PDA

View Full Version : "Who would want to play w/ Kobe Bryant?" - Nelly on First Take.

tazb
07-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Here's the full video: http://youtu.be/O1zJci8dL8E

He was going off, dropping that ether.:lol :applause:

branslowski
07-16-2013, 04:14 PM
If you don't wanna win a title, no one. Gasol's happy, no playoff wins before Kobe, 2 titles after. But troll thread, so I'll follow along.

Nelly is a grade A basketball analyst:applause:

KingLeBronJames
07-16-2013, 04:17 PM
"Kobe didn't make his teammates better." Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, Jordan Farmar says hi. Give me a better MC. A respected one at that to give his opinions on sports.

Doctor Rivers
07-16-2013, 04:21 PM
tazb do what tazb do

tazb loves him some kobe

CJ Mustard
07-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Nelly destroyed Stephen A.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Nelly :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nash
07-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Let us talk about how Kobe drove away to star players.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Nelly sounds like your typical Kobe hater/Lebron fan on ISH. :oldlol:

Levity
07-16-2013, 04:26 PM
So, who's in the lead for biggest kobe fan on ISH?

Tazb, TonyM, or Silk?

With the daily threads were subjected to everyday, its an extremely tight race to call.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Nelly just took a shit all over Steven A. Smith :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

KingLeBronJames
07-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Let us talk about how Kobe drove away to star players.
Lakers went for the younger player. They made the right decision. Shaq won a Championship with us but wasn't the same player.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
He's a dumbass. Dwight left because of the team not being in a good situation for the future, and him not being able to take the criticism. Not even of this bullshit.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 04:32 PM
"What did Dwight do in the playoffs?"
"He was hurt! Where was Kobe!!"
Yeah this guy's a moron.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:34 PM
The lady host really needs to shut her mouth.

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Everyone wants to play for Kobe, it's just that Kobe's a little older now and this current generation of talent can't put up with the old school mentality.

I bet everybody would bring this up about MJ, Magic and Kareem too. Everyone wants to play with Kobe and Magic but this current generation probably going to say they don't want to play with Kareem either.

It's a generational thing. Kobe is the epitome of winning and one of the greatest players of all time.

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I usually don't agree with Stephen A. Smith but he is 100 percent right here.

tazb
07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
"[Kobe] wants 6(rings). HE WON'T GET 'EM."

Nelly :applause:

"Kobe Bryant is the spoiled child that L.A. has created."

Truth.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Nelly :applause:

Truth.
Didn't know Nelly could predict the future. You must be happy a crappy music artist is on your side now.

Levity
07-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Didn't know Nelly could predict the future. You must be happy a crappy music artist is on your side now.

Holy Shit, this whole time this was an interview with Mr country grammar, Nelly??? My ignorant ass thought this was don nelson spewing this crap.

Let this irrelevant thread carry on in full force.

kennethgriffin
07-16-2013, 04:44 PM
nelly is so mad

:roll:

meanwhile kobe is polishing those 5 rings and brushing off that top 5-6 all time resume even with his glaring disadvantage of having nobody want to play with him and nobody wanting to bandwagon with his team

is that really a diss to kobe? or to lebron

let lebron have all the ring chasers. kobe will win another one with scrubs

yeaaaman
07-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Holy Shit, this whole time this was an interview with Mr country grammar, Nelly??? My ignorant ass thought this was don nelson spewing this crap.

What's wrong with it being Nelly, what makes it more or less relevant than this message board?

Nash
07-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Here is the thing people don't seem to understand.. Howard left Lakers because they old as dirt. He had no future there, Houston gave him all of that with Harden. And on top of that, Kobe wouldn't hand over the torch so Dwight realized he had nothing in LA to do. Now he's in a team with a future and a star who's willing to share while Kobe is stuck with a meh team and no future at all.

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
nelly is so mad

meanwhile kobe is polishing those 5 rings and brushing off that top 5-6 all time resume even with his glaring disadvantage of having nobody want to play with him and nobody wanting to bandwagon with his team

is that really a diss to kobe? or to lebron

let lebron have all the ring chasers. kobe will win another one with scrubs

basically this.

They are actually praising Kobe. I have said it before that Kobe has done more with less. Those back to back Laker teams were pretty much garbage besides Kobe and Pau.

PJR
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Country Grammar >>> Kobe

KingLeBronJames
07-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Here is the thing people don't seem to understand.. Howard left Lakers because they old as dirt. He had no future there, Houston gave him all of that with Harden. And on top of that, Kobe wouldn't hand over the torch so Dwight realized he had nothing in LA to do. Now he's in a team with a future and a star who's willing to share while Kobe is stuck with a meh team and no future at all.
And if Dwight is wrong?

fpliii
You can't win a fight if your opponents won't enter the ring. Stephen A./Skip are shock jocks, so they can't get destroyed in debate. Mark Cuban tried playing that game a few months ago and for all intents and purposes eviscerated them, but they aren't on TV to provide actual basketball analysis. Just entertainment (fueled by narrative/psychoanalysis), so if you're going against them you can't win.

The host is pretty cute though.

Twiens
Not even Kobe could make Nelly relevant again...

LosScandalous
07-16-2013, 04:50 PM
I liked country grammar and nellyville but his time is over and he is clearly deluded/disoriented in this segment so his opinion does not matter.

Doctor Rivers
07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
http://cdn.sparkart.net/bigmachinerecords/content/releases/927_Front.jpg

Goldrush25
07-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Everyone wants to play for Kobe, it's just that Kobe's a little older now and this current generation of talent can't put up with the old school mentality.
I bet everybody would bring this up about MJ, Magic and Kareem too. Everyone wants to play with Kobe and Magic but this current generation probably going to say they don't want to play with Kareem either.

It's a generational thing. Kobe is the epitome of winning and one of the greatest players of all time.

You just contradicted yourself. They don't want to play with Kobe because of his mentality. Don't know that I'd call it "old school." I see people all the time with Kobe's Type A, career driven attitude. They achieve and achieve but it's never enough. They're never happy.

I think most every player in the league has the utmost respect for Kobe. That doesn't mean they want to team up with him. He just has a personality that wears on anyone close to him. Playing ball for him isn't fun. It's just what he's supposed to do. It's his whole identity.

I see it with physicians I work with. I see these people with extraordinary accomplishments, MDs from Ivy League schools, with PhDs, and they still are miserable. You can have respect for a player while wanting nothing to do with him as well.

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 04:53 PM
They say nobody wants to play with Kobe and for him to win 5 championships with nobody wanting to play with him is pretty damn amazing.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-16-2013, 04:54 PM
what a fcuking waste of time...Nelly is a fcuking clown like all the kobe/Laker haters on this forum....

did he even know/realize what the fcuk he was talking about?

PJR
07-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Not even Kobe could make Nelly relevant again...

Wut. Nelly's net worth is 70 million. And he's put out 4 certified platinum albums. He's still pretty relevant.

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 04:56 PM
You can't win a fight if your opponents won't enter the ring. Stephen A./Skip are shock jocks, so they can't get destroyed in debate. Mark Cuban tried playing that game a few months ago and for all intents and purposes eviscerated them, but they aren't on TV to provide actual basketball analysis. Just entertainment (fueled by narrative/psychoanalysis), so if you're going against them you can't win.

The host is pretty cute though.

Pretty spot on. They win with someone disagreeing with them.

I like to see a guy come on and agree with them. The show would be dead except Skip is there to back up the show, if that was to happen.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2013, 04:58 PM
So Nelly's word is garbage according to Laker fans. But we should treat Ice Cube like he is a prophet, right? The same Cube that hasn't released a classic CD since 1992 and does nothing but kids movies and cheap beer commercials.

:oldlol:

KobesFinger
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Nelly's basketball knowledge and debating skills are lacking. He said Gasol got worse when he joined LA because his stats went down. That tells you he reads box scores instead of watching games. He also said "where was Kobe?" when asked what Dwight did in the play-offs. And when Skip mentioned the fact Orlando reached the Finals on its 3 point shooting he had nothing to say. That Magic team was built around him and got insanely hot. When he asked "what other Lakers are held to the same standards as Dwight was" and Stephen A. said Kobe, all he could say was "back to Kobe?"

bdreason
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
The only solid point he makes is that you don't see players lining up to play with Kobe. The problem with playing with Kobe is that no matter what happens, his fans will blame everyone but Kobe... and you'll never see Kobe hold himself accountable.

Look at last season. Howard led the league in rebounding, scored 17ppg on 58% (5th in the NBA), and had almost 3bpg... all coming off serious back surgery. Yet Lakers fans (Kobe fans) did nothing but blame all their problems on Dwight Howard. I don't think I've ever seen a superstar player be held less accountable than Kobe Bryant.

kennethgriffin
07-16-2013, 05:00 PM
So Nelly's word is garbage according to Laker fans. But we should treat Ice Cube like he is a prophet, right? The same Cube that hasn't released a classic CD since 1992 and does nothing but kids movies and cheap beer commercials.

nelly said "dwight is my boy"

what did you expect him to say about kobe?

Jameerthefear

Not a Lakers fan at all.

Jailblazers7
That was actually entertaining. It sounded more like me and my friends arguing the subject instead of a bunch of phony experts.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
Nobody wanta to play with Kobe... Nick Young, Kaman, Wesley Johnson, Faarmar alk take paycits to play with Kobe:oldlol:

Thia guy should stick to making crappy music.

Levity
07-16-2013, 05:01 PM
What's wrong with it being Nelly, what makes it more or less relevant than this message board?

Nothing wrong with it. but for me, it would hold the same relevance as say Matt Damon going on a sports show to discuss his opinions on certain players. It means nothing to me. especially considering that his opinion is really based on a lack of knowledge of the real situation.

Pushxx
07-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Lol Nelly just yelling loudly. I mostly agreed with SAS (rare), but damn that was a sad argument. They weren't even addressing each others' points.

Solefade
07-16-2013, 05:03 PM
that was pretty entertaining

Nash
07-16-2013, 05:03 PM
And if Dwight is wrong?
of course not, he made a great decision in leaving.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Lol Nelly just yelling loudly. I mostly agreed with SAS (rare), but damn that was a sad argument. They weren't even addressing each others' points.
It's literally how the stans on here argue too.
"Kobe=ball hogging chucker"
"Lebron in da 4th is LOL"

It's just a circlejerk with the same comments with numbers with no context being thrown around.

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 05:05 PM

To be fair Ice Cube was a pioneer of hip hop and was in a group called NWA, which changed the landscape of rap.

Nelly? I don't know what he has done compared to other rappers. Just another pop artist.

Batz
07-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Nelly made a fool of himself, and First Take is horribly organized. That was not an argument, debate, or a conversation. Those were four monkeys in a room with one banana in the middle. Gave me a headache watching that nonsense.

KyrieTheFuture
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Nelly destroyed them for the first part and kinda trailed off at the end.

Solefade
07-16-2013, 05:16 PM
so what if Dwight dominates next season and Houston ends up going pretty far?

Nelly & Dwight = right?

Kobe = wrong?

Goldrush25
07-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Nelly made a fool of himself, and First Take is horribly organized. That was not an argument, debate, or a conversation. Those were four monkeys in a room with one banana in the middle. Gave me a headache watching that nonsense.

I didn't watch him today but I've seen him in the past on First Take. He doesn't really bring any insight. He's just another fan.

STATUTORY
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
lol so just cause you can spit some dumb lyrics about country grammar and nelly style that makes you an authority on basketball?

nelly would get verbally dissected in a basketball debate against the average poster on this forum. quoting nelly, might as well be quoting pauk.

secund2nun
07-16-2013, 05:23 PM
He tells the truth. No one wants to play with Kobe and that is why Howard left.

When LA loses, the teammates will always get the blame and Kobe never will even when he deserves it like in the 2008 finals when Kobe stunk it up yet everyone blamed Gasol who did better against near prime KG than Kobe did in the series. And when you win you never get the credit you deserve like in the 2010 finals when Gasol was the best player during that series and deserved the finals MVP yet Kobe won it.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Nelly spittin truth bombs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM

I'm gonna pop some Country Grammar, i miss nelly

MastaKilla
07-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Nelly: "who's lining up to play with Kobe Bryant?"

MastaKilla: "nobody dumbass they don't have cap space"

3LiftHeatCurse
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
He tells the truth. No one wants to play with Kobe and that is why Howard left.

When LA loses, the teammates will always get the blame and Kobe never will even when he deserves it like in the 2008 finals when Kobe stunk it up yet everyone blamed Gasol who did better against near prime KG than Kobe did in the series. And when you win you never get the credit you deserve like in the 2010 finals when Gasol was the best player during that series and deserved the finals MVP yet Kobe won it.

Because Kobe is the most overrated player of any sport in history.

He's a media / Lakers created shot jacker.

brownmamba00
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
lol all these texas ****** coming out defending their boy dHo. You'll turn on him next season just watch.

Doranku
07-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Nelly hasn't been relevant for years. He goes onto a medium (First Take) where people like Skip Bayless make a living off of saying ridiculous, outlandish, controversial things...

Doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. :confusedshrug:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-16-2013, 05:38 PM
To be fair Ice Cube was a pioneer of hip hop and was in a group called NWA, which changed the landscape of rap.

Nelly? I don't know what he has done compared to other rappers. Just another pop artist.

Cube is from LA and has been supporting LAL since his early days....

this mutha fcuka Nelly?? WTF dude...chillax ...put some band aids & make some stupid sh!t who nobody cares about...lol..

TheReal Kendall
07-16-2013, 05:42 PM
:facepalm

I hate First Take now.

It's like they're trying to appeal to dumb younger generation with all the rapper guests and R&B singers on there.

It's already bad enough that Skip and SAS don't know what they're talking bout most of the time.

This show is trash now.

I think if you did a vote around the league of if players want to play with Kobe I think most would say NO.

Chrono90
07-16-2013, 05:53 PM
what a fcuking waste of time...Nelly is a fcuking clown like all the kobe/Laker haters on this forum....

did he even know/realize what the fcuk he was talking about?

x2

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Does anyone really hate Skip and SAS? It's all a gimmick and they only say the things they say because they get a reaction.

I remember the days when Skip was actually a journalist when he was writing for the newspapers. Wilbon too.

Yao Ming's Foot
07-16-2013, 06:00 PM
I remember a time when basketball players were judged on their ability to lead their teams to championships not by how well they could recruit other stars to their team. :confusedshrug:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-16-2013, 06:02 PM

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Did he just call Pau one of the three best centers of the last 15 years?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Wut. Nelly's net worth is 70 million. And he's put out 4 certified platinum albums. He's still pretty relevant.
Sure he is :rolleyes: . Haven't heard anything out of Nelly since that duet he did with that country singer years ago. 'Number 1' off the Training Day soundtrack was my shiet tho.

SamuraiSWISH
07-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I remember a time when basketball players were judged on their ability to lead their teams to championships not by how well they could recruit other stars to their team. :confusedshrug:
Pretty much how I felt ... Nelly making an absolute fool of himself besides the Kobe being a spoiled brat beat which is very accurate. Getting players to a franchise is managements job.

K Xerxes
07-16-2013, 06:15 PM
I lost it at:

Nelly: NAME THE STARTING FIVE OF THE 09 MAGIC. NOW NOW NOW

Stephen A: Tebo Turko...Turkog... lu

Nelly: YOU CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE HIS NAME.

:roll: :roll:

Don't really agree with Nelly here, but that was hilarious as hell.

scm5
07-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Nelly is stupid.

I'm still on the first 5 minutes but...

Just last season Jamison took a paycut to come play with Kobe. Jamison had nothing to praise for Kobe the entire season.

As far as role players signing with the Lakers, role players looking for long contracts won't be coming here. The Lakers are on the 2014 plan and won't be signing anyone over a 1 year contract. That alone kills the prospect of playing for the Lakers for many players.

But still, you've got Kaman, Farmar, Nick Young, and Wes Johnson all signing one year deals and for less than they could get from other teams.

Kaman could have demanded a significant amount more. Hell, Kaman could have signed for the same amount with the HEAT, current NBA Champs, and probably ensured a three-peat for them. Yet, he still chose the Lakers. Yes, he's better at C than anyone else the Heat have.

Farmar played with Kobe, is taking a paycut to come back, and could have gotten more from other teams just based on how well he played for the Nets in 12'.

Nick Young could have demanded a little more than he's getting now and could have gotten a longer contract.

I'm not sure how much Wes Johnson could have gotten, but probably not too much more. He's still a decent prospect and I'm sure a lot of other teams would have signed him to a longer contract though.

Nelly needs to stfu.

Gonna finish the rest of this.

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Nelly is stupid.

Just last season Jamison took a paycut to come play with Kobe. Jamison had nothing to praise for Kobe the entire season.

As far as role players signing with the Lakers, role players looking for long contracts won't be coming here. The Lakers are on the 2014 plan and won't be signing anyone over a 1 year contract. That alone kills the prospect of playing for the Lakers for many players.

But still, you've got Kaman, Farmar, Nick Young, and Wes Johnson all signing one year deals and for less than they could get from other teams.

Kaman could have demanded a significant amount more. Hell, Kaman could have signed for the same amount with the HEAT, current NBA Champs, and probably ensured a three-peat for them. Yet, he still chose the Lakers. Yes, he's better at C than anyone else the Heat have.

Farmar played with Kobe, is taking a paycut to come back, and could have gotten more from other teams just based on how well he played for the Nets in 12'.

Nick Young could have demanded a little more than he's getting now and could have gotten a longer contract.

I'm not sure how much Wes Johnson could have gotten, but probably not too much more. He's still a decent prospect and I'm sure a lot of other teams would have signed him to a longer contract though.

Nelly needs to stfu.

It's only getting worse. :hammerhead:

livinglegend
07-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Nobody wanta to play with Kobe... Nick Young, Kaman, Wesley Johnson, Faarmar alk take paycits to play with Kobe:oldlol:

Thia guy should stick to making crappy music.

Are you being sarcastic?

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

Who took a paycut to play with Jordan.

Take Your Lumps
07-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Nelly should sign up on Insidehoops

He doesn't really bring any insight. He's just another fan.

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb90ajJo821rw5rky.gif

Scholar
07-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Someone should make sure Nelly knows the CBA better before he starts talking about paycuts. Also, how is he going to excuse D12's no-show in the POs with "He was hurt!" & then proceed to ask, "Where was Kobe?"
This guy probably hasn't watched basketball in years.

Nash
07-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Nelly is stupid.

Nelly needs to stfu.

Jamison did not take a pay cut, the only other interested team was the Bobcats and I'm pretty sure players would take a paycut at any team to avoid the Bobcats.

Player usually take paycuts so play in Hollywood and to get to live in LA.

sc19
07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
it's true. nobody will take pay cuts just to play with Kobe.

Levity
07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Jamison did not take a pay cut, the only other interested team was the Bobcats and I'm pretty sure players would take a paycut at any team to avoid the Bobcats.

Jamison was set on playing in CHA to be closer to his family. He gave up something like 5+ Million to come to La to play with Kobe and the Lakers in hopes for a ring

and for the last 15 years or so, the lakers have been over the cap. what all star talent could they have signed anyhow? no big name player was going to come to the lakers for the vet min or mle.

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 06:30 PM
it's true. nobody will take pay cuts just to play with Kobe.

scm5

Player usually take paycuts so play in Hollywood and to get to live in LA.

Jamison did take a pay cut. I'm sure he could have demanded more money from other teams, especially contenders. He's a good spark off the bench offensively.

This offseason, the Spurs and Clippers are both interested in Jamison. both are projected to be contenders.

BTW, Jamison posted up his highest FG% by far in the past 4 years playing with the Lakers and Kobe. He's only gotten a higher FG% 3 times in his 15 year career.

sc19

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 06:34 PM

Can you list the players who took a paycut to play with Jordan?

When you win (or play on a superteam) you attract players.

Kobe won in 09, so Artest took a paycut.

The Iron Fist
07-16-2013, 06:37 PM
"Kobe didn't make his teammates better." Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, Jordan Farmar says hi. Give me a better MC. A respected one at that to give his opinions on sports.
Check out JZone if you want a MCs/producers opinion on basketball.

AlphaWolf24
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Nelly = " Pau Gasol was an allstar without Kobe"

Me = "Big Z was an allstar without Lebron":banana:

Nelly = "No one wants to play with Kobe"

Me = No one wants to play with Lebron...in act he had to leave his 66 win team to join Wade:banana:

Nelly = "Kobe doesnt make anyone better"

Me = Odom,Kwame,Parker,Ariza,Bynum,Gasol,Farmer,Shaqall had thier ebst seasons with Kobe....infcat 3 of those players didn't even play in the league after leaving Kobe.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

this is fun.....

Orlando Magic
07-16-2013, 06:42 PM

yeaaaman
07-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Nelly is stupid.

Nelly needs to stfu.

Let's be clear, I think Nelly (and anyone else who might make this argument) are talking about relevant, impact players that will help LEAD a team to a championship, transformational franchise players, not marginal role players.

It's the idea that yes the Lakers will have a ton of money in 2014 but that doesn't guarantee they're going to get anything that's going to drastically alter their outlook after what's almost certain to be a mediocre at best season next year. Look at the Mavs. And then people will say, "Hey but they're the Lakers, this is LA, we have championships" but really, how much of an effect will that have on players coming to town if the on court situation isn't very good?

yeaaaman
07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Jamison did take a pay cut. I'm sure he could have demanded more money from other teams, especially contenders. He's a good spark off the bench offensively.

This offseason, the Spurs and Clippers are both interested in Jamison. both are projected to be contenders.

BTW, Jamison posted up his highest FG% by far in the past 4 years playing with the Lakers and Kobe. He's only gotten a higher FG% 3 times in his 15 year career.

Do you really think that's a direct result of playing beside Kobe, or the fact he wasn't being depended on to do so much, actually nothing close to what he was doing previously in his career. Without even looking up his #'s it's safe to assume he didn't shoot as well with Cleveland, think about what he was asked to do at that age compared to what he was doing with the Lakers. There's many ways to look at this.

bluechox2
07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
who wants to play with kobe?
it takes media to put out shitty stories about how melo or lebron wants to..:lol
we will find out next season

The-Legend-24
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
This nikka Nelly still alive?

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Nelly = " Pau Gasol was an allstar without Kobe"

Me = "Big Z was an allstar without Lebron":banana:

Nelly = "No one wants to play with Kobe"

Me = No one wants to play with Lebron...in act he had to leave his 66 win team to join Wade:banana:

Nelly = "Kobe doesnt make anyone better"

Me = Odom,Kwame,Parker,Ariza,Bynum,Gasol,Farmer,Shaqall had thier ebst seasons with Kobe....infcat 3 of those players didn't even play in the league after leaving Kobe.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

this is fun.....

Me too!

Nelly = "Pau Gasol is one of the 3 best centers of the last 15 years"

Me = and 0-12 in the PO without Kobe.

Nelly = "how can people forget 06"

Me = They did with g5 and Lebron.

Nelly = "Dwight led an Orlando team to the finals"

Me = and got his ass kicked by Kobe and his teammates. who didn't think they were better than they were. :facepalm

TimmyDuncan
07-16-2013, 06:52 PM
It's true that a vet all-star type of player should go to Miami (or OKC, Spurs or any contender) rather than LA for a contract under the MLE

Look at Artest and Ray Allen. They were basicaly at the same stage of their careere when Artest came to LA and Allen came to Miami

Anytime the heat are in trouble, all the critics are on Lebron and no one talk about Allen even if he was really really bad. OTOH Artest had a lot of critics with the same role every time he had a bad game.

So yeah playing with kobe doesn't seems like a good idea. You have to take less money, you're not even sure to make the playoffs and you will be critiziced a lot more than in any other team

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
So yeah playing with kobe doesn't seems like a good idea. You have to take less money, you're not even sure to make the playoffs and you will be critiziced a lot more than in any other team

Easy to say now.

TimmyDuncan
07-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Easy to say now.

Easy to say since 2005

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Easy to say since 2005

2008-2012 say hi.

TimmyDuncan
07-16-2013, 07:01 PM
2008-2012 say hi.

I can't see a team with Lebron or Durant not making the playoff

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 07:04 PM

I can't see a team with two superstars not making the playoffs (Westbrook+Durant).

I can't see a superstar not making the playoffs in the leastern conference.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061129

And for the record; Kobe has missed the playoffs 1 time in 17 years.

JellyBean
07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Oh boy. Nelly did a good job. But all of that shouting each other down has to stop. I agree with Skip, I do think and believe that Dwight left LA because he could not handle the pressure of being a Laker. He couldn't handle the pressure of being singled out when the Lakers lost a game, especially when he was the reason for that lost. A missed free-throw. A foul call against you at the worst time. You can't demand to be a leader and not be willing to step up and take your share of the blame. Kobe does not have a problem with being called out for a loss. That is the sign of a great leader.

And for the question of who would want to play with Kobe? I am looking at Pau Gasol, Jordan Farmar, Kamen, Nick Young, and those last few players are taking pay cuts. So somebody wants to team up with Kobe and become a Laker.

Also, the question about Kobe taking a paycut; He can't. The CBA doesn

PickernRoller
07-16-2013, 07:17 PM
This thread :roll: :roll: :roll:

Timmy, really?

FiveRings
07-16-2013, 07:47 PM
That was great lol. Nelly, one of the worst rappers of all time, talking about Kobe, one of the top ten ball players of all time.

I'm sure Gasol wishes he never played with Kobe. He'd be happy with zero Playoff wins in his entire career rather than two championships and a HOF spot. I'm sure Shaq would have rather not played with Kobe, and instead finished his career with half as many championships. Fisher forced his way back to the Lakers. Lamar Odom had a mental breakdown after being traded from the Lakers. World Peace wanted to stay for this season. Nash begged the Suns to trade him to LA.

G-Funk
07-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Nelly sold 30 mill records in his career, Kobe made that in 5 months, salty!

Bandito
07-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Nelly was talking about Kobe restructuring his contract. But I know for a fact he can't because of the new CBA. Even then why should he leave money on the table? If I was him I wouldn't do that, fvck the organization.

MastaKilla
07-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Easy to say since 2005

Kobe's made the playoffs 16 out of 17 years.

Da fuq you talkin about?

Fresh Kid
07-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Nelly has absolutely no idea on what he is talking about.

Bandito
07-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Man Nelly is so mad!

Jacks3
07-16-2013, 08:32 PM
That's why 4 different guys have taken HUGE paycuts to come join Kobe this off-season alone. That's why he has 5 rings and 7 Finals appearances with two completely different rosters.

Dumbass. :oldlol:

rock la familia
07-16-2013, 08:47 PM

lol cube is a pioneer of gangsta rap, not hip hop in general. Fcuking moron. Where'd u hear that, vh1? Lol

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 08:49 PM
lol cube is a pioneer of gangsta rap, not hip hop in general. Fcuking moron. Where'd u hear that, vh1? Lol

so rap is not hip hop?

Frozen1
07-16-2013, 08:50 PM
This ni99a is just yelling and talking shit, does not let anyone speak. What a dumbass.

I

Crafty
07-16-2013, 08:54 PM
so rap is not hip hop?

hip hop > rap> gangsta rap

9erempiree
07-16-2013, 08:56 PM
hip hop > rap> gangsta rap

gangsta rap >>> hip hop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>rap

Just too many household names when it comes to gangsta rap. Hip hop artists don't have very long careers and are mostly unknowns.

Crafty
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
I meant, gangsta rap is one form of rap, and rap "belongs" in hip hop.

Knoe Itawl
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Nelly :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Young X
07-16-2013, 09:13 PM
gangsta rap >>> hip hop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>rap

Just too many household names when it comes to gangsta rap. Hip hop artists don't have very long careers and are mostly unknowns.

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 09:15 PM

Knoe Itawl....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw7ydsCF9W1qks4mg.gif

Scholar
07-16-2013, 09:20 PM
It's true that a vet all-star type of player should go to Miami (or OKC, Spurs or any contender) rather than LA for a contract under the MLE

Look at Artest and Ray Allen. They were basicaly at the same stage of their careere when Artest came to LA and Allen came to Miami

Anytime the heat are in trouble, all the critics are on Lebron and no one talk about Allen even if he was really really bad. OTOH Artest had a lot of critics with the same role every time he had a bad game.

:wtf:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this statement but umm...

Artest to LAL = 2009-10 ---> Ron is in his early 30's & still a starter
Allen to MIA = 2012-13 ---> Ray is in his late 30's & a ring chasing role player.

TheBigVeto
07-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Great video. He spoke the honest truth.

Rameek
07-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I cant believe how this funny First Take episode has been taken to heart. It was so hilarious.

In this thread Laker fans are bragging about acquiring Kaman, Farmar, Nick Young, and Wes Johnson. None of these players are worth anything.

Magic 32
07-16-2013, 09:31 PM
In this thread Laker fans are bragging about acquiring Kaman, Farmar, Nick Young, and Wes Johnson. None of these players are worth anything. [/COLOR][/B]

Who cares.

In 09 and 10, many quality players would have taken a paycuts to play with Kobe/Lakers.

The Heat is a magnet right now because it's a superteam.

TheGreatDeraj
07-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Anyone mentioned Dirk yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CLcdl5GZfBM#at=55

Here Dirk answers Kobe when asked who he would team up with if he could "pull a miami heat"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1530158-dirk-nowitzki-breaks-down-why-hes-a-huge-fan-of-kobe-bryant

"I was always a huge fan of Kobe," Nowitzki said. "When I get home, at like 11 p.m., I know the fourth quarter will be just starting in L.A., and I'll sit down and watch him basically will his team to win with some incredible shots."

Solid Snake
07-16-2013, 10:17 PM
The lady host really needs to shut her mouth.

I never understood her purpose. You could just have Stephen A. and Skip Bayless essentially run through topics "PTI" style. Let each one be in charge of introducing a topic.

sc19
07-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Nelly hit the truth really hard. Join LA and lose, everybody gets blamed except Kobe. Heat lose, LeBron takes the blame. Not really Kobe's fault, just those Lakers fans.

Fresh Kid
07-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Nelly hit the truth really hard. Join LA and lose, everybody gets blamed except Kobe. Heat lose, LeBron takes the blame. Not really Kobe's fault, just those Lakers fans.
Thats incorrect. Kobe always gets blamed, and Lebron deserves to get blamed because of his juvenile actions in life.

Noyze
07-16-2013, 10:25 PM
To be honest (and I've been saying this for years), Kobe didn't make anyone he played with better. Lamar Odom is the only one you can argue for and if you remember, every player on the Olympic team the summer before he got 6th man of the year (his best statistical year) got significantly better. And odom was in his prime years.

Kobe didn't really make anyone he played with better.

TylerOO
07-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Got dayum! Nelly shitted on that whole crew. Black bitch needs to stfu she dont know shit. She just wants Kobes dick

andgar923
07-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Here's the full video: http://youtu.be/O1zJci8dL8E

He was going off, dropping that ether.:lol :applause:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hate to say this, cause in my entire life I never would believe that I would but

SamuraiSWISH
07-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Well yea, that plays into the accuracy of his Kobe is spoiled argument. Which I too believe. Nelly, the irrelevant pop artist no one has bumped since the early 2000s still acted like a fool on there. Par for the course though considering his company on that show.

LeBron gets people to want to play with him because he's a willing passer, a competitor, yet balances that out by being someone who is a gatherer and fun guy to be around. It is true he builds his teammates up.

Last year we saw many times whether it was through his game, or comments that Kobe can shoot people down around him. MJ would verbally get under teammates skin, berate them even to motivate but he balanced that out by placing his trust in them at opportune moments, shared the ball to help build them up. Kobe doesn't do that.

All the success goes to Kobe, all the blame is deflected. It's been like that for awhile out there now. It plays into Kobe's sense of self entitlement. It explains the pout fest in game 7 of the 2006 playoffs, the stomping of the feet threatening to leave in the summer of 2007 and so on.

chazzy
07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Sounds like a black Bruce Blitz

Fresh Kid
07-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Got dayum! Nelly shitted on that whole crew. Black bitch needs to stfu she dont know shit. She just wants Kobes dick
But you don't want Lebron's??

PickernRoller
07-16-2013, 10:47 PM
You know haters are running out of ammo when they glorify a screaming bum on TV.

Nelly the glorified Kobe hater. Talk about desperate love for attention. First Take should put Tony on TV too. The ISH ratings...RG would probably sh1t his pants after saying his first words: "Lebron marry me!"

:applause:

TylerOO
07-16-2013, 10:55 PM
But you don't want Lebron's??

Yea I do. Whats your point?

Yao Ming's Foot
07-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Do Lebron mythologists already forget that it was he who joined Bosh and Wade and not the other way around?

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/02/sports/photos_stories/bosh_wade132105--300x300.jpg

b1imtf
07-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Pip? He was underpaid, don't know if it was for that reason though

iamgine
07-16-2013, 11:28 PM
WTF that video was full of bad arguments from all around. Nellie = black redneck.

If anyone doesn't wanna play with Kobe, it's because he's old, injured, way overpaid and like to play hero ball. Doesn't sound fun to be his teammate.

ThaRegul8r
07-16-2013, 11:28 PM

Unsure what how good of an MC someone is has to do with his opinion on sports.

:confusedshrug:

Graviton
07-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Yea I do. Whats your point?
Intardesting....

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304265

:applause:

305Baller
07-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Kobe should respond with a battle rap.

thabisyo
07-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Thats incorrect. Kobe always gets blamed, and Lebron deserves to get blamed because of his juvenile actions in life.

18 posts??? :facepalm

Stay away and shut up. That what you are good at:no:

PickernRoller
07-16-2013, 11:56 PM

Apr 2013 lashing at a 10 post poster....:lol

Lateralus
07-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Dat ether :applause:

Nelly :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DMV2
07-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Whether you agree or disagree with Nelly's opinion, you gotta admit at least he backs up his opinion with some really good points.

Nelly, best celebrity guest on First Take. :applause:

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Yea I do. Whats your point? are u serious?

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 12:19 AM

You jealous sir?

DuMa
07-17-2013, 12:47 AM
As far as im concerned, all 4 of these people should burn in hell.

sportjames23
07-17-2013, 03:29 AM

Why you asking a Lebron/Heat fan this?

Legends66NBA7
07-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Was expecting this to get posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoumJ-uEmmc

Nelly's always kinda disliked Bryant. But yeah, what's with all these rappers opinions being brought up recently ? Nothing insightful, just biased garbage.

LongLiveTheKing
07-17-2013, 03:46 AM
Damn Nelly just spit the truth. :applause:

sportjames23
07-17-2013, 03:50 AM

Lebron missed the playoffs his first two years in the league.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 03:51 AM
Damn Nelly just spit the truth. :applause:
Nelly spits no truth just like his recent raps, no truth at all.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Durant missed a couple as well

Lebron23
07-17-2013, 03:54 AM

but he was an 18 yrs.old rookie and 19 yrs.old sophomore.

plowking
07-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Nelly at least views the game for what it is, and forms his opinion on it.

He doesn't get involved in the media bullshit cliches like some posters do on this forum. The shit like "this player can never win", "the pressure was too much here", "hes not a good leader because of this", "he can't handle being the man"...

Its basketball, and it is what it is. It wasn't Dwight's fault the Lakers lost. He played, and he was the best player on the Lakers against the Spurs. What more could he have done? I don't get the Dwight hate.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 03:57 AM
but he was an 18 yrs.old rookie and 19 yrs.old sophomore.
poor excuse for a pampered fake king

plowking
07-17-2013, 04:00 AM
Damn, Nelly is 38? Looks young as hell.

Who is that chick on the desk with them btw? Quite bangable.

dbk123
07-17-2013, 04:03 AM
lmao nelly is stephen a smithing stephen a smith. they keep cutting each other off with their ****ing screams lol

sportjames23
07-17-2013, 04:11 AM
Durant missed a couple as well

I thought he did, but wasn't 100% sure on that.

MaxFly
07-17-2013, 08:04 AM
That was hilarious. However, it strikes me that if one is going to argue that no one wants to play with Kobe Bryant, it's hard to also argue that he consistently has stacked teams. A player with whom no one wants to play getting to 3 NBA finals not too long ago and winning 2 is pretty impressive. You can't say "No one likes him and no one wants to play with him" and then say "The only reason he has won anything is that he has the best teams... his teams are stacked..." If people are going to side with an extreme, they can only pick one.

Trollsmasher
07-17-2013, 08:12 AM
I never understood her purpose. You could just have Stephen A. and Skip Bayless essentially run through topics "PTI" style. Let each one be in charge of introducing a topic.
Her only purpose is to occasionaly root for the Lakers:lol

To OP: Never liked those rap guys, but that man just spills the truth:applause:

Orlando Magic
07-17-2013, 08:16 AM
That was hilarious. However, it strikes me that if one is going to argue that no one wants to play with Kobe Bryant, it's hard to also argue that he consistently has stacked teams. A player with whom no one wants to play getting to 3 NBA finals not too long ago and winning 2 is pretty impressive. You can't say "No one likes him and no one wants to play with him" and then say "The only reason he has won anything is that he has the best teams... his teams are stacked..." If people are going to side with an extreme, they can only pick one.

It's really NOT hard to argue.

His first title team was with Shaq who signed for the money and bright lights of LA before Kobe ever played for them. Prime Shaq + anyone else = stacked.

His second title team... Gasol & Odom were acquired in trades along w Bynum in the draft which combined to make the best front court in the league.

The only two big names to sign in LA to play w Kobe were Nash who was clearly into getting paid and MWP who is crazy.

I just argued it and quite successfully so STFU.

Magic 32
07-17-2013, 08:48 AM

His first title team was with Shaq who signed for the money and bright lights of LA before Kobe ever played for them. Prime Shaq + anyone else = stacked.

His second title team... Gasol & Odom were acquired in trades along w Bynum in the draft which combined to make the best front court in the league.

The only two big names to sign in LA to play w Kobe were Nash who was clearly into getting paid and MWP who is crazy.

So when should Kobe have attracted semi-stars to take a paycut?

1996-2004 is set in stone.

So is 2008-2012.

2005-07 ????

Lebron attracted no one but a washed up Shaq in 7 years with Cleveland.

STATUTORY
07-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Nelly at least views the game for what it is, and forms his opinion on it.

He doesn't get involved in the media bullshit cliches like some posters do on this forum. The shit like "this player can never win", "the pressure was too much here", "hes not a good leader because of this", "he can't handle being the man"...

Its basketball, and it is what it is. It wasn't Dwight's fault the Lakers lost. He played, and he was the best player on the Lakers against the Spurs. What more could he have done? I don't get the Dwight hate.

:biggums:

he could have been the best player on the court

if you are the "best" center in the league and you get outclassed by 38 year old Tim Duncan, then there's something wrong. Either you are not what your reputation claims you are or you weren't playing up to your baseball card.

plowking
07-17-2013, 08:56 AM
:biggums:

he could have been the best player on the court

if you are the "best" center in the league and you get outclassed by 38 year old Tim Duncan, then there's something wrong. Either you are not what your reputation claims you are or you weren't playing up to your baseball card.

Who was better than him?

Tim Duncan outplayed him? Based on what? Howard was pulling down 11 boards and scoring 17 points in that series. Would have been a lot more if he didn't get ejected in the last game. No one else on the Lakers did jack shit outside of Dwight.

His team lost, but he was the best player on the court along with Tony Parker.

Jameerthefear
07-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Who was better than him?

Tim Duncan outplayed him? Based on what? Howard was pulling down 11 boards and scoring 17 points in that series. Would have been a lot more if he didn't get ejected in the last game. No one else on the Lakers did jack shit outside of Dwight.

Dwight didn't play as well as he should have. Granted, they still would have lost.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Her only purpose is to occasionaly root for the Lakers:lol

To OP: Never liked those rap guys, but that man just spills the truth:applause:
how he told the truth? please elaborate with us.

brownmamba00
07-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Who was better than him?

wow he put up 17/11?:eek:

thats like prime lamar odom numbers

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 09:34 AM

Still pretending to be a Celtic fan? :oldlol:

InfiniteBaskets
07-17-2013, 09:55 AM
The one point Nelly makes which I can see being true is he says players know when they come to LA, because of the way Kobe is revered as a legend already, all fingers will be pointing at you if the ship goes down.

And as Kobe ages, if you're the lone other all-star on that Laker team, you can bet the ship is going to go down.

riseagainst
07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
LMAO. Nelly sounded just like a typical lebrontard on ISH. I wonder which account he uses to post on here.

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Pip? He was underpaid, don't know if it was for that reason though

He got stuck signing a crappy contract before he became a star. If you read the Jordan Rules, Scottie was absolutely pissed about his contract and threatened to sit out games at one point. The Bulls owner is a cheap **** and none of the players like Jerry Krause.

scm5
07-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Nelly is all about Atlanta. Dwight's his man and he's salty about Dwight's short tenure with the Lakers.

All I heard during the rest of the segment was Nelly being loud and stupid. He was louder and stupider than SAS is normally which is a quite a feat. He out-SAS'd SAS. Impressive.

As for the Rockets going further than the Lakers this year, I think Nelly is going to eat his words simply because it seems like he really doesn't know Kobe. For the simple fact that Kobe now seems more determined than ever to come back, more determined to go HARD at Dwight, more determined to prove his haters wrong. Never discount Kobe, even if he just suffered the biggest injury of his career.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Nelly is all about Atlanta. Dwight's his man and he's salty about Dwight's short tenure with the Lakers.

All I heard during the rest of the segment was Nelly being loud and stupid. He was louder and stupider than SAS is normally which is a quite a feat. He out-SAS'd SAS. Impressive.

As for the Rockets going further than the Lakers this year, I think Nelly is going to eat his words simply because it seems like he really doesn't know Kobe. For the simple fact that Kobe now seems more determined than ever to come back, more determined to go HARD at Dwight, more determined to prove his haters wrong. Never discount Kobe, even if he just suffered the biggest injury of his career.

do you wash your kobe pajamas before you kneel and pray to kobe every night or do you still wear them dirty?

boozehound
07-17-2013, 01:13 PM

and therein lies the problem. Its not play with kobe (i.e. a team or partnership), its play for kobe (like hes the boss). That may have worked in the past, particularly with players willing to defer (pau), but it doesnt work with another A level superstar (shaq -once kb got his mature worldview, howard and it wont with lebron, etc who all want to be the guy).

Legends66NBA7
07-17-2013, 01:44 PM
He doesn't get involved in the media bullshit cliches like some posters do on this forum. The shit like "this player can never win",

Yeah, even you yourself have said that:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?postcount=17&p=4021518

Wally450
07-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Nelly would make a claim, but not put forth an explanation as to why he was making the claims. Stephen A. was making Nelly look stupid.

riseagainst
07-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Magic 32
07-17-2013, 01:59 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m87g9v5DQK1qgfmalo1_500.gif

Heavincent
07-17-2013, 02:03 PM

http://oi39.tinypic.com/jhdd07.jpg

TylerOO
07-17-2013, 02:06 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3897775/damn-gif-o.gif

DMV2
07-17-2013, 02:10 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1312915/i-quit-o.gif

Doranku
07-17-2013, 02:11 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq795ofhCH1qk54kdo1_400.gif

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 02:14 PM

People forget that plowking was one of the biggest LeBron haters on the board before 2010

3LiftHeatCurse
07-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Nelly would make a claim, but not put forth an explanation as to why he was making the claims. Stephen A. was making Nelly look stupid.

stfu, Nelly was on point droppin truth bombs

People straight up tired of carryin Kobe while he gets all the credit, and none of the blame when you lose

shit, kobe's own foot got tired of carryin him

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Cold blooded.

Koresh
07-17-2013, 04:36 PM

Another ignorant statement that was made on RealGM too. The Triangle Offense made these guys. You have a brain, how about using it sometime. All praise Kobe! This is what Nelly was talking about, but you and other morons are too busy swallowing Kobe's kids in your mouth.

Le Shaqtus
07-17-2013, 04:39 PM
You'd think the OP would be the biggest Kobe stan here considering how much he posts about him :lol

The Iron Fist
07-17-2013, 05:14 PM

So why didn't Shaq win from 97-99?

crisoner
07-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I guess Nash dosent count to Nelly because he is white. Gasol as well.

Lakers2877
07-17-2013, 05:50 PM
That's really silly. Plenty of guys have and wanted to play with Kobe. It's not just Kobe though. It's the lakers. It's SoCal. Hollywood. I wouldn't look too much into the Howard thing. He just wasn't a good fit here. Honestly I would rather have the cap space next year then have to watch Dwight brick free throws and lead the lakers to a second round loss every year

Lakers2877
07-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Another ignorant statement that was made on RealGM too. The Triangle Offense made these guys. You have a brain, how about using it sometime. All praise Kobe! This is what Nelly was talking about, but you and other morons are too busy swallowing Kobe's kids in your mouth.
I get that there are some Kobe fans who want to give him all the credit but reading message boards it seems to me like there are a lot of people who don't like to give him any credit. " Shaq..gasol..Bynum...Phil...the triangle " etc, etc

" the triangle offense made these guys "

That's a really silly comment. Did the triangle offense also help Kobe get all those all def selections too? The triangle offense didn't make anybody. The great players made the triangle successful.

outbreak
07-17-2013, 05:59 PM
bringing up players from a few years back in a discussion about people not wanting to play with him now doesn't work though. Kobe deserves a lot of credit in the past but in his current form I could see why some star players wouldn't want to play with him and would also be worried about the future after Kobe leaves and they go on a rebuild.

wang4three
07-17-2013, 06:06 PM
This is what happens when you argue with Stephen A and Skip. They don't use any quantitative proof and they stick to these arguments of random, immeasurable intangibles that are hard to refute because quite frankly, they don't mean anything. Shit like pressure, relationships, and mental toughness instead of missed plays, statistics, things that you can actually quantify.

It's disgusting watching them talk. It's like they have been part of too many book groups and AP Literature classes. Analyzing basketball as if it was Anna Karenina. It's basketball. It's a sport. A sport that relies on numbers to determine who wins.

Arguing shit like LA pressure and mental toughness and fortitude is a waste of time. It amazes me how they can spend hours a day talking about the same old shit and people let them get away with it and be brain washed by it. It's probably cause they can't do math and can't read a stat sheet.

Calabis
07-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Nelly spit'n the best lyrics ever :applause: :bowdown: