PDA

View Full Version : Rockets new starting lineup is practicing together already

DuMa
07-17-2013, 11:37 AM
So the players themselves set up their own mini-camp in LA.

Dwight
T-Jones
Parsons
Harden
Lin
Casspi

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/chemistry-lesson

:applause: :applause: this is what every hungry NBA team needs to do more in the offseason.

rezznor
07-17-2013, 11:43 AM

Dwight
T-Jones
Parsons
Harden
Lin
Casspi

:applause: :applause: this is what every hungry NBA team needs to do more in the offseason.

and they are doing it in LA :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 11:44 AM
That lineup would look a lot more impressive if they replaced Lin with someone that wasn't terrible.

Twiens
07-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Almost whole Raptor team has been together for weeks, NBA champs :bowdown:

I<3NBA
07-17-2013, 01:19 PM
That lineup would look a lot more impressive if they replaced Lin with someone that wasn't terrible.
yeah. imagine if they had Chris Paul.

KG215
07-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah...I'm going to go out on a limb and say they aren't the only ones who, to some extent, have gotten together and worked out or practiced or played pick-up games together.

jzek
07-17-2013, 01:27 PM
They have Casspi too? Wow. Do they still have Delfino? He was pretty solid last season... :confusedshrug:

boozehound
07-17-2013, 01:27 PM
They have Casspi too? Wow. Do they still have Delfino? He was pretty solid last season... :confusedshrug:
no, he went to bucks

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 01:28 PM
yeah. imagine if they had Chris Paul.

Or even Mario Chalmers. Lin sucks ass.

Doranku
07-17-2013, 01:28 PM
What happens if one of them gets injured?

brownmamba00
07-17-2013, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6AfcoG4o8

Le Shaqtus
07-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Lin better not play like a bitch this season, he's the only one stopping this team from being great.

InYaoWeTrust
07-17-2013, 01:39 PM
“He’s all for it,” said Parsons. “That’s a huge reason he chose to come to Houston. He loves our style of play, he loves the personnel. He looks forward to playing with me and James and Jeremy. I think it reminds him of Orlando where they had him and Gortat, and now it will be him and Omer. You have me as the Turkoglu kind of player. And no offense to Courtney Lee, but James is one of the best if not the best two-guards in the NBA. Their offense was really good when they could space the floor, have him roll out of the pick-and-roll, find shooters and play inside-out. I think our offense is very similar to the offense that he had a lot of success with in Orlando, but ours has even more freedom, it’s more up-tempo, and the more he runs, ducks in and the harder he rolls on those pick-and-rolls, it’s just going to open up our offense even more.”

If Omer isn't traded, I hope he can buy into his role playing along Dwight. The rim protection with just one on the court changes games. Imagine the D when they are both in the game.... Scary good.

bmd
07-17-2013, 01:56 PM
That lineup would look a lot more impressive if they replaced Lin with someone that wasn't terrible.Lin will be better next season.

He wasn't even bad last season. That is a misconception by some around here.

His main problem last year was turnovers.

SpecialQue
07-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Smart. Work on the chemistry now.

Mr Exlax
07-17-2013, 01:59 PM
How quickly will Dwight start to work with Hakeem again? I thought he'd be doing that already. Then McHale right after that! Gonna be awesome!

FKAri
07-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Or even Mario Chalmers. Lin sucks ass.

Mario Chalmers? This the same nikka tha got publicly dissed by Wade at the White House of all places and then proceeded to not even be able to crack a smile for days he was so butthurt. Nikka so dumb whenever he nails a coupler jumpers he thinks he's Magic on fast breaks. Then reality kicks in when it goes outta bounds and he realizes he's nothing but a li bitch. Shut yo ass up tryin to talk up that child.

Doranku
07-17-2013, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=InYaoWeTrust]

Mr Exlax
07-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Mario Chalmers? This the same nikka tha got publicly dissed by Wade at the White House of all places and then proceeded to not even be able to crack a smile for days he was so butthurt. Nikka so dumb whenever he nails a coupler jumpers he thinks he's Magic on fast breaks. Then reality kicks in when it goes outta bounds and he realizes he's nothing but a li bitch. Shut yo ass up tryin to talk up that child.

To be fair, do you think Miami would've made it to 3 straight Finals appearances and winning 2 championships w/o his contributions? Let's not swap him with somebody from a different team. Let's just drop him from Miami all together. Next up is Cole? Do you think Cole would've been able to replace the output that Chalmers has in these last 3 years? Those timely 3s, those defensive contributions. Just different little things like that.

doinitbig06
07-17-2013, 02:20 PM
why dont they start Donte Montajunas?

KG215
07-17-2013, 02:20 PM
That would never work. The spacing would be atrocious with Dwight and Asik on the floor at the same time. Harden thrives on his drives to the basket... what lanes would he have with those two are out there?

He has no post game and no mid-range game, so he'd basically be a three point shooter out there. And if the offense is to feed Dwight the ball in the post.... well, let's just say both players (Harden and Dwight) aren't being utilized correctly. :lol
Not to mention, on defense, teams can just go small to pull one of Howard or Asik away from the basket. Or, if it's a team that already has a stretch 4, it'll still pull Asik or Howard away from the basket.

I think a Howard/Asik frontcourt can work in spurts of games, especially against certain teams, but it's not something I can see working 20+ minute per game.

fatboy11
07-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Lin was not nearly has bad as most make him out to be, but he does need to step up for the Rockets to be contenders.

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Honestly, all Houston needs is a PG that can handle the ball, shoot threes, and get the ball to Dwight. I just don't think Lin fits in at all. That doesn't mean I think Houston will be a 1st round exit. They are going to be good no matter what.

IncarceratedBob
07-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Honestly, all Houston needs is a PG that can handle the ball, shoot threes, and get the ball to Dwight. I just don't think Lin fits in at all. That doesn't mean I think Houston will be a 1st round exit. They are going to be good no matter what.

:lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Its funny how certain posters follow me from thread to thread begging me to respond to them :oldlol:

Nezty
07-17-2013, 03:00 PM

Bench him and start Brooks?

fatboy11
07-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Bench him and start Brooks?

Brooks was let go. Patrick Beverley is the back-up.

rustycage
07-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Dwight
T-Jones
Parsons
Harden
Lin
Casspi

That's a very scary lineup, since there're six players starting...

JimmyMcAdocious
07-17-2013, 03:34 PM
That's a very scary lineup, since there're six players starting...

Well Casspi and Lin equal to 1 player (if you round up).

Spaulding
07-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Lin will be better next season.

He wasn't even bad last season. That is a misconception by some around here.

His main problem last year was turnovers.

How can you say he will be better next season? You dont know that, nor does anyone else.

He is not living up to his pay and expectations, that's why people said he was bad.

He is just a spot up shooter now, not even that great of a shooter either.

DuMa
07-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Lin doesnt have to be great. Harden and Dwight will do most of the heavy lifting. I just expect Lin to play smart and do what he usually does. defer and make the hustle plays.

DuMa
07-17-2013, 03:43 PM
why dont they start Donte Montajunas?

Hes more of a banger. not a true stretch 4. Dwight needs all the room he can get to operate in the paint.

Terrence Jones is molding into that type of player. He's got a nice stroke from outside and can handle/pass the ball like a point forward. He did it tons of times @ Kentucky. I've been noticing his progress @ D-League last year and @ summer league so far. He is starting to round into NBA form imho.

Bigsmoke
07-17-2013, 03:54 PM
do they still have Aaron Brooks

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-17-2013, 04:25 PM

Dwight
T-Jones
Parsons
Harden
Lin
Casspi

Is this D'toni/nash talking or parsons??

. I think our offense is very similar to the offense that he had a lot of success with in Orlando, but ours has even more freedom, it

Nash
07-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Am I the only one who's not really that impressed with Houston, even with Dwight? They have Dwight and Harden, Dwight getting very exposed last season while Harden, even though I like him, is not the type that will lead a team to championships.

Fresh Kid
07-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Practicing to be a 2nd round exit?

BlazerRed
07-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Smart. Work on the chemistry now.
Only squares work on chemistry on their summer break. I'm betting Lin was behind this.

Nezty
07-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Brooks was let go. Patrick Beverley is the back-up.

What! Damn, looks like he has regressed a lot after that 19 PPG season.

scm5
07-17-2013, 06:46 PM
No Asik?

Asik must be pretty disgruntled. They should really consider trading him not only because they need a starting quality PF, but for chemistry.

PickernRoller
07-17-2013, 07:04 PM
There is only ONE team that's gonna win the title next season.

1 out of 30 teams = 0.03333%

It's cool and hip and all. At the end of the day chokers will choke. Harden's a choker and Dwight in the 4th needs to be carried. Rockets better pray Parson becomes an all-star this season. That's the only one I can see developing a killer instinct and carrying them late when the going gets tough. Stop Harden's penetration aka automatic touch fouls and body up Dwight or hack him ala the Spurs vs. Grizzlies and there you have it - Parson with the load.

But don't take the opinions of a salty Laker fan for anything other than salt.

Suckafree
07-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Dwight bout to mess around and avg 16+ RPG this season

ElPigto
07-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Am I the only one who's not really that impressed with Houston, even with Dwight? They have Dwight and Harden, Dwight getting very exposed last season while Harden, even though I like him, is not the type that will lead a team to championships.

Harden by himself will not lead a team to a championship. Harden with Dwight, and to a lesser extent, Chandler Parsons, will definitely help lead the team to the finals. Maybe not next season, but we will be championship contenders.

What we really are missing is a solid 4. If D-mo or T-jones can develop, then we definitely will be very good. We don't have the best bench in the NBA, but we definitely have solid role players. Beverley, Garcia and Asik are going to do very well for us. Hopefully one more player will step up besides them.

I don't understand the hate on Lin. He actually played well in the second half of the season. He was shooting the 3 ball really well about towards the end of season. What we really need from him is to hit his 3 pointers and defend well. He definitely improved towards the end of season. He is overpaid, but whatever as long as he produces, I don't really care at this point.

9erempiree
07-17-2013, 08:45 PM
A bunch of wanna be Laker players. Doing it in L.A.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2013, 08:48 PM

Casspi sucks :oldlol:

MeLO MvP 15
07-17-2013, 11:54 PM
The Knicks did this when after Amar'e's first year (and Melo's half year) with the team and like every year after. It means nothing.

FireDavidKahn
07-17-2013, 11:59 PM
The Rockets are starting 6 people?

spiegel
07-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Our 3pt shooting will be with improve addition of Reggie Williams and Cassipi as Both those are shooters.Garcia and Parsons are great shooters so it should bode well. The 4 spot right now is the weakness.I think Terrence Jones will surprise a lot of people this season. Montijunes also can shoot from the mid-range to all the way to the 3pt line and that bodes well with Asik and Howard clogging the lane.

If Asik dosent get traded, We will have 48 minutes of elite defense and rebounding in the low block.Teams will struggle mightly to score and we will see teams resort to mid-range offense against us. Having those two monsters should help our perimeter defenders as well as those two can cover their mess if the perimeter guys get beat off the dribble.

Doranku
07-18-2013, 01:42 AM

:oldlol: I live in Ohio and every Cavs fan I talked to said Casspi was the worst player in the NBA.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-18-2013, 02:45 AM
A bunch of wanna be Laker players. Doing it in L.A. If Dwight wanted to be a laker he would be... He made your franchise look like the desperate girl with no date for the prom, I feel embarrassed for the fans/organization

bdreason
07-18-2013, 03:19 AM
This kind of stuff matters. Warriors did the same thing last off-season (and again this year), and it showed.

imdaman99
07-18-2013, 03:42 AM
dunno how well lin fits on a loaded team. i know he did best with jared jeffries and novak and chandler getting a lotta minutes during linsanity. melo is a different breed, a ball stopper much like harden is. and dwight? does he know how to pass out of a double team? i guess he did it with orlando on their way to the finals.