someone does something they don't like they'll all go crying to Stern to stop it.

Droid101
07-12-2013, 04:54 PM
I see your point but this is a much more extreme case...He opted out of 10 mill, usually the assumption is that you look for more money when you do that. Not to mention he's not at that point in his career where GP and KM were.
He opted out of $10 million. You do that for one of three reasons.

1) Get a deal worth more per year the next year.
2) Get a deal worth less per year, but for more years netting you more money in the long run. (See Richard Jefferson opting out of his huge deal with the Spurs only to re-sign with them for less per year, but for more years)
3) Signing with a contender.

So here's the dillyo. Apparently, he chose number three.

BUT BUT BUT THE NETS AREN'T HIS BEST CHANCE TO WIN!!!!

Maybe, maybe not. But they're clearly one of the favorites, they had the MMLE and not just the vet's minimum available, and a close friend of his (owner of the team he was on before he joined the NBA, guy who introduced him to his current wife) is the owner.

Seems like a no-brainer.

jzek
07-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Do ppl think the MIA trio didn't get paid under the table, too? Nike says 'Hi'

IncarceratedBob
07-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Nets aren't a contender, so taking less money to win doesn't really fit.

longtime lurker
07-12-2013, 05:01 PM
He opted out of $10 million. You do that for one of three reasons.

1) Get a deal worth more per year the next year.
2) Get a deal worth less per year, but for more years netting you more money in the long run. (See Richard Jefferson opting out of his huge deal with the Spurs only to re-sign with them for less per year, but for more years)
3) Signing with a contender.

So here's the dillyo. Apparently, he chose number three.

BUT BUT BUT THE NETS AREN'T HIS BEST CHANCE TO WIN!!!!

Maybe, maybe not. But they're clearly one of the favorites, they had the MMLE and not just the vet's minimum available, and a close friend of his (owner of the team he was on before he joined the NBA, guy who introduced him to his current wife) is the owner.

Seems like a no-brainer.

I like how people ignore the obvious connection to the owner. He's friends with the guy, NBA players are like the rest of us they like to hang out with friends, doesn't mean he was paid under the table. Dwight left 30 million guaranteed so he can goof off with Parsons.

04mzwach
07-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I have zero doubt that some crooked shit is going on with the Nets. I love it though. This guy is ballsy as hell and actually has me turning into a Nets fan.
You won't be too happy if he gets caught. You would likely lose years worth of draft picks and more.

PickernRoller
07-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Rival GM's are always hating and salty as f'ck.

I remember the CP3 trade and GM's boycotting it with press releases and shit like that.

Nothing new. F'ck you.

jzek
07-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I think that the Nets just made it TOO OBVIOUS that AK47 got paid via other means. I mean, come on, an athlete turning down 10 million? :oldlol: Oh, look, his team's owner is also Russian! :facepalm

Rubio2Gasol
07-12-2013, 05:04 PM
They think an investigation is going to do something? He's not going to give Kirilenko money and whatever Kirilenko gets he's not going to get it now.

R.I.P.
07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
They think an investigation is going to do something? He's not going to give Kirilenko money and whatever Kirilenko gets he's not going to get it now.

He

KyleKong
07-12-2013, 05:21 PM

This, this, andddddd this.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Is it really that hard to believe someone would take a paycut to play in a BIG market, w/ his former teammate, for a Russian owner, and a chance to win? :oldlol: Get real.

COnDEMnED
07-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Ray Allen was pretty aggressively pursued by the Boston front office, was he not? They wanted him to re-up didn't they? An argument between Ray and Rondo pushed him to Miami, I believe. I'm not sure on the specifics of how much money was offered from Boston though.

(e)
07-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Doubt they got paid under the table. But Wade flat out said all those FA were talking to each other about where to go, what their plans were, ect ect

That is flat out collusion and against NBA rules. Nothing came of it.

Don't see how this will play out any different.

MastaKilla
07-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Doubt they got paid under the table. But Wade flat out said all those FA were talking to each other about where to go, what their plans were, ect ect

A logical assumption on ISH? Sir please leave your type isn't welcome here..

LosBulls
07-12-2013, 05:46 PM
"one NBA owner told Yahoo! Sports." Aka Mark Cuban

TheReal Kendall
07-12-2013, 05:47 PM
He's not the first nor the last nba player to get paid under the table

KyrieTheFuture
07-12-2013, 05:47 PM
It's pretty ridiculously racist that the only reason you people think he's getting paid under the table is because they're russian

HiphopRelated
07-12-2013, 05:48 PM
minimum nullification of the deal and 2-3 1st rounders

HiphopRelated
07-12-2013, 05:50 PM

players talking isn't collusion and isn't against nba rules...it's players talking

ErhnamDjinn
07-12-2013, 05:51 PM
question would it be illegal if say the deal was the vet minimum then handshake on say after your NBA career I hire you as a adviser for one of my companies at 1mil a year for the next 20yrs

KyrieTheFuture
07-12-2013, 05:54 PM
question would it be illegal if say the deal was the vet minimum then handshake on say after your NBA career I hire you as a adviser for one of my companies at 1mil a year for the next 20yrs
I don't believe so because you're doing work for the team still under a different occupation

It's A VC3!!!
07-12-2013, 05:55 PM
What I knew has just been confirmed by Billy King.

"King's pitch to AK47 was come to compete for a title and then have a chance to get out on the market next year"

AK is going to stay with the Nets this season and hopefully win a championship with them. After that he is going to opt out and seek a larger deal for the remainder of his career.

flipogb
07-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Prok will owe AK a favor, that right there is worth a lot more than 7 million dollars and can't possibly be proven until Stern is long dead and AK has been retired for many years

kentatm
07-12-2013, 06:01 PM
It's pretty ridiculously racist that the only reason you people think he's getting paid under the table is because they're russian

:facepalm

Russians are not a race thus that line of thinking cannot be racist.

LosBulls
07-12-2013, 06:03 PM

Thats like saying its not racist to call a mexican a "beaner" or a "wetback" because mexican is not a race.

HEAT111
07-12-2013, 06:11 PM

He's getting American money, and some Russian bills under the table.

HEAT111
07-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Thats like saying its not racist to call a mexican a "beaner" or a "wetback" because mexican is not a race.

Exactly, they're beaners.

kentatm
07-12-2013, 06:12 PM

:biggums:

Uhh... No. Not even close. All Mexicans aren't brown skinned decedents of native americans/spaniards and those are the people that get called those types of names. There are many caucasian, Asian, and African Mexicans who would never get called those names.

Funnyfuka
07-12-2013, 06:14 PM
moron.

Nets aint going to win shit anyway. And it s not like AK is a great, not even good player either.

Burgz V2
07-12-2013, 06:17 PM
reading this thread, I realize how ridiculously stupid most of the people on ISH are.

KyrieTheFuture
07-12-2013, 06:28 PM

Fine xenophobic is that better? Instead of arguing semantics stick to the ****ing topic

noob cake
07-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Prok had the guts to run against Putin in 2012.

He doesn't give one **** about David Stern. If he wants to pay AK47 under the table, that is what he will do.

Derka
07-12-2013, 06:58 PM
No question about it that some seriously shady stuff is going on with this one.

Euroleague
07-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Prokohorov has been linked to Russian mafia for many years. Why in the freaking hell would the NBA be surprised by any of this?

The team he owned in Russia, CSKA Moscow, was reprimanded more than once for bribing league officials and refs.

Euroleague
07-12-2013, 07:39 PM
people keep saying "it's obvious" but why? Because they are both Russian? Give me a break. This is a journalist stirring the pot. A pot filled with salty GMs and sour owners.

Wow you are really naive. Prokhorov's team in Russia was busted more than once for bribing league officials and paying off refs.

He was even paying for refs to have prostitutes ready for them when they came to Moscow, and flying them around on his private jet to party.

There is a saying in European basketball about Prokhorov and his team CSKA Moscow, it goes like this, "they bring the suitcases of money with them to every game."

He would give Kirilenko money under the table and not even think twice about it for a split second.

I seriously doubt the NBA gives a damn about it either. They accepted this guy as an owner, despite that he has been linked to Russian mafia. So the NBA clearly does not care. Or at least Stern sure the hell does not care.

The other owners getting pissed might force his hand though.

But the Rockets owner has been doing this same kind of thing for years. For years the owner of the Rockets has been paying players extra money though companies he owns in China. Why have the other NBA owners not complained about that?

Euroleague
07-12-2013, 07:47 PM
:biggums:

Uhh... No. Not even close. All Mexicans aren't brown skinned decedents of native americans/spaniards and those are the people that get called those types of names. There are many caucasian, Asian, and African Mexicans who would never get called those names.

Stop doing drugs.

Doranku
07-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Wow you are really naive. Prokhorov's team in Russia was busted more than once for bribing league officials and paying off refs.

He was even paying for refs to have prostitutes ready for them when they came to Moscow, and flying them around on his private jet to party.

There is a saying in European basketball about Prokhorov and his team CSKA Moscow, it goes like this, "they bring the suitcases of money with them to every game."

He would give Kirilenko money under the table and not even think twice about it for a split second.

I seriously doubt the NBA gives a damn about it either. They accepted this guy as an owner, despite that he has been linked to Russian mafia. So the NBA clearly does not care. Or at least Stern sure the hell does not care.

The other owners getting pissed might force his hand though.

But the Rockets owner has been doing this same kind of thing for years. For years the owner of the Rockets has been paying players extra money though companies he owns in China. Why have the other NBA owners not complained about that?

Is this actually true?

Maybe that's why it was so easy for Dwight to leave $30 million on the table to join the Rockets..

ElPigto
07-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Is this actually true?

Maybe that's why it was so easy for Dwight to leave $30 million on the table to join the Rockets..

No of course it isn't true. Nothing this idiot ever says is true. Who exactly has he paid under the table? Feel free to look at our past rosters, I'll feel shocked if you find someone.

Euroleague
07-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Is this actually true?

It's absolutely true. The owner of the Rockets owns companies in China, and what he does is he signs players to the Rockets for lower amounts than they ask for or than what other teams offer........

then he turns around and gives those players contracts with his companies in China. It's not permitted under NBA rules to do that with American companies, but you can with Chinese companies.

And the Rockets have been doing that shit for years with their players.

Which makes it funny that the rest of the NBA owners don't even seem to be aware of that. You better believe the players and agents around the NBA sure know it.

Stern has never done one thing about the Rockets giving extra money through China, so I don't see why he would start saying you can't do the same thing through Russia.

HorryIsMyMVP
07-12-2013, 08:04 PM
No of course it isn't true. Nothing this idiot ever says is true. Who exactly has he paid under the table? Feel free to look at our past rosters, I'll feel shocked if you find someone.
How would you know by looking at the rosters who secretly got paid more money under the table?

Euroleague
07-12-2013, 08:05 PM

It is true you POS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANTA_Sports

Now go **** yourself.

Euroleague
07-12-2013, 08:11 PM

Exactly. Nike basically controls the NBA anyway. People that can't figure that out are retarded. Nike, Adidas, Gatorade, owners of ESPN and TNT - companies like this are running the NBA and have been for years.

Numerous players obviously get huge money from this, as does the NBA. The NBA is a marketing entertainment product, run by the companies that are the biggest endorsers and promoters of it.

Anyone thinking LeBron did not get enormous money from Nike to play in Miami is just stupid. It's really no different than Kirilenko getting money from wherever from Prokhorov. It's just that Nike would be giving way more money and has way more influence on the NBA.

SyRyanYang
07-12-2013, 08:31 PM
So tell me guys, how much money are the Heat paying Lebron under the table?

wang4three
07-12-2013, 08:33 PM
If y'all going to act like the rest of the NBA isn't doing back ended deals and other shady shit, you're bluffing yourself. In the end of the day, it's about what you can get away with. Look at any NBA champion team.. there was always a humongous gray area on how they were assembled or how they won their title.

No championship team's hands are 100% clean. At times it's just about what you can get away with. It's the same for college basketball now too.

flipogb
07-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Stern isn't gonna touch this, now now when hes about to retire

poido123
07-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Let's say that AK was not paid under the table. Is it possible he just took less money to be on a championship contender? Something that is already happening in the league and is perfectly legal?

It might be fishy, but we kind of asked for this situation, once this superteam BS started happening.

lakerfreak
07-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Another repeat of owners and GM's being sore losers after a great deal for one team goes down. If anything, the other GM's should be upset at themselves for not being smart enough to read through loop holes in the new agreement, and the owners should be ashamed of themselves for going cheap and not wanting to take any risks.

What the nets did was just a great rebuild, and people are mad because that team has a good 3 year window of winning championships. Don't whine about it, do your damn job and obtain a "win now" mentality.

DaSeba5
07-12-2013, 09:14 PM
So tell me guys, how much money are the Heat paying Lebron under the table?

LeBron makes his money off endorsements plus there's no state income tax in Florida. He took less money so they could have a big 3 and solid role players. He makes up for it in the things that I mentioned. He's one of the richest athletes in the world for a reason.

poido123
07-12-2013, 09:32 PM
LeBron makes his money off endorsements plus there's no state income tax in Florida. He took less money so they could have a big 3 and solid role players. He makes up for it in the things that I mentioned. He's one of the richest athletes in the world for a reason.

I have no problem with that, but I think Ive seen a few salty Heat fans complaining since AK47 signed with the Nets. LIke isnt that how you guys formed a superteam? By taking less money to be on a contender? :wtf:

Euroleague
07-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Let's say that AK was not paid under the table. Is it possible he just took less money to be on a championship contender? Something that is already happening in the league and is perfectly legal?

It might be fishy, but we kind of asked for this situation, once this superteam BS started happening.

This guy has never once prior in his career taken less money anywhere. He's always been a guy that played for the most money his whole career.

HorryIsMyMVP
07-12-2013, 09:36 PM
What the Heat did during free agency is unethical and cheating. Heat fans are MAD.

Nets fan 93
07-12-2013, 09:36 PM
This guy has never once prior in his career taken less money anywhere. He's always been a guy that played for the most money his whole career.
Maybe he has gotten enough money and is ready to play for a team thats destined to be one of the best teams in the nba this year? He'll still get a lot of minutes with kg and pierce both being old

DaSeba5
07-12-2013, 09:40 PM
I have no problem with that, but I think Ive seen a few salty Heat fans complaining since AK47 signed with the Nets. LIke isnt that how you guys formed a superteam? By taking less money to be on a contender? :wtf:

The goal was to get Wade back more than anything. They even named the the county "Miami-Wade County" to help get him back. It wasn't written in stone that he was coming back.

Miami got Bosh to come here, so Wade resigned. They didn't know what LeBron was going to do until the Decision. Everyone thinks they all had it planned out 3 years ago.... not true. Riley had to convince Wade to stay, and Bosh/LeBron to come here. The picture of Bosh and Wade with the empty seat was to convince LeBron to come here, they did not know what LeBron would do.

Either way, they all resigned for less money to form a super team. However, they don't lose as much as you think because there is no state income tax in FL.

HorryIsMyMVP
07-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Well he was a free agent. Who was offering more that he turned down?

ralph_i_el
07-12-2013, 09:45 PM
The goal was to get Wade back more than anything. They even named the the county "Miami-Wade County" to help get him back. It wasn't written in stone that he was coming back.

Miami got Bosh to come here, so Wade resigned. They didn't know what LeBron was going to do until the Decision. Everyone thinks they all had it planned out 3 years ago.... not true. Riley had to convince Wade to stay, and Bosh/LeBron to come here. The picture of Bosh and Wade with the empty seat was to convince LeBron to come here, they did not know what LeBron would do.

Either way, they all resigned for less money to form a super team. However, they don't lose as much as you think because there is no state income tax in FL.

The big 3 planned to play together somewhere if it wasnt miami

RRR3
07-12-2013, 09:45 PM

I agree. Damn that coward Wilt for joining up with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor :facepalm

DaSeba5
07-12-2013, 09:46 PM
The big 3 planned to play together somewhere if it wasnt miami

They only talked about it. They didn't plan on it happening or they would have quickly formed the team with no drama whatsoever. Wade legitimately could have left Miami when he went to interview with other teams. They did not know if LeBron would come here; Riley had to convince him. LeBron wouldn't have interviewed with several teams and make a Decision if he knew where he was going from the start.

poido123
07-12-2013, 09:59 PM

I agree that they didnt plan 3 years out to join up. And I agree with your explanation of how they came about getting together.

All Im sayin is, no Heat fan can be upset with what the Nets are doing out there. They are building a superteam within the rules, but now we see what happenes when superteams get out of hand. We are seeing a Russian owner being questioned for something shady happening. Who knows the lengths GM's will go to build championship teams.

RRR3
07-12-2013, 10:01 PM
So you're saying if we're not a Heat fan we can be upset?

Got it. So I can be upset, considering I only cheer for the Heat because of LBJ (and to a lesser extent Chalmers) which makes me not a real Heat fan :D

I could care less what the Nets do, LeBron has done enough know for me to be relatively satisfied with his career regardless of if he wins again (although I'd like him to ofc).

DaSeba5
07-12-2013, 10:02 PM
I agree that they didnt plan 3 years out to join up. And I agree with your explanation of how they came about getting together.

All Im sayin is, no Heat fan can be upset with what the Nets are doing out there. They are building a superteam within the rules, but now we see what happenes when superteams get out of hand. We are seeing a Russian owner being questioned for something shady happening. Who knows the lengths GM's will go to build championship teams.

If it's money under the table, then it's not following the rules. The Heat followed the rules. Either than that, I have no problem with what the Nets are doing. Just because a couple of Heat fans have a problem with it, doesn't mean we all do.

Graviton
07-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Too bad Prokorov is a russian billionaire with underground ties and actual power, compared to him every other owner and Stern himself is small fry, ain't shit they can do or even prove. This ain't that dumbass Timberwolves owner and Kevin Mchale that got caught. :oldlol:

poido123
07-12-2013, 10:20 PM
If it's money under the table, then it's not following the rules. The Heat followed the rules. Either than that, I have no problem with what the Nets are doing. Just because a couple of Heat fans have a problem with it, doesn't mean we all do.

Until it is found to be shady, we have to assume that it is fair. Same goes for the big 3 at Miami. Alot of people questioned whether the big 3 forming was done within the rules too (which I believe it was).

Derka
07-12-2013, 10:20 PM

This isn't just "he took less to win a title"

He intentionally opted out of $7 million. That's screwing with the same market other guys are depending on to get the money they deserve. The Player's Union must be going batshit.

poido123
07-12-2013, 10:22 PM

He intentionally opted out of $7 million. That's screwing with the same market other guys are depending on to get the money they deserve. The Player's Union must be going batshit.

Is it not within the rights of a player to accept whatever he wants in a deal?

Barring any under the table stuff, there is nothing wrong with it.

RRR3
07-12-2013, 10:24 PM
People question LeBron if he sneezes, silly comparison. I could care less if Prokhorov is paying him under the table tho tbh.

Derka
07-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Is it not within the rights of a player to accept whatever he wants in a deal?

Barring any under the table stuff, there is nothing wrong with it.

No I agree that on the surface it's perfectly legit. But someone's gonna look into this and I'm interested to see what comes of it.

poido123
07-12-2013, 10:31 PM
No I agree that on the surface it's perfectly legit. But someone's gonna look into this and I'm interested to see what comes of it.

And Id be happy to see them severely punished for it, if something shady was going on. As I would any other team.

I think GM's might be just immediately suspicious of it, because of the russian connection and AK taking way less money.

To tell yo the truth, Im 50/50 whether it is shady or not.

I<3NBA
07-12-2013, 10:38 PM
whoever thinks this is getting stopped is deluding themselves. how are they gonna prove it? how are they even gonna investigate it?

Qwyjibo
07-12-2013, 10:46 PM
I wish the Raptors were owned by someone like this.

SpecialQue
07-13-2013, 12:10 AM
You're kinda dumb.

You post corny ass jokes and "BREAKING" bullshit every day and I'M the dumb one? Eat a bag of hot *****.

The Choken One
07-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Look at all you ***** ass kids crying and saying a deal was done under the table.

Have any proof? No?

Then stfu and don't cry. Not a Nets fan, but this thread is just downright ridiculous.

OhNoTimNoSho
07-13-2013, 12:22 AM
He most definitely made a deal and they're not gonna prove shit. This is Russian style. No ones going to Kirilenko's house in Russia to investigate shit. He probably got paid in caviar and vodka.

poido123
07-13-2013, 12:32 AM
I wish the Raptors were owned by someone like this.

I'm optimisitic for you guys, gaining Ujiri as a GM will do your club wonders as seen with the Bargnani trade.

I can see him slowly acquiring assets and offloading overpaid players in the process. Give him about 2 or 3 years and you will start to see a much better positioned Raptors team.

mugiwara
07-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Oh russia, who wouldn't want to play with this team? especially when your best played basketball was with the same point guard.

Phenith
07-13-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm sure that AK47 playing for the Nets has all kinds of promotional value back in Russia... it may be shady, but he could have major sponsorship money in Russia lined up if he plays for the Nets. AND he gets to have a solid shot at a championship.

It's no different than Adidas saying they will pay a player more if he plays in a certain city. The Russian sponsors are probably pushing AK to sign with the Nets the same way US sponsors push players towards certain teams.

Phenith
07-13-2013, 12:48 AM

Wait, so the implication is that he is getting some on the side so he took less out of an NBA teams cap is bad for other players looking to sign? Wouldn't that make more money available to other player(s)?

I figure it's more likely that he wanted to play for the Nets and since it was a good situation to win a championship and get who knows how much in Russian sponsorship money, he figures it's as good as it gets.

AKADS
07-13-2013, 03:31 AM
I love Mikhail Prokhorov. I got to cook for him 2 years in a row at a hi end Heli SKi lodge in Canada. He tipped me awesome and gave me Crystal and High End bottles of scotch.

I was in the roo, when he finalized the deal for Deron they popped a bottle of Crystal at breakfast. It was pretty awesome.

Kiddlovesnets
07-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Haters are gonna hate, but wont change a thing. The Nets are signing AK47 and its official, just deal with it.
:roll:

Spaulding
07-13-2013, 02:45 PM
I love Mikhail Prokhorov. I got to cook for him 2 years in a row at a hi end Heli SKi lodge in Canada. He tipped me awesome and gave me Crystal and High End bottles of scotch.

I was in the roo, when he finalized the deal for Deron they popped a bottle of Crystal at breakfast. It was pretty awesome.

Nice, pretty cool man.

Take Your Lumps
07-13-2013, 03:45 PM

Didn't Ray Allen leave a few million on the table when he signed with Miami?

As did Mike Miller. And Battier.

:confusedshrug:

SpecialQue
07-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Didn't Ray Allen leave a few million on the table when he signed with Miami?

As did Mike Miller. And Battier.

:confusedshrug:

The Nets lost in the first round against the Bulls' bench. They added two senior citizens for their big move. Meanwhile, the Heat have two star players in their prime and already made it to the finals and won.

I'm saying there's a slight difference between those two scenarios.

It's A VC3!!!
07-13-2013, 04:01 PM
The Nets lost in the first round against the Bulls' bench. They added two senior citizens for their big move. Meanwhile, the Heat have two star players in their prime and already made it to the finals and won.

They also completely revamped their bench. And those two "senior citizens" are two lock-in HoF caliber players that put up some of the best stats for their respective positions last season. They are not done by any measures. You add in those two to what the Nets already have and you have a team to be reckoned with. And Wade is nearly done. Bosh sucks. So you have LeBron and a broken knee Wade vs. the Nets.

francesco totti
07-13-2013, 04:02 PM
even if rules broken, nets are paying the league welll to escape suspension

comerb
07-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Pierce averaged 18/6/5 on 33.5 minutes and Garnett is still one of the premiere defensive anchors in the league. They're both amongst the most productive players at their positions in the league, and an extra year or two won't change that (and obviously they are trying to win now, not 5 years from now)

On top of that, they have a deep bench and won't even need to play either of them big minutes until the playoffs.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Inferno
07-13-2013, 04:45 PM

How much did he tip?

LakersFan626
07-13-2013, 05:52 PM

This, especially when basketball players on that level know they're set for life financially.

Lopez, Williams, Pierce, KG, Terry, Johnson, Kirilenko... that makes the Heat's big three (or big 4 if you count Allen) look like an average team almost. Not sure if it will result in a championship as most of these guys are older and Joe Johnson doesn't play well in the playoffs, but Lopez/Garnett is a good way to match up with the Heat as their weakness is in the interior, which is now the Nets' strength, as they have an offensive big and a two-way big who knows how to win.

Sharmer
07-14-2013, 01:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets--deal-with-andrei-kirilenko-raises-suspicions-from-nba-rivals-180604173.html

Salty as fvck! :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2013, 03:23 AM
This, especially when basketball players on that level know they're set for life financially.

Lopez, Williams, Pierce, KG, Terry, Johnson, Kirilenko... that makes the Heat's big three (or big 4 if you count Allen) look like an average team almost. Not sure if it will result in a championship as most of these guys are older and Joe Johnson doesn't play well in the playoffs, but Lopez/Garnett is a good way to match up with the Heat as their weakness is in the interior, which is now the Nets' strength, as they have an offensive big and a two-way big who knows how to win.

Though I am a nets fan but I'd hardly say our rosters make the heat's look like an average team, instead they are still the team to beat in Eastern Conference. Sure it will be completely different if KG and PP are in prime, but then no way would the Celtics have traded them in the very first place.

HomieWeMajor
12-06-2013, 04:48 PM
They also completely revamped their bench. And those two "senior citizens" are two lock-in HoF caliber players that put up some of the best stats for their respective positions last season. They are not done by any measures. You add in those two to what the Nets already have and you have a team to be reckoned with. And Wade is nearly done. Bosh sucks. So you have LeBron and a broken knee Wade vs. the Nets.

Haters are gonna hate, but wont change a thing. The Nets are signing AK47 and its official, just deal with it.
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/871139496918601319303732.gif

CelticBaller
12-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Danny Ainge must be loving the Nets

Rik Smits' Hair
12-06-2013, 05:34 PM
These bumps are just epic.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1191763/laughing-puppets-o.gif

jimmy77x
12-06-2013, 05:39 PM
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/871139496918601319303732.gif

@Kiddlovesnets
http://boards.420chan.org/vg/src/1384564053540.gif

imnew09
12-06-2013, 06:59 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

:roll: :roll: