PDA

View Full Version : Garnett+Pierce+Kirilenko

Miss Bella
07-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Let's go home!:bowdown:

Great rim protection with Kevin and Brook plus Andrei Kirilenko. Paul Pierce and Johnson are also great scorers and Deron Williams will run the show. Oh wow I am getting wet.

Mikhail I love you!

IncarceratedBob
07-14-2013, 04:24 PM
The question is will the NBA let the Nets use wheelchairs ON the court or only on the bench/locker room?

Miss Bella
07-14-2013, 04:25 PM
The question is will the NBA let the Nets use wheelchairs ON the court or only on the bench/locker room?

They may be old but this team is built to win now. And so they will!

It's A VC3!!!
07-14-2013, 04:30 PM
While we don't need a new thread about the Nets ever day, we added a boat load of defensive prowess to our team.

My ideal lineup would be Deron, Joe, AK, KG and Brook. This lineup would be the number one defense and rebounding team in the NBA and defense wins championships. It would also give Paul ample rest on his older body.

Have Shaun, Terry, Paul, Evans and Blatche come off the bench.

Shade8780
07-14-2013, 04:30 PM
You are the most obvious troll I've ever seen.

salwan
07-14-2013, 04:34 PM

gotta admit, I loled a bit :lol

Real Men Wear Green
07-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Drag JB Lady.

Xiao Yao You
07-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Lots of good willing passers.

Miss Bella
07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
While we don't need a new thread about the Nets ever day, we added a boat load of defensive prowess to our team.

My ideal lineup would be Deron, Joe, AK, KG and Brook. This lineup would be the number one defense and rebounding team in the NBA and defense wins championships. It would also give Paul ample rest on his older body.

This is good Paul and Terry can carry the scoring load for the second unit and Blatche is also a decent offensive player.

O_City_Thunder
07-14-2013, 05:45 PM

Great rim protection with Kevin and Brook plus Andrei Kirilenko. Paul Pierce and Johnson are also great scorers and Deron Williams will run the show. Oh wow I am getting wet.

Mikhail I love you!
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1492581/andrehead.png

Clifton
07-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Shaun, Terry, Paul, Evans and Blatche come off the bench.
That's a hell of a second unit, too. I could see it getting a playoff spot in the East.

Funnyfuka
07-14-2013, 06:45 PM

No. They re not going anywhere. They wont even have the time to gel as they re too old and will have a serie of career ending injuries one after another before any team chemistry is even achieved.

The JKidd Kid
07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
No. They re not going anywhere. They wont even have the time to gel as they re too old and will have a serie of career ending injuries one after another before any team chemistry is even achieved.

Non-Stop hating on the Nets since the trade. You need a hobby my friend. :lol

Funnyfuka
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Non-Stop hating on the Nets since the trade. You need a hobby my friend. :lol
non stop dick sucking since the trade, you need a hobby my friend.

StocktonFan
07-14-2013, 06:54 PM

Said the 04 lakers

The JKidd Kid
07-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Real clever and mature comeback. How old are you, 12? :facepalm

Droid101
07-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Said the 04 lakers
Uh... that team made the NBA finals and might have won if Horace Grant wasn't out and Karl Malone wasn't playing on one leg.

kamil
07-14-2013, 08:06 PM
As long as Miami loses, I don't care who wins. Well, preferably Bulls win, but you can't win em all. :)

bluechox2
07-14-2013, 08:11 PM

Mikhail I love you!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jMQIjvJtIWo

It's A VC3!!!
07-14-2013, 08:14 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jMQIjvJtIWo
Wait, what? Why did you post something that happened three years ago to try to prove a point? This is now deemed the worst attempt to prove a point, EVER. You fail.:facepalm

bluechox2
07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Wait, what? Why did you post something that happened three years ago to try to prove a point? This is now deemed the worst attempt to prove a point, EVER. You fail.:facepalm
your reaction is what i wanted:lol :lol :lol

imdaman99
07-14-2013, 08:49 PM
this poster is another annoying version of itsamoron3!!! :facepalm

AintNoSunshine
07-14-2013, 10:49 PM

The team is actually built to win 5 yrs ago.....

04mzwach
07-14-2013, 11:11 PM
It didn't take this Russian guy much time to throw this crap together. Everybody thought he was a joke until last season and now this upcoming season.

coin24
07-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Beat the heat:lol

Xiao Yao You
07-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Uh... that team made the NBA finals and might have won if Horace Grant wasn't out and Karl Malone wasn't playing on one leg.

More like if Kobe hadn't been such a selfish prick and got Shaq the ball.

Scholar
07-15-2013, 01:14 AM

Oh, wow. Deja vu.
2012-13 Lakers say, "Hi."

LT Ice Cream
07-15-2013, 03:27 AM

Number one defense and rebounding . . . :kobe: :kobe: :kobe: :kobe: :kobe:

Kiddlovesnets
07-15-2013, 03:56 AM
Wow so many mad knicks fans trolling already lol. And is the OP a woman? Just curious.
:eek:

Miss Bella
07-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Oh, wow. Deja vu.
2012-13 Lakers say, "Hi."

Lakers suck

TheReal Kendall
07-17-2013, 12:49 AM
Geez!

The Nets won't make it past the 2nd round. They lucky if they make it out of the 1st.

Y'all are really overreacting and overrating the Nets

Miss Bella
07-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Geez!

The Nets won't make it past the 2nd round. They lucky if they make it out of the 1st.

Y'all are really overreacting and overrating the Nets

No we have the best all around team.

TheReal Kendall
07-17-2013, 12:59 AM
No we have the best all around team.

Y'all add 3 old guys and now y'all destined to win it all. :facepalm

Gotta keep hope alive.....I guess

Miss Bella
08-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Y'all add 3 old guys and now y'all destined to win it all. :facepalm

Gotta keep hope alive.....I guess

Garnett is still all star level.

CarlosBoozer
08-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Hey babe, you still think the nets will win it all?

Dr. Ice
08-13-2013, 12:45 AM
I swear i'm still shocked that the nets have fans, where the hell did these guys come from? I used to think they had less fans than the hawks

Miss Bella
08-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Hey babe, you still think the nets will win it all?

Of course! Such a great off season.

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
how much the Nets are over the cap?

Miss Bella
08-14-2013, 01:34 PM
how much are the Nets are over the cap?

I have no idea. What is the cap this year? probably a lot over the cap anyway.

Hittin_Shots
08-14-2013, 01:38 PM

As a Boston fan I want pierce and kg to succeed but I also wouldn't mind this happening with us holding their draft picks.

It's A VC3!!!
08-14-2013, 01:40 PM
how much are the Nets are over the cap?
They are paying $100 million in contracts next year and a whopping additional $82 million just for luxury tax. Bringing the total amount of money Prokhorov will spend next year to nearly $200 million.:eek:

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 01:43 PM
They are paying $100 million in contracts next year and a whopping additional $82 million just for luxury tax. Bringing the total amount of money Prokhorov will spend next year to nearly $200 million.:eek:

i dont know too much about this Prokhorov guy but he must be making some serious bucks to be doing this shit. he might as well let me hold a million :confusedshrug:

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 01:44 PM
I have no idea. What is the cap this year? probably a lot over the cap anyway.

$58.679 Million

i know Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, and Joe Johnson alone equal to that much.

It's A VC3!!!
08-14-2013, 01:46 PM
i dont know too much about this Prokhorov guy but he must be making some serious bucks to be doing this shit. he might as well let me hold a million :confusedshrug:
He has a net worth of $13 billion. That alone places him as the second wealthiest NBA owner. In addition to that he claims that he makes $21 million every single week.

Bigsmoke
08-14-2013, 01:47 PM
He has a net worth of $13 billion. That alone places him as the second wealthiest NBA owner. In addition to that he claims that he makes $21 million every single week.

he got money to whip his ass with.

i still want my million out his bank account. :confusedshrug:

Bandito
08-14-2013, 01:53 PM
I like your optimism! Hope it works out, because I want to see Kirlikenko win one and for someone to take that stupid arrogant smile off his face, and I think if this team isn't injured they could be good. But again the same thing was said about the Lakers and they failed. It depends if everybody is there playing and not on the bench, injured.

ConanRulesNBC
08-14-2013, 04:10 PM

No way does Pierce agree to come off the bench for Brooklyn. He probably would have for Boston.

veilside23
08-14-2013, 09:00 PM
No way does Pierce agree to come off the bench for Brooklyn. He probably would have for Boston.

he will dont be surprised ;)

LikeABosh
08-14-2013, 09:15 PM
AARP squad

chips93
08-14-2013, 09:23 PM
That's a hell of a second unit, too. I could see it getting a playoff spot in the East.

the celtics were a 500 team last year

you think that replacing rondo, kg and bradley, with blatche shaun livingston, and reggie evans and they dont lose a ton more games?

thats crazy.

It's A VC3!!!
08-14-2013, 09:57 PM
If Jason Kidd proposes the idea I don't reckon Paul Pierce saying no to that. However, I don't think anyone is ready to degrade Pierce to the bench in favor of someone who misses 20 games per year. Our lineup would be better with AK in it though. Our defense would be like number 1 in the NBA.

Trentknicks
08-14-2013, 10:00 PM
If Jason Kidd proposes the idea I don't reckon Paul Pierce saying no to that. However, I don't think anyone is ready to degrade Pierce to the bench in favor of someone who misses 20 games per year. Our lineup would be better with AK in it though. Our defense would be like number 1 in the NBA.
Not with players like D Will, JJ & Lopez in the starting line up, also, if Pierce sits, whose the great defensive depth on the bench?

Blatche is okay, but everyone else would suck. Bulls, Pacers and probably even the Heat would have a better defense in the East alone.

niko
08-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Kidd, the rookie coach is going to send Pierce, the veteran whose bbf is the new defacto leader of the team, and whose assistant coach who will actually be coaching the team is a huge supporter of, to the bench as one of his first duties?

Good luck with that.

Miss Bella
08-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Not with players like D Will, JJ & Lopez in the starting line up, also, if Pierce sits, whose the great defensive depth on the bench?

Blatche is okay, but everyone else would suck. Bulls, Pacers and probably even the Heat would have a better defense in the East alone.

Joe Johnson is a good defender and Brook Lopez is not terrible.

Trentknicks
08-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Joe Johnson is a good defender and Brook Lopez is not terrible.
Joe Johnson is not a good defender, I went to plenty of games in the Barclays Center last year and saw this several times. Brook is an adequate and much improved defender, but I think it's quite a stretch of even ItsaVC3!'s imagination to suggest the Nets would have the best defense.

It's A VC3!!!
08-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Joe Johnson is not a good defender, I went to plenty of games in the Barclays Center last year and saw this several times. Brook is an adequate and much improved defender, but I think it's quite a stretch of even ItsaVC3!'s imagination to suggest the Nets would have the best defense.
with ak, kg and brook yes they would. brook is a good defender. not great, but good. pair him up with kg and ak and your front court is the best defense. and deron and joe are above average. not great, but not bad.

Miss Bella
09-27-2013, 01:06 PM

They could be the best defensive team KG brings experience and Brook Lopez is tall and will greatly benefit from him. Kevin Garnett is the man that made Kendrick Perkins look like one of the best defensive centers. Joe Johnson is good if he tries and with a contending team he will most likely put in more effort.

Trentknicks
09-27-2013, 06:29 PM
They could be the best defensive team KG brings experience and Brook Lopez is tall and will greatly benefit from him. Kevin Garnett is the man that made Kendrick Perkins look like one of the best defensive centers. Joe Johnson is good if he tries and with a contending team he will most likely put in more effort.
The problem with your argument is that you are expecting all this to happen, not one of the things you mentioned is guaranteed. What happens to your defensive rating when KG/AK go down for their usual 15 or so games per year due to injury?

Indy
Bulls
Heat

Will undoubtedly be better on defense, maybe another 2 or so teams around the league that could finish in front of the Nets in points allowed. No doubt you will point out that I'm a Knicks fan but that has no relevance here and I think most of the board would agree with my suggestion.

ChuckOakley
09-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Yeah... no.

Improved and top 10?
Sure.

The best.
Not a chance.

D.Will/JJ/PP

Too big and too slow to guard the perimeter well.

magnax1
09-27-2013, 09:14 PM
They have talent but they have 2 really big holes
1-IDK how Pierce and JJ work together. Its just an odd fit.
2-They arent ever going to get a single rebound when evans isnt in.

Bigsmoke
09-27-2013, 09:14 PM
the Bulls are going to kick that ass.

Miss Bella
09-29-2013, 12:26 AM
the Bulls are going to kick that ass.
:oldlol:

Miss Bella
09-29-2013, 12:27 AM
The problem with your argument is that you are expecting all this to happen, not one of the things you mentioned is guaranteed. What happens to your defensive rating when KG/AK go down for their usual 15 or so games per year due to injury?

Indy
Bulls
Heat

Will undoubtedly be better on defense, maybe another 2 or so teams around the league that could finish in front of the Nets in points allowed. No doubt you will point out that I'm a Knicks fan but that has no relevance here and I think most of the board would agree with my suggestion.

Regular season does not matter. As long as we make it to the playoffs with a healthy team we are favorites.

Miss Bella
09-29-2013, 12:28 AM
They have talent but they have 2 really big holes
1-IDK how Pierce and JJ work together. Its just an odd fit.
2-They arent ever going to get a single rebound when evans isnt in.

Pierce will most likely work as a sixth man. The starting line up will look like this.

Deron-Johnson-Kirlenko-Garnett-Brook.

aj1987
09-29-2013, 12:52 AM
we are favorites.
:roll: Favorites to lose in the first round. If they face either the Heat, Bulls, or the Pacers, it'll be a sweep or at the worst, they'll be done in 5.

magnax1
09-29-2013, 01:29 AM
Pierce will most likely work as a sixth man. The starting line up will look like this.

Deron-Johnson-Kirlenko-Garnett-Brook.
That's what Im hoping, but JJ deserves the bench over Pierce honestly. He's pretty damn atrocious anymore.

fefe
09-29-2013, 05:19 AM
The Nets were a 4th seeded 49 win team last season, who lost in 7 games in the first round of the playoffs.
They already had a very nice big 3 of Williams, Lopez and Joe Johnson.
They swept their regular season series against the Pacers.

Their main flaws were defense, passion and floor spacing (especially when Wallace and Evans were on the floor at the same time.)

They made the following changes:
Wallace -> Pierce
Humphries -> Garnett
Bogans -> Kirilenko
Stackhouse -> Alan Anderson
Marshon Brooks -> Jason Terry
CJ Watson -> Shaun Livingston
lack of 3rd string center -> Plumlee
PJ Carlesimo -> Jason Kidd
upgraded coaching staff.

Even when all their 33+ year old players (KG, Pierce and Jason Terry - the players from the Celtics trade) are out, they are still improved with a starting lineup of
D-Will, JJ, AK, Blatche, Lopez,
with
Taylor, Livingston, Anderson, Shengelija, Teletovic, Evans and Plumlee
coming off the bench.

Even if KG and Pierce don't play at all, this is a 50 win team.

We can not really project how much the addition of KG and Pierce will improve them, as we don't know how much they will regress for age 36 and 37 respectively. Last year they were both still top 5 at their positions.
We also don't know how they will be able to fit into their new 4th and 5th option roles, but I think at this stage of their careers there will not be any problem there.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say they addressed their weeknesses very well.
Defense, passion and floor spacing improved tremendously.

I think they are at least a 55 win team, which is usually contender level.

All Net
09-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Regular season does not matter. As long as we make it to the playoffs with a healthy team we are favorites.

Sure :oldlol:

The JKidd Kid
09-29-2013, 08:22 AM
:roll: Favorites to lose in the first round. If they face either the Heat, Bulls, or the Pacers, it'll be a sweep or at the worst, they'll be done in 5.

The Nets swept the Pacers in the regular season series and the games weren't even close. We also improved much more than the Pacers did in the off season. Deron Williams basically took the Nets to 7 games against the Bulls all by himself, considering that Lopez was being a soft peice of shit in the paint, Joe was injured and everyone else on the team was a non-factor and playing under the shittiest, most stubborn coach in the league. I'd take the Nets improvements of Peirce, KG, Joe, Kirilenko, Terry, a back up PG that won't blow the series and a coach that actually knows what the word pass means over Rose and Deng. Also, if any team in the league is going to beat the Heat, it's this Nets team. They have 3 legitimate low post scorers, great offensive spacing, a deep bench, a potentially dominate defense and elite wing scoring in Williams, Johnson and Peirce. No team in the league would sweep this Nets team. Damn, you bandwagon heat fans really need to a brush up on your basketball. :lol

ChuckOakley
09-29-2013, 07:34 PM
The Nets swept the Pacers in the regular season series and the games weren't even close. We also improved much more than the Pacers did in the off season. Deron Williams basically took the Nets to 7 games against the Bulls all by himself, considering that Lopez was being a soft peice of shit in the paint, Joe was injured and everyone else on the team was a non-factor and playing under the shittiest, most stubborn coach in the league. I'd take the Nets improvements of Peirce, KG, Joe, Kirilenko, Terry, a back up PG that won't blow the series and a coach that actually knows what the word pass means over Rose and Deng. Also, if any team in the league is going to beat the Heat, it's this Nets team. They have 3 legitimate low post scorers, great offensive spacing, a deep bench, a potentially dominate defense and elite wing scoring in Williams, Johnson and Peirce. No team in the league would sweep this Nets team. Damn, you bandwagon heat fans really need to a brush up on your basketball. :lol
If anyone beats Miami, it will be Indy.
If Miami gets taken out, I think the Nets win the East.

Fresh Kid
09-29-2013, 07:37 PM
If anyone beats Miami, it will be Indy.
If Miami gets taken out, I think the Nets win the East.
:roll: u delusional fans are killing me with these jokes

upside24
09-29-2013, 07:41 PM
:lol

Nets have a nice lineup though.

livingby3's
09-29-2013, 07:47 PM
when i clicked this thread i was thinking 100 years old

niko
09-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Heat are a horrific matchup for the Nets. They haven't lost a series in the East since being put together, and you need to be able to play at their level of athleticism at least somewhat (now) to compete with them. The Nets are really slow, to compete with them the Nets will need to kill them on the board, otherwise the Heat will run out on every miss. The Pacers are a different kind of team than the Nets. I think Nets/Pacers/Heat is rock paper scissors just like ChuckOakley said.

Meticode
09-29-2013, 07:58 PM
A lot of hate for the Nets calling them old. I'm not for or against them, but I am interested in seeing how they perform.

ChuckOakley
09-29-2013, 08:46 PM
A lot of hate for the Nets calling them old. I'm not for or against them, but I am interested in seeing how they perform.
What's funny is the oldest teams in the league are the best.
Miami and NY were the two oldest last year. Miami won 66, NY exceeded RS expectations with 54 wins.

This year's list of 10 oldest teams:

Miami Heat
Brooklyn Nets
New York Knicks
San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Lakers
Dallas Mavericks
Los Angeles Clippers
Indiana Pacers
Chicago Bulls
Memphis Grizzlies

Meanwhile KG, PP and Terry missed all off 22 games last year.

What were the worst injuries last year?
Not to old guys.. to players like

Westbrook
Rondo
Love
D.Rose
Wall
Beal
Afflalo
Irving
Waiters
L.Williams
Melo
Bynum
Gallinari

And some old guys
Dirk
Gasol
Kobe

But generally it seems old guys know how to take care of themselves.

La Frescobaldi
09-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Kirilenko drew every hardest assignment last season. Every team they played he lined up against their best player except for the boring @ss PG teams which Rubio stalled them all out.

Man screw AK for leaving the Wolves. lol nah i wish him lots of luck & fun too with his FREAKING Nets

ChuckOakley
09-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Heat are a horrific matchup for the Nets. They haven't lost a series in the East since being put together, and you need to be able to play at their level of athleticism at least somewhat (now) to compete with them. The Nets are really slow, to compete with them the Nets will need to kill them on the board, otherwise the Heat will run out on every miss. The Pacers are a different kind of team than the Nets. I think Nets/Pacers/Heat is rock paper scissors just like ChuckOakley said.
Nets can beat Pacers (3-0 last year, 1 game without Deron, 2 other game no Wallace to guard George)

Nets can beat NY (2-2 last year, 1 loss no Lopez and Kidd hits the 3 with the kick, Nets have gotten much better)

Nets can beat Chicago (3-4 in the playoffs but they addressed every reason why they lost to the Bulls)

Nets cannot beat Miami... but those other 3 teams have a chance.

The JKidd Kid
09-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Nets can beat Pacers (3-0 last year, 1 game without Deron, 2 other game no Wallace to guard George)

Nets can beat NY (2-2 last year, 1 loss no Lopez and Kidd hits the 3 with the kick, Nets have gotten much better)

Nets can beat Chicago (3-4 in the playoffs but they addressed every reason why they lost to the Bulls)

Nets cannot beat Miami... but those other 3 teams have a chance.

If any team is going to beat Miami this season, it's the Nets with their size, versatility, inside and out play, spacing and leadership.

ChuckOakley
09-29-2013, 09:08 PM
If any team is going to beat Miami this season, it's the Nets with their size, versatility, inside and out play, spacing and leadership.
Doubt it. Indy came the closest a got better.
Miami blew us out each time.
We thought we had a chance because our biggest strengths at PG and C were their biggest weakness and it got us nowhere. Those are still our biggest strengths but Bosh, Andersen and Oden can handle Lopez.

The JKidd Kid
09-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Doubt it. Indy came the closest a got better.
Miami blew us out each time.
We thought we had a chance because our biggest strengths at PG and C were their biggest weakness and it got us nowhere. Those are still our biggest strengths but Bosh, Andersen and Oden can handle Lopez.

When we played the Heat last season, Deron was still injured and we still had scrubby forwards. I think people are underestimate the impact that Peirce and Garnett will have on this team just by STANDING ON THE COURT. Last years forwards were so awful that this team will look completely different compared to last season. Plus we'll have real coaches that know what the word pass means and know how to design a championship caliber defense in Lawrence Frank. I'm telling you man, the only way you'll be able to tell that we're watching the Nets is the jersey.

ChuckOakley
09-29-2013, 09:30 PM
When we played the Heat last season, Deron was still injured and we still had scrubby forwards. I think people are underestimate the impact that Peirce and Garnett will have on this team just by STANDING ON THE COURT. Last years forwards were so awful that this team will look completely different compared to last season. Plus we'll have real coaches that know what the word pass means and know how to design a championship caliber defense in Lawrence Frank. I'm telling you man, the only way you'll be able to tell that we're watching the Nets is the jersey.
Deron was healthy for the last game and played much better under PJ and we still got blown out by 20.
I don't doubt we have a much improved team but taking out one of the best teams of all time with one of the best players of all time is not going to be easy.

The JKidd Kid
09-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Deron was healthy for the last game and played much better under PJ and we still got blown out by 20.
I don't doubt we have a much improved team but taking out one of the best teams of all time with one of the best players of all time is not going to be easy.

I know it won't be easy, but we have all the pieces needed to beat them, all we have to do is put them together, which I believe(hope) Kidd will be able to do.

niko
09-30-2013, 07:55 AM
I can't see how people say honestly Nets beat Heat. Maybe things change two levels beyond what we know and then you can say it at that time but right now it makes no sense to me. Those games, the Nets were leading in some of them and Lebron just basically decided he was bored and now it ended, and the Heat would roll from that point.

As for age on the Celtics, i don't think games missed is any indicator. I think how they looked vs. the Knicks is. Terry/Pierce were done. Garnett was playing well but on fumes. Garnett is the one i think they can pace so he's ok but the other two are just really old in their movement. So slow. Kidd vs. Garnett in minutes will be fun to watch and a good issue IMO because it will force Kidd to take control and not let KG do what he wants.

fefe
09-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Even if Pierce and Garnett are very slow and just the shadows of what they once were, they are replacing Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans in the starting lineup of a 49 win team. That team had three huge weaknesses: Leadership, Defense and on the offensive end: Floor spacing.

Pierce and Garnett, however old and slow they are, they certainly bring heart, passion and leadership.
The addition of Garnett in itself is already huge defensively, but Pierce is a good defender too, and they also added AK47.
As for floor spacing check these shooting stats:
Wallace:
At the rim: 0.547% (122/223)
3-10 ft: 0.393% (22/56)
10-16 ft: 0.00% (0/6)
16ft-3pt: 0.250% (12/48)
3pt+: 0.297% (57/192)
Pierce:
At the rim: 0.591% (163/276)
3-10 ft: 0.305% (29/95)
10-16 ft: 0.451% (87/193)
16ft-3pt: 0.379 (80/211)
3pt+: 0.369 (156/423)
Evans:
At the rim: 0.543% (108/199)
3-10 ft: 0.353% (24/68)
10-16 ft: 0.222% (2/9)
16ft-3pt: 0.250% (2/8)
3pt+: -
Garnett:
At the rim: 0.724% (113/156)
3-10 ft: 0.412% (77/187)
10-16 ft: 0.482% (93/193)
16ft-3pt: 0.469% (167/356)
3pt+: 0.111 (2/18)

niko
09-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Even if Pierce and Garnett are very slow and just the shadows of what they once were, they are replacing Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans in the starting lineup of a 49 win team. That team had three huge weaknesses: Leadership, Defense and on the offensive end: Floor spacing.

Pierce and Garnett, however old and slow they are, they certainly bring heart, passion and leadership.
The addition of Garnett in itself is already huge defensively, but Pierce is a good defender too, and they also added AK47.
As for floor spacing check these shot charts.
Wallace -> Pierce
http://www.basketball-reference.com/images/nbahalfcourt.jpghttp://www.basketball-reference.com/images/nbahalfcourt.jpg

Evans -> Garnett
http://www.basketball-reference.com/images/nbahalfcourt.jpghttp://www.basketball-reference.com/images/nbahalfcourt.jpg
Those charts are enlightening.

niko
09-30-2013, 08:29 AM
I wish people would stop saying the Nets got better. NO SHIT. Really? You have to be the worst basher/hater to think the Nets didn't get siginficantly better. I don't think they'll win a title because i don't think enough guys will have enough left to win 4 rounds. My opinion. But countering that with how much the Nets got better, of course they got better. Only douches like Wild09/FreshKid/MissBella would tell you otherwise (depending which team they are trolling).

Title is the point, not better.

It's a fun discussion to have though as a Net fan no? If you are a title winner or not?

fefe
09-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Those charts are enlightening.
Thanks for quoting, I would have never realized myself that it didn't work :P.

niko
09-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks for quoting, I would have never realized myself that it didn't work :P.
I think your chart represents the ideal shot distribution for Wallace and Evans.

CarlosBoozer
09-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Sorry you have to putup with that slut bella, niko :(

fefe
09-30-2013, 08:53 AM
I wish people would stop saying the Nets got better. NO SHIT. Really? You have to be the worst basher/hater to think the Nets didn't get siginficantly better. I don't think they'll win a title because i don't think enough guys will have enough left to win 4 rounds. My opinion. But countering that with how much the Nets got better, of course they got better. Only douches like Wild09/FreshKid/MissBella would tell you otherwise (depending which team they are trolling).

Title is the point, not better.

It's a fun discussion to have though as a Net fan no? If you are a title winner or not?

Of course the Heat are a very strong team. A super team. Once in a generation team. Lebron is a unique talent and he has Bosh and Wade who were superstars on their own teams before they united, and all three are still in their prime years.

Beating them will be very hard for any team, and it probably requires some luck (like injury to one of the Heat's big three, preferably James) to advance against them.

Still, the Nets have as good of a chance as any other team.
When a 49 win team adds Garnett, Pierce and Kirilenko, without losing any important pieces, they become title contenders.
The Nets have just as good of a chance to beat Miami as the Thunder, the Spurs, the Clippers, the Bulls or the Pacers.
Therefore you have to call them title contenders.
Will they win the title? Probably not. but maybe yes...

niko
09-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Sorry you have to putup with that slut bella, niko :(
I think it's a dude and i don't have to put up with anyone. :D It's a message board. I just hope the Knicks and Nets fans don't call each other names due to topics started by obvious trolls all year.

Thanks though...

fefe
09-30-2013, 08:55 AM
I think your chart represents the ideal shot distribution for Wallace and Evans.
Now this is where we agree 100% :)

ChuckOakley
09-30-2013, 10:30 AM
I can't see how people say honestly Nets beat Heat. Maybe things change two levels beyond what we know and then you can say it at that time but right now it makes no sense to me. Those games, the Nets were leading in some of them and Lebron just basically decided he was bored and now it ended, and the Heat would roll from that point.

As for age on the Celtics, i don't think games missed is any indicator. I think how they looked vs. the Knicks is. Terry/Pierce were done. Garnett was playing well but on fumes. Garnett is the one i think they can pace so he's ok but the other two are just really old in their movement. So slow. Kidd vs. Garnett in minutes will be fun to watch and a good issue IMO because it will force Kidd to take control and not let KG do what he wants.
PP looked awful in the playoff but excellent in the RS

One of 3 players to pu up 18/6/4 (LBJ, Durant)
19/6/6 on 49/43 post ASG.

What happened in the playoffs?

He was exhausted from playing point forward the entire time Rondo was out, and Terry is not a PG either.

Shumpert was also pretty fresh and played excellent D.

poido123
09-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Nets will be dangerous and their older players won't be using a lot of petrol in the reg season because they are stacked top to bottom.

Garnett and Pierce are getting old but if they are played sparingly during the reg season, they are good enough to turn it on in the playoffs with plenty of rest.

They have so many weapons and every player in the starting lineup can score. They have two very good defenders and a decent rim protector in Lopez.

As a Bulls fan, I'd rather face a weary Heat team from 4 consecutive playoff runs than that Nets team.

CarlosBoozer
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM
I think it's a dude and i don't have to put up with anyone. :D It's a message board. I just hope the Knicks and Nets fans don't call each other names due to topics started by obvious trolls all year.

Thanks though...
Well he's one persistent bastard, been going to bte and asking stupid sh*t. Gonna be hard with how many trolls the knicks and nets fan have :oldlol:

No problemas :cheers:

Miss Bella
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Well he's one persistent bastard, been going to bte and asking stupid sh*t. Gonna be hard with how many trolls the knicks and nets fan have :oldlol:

No problemas :cheers:

According to the BTE you are also Jerrywest. That douche that always talks shit.

Joey3000
10-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm not gone lie... Joe johnson and Paul Pierce are gunna be a problem for opposing teams in clutch situations. those two are stone cold killers in the clutch.

kNicKz
10-08-2013, 06:16 PM

I think KG will be solid and Pierce will crumble in the new system

Burgz V2
10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
non stop dick sucking since the trade, you need a hobby my friend.

you're a pretty unfunnyfuka

La Frescobaldi
10-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Nets will be dangerous and their older players won't be using a lot of petrol in the reg season because they are stacked top to bottom.

Garnett and Pierce are getting old but if they are played sparingly during the reg season, they are good enough to turn it on in the playoffs with plenty of rest.

They have so many weapons and every player in the starting lineup can score. They have two very good defenders and a decent rim protector in Lopez.

As a Bulls fan, I'd rather face a weary Heat team from 4 consecutive playoff runs than that Nets team.
Dang you are thinking like Popovich right here - rest them bad boys with old legs through the regular season and then BAM!! it's playoff time and they're ripping nets with a big ol grin

La Frescobaldi
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I think KG will be solid and Pierce will crumble in the new system
Im curious to see how that plays out too. Could go either way with that great player Paul Pierce.

He's soooo freakin smooth but dangerous as a rattler

Fresh Kid
10-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Man tha netz aint guna do a damn thing, and Niko need to shut hell up and stop lyin, before I smack tha fire out that niguh:mad:

bizil
10-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Frankly, I'm loving what the Nets are doing. Even after KG and Pierce retire, u can STILL BUILD AROUND D-Will and Lopez. JJ is 32 and that's not really old in the L so he will likely be around too. People talk shit about Pierce and KG being old. But Pierce is still a top 5-6 SF in the L. KG for my money is still a top 10 PF in the L. And they don't have to come into the Nets and be the guy. KG will likely even be the fifth option on the Nets. As opposed to being the 2nd option on Boston.

And don't forget that D-Will when he's healthy along with CP3 combines the premium PG facets AND great scoring better than anybody else in the L. Skill for skill at PG, D-Will is arguably the best PG in the L. He has some size on CP3 that makes a difference (not saying he's better but he's more versatile) and he's more of a true PG than Rose and Westbrook. So guys like KG, Pierce, and AK 47 can fill in and DON'T have to be the best player on the team. I feel ultimately it's D-Will's team!

Flagrant 2
10-08-2013, 09:57 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ChuckOakley
10-14-2013, 10:22 PM
PP looked awful in the playoff but excellent in the RS

One of 3 players to pu up 18/6/4 (LBJ, Durant)
19/6/6 on 49/43 post ASG.

What happened in the playoffs?

He was exhausted from playing point forward the entire time Rondo was out, and Terry is not a PG either.

Shumpert was also pretty fresh and played excellent D.
Seriously VC3?
A negative rep for giving Shumpert some credit?

What Nets fan negative reps another Nets fan?
Knick fans don't even do that.

Don't be a troll.

Funnyfuka
10-14-2013, 10:41 PM
you dont build a contender team with old players on the decline. Tried many times, lakers could tell you a lot about it, never worked. You need 2 or 3 young powerful players and maybe add some experimented veterans surrounding them to win a chip. But without a serious core, you can forget it.

ChuckOakley
10-14-2013, 10:48 PM
you dont build a contender team with old players on the decline. Tried many times, lakers could tell you a lot about it, never worked. You need 2 or 3 young powerful players and maybe add some experimented veterans surrounding them to win a chip. But without a serious core, you can forget it.
Thankfully they are built around Lopez who is 25 and D.Williams.

Also this item has little to do with last years Lakers.
Its a lazy and regurgitated comparison generically used.

They are closer to the '03 Lakers with Payton and Malone who had an excellent RS and made the Finals.

Legends66NBA7
10-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Thankfully they are built around Lopez who is 25 and D.Williams.

Also this item has little to do with last years Lakers.
Its a lazy and regurgitated comparison generically used.

They are closer to the '03 Lakers with Payton and Malone who had an excellent RS and made the Finals.

Yeah, I do see some resemblance of those Lakers and this current Nets squad. The major difference is that Shaq and Bryant were feuding the whole year and Jackson just trumps Kidd as a coach, regardless of Kidd even had experience or not.

It's A VC3!!!
10-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Seriously VC3?

Don't be a troll.
What? I don't use the rep system. I would NEVER negative rep a nets fan

Legends66NBA7
10-14-2013, 10:51 PM

Yeah, I think stuff like that just happens from other posters. I got a neg rep from you too one time when you and you and I were just talking about the Nets and Vince Carter.

niko
10-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Seriously VC3?

Don't be a troll.
I've got negative rep from you several times when we were discussing something. One of them was red. :D Everyone uses everyone else's names for some reason.

ChuckOakley
10-14-2013, 11:00 PM
I've got negative rep from you several times when we were discussing something. One of them was red. :D Everyone uses everyone else's names for some reason.
That's lame.

ChuckOakley
10-14-2013, 11:01 PM
My bad.
I bet it was Fresh Kid.

niko
10-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Man tha netz aint guna do a damn thing, and Niko need to shut hell up and stop lyin, before I smack tha fire out that niguh:mad:

Will you be attacking me alone or will all your alt's gang up on me? I imagine it will be like the Walking Dead with all of them coming after me. :lol

It's A VC3!!!
10-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I think stuff like that just happens from other posters. I got a neg rep from you too one time when you and you and I were just talking about the Nets and Vince Carter.
Lol, I had no idea of these things even happening. It's actually amusing.:lol

It's A VC3!!!
10-14-2013, 11:05 PM
I didn't know that the rep game is so serious. Who would use my name? Probably that guy who changed my post about my sister. Forgetting his name atm. Definitely him.

niko
10-15-2013, 07:22 AM
I didn't know that the rep game is so serious. Who would use my name? Probably that guy who changed my post about my sister. Forgetting his name atm. Definitely him.
The trolls do. FreshKid, etc. All the morons who argue back and forth. The way the rep works, if you are in the red, something is wrong because it takes so much more red to offset green its not even funny.

Fresh Kid
10-15-2013, 07:50 AM
The trolls do. FreshKid, etc. All the morons who argue back and forth. The way the rep works, if you are in the red, something is wrong because it takes so much more red to offset green its not even funny.
hey now, u and fake chuck Oakley need to stop accusing me of negging people:no: but why me tho? i really don't understand:lol

Miss Bella
10-25-2013, 04:36 PM

Deron and Brook Lopez are young. They have experience and young guys.

niko
10-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Don't take the bait people, fresh kidd is trying to build this personality as reasonable (that's why it's so vanilla) and then he's going to start his nets trolling.

Miss Bella
11-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Don't take the bait people, fresh kidd is trying to build this personality as reasonable (that's why it's so vanilla) and then he's going to start his nets trolling.

Get a life and stop harassing me. Keep to the topic at hand.

AintNoSunshine
11-01-2013, 05:23 AM

Mikhail I love you!

***9ot:biggums:

Smoke117
11-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Paul Pierce nor Joe Johnson are "great scorers". PP may have been very good at one time, but Joe Johnson is being paid 20 mil to put up 3rd option stats.

Duranthebest
11-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Paul Pierce nor Joe Johnson are "great scorers". PP may have been very good at one time, but Joe Johnson is being paid 20 mil to put up 3rd option stats.

Paul Piece wasn't very good, he was great, period. He's still capable of putting up efficient scoring numbers even at age 36. First game of the season he was 5/8 for 17pts. That's great scoring with limited shots/touches.

Miss Bella
11-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Paul pierce killing LeBron. Nets destroying the champs.