PDA

View Full Version : Kirilenko to his agent "That difference will not change my lifestyle"

Human Error
07-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Andrei Kirilenko to his agent on his decision: "I've made well over $100 million over my career so that difference($10 million vs $3 million) will not change my lifestyle, so let me have a better chance to win."

GreatHILL
07-14-2013, 10:13 AM
better chance to win :oldlol:

EnoughSaid
07-14-2013, 10:33 AM
My comrades from Russia manipulating the NBA. :bowdown: Proud to be born in Moscow hahaha.

I<3NBA
07-14-2013, 11:00 AM
if he wanted a better chance to win, he would've went to Miami and taken whatever pittance they offered.

Haymaker
07-14-2013, 11:03 AM
if he wanted a better chance to win, he would've went to Miami and taken whatever pittance they offered.

Someone's scared.

It's A VC3!!!
07-14-2013, 11:03 AM
After AK wins a championship with the Nets he will be as happy as ever.:cheers:

Funnyfuka
07-14-2013, 11:16 AM
except they wont win shit anytime soon, and probably never.

I<3NBA
07-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Someone's scared.
lol

SpurrDurr
07-14-2013, 11:43 AM
From Russia with love

chazzy
07-14-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't get the huge uproar. He's taking less money on a one year deal to play with a potential contender, his former PG, and former owner.. rather than stay in Minnesota. People have taken less money to play for better teams in the past.

longtime lurker
07-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't get the huge uproar. He's taking less money on a one year deal to play with a potential contender, his former PG, and former owner.. rather than stay in Minnesota. People have taken less money to play for better teams in the past.

Because he's playing for the Nets. If he had gone to OKC, Spurs or Miami there wouldn't be this uproar because...... well honestly all these people bitching makes no damn sense.

IncarceratedBob
07-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Nets aren't a contender

francesco totti
07-14-2013, 01:24 PM
He could have gone to the spurs , if it was about championship

SpurrDurr
07-14-2013, 01:29 PM

SAS could have offered him up to 8m. None belives this pile of crap.

The Choken One
07-14-2013, 01:31 PM
My comrades from Russia manipulating the NBA. :bowdown: Proud to be born in Moscow hahaha.
lol'd at "06".

You couldn't name 2 others starters on that team without using Google.

:roll:

Brook(lyn)Lopez
07-14-2013, 01:31 PM

No he couldn't have gone to the Spurs because they could only get him through a sign and trade, which The Wolves weren't willing to budge on.
Also funny how people consider the Spurs contenders, and the Nets not because of age, when the Spurs have plenty of older players and the Nets play in the easier conference.

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2013, 01:33 PM
So many butthurt posters in this thread, just by looking at their mad and sad face makes me smile like the happiest man in the world.

SpurrDurr
07-14-2013, 01:35 PM
No he couldn't have gone to the Spurs because they could only get him through a sign and trade, which The Wolves weren't willing to budge on.
Also funny how people consider the Spurs contenders, and the Nets not because of age, when the Spurs have plenty of older players and the Nets play in the easier conference.

Spurs threw away the title but reached the finals, Nets lost against Bulls bench.

This year Nets are really competitve, but putting them in the same level as OKC, SAS and Bulls is way too premature.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-14-2013, 02:01 PM
So many butthurt posters in this thread, just by looking at their mad and sad face makes me smile like the happiest man in the world.
sick life :applause:

KyrieTheFuture
07-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Do people forget the spurs only reached the finals because Westbrook got injured?

IncarceratedBob
07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Do people forget the spurs only reached the finals because Westbrook got injured?
Do people forget that Brooklyn has no chance of beating Miami?

chosen_one6
07-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Spurs threw away the title but reached the finals, Nets lost against Bulls bench.

This year Nets are really competitve, but putting them in the same level as OKC, SAS and Bulls is way too premature.

:roll: butt hurt much?

KyrieTheFuture
07-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Do people forget that Brooklyn has no chance of beating Miami?
The man had no ability to go to the spurs. Him going to the nets was his only pseudo contender option. I just don't understand why people in here think SAS will be any better off this year

wakencdukest
07-14-2013, 02:37 PM

There should be no uproar. He took a pay cut to play for a contender. everyone is speculating that he's taking money under the table, but no one has any proof at all. Nothing to see here.

R.I.P.
07-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Andrei Kirilenko to his agent on his decision: "I've made well over $100 million over my career so that difference($10 million vs $3 million) will not change my lifestyle, so let me have a better chance to win."

Guess a lot has changed financially in the last 12 months, because that

Horatio33
07-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Bulls beat Nets without Rose, Deng missed games and Noah was limited, then the Nets get two old players off a team that was a first round knockout, and a player from the Wolves who hasn't played a relevant NBA game since the 2007 WCF which the Spurs won in 5. The Nets might get to the second round and get eliminated by Heat/Pacers/Bulls and will have a Knicks like existence with poor front office decisions and aging players.

ProfessorMurder
07-14-2013, 02:50 PM
SAS could have offered him up to 8m. None belives this pile of crap.

Except they didn't offer that to him as far as we know.

Kiddlovesnets
07-14-2013, 03:02 PM
sick life :applause:

:rolleyes:

longtime lurker
07-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Except they didn't offer that to him as far as we know.

Oh they definitely did, but Timberwolves wouldn't facilitate a sign and trade so it's a moot point.

ProfessorMurder
07-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Oh they definitely did, but Timberwolves wouldn't facilitate a sign and trade so it's a moot point.

Well then it was an impossibility and he didn't turn down that money.

tmacattack33
07-14-2013, 03:09 PM
This sh*t is stupid. Many players have accepted less money to play for contenders before. And the nets owner is ridiculosy rich, but so is every other owner.

DJ Leon Smith
07-14-2013, 03:27 PM

Not everyone wants the purely obvious easiest path to a ring. Not every player signs with a team with the intention of saying to the media "it's going to be easy" immediately afterwards. Some players still like the feeling of actual competition.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-14-2013, 11:36 PM
This is people being suspicious of humans for no other reason than just Russian stereotypes.

Did anyone accuse Ray Allen or Pat Riley for doing something shady when Ray Allen turned down twice the money?

DCL
07-14-2013, 11:42 PM
if you're russian, you should be insulted because all americans think your people are lying scum bastards. no proof needed. just speculation but that's enough to hate you :oldlol:

niko
07-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Everyone said the Nets are paying him under the table. Right after that he does a series of articles explaining how he is not motivated by money. And people believe them. SURE.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-15-2013, 01:28 AM
it's true and props to him for acknowledging that. I think even LeBron said essentially the same thing right before he went to Miami. Something along the lines of like when you're making $100m, $20m extra doesn't make that much of a difference.

Kiddlovesnets
07-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Haters are gonna hate, wont change a thing though lol.
:lol

bdreason
07-15-2013, 04:28 AM
Couple years ago this guy signed a big money deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Now all of a sudden the money doesn't matter, only winning?

I don't care who you are, or how much money you have, nobody walks away from $7 million without at least securing a multi-year deal. If he had signed like a 3y 10mil deal w/ player options MAYBE I would have believed it was legit.

niko
07-15-2013, 07:28 AM
Haters are gonna hate, wont change a thing though lol.
:lol
Why do you care? He didnt sign with the Spurs. Did you bandwagon jump to the Nets?

GOBB
07-15-2013, 05:24 PM

I said that before this was even posted. ISHiots swear its some under the table deal. :rolleyes:

GOBB
07-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Couple years ago this guy signed a big money deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Now all of a sudden the money doesn't matter, only winning?

I don't care who you are, or how much money you have, nobody walks away from $7 million without at least securing a multi-year deal. If he had signed like a 3y 10mil deal w/ player options MAYBE I would have believed it was legit.

Nobody? The guy ROBBED NBA FRANCHISES. In a world where fans are quick to bash players for how much they make, what teams are dumb to overpay. AK47 seemingly on this board has dodged those bullets. People bash Bosh for his contract yet this guy was making franchise player money and was nothing more than a glorified role player.

He signed a 2yr $20mil deal with a player option. He made under $10mil year one, opted out year 2 to play for a team that is pretty good on "paper". He's 32, rather win then play for pretending and get paid.

He's made over $100mil. How is it hard to believe he leaves $7mil on the table to play for a better situation when two seasons ago he was making $17mil? I bet you never bashed the man making that much f*cking money. Be honest. I surely didnt. Hardly talked about the dude. The money he left he made it back being overpaid for years. Come on. Wake up and smell the coffee.