PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins = Next Jordan

Straight_Ballin
07-15-2013, 11:44 PM
Could Wiggens be the next respected face of the NBA since Jordan? Many have tried, only to have failed. Case in point:

Kobe - tried to mirror Jordan, but simply was never as good
Duncan - too fundamental, should get more respect than he gets
Bron - Had a good path, great athlete, but out of the equation because he's too disrespected because of the decision and combining with the 2nd best player at the time. Go wear a "check my stats" shirt or something. Have never seen such a great player so hated by the masses, but it is what it is.

With wiggins, there is hope.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-15-2013, 11:48 PM
He doesn't have the personality to. He's a lot closer to Durant and Duncan in that respect than say, Kobe or LeBron. He's not a robot like Derrick Rose, tho.

che guevara
07-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Anybody who thinks Wiggins has the talent of guys like Jordan, Lebron, or peak T-Mac needs to watch more of him. We've all seen his HS mixtapes, but 90% of people haven't seen him play in an actual game from an NBA camera angle. Watch these videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9_Y7yAOruL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t4aEFeHrjAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EPSITpi3mkE

His athleticism is just flat out not on the level of the all time great wing players. It's also unclear if he can shoot from deep, and he only shot 60% at the FT line as a HS senior. Nothing I've seen so far makes me think this guy is the next generational wing player.

#number6ix#
07-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Let the man play a college game before you peg him as the goat

devin112
07-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Could Wiggens be the next respected face of the NBA since Jordan? Many have tried, only to have failed. Case in point:

Bron - Had a good path, great athlete, but out of the equation because he's too disrespected because of the decision and combining with the 2nd best player at the time. Go wear a "check my stats" shirt or something. Have never seen such a great player so hated by the masses, but it is what it is.

Calls out bron for a nike made shirt but doesnt mention kobes rape case lol.

#number6ix#
07-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Good point:roll:

Straight_Ballin
07-15-2013, 11:56 PM
He has the discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played. The NBA needs hope. He is it.

Straight_Ballin
07-15-2013, 11:57 PM

I was trying to be nice, but yes the rape case was pretty bad.

che guevara
07-16-2013, 12:03 AM
He has the discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played. The NBA needs hope. He is it.
The NBA is stacked with top tier talent right now. Don't know what the hell you're talking about. Lebron's in the middle of his prime and is going to finish as a top 5 player all time, we've got Durant, who's clearly a top 20 player all time talent wise, then you've got Wade, Westbrook, Dwight, Rose, Harden, Dwight, CP3, and Curry, older guys like Kobe and Duncan still playing at a very high level, and second tier stars like Parker, Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, Deron, Carmelo, etc. The NBA is in very good shape right now as far as high end talent goes.

As far as "discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played", sure. He might have that. The problem is that he doesn't have the talent to go along with the discipline and work ethic.

Straight_Ballin
07-16-2013, 12:09 AM
The NBA is stacked with top tier talent right now. Don't know what the hell you're talking about. Lebron's in the middle of his prime and is going to finish as a top 5 player all time, we've got Durant, who's clearly a top 20 player all time talent wise, then you've got Wade, Westbrook, Dwight, Rose, Harden, Dwight, CP3, and Curry, older guys like Kobe and Duncan still playing at a very high level, and second tier stars like Parker, Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, Deron, Carmelo, etc. The NBA is in very good shape right now as far as high end talent goes.

As far as "discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played", sure. He might have that. The problem is that he doesn't have the talent to go along with the discipline and work ethic.

Come again? You realize how many people stopped watching the NBA since Jordan stopped playing? You realize how much of the younger generation would rather watch Jordan tape than current NBA? Check the viewer ratings.

sundizz
07-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Viewer ratings mean nothing. This is the internet age. I watch games on league pass broadband, not on tv. Also, I do this from outside the US. Basketball is shown on 3 different channels in China. The amount of actual fans has increased since Jordan left. He made the game more popular, but technology has made the game more accessible. I am in Korea right now, and everytime I go play hoops everyone is always talking about the NBA.

WayOfWade
07-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Give me Jabari Parker

thabisyo
07-16-2013, 12:43 AM

I swear, when people go shitting on silly things about lebron, they forget that kobe was accused of rape. They will be shitting on Drose but forget the rape :lol

Id rather have a robot like Drose or a shirt wearing lebron or egomaniac like jordan in my family than a rapist :confusedshrug:

Straight_Ballin
07-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Viewer ratings mean nothing. This is the internet age. I watch games on league pass broadband, not on tv. Also, I do this from outside the US. Basketball is shown on 3 different channels in China. The amount of actual fans has increased since Jordan left. He made the game more popular, but technology has made the game more accessible. I am in Korea right now, and everytime I go play hoops everyone is always talking about the NBA.

That is not the case in the states. Courts out here are not filled up like they were in the 90's. You can partially blame technology for that.

Solid Snake
07-16-2013, 01:35 AM

When has Duncan EVER been compared to Jordan??

Kuma
07-16-2013, 01:55 AM
So many people are going to be suicidal when this guy becomes Demar DeRozen II.

veilside23
07-16-2013, 03:42 AM
So many people are going to be suicidal when this guy becomes Demar DeRozen II.

LoL...:applause: good thing you are not a scout... :facepalm

you will commit suicide if your team doesnt get him and he dominates for a long time

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2013, 04:09 AM
People have insanely high expectation for the kid. Odds are he's not gonna be a better player than Kevin Durant let alone MJ. I'm Canadian btw and really hope he does well but people are going overboard.

devin112
07-16-2013, 05:06 AM

Nah man, the tee shirt Bron was wearing is way worse then rape.

devin112
07-16-2013, 05:09 AM

Nah man, an egotistical t-shirt is worse then rape. Rape > Egotistical t-shirt. lol thanks for the laughs

FreezingTsmoove
07-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Anybody who thinks Wiggins has the talent of guys like Jordan, Lebron, or peak T-Mac needs to watch more of him. We've all seen his HS mixtapes, but 90% of people haven't seen him play in an actual game from an NBA camera angle. Watch these videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9_Y7yAOruL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t4aEFeHrjAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EPSITpi3mkE

His athleticism is just flat out not on the level of the all time great wing players. It's also unclear if he can shoot from deep, and he only shot 60% at the FT line as a HS senior. Nothing I've seen so far makes me think this guy is the next generational wing player.

Russell Westbrook shot 54% percent from the FT line in COLLEGE

STATUTORY
07-16-2013, 09:22 AM
I swear, when people go shitting on silly things about lebron, they forget that kobe was accused of rape. They will be shitting on Drose but forget the rape :lol

Id rather have a robot like Drose or a shirt wearing lebron or egomaniac like jordan in my family than a rapist :confusedshrug:

accused of rape... not convicted, not prosecuted, not GUILTY. and we acting like it's something worth mentioning?

and on topic no. Wiggins wn't be anywhere near the Kobe and MJ of the world. Upper body too narrow

Inactive
07-16-2013, 09:38 AM
He's a singular prodigy, like nothing humanity has ever produced. He will completely eradicate his enemies by simply playing a game. Unfortunately once he realizes that his actions have real world consequences, he'll retire into obscurity, unable to cope with his guilt. Luckily Bean will still be around, playing a big role, on the big stage.

alenleomessi
07-16-2013, 09:57 AM
im sure kobe d*ckriders will never like this kid since he will most likely take out kobe off the top 10 all time list.

Frozen1
07-16-2013, 10:08 AM
This guy is getting too much hype.

Mixes on youtube don

madmax
07-16-2013, 10:10 AM
more like the next T-Mac in best case scenario, but that is still nothing to sneeze at I guess:cheers:

KOBE143
07-16-2013, 10:23 AM

:facepalm

Phil Jackson said "Kobe's as good as Michael" so stop with that nonsense crap Kobe was never as good as MJ.. Even the Zen Master believes Kobe = MJ..

K Xerxes
07-16-2013, 10:29 AM
:facepalm

Phil Jackson said "Kobe's as good as Michael" so stop with that nonsense crap Kobe was never as good as MJ.. Even the Zen Master believes Kobe = MJ..

He tried to be politically correct after coming out with the truth:

[QUOTE]

cavsfanatic
07-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Jordan didn't have a spotless record. Addicted to gambling, that many believe led to his fathers death. Black people were mad at Jordan because he didn't use his voice to speak out. When asked why he doesn't use his voice he said "Republicans buy shoes too"

Learn the history before you speak. Magic cheated on his wife, got HIV, and he still one of the best reps of the league of all time.

LOL @ people really thinking Jordan had no criticism off the court :roll:

OldSkoolball#52
07-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Jordan didn't have a spotless record. Addicted to gambling, that many believe led to his fathers death. Black people were mad at Jordan because he didn't use his voice to speak out. When asked why he doesn't use his voice he said "Republicans buy shoes too"

Learn the history before you speak. Magic cheated on his wife, got HIV, and he still one of the best reps of the league of all time.

LOL @ people really thinking Jordan had no criticism off the court :roll:

I think the main point that you are overlooking here is that none of that is as bad as raping a hotel employee in a town youre playing an away game in.

branslowski
07-16-2013, 12:11 PM
I hope so. He reminds me of a Kobe/Wade mixture, I have high hopes for him.:applause:

Jordan Era-Kobe Era-LeBron Era-Wiggins Era :bowdown: :bowdown:

IGOTGAME
07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
im sure kobe d*ckriders will never like this kid since he will most likely take out kobe off the top 10 all time list.
im rooting for the kid but you are acting silly. guy has a lot of wholes in his game when compared to the all time great guards at a similar age. Guy can't even hit free throws at a respectable rate...I've been following him for years and I'm a huge fan but calm down. ESPN is going to far with the hype...

Jailblazers7
07-16-2013, 12:20 PM
What is the point of anointing someone "the next Jordan" when people who actually come close (Kobe and Lebron) just end up getting dissed once they reach their peak? Even if Wiggins has a great career people will say he still isn't as good as MJ and will then anoint another HS kid "the next Jordan" 10 years from now.

IGOTGAME
07-16-2013, 12:23 PM
What is the point of anointing someone "the next Jordan" when people who actually come close (Kobe and Lebron) just end up getting dissed once they reach their peak? Even if Wiggins has a great career people will say he still isn't as good as MJ and will then anoint another HS kid "the next Jordan" 10 years from now.

tbf, there is no guarantee that he will even be the best player to come out in the next 5 years let alone the history of the game.

Kingwillball
07-16-2013, 12:26 PM
I know this much in HS Lebron>Wiggins and not even a discussion. Wiggins is not the best thing since sliced bread. I would be shocked if this kid comes right out of HS or 1 yr in college and averages 20 ppg his rookie year.

Jailblazers7
07-16-2013, 12:33 PM
tbf, there is no guarantee that he will even be the best player to come out in the next 5 years let alone the history of the game.

I agree. He is obviously a great raw talent but I'm not sold on the massive hype either.

I just think the trend of labeling people "the next Jordan" needs to stop when we all know the kid when never get a fair comparison to MJ even if he makes it to that level. MJ had the perfect storybook career and ESPN/sports media took that story and made him a living god. No one will have have the same type of career arch or narrative.

Marchesk
06-21-2019, 01:39 PM
I hope so. He reminds me of a Kobe/Wade mixture, I have high hopes for him.:applause:

Jordan Era-Kobe Era-LeBron Era-Wiggins Era :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bump

stalkerforlife
06-21-2019, 01:46 PM
OP was a great poster.

Too bad he left us.

Patrick Chewing
06-21-2019, 01:47 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1guRIRFV5gN4ikrUakg/giphy.gif

LAmbruh
06-21-2019, 01:50 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheCorporation
06-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Ego killer hot take :eek:

TheCorporation
06-21-2019, 02:14 PM
OP was a great poster.

Too bad he left us.

2016 was not kind to pwssy boi haters

RRR3
06-21-2019, 02:36 PM
OP was a great poster.

Too bad he left us.
He’s still here.

stalkerforlife
06-21-2019, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]He

FKAri
06-21-2019, 03:19 PM
OP turned out to be right

scuzzy
06-21-2019, 03:46 PM
yikes!

:yaohappy:

egokiller
06-21-2019, 03:51 PM
Wish I could have been around when this guy posted. From what I heard he talked shit about Cleveland so we definitely would have went at it. If you don

TheCorporation
06-21-2019, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Wish I could have been around when this guy posted. From what I heard he talked shit about Cleveland so we definitely would have went at it. If you don

TheCorporation
06-21-2019, 05:54 PM
I just realized something amazing. Ego killer ( straight ballin) probably made his alt because he was ready to rip into LeBron for losing the championship. But then when he won he had to abandon his other account and use this new one

egokiller
06-21-2019, 06:03 PM
The obsession continues. Why not just post on your RRR3 account?

TheCorporation
06-21-2019, 06:37 PM
The obsession continues. Why not just post on your RRR3 account?

I will once you post on your Straight Alltin account

warriorfan
06-21-2019, 06:38 PM
EK and straight ballin arnt the same person. They are both Cleveland guys though.

TheCorporation
06-21-2019, 06:41 PM
EK and straight ballin arnt the same person. They are both Cleveland guys though.

Just like you, Walk on Water, and Real Skip Bayless aren't the same, right?

:lol

LAmbruh
06-21-2019, 06:43 PM
damn, makes sense why OP abandoned this account

all these stink bomb he delivered floating around

not quite as bad as putting banned under your username because people exposed your shoebox living condition

but still

egokiller
06-21-2019, 06:43 PM

:roll:
^
This guy with 10 alts thinks warriorfan has alts.

egokiller
06-21-2019, 06:46 PM
damn, makes sense why OP abandoned this account

all these stink bomb he delivered floating around

not quite as bad as putting banned under your username because people exposed your shoebox living condition

but still

Didn

LAmbruh
06-21-2019, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Didn

stalkerforlife
06-21-2019, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Didn

scuzzy
06-21-2019, 06:49 PM
weird you connected shoebox living to Warriorfan

no names even needed :yaohappy:

https://media.giphy.com/media/GV3aYiEP8qbao/giphy.gif
ouch :oldlol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/zNXvBiNNcrjDW/giphy.gif

stalkerforlife
06-21-2019, 06:50 PM
ouch :oldlol:

Brought out an alt.

LMFAO.

egokiller
06-21-2019, 06:50 PM

Another one!

Wait...

Another won!

warriorfan
06-21-2019, 07:01 PM
Lmao

Wheels with another paranoid meltdown. Big time projection. I

TheBranStan
06-21-2019, 07:03 PM

Boom! :lol

Uncle Drew
06-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Wish I could have been around when this guy posted. From what I heard he talked shit about Cleveland so we definitely would have went at it. If you don’t like it in CLE don’t let the door hit you on the way out. He seems to have understood that MJ was GOAT at least.
Pathetic behaviour from a 50 year old. Just come clean, this is the worst kept secret. We're all friends here, this is a safe space. You can be honest with us. We are your friends and it hurts to see you suffer from DID.

stalkerforlife
06-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Pathetic behaviour from a 50 year old. Just come clean, this is the worst kept secret. We're all friends here, this is a safe space. You can be honest with us. We are your friends and it hurts to see you suffering from DID.

What the hell?

You need help, Simon.

Uncle Drew
06-21-2019, 07:08 PM
What the hell?

You need help, Simon.
Your autism is overflowing again, be careful.

red1
06-21-2019, 07:32 PM
good lord wiggins is trash. definitely not 2019 champ™ material.

my condolences whoever gets this guy next.

egokiller
06-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Pathetic behaviour from a 50 year old. Just come clean, this is the worst kept secret. We're all friends here, this is a safe space. You can be honest with us. We are your friends and it hurts to see you suffer from DID.

We know you are lonely Simon with you being the only poster that still uses alts. There are other ways to address your loneliness by other means than these false alt claims. :no:

Manny98
06-21-2019, 07:58 PM
Egokiller on full damage control itt :oldlol:

RealSkipBayless
06-21-2019, 08:04 PM

alts :mad:
alts :(
alts :cry:

scuzzy
06-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Egokiller on full damage control itt :oldlol:
didn't take long to smoke the rabbit out of the hole:oldlol:

ClipperRevival
06-25-2019, 12:08 AM
What a waste of talent. I mean this guy is the prototypical wing. If you had to draw a guy up from scratch, this guy wouldn't be far off athletically. He's that special talent wise. Has it all to be an absolute GOAT tier defender and just go over the top of people offensively.

Just doesn't have that passion for the game. And that's literally everything. He isn't squeezing every ounce of talent out of his body. Probably getting like 60-70%.

Wally450
06-25-2019, 09:39 AM
Straight_Ballin you can expect to post in this thread propping himself up. :lol

King Baron
06-25-2019, 10:32 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Gus Hemmingway
06-25-2019, 10:33 AM
:roll: :roll:

Hey Yo
06-25-2019, 10:44 AM

https://i.gifer.com/origin/aa/aad5656500df6e046105cd9c2013e3cf_w200.gif

Marchesk
06-25-2019, 10:55 AM
What a waste of talent. I mean this guy is the prototypical wing. If you had to draw a guy up from scratch, this guy wouldn't be far off athletically. He's that special talent wise. Has it all to be an absolute GOAT tier defender and just go over the top of people offensively.

This is what I meant back when people where hyping Wiggins up based on his athletic and offensive potential. Maybe it's a little hyperbolic to say he was as hyped as Zion is now, but there was quite a bit of excitement over Wiggins potential. And not just out of HS or college, but his first couple years in the league. People kept saying, yeah, but he's only 21!

And he is still young at 24.

Lebron23
08-29-2020, 01:03 PM
And he is back again.

Kiddlovesnets
08-29-2020, 01:15 PM
Jordan's talent/potential, Olowokandi's working ethics...

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 01:20 PM
And he is back again.

He's always been here my friend. He was ego killer for a while, but maybe the smoke has settled and he can show his pathetic face after the 2016 GOAT chip.

Imagine how much pain and misery it caused the li fella to be a Lebron hater in 2016 and live in Cleveland.

SouBeachTalents
08-29-2020, 01:21 PM
OP turned out to be right
:oldlol:

Axe
08-29-2020, 06:16 PM
And he is back again.
Is he carrying the warriors to a championship

FireDavidKahn
08-29-2020, 08:55 PM
Jordan's talent/potential, Olowokandi's working ethics...

This mother****er just said that Wiggins was as talented as Jordan:roll:

Lebron23
09-27-2020, 08:16 PM

Such a terrible prediction. Wiggins is not even better than Prime Latrell sprewell

Lebron23
10-20-2020, 09:25 AM
Lmao

Trollsmasher
10-20-2020, 09:31 AM
to be fair 4 rpg and 2 apg are very Jordanesque

pandiani17
10-20-2020, 11:23 AM
This is what I meant back when people where hyping Wiggins up based on his athletic and offensive potential. Maybe it's a little hyperbolic to say he was as hyped as Zion is now, but there was quite a bit of excitement over Wiggins potential. And not just out of HS or college, but his first couple years in the league. People kept saying, yeah, but he's only 21!

And he is still young at 24.

On HS was hyped nearly as much as Zion. Then he didn't meet up the expectations in KU, but people were still saying he was the next big superstar. People who don't believe this should check out youtube videos from those days and the comments section. By the way, there was also a big hype around Jabari Parker. Funnily enough, six seasons have gone by and none of them has made even an all-star team.

CTbasketball92
10-20-2020, 01:35 PM
I was big on Wiggins and by the time he got done with KU I was convinced he could be a 2015-2016 Paul George-level player. Even after his second year in the NBA I had no doubt he could eventually be as good as DeMar Derozan.

Wiggins is just an example of putting too much emphasis on athleticism. Watching his games in high school and even college, he drifted a lot and there was probably never a time in high school where he was legitimately the actual best player, just seemingly the player with the most potential. People think you can teach handles, game sense, passing and shooting, but we forget that those are also unique talents. Wiggins essentially has limited basketball skills talent. He's always looked awkward dribbling the ball and something about his hips and his movements are very stiff. If someone like Kyrie irving or Kobe Bryant have a 100 in "wiggle," Wiggins is like a 40. His pacing is off and he plays in one gear. Has no natural court sense. His defensive awareness is nill even after all these years. He's a bad passer. His jumper is just okay, which would be okay if he could use his athleticism to attack more. Even now it feels less likely than not that he would've become significantly above average as a scorer or defender by now, but this dude just doesn't have the talent level skill wise to do it.

But even before hindsight, it was a massive, massive reach to say this guy was the next MJ. he literally has zero of the skills MJ, LeBron or Kobe had. Like it's not even close. Do people think MJ, Kobe and LeBron came in as just raw athletes and figured out the rest later? No. MJ was a great shooter and had a tight handle from the jump, as did Kobe. LeBron was a great playmaker/passer from day 1 and he could hit floaters and had an array of finishing moves Wiggins never did. His handle was also much better.

Kiddlovesnets
10-20-2020, 07:26 PM
Seems that it only happens in NBA 2K nowadays.

Lebron23
02-17-2021, 01:00 PM
Brought out an alt.

LMFAO.

Such a terrible prediction.