PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Lebron will win another mvp next season?

dbk123
07-15-2013, 02:41 AM
I dont see them giving it to him 3 years in a row. I have a feeling durant is gonna win it. Or possibly Rose's second mvp.

plowking
07-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Depends who has the better record, and how close it is.

Who knows, Howard may get one.

lilgodfather1
07-15-2013, 10:29 AM
No. If he wins any award it will be DPOY. Not that he will necessarily deserve that, but the media has been inflating that balloon for a while.

The only way I see him getting MVP is through injuries to his team. Otherwise it's not likely.

Derrick Rose will not come close to MVP.

guy
07-15-2013, 10:32 AM
I don't see him doing as well, and I think Spo is going to play the big 3 less minutes knowing that they are coming off 3 straight NBA Finals. I see Durant finally getting one.

EnoughSaid
07-15-2013, 11:02 AM
If LeBron is still as motivated as ever, he'll definitely be the favorite to win it once again. Especially if Miami has the top record and he's averaging around 26/8/8, which he'll definitely do if Miami doesn't get a few REBOUNDING big men. If Wade is finally healthy and his knees are healthy, I think he can have a bounce back sort of season (we know he's been wanting to practice his jumpshot extensively with multiple shooting coaches, and he's wanted to do some post work) so maybe if Wade puts up 23-24/5/5, LeBron's chances of winning it might be slimmer.

Also if someone just dominates this season and rises to superstardom (ala Rose) they might just win it.

Nash
07-15-2013, 11:04 AM
If he has his usual 25+/7/7 with 50%+ and Miami has the nr 1 seed he will get it.

SilkkTheShocker
07-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes.

pegasus
07-15-2013, 11:06 AM
If the Pacers and the Bulls are healthy, I don't see Miami being the 1st seed as they won't care about the regular season as much. And if that's the case, it'd be a travesty to give him the MVP award again.

EnoughSaid
07-15-2013, 11:11 AM
If you think about it, LeBron might end up with 6 or MORE MVPs. :eek:

Jailblazers7
07-15-2013, 11:17 AM
If the Pacers and the Bulls are healthy, I don't see Miami being the 1st seed as they won't care about the regular season as much. And if that's the case, it'd be a travesty to give him the MVP award again.

No way the Pacers end up with a better record. That team is built beautifully for the playoffs but they will have their ups and downs during the regular season. Hibbert won't be playing 30+ minutes every game and they don't have enough consistent PG play to be a top 2 seed.

Lebron has to be the favorite again if you were to put odds on it. He's the best player in the league and likely to be on a top 3 team record-wise.

red1
07-15-2013, 11:20 AM
he'll win mvp and dpoty

DukeDelonte13
07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
i think its durant's turn.

EnoughSaid
07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
LeBron needs that DPOY though to cement himself as an all-time defender. :bowdown:

selrahc
07-15-2013, 11:28 AM
kobe will get it thiss year. kobe isextra motivared coming off injury and will average 30/8/8

INDI
07-15-2013, 11:33 AM
he'll win mvp and dpoty

Hes not even a top 5 defender at his position, maybe even his team with shane battier.

iggy
deng
butler
kirilenko
george

all defenders that can lock their man down better than lebron and thats off the top of my head. The reason why lebron gets this defensive credit is because of his chase down blocks and versatility. There is alot more to defense than that

HurricaneKid
07-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Rose? GTFO. NOW. Miami got outscored last year when LeBron wasn't on the court. Rose's team went to the second round of the playoffs. And there is still a backlash against one of the worst MVP awards in memory.

What there isn't a backlash for is to give the award to the most deserving player. And the chances are LeBron is going to be that. He has led the league in PER by 3+ the last two years. The list of players since 1960 to have done that are: Chamberlain, Kareem, Jordan, Shaq, LeBron. He has also led the league in PER the last 6 years and WS the last 5. The only people to match either of these streaks are MJ and Wilt.

There are a few people that are invested in seeing LeBron fail. Those people are now bankrupt. Those investments are now worthless. You see some people here waving this Enron stock equivalent around like it still has value. It does not.

SilkkTheShocker
07-15-2013, 11:38 AM
i think its durant's turn.

I wasn't aware thats how the MVP was awarded.

plowking
07-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Hes not even a top 5 defender at his position, maybe even his team with shane battier.

iggy
deng
butler
kirilenko
george

all defenders that can lock their man down better than lebron and thats off the top of my head. The reason why lebron gets this defensive credit is because of his chase down blocks and versatility. There is alot more to defense than that

Hes miles ahead of George, Deng and Iggy. The only ones that are debatable are Butler and Kirilenko and neither are as good at help defense and overall team defense.

pauk
07-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Most likely... there is no such thing as "They gave him enough, they are tired of him".... the guy who brought the most success to his team due to impact/performance during the regular season will win the MVP all the time.... and that guy will more likely be Lebron again.... he will most likely have the best record in the NBA while being the best player in the NBA.... its a very easy one...

Ken_Masters
07-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Is James' competition that bad? Jordan was head and shoulders above his peers but he never won it every year. Prime Shaq only has 1. Why should the media keep awarding James the MVP every single year when past players who were better than him never won it every single year? It's an indictment on the level of competition he's up against i guess.

kennethgriffin
07-15-2013, 12:30 PM
i hope he does... i wanna see him destroy jordans total of 5

that way when lebron ends his career with 9-10 mvps... us kobe fans will be able to throw lebrons mvps out the window

theyel say.. lebron has more mvps than kobe! ahaha..

then we'l say.. "he has 4 more mvps than jordan. and hes the goat"

mvps are worthless. lebron is making them into a joke.

back in the day they used to pass around the award to make it interesting.

since bill simmons quote on espn half time " why can't lebron win it every year. sick of the old style where they shared the award. if hes the best player he should win it"

before that quote they were pushing for chris paul, melo, durant all ahead of lebron

then simmons said it and it changed the whole espn crew into lebron stans

now the new order of things is.. give it to the same guy as many times as possible

if they had that idea back when jordan played he would be a 10 time mvp

kobe a 5 time mvp

shaq a 5 time mvp

but nope. only lebron gets to take advantage of the media giving in to their sexual desires

plowking
07-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Is James' competition that bad? Jordan was head and shoulders above his peers but he never won it every year. Prime Shaq only has 1. Why should the media keep awarding James the MVP every single year when past players who were better than him never won it every single year? It's an indictment on the level of competition he's up against i guess.

Go ahead and name another season that Shaq deserved the award. I'm always interested in this argument. The only one you can claim is the one Iverson walked away with. Outside of that, Shaq didn't deserve any more.

Unbiased_one
07-15-2013, 12:42 PM

iggy
deng
butler
kirilenko
george

80% of defense is help defense in the nba today. And lebron is arguably the greatest even help defender. He's a solid, if not great, man on man defender. I somewhat disagree with giving perimeter players DPOY though

Unbiased_one
07-15-2013, 12:45 PM

but nope. only lebron gets to take advantage of the media giving in to their sexual desires

If they gave mvp to the person who should get it (for best regular season player). Wilt and Jordan would each have about 8. Lebron would have 5 or 6. Shaq would have 4 or 5. Kobe would have 1 or 2.

Also, you can't support a player. People support teams.

kamil
07-15-2013, 12:59 PM
No. If he wins any award it will be DPOY. Not that he will necessarily deserve that, but the media has been inflating that balloon for a while.

F.ucking truth.

http://fatgirlrunning81.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hit-the-nail-on-the-head1.jpg

AintNoSunshine
07-15-2013, 01:01 PM

iggy
deng
butler
kirilenko
george

hating much?

BlazersDozen
07-15-2013, 01:04 PM
It's going to be between LeBron & Durant like it is nearly every season & Westbrook will again hinder Durant's chances.

My gut says a dark horse will snab it this year though. Curry? Melo? Love? Rose?

NumberSix
07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
They robbed him of 3peating once before. Don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

OmniStrife
07-15-2013, 01:25 PM
I hate all this "player X's turn" and voters' fatigue bullshit.
If he'll play like an MVP than he should get one again.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-15-2013, 01:26 PM

that way when lebron ends his career with 9-10 mvps... us kobe fans will be able to throw lebrons mvps out the window

since bill simmons quote on espn half time " why can't lebron win it every year. sick of the old style where they shared the award. if hes the best player he should win it"

before that quote they were pushing for chris paul, melo, durant all ahead of lebron

now the new order of things is.. give it to the same guy as many times as possible

kobe a 5 time mvp

shaq a 5 time mvp

Kobe has NO argument for mvp in any other year aside from '08

Hoopz2332
07-16-2013, 02:54 AM
If he has his usual 25+/7/7 with 50%+ and Miami has the nr 1 seed he will get it.

this

tazb
07-16-2013, 02:58 AM
MVP/DPOY/Championship/Finals MVP next year. :rockon:

Kuma
07-16-2013, 03:53 AM

iggy
deng
butler
kirilenko
george

Conversely, you could also say that there is a lot more to defense than just locking your opposing man down. It's odd that you used that line of argument when it basically favours LeBron overall.

WayOfWade
07-16-2013, 04:02 AM
Don't for get All-Star Game MVP :rockon:

Deuce Bigalow
07-16-2013, 04:03 AM
If they gave mvp to the person who should get it (for best regular season player). Wilt and Jordan would each have about 8. Lebron would have 5 or 6. Shaq would have 4 or 5. Kobe would have 1 or 2.

Also, you can't support a player. People support teams.
Nash was better than Kobe in 05-06? Dirk was better than Kobe in 06-07? Kobe would have 3 MVPs if they gave it to best RS player.

00-01 Shaq
02-03 Duncan
04 KG
05 ?
06-08 Kobe
09-10 Lebron
11 Dirk
12-13 Lebron

Trollsmasher
07-16-2013, 05:14 AM
:rockon:

Doranku
07-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Weak era.

SacJB Shady
07-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Steve Curry will win mvp. NOBODY shoots like him.

Unbiased_one
07-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Nash was better than Kobe in 05-06? Dirk was better than Kobe in 06-07? Kobe would have 3 MVPs if they gave it to best RS player.

00-01 Shaq
02-03 Duncan
04 KG
05 ?
06-08 Kobe
09-10 Lebron
11 Dirk
12-13 Lebron

Those mid decade ones are hard (and I certainly don't think Nash deserved either of the ones he got).

I would be inclined toward

05 garnett
06 dirk
07 dirk
08 Kobe

Kobe wouldn't be in my top two from 05-07. Obviously he has no argument in 05. And dirk was streets better than everyone else in the league in 07.

poido123
07-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Lebron will be favourite to win it again.

Rose can certainly win it, if the team gets number 1 seed.

My darkhorse is Curry, if the Warriors stay healthy all year they will win quite a few games.

LilEddyCurry
07-16-2013, 06:59 AM
+ Most improved player and Rookie of the year :bowdown:

All Net
07-16-2013, 07:11 AM
same stats and Miami gets top seed again? yes.

Straight_Ballin
07-16-2013, 08:25 AM

But...but...the NBA is filled with so much talent compared to the Jordan era
.:lol

ScalabrineStan
07-16-2013, 08:29 AM
It feels like Durants turn. And the thing about MVP, is it is a lot more about how the situation feels than reality.

That said, LeBron, Rose, Durant, CP3, and maybe Howard are the usual suspects. Maybe Melo and Deron too if their team greatly exceeds expectations.

Greg Oden 50
07-16-2013, 08:49 AM
I dont see them giving it to him 3 years in a row. I have a feeling durant is gonna win it. Or possibly Rose's second mvp.

who cares :banana:

jzek
07-16-2013, 08:55 AM
No chance. The media voters get tired of giving it to one guy every year. They did it to Jordan and they already did it to LeBron once.

Durant will win this year but next year they'll give it to LeBron again.

guy
07-16-2013, 10:17 AM
They robbed him of 3peating once before. Don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

In 2011? The Heat and Lebron were a disappointment that regular season, falling below expectations, choking in almost every close game, and Lebron's teammate was almost just as good as him, if not just as good. Even if Rose didn't deserve it, it wouldn't have been Lebron that got it. It would've most likely been Howard.

Goldrush25
07-16-2013, 12:50 PM

kobe a 5 time mvp

shaq a 5 time mvp

Back in the day people used to think the earth was flat and that you could cure someone's headaches by drilling a hole in their head.

Just because people did something one way in the past doesn't mean it was the best way to do things. Give the award to people that deserve it. Just because they didn't get it right with MJ doesn't mean that should carry over to today when people have come to their senses. It won't diminish what others like MJ and Kobe have done in the past. People are just smarter and more informed today, in just about everything.

scm5
07-16-2013, 12:54 PM
I think Durant will win it simply because he's been developing all aspects of his game nicely and has to do more to keep his team competitive.

He was playing like Lebron with a jump shot in the post season, just with way more turnovers. If he can limit those, wow.

Also, I can see Chris Paul winning one. The Clippers are geared to be one of the best in the West and depending on how the new additions to the team do, he might win his first.

HurricaneKid
07-16-2013, 01:00 PM

iggy
deng
butler
kirilenko
george

Battier?!?? HA!

Iggy- sure- FIVE years ago.
Deng is always injured and you have his backup on your list too??
Butler- benefits from having Noah behind him
Kirilenko- sure - TEN years ago
George - Seriously??

LeBron is the best defender in the league against the drive and the best defensive helper in the league. He is terrible chasing down shooters.

And his versatility is enormously valuable. It allows Miami to play small ball.

NumberSix
07-16-2013, 02:18 PM
As much as people bitch about Malone getting an MVP that Jordan deserved, don't act like it wasn't payed back.

guy
07-16-2013, 02:38 PM
As much as people bitch about Malone getting an MVP that Jordan deserved, don't act like it wasn't payed back.

Huh? Are you suggesting that 98 belonged to Malone? You could argue it, but its definitely debatable so I wouldn't say anyone was robbed and Jordan didn't deserve it.

russwest0
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM

The only way I see him getting MVP is through injuries to his team. Otherwise it's not likely.

If LeBron gets the DPOY award I might die from laughter. I can name 30-40 guys better at defense than him just off the top of my head

beastee
07-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Unless Durant puts up monster numbers I don't see how Lebron doesn't get it. No Kobe. Howard will need a year to really jive with his team and the Bulls success last season will hurt whatever Rose does in 2013. If CP3 can really put together an amazing season, maybe he gets some looks, but Lebron has finally hit his prime.

JellyBean
07-16-2013, 03:11 PM
I don't see why not.

LBJ 23
07-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Tough to say. People saying that the media will get tired of giving the award every year to him, but this same argument was used before this past season too and look what happened. 27 games winning streak, him shooting above 60% for I don't know how many games, 56% shooting for the season, winning both games against Durant who was on his tail in the MVP race. I certainly didn't expect all this before the 2013 season so it's really tough to say. It more depends on what will Lebron do than what will the media think actually.

Lebron23
07-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes

I think he's gonna increase his scoring averages this year.

poido123
07-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Hes miles ahead of George, Deng and Iggy. The only ones that are debatable are Butler and Kirilenko and neither are as good at help defense and overall team defense.

Iggy is a better defender than Lebron. Lebron is versatile and can play really good defense for spurts in games. He is not consistently a good defender and is terrible at losing his man off the ball.

Let's not get too carried away here :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
07-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Curry and CP3 might have a chance.

so does Melo is the KNicks win like 56 games next season.

poido123
07-16-2013, 11:49 PM

What would you consider close? Any reasonable person would have him in the top 5 this year if he's back at the level he was or better before injury.

Are you assuming with the time Rose has had off with injury, that he didn't improve his jumpshot or watch how the team can operate best around him on his return?

Bulls with number 1 seed and Rose playing well, he has a great chance.

Fresh Kid
07-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Yes because he is NBA's poster child, besides that I think he dont deserve his post Cleveland mvps.

305Baller
07-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Bron has as good a chance as anyone else.

Lebron23
07-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Yes because he is NBA's poster child, besides that I think he dont deserve his post Cleveland mvps.

What??? Best player in the NBA. In the last 10 years he and Durant are the only perimeter players to averaged over 26 ppg on 50 or more FG%. LeBron did it fourth times in a row.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 12:12 AM
What??? Best player in the NBA. In the last 10 years he and Durant are the only perimeter players to averaged over 26 ppg on 50 or more FG%. LeBron did it fourth times in a row.
Yes true but Lebron has too much help which means he don't deserve season MVP trophies

HoopsFanNumero1
07-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Yes true but Lebron has too much help which means he don't deserve season MVP trophies

So how did he not deserve his Cleveland MVPs?

JBrizzy
07-17-2013, 12:16 AM

Best player on the best team. Who would you have given it to for the last two years?

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 12:19 AM
Best player on the best team. Who would you have given it to for the last two years?

Durant and CP3. Durant's obvious, and CP3 single-handedly turned the biggest joke of a franchise into a winning team.

TylerOO
07-17-2013, 12:31 AM
People getting sick of him dominating the league like its nothing, so I'm not sure.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 12:35 AM
So how did he not deserve his Cleveland MVPs?
I say he deserved 09 MVP, 2010 was a toss up, others were laughable.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 12:37 AM
2012- Durant, 2013- C.Anthony