PDA

View Full Version : Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

doinitbig06
07-17-2013, 07:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBucvFHTQLI&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLOjWgcNdbves

Extremely talented stretch 4
7 footer
has post game
can hit the 3 from either corner with the best of them
can put the ball on the floor and finish strong
willing passer
no ego

this guy could be every bit better than 120M Rashard Lewis who was Dwights 2nd best player on the Magic team that made the Finals

to me he is HOU x-factor if they let this guy play starters minutes, he will be a great beneficiary of all the attention Harden, Howard, Lin, and even Parsons will command

outbreak
07-17-2013, 07:54 PM
don't think he's ready yet to be honest, maybe in a couple more seasons he could fill the role but lewis gets under rated these days. In his prime he was a good player

doinitbig06
07-17-2013, 08:07 PM
don't think he's ready yet to be honest, maybe in a couple more seasons he could fill the role but lewis gets under rated these days. In his prime he was a good player

:biggums: what about his game isnt ready?! did u watch the video? he was doin all that last season, why wouldnt he be ready even if he didnt improve which young international prospects always do

outbreak
07-17-2013, 08:22 PM
:biggums: what about his game isnt ready?! did u watch the video? he was doin all that last season, why wouldnt he be ready even if he didnt improve which young international prospects always do

shot 28% from 3, to me he hasn't got the off ball game to be what lewis was yet. Not saying he won't and I was impressed by how good he looked but he isn't lewis or anderson yet.

alenleomessi
07-17-2013, 08:30 PM
im guessing howard, asik, jones will get all the frontcourt minutes with parsons getting few at pf too

outbreak
07-17-2013, 08:31 PM
I think he should be starting and they should have traded asik and possibly lin for a point guard or some great bench guys.

rezznor
07-17-2013, 08:43 PM
he's bulked up a bit over the summer, which is what we wanted from him. he wasn't ready last season but let's see how he does this upcoming one. i'm cautiously optimistic.

doinitbig06
07-17-2013, 08:48 PM
he's bulked up a bit over the summer, which is what we wanted from him. he wasn't ready last season but let's see how he does this upcoming one. i'm cautiously optimistic.

if the rockets unleash the Donatas he will be a force, he will get COUNTLESS wide open three's when they inevitably double Dwight, i dont see any other big on the Rockets roster that has a higher ceiling or is as versatile as Donatas

ElPigto
07-17-2013, 08:49 PM
I really hope D-mo improves. If he can be consistent with his corner 3 and his mid-range game, then he brings a lot to the table. He wasn't the greatest defender, but he really hustled on the defensive end. Thankfully he's bulked up this summer and that should help him tremendously this coming season.

Cool story bro moment, I met him while eating lunch at Phoenicia once (grocery store in Houston). I remember it was the game before the Jazz game. First time I met a player in person.

SmackOrH.A.K
07-17-2013, 08:54 PM
His shooting ability is over hyped. He is not a good shooter. He does however have some nice post moves. If he puts on weight and becomes a good rebounder then he will get good mins.

He was starting midseason but fell out of rotation by playoffs. Terrance Jones is better.

SmackOrH.A.K
07-17-2013, 08:56 PM
He does have great confidence and continues to shoot jumper. Hopefully he can improve. He is good at running the floor too.

Nastradamus
07-17-2013, 09:48 PM
T.Jones is better.

Buckshot
07-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Championship? Montiejunas? LOL

noob cake
07-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Motie or Jones needs to really grow up for us to make a deep championship run.

VIP2000
07-17-2013, 10:29 PM
From what I saw last season, his defense was pretty bad. But he has a nice touch and should complement Dwight Howard really well.

KungFuJoe
07-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Shot way too many freakin threes for my liking.

DuMa
07-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Terrence Jones is the better fit at 4 for now. D-Mo could improve but he will always be playing behind Dwight and Asik if the team stays that way. i could see him getting some burn as back up PF but the Rockets playing small most of the time, its not likely. He will have to seriously impress in the limited minutes he will get early season

Euroleague
07-18-2013, 08:12 AM
"Bulked up"...........WTF?

He was already like 245 his last year in Europe. How freaking much do the Rockets want him to weigh?

He's going to lose all his mobility, which is the only thing he has going for him.

MMKM
07-18-2013, 08:59 AM
if the rockets unleash the Donatas he will be a force, he will get COUNTLESS wide open three's when they inevitably double Dwight, i dont see any other big on the Rockets roster that has a higher ceiling or is as versatile as Donatas

Why would you double Dwight Howard? I'd foul him a lot, I wouldn't double him

SilkkTheShocker
07-18-2013, 09:02 AM
I think the Rockets will be serious title contenders for awhile as soon as they replace Lin with someone who terrible

rustycage
07-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Why would you double Dwight Howard?
Exactly. No teams with a serious defensive game plan will double Howard, at least on the catch. Let him put the ball on the ground and let's see how good he is with his passing and dreamy shakes.

spiegel
07-18-2013, 02:07 PM
From what I saw last season, his defense was pretty bad. But he has a nice touch and should complement Dwight Howard really well.
He has some weaknesses like defensive awareness especially his off the ball defense and his low block defense. He also cant rebound to save his life and mostly his lack boxing out.

Last season on offense he showed gradual signs of improvement especially off the pick and pop and most imprortantly some handy footwork in the low block. He has somewhat good hands which is vital as Harden is very good at drive and dish to the bigs .

Overrall, he can be a good stretch 4 but he needs to improve his low post and pick and roll defense because the 4's in the NBA are all pretty agile and are good pick and roll players. He also needs to do a much better job boxing out and cleaning up the defensive glass.

Crown&Coke
07-18-2013, 02:26 PM
was he injured for a bulk of last season?

I don't remember seeing him play.

Greg Smith put up some good minutes at the 4 for Houston

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2013, 02:28 PM
He has some weaknesses like defensive awareness especially his off the ball defense and his low block defense. He also cant rebound to save his life and mostly his lack boxing out.

Last season on offense he showed gradual signs of improvement especially off the pick and pop and most imprortantly some handy footwork in the low block. He has somewhat good hands which is vital as Harden is very good at drive and dish to the bigs .

Overrall, he can be a good stretch 4 but he needs to improve his low post and pick and roll defense because the 4's in the NBA are all pretty agile and are good pick and roll players. He also needs to do a much better job boxing out and cleaning up the defensive glass.

no offense, but motiejunas is really good at boxing out.

spiegel
07-18-2013, 02:32 PM
He was/is terrible at it here in Houston. Infact one of the reasons McHale had some issues with him was his bad boxingout and poor rebounding.

spiegel
07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
was he injured for a bulk of last season?

I don't remember seeing him play.

Greg Smith put up some good minutes at the 4 for Houston

Greg is worse defender then Dmo if that's possible. Smith is a better finisher around the rim but Dmo's upside is huge once he gets better at some of his weaknesess.He has the potential to be a solid 14 to 17 points a game player in a couple of years.Gregs potential is a solid off the bench spark.

Thorpesaurous
07-18-2013, 02:43 PM
I really like Donatas, but I really see him as a post, mid post matchup problem type of guy. Not a true stretch four.

It's certainly possible he could play next to Howard, but I think you'll lose a lot of what makes him look like he could really develop, being that post and mid post game, and beating guys to the hoop with that one bounce mid post game.

Jones to me really feels like a better fit. And I like Jones as a prospect too. I'm not sure I like him better than Donatas, but I do feel like he's a better fit. A little more range, although his jumper still needs plenty of work. Seems to have a better second bounce. And probably a better perimeter defender.
And frankly Donatas seems like he'd fit better next to Asik because Asik can spend his time setting screens further from the hoop while they use Donatas near the block.

And if Asik got traded, I'd be all for Donatas getting more minutes as a straight back for Howard.

spiegel
07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Monti actually has the potential to be a solid stretch 4, but in my opinion I view his natural position to be more of a 5 but due to being stacked at that position he becomes more needed at the 4. Jones is a very good prospect. He runs the floor and is athletic, solid in between shot on him that stretches all the way to the 3pt line and is a above average rebounder.He is also an underrated passer and can defend the 3 can 4 spot.

bmd
07-18-2013, 03:10 PM
He just wasn't as good as he should be last season. He's got the tools... he's got the moves, a decent shot, etc... he just didn't quite make it happen like be is capable of. He was hit or miss.

He's going to be good. He just needs more work to make it consistent. And his defense needs to greatly improve.

At this point, Terrence Jones is better. Jones can shoot, too. And Jones brings rebounding, a little post game, and athleticism.

doinitbig06
12-14-2014, 12:38 AM
called it

YouGotServed
12-14-2014, 12:46 AM

what the..:biggums: D-Mo is terrible at boxing out. He's improved a ton, seems like he's able to play through contact a little more. but he's still a bad rebounder. His post game is legit but he gets pushed around a lot.

rezznor
12-14-2014, 07:25 AM
called it
good bump. donuts has been beasting

DamnMixes
12-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Hope he keeps on improving his post game, that's somethin that this team lacks, would be really nice to see him getting some minutes in the playoffs too this time.

Sakkreth
12-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Hope he keeps on improving his post game, that's somethin that this team lacks, would be really nice to see him getting some minutes in the playoffs too this time.

Well if he improves his post game even more he will be unstoppable there...