PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Heat will amnesty Mike Miller today

bagelred
07-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 8m
Just said this on @TheTicketMiami: from what I am hearing from multiple sources, the Heat are likely to amnesty Mike Miller today.

Will save Miami lots o' cash.

chosen_one6
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
About time.

DuMa
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
the shoeless shot will forever remain in miami's history of lore

alenleomessi
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
would have been good for him to retire after a 3peat but oh well...

Bandito
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM
would have been good for him to retire after a 3peat but oh well...
Well you can thank you know who for choking:hammerhead:

beastee
07-16-2013, 02:47 PM
What will they look to do with the extra money? Bank for next year to help out the bloating deals?

HurricaneKid
07-16-2013, 02:48 PM
What will they look to do with the extra money? Bank for next year to help out the bloating deals?

They get almost no benefit outside of saving significant tax $$$. They don't get back his salary spot.

Levity
07-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Time to bring back Jorts??!?!?

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 02:50 PM
That's fine. I like him and all but James Jones is a lot cheaper

nathanjizzle
07-16-2013, 02:52 PM
whos going to save lebron now? the heat are unraveling

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Will save Miami lots o' cash.

come to LAL for min bro

MJ(Mean John)
07-16-2013, 02:55 PM
That's fine. I like him and all but James Jones is a lot cheaper

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/j4oRLWy7niU

Sent from my iPhone

Fudge
07-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Well, damn. Who's gonna bail out LeBron now when they get to the Finals next season? Way too much for Battier and Ray to handle.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 02:57 PM
DIdn't expect this.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Joel Anthony was more deserving at 8 million over the next two seasons. Miller at least gives Miami something, even if it's just in the playoffs. Anthony gives them absolutely nothing and at 4 million a year. I understand they went with Miller because he makes more so they save more, but still, you could at least count of Miller to hit big shots in the playoffs and stretch the floor.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/j4oRLWy7niU

Sent from my iPhone

Dude can actually sing :bowdown:

him and Kareem Rush need to work on something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9sSzGhewY

NumberSix
07-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Miami Heat legend.

Nash
07-16-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm actually quite bummed about this. I loved Mike Miller. Let it fly!

bagelred
07-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Someone WILL make a partial bid on Mike Miller. He won't reach Unrestricted Free Agency.

jzek
07-16-2013, 03:04 PM
2012 co-FMVP :cry:

kamil
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Well you can thank you know who for choking:hammerhead:

ZING!

PJR
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
14 million saved in luxury tax payments. And considering you have James Jones and Rashard Lewis back, two capable floor spacers making the minimum, made too much sense. Ray, Jones, and Lewis combined don't make what Miller makes.

Wish Mike well. This move was inevitable. He'll probably be claimed by some team.

tazb
07-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Respect :applause:. He's going to comeback the year after and retire as a Heat.

Nash
07-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Him and Lebron were good friends. I'm guessing Arison's penny pinching isn't gonna go well with the big 3. Expect Lebron to Brooklyn and Prokhorov.

They should have amnestied Joel Anthony who's probably the worst player in the NBA.

OldSkoolball#52
07-16-2013, 03:08 PM
the shoeless shot will forever remain in miami's history of lore

This.

Redundant sentence, but true nonetheless.

Jon_Koncak
Cheap ass owners.Prok laughs at them.

fatboy11
14 million saved in luxury tax payments. And considering you have James Jones and Rashard Lewis back, two capable floor spacers making the minimum, made too much sense. Ray, Jones, and Lewis combined don't make what Miller makes.

Wish Mike well. He'll probably be claimed by some team.

Do they have the stones to hit the shots that Miller did the last two Finals? No doubt they could get them back in the regular season, but Miller's came up big in the Finals both years. Considering how nearly Miami squeaked out of the Finals this year, might not be the best move to take away a proven big shot maker. You get less savings with Joel Anthony but you also lose absolutely nothing now that Birdman gets all of his minutes.

All Net
07-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Makes sense..

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

Miller amnesty will save MIA approximately $15M this season. Using it on Anthony would have saved about $9.5M.

One could argue that he offensive rebound that Miller got in Game 6 was easily worth 5.5 million dollars to the Miami Heat franchise, no?

jzek
07-16-2013, 03:11 PM
They should have amnestied Joel Anthony who's probably the worst player in the NBA.

Joel barely played last playoffs whereas Miller was co-hero in the clinching game last year and picked up for Wade+Battier when they were struggling.

First WTF move by Pat 'Godfather' Riley. :wtf:

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Joel barely played last playoffs whereas Miller was co-hero in the clinching game last year and picked up for Wade+Battier when they were struggling.

Wasn't Riley's call. In fact, he had said they wouldn't amnesty anyone. Obviously got overruled by the owner (who bitched big time about the luxury tax penalties during the CBA negotiations).

Solefade
07-16-2013, 03:13 PM

It wasn't Pat's decision, he clearly expressed that he wanted to keep Miller and the rest of the team intact.

protox
07-16-2013, 03:14 PM
I remember seeing a lot of Heat fans saying Arison would be willing to pay the tax. (Maybe that was another forum)nWell this proves he isn't. Only one true baller in the NBA. The Russian. :lol

IncarceratedBob
07-16-2013, 03:15 PM
He's done in the NBA

Bandito
07-16-2013, 03:16 PM
I remember seeing a lot of Heat fans saying Arison would be willing to pay the tax. (Maybe that was another forum)nWell this proves he isn't. Only one true baller in the NBA. The Russian. :lol
More like deep pockets, mafia style!:bowdown:

Blue&Orange
07-16-2013, 03:17 PM
And this is why i was against Knicks signing mwp. If you gonna sign him, at least sign him when there's nobody else.

Graviton
07-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Wasn't Riley's call. In fact, he had said they wouldn't amnesty anyone. Obviously got overruled by the owner (who bitched big time about the luxury tax penalties during the CBA negotiations).
Jesus isn't the Heat owner a billionaire? Guy should learn from Prokorov, stop being such a cheapass over millions when you will make it back in no time. If the Heat don't 3peat because some big time shooter was missing it will be a shame.

Nash
I'm guessing Miami got another guard lined up? Mo Williams?

Feck, I loved Mike Miller. Best 3 point shooter in the league, that 3 pointer of his was so clean. Teams would be stupid not to get him.

Twiens
Thank god, probably the purest shooter in the league. One of the contenders will pick him up.

Graviton
07-16-2013, 03:20 PM
If the Nets beat the Heat, some funny memes can be created with Prokorov laughing at Arison with some text saying "I got 99 problems but the luxury tax ain't one". :oldlol:

Goldrush25
07-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Jesus isn't the Heat owner a billionaire? Guy should learn from Prokorov, stop being such a cheapass over millions when you will make it back in no time. If the Heat don't 3peat because some big time shooter was missing it will be a shame.

Yeah but Prokorov is about 4 times the billionaire that Arison is.

All Net
07-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Wonder if thismmeans miami uses their MLE

Nash
07-16-2013, 03:22 PM
He is, but he's extremely cheap and was bitching about the luxury tax all the time. The big 3 and their success with all these championships and finals appearances, and obviously having Lebron was making him so much freakin' money. Keeping Mike Miller who was one of the gang and part of this whole thing since the beginning and who was a contributor to the last championship should have been easy for him.

Believe me, Prokhorov is watching this and is getting a boner about the possibility of getting Lebron next year. His willingness to pay will interest Lebron.

All Net
07-16-2013, 03:23 PM

Huh? He is duh.. Hense why the big 3 are still together.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 03:23 PM

I'd tend to agree when you're talking about a championship franchise, but it's also not my $15 million dollars to save. That's usually how guys like that get and stay rich.

I think everyone understands that Mike Miller isn't worth 6+ million a year considering he's worthless in the regular season and most of the playoffs, but he does show up in the Finals. Guys like that are who really win you championships. The stars are always going to carry the team, it's the guys like Miller that make big plays to put you over the top. Joel Anthony was giving them NOTHING. I get that he wants to save some money. Probably couldn't have met Riley (didn't want to amnesty anyone) halfway and done Anthony.

Graviton
07-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah but Prokorov is about 4 times the billionaire that Arison is.
Google tells me Mickey is worth 5.9 billion and Prokorov 13, so it's not that big of a gap. Unless Prokorov is actually even richer than that and has some underground networks and hidden assets, for some reason he is the only billionaire owner that doesn't give a shit. Not even the Microsoft owner of the Blazers that's worth like 20+ billion is that carefree. Prok may be on Bill Gates level. :lol

Blue&Orange
07-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Also.

Heat 2014-15

Bosh
Wade
Lebron
Haslem
Joel
Cole
Andersen

7 players, 4 of questionable quality, Payroll ~$72 mil

Big three are done, Bosh will be traded. Expect Bosh to be featured by the Heat this season. Got to raise his stock.

jzek
07-16-2013, 03:26 PM
I don't get how things like these get done. OK, this wasn't Riley's call but he should have shown the tape when Miller made SEVEN 3 pointers to help clinch the title for MIA last year or his impact in this year's playoffs when he was inserted into the lineup. And just before leaving the meeting, Riley should have shown Arison the shoeless 3 to show how valuable Miller is (not to mention how he doesn't back down from pressure).

If you're going to amnesty somebody, amnesty someone who has had ZERO impact on the floor the past two years (Joel).

Someone link me a bigger facepalm pic so I can use it here...

PJR
07-16-2013, 03:28 PM
He is, but he's extremely cheap and was bitching about the luxury tax all the time. The big 3 and their success with all these championships and finals appearances, and obviously having Lebron was making him so much freakin' money. Keeping Mike Miller who was one of the gang and part of this whole thing since the beginning and who was a contributor to the last championship should have been easy for him.

Believe me, Prokhorov is watching this and is getting a boner about the possibility of getting Lebron next year. His willingness to pay will interest Lebron.

You're clueless

jzek
07-16-2013, 03:31 PM
And considering you have James Jones and Rashard Lewis back, two capable floor spacers making the minimum, made too much sense.

How much impact did these two have in this year's playoffs? :roll:

Goldrush25
07-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Google tells me Mickey is worth 5.9 billion and Prokorov 13, so it's not that big of a gap. Unless Prokorov is actually even richer than that and has some underground networks and hidden assets, for some reason he is the only billionaire owner that doesn't give a shit. Not even the Microsoft owner of the Blazers that's worth like 20+ billion is that carefree. Prok may be on Bill Gates level. :lol

I've read different valuations. Last one I saw had Arison at $4 billion and Prokorov at $16 billion. Even still, $13 billion is a hell of a lot more than $5.9.

Twiens
07-16-2013, 03:34 PM

Exactly, you don't amnesty the best shooter in the NBA while going for a 3peat...:oldlol:

jzek
07-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Exactly, you don't amnesty the best shooter in the NBA while going for a 3peat...:oldlol:

Even with Miller's bad back last year, James Jones still couldn't get any playing time over the hobbling Miller!

Nash
07-16-2013, 03:36 PM
You're clueless
Maybe I am, but Pat Riley had exactly the same thoughts about the luxury tax and what kinda revenues this successful Miami Heat brings.

Let's see what will happen, rumours say that Miami have been trying to get a trade done with teams for the last couple of days but couldn't get anything going and ended up amnestying him.

Nash
07-16-2013, 03:38 PM
And I agree with everyone who says that Mike Miller is the best shooter in the league(after Curry). Keep him on the bench for half a season, or him having a 90 year olds back.. he will still come in and knock down those 3 pointers with so much ease.

I loved the fella and I hear Udonis Haslem is taking this amnesty of Miller really hard.

PJR
07-16-2013, 03:39 PM

How much did Mike Miller? *shrugs*. Miller wasn't even in the rotation for a significant portion of the post season. He only really played during the Finals.

Don't get me wrong Miller is a better option, but the finacials play a part. Jones and Lewis are better cost values. They are veterans who will be given more expanded roles next year.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
How much did Mike Miller? *shrugs*. Miller wasn't even in the rotation for a significant portion of the post season. He only really played during the Finals.

Don't get me wrong Miller is a better option, but the finacials play a part. Jones and Lewis are better cost values. They are veterans who will be given more expanded roles next year.
That's the point. He played well when they needed him the most. We don't know if current Rashard and Battier can do that.

Take Your Lumps
07-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Mike Miller is that Toyota Corolla you drive into the ground, never changing the oil, doors are falling off...before just saying "**** it!!" and abandoning it on the side of the road.

Kurosawa0
07-16-2013, 03:50 PM
The reason they probably went for Miller instead of Anthony is that Miller had a player option for 2014-2015 for about $7 million. Miami needs as much flexibility as possible trying to rebuild then.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Mike Miller scored 0 points in game 7 of the Finals. Guess how many Battier scored? And Orange and Blue might be the most bitter poster on ISH

jzek
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
He only really played during the Finals.

EXACTLY! That's why he's so valuable! He always always ALWAYS shows up in the Finals when Miami needs someone else to step up the most!

* 7 three pointers last year in the clinching game.
* Shoeless shot this year.

Plus his impact when he was inserted into the starting lineup DEEP IN THE PLAYOFFS!

What are Anthony's, Lewis', Howard's, and Jones' impact last year and this year in the Finals and throughout the playoffs? Go on, list them... :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 03:55 PM
EXACTLY! That's why he's so valuable! He always always ALWAYS shows up in the Finals when Miami needs someone else to step up the most!

* 7 three pointers last year in the clinching game.
* Shoeless shot this year.

Plus his impact when he was inserted into the starting lineup DEEP IN THE PLAYOFFS!

What are Anthony's, Lewis', and Jones' impact last year and this year in the Finals and throughout the playoffs? Go on, list them... :lol

Dude, you were the same guy who made the thread about Durant>>>LeBron when the Heat were trailing the Spurs in the Finals.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Mike Miller scored 0 points in game 7 of the Finals. Guess how many Battier scored? And Orange and Blue might be the most bitter poster on ISH

The Heat won the NBA championship when they won Game 6 and everyone knew it. He was huge in that game. Once the Spurs choked Game 6 away, it was obvious the Heat would win Game 7.

8 points, 7 rebounds in Game 6 (offensive rebound late in regulation that allowed Bron to hit a big 3).

23 points, 5 rebounds, 7/8 from 3 in series-clinching Game 6 last season.

Battier came up big, too, but Miller's had the more pivotal moments the last two Finals, clearly. They should have amnestied Joel Anthony.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
The Heat won the NBA championship when they won Game 6 and everyone knew it. He was huge in that game. Once the Spurs choked Game 6 away, it was obvious the Heat would win Game 7.

8 points, 7 rebounds in Game 6 (offensive rebound late in regulation that allowed Bron to hit a big 3).

Battier came up big, too, but Miller's had the more pivotal moments the last two Finals, clearly. They should have amnestied Joel Anthony.

It was a two point game with over 20 seconds left.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM

That which team won?

San Antonio blew their shot. You can't do that against a team like Miami.

gasolina
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Grizzlies need to get Miller back in Memphis. We desperately need a shooter and a backup SF.

Come home Mike!

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Grizzlies need to get Miller back in Memphis. We desperately need a shooter and a backup SF.

Come home Mike!

I don't know how well that would work out for Memphis. Miller was perfect for Miami because they only needed him for 2 or 3 games in June each year and he's always be ready. Memphis would need much more of out him.

pegasus
07-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Come to Chicago! You can never have too many shooters.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:05 PM
That which team won?

San Antonio blew their shot. You can't do that against a team like Miami.

All im saying is that saying it was "obvious" Miami would win game 7 is false. Only 5 Heat players scored and it was close throughout the whole game.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:07 PM

And that's actually not true.

San Antonio made it a 2 point game with 2 minutes left and never scored again. At 42 seconds, it was a 2 point game.

Like I said, San Antonio just didn't have the juice to make up for Game 6.

hawkfan
07-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Why didn't they simply trade Joel Anthony? Expirer on a big and they wouldn't have to take a contract back.
Mike Miller was worth the money for the playoffs.
Big mistake by Miami.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:09 PM
And that's actually not true.

San Antonio made it a 2 point game with 2 minutes left and never scored again. At 42 seconds, it was a 2 point game.

Like I said, San Antonio just didn't have the juice to make up for Game 6.

My mistake with that. But you aren't going to get me to agree with you about it being "obvious" Miami was going to win. So lets move along.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:10 PM
All im saying is that saying it was "obvious" Miami would win game 7 is false. Only 5 Heat players scored and it was close throughout the whole game.

I don't see how that doesn't make my statement any less true. I never said it was obvious they'd blow them out, just that they would win. Any long-time sports fan could see that. The way the Spurs choked at the end of Game 6, there was no way they could bully out a victory in Game 7 and that's what happened. Yeah, it was close, but they didn't have what it took. Mike Miller was a HUGE reason why there was even a Game 7. It doesn't matter than he didn't score in that game. No offensive rebound at the end of Game 6 = Spurs championship.

ILLsmak
07-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Makes sense..

He was big for them in the Finals (altho inconsistent.)

-Smak

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Why didn't they simply trade Joel Anthony? Expirer on a big and they wouldn't have to take a contract back.
Mike Miller was worth the money for the playoffs.
Big mistake by Miami.

He has a PO for next season. He wasn't an expirer.

PJR
07-16-2013, 04:12 PM
lol @ dudes making a big deal out of this.

Acting like the Heat still don't have glut of shooters/floor spacers going into next season.

Allen, Battier, Jones, Lewis, Chalmers.

And with this move, the Heat will probably use the Mini-Mid Level. Dalembert potentially comes into play for Miami now. I'll take that trade off, if such were to come to fruition.

Loved Mike's contributions once he got his health in order, but he was going to cost 30 Million in luxury payments(over the next two seasons). And obviously, he isn't close to being worth that. Micky Arison is rich, and he became rich for a reason. Operating businesses at a loss isn't one of them.

The new CBA taking it's effect. It brought the Heat Birdman, but lost us Mike Miller.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:15 PM
lol @ dudes making a big deal out of this.

Acting like the Heat still don't have glut of shooters/floor spacers going into next season.

Allen, Battier, Jones, Lewis, Chalmers.

And with this move, the Heat will probably use the Mini-Mid Level. Dalembert potentially comes into play for Miami now. I'll take that trade off if such were to come to fruition.

Loved Mike's contributions once he got his health in order, but he was going to cost the 30 Million in luxury payments. And obviously, he isn't close to being worth that. Micky Arison is rich, and he became rich for a reason. Operating businesses at a loss isn't one of them.

The new CBA taking it's effect. It brought the Heat Birdman, but lost us Mike Miller.

Let's see who/if there is a replacement. If there isn't, it's a bad move. No way around it. Rashard Lewis and James Jones aren't going have the guts Miller did, even if they are healthier. Joel Anthony is collecting splinters on that Heat bench and there was just a 5.5 million dollar difference in the savings. You have to consider value there, I'd think. Arison looked only at cost. You have to compromise.

hawkfan
07-16-2013, 04:16 PM
The Hawks can pick him up on the waiver wire for the minimum - we're under the cap and we haven't used the pickup yet.

It would be for 2 years which isn't bad.

Then we can waive DeShawn Stevensen.

Or Miller might tell every team he just wants to retire.

tomtucker
07-16-2013, 04:16 PM

all true..............could they really not have have amnestied someone else then miller ! :rant

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Let's see who/if there is a replacement. If there isn't, it's a bad move. No way around it. Rashard Lewis and James Jones aren't going have the guts Miller did, even if they are healthier. Joel Anthony is collecting splinters on that Heat bench and there was just a 5.5 million dollar difference in the savings. You have to consider value there, I'd think. Arison looked only at cost. You have to compromise.
'Shard has the guts. He's the Cleveland killer. I just don't know if he can do it anymore. He's way past his prime.
The people arguing that Miller wasn't important are being ridiculous though. Do they really trust JJ to be making those shots?

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
07-16-2013, 04:19 PM
I think the Lakers found their starting SF.

KingLeBronJames
07-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Sad day in Miami. Miller made a impact for his hometown team. I wish him the best.

PJR
07-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Joel Anthony's meager 3.8 million salary can be traded with draft pick consideration attached to him, Miller at nearly 7 million couldn't. That's what came into play when choosing between those two.

Pat Riley was able to dump Marcus Banks. He can dump Joel Anthony if it were to ever need to happen.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
So Miami wins a title with a hurt Wade and Bosh playing like shit the last two rounds. But cutting Miller will end the 3 peat.

Ok.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:37 PM
So Miami wins a title with a hurt Wade and Bosh playing like shit the last two rounds. But cutting Miller will end the 3 peat.

Ok.

It doesn't necessarily end the 3 peat, but it takes away a guy that's came up big in the last two NBA Finals. It all depends on who they replace him with, I guess. Miller made some really big plays for them.

There's plenty of guys out there that they could replace him with, though. I just don't think James Jones and Rashard Lewis going to have the same impact in June. I don't think a rookie James Ennis is going to have the same impact in the playoffs.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Joel Anthony's meager 3.8 million salary can be traded with draft pick consideration attached to him, Miller at nearly 7 million couldn't. That's what came into play when choosing between those two.

Pat Riley was able to dump Marcus Banks. He can dump Joel Anthony if it were to ever need to happen.

Utah took on Andris Beidrins and Richard Jefferson (20 million combined). Someone would take on Mike Miller at 6.8 million. Depending the team, they could even amnesty him, right?

But, if the Heat replace him with a suitable player and then are able to move Anthony, I guess all's well that ends well. Remains to be seen right now.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
It doesn't necessarily end the 3 peat, but it takes away a guy that's came up big in the last two NBA Finals. It all depends on who they replace him with, I guess. Miller made some really big plays for them.

There's plenty of guys out there that they could replace him with, though. I just don't think James Jones and Rashard Lewis going to have the same impact in June. I don't think a rookie James Ennis is going to have the same impact in the playoffs.

They eventually need to get a young shooter. Maybe Ennis can be the guy, but expecting him to contribute much on a team trying to 3peat is extremely risky. Imo, Miami needs to be more concerned about finding a big that can look somewhat decent against guys like Hibbert, Duncan, Howard, etc.

fatboy11
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
They eventually need to get a young shooter. Maybe Ennis can be the guy, but expecting him to contribute much on a team trying to 3peat is extremely risky. Imo, Miami needs to be more concerned about finding a big that can look somewhat decent against guys like Hibbert, Duncan, Howard, etc.

If they can/will do that, then it would be a good move. If they just take the savings and flesh the last couple of roster spots out with minimum level guys like Vanardo, Ennis, and Justin Hamilton.....not so much.

Inactive
07-16-2013, 04:43 PM
l Micky Arison is rich, and he became rich for a reason. Operating businesses at a loss isn't one of them.I'm pretty sure he was born rich.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah I guess, still don't like this move by the Heat though.

(e)
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
This is definitely a loss, but the Heat can make due without Mike Miller lol.

He has been big for them in the Playoffs, especially the Finals with his shooting, but I think they can overcome him. And it made sense to dump him when they'd have to pay so much in luxury taxes.

He should find another team easily.

Peteballa
07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
First bad FO move since the formation of the big 3.

catquickspider
07-16-2013, 05:35 PM
This is definitely a loss, but the Heat can make due without Mike Miller lol.

He has been big for them in the Playoffs, especially the Finals with his shooting, but I think they can overcome him. And it made sense to dump him when they'd have to pay so much in luxury taxes.

He should find another team easily.

who is going to step in when Battier struggles? Rashard Lewis :lol

Peteballa
07-16-2013, 05:38 PM
For those saying Rashard Lewis and James Jones, two quick things.

1. Rashard Lewis can't shoot anymore. Why do you think he didn't play this year? He's done.

2. James Jones can shoot as well as Mike, but shooting wasn't the only thing Mike gave us. He was an incredible rebounder, a willing and able passer, and underrated defensively. He was one of the best all around players on the Heat. We were better when he was in instead of Wade for much of the playoffs - this loss is huge for us. We are going to sorely miss Mike, there is no 2013 championship without him.

Mr. Incredible
07-16-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm livid about this. You can't take away this guy's experience and chemistry with this team. I don't know why Micky would make this move.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I'll miss him and I thank him for his contributions to the team. I will never forget Game 5 against OKC and the shoeless 3 in Game 6.

Kingwillball
07-16-2013, 06:45 PM
I like Miller and will miss him Hope Heat have a Plan to use his savings to pick up another Shooter or a Big like Oden or Dalembert at very least.

Mr. Incredible
07-16-2013, 06:47 PM
I like Miller and will miss him Hope Heat have a Plan to use his savings to pick up another Shooter or a Big like Oden or Dalembert at very least.
I'd take Dalembert over Oden.

Droid101
07-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Please, stop quoting Suck the Shocker. Put him on ignore like everyone else.

bluechox2
07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
cavs will pick him up

DaSeba5
07-16-2013, 07:39 PM
:cry:

I will never forget you

LongLiveTheKing
07-16-2013, 07:41 PM
The should've kept Mike Miller the 3 point driller/killer. He would always pull through for the Heat. :( :cry:

DaSeba5
07-16-2013, 07:41 PM

Ok.

Expect Miami is done posts all year.

G-Funk
07-16-2013, 07:54 PM
this is how miami repays the man who bailed out Lebron? Scandalous

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Its hilarious how bad Game 6 of the Finals mind ****ed so many of you.

Bigsmoke
07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm guessing Miami got another guard lined up? Mo Williams?

Feck, I loved Mike Miller. Best 3 point shooter in the league, that 3 pointer of his was so clean. Teams would be stupid not to get him.

U saying Mike Miller is a better 3 point shooter than Steph Curry?

305Baller
07-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Mike Miller provided huge intangibles. If the Heat don't repeat again look at this move with skepticism.

red1
07-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Mike miller is a heat legend, one of the most underrated players in the league when it comes to what he brings to the table and the recognition he gets

Bigsmoke
07-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Why is everybody on ISH crying over this.

Battier > Mike Miller

Dude had 2 or 3 good playoff games over the last 3 years and everybody thinks he is worth the money.

All of Mike Miller threes in game 5 were open shots because of Lebron's presents on the court. Not like he single handedly carried the Heat while LeBron was injured or some shit like that

DuMa
07-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Mike Miller didnt bring much in the regular seasons but man he was clutch and came up big when he was called upon. he hit a lot of memorable shots.

Bigsmoke
07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Mike Miller didnt bring much in the regular seasons but man he was clutch and came up big when he was called upon. he hit a lot of memorable shots.

and so did Mario Chalmers, Ray Allen, Cole, Battier, and many of the other Heat players.

Battier was on fire in game 7 and prevented Duncan from tying the game.

The Heat have what Miller brings to the table already and so changes needed to be made.

poido123
07-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Sooo, does this indicate Miami signing someone else from FA? Or just purely a luxury tax move...

If it's just a luxury tax move, this could prove to be a big mistake. Letting a player go like this who was well liked and played big playoff games would have an affect on the team for sure.

Fresh Kid
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
The heat don't need him anyway if you ask me, they don't even play James Jones like that.

Bigsmoke
07-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Sooo, does this indicate Miami signing someone else from FA? Or just purely a luxury tax move...

If it's just a luxury tax move, this could prove to be a big mistake. Letting a player go like this who was well liked and played big playoff games would have an affect on the team for sure.

he played poorly more than he played great that's for sure.

Miller was played horrible in game 7 "0 points 0-5"

he played big alright!

Derka
07-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Heat still won't have more than the taxpayer's midlevel exception to use, and you can bet this move was made solely to lessen the burden of using it.

Meanwhile, lol @ all the revisionist history coming from the bandwagon.

EnoughSaid
07-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Well it's been a pleasure having Mike be a part of this team. Him and UD were initially meant to be the first two guys off the bench and that would play a pivotal role in the title run. Ironically, both of them got injured and weren't able to really affect the game during that first year (except some UD appearances vs. Chicago). But that Game 5 performance will always be remembered.

http://www.nba.com/heat/sites/heat/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/migrated/photos/hpg1011_miller1_san_110304.jpg

MILLER TIME BABY. Thanks for an awesome three years Mike and hope you still can play a year or two. :rockon:

Spaulding
07-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Miller was blessed to have played the 2013 season. Remember how he was 50/50 on retiring after 2012?

Fresh Kid
07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Mike miller is a heat legend, one of the most underrated players in the league when it comes to what he brings to the table and the recognition he gets
A heat legend? Lets be serious here

I<3NBA
07-16-2013, 10:40 PM
ppl saying it should be Joel Anthony instead of Miller are not seeing that if Anthony was to be amnestied, that would make Miami's C lineup even thinner. who have they got after Bosh and Birdman? if Birdman gets injured, who will spell Bosh at the C? Juwan Howard? is that guy still on the roster?

meanwhile, Miami has a glut of players at the Forward spot.

Pra
07-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Miller seem'd like a great locker room presence & glue guy for the Heat. Very clutch in the playoffs, but this could potentially mean the Heat have a potential move? If they use their mini mle on a big and miller making over 6M counting towards their cap, they would only have 3M a year, so it might be worth the 15M in taxes for a serviceable i.e Dalembert. Can always trade off Joel Anthony for a 2nd round pick if that happens!

Burgz V2
07-16-2013, 11:17 PM
they had to do it. was only a matter of time.

2swift4u
07-17-2013, 05:19 AM
kinda sad to see him leave. I d rather have seen J. Anthony go but I guess it makes more sense to amnesty Miller because of the money.

tomtucker
07-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Awful move by the Heat FO.

agree, surely they could have found other players to get rid off insted of miller !?

2swift4u
07-17-2013, 09:47 AM
what baffles me is the fact that they now have no depth at the SG position in case D. Wade will be hurt again (which he most likely will be sooner or later). James Jones might be a good spot up shooter but that's about it. Miller at least could handle the ball a bit, play some good assists and rebound well. Now they are pretty much screwed if Wade misses a game. Neither Allen nor Jones can defend a quick player.

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Miami has enough shooting. Get a god damn center.

TMT
07-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Come over to the light side, Mike.

poido123
07-17-2013, 09:54 AM
what baffles me is the fact that they now have no depth at the SG position in case D. Wade will be hurt again (which he most likely will be sooner or later). James Jones might be a good spot up shooter but that's about it. Miller at least could handle the ball a bit, play some good assists and rebound well. Now they are pretty much screwed if Wade misses a game. Neither Allen nor Jones can defend a quick player.

As you probably know, Lebron is versatile and can help guard at the guard positions. You will be fine.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Come over to the light side, Mike.
mike miller should go to new york.

poido123
07-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Miami has enough shooting. Get a god damn center.

Hey guys, Heat needs more help :lol

francesco totti
07-17-2013, 10:21 AM
chalmers/cole
wade/allen
lebron/battier
haslem/lewis
bosh/andersen

I doubt this is final.With miller amnestied, and chalmers in his final year contract..its possible trade will come for the heat.

04mzwach
07-17-2013, 10:27 AM
That's fine. I like him and all but James Jones is a lot cheaper The difference is that Mike Miller is an all around player. Not completely one dimensional. That's how he ended up getting paid so much.

poido123
07-17-2013, 10:30 AM
chalmers/cole
wade/allen
lebron/battier
haslem/lewis
bosh/andersen

I doubt this is final.With miller amnestied, and chalmers in his final year contract..its possible trade will come for the heat.

I suspect amnestying Miller is related to a future trade or signing too.

I doubt Riley would do that, without something else in mind.

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 10:30 AM

they won a title with Bosh playing like shit and Wade hurt.

Agreed. What would LeBron had done without Wade's 15ppg and Bosh's 12ppg playoff averages :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DaSeba5
07-17-2013, 12:13 PM

Watch the playoffs and come back to me. You act like Miami steamrolled everyone. Wade was hurt and struggled, Bosh was a now show in the last 2 series (although he was good defensively), and the role players were extremely inconsistent. Nobody could make a shot.

The Nets
07-17-2013, 12:14 PM
The Heat has officially given up the following season.
:biggums:

poido123
07-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Watch the playoffs and come back to me. You act like Miami steamrolled everyone. Wade was hurt and struggled, Bosh was a now show in the last 2 series (although he was good defensively), and the role players were extremely inconsistent. Nobody could make a shot.

It's ok, I was merely trolling Silk :lol

There's a reason why Heat don't have a good big man. They used their cap up on their stars.

I was a little worried Heat would get Oden, keep him in a cage until the playoffs then unleash him. A healthy Oden or at least a 20-25 minutes a game Oden on the Heat would be game over.

You guys really lucked out to this point. Even Dalembert would be a great addition to the Heat. I'm sure they have some interest in him.

DaSeba5
07-17-2013, 12:26 PM
It's ok, I was merely trolling Silk :lol

There's a reason why Heat don't have a good big man. They used their cap up on their stars.

I was a little worried Heat would get Oden, keep him in a cage until the playoffs then unleash him. A healthy Oden or at least a 20-25 minutes a game Oden on the Heat would be game over.

You guys really lucked out to this point. Even Dalembert would be a great addition to the Heat. I'm sure they have some interest in him.

It's possible. They really want Oden for sure, but I don't know about Dalembert.

EnoughSaid
07-17-2013, 12:41 PM
The Heat has officially given up the following season.
:biggums:

Oh shit :roll:

What happened to Miami only winning 45 games and being eliminated in the first round?

DaSeba5
07-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Oh shit :roll:

What happened to Miami only winning 45 games and being eliminated in the first round?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

That was great

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Any word on Dalembert yet? I know Dallas had interest in him. I would take Oden, but would rather have Dalembert.

poido123
07-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Any word on Dalembert yet? I know Dallas had interest in him. I would take Oden, but would rather have Dalembert.

Dalembert is still busy climbing over the Frontcourt at the Bucks to escape into free agency.

Did I get a laugh? :D

2swift4u
07-18-2013, 03:03 AM
The difference is that Mike Miller is an all around player. Not completely one dimensional. That's how he ended up getting paid so much.

this. james jones can never do what Miller did. I think Miami needs a new and young SG. right now they rely too much on veterans which might be ok on certain positions but you need some athletic wings/guards.

At this point I'd say this Miami Heat team probably is not as good as last year (because of age, Miller gone etc.), whereas some other teams in the East have improved.